PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Summer 2007

Munsu
Fri, 06-15-2007, 09:08 PM
Looking at a recent thread made me think that it was time to create this one. The summer season list looks small as expected, but it looks fairly, especially with the awaited Devil May Cry finally starting and Shigurui. Just as Devil May Cry, some series have already started.

You can check this link to see some of the coming series this summer:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=246162

Here are the ones I'm looking forward to:

Wangan Midnight: Seems like it already started and it looks like an Initial D type of show.
Devil May Cry
Zombie Loan
School Days
Mushiuta
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Second Season
Zero no Tsukaima~Futazuki no Kishi~
Shigurui: Prepare for gore, violence, and sword action.
BACCANO!
Kenko Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho
Code-E
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan 2nd
Karas (4th Episode)

masamuneehs
Fri, 06-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Zombie Loan looks pretty cool, and of oourse KARAS is always an orgasm for the eyeballs...

Mushi-Uta character design and Baccano's website are enough to pique my interest. Also, doesn't Code Geass resume some time this summer? Never was a big fan of the Devil May Cry games (blasphemy, you cry, but that's where I stand), so I doubt I'll be on that wagon... Alot of my anime viewing will revolve around whether or not I get a job...

Ryllharu
Fri, 06-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Right now, I can only say I'm looking forward to Zombie Loan and Zero no Tsukaima ~Futazuki no Kishi~ off that list.

Zombie Loan because I'm a sucker for Peach-Pit series (even if the DearS anime wasn't good), and ZnT season 2 should be an obvious choice. I've heard some interesting things about School Days, so that might be worth a look as well.

Yukimura
Fri, 06-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Devil May Cry, is looking formulaic so far (1 ep) but I think it will deliver well on that fomula.

Zero 2 is obviously going to be interesting, but will they be able to maintain a real plot while keeping the comedic aspect intact.

Dokuro-chan, because when has watching a young girl murder an innocent young man repeatedly with a spiked bat ever been a bad thing.

Shuigurui, there's a guy with a sword and it translates to Death Addict, I'll watch the first ep.

Zombie Loan: there's an angsty teen with a sword, a cute little girl with long pig tails and glasses, and a metrosexual I'll watch the first two eps.

School Days, visuals look good, high school girls, gotta give it a shot.

Everything else, I"ll let other people try out.

animus
Fri, 06-15-2007, 10:37 PM
School Days is also the title of an H-game as well isn't it?

Munsu
Fri, 06-15-2007, 11:09 PM
It's based on an H-Game... and apparently one of the storylines was very violent, which I think people are hoping the anime would take.

RyougaZell
Sat, 06-16-2007, 12:50 AM
This are the series I'll follow this summer:

School Days - Definitely
Zombie Loan - Probably (must see ep1 first)
Mushiuta - Definitely
Sky Girls - Probably (must see ep1 first)
Sayonara! Zetsubou Sensei - Probably (must see ep1 first)
Moetan - Probably (must see ep1 first)
Nanatsuiro Drops - Probably (must see ep1 first)
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan - Definitely
Code Geass Stage 24 & 25 - Must I confirm it?

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-18-2007, 07:23 AM
Here's a list with a short description of each series:

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007/06/18/summer-2007-preview/

I might add Moetan to my list of series. It's hard to avoid a series with Yukari Tamura.
Maybe Baccano as well, now that I've got a better feel for what it's about.

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Moetan... don't really know what to expect from a engrish-dictionary-series-with-terrible-engrish

Will have to check at least one episode to see if it will be worth to see.

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-18-2007, 01:17 PM
I'll admit, I'm a big fan of engrish, unless it is in a song. The only thing I like more is the horrible stereotyping of Americans as loud, drunk, heavily tanned, and violent. Both hilarious.

Crash
Mon, 06-18-2007, 10:38 PM
I just watched the First ep of DMC. It's certainly not follwing storylines from any of the games, and i can't really tell if it falls somewhere inbetween them or before them. If you are looking for some straight up action anime then this looks pretty promising. I was a little dissapointed at the way they portray Dante though. In the games he always comes off as this super cocky wild child fueled by girls, violence, and rock. In the anime it seems like they're making him more of the laid back silent type. Anyway the first ep was decent, and the subs didn't make me want to stab my eyes out or anything so if you're looking for something with plenty of ass kicking i'd recommend giving it a shot.

complich8
Mon, 06-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Angsty dmc2 dante? LOSE! :p

Koyuki
Tue, 06-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Series I'll download for the summer.

Tetsuko no Tabi - I'll check it out. It could be fun
Buzzer Beater - Gotta check it out. I watched the first series and I liked it.
School Days - I'm kinda bored with all the school animes, but if it's anything like Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I'll definetly watch it.
Zombie-Loan - Hmm, zombie anime? Haven't seen it before so I'll have to check it out.
Mushi-Uta - Well I liked Mushihi. I'll get the 1st ep.
Sky Girls - Girls in the sky? Instant win :P
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Suicidal teacher :)
Shigurui - Maybe, I've seen alot of Samurai animes latelty, and they were disappointing.
Baccano! - Alchemy :) and it takes place in USA 1930.
Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho S2 - The fighting in season one was pretty good. Just hope they got a better script.
Devil May Cry - I liked the games so I'll have to try it.

YaGaMi
Sat, 07-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Devil May Cry and Shigurui are the only ones that I'm looking forward to downloading this season.

Munsu
Sat, 07-07-2007, 09:06 PM
I saw the raw of the first episode for Shigurui... seemed like it's a bit censored, but still pretty gruesome, and the atmosphere is very tense... it's going to be great.

Idealistic
Mon, 07-09-2007, 02:17 AM
I saw the raw of the first episode for Shigurui... seemed like it's a bit censored, but still pretty gruesome, and the atmosphere is very tense... it's going to be great.

Finally, a serious looking anime that involves around sword fighting. Looks very interesting, can't wait for the subbed version if there is going to be one.

Board of Command
Mon, 07-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Code-E = Code Geass 2nd season...?

Munsu
Mon, 07-09-2007, 09:46 PM
No, it's not.