PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 19

Idealistic
Thu, 07-05-2007, 07:46 PM
doh! I forgot the word Episode in the title.

http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns019.torrent

edited thread title
also: Flomp-Straylife Fansubs - Naruto Shippuuden - Episode 19 (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1254)
-m

Sariin
Thu, 07-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Rawr! I just registered to post that! 2 sec too late. THWARTED!

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Good episode, although too many scene jumps between Gai's team fights.

No episode next week... AGAIN ¬¬

New ending sequence was... interesting.

ody
Thu, 07-05-2007, 09:24 PM
I don't know what's worse, DBZ or Naruto.

Would I rather want drawn out fight sequences or drawn out dialogue and unimportant scenes?

Board of Command
Thu, 07-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Another ridiculously slow episode. I'm surprised some people are actually enjoying this.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-05-2007, 11:04 PM
doh! I forgot the word Episode in the title.I really don't think there's a rule that says you have to. :p

Episode was definitely slow. Especially after a 2 week wait. Still, there was good stuff if you discount the stuff between the good stuff that wasn't good.

masamuneehs
Thu, 07-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Next episode looks like it'll be one of those where they switch back and forth between fights, getting little done except maybe showing us Zetsu's traps and some preliminary battle conversation between Sasori and Chiyo and Naruto cursing at everyone.
I can stand drawing out long moments. I cannnot tolerate switching back and forth. Each switch allows a chance to pick up from where the fight was left off. Rather, we got tons of switches just to show that, yes indeed, people are still fighting their clones, yes, if you throw another kunai or deliver another kick, they will counter with a kunai of their own or a kick of their own, of equal power. This does NOT create tension, or suspense. This milks the concept, which is ancient, a mirror match.

Why they don't all try to go towards one another, so it's 4 on 4, is beyond me. This does several things: puts them closer to the objective, Akatsuki. It allows them to take on each other's opponents, utilizing teamwork that the clones obviously lack (they can't talk apparently, and although they have perfect knowledge of their mirror, it's doubtful that they have that person's experience against and knowledge of the other team members), and it creates the possiblity of one of Kakashi's team coming in and tipping the balance in their favor.

But, no, they decide they want to duke it out against their mirror image, effectively failing to provide backup to one another or to Kakashi's team, which is engaging the objective... failure...

Who invented a trap that can copy the bloodline technique from Neji or all of Ten-ten's scrolls, simply from them dispelling a barrier? I don't buy it.

Naruto still needs to shut the fuck up and get sent on dog-walking missions in Konoha. He's a danger to everyone on his team and shouldn't be allowed out of Konoha until he can control himself a little better.

I did somewhat enjoy the debate on artistic merit between Sasori and Deidara, especially how they essentialy spat in Team Kakashi's face with it. I'm sorta surprised that Sasori would so easily ignore his grandma to engage in a debate like that with Deidara... And Gaara's dead, which is nice (not that it's him, but that it's a major 'good guy') and adds some more seriousness to this show.

Deidara's my MVP of the episode. Picking a fight with Sasori, showing that selfish villianry, having his bird eat Gaara and separating Naruto from the rest of the group is good work in my book. Kakashi did well. Sasori, Chiyo and even Sakura were tolerable. Everyone else needs to fucking stop wasting screen-time.

These two week intervals are breaking my freakin' balls.

Harima Kenji
Fri, 07-06-2007, 03:15 AM
The ep was slow paced, but nice to look at. The only complaint I have is that we have to wait 2 weeks to see the next ep. This emphasizes the pace of the individual eps.
Is there any reason why it's aired like this? Besides pissing of viewers..

Kraco
Fri, 07-06-2007, 04:47 AM
Masa pretty much already wrote my major complaints there, so no need to repeat them. Seriously, I don't know what's going on with this show.

What comes to the trap, it kind of puzzles me how it works. It needs to draw power from somewhere. Is it one of the Akatsuki feeding the clones with chakra, or is it leeching it off the Gai team members themselves? But if it was leeching them, Neji would see such a drain immediately with his eyes. So, it must be an Akatsuki member. You wouldn't think he could feed so superb clones for a very long time. Maybe if it was one mirror clone, but it's four of them.

Unless an original Jinchuuriki joined Akatsuki, it's pretty safe to assume all the beasts they have captured are still in the statue, so it's likely a normal human is keeping those clones fighting. He must have one badass chakra pool, especially since they should all already be somewhat depleted after sucking out Gaara's bijuu.

ASSpirine
Fri, 07-06-2007, 04:47 AM
Oh my god, the art part...

Board of Command
Fri, 07-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Do the episodes always air every other week now?

Elyne
Fri, 07-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Slow paced episode, hopfully they wont drag out the battle to much.

Oh, and Naruto looked kickass in the EP!

Idealistic
Fri, 07-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Sometimes... This show doesn't feel like it's about ninjas anymore. It's not as exciting anymore I can tell you that much. Maybe because I'm finally caught up and watching Naruto 1 episode every 1-2 weeks now, but all I have to say is the older series are a lot more exciting.

Team Gai and the traps were very boring. Ten-Ten is the WORST animated fighter ever. Her clone and her are like 5 yards apart and Ten-Ten decides to throw shurikens and kunais at her clone. She is so pathetic, at least she should know some Taijutsu?!?!? She's probably the coolest looking female ninja out of the rookie 9, and she'd be a lot cooler if she didn't suck so much.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 07-06-2007, 10:46 AM
I actually wouldn't mind if they aired every other week...forever. As long as they went back to covering 2 chapters an episode.

In fact, they should have Bleach and Naruto in the same timeslot alternating every week. Then I'd never have to see a filler again.

It might seem a little frustrating to wait at first, but later, when your rewatching all the episodes on a DVD, and there's no filler, or needlessly stretched out scenes...

...that would be...heaven.

Necromas
Fri, 07-06-2007, 10:51 AM
No manga prophecies. We don't care to hear it.
User has been warned for blatantly demistifying the current situation.

As for the clone fight theories...

*They could be using a similar jutsu to the one that they used to clone Itachi and Kisame, which we've already seen can clone bloodline limits, the sharingan, and special equipment, the Samehada (Kisame's sword). If they got clones that strong from small fractions of Itachis and Kisames chakra, it wouldn't be a far stretch to say they could get enough chakra for the clones from other Akatsuki members.

*Team Gai can't simply run towards eachother because of the large distance between them, the seals were spread very far apart in 4 opposite directions, and if you're fighting someone on equal footing, you gain a huge disadvantage when you try to run away. Team Kakashi can't really afford to send a member to help team Gai because they have their hands full with Sasori and Deidara and were planning to rely on team Gai for backup, not the other way around.

Kraco
Fri, 07-06-2007, 11:35 AM
*They could be using a similar jutsu to the one that they used to clone Itachi and Kisame...

Ah, indeed. I had totally forgotten about that technique. I suppose it would work for a while. Still, it would need to be a fancy modification to create the mirror image of not the jutsu user but someone else out there. And, well, the way those things were born didn't actually suggest there's a living human under the surface.

Still, Akatsuki must be having hard time finding new people for the lesser work; it probably doesn't increase the number of applicants when the job description is to hand over the control of your body to somebody else and then watch yourself recklessly fight to death...

Bread-sama
Fri, 07-06-2007, 12:31 PM
who fucking cares about art and Gai's team fight? to he hell with it.

itadakimasu
Fri, 07-06-2007, 12:56 PM
I was excited to see the episode pick up where the last left off 2 weeks ago; with team kakashi finding sasori and deidara sitting on Gaara but yeah the ep did move slow, and i cant believe that there is no episode next week. They need to be airing double eps if they're going to skip a week in between.

If the next episode is a double ep, it will be awesome.

Shenshort
Fri, 07-06-2007, 05:44 PM
We saw an average episode. Can't wait to see Naruto fighting. That's why I hoped Kakashi hadn't intervened to stop Naruto from combat with Deidara. Furthermore I totally agree with masamuneehs. There are things I cannot comprehend e.g. why did Kakashi and Naruto let Deidara escape out of the hole? They're Ninjas in the end. As Ninjas they have to act more tactically. Deidara has the advantage on the outside cause he seems to be an *air combat type* ( sorry I just can't think of anything better. ).

By the way what does Neji have in his bag?

mage
Fri, 07-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Oh my god, the art part...
?

That was one of the funniest scenes in the series.

masamuneehs
Fri, 07-06-2007, 06:47 PM
i suppose necromas has some point, that running away could put them at a disadvantage... I was thinking that, since the mirrors are on the exact same level, that they wouldn't be any faster than the Konoha guys. So, given a good distraction or some strategy (remember that concept?) I thought the Konoha guys could get a decent head start on their opponents and, cuz of the same speed levels, manage to meet up. I really don't see how fighting these perfect clones, head on, could be the best idea... I'm hoping for a good resolution on that, hopefully next episode...

i still also think the whole 'perfect mirror clone trap also is a powerful five point seal' is a little too much... Like someone else mentioned, where does the chakra come from? Even if it's another Meat Puppet, they wouldn't necessarily have the same chakra as their opponents...

DB_Hunter
Fri, 07-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Crap episode. I can't believe how slow everything is going.

I totally agree that Naruto should be sent back to dog walking duty is after almost 3 years of training he can't control himself when it really matters. And that was so stupid the way they let Deidara fly out of the cave... I mean the Kakashi that we saw during the Zabuza arc would have probably impaled the damn bird before it finished passing its beak over his head.

Only interesting part of the episode was the art conversation. Apart from that a total waste of time.

alpha826
Sat, 07-07-2007, 12:32 AM
so i guess i'm the only one who liked the episode? you guys just need to accept that fact that they are going to stretch out shit for as long as they can. the next episode looks good, now that everything all the set-up happened in this episode.

EDIT: and yes, the art conversation was fantastic. at first i was like WTF are they doing? then i realized the entire thing was a clever diversion.

Nintendo
Sat, 07-07-2007, 05:18 AM
i don't think that these clones have their special abilities like opening 8 gates of gai and 64 strikes attack of neji coz i think it is the only thing i can think of for team gai to beat their clones.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 07-07-2007, 09:54 AM
I like the idea of getting together and switching opponents.

Although, that sucks for whoever ends up fighting Gai's clone.

Assertn
Sat, 07-07-2007, 01:09 PM
EDIT: and yes, the art conversation was fantastic. at first i was like WTF are they doing? then i realized the entire thing was a clever diversion.

I'm pretty sure they were just arguing between the fleeting moment of an instantaneous explosion and the aged perfection of a well-crafted puppet as art forms.

Animeniax
Sat, 07-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Crappy episode overall. The trap within a trap was ok, but kind of blah and not very interesting. The pace was terrible. They flashed back and forth between each character's unchanged facial expressions in every scene, then wasted time with a discussion about what art is. Naruto continues to be portrayed as an unlikeable twit with zero anger management. Our heroes look inept and disorganized. This anime is going down the tubes.

I just got pwned at multiplayer Supreme Commander, so that's all I got.

Idealistic
Sat, 07-07-2007, 02:32 PM

I missed the part where it was a clever diversion.

But I thought the art discussion was pointless and pathetic. Their arguments as to what was art was pretty dumb.

Crash
Sat, 07-07-2007, 05:08 PM
As if the pacing wasn't slow enough already now they feel the need to only air an ep every other week? The pacing is really just murdering this anime. I'd rather they went back to the pacing of the first season and have to sit through some crappy filler after they catch up than have to deal with them stretching the manga content so paper thin that it looses all tension and excitement. The story, the characters, all that is good and i love it but i shouldn't be in the middle of watching what should be a very exciting and tense begining to a fight thinking "For fuck sake get on with it already".

Nintendo
Sat, 07-07-2007, 05:14 PM
i totally agree with u crash,they r killing us and that anime

DB_Hunter
Sat, 07-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Maybe they are trying to see how few manga panels they can animate per ep before ratings really start to drop off. That way they don't even have to bother with trying to think of a plot for a filler arc.

alpha826
Sun, 07-08-2007, 02:37 AM
I'm pretty sure they were just arguing between the fleeting moment of an instantaneous explosion and the aged perfection of a well-crafted puppet as art forms.

the way i saw it was that deidara needed more time to get more hand clay(since he used it all up in his fight with gaara). at the same time, deidara/sasori know naruto has zero anger management control, so deidara uses the art discussion moment to gather up more hand clay and just generally fuck around with naruto. there's also the mental aspect of 'we're so much better than you guys, so we're just going to ignore you until one of you is stupid enough to make a move,' that was pretty badass of atasuki(sp?).

also i think that team gai's 'trap' is one of venus fly trap dude's techniques, since he has the whole white/black color scheme going for him.

Assertn
Sun, 07-08-2007, 02:58 AM
the way i saw it was that deidara needed more time to get more hand clay(since he used it all up in his fight with gaara). at the same time, deidara/sasori know naruto has zero anger management control, so deidara uses the art discussion moment to gather up more hand clay and just generally fuck around with naruto. there's also the mental aspect of 'we're so much better than you guys, so we're just going to ignore you until one of you is stupid enough to make a move,' that was pretty badass of atasuki(sp?).
Wow....you're reading *way* too much into this.

alpha826
Sun, 07-08-2007, 03:00 AM
Wow....you're reading *way* too much into this.
how so? naruto screams out, quit fucking around with us,' and deidara tells sasori that he wants to fight naruto. not to mention that deidara keeps looking at his hand during the art conversation.

EDIT: though i should clarify that the whole mental aspect thing in my above post was just me thinking aloud, since i think they're a pretty cool bunch of villians.

mage
Sun, 07-08-2007, 03:33 AM
It was simply two "artists" argueing about what art actually is. Nothing more.

anime nomad
Sun, 07-08-2007, 06:17 PM
i have to agree with alpha826, the way diedra was staring at his hand during the conversation seemed significant, i believe that the art conversation was to give time for diedra to finish chewing his clay, as well as to try an bait team kakashi.
although the last bit where diedra takes garaa was not part of the plan, i really think diedra tried to screw sasori over lol.

masamuneehs
Sun, 07-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Deidara using the conversation to buy time would be smart, but I'm not so sure it that... I still think it was the studio trying to fill time without doing the constant cuts betweens scenes and slow pans (for the effort, i'll commend them, but the result is still quite lackluster)

and picking a fight with Sasori seems like a very bizarre way to buy time. He seemed legit pissed at Deidara...

Assertn
Sun, 07-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Their argument being merely a diversion would be a pretty terrible plot element, imo.
It would completely downplay the passion these two really have for their arts.

The reason Sasori was talking to Deidara in front of all the others was because Deidara was genuinely pissing him off.

mage
Sun, 07-08-2007, 09:35 PM
I still think it was the studio trying to fill time without doing the constant cuts betweens scenes and slow pans (for the effort, i'll commend them, but the result is still quite lackluster)

The art conversation is in the manga.

el_boss
Mon, 07-09-2007, 04:51 AM
Uuuum why don't they use that cloning technique more often? It seems quite useful to have an exact replica that doesn't die from one hit. Why even bother to go on missions, just send the god damned replicas.

The funnies part of the episode was when the girl in team Gai (can't remember her name) said "It's like I'm fighting my own mirror image". Stupid bitch it's not "like" that, you are fighting you're own mirror image.

Naruto and Kakashi should just have stayed behind and helped finish Sasori off.

Why didn't they just run when they saw a blob rising from the ground in super slow mo? That's like seeing a land mine and thinking "maybe if i step on it gently it won't fill my vagina with shrapnel".

Other than that it was an ok build up ep. Though it need more evil laugher from the bad guys "You think you can beat me with that HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA idiot!"

m7b
Mon, 07-09-2007, 11:01 AM
art of filler

next episode
I hope to see Sharingan vs Art explosion

Rhanfahl
Sat, 07-14-2007, 07:50 PM
art of filler

next episode
I hope to see Sharingan vs Art explosion

Well said, the filler never really ended in February... The best way I can describe Naruto is comparing it with this.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/07/12/cardboard.food.ap/index.html?iref=newssearch

Filler?....most can't taste the difference.

I would say the ratio is something like...
60% Manga
40% well...check out the link

ShinobiNiNaritai
Sat, 07-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Is it just me or did Sakura look really wierd in the beginning of the episode when she was running to the boulder?
Bad animation maybe, but it looked like an invisible hand was bouncing her across the water, like a puppet.

mage
Sun, 07-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Well said, the filler never really ended in February... The best way I can describe Naruto is comparing it with this.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/07/12/cardboard.food.ap/index.html?iref=newssearch

Filler?....most can't taste the difference.

I would say the ratio is something like...
60% Manga
40% well...check out the link
more like 98% manga, 2% filler. Really, the only differences are that they're drawing it out quite a bit.