PDA

View Full Version : Search Board funtion: 404 Error?

David75
Mon, 07-02-2007, 02:35 AM
I was wondering If I am the only one with this problem.

Everytime I click on the search boards function I get a 404.

Sorry if this has been discussed, before.

c u

Kraco
Mon, 07-02-2007, 03:22 AM
Must be you. Works perfectly for me, at least.

David75
Mon, 07-02-2007, 03:36 AM
Well, it works again for me ;)

The thing is that it didn't work yesterday night and today, on 2 different comps, with different browsers in different places (home and work)

Thanks for the input
c u

complich8
Mon, 07-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Well, it works again for me ;)

The thing is that it didn't work yesterday night and today, on 2 different comps, with different browsers in different places (home and work)

Thanks for the input
c u

Turns out, your 2 different computers and 2 different browsers both had javascript disabled.

But it was also actually an error in the template. supposed to be

a href="/search.php$session[sessionurl_q]"
Instead, it was:

a href="/search.php$session%5Bsessionurl_q%5D"

The first interprets $session as an array, and sessionurl_q as the index of that array. The second, treats $session%5Bsessionurl_q%5D as an undefined variable, some white space, and some text, and prints the text. So it was going to something like /search.php%5Bsessionurl_q% instead of /search.php?s=stuff

The javascript-enabled version of this was functional, so nobody with js enabled would have seen it.

Good catch!

David75
Tue, 07-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Turns out, your 2 different computers and 2 different browsers both had javascript disabled.

But it was also actually an error in the template. supposed to be

a href="/search.php$session[sessionurl_q]"
Instead, it was:

a href="/search.php$session%5Bsessionurl_q%5D"

The first interprets $session as an array, and sessionurl_q as the index of that array. The second, treats $session%5Bsessionurl_q%5D as an undefined variable, some white space, and some text, and prints the text. So it was going to something like /search.php%5Bsessionurl_q% instead of /search.php?s=stuff

The javascript-enabled version of this was functional, so nobody with js enabled would have seen it.

Good catch!

Out of pure luck though...
Because it seems it was sometimes not working, and others it worked...
I guess that's maybe due to an antipopup or ad soft I use on many comps, cause I don't remember disabling js.

thanks