PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Movie 8

Jadugar
Thu, 06-21-2007, 12:59 PM
One Piece Movie 8 - Episode Of Arabasta

The movie premiered on March 3, 2007. The DVD is set to be released on July 21.

Watch the trailer on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH8E0DqZ6z0

Official website :

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/movie/2007_onepiece/

itadakimasu
Thu, 06-21-2007, 01:11 PM
i watched that trailor... albeit without sound cause im doing upgrades right now and am not on my computer.... but all that showed was scenes from the alabasta arc, nothing that i haven't seen yet.

Kraco
Thu, 06-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Yeah, that was weird. What manner of a story are they going to tell? There can't be much free time space anywhere between the scenes of the Alabasta arc, and it was meticulously documented how they arrived at the island and left it. What's there to tell? Surely they aren't going to compress the same story into a movie, eh?

Mysterious.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Its not something that happened during Arabasta.

It's a retelling of the Arabasta arc, in it's entirety.

Kind of like when they took that dragonball arc where Goku fights in the Red Ribbon tower, and remade it as a movie.

Kraco
Thu, 06-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Heh. Well, seeing how the quality of the movies took a deep dive after the Zoro centered one, I won't blame them for not trying to come up with novel stories at all. Might be better this way.

itadakimasu
Thu, 06-21-2007, 10:53 PM
hmmmm... in some ways it could be good to supplement that arc and be better than just some filler.

the trailor doesn't really make me want to see it as much as the naruto shippuden movie trailor.

Belial
Fri, 06-22-2007, 04:18 AM
i watched the sample raw, and well nothing special imo, would rather watch something new then something old that is rushed in 1:30 h and has 2-3 changes (like crocodile draining luffys leg instead of arm, riding on the crab all the way to the city) and maybe 1-2 new scenes of few sec

If i wanted to see the Alabasta arc again, i would rather watch the series again then this movie, it doesn't do it justice

I at least thought i would enjoy the new animation, but didn't like it...