PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Die Hard 4 : Live Free or Die Hard

itadakimasu
Wed, 06-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Ok... i was very pumped about this movie and didn't know it was out today but yes it is out.

On my way home however, i heard it advertised and it is rated PG-13... WTF

I am now not sure if i want to see it or not for fear that it has been toned down and completely re-packaged. Yippy-kayay motherf***er is not suitable for children 13 and under... surely the explosions and what not are there, but the death toned down... whats next, lethal weapon 5 : home for the holidays rated PG ?

Shadow Skill
Wed, 06-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Lol!

I was so looking forward to this movie too.

Maybe Bruce Willis mellowed out in his old age. :/

Now that you say it's PG-13, I don't know if I will bother. :/

Ryllharu
Wed, 06-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Trust me. I saw it tonight, it should be R. The MPAA has been a little more flakey than usual. Add a couple squibs, change a few shots/angles, this movie would have definitely been R. I'm convinced a bribe was made to get it to PG-13.

It was great. It's not a witty as the first one (hard to top that one), not quite as gruesome as the 2nd (no icicle through the eye), but it's a pretty awesome movie. Lots of comedy mixed in with tons of explosions and gunfire. A typical Die Hard flick. Some scenes are a little over the top. But it was a lot of fun, and there's plenty of parts that make the audience cringe, and then immediately laugh.

Plus it's got Mary Elizabeth Winstead as McClane's daughter.

itadakimasu
Thu, 06-28-2007, 01:58 PM
:) thanks Ryllharu.

PG-13 means so much more money than if its R...

I may goto see it this weekend, although they have this movie called Paprika showing at the angelika downtown and i might goto see that, the people w\ animefest sent an email alerting me to this one so die hard may wait for a week or so.

XanBcoo
Thu, 06-28-2007, 05:00 PM
I may goto see it this weekend, although they have this movie called Paprika showing at the angelika downtown and i might goto see that, the people w\ animefest sent an email alerting me to this one so die hard may wait for a week or so.
Oh, you lucky so-and-so! I was biting my nails wanting this to come out in a city near me, but no such luck was had. In any case, go see Paprika as well. I hear it's pretty amazing.

On topic: I wanna see this. I was expecting it to suck, but people have been telling me it's fun and also maybe kinda good??

eat_toast
Fri, 06-29-2007, 06:20 AM
Man, I saw it last night and I thought it was great! I'm really not sure how they got away with pg-13, because it definitely needed to be R, because of all the asskicking and cursing... BUT DAMN! Every scene gets a litle more over the top than the previous one, and after awhile all you can do is laugh uncontrollably at the sheer awesomeness.

And speaking of laughter, there were a great many funny bits throughout the movie, as well. My friends and I used the "I'm a mac, and I'm a (whatever seemed apprpriate) joke throughout and I expect someone will have a ytmnd out already.

Anyway, go see it!

rockmanj
Mon, 07-02-2007, 10:55 AM
All i have to say is
John McClaine-10
Jet-0

Yukimura
Tue, 07-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Lol if John McClane and Jack Bauer had a death match to see who's more badasss I'm not 100% sure Jack would win. McClane is just plain crazy in this one.

rockmanj
Tue, 07-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Ive actually discussed this at length...but i think jack would win it, since, you know he's tougher. it'd be close, cause mcclaine is willing to try some crazy shit, but in the end i think it'd be jack. I mean, you gotta root for the guy that bites people to death.

itadakimasu
Wed, 07-04-2007, 12:03 AM
!!! thats a very interesting comparison !!!! and honestly i've got to give it to jack.... the man gets tortured... stabbed .... then goes on for the next 23 hours of a day with no food, drink or toilet... gets mangled... shot.... and blown up and he's still rollin at the end of the day...

anyhow, i just saw it !! and i was not at all disappointed. I think they did a good job with it.

cast wise, was really good. had me going the whole time, especially when the kid started talking about this warlock guy and i was just anticipating who it would be !!! and BUAHHHAHAH it was !!!!!_______________! no spoilers here ;) soooo good though, and they completed it for me at the end when the bad guy bit it and i got to hear what i was waiting for. Yipppy Kayayyyy motherfuckkkerrr!!!!! two thumbs up here.

(i will note that it was 8:10 and we only saw die hard because the 8:15 transformers was sold out, but we were only going to see the 8:15 transformers because it was past 8 and i didn't want to miss any of the movie)

TruthofMistake
Thu, 07-12-2007, 08:17 AM
I saw this movie a week or so ago and liked it a lot. It's the kind of movie I would go see with my dad. An alright plot with tons of really fun action and general badassery. I really liked the Credence Clearwater Revival scenes =p

Foomanchew24
Thu, 07-12-2007, 08:31 PM
I liked the crazy bitch Bruce had to fight and the guy who bounced around like spiderman on amphetamines. Just plain good fun.

Ryllharu
Thu, 07-12-2007, 09:40 PM
The one that ended with, "Ohhh no!" from McClane? Classic Die Hard combat humor. McClane may have seemed more superhuman this time around, but fights like that one are what made Die Hard what it is. He did next to nothing but get roughed up, and the fight ends with a death.

YaGaMi
Fri, 07-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Just watched it last night, it's good to see an old-school action movie get a great sequel. I was initially worried when I heard it was rated PG-13b but having watched it I can say it's full of violence and action. Here's hoping Rambo IV and Indiana Jones IV deliver.

rockmanj
Mon, 07-30-2007, 06:13 AM
Just watched it last night, it's good to see an old-school action movie get a great sequel. I was initially worried when I heard it was rated PG-13b but having watched it I can say it's full of violence and action. Here's hoping Rambo IV and Indiana Jones IV deliver.

[I]Have you seen the Rambo trailer??[I] Die Hard was pretty good, but rambo is just plain sick...Although lolz at Mclain being racist to the azn woman...

YaGaMi
Thu, 08-02-2007, 05:16 PM
rockmanj I've seen the trailer and loved it! Rambo is truly a one man army. :D