PDA

View Full Version : TV: Rescue Me

Munsu
Sun, 06-17-2007, 12:33 AM
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5899/rescuemeseason3bg4.jpg

There has to be someone here that watches Rescue Me. One of the funniest and most fucked up series I've seen on tv. Season 4 started this past Wednesday, so wondering if anyone here catched it.

Here's episode one of season 4:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=5ff2b49ceb8e477297577824c5b 07971c9adb467

From the creators and executive producers of The Job comes Rescue Me, a dramedy that centers on the inner workings of Engine 62, a New York City firehouse, and the personal and emotional battles of its members in a post-9/11 world.

The show focuses on Tommy Gavin, the senior firefighter whose life is in turmoil as he copes with the stresses and fears of his job as well the separation from his wife Janet. Tommy moves into a house across the street from her to stay close to their three children and keep an eye on her. The stresses and fears of his job are manifested through conversations with his dead cousin Jimmy Keefe, a former firefighter, as well as the haunting memories of people he has watched perish on the job.

The remaining heroes of Ladder 62 include Chief Jerry Reilly who, despite being called "The Good Chief," has a serious gambling problem and bets on everything, even Tommy's divorce. Sean Garrity is a young, handsome guy who is easier to look at than hold a conversation with. Franco Rivera, a cocky, Puerto Rican ladies man, is Tommy's confidant who lives life in the fast lane. Lt. Kenny "Lou" Shea is a man's man who secretly writes poetry and uses it as a way to release his emotional frustrations. Mike Silletti, "the probie," is subject to numerous initiation pranks as he starts his career as a firefighter.

rockmanj
Sun, 06-17-2007, 05:02 AM
yea, i got all the previous esasons on DVD. ITs one of the funniest shows on tv, if not the funniest. Leary's humor is so on point, and the cast is great too...and 1st ep ofseason 4 was solid...i think its goin in agood direction.

rockmanj
Thu, 06-21-2007, 01:43 AM
*bump*

sorry for the double post, but that dinner conversation about garrity jerkin it to tommy's wife was incredible. Really funny ep.

Munsu
Thu, 06-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Hahaha, yeah that was hillarious... especially towards the end when Garrity was trembling. Hopefully next episode will pick-up right where this episode left off, so we can see Tommy kicking the boyfriend's ass.

SamuraiOdin
Thu, 06-21-2007, 05:31 PM
I saw the first season of this in Blockbuster the other day and was thinking of renting it... My only concern is that at the time I was looking for something lite-hearted and comedic and the subject matter seems kind of serious. Does Leary do a really good job of transforming them into comedy situations, or are most of them kind of hit or miss?

Munsu
Thu, 06-21-2007, 05:39 PM
There's nothing light-hearted in this series. This is a "dramedy" some call it, a dark comedy by my books. It's always serious, you simply have to find the humor of what is going on when they actually show something that is meant to be comedic, but overall, this is a very serious series (still the show that has made me laugh the most) with a lot of strong themes and subject matter. It gets more fucked up by the season.

Munsu
Wed, 07-04-2007, 02:40 AM
So, anyone seen the last two episodes? The last one had a really fucked up ending. Once again, the show is full of surprises, in a sick way. We need more sex though, no one is getting laid this season, except for Lou and the nun.

You guys think Gavin will ever learn what was done to him and why the fire really started? I don't think he'll ever learn, which will bother me till the end of the series.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 07-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Someone really needs to start a "spank bank" thread. Teehee.

Franco: Then there's the women I've had sex with who are in my spank bank. I call that my 'bank spank bank'

Munsu
Wed, 07-04-2007, 12:19 PM
I wonder if Garrity added Gavin's daughter to the spank bank.

Also, Gavin has become a real pussy. He should've knocked out that fag in the restaurant.

rockmanj
Wed, 07-04-2007, 10:38 PM
what was the messed up ending you were referring to? oh yea..the chief.

rockmanj
Thu, 09-06-2007, 02:37 AM
**BUMP

We're almost at the last episode of the season!! No one has been watching?? It some pretty serious stuff going on...

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 09-06-2007, 11:44 AM
I didn't watch last night but I caught all of the season thus far. This show is going downhill fast.

Munsu
Wed, 04-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Man, it's been a while. Don't remember much about last season at the moment to comment on it, but good stuff as always. I cried in the final scene though, thought it was excellent.

I could've sworn we had some discussions about last season... I must've imagined it.

Anyways, Rescue Me is back:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/2464325

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 04-09-2009, 05:37 PM
I really liked this episode, it was funnier than I remember Rescue Me being in quite some time. I haven't been very happy with this show since it's become the Denis Leary bags all the hot bitches show, I can't stand the naive, innocent way he babbles and stutters when a hot woman tells him she wants his dick. It makes the show terribly annoying to me, like the firefighter woman who pulled him out of psycho bitch's house (it's been so long I can't remember anyone's name) and tried to sleep with him over and over. "You had such a beautiful hard on when I pulled you out of that burning house." That type of shit on this show makes me want to puke in my fucking soup. Anyway the whole storyline with Gavin's son dying was the last pretty good thing they did.

Oh, and what about the preachy fuck who has been spending this whole series trying to keep Gavin from drinking again? Now all of a sudden he deserves a bender? What a hypocrite.

There were also a set of "minisodes" that were like 15 minutes long that played after last season but I didn't keep up with them. I don't think anything significant happened in them though.

Munsu
Thu, 09-03-2009, 12:35 PM
So, finally decided to catch up to this season. I only have 2/3 episodes to go... the season finale was two days ago, can't comment on it yet.

Any of you guys watched the season? In my opinion this has been one of my favorite seasons so far. I really wish Katie had more screen time, she's an awesome character and creepy.

I should finish up tonight or tomorrow. Anyways, my back is hurting... thinking of going to a doctor and get one of those rides.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 09-03-2009, 09:32 PM
After a strong start it seems like this season just lasted forever. How many more bitches does Tommy have to plow before we get the point that he has sex appeal?

Anyway I think I had two episodes to watch until the end of this season, and I don't really have the motivation to see the rest even after how far I've come. The last one I saw was when the lady showed what she was carrying around in the briefcase. Underwhelming. Tommy hallucinating dead people when he gets sloshed is getting incredibly boring.

However I must say that Lou pulling one over on Candy was super epic. I was waiting for that to happen.

Munsu
Sat, 09-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Well, you only have one episode to go... go watch it. I just did and it was fucking messed up. Really, it was completely nuts.

I can see your point about lasting forever, particularly since this was their longest season yet... 22 episodes. All the previous ones were 13 or so.

As for the ladies, I get your point... though I don't mind it. Particularly this season didn't have many chicks. There was the Gina Gershon one, but she didn't have much screen time... she was mainly a leftover from the previous season. There was the french woman, but he didn't do shit with her... Lou beat him to the punch. Then there's the last one with the chick from ER, who I thought was a cool one to have... and they didn't do shit either. So mostly, this season was him fooling around exclusively with Janet and Sheila.

Loved how Lou screwed Candy over, but I'm pretty sure this is not the last we've seen from her. Anyways, go watch the final episode... it's fucked up.

Munsu
Thu, 09-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Just read that Rescue Me is finishing its run in 2 years, finishing with the 10th year Anniversary of 9/11. In all, the plan is for 19 more episodes... 10 and 9 respectively. Hopefully they'll round it up to 13 episodes each.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Rescue-Me-End-1009292.aspx

Munsu
Thu, 07-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Last Tuesday was the season premiere of Rescue Me... anyone watch it yet? I'll do so during the weekend.

rockmanj
Thu, 07-01-2010, 01:21 PM
I did, and it was pretty interesting. I won't spoil, but I am not sure how this will end for Tommy. I wonder if it as some people think; that Tommy is a modern day saint? That would be interesting.

Munsu
Thu, 07-01-2010, 01:29 PM
I did, and it was pretty interesting. I won't spoil, but I am not sure how this will end for Tommy. I wonder if it as some people think; that Tommy is a modern day saint? That would be interesting.

I'll try to watch it as soon as I can... but I hadn't heard that before, modern day saint? What are they smoking? Maybe when I watch this episode I'll understand better.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 07-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Fucking sucked, big time. The show was surreal, everything was so distorted. Why in the world wasn't the guy arrested for shooting Tommy? I don't care anymore. I'm sick of this tired old shit of watching Tommy see another version of himself and reflect on how many lives he's fucked up. I think this will end my run of Rescue Me, I hope Gavin drinks himself to death so I don't have to hear his whining anymore.

Munsu
Wed, 07-13-2011, 10:46 PM
I fell way behind on the series, still haven't watched last season. But for those still interested the final season just started tonight. Hopefully I'll manage to sit my ass one week and catch-up.

stella01
Sat, 08-06-2011, 05:47 AM
Hey i love to watch this show. Its season 7 was really good. I am watching this show since episode 1.