PDA

View Full Version : Graduations

eat_toast
Sun, 06-17-2007, 07:06 AM
Who's having them?

Personally, I am graduating from High School today. 12 years of slavery, only to get into college :D But I figured I'd make a thread to share in anyone else's celebrations whether it be High School, College, whatever.

darkmetal505
Sun, 06-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Today? That's pretty late. I graduated May 15th.

Spiegel
Sun, 06-17-2007, 12:18 PM
I graduated May 18. Yeah, 12 years of Catholic education... I am glad to be out. Can't wait to go off to college next year. I just hope I will still be able to get my anime on the school connection. I think they might block Torrent traffic in some of the newer dorms.

masamuneehs
Sun, 06-17-2007, 01:53 PM
I graduated earlier this year from Cornell University with a double major and a minor in Arts and Sciences in various, useless humanities. It slightly impresses people that I went there, but it was really a subpar place and probably not worth all the money I shelled out for it. Congrats to all.

LaZie
Sun, 06-17-2007, 04:38 PM
I graduated from High School on June 2nd. :p

Paulyboy
Sun, 06-17-2007, 10:29 PM
I haven't posted here in a long ass time, but I graduated May 27th at my ghetto high school, which is became a low standard high school this year lol. 12 years of slavery yes, and congratulations to you man even though the graduation was a bit late, when did school start for you?

Spiegel
Sun, 06-17-2007, 11:27 PM
What are everyones plan for after graduation? I personally am going off to college next year (As I have previously stated). I will be at the University of Alabama, majoring in Management Information Systems. If not college for the rest of you, what are your plans?

EDIT: Grammatical Errors.

darkmetal505
Mon, 06-18-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm going to Northwestern University near Chicago and I'm majoring in Biomedical Engineering.

Munsu
Tue, 06-19-2007, 09:00 PM
I graduated earlier this year from Cornell University with a double major and a minor in Arts and Sciences in various, useless humanities. It slightly impresses people that I went there, but it was really a subpar place and probably not worth all the money I shelled out for it. Congrats to all.
One would think that two majors and a minor from a Cornell graduate would be enough to land him a decent job. How's the job hunting going?

itadakimasu
Tue, 06-19-2007, 10:17 PM
community college ftw

TruthofMistake
Tue, 06-19-2007, 11:19 PM
I graduated May 18. Yeah, 12 years of Catholic education... I am glad to be out. Can't wait to go off to college next year. I just hope I will still be able to get my anime on the school connection. I think they might block Torrent traffic in some of the newer dorms.

The college I attend does this and when I lived in the dorms I found a few websites that let me keep up with the shows I liked. Not as good as torrenting but meh, better then nothing.

http://www.fansub.tv/

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime

Really though, just look for Direct Download sites to get it from.

Yukimura
Wed, 06-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Graduated with a B.S in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University

Fuck that's a lot to say. Anyway, a good way around torrent blocks is IRC!!! You can find bots with tvRIPs all over (koolaidtv and tear on rizon for example).

stos289
Wed, 06-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I graduate from High School on Sunday (June 24) so I kinda beat all of you on the late graduation day thing...

Anyway, I'm headed off to Rutgers University where I'll be majoring in Electrical/Computer Engineering.

masamuneehs
Wed, 06-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Anyway, I'm headed off to Rutgers University where I'll be majoring in Electrical/Computer Engineering.

make sure not to get a "second major" or even a "minor" in the classic Scarlet Knight discipline ;). Seriously, have fun, but wrap it up.

Spiegel
Wed, 06-20-2007, 07:40 PM
...Seriously, have fun, but wrap it up.

I cannot support any fact more than I can support that one. It is Crucial you wrap it up!

Munsu
Thu, 06-21-2007, 10:08 PM
If you don't wrap it up, make sure she's rich.

complich8
Sat, 06-23-2007, 12:39 PM
meh, guess I might as well mention that I graduated from Purdue in May, with a BS in computer science, a BA in psychology and a minor in philosophy.

See?
http://www.complich8.net/img/Bachelorses_640.jpg

I'm currently still around campus working my old job while jobhunting for a full time sysadmin position. The market looks fairly promising, and I think I'll be able to find something suitable.

eat_toast
Sat, 06-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Wow! Congrats to all the other grads -sorry I hadn't posted again, just got back from a week in Myrtle Beach :D

Yeah, my school started day after Labor day, so Sept. 9th? Anyway yeah now I'm off to Virginia Wesleyan College and currently plan on majoring/minoring/dual majoring in Computer Science, Art, and/or French.

stos289
Thu, 06-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah...I wasn't really aware that Rutgers was infamous for its "second major" (as masamuneehs put it) but I'll keep all your advice in mind. Even though Rutgers has that reputation, I'm pretty sure it still has a good engineering program (or at least I think). It was kind of my "fall-back" school since I didn't get into my top school (plus I got a good sum of scholarships), so I hope it lives up to my expectations.

Feel free to leave any comments about the school if you'd like, it would most likely help me to get to know the place better.

And yeah...when I do party, I'll remember to party safe.

KitKat
Thu, 04-16-2009, 01:25 AM
Time to bring back an (almost) forgotten thread!

I just finished my last exam and handed in my last assignment. That's pretty much the end of my schoolwork (with the exception of my graduating essay....but realistically I have all summer to do that) so now I will have a shiny new MA Ling. Technically, my graduation ceremony isn't until the fall, but for all intents and purposes I'm a graduate now. Yeah!!!!!!!! *celebrates*

Anyone else graduating this year?

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Congrats KitKat :D

I kinda graduated back in 2004... ouch

David75
Thu, 04-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Congrats KitKat :D

I kinda graduated back in 2004... ouch

2000 :(

And at the time I was mocking people (those with my current age) telling me student years were normally the best ones.
Should I become a student again, I'd study abroad even more than I did, there's nothing better than being a student in a foreign country.

The only thing I did not have at the time, is my wife, and that's the only thing of worth in my nowadays life.

Remember:
Life's a bitch, and then you die.

XanBcoo
Thu, 04-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Anyone else graduating this year?
Yes. Unfortunately I'm not sticking around an extra semester to finish up the 2 classes I need to complete a Spanish major.

I am not excited about this at all.

TheBladeChild
Thu, 04-16-2009, 12:25 PM
This is my last quarter as a Mechanical Engineering major, kinda sad gonna miss the college life a little.

Konohamaru!
Thu, 04-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Well, congratz to you both anyway... Life outside of school in the working world isn't soo soo bad... Just find something you guys will enjoy doing if you can. =)

itadakimasu
Thu, 04-16-2009, 01:38 PM
My 2 year degree has entered it's third year : ). I need 3 more classes to have my associates ( WOOOOHOOOO ) outside of industry certifications, i'm not yet considering furthering my education. I don't think I can endure any more pointless core classes.

Carnage
Thu, 04-16-2009, 03:02 PM

*Scratches Cornell off list*

itadakimasu
Thu, 04-16-2009, 06:21 PM
what is starting pay for a cornell grad?

enkoujin
Thu, 04-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Graduating high school this June, going to be a blast at university...!