PDA

View Full Version : Who could beat Itachi 1 vs. 1?

boilerph
Sat, 06-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Since the general fandom seems to hold Itachi on a higher level than almost every other character, who do you think could beat him from what we've seen so far? Please note this doesn't mean who do you think is stronger because that doesn't apply well to Naruto, it's more a question of who's fighting style gives tham an advantage.

Characters that I think would beat Itachi:

Hidan- All he has to do is wound Itachi and since he doesn't have to dodge his opponents attacks he's pretty much guaranteed to at least scratch anyone he gets close too. Also, the fact that he relishes pain takes a lot of the power out of genjutsu.

Sasori- Puppets are immune to genjutsu and I don't think Itachi could dodge 100 different expertly controlled attackers.

Jiraiya- This really stems completely from what Itachi himself said because I haven't seen anything from Jiraiya that would leave me to believe that he would beat Itachi. Of course we've also never seen him fight at full power.

Hiashi Hyuga- Byakugan should be able to analyze chakra flows to predict Itachi's attacks and there has to be a reason why teh Hyuga clan was Konoha's top family and not the Uchiha.

Splash!
Sat, 06-16-2007, 01:39 PM
I personally don't see why Hidan has an advantage over Itachi that any other ninja of the same skill level wouldn't have. Itachi really doesnt have to be that close to an enemy to do some serious damage and should be able to fight the battle from a distance. Hidan is pretty much defenseless against Tsukiyomi. Hidan's technique works by physically torturing the opponent. Even if Itachi gets trapped in Hidan's technique, he can still use Tsukiyomi before Hidan does any real damage and thoroughly shatter his mind without even physically touching him.

You might have a point with Sasori though. He could potentially give Itachi one hell of a time.

Also, I think that Hiashi referred to the Hyuuga clan as Konoha's top family because the Uchihas were pretty much wiped out. A lone Uchiha like Sasuke really doesnt count as a "family".

animus
Sat, 06-16-2007, 03:36 PM
I think the Hyuuga's have always been the top family. And the Uchiha's in some form or another stemmed off from them and developped different eyes. I think it's for that reason that they're newer that they haven't taken that status. Though, it's just all speculation and it could be in fact that there're more Hyuuga's that can inherently use Byakugan as opposed to Uchiha's using Sharingan (which has said only to appear in a select few).

Mkadoza
Sat, 06-16-2007, 04:15 PM
The reason the Hyuuga were the "top family" was because they were the oldest and most venerable. That says nothing about their comparative ability. And never once was it said that Hyuuga can predict moves. They can see tanketsu, and they've master a taijutsu which allows them to inject chakra into his oppenent, either to stop chakra flow or cause internal damage. Itachi is the one who can analyze chakra flow and predict the Hyuuga's moves, as a Sharingan user with better speed should be able to take down a taijutsu user.

Anyway, Uchiha were consider the most powerful clan before the were wiped out. As of now, no one has shown the ability to take down Itachi one-on-one, especially since he wiped out an entire clan of exceptional ninjas at age 13. I think Kisame v. Itachi would be good, but Itachi's skill set is extremely hard to match up against, which is why it seems like only someone else with a sharingan will be able to take him, whether it be Sasuke, Kakashi, Madara, or anyone else.

animus
Sat, 06-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Zero would be able to take down Itachi, he's the leader for a reason (most likely being the most powerful, which is usually how anime goes). Anyways, I'm pretty sure the Byakugan has the ability to look not only at tenketsu but chakra flow. What's the point of hitting tenketsu like he did with Hinata and completely disable her if he couldn't see the flow? Though I haven't rewatched those arcs in a long time.

BananaFob
Sat, 06-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Zero would be able to take down Itachi, he's the leader for a reason (most likely being the most powerful, which is usually how anime goes). Anyways, I'm pretty sure the Byakugan has the ability to look not only at tenketsu but chakra flow. What's the point of hitting tenketsu like he did with Hinata and completely disable her if he couldn't see the flow? Though I haven't rewatched those arcs in a long time.

Who's Zero? And I was thinking of Gaara with his Shakaku could take down Itachi, because he can manipulate his third eye and has a hard defence that Itachi couldn't break alone with his ninjutsu. I'm pretty sure Kisame could also take him Itachi down as well, considering water can destroy Itachi's fire elemental jutsus.

animus
Sat, 06-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Zero is just an "alias" of the Akatsuki Leader or what was stated as his symbol when he was introduced as an illusion in the cave where they extracted Shukaku from Gaara.

Kitsune
Sat, 06-16-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm pretty sure Kisame could also take him Itachi down as well, considering water can destroy Itachi's fire elemental jutsus.

Overall i doubt that Kisame could beat Itachi. Even though water takes out fire he still has Amaterasu, genjutsu, exploding clones, and hes extremely fast.

rockmanj
Sun, 06-17-2007, 12:27 AM
I don't know about that...I mean, kisme could always create a lake, and go underwater...that way itachi can't really look at him,and he could probably us water clone ( I think for some reason, it can fool eye jutsus, but im not sure)

jing
Sun, 06-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Since the general fandom seems to hold Itachi on a higher level than almost every other character, who do you think could beat him from what we've seen so far? Please note this doesn't mean who do you think is stronger because that doesn't apply well to Naruto, it's more a question of who's fighting style gives tham an advantage.

Characters that I think would beat Itachi:

Hidan- All he has to do is wound Itachi and since he doesn't have to dodge his opponents attacks he's pretty much guaranteed to at least scratch anyone he gets close too. Also, the fact that he relishes pain takes a lot of the power out of genjutsu.

Sasori- Puppets are immune to genjutsu and I don't think Itachi could dodge 100 different expertly controlled attackers.

Jiraiya- This really stems completely from what Itachi himself said because I haven't seen anything from Jiraiya that would leave me to believe that he would beat Itachi. Of course we've also never seen him fight at full power.

Hiashi Hyuga- Byakugan should be able to analyze chakra flows to predict Itachi's attacks and there has to be a reason why teh Hyuga clan was Konoha's top family and not the Uchiha.

All Itachi has to do is look at Hidan and he dies, same with Jiraiya and Hiashi Hyuga too. Sasori has eyes too.. he has a mind, Itachi can still put him in a gengutsu. Furthermore, Itachi doesn't need to dodge 100 controlled attackers, he can make kage bunshins. Itachi is undoubtedly the best fighter in the series, even if he were to be defeated, it would be by a sharingan user.

animus
Sun, 06-17-2007, 11:16 AM
I have zero doubt in my mind that the Akatsuki Leader is far more powerful than Itachi. You're assuming that these skilled ninja would be stupid enough to look him in the eyes. You forget that Hidan self-mutilates himself with immense pain in order to inflict pain on others. He didn't die even due to decapitation. If it was so easy to dodge 100 controlled puppets with just Kage bunshins and to top it off someone as skilled and powerful as Sasori, Sasori would've been easily defeated by some third rate shinobi long ago. The most powerful Kazekage to ever be produced, the third was easily dispatched and taken by Sasori. In the end, Sasuke will most likely be the one to defeat Itachi, but saying Itachi is the best fighter is quite a stretch.

$0ft*
Sun, 06-17-2007, 12:37 PM
only sasuke could beat him becuse of his sharingans... itachi could just copy & predict other enemys moves...

Assertn
Sun, 06-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I think Itachi could beat Hidan easily.

Just because Hidan is physically immortal doesn't mean he's mentally immortal.....and he probably has a weaker mind that Kakashi.

boilerph
Sun, 06-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I think Itachi could beat Hidan easily.

Just because Hidan is physically immortal doesn't mean he's mentally immortal.....and he probably has a weaker mind that Kakashi.

But what could Itachi use in a genjutsu to damage Hidan? Stabbing him like he did with Kakashi ( or any pain based genjutsu) would just excite him and I doubt Itachi knows any represssed memories that Hidan has.

Assertn
Mon, 06-18-2007, 11:35 AM
So you're saying there would be no way to traumatize Hidan? I'm not sure if Hidan having a tolerance for physical pain would necessarily transfer over to the tsukuyomi world.

Itachi makes the rules in that world and he could just as easily decide that Hidan isn't immune to attacks there.

Konohamaru
Mon, 06-18-2007, 12:06 PM
I think Gai Sensei can beat Itachi. He's trained enough against Kakashi to not look at his eyes whilst battling him. Gai can also unleash the gates if needed. I also think Jiraiya can beat Itachi.

February
Wed, 06-20-2007, 07:14 PM
I think Gai Sensei can beat Itachi. He's trained enough against Kakashi to not look at his eyes whilst battling him. Gai can also unleash the gates if needed. I also think Jiraiya can beat Itachi.

i still think thats not a good enough reason. Even though Gai can probably manage to attack Itachi by just looking at his feet, who says Itachi is helpless without Mangekyou? he might have some attacks that we haven't seen

KCMmmmm
Wed, 06-20-2007, 08:16 PM
i still think thats not a good enough reason. Even though Gai can probably manage to attack Itachi by just looking at his feet, who says Itachi is helpless without Mangekyou? he might have some attacks that we haven't seen

Well, since Itachi is primarily viewed as a genjutsu user, and the stipulations governing genjutsu limitations have never been fully stated, we have no idea of determining Itachi's power or techniques. For example, just when we thought Naruto would be alright by simply not looking in his eyes, it turns out he could use a finger to place him in a genjutsu. Gai would probably be placed in one if he simply looked at Itachi while he flexed his toe or something.

Also, I think Itachi could easily traumatize Hidan with Tsukuyomi. Even if he cannot use pain, or some hidden repressed memories, he could simply show Hidan an infinite video of himself dieing over and over again. Seeing as how the guy was (is) immortal, death is probably his greatest fear. Just a speculation of my own.

Y
Thu, 06-21-2007, 02:24 AM
I stopped reading the comic a while back, but isn't the idea that Itachi can instant-kill people kind of suspect at this point? He said himself that him and Kisame could manage a draw at best against Jiraiya which certainly is selling yourself short if you can kill him by looking at him. He ran away from Jiraiya rather than, say, instant kill him by looking at him, which he certainly had the opportunity to do. The two times he has used the Mangekyou Sharingan on someone were just to torture instead of kill them, and the worst damage the Tsukuyomi looked like it would do was drive you insane or turn you into a vegetable (which admittedly is still pretty severe, but doesn't kill you).

Has he actually used the Mangekyou Sharingan to one-hit kill anyone, yet?

KCMmmmm
Thu, 06-21-2007, 03:48 AM
I stopped reading the comic a while back, but isn't the idea that Itachi can instant-kill people kind of suspect at this point? He said himself that him and Kisame could manage a draw at best against Jiraiya which certainly is selling yourself short if you can kill him by looking at him. He ran away from Jiraiya rather than, say, instant kill him by looking at him, which he certainly had the opportunity to do. The two times he has used the Mangekyou Sharingan on someone were just to torture instead of kill them, and the worst damage the Tsukuyomi looked like it would do was drive you insane or turn you into a vegetable (which admittedly is still pretty severe, but doesn't kill you).

Has he actually used the Mangekyou Sharingan to one-hit kill anyone, yet?

Well, I don't think any genjutsu is enough for a kill by itself. The point is to distract, or otherwise incapacitate the enemy. Driving an enemy to insanity, or weakening them enough mentally (thereby draining their physical strength) would be considered incapacitation. Once the enemy is put out of action, the battle is won.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 06-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Jiraiya could take Itachi, he may not be living afterward, but even Itachi said that a fight against him would only end in death for both of them. So I am going to say Jiraiya.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Jiraiya beating Itachi is a certainty, since Itachi himself admitted so. It might be a draw if they both die, but it will definitely end with Itachi dying.

Sasori will eat Itachi alive, just because he doesnt have real eyes, and one prick from him means death. I honestly believe that Sasori is one of the strongest and deadliest in Naruto. It just so happens that the ones to fight him were the worst possible enemies for his style (excluding Tsunade, who is his imminent death)

BananaFob
Thu, 06-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Maybe if we bring the Sandaime/Yondaime, I bet they could kick Itachi's ass.

Sandaime has a whole selection of jutsus to choose from, considering he was the most strongest Hokage who ever lived. If he wasn't in his old age, he could probably take down Itachi, and for a last resort, the Shinigami Forbidden Jutsu would do the trick.

Yondaime, well, because he had that "godly-speed" technique that would prove faster than Itachi's eyes (unless they work the moment he looks at their body parts). I'm thinking there's no limit to this skill, because in Kakashi Gaiden, he virtually teleported right to Kakashi and his team. Plus, if you add the Rasengan and Kage Bunshins, Yondaime would definitely beat Itachi. Again, Shinigami Forbidden Jutsu could be used as a last resort.

itadakimasu
Thu, 06-21-2007, 04:02 PM
This topic would have been alot hotter a long time ago, like when itachi and kisame first were introduced. however, its really hard to tell right now. There really hasn't been any way to show itachi's growth over the time jump, whereas sasuke has become a total bad ass. same w\ jeraiya... he is awesome but there is no way that he can juggle training himself with his peeping, writing dirty books and his information gathering...

i think gai might be able to take itachi, and at this point i think that sasuke has a fighting chance...

Carnage
Thu, 06-21-2007, 04:13 PM
I think we have to wait and see how the story plays out a little more. His objectives and priorities dont seem to be set strait, seeing as how he wasted his mangyekou to have fun torturing Sasuke instead of using it on Jiraiya and running away w/ Naruto.

I was thinking perhaps he doesn't use his sharingan to the fullest extent because it hurts his eyes as Kakashi has said, but that still doesnt explain why he wastes his oppertunities on Sasuke.

chet_chetty
Thu, 06-21-2007, 06:17 PM
His objectives and priorities dont seem to be set strait, seeing as how he wasted his mangyekou to have fun torturing Sasuke instead of using it on Jiraiya and running away w/ Naruto.

...but that still doesnt explain why he wastes his oppertunities on Sasuke.

His goal for Akatsuki was to obtain the 9-tails. With everyone saying how good a chance Jiraiya has of beating Itachi, Itachi was not going to fulfilll the goal at the time.

His longstanding personal goal/objective/priority is to see Sasuke reach his limits as an Uchiha. Killing the Uchiha clan started that goal and using Mangekyou on Sasuke in that situation was a reminder for Sasuke to push even harder to obtain that goal.

IMO, it's needless to say that it worked. I dont think anyone has gotten stronger pre-timejump up to now than Sasuke. The guy is high level in speed, analysis in battle, ninjutsu (remember he has a "that jutsu" too), taijutsu, and genjutsu/sharingan use. The guy is practically Akatsuki level if he isnt already.

So yeah, besides Jiraiya, I'm basically saying Sasuke currently has the best chance out of everyone to beat Itachi.

Y
Thu, 06-21-2007, 07:02 PM
His goal for Akatsuki was to obtain the 9-tails. With everyone saying how good a chance Jiraiya has of beating Itachi, Itachi was not going to fulfilll the goal at the time.

I think the point he was trying to make was that if Itachi were actually capable of killing or permanently incapacitating people by looking at them, he could have killed Jiraiya with it and then captured Naruto. Instead he used it to torture Sasuke and then to blow a hole in the wall. He could have changed either use to "kill Jiraiya" if it would have actually worked.

Board of Command
Thu, 06-21-2007, 10:17 PM
I think the Akatsuki leader has the best chance of beating Itachi. Because otherwise...you know...Itachi would be the leader instead of being bossed around like the bitch he is.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Well, there have been cases in other shows where the subordinate is stronger than the leader. But needless to say, Itachi has gotten weaker than he was before the time skip, so many people might have a good chance of beating him now.

Kitsune
Thu, 06-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Well it makes sense that the akatsuki leader is probably stronger than him but unfortunately we have no proof yet. Same with Jiraiya, even though Itachi said that, it doesnt necessarily mean jiraiya could beat him considering weve never seen them fight each other or either of them fighting at their full strength

itadakimasu
Thu, 06-21-2007, 10:56 PM
I think the Akatsuki leader has the best chance of beating Itachi. Because otherwise...you know...Itachi would be the leader instead of being bossed around like the bitch he is.

BOC chose to make this statement as a way to end the discussion. Very well said. LawL

Assertn
Fri, 06-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Well, there have been cases in other shows where the subordinate is stronger than the leader. But needless to say, Itachi has gotten weaker than he was before the time skip, so many people might have a good chance of beating him now.
Who says itachi is weaker than before?

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 06-22-2007, 05:55 PM
I think he is preffering to the fight with Kakashi,Naruto and Sakura. Im not counting in the old lady cuz she didnt do crap. Anyway wasn't that replacement Itachi was only on 30% of his power. And people need to stop saying that he will use Mangekyou. He will only use it in dire situations ya know. Kinda turns him blind if I got that right.

Board of Command
Fri, 06-22-2007, 06:03 PM
His balls shrink every time he uses it.

Konohamaru
Thu, 06-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Maybe if we bring the Sandaime/Yondaime, I bet they could kick Itachi's ass.

Sandaime has a whole selection of jutsus to choose from, considering he was the most strongest Hokage who ever lived. If he wasn't in his old age, he could probably take down Itachi, and for a last resort, the Shinigami Forbidden Jutsu would do the trick.

Sandaime wasn't the strongest of the Hokages. He was just a pure genius at jutsu's if I recall right. I would say one of the brothers were the strongest, maybe the 1st.

Back on topic, after reading other ppls views, I think Jiraiya couls beat Itachi.

Y
Thu, 06-28-2007, 07:59 PM
There is no reason to suspect either the 1st or 2nd is stronger than the 3rd, considering he defeated both of them at once in the only confrontation we ever see (although it isn't on even terms at all).

Carnage
Thu, 06-28-2007, 08:33 PM
^^Plus the fact that the 3rd Hokage was what, 80 at the time?

Board of Command
Mon, 07-09-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm pretty sure it was stated somewhere that the 3rd was the strongest Hokage.

DayoftheDante
Fri, 07-13-2007, 03:04 AM
Naruto. Zero paired Itachi up with Kisame because he believes it would require them both to beat Naruto once he starts releasing tails. I think that's the reason for Itachi's comment about avoiding a confrontation with Jiraiya-not because those two just fear Jiraiya, but because they fear having to engage him and multiple tails. Lots of us have speculated about how many tails Naruto could manage to pull out before Kyuubi has enough room to take over completely, so until we know more I'm not gonna say "Oh, Naruto will surely win with X number of tails." I'm also leaving out all the non-kyuubi techniques we've seen Naruto use in this argument(as if they'd land) because honestly, you think he's going to remember any of them if 7 or 8 tails come out?

Carnage
Fri, 07-13-2007, 06:17 AM
I'm pretty sure it was stated somewhere that the 3rd was the strongest Hokage.

It was stated by Kabuto that he was the strongest Kage (While he was patronizing Oro right after the battle), which I believe is amongst the several ninja villages. But amongst Konoha itself, we really dont know enough about the 4th.

Mkadoza
Fri, 07-13-2007, 06:53 PM
The 3rd was considered the strongest Hokage of the four. The 1st had a unique bloodline and the second was a Suiton master, but the third, if I recall correctly, was considered a master of all ninjutsu (Whether he could use jutsu of natures other than Katon or Douton is unknown). The 4th has tremendous potential as well as the "intangibles" of a Hokage. The self sacrifice, the abilities. Honestly, if we look at Naruto now, if you just changed his temperment, he is going down an eerily similar road as the fourth. I mean he did create a jutsu that the fourth couldn't finish in what, a matter of days? At age 15? His learning curve may be the fastest in the mangas.

animus
Fri, 07-13-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure if the third was the strongest of the Hokage's. I know for a fact that the Yondaime was said to be the strongest ninja Konoha had ever produced. I know for a fact that the Sandaime was known as "The Doctor" or something? and had knowledge of the most amounts of techniques.

BananaFob
Sat, 07-14-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm pretty sure it was stated somewhere in the anime that the Sandaime was the strongest of the Hokages (probably the time before the Chuunin exams where the Hokage was talking to Konohamaru's class).

I believe Yondaime had the potential to surpass the Sandaime, but he wasn't given enough screen time in the anime or manga. He had that "teleportation-kunai", "God-flash", Rasengan(s), and Shinigami jutsus of his known abilities and skills. If he used his "God-flash" jutsu combined with two Rasengans with one on each hand (Jiraiya showed that this is possible when he showed Naruto how to develop Rasengan), I bet he could have taken down Itachi like the time Naruto took out Itachi's 30% clone (but only in an instant).

Carnage
Sat, 07-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Everyone is just pulling shit out of their ass with "Yondaime's potential" and all that crap. It makes sense for Kishi to make him the strongest Hokage, but we've barely seen him in action. We might as well just wait and see.

Rhanfahl
Sat, 07-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Why does a new Itachi thread pop up every few months or so...give it up. Who can beat itachi 1 on 1? We'll see in...what...at the very most, the next couple years? This is definately not something to get your panties in a bunch over. Comparing is useless too, I'll show you why.

Itachi + Kisame vs. Jiraiya = "Let's not fuck with this guy, best is a draw" that's what they basically said...

Jiraiya vs. Orochimaru = about equal...for sake of arguement.

Orochimaru vs. Sasuke (Itachi) = ...well...we know how that went

It was shown in Orochi's flashback how Itachi basically could shut him down instantly...and again when Sasuke beat him...but Itachi said that him AND Kisame would probably only match Jiraiya... Yet Orochimaru and Jiraiya are fairly equal in ability. You see where this is going? Its called circular reasoning...and debating it is about as fruitful as the football, hockey, baseball, and basketball fans in my city hoping for a championship year after, year after, year....

P.S. I'm from Philadelphia...

BananaFob
Sun, 07-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Well, basically, Jiraiya lost against Orochimaru because:

1) Orochimaru was a genius
2) Snakes eat frogs (referring to their summoning jutsus)
3) Jiraiya's an old guy, whereas Orochimaru is actually a snake inside a shell (which is his body)
4) Orochimaru's Diamond Sword is stronger than any melee attack Jiraiya had shown us in his disposal
5) Since Orochimaru steals and develops his thousands of varied Forbidden jutsus, I'm pretty sure they all beat Jiraiya's advanced techniques, composed of only two elements

Just saying, but maybe Jiraiya wasn't really trying hard when he fought Orochimaru, and that it wasn't a one-sided match; otherwise he would have reported to Yamato that he was in a near-death situation three times instead of only two (where he was punished from peeking at Tsunande, and when he was battling Naruto in Four-Tails form)

Kensee
Thu, 07-26-2007, 05:13 AM
To answer the original question of this thread...

Tobi. Hands down.

Edit: To the neg rep person... yes we have if you look around this thread. Also be nice ;).

*Enlighten*
Thu, 07-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Why does a new Itachi thread pop up every few months or so...give it up. Who can beat itachi 1 on 1? We'll see in...what...at the very most, the next couple years? This is definately not something to get your panties in a bunch over. Comparing is useless too, I'll show you why.

Itachi + Kisame vs. Jiraiya = "Let's not fuck with this guy, best is a draw" that's what they basically said...

Jiraiya vs. Orochimaru = about equal...for sake of arguement.

Orochimaru vs. Sasuke (Itachi) = ...well...we know how that went

It was shown in Orochi's flashback how Itachi basically could shut him down instantly...and again when Sasuke beat him...but Itachi said that him AND Kisame would probably only match Jiraiya... Yet Orochimaru and Jiraiya are fairly equal in ability. You see where this is going? Its called circular reasoning...and debating it is about as fruitful as the football, hockey, baseball, and basketball fans in my city hoping for a championship year after, year after, year....

P.S. I'm from Philadelphia...

i agree, why do these posts comes up so frequently???... Chiyo, Sasori grandmother is very wise at her old age, plus she prove age aint nothen but a number when she held it down between the fight with her grandson... in the manga i recall her saying “if your going against a Sharingan user, one on one its best to run”..... I see eye to eye on that comment especially when that user have the MS (Itachi)….. All he needs is one glance and the battle is basically determine,

I believe Sasuke is the only one who can defeat his brother so far……and maybe the (new improve MS kekashi )??? who knows because its irrelevant to throw people in the ring with Itachi….not even a hand full of people could beat this guy …. The Sharingan grew to a God Complex….. If you haven’t already notice and none of the legendary Sannin could not beat him either… if Orochimaru lost the fight with Itachi and Orochimaru gives Jiraiya a hard ass time with both of his arms mess-up to remind you then who could beat Itachi huh ???? not Jiraiya even though itachi mention that it will lead to a draw ...hard facts indicate that itachi will win....he has so much justus also he has lighting speed hand movement for justus and the MS at his disposal one wink of his eye he will sent you to another world of toture and pain...lol like kekashi

Sasuke may not have the MS but who knows??, Sasuke ability have tremendously grew to the point that most of the Akatsuki, think he is dead and not knowing he escape Deidara big jutsu finale (one of the best talented fights)….Sharingan user against Sharingan user is the only way i will say that will beat him…. Unless your like "guy” fight him looking at his feet” lol come on! Guy wouldn't get killed he wouldve got murder!. with so many air attacks and even some projectile jutsu and god only know wat other justsu he can be slain by because your just looking at the ground trying to predicte his movement only can last for so long.... that is also out of the question... hands down Sasuke ...and please for future reference if your thinking about mentioning a character who hardly fought or show any admiral victorys please don't mention like the hokages last time i check if the 3rd got beaten by orchimaru and itachi beat orchimaru within a couple of seconds you do the equation and example: pein v.s itachi if your thinking about this its out the question we have never seen him fight even though he is the leader doesn't automatically means he is stronger in battle we have to wait and see to make a determination on pein level.. he seems strong he is a leader but the question is could he woop ass?????