PDA

View Full Version : Quick rule question?

DarthEnderX
Wed, 06-13-2007, 03:44 AM
Does an episode count as subbed if the raw and a subtitle file are released, or only after an embedded subtitles version is released?

I ask because Vegapunk regularly releases the sub file several days before their embedded versions. And I usually watch those.

And I usually wanna discuss the episode after I watch it.

Kraco
Wed, 06-13-2007, 06:15 AM
What if you are the only person who watches with a separate subtitle file? In that case you couldn't discuss it even if rules allowed.

Well, I don't know what's the actual case, but I always wait for the integral subs. Feels more like a proper release that way, and looks better in archives (generally speaking).

itadakimasu
Wed, 06-13-2007, 10:38 AM
you could always sendspace the sub file and post a link before actual discussion ;)

DarthEnderX
Wed, 06-13-2007, 01:49 PM
I dont know what that means. That thing you just said.

Jadugar
Wed, 06-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Does an episode count as subbed if the raw and a subtitle file are released, or only after an embedded subtitles version is released?

Technically yes, you can call it a subbed versioon but personally I prefer hard subs just like Kraco.

I ask because Vegapunk regularly releases the sub file several days before their embedded versions. And I usually watch those.

And I usually wanna discuss the episode after I watch it.

God bless Vegapunk for all their hard work.

There is hardly any discussion even when the final version is out so it wouldnt change much. What happened to all OP fans here?

As for rule about making threads when the RAW and subs files are availble, I would say its a no go situation.

You hang aroung on Alrong Park a lot, what do they usaully do?

Deblas
Wed, 06-13-2007, 11:37 PM
There is hardly any discussion even when the final version is out so it wouldnt change much. What happened to all OP fans here?

They got eaten...

As for rule about making threads when the RAW and subs files are availble, I would say its a no go situation.

You hang aroung on Alrong Park a lot, what do they usaully do?

Arlongpark has a subforum for Vegapunk releases. I guess you could try making threads with Vegapunk sub file but thing is, people at AP are actually active. Just talk about it in AP I guess.

*Disappears*

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-16-2007, 03:37 PM
I don't go to AP anymore. Sure, there's alot of people "active" but nobody actually talks about the episode. Every release thread is 50 posts of people ranging from "Thanks Vegapunk!" to "Put your babybatter in me Vegapunk!!"

Plus there's spoilers EVERYWHERE. People have sigs with manga spoilers in them for christsakes.

The only reason I want to make a post when the sub file comes out is because it's what I watch(I never really cared wether or not attack names moved or if there was kareoke), and I just like to post my thoughts right after seeing the episode while it's fresh in my mind.

I don't even mind if nobody responds for a couple days till the embedded file is out. It's not as if my comments are going to expire.