PDA

View Full Version : TV: Traveler

Assassin
Sat, 06-16-2007, 02:25 PM
How well do you know your friends? Would you bet your life on it? After spending every minute of the last two years living, working, and partying together, grad-school students Jay Burchell, Tyler Fog and Will Traveler depart on a cross-country road trip. But when an innocent prank at one of New York's oldest art museums coincides with the bombing of the iconic building, Jay and Tyler are blamed for the terrorist attack and realize that their "friend" Will may have been the one who framed them. Unable to find Will or any evidence that the Will Traveler they knew even existed, Jay and Tyler are forced to flee the city and go on the run.

Now, hunted by the F.B.I. as domestic terrorists, the friends must rely on each other to elude capture, while trying desperately to prove their innocence by answering two questions -- Who is Will Traveler? Why did he do this to them? Jay and Tyler search for clues both in the present and the past, and slowly unravel a conspiracy that involves their friends and family members and calls into question the very nature of American democracy.

Its a new series that started a few weeks ago. There are 4 eps out so far, available here (http://www.eztvefnet.org/index.php?main=show&id=183). As the description says, the show is about 3 friends who went to grad school together, 2 of whom (jay and tyler) are framed in a terrorist bombing. Now they're on the run, trying to clear thier name, and figure out who Will Traveler really is, and why - despite living with them for two years - theres no proof that he ever existed.

Pretty intresting show so far, good action and drama and plenty of mystery. Anyone else watching?

Edit:

You can watch the first 10 minutes of episode 1here (http://abc.go.com/primetime/traveler/index)

Munsu
Sat, 06-16-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm watching it, but I'm still on episode 3.

I really liked the first episode, but episodes 2 and 3 were kinda dumb and there were too many "convienient" coincidences for my tastes.

Come on, the FBI has them trapped by a library and the guy gets saved because he used to sneak in at night through a hidden passage to the library... that's pure bullshit.

Other than that, I think it has been a fairly entertaining series so far. I'm more interested in what has been happening around the girlfriend though and her dilemmas.

Zati
Sat, 06-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Yeah I've been following this too, it's a pretty good show to watch over the summer, since there ain't much on.

Last episode was great, them seeing Will again at the end, and more of the guy that keeps following and helping them out.

Munsu
Tue, 07-03-2007, 05:53 AM
Alright, I've caught up to the show now, and it has become a really good one. From episode 4 onwards, the show kicks in to a new gear and it really starts kicking ass. By the way, the creator has a thread in IMDB where he posts frequently, it's a good read so go check it out.

Show looks like it'll get cancelled after the first season though, which is a real shame.

Munsu
Thu, 07-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Tonight's episode was great... and a very nice cliffhanger at the end. Sadly next episode will be the last one. This show surely deserved a second season. Hopefully it goes out with a bang.

Assassin
Tue, 07-17-2007, 07:18 AM
ya definitely a very interesting way to end the episode. Cant' wait to see how it all ends.

Munsu
Fri, 08-31-2007, 01:12 AM
Hmm, we never discussed the finale. At this point I don't remember much, but it was pretty kickass with Will and the others together. We find about the traitors and so on, I wish they would have made more episodes.

Anyways, you got to love all the efforts that are being made to save the show, here's the latest:
http://www.porters-and-soldiers.com/index1.html

Munsu
Tue, 10-02-2007, 04:58 AM
The creator of the series posted an article detailing all unanswered questions of the series and pretty much details what would've happened in the series till the very end. It's a good read and it gives great closure to the series, you guys should really check it out.
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/Celebrity-Blogs/Davids-Traveler-Blog/Closure/800023249?messageID=800272358