PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 358

RyougaZell
Fri, 06-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Warning. The following are spoiler pics.

Pic 1 (http://photo6.hexun.com/p/2007/0615/104471/b_08D7F8FDF31C57B2617724362639FA08.jpg)
Pic 2 (http://photo6.hexun.com/p/2007/0615/104471/b_81524597EC82E5D91B8280A7150050D6.jpg)
Pic 3 (http://photo6.hexun.com/p/2007/0615/104471/b_B4E70B7733F9DFCE88B1CBBFFBE42858.jpg)
Pic 4 (http://photo6.hexun.com/p/2007/0615/104471/b_55DC518B3945DD63E2D1998B53DA9ECC.jpg)
Pic 5 (http://photo6.hexun.com/p/2007/0615/104471/b_BB70A71BB97C5F0A60551402BAABD37D.jpg)

Scanlation by BS

Naruto 358

DDL (http://rs15.rapidshare.com/files/37405498/Naruto_358__BS_.zip)

Online Viewing (http://anip.homeunix.com:81/onlinereading/?path=Naruto/Naruto%20vol%20%20%20036-%20040/Naruto_v38/)

Assertn
Fri, 06-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Damn.....Sasuke lost a wing?

12345p
Fri, 06-15-2007, 11:44 AM
sure looks that way

budak getah
Fri, 06-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Scanlation by BS

Naruto 358

DDL (http://rs15.rapidshare.com/files/37405498/Naruto_358__BS_.zip)

Online Viewing (http://anip.homeunix.com:81/onlinereading/?path=Naruto/Naruto%20vol%20%20%20036-%20040/Naruto_v38/)

Knives122
Fri, 06-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Deidara is such a sorry excuse for a ninja, here's hoping he goes away and never comes back next week.

fahoumh
Fri, 06-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Deidara is such a sorry excuse for a ninja, here's hoping he goes away and never comes back next week.

Agreed....hopefully we'll get to see Saskue finally take care of Deidara.

Pretty intense chapter, although I wish we got to see more of Tobi's abilities.

RyougaZell
Fri, 06-15-2007, 03:00 PM
I sense a future Terra-post flaming Deidara-haters, hehehe.

Great chapter indeed. Liked the fact that Sasuke's wings aren't a perfect defense, seeing one was ripped.

February
Fri, 06-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Great chapter indeed. Liked the fact that Sasuke's wings aren't a perfect defense, seeing one was ripped.

the question is that will he show that he lost a wing next time he transforms?

and also, this might be a stupid theory, but maybe deidara might himself have build his body into the final bomb? as a last resort i guess

i wish the naruto team would meet sasuke after the fight

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 06-15-2007, 04:13 PM
I can see that happening already. Deidara making himself into a giant bomb. And Sasuke still kicks ass = )

Idealistic
Fri, 06-15-2007, 04:18 PM
I agree... Deidara isn't anywhere near interesting when it comes to ninjas. Why are there so many mutant-like ninjas? I hope Zero isn't no mutant-like ninja and that he is just a really good ninja.

As far as the chapter goes, I hope Deidara dies next chapter. His bombs are dumb and annoying.

And yeah, I bet Deidara will turn himself into a bomb. Sasuke won't see it coming as he moves in for the final blow. Then Kishi will try to make everyone think Sasuke died or got injured during the explosion and we find out 10 chapters later he got away safe and sound ready for his next target.

uhicha neji
Fri, 06-15-2007, 04:29 PM
What is with Tobi? He's just standing their watching his master get owned? I mean he's yet to do anything in the manga and judging by the way he speaks and what we've seen of him in the manga he doesn't really seem to tough... how did he get into Akatsuki......:confused:

Assertn
Fri, 06-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Wait...so like, Sasuke's shurikens somehow approached Deidara from behind while Deidara was facing Sasuke, then ended up hitting him later when the wing got chopped off? Are we led to believe that these are magic shurikens?

BananaFob
Fri, 06-15-2007, 05:25 PM
I didn't really like this chapter because it's hard to see what's happening; can't wait to see this animated (so it makes a lot more sense).

Anyway, at Deidara's self-destruction, I hope Kishimoto doesn't resort to something like that. First, Sasori turns his own body into a puppet, and then Orochimaru turns himself into a snake...it would be very uncreative if he was resorted to that.

elmojo
Fri, 06-15-2007, 05:54 PM
diedara is lame, and im so glad he got owned its so great to see everyone share the same opinion

and i think tobi is going to run away haha

Konohamaru
Fri, 06-15-2007, 06:10 PM
I think Deidara might do something with his artificial arm. The shurikens hit that part, he could simply rip them off since they're not his real arm. Not sure about his other arm though. Tobi's gonna run away crying or something, lol. I rather he not and he step up his game against Sasuke and got serious.

Genma
Fri, 06-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Pretty interesting way that Sasuke managed to take down Deidara. The battle probably isn't over just yet, though; Kishi has brought up Deidara as a character for a while now, so killing him over one chapter is not likely. I still hope Sasuke manages to kill him, though, and gives Tobi time to escape.

Like most people, I'm not a huge fan of Deidara. The whole C2/C4 clay explosives is kind of cool, but the character itself doesn't interest me much. (Sorry in advance to Terra.)

I also had some trouble reading this chapter as well. Fast-paced battle and action sequences are hard to capture in manga... so hopefully the anime won't butcher it and it'll turn into the next Lee vs Gaara fight. Highly unlikely, as the Naruto anime team has sloped downhill since then, but I can hope.

Anyway, pretty good chapter.

Assertn
Fri, 06-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Sasuke won't kill Deidara because he plans to use him to find Itachi.

JaySee
Fri, 06-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Wait...so like, Sasuke's shurikens somehow approached Deidara from behind while Deidara was facing Sasuke, then ended up hitting him later when the wing got chopped off? Are we led to believe that these are magic shurikens?
Probably real or chakra strings.

Sasuke won't kill Deidara because he plans to use him to find Itachi.
He could always just capture Tobi. It'd be more fun to watch him interrogate Tobi with his witty comebacks than read Deidara saying mmmm a million times.

rockmanj
Fri, 06-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Even though i still think sasuke is an emo fruitcake...the boy can fight well....ill give him that, and only that (i especially liked the magic shuriken).

KCMmmmm
Sat, 06-16-2007, 12:26 AM
I didn't really like this chapter because it's hard to see what's happening; can't wait to see this animated (so it makes a lot more sense).

It wasn't nearly as bad as trying to understand Kakuzu's attacks in the manga. That chapter was impossible to understand what was going on, action-wise.

I, too, wondered why Sasuke's shuriken came back around. I came up with two possibilities. Maybe he used the shadow shuriken jutsu (from the Zabuza arc), or maybe he used them in a boomerang manner. In any case, landing on the purposefully-thrown sword was very cool. Sasuke is still a badass....but I'll always prefer his non-cursed seal style.

elmojo
Sat, 06-16-2007, 01:24 AM
i think its just great how sasuke's fights are more strategized than our main protagonist, but yet is action filled and hard to interpret through the manga, he still maintains that wit and hit , it was not a one shot deal but at the same time it seems that akatsuki put my expectations too high for a survival rate of a member that it would be a shame to see more akatsuki members die in a quick way, i was pretty shocked to see orichimaru die like that especially since orichimaru has been the 3rd's prized student and a sannin, he's beaten the 3rd and propably can beat tsunade

its hard to see a fight between naruto and sasuke right now that would make naruto the victor, and it doesnt make sense that akatsuki are taking the matter lightly by just sending deidara and tobi instead of making sasuke's death a priority

Raven
Sat, 06-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Sasuke isn't part of their objective, I guess. Killing him has nothing to do with their plans so why would they track him down? He might be a threat further down the track but there's no reason for them to go and find him.

Sasuke is awesome. Reading this battle reminded me of the old days when they were all Gennin and Sasuke was so ahead of everyone, specifically the Zabuza arc.

fahoumh
Sat, 06-16-2007, 09:42 AM
its hard to see a fight between naruto and sasuke right now that would make naruto the victor
I had the exact same discussion with my cousin yesterday and he asked me who would win if they went head to head in the manga now. Of course I said Sasuke since he keeps proving he's a better ninja. Although, Naruto is easily the most persistent and tenacious character in the series...plus he has the Nine-Tail's chakra in addition to his own. Naturally, being the Naruto (character) fanboy he is, he disagreed. But my cousin doesn't read the manga...

RyougaZell
Sat, 06-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Sasuke isn't part of their objective, I guess. Killing him has nothing to do with their plans so why would they track him down? He might be a threat further down the track but there's no reason for them to go and find him.

Sasuke is awesome. Reading this battle reminded me of the old days when they were all Gennin and Sasuke was so ahead of everyone, specifically the Zabuza arc.

Deidara wanted to be the one to kill Orochimaru, and since Sasuke went ahead of him, Deidara wants to kill the one that killed him.

Imagine someone killed Itachi before Sasuke... Sasuke would most likely go mad and track down whoever killed Itachi before him.

Carnage
Sat, 06-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Good chapter, I can't wait to see what tobi's next move is.

Im hoping Sasuke finds a way to regenerate that wing :( .

uhicha neji
Sat, 06-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Deidara wanted to be the one to kill Orochimaru, and since Sasuke went ahead of him, Deidara wants to kill the one that killed him.

Imagine someone killed Itachi before Sasuke... Sasuke would most likely go mad and track down whoever killed Itachi before him.

Any idea as to why Deidara wanted to kill Oro so badly?

boilerph
Sat, 06-16-2007, 12:13 PM

I'm sure he belittled his art...a lot.

Honestly, i think this fight is going to go the exact opposite way for one or more of three reasons:
1. Sasuke seems to be ignoring Tobi. Tobi demeanor makes it seem that he's weak but we know he's not (Beat 3-tails in one-hit).
2. If Deidara can't control his own chakra enough to shut down his land mines then he shouldn't be in Akatsuki.
3. I don't think that's Deidara's real body. I think it's a very realistic clay double. How else would he be able to lose an arm and never show any pain.

I think Sasuke is going to get whipped and Itachi will show up and prevent Deidara from killing him.

Also, I thought the point of Chidori was to use high-speed and a thrusting motion to make an attack that can penetrate any defense. Sasuke seems to have turned it into a fairly unimpressive lightning spear of sorts. I'm sure they'll say it has the same penetrating power but that just seems dumb.

KCMmmmm
Sat, 06-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Also, I thought the point of Chidori was to use high-speed and a thrusting motion to make an attack that can penetrate any defense. Sasuke seems to have turned it into a fairly unimpressive lightning spear of sorts. I'm sure they'll say it has the same penetrating power but that just seems dumb.

Well, it seems as if Sasuke has mastered the ability to control spatial and elemental chakra at the same time, putting him on an even footing with Naruto's new jutsu. Actually, he's better, since he seems much more consistent with the end result. Poor Naruto, he's always behind.

uhicha neji
Sat, 06-16-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm sure he belittled his art...a lot.

Honestly, i think this fight is going to go the exact opposite way for one or more of three reasons:
1. Sasuke seems to be ignoring Tobi. Tobi demeanor makes it seem that he's weak but we know he's not (Beat 3-tails in one-hit).
2. If Deidara can't control his own chakra enough to shut down his land mines then he shouldn't be in Akatsuki.
3. I don't think that's Deidara's real body. I think it's a very realistic clay double. How else would he be able to lose an arm and never show any pain.

I think Sasuke is going to get whipped and Itachi will show up and prevent Deidara from killing him.

Wasn't it Deidara's clay fish the thing that took out the 3 tails? All I remember from that chapter was seeing Tobi run like a bitch.

Mkadoza
Sat, 06-16-2007, 03:58 PM
The attack was a return of the Sharingan controlled windmill blade, only this time with those oversized shuriken. If you look closely on page 13, you can clearly see wires attached to the two blades. And on pages 12 and 17, you can Sasuke making hand movements to control the wire. You also see he controls the wire with the same hand he used his Chidori with, probably to distract Deidara from noticing he was controlling the shuriken. He also used the first shuriken attack to make Deidara move underneath his sword, in range for his slash. He then used to second shuriken to attach Deidara to his own nuke. (I thought it was funny that the mouth on Deidara's right hand began to cough up blood after it was hit.)

That said I think Tobi will save the day, seeing as he's appearently invulnurable, at least to Sasuke's attack, and that he's earth natured, seeing as he used that submersion technique. Then I think the battle will shift to a Sasuke v. Tobi one-on-one, where Tobi is about to reveal a secret about himself, until Sasuke is interupted by one or both of Sakura or Karin. Catfight!!

bagandscalpel
Sun, 06-17-2007, 01:11 AM
Probably having spent enough time paired up with Sasori that some of his feelings for Oro have rubbed off onto Deidara?

elmojo
Sun, 06-17-2007, 06:47 AM
tobi could have possibly grabbed diedara and submerged him before the mines exploded

KCMmmmm
Sun, 06-17-2007, 08:43 PM
tobi could have possibly grabbed diedara and submerged him before the mines exploded

Well, he might not have been able to, since he was nailed to the dragon by the shuriken. Maybe they'll just show the dust clearing, and show Deidara still standing, in the same style of DBZ. Then he'll say something like, "I can't mess around with this guy. Mmmm."

elmojo
Mon, 06-18-2007, 12:28 AM
Probably having spent enough time paired up with Sasori that some of his feelings for Oro have rubbed off onto Deidara?
oro left akatsuki
diedera was his replacement
it would make sense that he would want to kill him just to prove that he earned his spot its the akatsuki waaay!

Assertn
Mon, 06-18-2007, 11:13 AM
That would've been a good assessment, except back when Oro was part of the group, there were 10 of them. Back when Jiraiya first revealed them and in the beginning of shippuuden there were 9.

So in order for Deidara to be Oro's replacement, they wouldve had to lose another akatsuki member shortly after.

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Fucking Deidara-haters :( POP IS DEAD!

I don't hope he dies already.. akatsuki are getting owned like flies :O

KCMmmmm
Mon, 06-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Fucking Deidara-haters :( POP IS DEAD!

I don't hope he dies already.. akatsuki are getting owned like flies :O

True, they are, but think of it this way: Deidara has had the most screen time of all Akatsuki (besides the ex-Akatsuki Orochimaru). (Well....maybe Itachi has more, but he's a much more important villain.) If anyone is going to be killed, it will be Deidara - if only in order to introduce more villains and move the story onward. Not to sound like a Deidara hater, I like his trademark "mmmm" after every sentence, and he has a cool, laid back personality. But, I still think he's going down soon.

On the other hand, the preview for the next chapter is "The Artists Grand Finale"....and those titles are usually a bit deceiving....

Terracosmo
Tue, 06-19-2007, 05:48 AM
LOL last night I dreamt that Deidara survived and Tobi, Sasuke & Deidara became friends and started a talkshow together. :(

boilerph
Tue, 06-19-2007, 02:36 PM
LOL last night I dreamt that Deidara survived and Tobi, Sasuke & Deidara became friends and started a talkshow together. :(

That would be an interesting show. I would have to say Deidara would be the host with Saasuke as the uptight serious guy who gets the unintentional laughs and Tobi would be the band leader interjecting one-liners.

itadakimasu
Tue, 06-19-2007, 03:55 PM
deidara is going to die... thats all there is to it.

and now my memory is failing and i cant think of where the rest of sasukes group went off to...

KCMmmmm
Wed, 06-20-2007, 03:32 AM

Isn't this a sign of obsession in need of therapy? Well....when I was playing Final Fantasy VII a lot, I started having crazy dreams about that group doing all sorts of goofy stuff.

And yeah, I just remembered a few nights ago about all of the Konoha ninja who were sent out.....and it appears the only one from group 8 who will see any action is Hinata. What is the point of reintroducing the team, if they aren't going to give them some serious purpose? I can think of two reasons: 1. Hinata will play a crucial role in the upcoming episodes, or 2. the other team members will show up soon and participate.

Assertn
Thu, 06-21-2007, 11:11 AM
You don't think they're going to do anything this entire arc? Oh please.....both good and bad guys are scattered right now, it's easy for many small confrontations to come up.

We'll probably see something between Sakura and Karin soon.