PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 357

RyougaZell
Fri, 06-08-2007, 11:18 AM
LQ Raw (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=0D69E89C2B8628D4)

Naruto 357 LQ Raw

Assertn
Fri, 06-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Seems like a pretty dope chapter.

So Tobi can withstand a slash straight through the abdomen it seems?

toonice714
Fri, 06-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Sasuke has chidori shuriken now? Eventhough i hate sasuke I have to admit he looked real fxckin cool this chapter.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 06-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Chapter 357 scanlation (http://www.bsmanga.com/download.php?file=43)

Idealistic
Fri, 06-08-2007, 02:59 PM
wow... oro sounds like venom now... taking over other people's body... lol.. Kabuto is going to go emo now.

interesting chapter though... and what's Tobi's special ability? regeneration or something? that slash from Sasuke didn't seem to hurt him at all... and god his humorous personality is hilarious... LOL@his comments towards deidara.

can't wait for next chapter!

RyougaZell
Fri, 06-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Translation made the chapter more enjoyable.
Tobi owns. That is for sure.
The way he cried for Deidara's 'death' was awesome. And then he was just like "oh... you're alive..." LOL

So in a way it ain't Orochimaru... but it isn't Kabuto any longer... integrated parts of his body into his... oh heck... sick bastard...

Konohamaru
Fri, 06-08-2007, 03:44 PM
I think Tobi might be similar to hidan or he might be a ghost in a human shell. He sure is a weird person though, he acts like a idiot. He's funny though. I like him.

Necromas
Fri, 06-08-2007, 03:57 PM
So now, there's 3 groups after Sasuke, Akatsuki, Kabuto + any Orochimaru loyalists, and of course Konoha.

Woo, go Kabuto, I know you'll surpass Orochimaru!

Can't wait to see Tobi in action.

Team Naruto and Kabuto will start ripping apart Sasuke and Akatsuki, until Kabuto is the only main villain left and a new saga begins, or at least that's what I want.

Assertn
Fri, 06-08-2007, 03:58 PM
I think Tobi might be similar to hidan or he might be a ghost in a human shell. He sure is a weird person though, he acts like a idiot. He's funny though. I like him.
Except Hidan can't reconnect his body parts on his own.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 06-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Ahh man Tobi kicks ass. Cut clean through him and nothing. And his reactions just rock.

Knives122
Fri, 06-08-2007, 06:00 PM
So in a way it ain't Orochimaru... but it isn't Kabuto any longer... integrated parts of his body into his... oh heck... sick bastard...

It's like what happened in MGS 2 when Ocelot put Liquids arm on himself. Only difference is Kabuto is trying to control it.(told you he implanted part of Oro's body into himself).

It's gonna be pretty cool to see Sasuke beat that big ass dragon.

chet_chetty
Fri, 06-08-2007, 06:26 PM
I was right there with you Knives ;p Curious though, what or who's mind will be controlling Kabuto's body if/when he is completely taken over.

Looks like it didnt matter to Deidara that all his C-1 bombs would have blown up Tobi with Sasuke and looks like Tobi didnt even have to run away from them.

Sasuke has such good shape control of lighting element chakra it's ridiculous (kunais are useless to him now) and stamina for using it doesnt even seem to be an issue. Good shit not even allowing Deidara the chance to analyze his movement by deflecting the bombs because he could have easily dodged them with his sharingan and speed.

Page 13 bottom right panel, did Sasuke contort Deidara's left arm so that it looked like he had 2 right arms? More sickness. Boo to Deidara "somehow" getting away with the blast's "push" oh well.

Kudos to Sasuke for staying focused on analyzing Deidara's ability while a 50 foot flying explosive dragon is staring him in the face. After Sasuke takes care of the dragon, I think Deidara is going to lose both arms.

I hope Tobi being ready means some teamwork coming up and not just him knowing when to get away from the blast.

fahoumh
Fri, 06-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Ahhh, another cliffhanger....I wish the chapters were longer!

Assertn
Fri, 06-08-2007, 07:34 PM
All the speed-related stuff we've seen sasuke do has been pure taijutsu though. There's no reason why his should be more impressive looking than Gai or Lee's

February
Fri, 06-08-2007, 07:52 PM
This was a great chapter ..so much packed :)

Lets see...I was once again disappointed in Naruto's dumbass for rushing into battle straight forward and Why did he attack Kabuto? Kabuto wasn't even interested in fighting them, and yet Naruto makes another enemy. sigh..
I really like Kabuto now, he has become a really cool character

Sasuke seems like a different character now then he used to be...so much stronger and quieter...and about his taijutsu speed, i guess his speed that Kakashi taught him before his match with Gaara really helped? Tobi seems like a potential powerful character despite his humor

...and I think that Sasuke will be powerful enough to take on the two akatsuki members..

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 06-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Dammit, Good chapter, wish it was a tad bit longer though, I really really want to see tobi do something. I'm sure there's something surprising under his goofy veneer I mean he did earn his way in the akatsuki so there's got to be something he's capable of doing.

Maybe we'll see next week. Really curious to see what Diedara's dragon is going to do.

Berlis
Fri, 06-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Looks like hes made of metal, or something. At least in part.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7105/narutoch280p19sq3.th.png (http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=narutoch280p19sq3.png)

Chap 280 page 19.

kAi
Fri, 06-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Well, it seems we'll be coming back to Kabuto/Orochimaru after some more Akatsuki fights, as he wants to be 100% when he takes on Naruto.

Tobi just keeps getting better, makes you laugh, it will be nice to see his ability and when he finally gets serious.

and that picture Berlis, the best part is when he drops the ring, heh and it could just be some thing attached to the clothes, not necesarily metal

KCMmmmm
Sat, 06-09-2007, 12:48 AM
That was a good chapter following last week's good, but head-scratching one. Tobi proves not only to be a funny slacker, but also shows some skill. Maybe there's more to him than we thought? I'm interested in seeing how he survived Sasuke's lethal slash (even Sasuke seemed surprised to see him stand up afterward).

The dragon looks very cool on a double page panel, by the way....looks like a killer chapter is in the near future. Finally, although they corrected the confusion as to how Kabuto "integrated" Orochimaru, that part of the chapter seemed a bit boring....or maybe it was only because I was looking forward to the first fight in months.

Kensee
Sat, 06-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Tobi made this chapter for me. His reactions just were golden and yeah, I bet he's one hell of a fighter too.

Interesting chapter so far, can't wait for more.

Assertn
Sat, 06-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Well, it seems we'll be coming back to Kabuto/Orochimaru after some more Akatsuki fights, as he wants to be 100% when he takes on Naruto.
For the sake of simplification, I propose Kabuto/Orochimaru be referred to as Kabutoro

mage
Sat, 06-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Looks like hes made of metal, or something. At least in part.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7105/narutoch280p19sq3.th.png (http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=narutoch280p19sq3.png)

Chap 280 page 19.
Looks like Tobi's body, or a portion of it, could have been made by Sasori. Now, who in the story would need the whole left side of his body rebuilt?

Yukimura
Sat, 06-09-2007, 05:53 PM
@Q-BeRt I don't know, but I can think of someone who might have needed the right side of their body rebuilt...

Okay I am very curious as to how is Tobi completely fine after that, I doubt Sasuke made a mistake so we can assume he gave Tobi what would have been a fatal blow in a normal person.

Also can anyone make a rough translation of what Tobi called Sasuke's jutsu, Shunshin jutsu I think he said.

mage
Sat, 06-09-2007, 06:09 PM
@Q-BeRt I don't know, but I can think of someone who might have needed the right side of their body rebuilt...

Oh, you're right. Could've sworn it was his left side.

Also can anyone make a rough translation of what Tobi called Sasuke's jutsu, Shunshin jutsu I think he said.
A quick google shows "Body Flicker Technique." I think it's the same thing they use to teleport away quickly with a puff of smoke.

Raven
Sat, 06-09-2007, 08:05 PM
For the sake of simplification, I propose Kabuto/Orochimaru be referred to as Kabutoro
What about Orochibuto?

mage
Sat, 06-09-2007, 08:19 PM
What about Orochibuto?
That one will be good once Oro takes over more than 50% of his body :)

So was anyone else annoyed at Hinata? She didn't do shit but stand there when Naruto and Yamato tried to capture Kabuto.

animus
Sat, 06-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Oh, you're right. Could've sworn it was his left side.

A quick google shows "Body Flicker Technique." I think it's the same thing they use to teleport away quickly with a puff of smoke.

Isn't the body flicker, Yondaime's patented technique?

mage
Sat, 06-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Yondaime's is called Hiraishin Jutsu.

RyougaZell
Sat, 06-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Isn't the body flicker, Yondaime's patented technique?

Yondaime's trademark jutsu was Hiraishin no Jutsu.

Shunshin no Jutsu is a common tech.

KCMmmmm
Sat, 06-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Speaking of the Hiraishin no Jutsu, doesn't it seem like a technique Naruto is destined to learn? So far, he's shown clear signs of needing to increase his speed, and he's already following in the footsteps of the Fourth Hokage....

Yukimura, I'm not sure the right side of his body could have been made by Sasori anyway....if it was a puppet, then I'm sure it would cease to function once Sasori had died....unless Tobi is a puppeteer himself, of course. But still, that was interesting insight. Wonder if it was his outfit, or his body....?

February
Sat, 06-09-2007, 10:49 PM
I hope that they go through and throughly explain how he can survive after being sliced...I know that they are Akatsuki members and S+ criminals and all but still...I was disappointed when they didnt bother explaining how Hidan could live after his head got cut off

....and since everyone is trying to make a new name, how about Orobuto? It sounds alot shorter =)

Terracosmo
Sat, 06-09-2007, 10:51 PM
The Deidara x Tobi team is the best thing to have happened to Naruto since Shippuuden started :D

KCMmmmm
Sun, 06-10-2007, 11:01 PM
I hope that they go through and throughly explain how he can survive after being sliced...I know that they are Akatsuki members and S+ criminals and all but still...I was disappointed when they didnt bother explaining how Hidan could live after his head got cut off

That pissed me off too. Kakuzu's apparent immortality was explained by his ability to take the hearts of his victims as his own. However, HIdan's immortality remains a mystery....long after he's been disposed of (rather than properly killed). So....what the hell? Does this mean he will be coming back....I doubt it; even the Akatsuki leader believes him dead. Guess we'll never find out. And that makes you wonder what else Kishimoto won't ever clariy.

Assertn
Mon, 06-11-2007, 05:02 PM
That pissed me off too. Kakuzu's apparent immortality was explained by his ability to take the hearts of his victims as his own. However, HIdan's immortality remains a mystery....long after he's been disposed of (rather than properly killed). So....what the hell? Does this mean he will be coming back....I doubt it; even the Akatsuki leader believes him dead. Guess we'll never find out. And that makes you wonder what else Kishimoto won't ever clariy.
Maybe its just an ability inherited by followers of Jasshin...

BananaFob
Mon, 06-11-2007, 08:38 PM
I was thinking that similar to the Darker Than Black anime, Hidan could live forever/perform his jutsus as long as he prays to Jasshin every so often.

bagandscalpel
Tue, 06-12-2007, 01:31 AM
Maybe its just an ability inherited by followers of Jasshin...

I was thinking that similar to the Darker Than Black anime, Hidan could live forever/perform his jutsus as long as he prays to Jasshin every so often.
Alas, if only real-world religions offered such an incentive.

I'm starting to think that the physical size of Deidara's clay models don't determine the destructive power of the blast, seeing how this C2 dragon seems about the same mass as the C4 nuke he dropped some time back.

chet_chetty
Wed, 06-13-2007, 11:50 AM
For the record, I dont think Deidara's blast pushed him away from the explosion. I think Sasuke saved Deidara from his own bombs.

Deidara couldnt react fast enough to stop himself from detonating the bombs but Sasuke was fast enough to push Deidara away from the blast without hurting himself.

Idealistic
Wed, 06-13-2007, 12:53 PM
For the record, I dont think Deidara's blast pushed him away from the explosion. I think Sasuke saved Deidara from his own bombs.

Deidara couldnt react fast enough to stop himself from detonating the bombs but Sasuke was fast enough to push Deidara away from the blast without hurting himself.

I was about to say, save him for what? But then I realized Sasuke wants info on Itachi. My guess is after he gets the info on Itachi, he'll kill them off knowing that he can easily do it.

Assertn
Wed, 06-13-2007, 01:48 PM
I dunno...I'm sure Deidara is familiar enough with explosions to know whether it was that or Sasuke that saved him. Besides, Sasuke only needs one of them alive, and he can probably tell that Tobi is easy to push around.

chet_chetty
Wed, 06-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Exactly. Except I have a strong feeling Tobi will have his life after this encounter while Deidara wont.