PDA

View Full Version : TV: John from Cincinnati

Munsu
Fri, 06-15-2007, 09:22 PM
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2677/johncincinnatis1it1.jpg

This series started last Sunday on HBO, replacing the Sopranos after its series finale. Series is interesting so far. Slow moving for the time being, but I think it'll become more active after a couple of episodes. There're some supernatural mysteries that is really my draw to the series, and I have no clue on what importance it will have in the story. Second episode is this Sunday. The series is not really comedic, but it had a couple of scenes that really made me laugh, so you may consider this to have some times of dark comedy.

Anyone here seen it yet?

Here's the first episode:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=ccf3ff93f576e478fc417fb3683 b5e487cc9283d

From the creator of Deadwood comes this new "surf noir" drama about a dysfunctional Southern California family galvanized by the sudden arrival of two strangers: a man out for revenge and a boy looking for surfing lessons. In Imperial Beach, California, the dysfunctional Yost family intersects with two new arrivals to the community: a dim-but-wealthy surfing enthusiast and man spurned by the Yosts years ago.

Munsu
Wed, 08-15-2007, 01:25 AM
Show got canned after the first season ended. So if you didn't watch it, don't really give it a try. It was a whole lot of nothing. Nothing happened in the series. Aside from some good monologues here and there, and some wierd ass scenes... there wasn't much in this series. In fact, 99% of the viewers don't know what the fuck happened in the series. And the 1% that think they know, are just dillusional.

TruthofMistake
Wed, 08-15-2007, 07:08 AM
I caught maybe two episodes of this show and it was so godamn random and weird, even considering that I probably came in during the middle-end, that I really couldn't force myself to watch it. I would get 5-10 minutes in, if that, and change the channel back to ESPN because even baseball is more entertaining then this was.