PDA

View Full Version : I remember when...

Shadow Skill
Wed, 06-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Bleack was first fansubbed. The weekly downloads were like 2000 per episode up until episode 20.

The first 5 months of Bleach nobody took notice, then after episode 20, interest in Bleach sky rocketed to hundreds of thousands. Such memories... :/

Kraco
Wed, 06-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Hmm... There were about 30 episodes of Bleach out when I began to watch it, I think.

Damn, I liked the series A LOT back then. It had such a nice punkish attitude. And Rukia-chan...

Edit: Corrected past tense.

itadakimasu
Wed, 06-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Rukia drawing pictures :X hahaha

I didnt start watching Bleach until around ep 70-80 was out, theres nothing quite like having so many episodes of agreat series to watch.

Deadfire
Wed, 06-27-2007, 01:53 PM
I remember when people made interesting threads that had a point and purpose.

complich8
Wed, 06-27-2007, 02:04 PM
... nostalgia ...

I remember captaining the good ship AnimeOne on a surging sea of 3700 frenzied irc-capable narutards. Somehow it seemed more interesting than this thread. I don't know why...

Kraco
Wed, 06-27-2007, 02:13 PM
I remember when people made interesting threads that had a point and purpose.

Wow. Now that must have been long ago!

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 06-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Damn, hate a guy for trying to start a new thread in this dead Bleach forum. It's not like there's much to work with these days when it comes to the anime or the damn manga.

I watch the dub when I can now on Adult Swim. I was watching last night, I think it was about episode 10 or so, when it was actually good. I adore their VAs for Rukia, Urahara and Ukitake (he was in a flashback or something), and all around everyone sounded good

XanBcoo
Wed, 06-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Yeah, seriously. Watching the reruns of the dub on Adult Swim made me realize that Bleach had so much potential before it got wound up in the usual Shonen template. As Kraco said, it had a lot of attitude that it seems to have lost lately.

Also yeah, Rukia and Ukitake's English VAs are 2 of my favorites. Urahara is still crap imo.

animus
Wed, 06-27-2007, 06:13 PM
I was curious so I looked up the first episode on Youtube. Ichigo's voice is the same dude that did Kuhn from the .hack GU games isn't he? His voice acting is kinda poor and his voice just doesn't match Ichigo.

After that it got me thinking, that spirit girl was partially invisible, why aren't spirits partially invisible any more in current arcs and stuff?

Narasho
Wed, 06-27-2007, 08:11 PM
I started watching just after episode 4 had been released. It was really hard to get through the first 10 or so episodes. I almost stopped watching the series, but then it picked up alot of speed and got really good.

Kraco
Thu, 06-28-2007, 02:30 AM
Many people always say that, and I don't know why. I liked Bleach right from the first episode, and never thought to drop it (well, never until the fillers began).