PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Knocked Up

SamuraiOdin
Sat, 06-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Just came back from seeing this movie, and I've gotta say "Wow." I thought the movie was amazing. For those of you that haven't heard of it, it came out this weekend. It stars Seth Rogan (from 40 Year Old Virgin, the "You know how I know you're gay?" guy) and Katherine Heigl (female "lead" from The Ringer). It's all about a couple that hooks up via a random one night stand, which ends with Heigl getting "Knocked Up" (hence the title). The supporting cast (mainly Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann) do a fantastic job as well. At the start it seems like it will be just another juvenile teen pot-smokin' humor movie, but it turns into so much more.

I HIGHLY recommend this movie to the theater going crowd.

Testarossa Autodrive
Sun, 06-03-2007, 07:43 PM
I don't know. It just doesn't look like something I'd waste eight bucks to go see in theaters. Surely though, when it comes out on video. I know my mom will probably buy it. That way I won't have to pay anything. :)

Genma
Mon, 06-04-2007, 09:22 PM
I never found the 40 Year Old Virgin funny, for some reason, (despite liking Steve Carrell), so if I didn't like that movie... would I really dislike this one?

I can't tell by the previews.

SamuraiOdin
Tue, 06-05-2007, 01:58 PM
I never found the 40 Year Old Virgin funny, for some reason, (despite liking Steve Carrell), so if I didn't like that movie... would I really dislike this one?

I can't tell by the previews.
It's hard to say. While some of the actors are the same, between the two films, they each have a different style of humor. Now, while some of the humor in Knocked Up is drug related, and on a similar level to 40 Year Old Virgin, such as going to see Cirque De Solei on 'shrooms, it isn't all like that, and there (I know this is going to be a very cliche phrase) is something for everyone in this movie... well, those that can get into an R-rated movie at least. I wouldn't recommend it if you're taking small children with you to the theater.

dragonrage
Mon, 06-11-2007, 04:43 AM
Awesome movie. Watched it with friends and we couldn't stop laughing ..... It a really good movie with a somewhat different approach to humor. Also there are hidden messages and touching moment. Its brilliantly hilarious.

Heh, it made the girls i saw it with seriously think about sex and labor...... Their experssions alone was worth the ticket.

XanBcoo
Mon, 06-11-2007, 07:37 AM
I hope this movie ends up with the couple separating bitterly, with the guy struggling to play child support, and the mom being too much of a bimbo to know how to properly raise another human being.

Y'know, like it would be in real life.

rockmanj
Wed, 06-13-2007, 11:33 PM
It was really good, i thought. different thatn 40-year old virgin, and a bit more belivable...well, realistic (which is kinda scary). Bute, overall pretty good film.

Munsu
Thu, 08-30-2007, 03:21 AM
Just watched the movie, I really liked it. The underdog stepping up and getting the chick, that almost always makes for a nice movie. Plus Katherine Heigl is awesome as always.

Raven
Thu, 08-30-2007, 06:31 AM
Great movie, felt very satisfying. It wasn't really what I expected, which was a brainless teen-humor kind of thing.