PDA

View Full Version : Gundam 00!

darkshadow
Sat, 06-02-2007, 08:46 AM
"We begin the armed intervention to all warfare with GUNDAM"
"Rebirth begins through destruction"
Could be a new game, a new movie, but it looks awesome so i'm hoping a new series!:

Trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=69956

:D

Illrenmazou
Sat, 06-02-2007, 10:45 AM
According to the guys in animesuki it's a new series. I hope it wont suck :)

masamuneehs
Sat, 06-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Gundam00 - Official Site (http://www.gundam00.net/) - only has the promo curretly

Known details are:
Setting - 2307 AD ("seireki", Japanese for "anno domini")
Characters - 4 Gundam Meisters, who pilot the mobile weapons.
Factions - Solestal Beings (not real sure on the English name right now), a private militia group whose purpose is to eradicate wars.
Tagline at the end of the commercial - "Rebirth begins through destruction"

Rumors about the series have been going around Japanese message boards for some time, especially after Sunrise registered several Gundam00 domains (http://aeug.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html#8295654496677945446). The proclamation that the setting would neither be in the Universal Century of the original nor the Cosmic Era of Gundam SEED, as stated by Sunrise's Yasuo Miyakawa (http://aeug.blogspot.com/2006_12_01_archive.html#116695548289280041), seems to have been followed through with. Staff members are yet to be confirmed although the most persistent rumor is that the series will be directed by Fullmetal Alchemist's Seiji Mizushima (http://aeug.blogspot.com/2006_08_01_archive.html#115529797508435462).
No SEED. No Fukuda. I am incredibly happy right now.

vejita613
Sat, 06-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Interesting. Nice to see a possible female gundam pilot. Cant wait until it comes out.

animus
Sat, 06-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Ooh, is it gonna be directed by the director of FMA. That'll be interesting. Probably can expect a lot of angsty teenagers like usual. By "solestal beings" it seems like it's going to be the same premise as a lot of the previous series. Gundam X's New Types, Seed's Coordinators, and a couple others as well probably.

Assassin
Sat, 06-02-2007, 04:03 PM
could the "solestal beings" actually be "celestial beings"? the info that masa quoted says they werent sure on the english name.

Psyke
Sat, 06-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Finally a new Gundam series. I've got high hopes for this and hope it delivers.

masamuneehs
Sat, 06-02-2007, 11:22 PM
The series will air at 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays (after Toward the Terra ends in that timeslot) starting in October 2007 on MBS (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=313) and TBS (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=49) network affiliates.
also dug up these rumors

Also mentioned on 2ch (not officially unconfirmed yet):

Series Composition: Yousuke Kuroda (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=515)
Character Design: Kenichi Yoshida (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=1726)
Narration: Tohru Furuya (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=1105)

Neither the director or other supporting staff aside from the creators should be listed. You should really think twice about caving into rumors since this is doing nothing but fueling speculation at this time... Bravo for that one, ANN.
I sincerely hope that the rumor about the Series Composition being done by Kuroda is true. He was heavily involved in writing and doing series composition for Gungrave and also wrote the Scyred manga. I'm hoping he can bring some of the grit back into the Gundam franchise.

Yoshida did the character design and some animation (including the 1st, 2nd and 4th EDs) for Eureka Seven.

Again, alot of rumors flying around, and probably will be for awhile. But hell, I'm psyched. It's been awhile since i've had something to look forward to from the Gundam franchise.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4817/gundam00characterjpgag3.jpg

Aeon
Sun, 06-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Sweet it has a girl as a Gundam pilot so I'm already happy. Hoping she proves to be as awesome as Stella. Though if it showed the characters in the order that it showed the suits then she might have the one with all the rockets which I'm guessing will be the slowest.

Yukimura
Sun, 06-03-2007, 03:21 AM
Err hopefully they can do better than Stella I counted her among the worst because she seemed to have no mental stability, unlike her comrades who managed to be pretty normal outside of combat. That chick from 08th MS Team is my favorite female Gundam pilot.

This looks interesting, it should be nice to see something new from the Gundam franchise, thought that line about the Celestial Beings trying to stop battles reeks of the War against War fought in SEED and Destiny. It was cool in SEED but they took it way to far with God-Kira in Destiny and the taint still hasn't left my mind.

Carnage
Sun, 06-03-2007, 10:36 AM
My god its been 2 years. Im very excited.

Y
Sun, 06-03-2007, 09:14 PM
This looks interesting, it should be nice to see something new from the Gundam franchise, thought that line about the Celestial Beings trying to stop battles reeks of the War against War fought in SEED and Destiny. It was cool in SEED but they took it way to far with God-Kira in Destiny and the taint still hasn't left my mind.

I think "War is bad, let's not fight anymore!" has been the theme of virtually every Gundam show ever made.

vejita613
Sun, 06-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Hmmm not really. The only one that I can think of (besides seed) that had that sort of theme was turn A.

masamuneehs
Sun, 06-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Turn A, yeah... Gundam Wing had it too, in the Endless Waltz movie they try to not kill enemies and nearly end up dead themselves because of it. Takes a cheesy deus ex machina to save them from it too.

SEED and Destiny had it the worst though, since Lacus made it her mission to stop everyone from fighting and their was so much focus on just disarming mechs and not killing the pilots...

I always wanted for their to be a Gundam where the main character goes on the "Let's not kill" kick, disables alot of enemy mechs but they're still alive and can move around a bit (let's say in space). Then the King's ship or the one with the guy's lover or some super important ship is passing through the ravaged enemies and one of the "disabled" enemies just goes BANZAI and suicide runs into it. That'd show 'em.

Illrenmazou
Mon, 06-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Take note of the green gundam's head:
Screencaps (not 56k friendly) (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/EpS_01/Gundamecha/717.jpg)

Monoeyed Gundam :eek:

masamuneehs
Mon, 06-04-2007, 01:08 AM
Take note of the green gundam's head:
Screencaps (not 56k friendly) (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/EpS_01/Gundamecha/717.jpg)

Monoeyed Gundam :eek:

actually, it looks like a third camera lens... or maybe just a shiny forehead dot... You can see the traditional "eyes" in the two previous shots (numbers 6 and 7).

Those screencaps made me notice the "trail" that the eyes leave behind, at least for the blue Gundam... I'm not very keen on that little gimmick...

More interesting to me is the singular, circular engine/thruster on the back of the blue Gundam. Wonder how that's going to work? I'm sorta used to the double thrusters now... Wonder why they'd change it... I hope it's not just a gimmick (which the eye trail/blur certainly is), because that forecasts yet another series that is more concerned with shiny mechs, flashy animation and selling model kits than it is with having a good story and characters...

Zinobi
Mon, 06-04-2007, 02:42 AM
I like the blue one. It looks fast. Fast is good, very good. VROOM! ZOOM!... >.>

animus
Mon, 06-04-2007, 08:02 AM
NOooooo, the chick has glasses. I guess that'll probably kill her personality in the long run. I bet she'll turn out to be that snobby annoying chick that you just can't get to stop lecturing you.

darkshadow
Mon, 06-04-2007, 08:35 AM
lisa from bleach has glasses, and she is badass.

Yukimura
Mon, 06-04-2007, 02:15 PM
The mechs seem to have more simple designs then the SEED universe, probably to emphaaize how this is supposed to be the future inour universe so there probably won't be any changing of the molecular structure of the ion pumps from the cockpit. Also the kid on the bottom row looks like he's ready to try and give Shinn a run for angst captain of the universe.

6Zabuza9
Mon, 06-04-2007, 07:28 PM
the chick would be hotter with out glasses

animus
Mon, 06-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Haha, I just noticed this. On the back of the Blue Gundam, that thing looks like one of those stove thingies that you use to cook and heat with (no idea what the term for it is).

Illrenmazou
Mon, 06-04-2007, 11:15 PM
To me it looks like a giant car subwoofer seen in pimp my ride lol

masamuneehs
Tue, 06-05-2007, 10:24 AM
MS Gundam 00 official press releases

From Sotsu Agency's official website (http://www.sotsu-co.jp/pr/details/070605.html), the press release for Mobile Suit Gundam 00, the 12th Gundam TV series and the first to be broadcast in Hi-Def. The premise is given as follows:

"The setting is Earth 300 years from the present day, in 2307 AD. The series depicts the protagonist, Setsuna F. Seiei, who pilots a mobile suit (Gundam Excia) for a mysterious private militia (Celestial Being), going against a whole world where conflicts never cease and the struggle to eradicate war."

[I]Gundam 00 news
The staff:
Director - Seiji Mizushima
Series Composition - Yousuke Kuroda
Character design - Yun Kouga
Animation character design - Michinori Chiba
Mechanic design - Kunio Okawara, Kanetake Ebikawa, Takayuki Yanase
Mechanic concept design - Hitoshi Fukuchi, Kenji Teraoka
Animation mechanic design - Seiichi Nakatani

The main Gundam seems to be the Gundam Excia.
Not sure where they got the info from on the staff... will look into it

edit - well, this is all over the web as official, so I'm taking it as such. Aside from FMA, I'm not too familair with the director's work in the past, but I'm simply glad it isn't Fukuda.

The Animation mechanic designer is the guy who directed the mecha animation in the Stargazer OVA, which I thought was tolerable modern mech action (crap story and too short though).

The only thing I recognize the Series Composition guy from is Trigun, where he did the script. Apparently he's the head of some new writing studio dedicated to anime and manga writing.

Glad to see Okawara still around. That guy's been designing mecha since the first Gundam series. The two new guys were involved in mecha design for Full Metal Panic! and Zegapain, respectively. I never cared for the mechs in Zegapain, but we'll see what they come up with. From the screenshots, it doesn't look so radical of a departure from the norm.

Perhaps the biggest surprise to me is that Yun Kouga is doing Character Design. From the little, sad, emo boy, many people had speculated that she'd be involved. She's best known from her manga and subsequent anime, Loveless, which follows the homosexual relationship of an older 'guardian' and the grade-school youth that attaches to him. I can feel the yaoi fangirls amassing like the forces of Mordor... Obviously this pick signals even more rampant bishounen, a current trend in Gundam, and androgynous teenage soldiers/pilots. Personally, I'm fine with that, to an extent, but it cheapens the "a child fighting a war is a horrible thing" theme, making it the standard for such dramas, not the exception which it is.

Board of Command
Tue, 06-05-2007, 10:43 AM
the chick would be hotter with out glasses
FO SHO

that thing looks like one of those stove thingies that you use to cook and heat with
Yup that's what people generally use stoves for.

animus
Tue, 06-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Warned. See below.
masa

FO SHO

Yup that's what people generally use stoves for.

XD, I didn't know the name of the thing for those burners on the actual stove. I guess I'll just call them stove burners heh.

vejita613
Tue, 06-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Please do not post one-liners like this that are completely off topic. This thread is to discuss the new Gundam series and Gundam, not cooking. I don't see what this post has to do with either of those, and as such, it's useless. Posting off-topic, contentless posts is against the rules, which I highly suggest you read before posting again.

This is a verbal warning.
masa

You mean like a George Foreman grill?

Harima Kenji
Sat, 06-09-2007, 09:59 AM
I wonder if they'll make these MSs more 'basic' then the ones in other series.
I mean, if the series takes place only 300 years in our future, stuff like beam sabers and laser-guns would be a bit off.. I hope that at least in the beginning the suits have bullets and rockets and stuff and that the strongest MS in the end of the series has a beam saber and a beam cannon.. as some sort of growth in warfare..

masamuneehs
Sat, 06-09-2007, 11:40 AM
The official Gundam00 webpage (http://www.gundam00.net/) has been updated. More staff announcements as well, and Okawara is being listed as the third Mech Designer, indicating a reduced role in coming up with the Gundams.

The storyline looks like it'll revolve around a major natural resource crisis and the beginning of an alternative-energy, solar powered, space elevator thingy that is greedily hogged by three warring factions: The Union (America), The Reform Movement (Commies + India) and the Europeans. ...This sounds alot like the premise of what brought about the Cosmic Era age...

I mean, if the series takes place only 300 years in our future, stuff like beam sabers and laser-guns would be a bit off.. I hope that at least in the beginning the suits have bullets and rockets and stuff and that the strongest MS in the end of the series has a beam saber and a beam cannon.. as some sort of growth in warfare..
as much as I'd love for that to happen, I'd be shocked if they did it that way. Half of Gundam nowadays is selling model kits and sensationalizing the mecha to do so. We saw some absolutely crazy stuff in SEED, sabres on feet (which i think is an awesome idea, btw), the return of 'packages' which when merging with the Gundam give it a different look and capability, and tons and tons of Beam Cannons coming out of everywhere.

They don't give two shits about realism in military technology. Their focus is sales of models and sensationalism.

I think they're just going to have us assume that in 300 years we've managed to develop the technology that in previous Gundam universes had taken who knows how long. Also, if you look at the dates of the timelines, it's quite possible that they take place approximately 300 years into the future (the exceptions being Turn A Gundam and Gundam X).

Universal Century 0079 is only 79 years into the timeline, which Tomino had planned to start "after mankind first moves into space colonies", the first of which was Von Braun, if I remember correctly. Considering our current technology, isn't it conceivable that 200 years from now, we have some permanent living space colonies?

Gundam Wing took place in After Colony 195, making it maybe a bit more in the future (200 years after space colonies) than the U.C. storyline.

SEED's Cosmic Era starts after a fictional event, the Reconstruction War, which was a result of the end of petroleum, environmental degeneration and massive economic collapse of the existing state structure. This "third World War" saw nations merge into blocs and fight for supremacy (yup, awfully similair to the 00 story outline), and at the end the Cosmic Era calendar was started.

I could honestly place the date of this potentially occurring before the year 2150, and since they're only 70 or so years into that timeline, it's also less than 300 years in the future.

This is a very interesting read on the original chronology of Gundam
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Century#Chronology (some spoilers to be found, mostly on the background of the Gundam universe)

Chris_Xion
Sat, 06-09-2007, 02:26 PM
I don't know, on the one hand, this cures my hunger for new Gundam shows, but on the other, everything about the "protagonists" smack of a rehash of Gundam Wing. The information at Gunota even implies that too.

I look forward to the mecha though. Excia looks sleek and menacing. Wonder if the mid-show upgrade would give the main mecha angelic wings or some variation...again.

I'm also curious about Europe's AEU. Hope they enter the war with cool European mecha. This attempt at bridging the gap between Gundam and the real world is looking very interesting indeed

Illrenmazou
Sun, 06-10-2007, 10:56 AM

If you have seen the pic of Excia in MAHQ, you'll notice that it's wielding 2 non-beam melee weapons. It may be a hint that Beam sabers and some beam stuff will not be included in the show since it's the future of our timeline (and I doubt there will be Beam sabers after 300 years).

masamuneehs
Sun, 06-10-2007, 02:49 PM
English Article from Yomiuri Daily on Gundam00 (http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/features/arts/20070609TDY21006.htm)

Very nice stuff, especially the quotes from some Mizushima (director). I like his attitude about "dealing squarely" with the theme of war and that he says he wants to make the series revolve around character interactions. Reading this article really gets me excited that this series will be a radical departure from Fukuda's shit-house antics.

Chris_Xion
Mon, 06-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Don't get your hopes up yet, Masamuneehs. Destiny, for all its faults, managed to portray a war on a grand scale. This one sounds like a Wing/Power Rangers rehash and people even more naive than the TSA who want to "end all wars with just four MS". Oh, and they're just a militia up against two superpowers. Can't say that's realistic at when you take the director's words into consideration. He wants to use the AD calendar to bring more realism, but this doesn't sound like it at all.

Phoebus
Mon, 06-11-2007, 08:35 PM
hmm, a new "Gundam Wing" series ?! with a twist.....

masamuneehs
Tue, 06-12-2007, 01:29 PM
best shot of the new Gundam, Excia, in its entireity that I've found so far:
http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/2007/06/07/h-681_73028_g01.jpg.jpg

vejita613
Tue, 06-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Alot of people say it looks like the strike, but Im more inclined to say it looks alot more like the Impluse. Infact, add on the Force pack on there and I would almost say that it was Impulse.

Illrenmazou
Thu, 06-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Pics Of the Gundams And Pilots (http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/2007/06/14/681,1181819986,73434,0,0.html)

Gundam 00 MS, main characters, merchandising UPDATED AGAIN
Famitsu.com put up coverage of Club EX, where Bandai introduced the main characters and Gundams for Gundam 00 and had some Gunpla (display only for now) to show off.

DengekiOnline.com's coverage goes beyond to also show off merchandising info. The write-up says Gundam 00 will differ from Gundam SEED in that, according to Bandai President Kazunori Ueno, the 4 main characters will appeal not only to female fans gained with the previous Gundam, but to male fans who prefer harsh outlooks of the world.

Also revealed: The Union seems to encompass both North and South America plus Japan while the AEU is also in control of Africa.

GN-001 Gundam Exia
Head height: 18.3m
Base weight: 57.2 tons
Screen details: "Because of the GN particles eminating from the GN Drive within the unit, it has astounding mobility and near infinite energy. Compared to currently-in-use MS, it introduces a great deal of high technology."
Addition info from Dengeki's write-up: "A close-combat, high-mobility MS equipped with 7 blades." "The GN particles eminated into the air cause radio wave interference and disrupt ordinary radar and communications."

Setsuna F. Seiei
16-years-old
Screen details: "Fated boy soldier born & raised in the war-torn Middle East's Kurdis Republic. A cool kid who hates getting close to others and keeps his feelings inside."

GN-002 Gundam Dynames
Head height: 18.2m
Base weight: 59.1 tons
Screen details: "Same as the other Gundams, equipped with a GN Drive. It's emphasis is gun warfare. Has many guns suitable for missions and a GN Sniper Rifle as standard equipment."
Addition info from Dengeki's write-up: "When it carries out precision shooting, the head transforms into Sniper Mode with a concealed camera eye appearing. During that time, a rifle-style controller is used."

Lockon Stratos
24-years-old
Screen details: "Decided to join Celestial Being after losing his parents because of terrorism. The eldest pilot and team leader."

GN-003 Gundam Kyrios
Head height: 18.9m
Base weight: 54.8 tons
Screen details: "Variable unit that can transform into a flight form. In its flight form, it has a rear arms container and can deal with every mission with versatility."
Addition info from Dengeki's write-up: "While it excels at hit-and-run attacks in its flight form, even in its MS form it has offensive capabilities to match other Gundams."

Allelujah Paptism
19-years-old
Screen details: "Spent his childhood as an orphan in the People's Reform League. Usually gentle and quiet."

GN-005 Gundam Virtue
Head height: 18.4m
Base weight: 66.7 tons
Screen details: "Heavily armed type and has powerful weapons such as the GN Bazooka and GN Cannon. It expands the GN Field, covering itself with a barrier and has considerably high defense."

Tieria Erde
?-years-old
Screen details: "A boy with a rare kind of beauty, his history, nationality, and origins all a mystery. Within his gentle tone, he can give a sense of cold intentions."

Merchandising and other goodies
Gunpla Expo Tokyo will be held August 11 through 16.

In September, 28 places countrywide will have an advance screening of episode 1 of Gundam 00.

Gundam 00 merchandise will show up in Gundam War cards (Double O Double Get Campaign starting in August), HGCORE figures (September), HGIF character figures and SD Gundam Full Color Custom 13 (October), and G Flex from the Candy Division (October).

Gundam 00 will also invade major product lines as well, including MSiA (Gundam Exia, price & date not shown), the apparently new 00 Region line (Exia, price & date also not shown), and HCM-Pro with the Gundam Exia (September, 2,300 yen) and Gundam Dynames (October, 2,300 yen).

All the pilots are males :eek: ! Or maybe four-eyes is a female in disguise.

Damn, all the Gundams are looking great

Aeon
Fri, 06-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Pics Of the Gundams And Pilots (http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/2007/06/14/681,1181819986,73434,0,0.html)

All the pilots are males :eek: ! Or maybe four-eyes is a female in disguise.

Damn, all the Gundams are looking great
I was happy when I thought he was a she :(.

animus
Sun, 06-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Why are all the main characters always so angsty? It might prove better to have something like from MS 08th Team, where it's not some emo war struggle, but a battle for survival, friendships, and etc.

Harima Kenji
Sun, 06-17-2007, 05:17 PM
My rant of criticism:

Is it me, or do those pics of the MS models look....wrong?
To me they look like very weird designs.. I was surprised that the last one wasn't called Obese Gundam or something.
A nice thing is that the designs deviate from the standard designs. It looks refreshing, although they look a bit weird ATM..

And the fact that Setsuna is a male...damn..NOT cool. Strange though.. I thought that Setsuna was a name for a female. And that the last one is also a male...just wrong. I really hope that they're both women in disguise.
*Me want a female lead character*

Some of the names are idiotic.. I mean; Lockon?? What sadistic parent names his kid Lock-on? And what about (H)Allelujah? Was his father the pope with a speaking disability or something? What is his weapon, a holy hand grenade? Really.. try harder with the names people, this is disturbing.
I can't think of a gundam character with a name so stupid that it comes close to the above ones..or have I forgotten one?

What are your opinions about the points in my rant?

masamuneehs
Sun, 06-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Lockon sounds like a stupid name you'd hear in a shounen anime. Wait...

Hallelujah (can be spelt with or without the H) is, however, simply too much. I cannot wait to hear the Japanese VAs pronouncing that name, especially the inevitable mecha yell of concern from his allies (the fem guy in particular) going "Halleluja~~~h!" after his mech gets hit by a bombardment. Of course, since it's a Gundam, he'll be unscathed (tho much grimacing will occur) and his allies will then heave a sigh of relief, perhaps even proclaiming, "Hallelujah!" -_-

Seriously though, that is a retarded name.

I don't care if the characters are male or female, but it does bring up the question of: what happened to the female MS pilot? The original 0079 was dominated by male pilots, true enough, but Zeta had lots of females (Haman notably, perhaps the best female Gundam pilot ever?) and even more recent series had continued that. Hell, even the bishounen laden Gundam Wing had Noin (not a Gundam pilot, but still an important character) and SEED Destiny had Lunamaria. I can't imagine that, even though these four are guys, that this new one won't have female MS pilots.

Can anyone recall the last series that revolved around a female pilot as a central character? I can only recall 8th MS Team, and that almost doesn't count, since it was so short and the lady pilots in question were either minor characters or separated from the main character for a good part of the show. I don't really consider Lunamaria to be central to anything in SEED Destiny...

Harima Kenji
Sun, 06-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Hmz.. Marvet in Victory Gundam had a reasonably important role.. and Catejina too..but I don't know if you see that as a main character. The women in Zeta are more side characters in my eyes.

The reason why I'd like to see a female lead character is because it might change the whole feel of a gundam series. Mostly it's that the lead female is standing in the sidelines cheering on the main dude. When the story revolves around a female fighter I doubt it'll be like that. It might be really refreshing.

It's not that 00 is bad in my eyes because it has no female pilots, but I kinda got my hopes up after watching the promo. If the pilots are male, at least clearly make them look like that.

Besides the names and gender, there is really not much I can say about 00.. we'll have to see it first.

but damn.. Allelujah.. what were they smoking... If/when he dies, I want to hear that sound they have in 'Worms' :)

Chris_Xion
Mon, 06-18-2007, 08:55 AM
The Japanese worship the West. Not surprised they keep coming up with retarded names like those.

The last time there's a central female character in a Gundam series would be Cagalli in Seed before she went all emo in Destiny.

Harima Kenji
Mon, 06-18-2007, 12:31 PM
That's not what I see as lead character..
more like an Amuro, Kira, Uso, Domon etc.

00 will be broadcasted on saturdays, right?

Chris_Xion
Tue, 06-19-2007, 02:57 AM
I have no idea what time that is, but i know it's the same timeslot as Seed, GSD, FMAand Blood Trinity in Japan.

vejita613
Tue, 06-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Some of the names are idiotic.. I mean; Lockon?? What sadistic parent names his kid Lock-on? And what about (H)Allelujah? Was his father the pope with a speaking disability or something?
lol @ the lockon part, but not understanding the part with Halleujah.

masamuneehs
Tue, 06-19-2007, 08:28 PM
you're not joking... you don't actually know what that word means...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallelujah

Hence it's an absolutely ludicrous thing to name a character.

Board of Command
Wed, 06-20-2007, 07:00 PM
I was happy when I thought he was a she :(.
Same here. I can't believe it.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:( :( :(

vejita613
Thu, 06-21-2007, 07:13 PM
you're not joking... you don't actually know what that word means...

Hence it's an absolutely ludicrous thing to name a character.
Of course I know what the word means and I understand your position as to why its not a good name for a character (whereas I could care less either way), I just wanted clarification on the "pope with a disability" part of the statement.

Board of Command
Thu, 06-21-2007, 10:05 PM
A Japanese dude trying to pronounce "Hallelujah" is like a white dude trying to pronounce "Nippon."

Chris_Xion
Fri, 06-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Especially when Japanese can't distinguish between Ls and Rs.

Terracosmo
Sat, 06-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Woohoo! Only just now noticed this.

I'm psyched.

Although it's probably impossible, I really hope there will be a character in this show who can rival Yzak in awesomeness...

Phoenix20578
Mon, 07-02-2007, 01:05 PM
OMFG, I cant wait. Finally a brand new story. Destiny and Stargazer completely killed SEED for me :(

Psyke
Wed, 07-04-2007, 06:37 AM
Some pics from the Tokyo Toy Show 2007:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/153/topgt7.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4803/502xu2.jpg

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5614/505fi0.jpg

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6043/509ci8.jpg

Harima Kenji
Wed, 07-04-2007, 03:35 PM
It's funny.. I still don't know what to think of the designs of the MSs..
The bottom one kinda look like transformers. :p

RedX1z
Sun, 07-08-2007, 08:02 PM
I like the color scheme for the first one, and the designs aren't bad at all for the rest. Though, first one looks like it has some sort of bird mode..

masamuneehs
Wed, 07-11-2007, 04:12 PM
High Grade Collection figures OF Real Entertainment (HGCORE)
http://www.fumuo.com/img/hgcgd.jpg
http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgundam/007151/images/03.jpg
http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgundam/007151/images/02.jpg
http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgundam/007151/images/04.jpg

nothing we haven't seen before... I'm liking the Kyrios Gundam more and more, and the fatboy (Virtue) doesn't look so bad either. I still don't like the weird ass rockets on the Dynames, but a good looking mech otherwise. Excia still is too blaise for me to really care for it... and it has that weird penis guard that looks like it should belong on a Gundam's head...

Illrenmazou
Sun, 07-15-2007, 04:49 AM
New Gundam 00 trailer! (http://www.veoh.com/videos/v791461Z7zcXdkb)
Excia looks sexy in action. Woot~!

Edit: An interview with Mizushima from Animage Mag.:

Mizushima Animage interview
This month's anime magazines had interviews with Seiji Mizushima, the director of the Gundam 00 series. Below is a translation of an interview from Animage magazine. A Newtype magazine interview will be up tomorrow.

Q: Tell us how the title "Mobile Suit Gundam 00" came about?
A: It started as a temporary title, but it ended up being the official title. Originally I wanted to have a cool name, but we all forgot about it. Besides the obvious reason of starting from zero, there are other reasons. Right now it is a secret, but it will become a keyword as the story progresses.

Q: Reason behind why this series is set in the future of our world?
A: I personally have no deep knowledge about UC or CE so jumping into their worlds would be inappropriate and offensive to the staff who worked on those series. To me, it made perfect sense to make this series connected to our world. By doing this, it is easier to reflect our history and blend it with the series. At this moment, I am not focusing too much about making this ultra real or serious. This is entertainment after all so I'll mirror some of the real world issues in this series like I have with the anime I worked on in the past.

Q: What kind of Gundam story are you aiming for?
A: Don't know if this is a good or bad thing. I haven't watched a lot of the previous Gundam series. When I was first offered this job, I thought to myself, "Aren't there more Gundam-minded people than me?" Sunrise told me "We want to create a new Gundam so the director doesn't have to know a lot about Gundam." I have staff like Yousuke Kuroda and mecha designers, who are Gundam fans, so they will make sure it is Gundam while I will try to create without thinking too much that this is a Gundam series. Perhaps, this might be the theme, but I will bring my own Gundam-ness to the series.

Q: What is your Gundam-ness?
A: One is writing about war. Gundam is a weapon after all. This doesn't mean I'm going to be devoted to battles scenes. Instead I believe it is important to approach the war theme straightforward. (Gunota note: from here he tries to be funny) Other than that, a mobile weapon walking on 2 legs using beam sabers and a beam rifle. Then the basic stuff like Gundam is red, blue, yellow, and white. *laughs* This time, we are being more adventurous with the designs. If you have these 4 colors, they look like Gundam. *laughs*

Q: The pilots of the Gundams belong to a group who are trying to end war. What are you trying to say with this?
A: Let's take this one phrase, "Using force to end wars" and see what happens when someone carries out this contradicting act. "What do you start to see?" is one of things I want to write. Since this is a drama involving these characters, you will see "What happens to the world when they pilot the Gundam? What will these pilots do and how will they change?" This will be the gut of the series for sure.

Q: How will the MS designs and battle action turn out?
A: We hope to bring 2 styles: one is the super action style from SEED, second are actions that take advantage of the MS. When the plot of Gundams entering the conflict was being setup, we had a conversation saying "It might be all right for the Gundams to be super mecha." Therefore, the antagonist's MS was designed reflecting today's weapons and the Gundams were designed to confront them. It will feel like super mecha vs real mecha. The concept of the Gundam being far superior is one concept I had from the beginning. I don't know how much of that you will see, but the staff will follow along and hopefully you might see some odd looking scenes.

Q: Lastly, a message for the fans of the upcoming series.
A: While this will be a drama connecting people with people or people with the world, I will not be forcing answers on them. I'm hoping this series will motivate viewers into thinking. A Gundam novice like me is working real hard creating a new Gundam so I hope the previous fans and new fans will support us.
¶ 9:51 PM

This one's from Newtype:

Newtype had an interview with Mizushima which covered different topics from the Animage one.

Source: Newtype
Q: A 15-second long promo video appeared after Toward the Terra on June 2. Any response from the public?
A: They were a lot of responses and they were fast, too. A day after the promo, my friend who was eating at a restaurant overheard young people talking about the next Gundam by watching it on their mobile phones.

Q: This Gundam doesn't take place in ___ Era, instead it takes place in Seireki (anno domini aka AD) 2307.
A: I wanted to do it in AD. Since my knowledge regarding UC and CE is very low, doing it in AD would be a lot easier and allow me to bring in real world agendas.

Q: Was bringing a real world agenda the start of your concept?
A: Since this is Mobile Suit Gundam, I believe you are placed in a situation where you have to write something about war. If that is the case, it could be on something like a conflict or terror we see today. In a Gundam series, the Gundam serves as a weapon which allows me to do these things. It is possible to make this story a fantasy, but I didn't want to do that with this Gundam. I wanted an era based on today's world.

Q: Setsuna F. Seiei, the main character, is a former soldier from the Middle East. This smells like the ethnic and religious clash we have today.
A: 300 years from now, I don't think this problem will be solved. However, I don't want to present a solution to this social problem. If young people ended up searching on the net, it would be worth making the series. Instead of just watching the events, I'm personally hoping we can approach it more closely. For us, it is hard to understand the thoughts of people who are living under war conditions, but we can know a little bit by studying. I want to absorb them and express them on film. I do believe this is a hard thing to do.

There is another challenge. I'm aiming for a new innovation as far as MS action goes. Each group will have their own MS, unique in shape and movement as well. To put it simply, a normal MS will have realistic behavior. Since Gundams are super weapons, they will have super mechanic movements. These differences will be purposely put in place and I'm looking forward to how much variety of actions we can express. I want everyone to look forward to this because I am, too.

Q: Setsuna is described as a cool person who hardly reveals any emotion. Does this mean he is keeping his feelings inside himself regarding why he fights?
A: That is still a secret. *laughs* His past is difficult to understand which probably makes him look cool. Once people see the facts, they will understand.

Q: Why did you decide on him as the main character?
A: At first, I wanted a character that doesn't fit a typical Japanese person. Then I went through the process of what this young person and I would do if I were placed in these circumstances. I believe this is an important step when you develop a story.

Q: This is far away from the viewer's standpoint.
A: Yes, it is. Which is why I asked Yun Kouga for character designs. If this wasn't Kouga-san's designs, people might have been afraid, grossed out, or not even empathize. It may sound like this is all we're doing based on my conversation, but it is only part of it. This is an entertainment show so we'll have those other elements, too.

Q: Will there be any romance?
A: There will be plenty of romance even under these harsh circumstances. *laughs* Yousuke Kuroda is going to include lots of romance in the story.

Q: Which means a heroine character is going to appear?
A: We haven't made that public yet? There is one, a 24-year-old heroine. She's been through a lot of difficulties.

Q: Will she be Setsuna's primary interest?
A: Umm, we haven't decided that yet. Again, she's been through a lot...

From Gunota

masamuneehs
Sun, 07-15-2007, 12:48 PM
hmm.... some of that interview distressed me, but some of it was very encouraging!

i personally don't like the idea of Gundams being 'super-mecha' that all the regular MS can't even scratch. Parity on the battlefield is part of what makes watching battles entertaining (at least for me) and it's annoying to think that the only time the Gundam pilots will be in any sort of real danger is when they're up against another Gundam...

I like how he almost flat out says, "I wanted the character to be something different, but was afraid viewers would reject that character; so that's why Yun Kouga was hired to make the character a bishounen" From the looks of the trailer, some of the girls look pretty hot too.

Meehlimo
Wed, 07-18-2007, 07:15 AM
Yea well lets hope its a long and good series i need my gundam fix its been a while...
Speakin of been a while im back and good to see most of u i know r still around :d
Just pray for sum kick ass battles and lots of exploisions xD

Illrenmazou
Mon, 07-23-2007, 08:13 AM
Here's a scan of the mass production suits I found on another anime forum:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/USSKenji64296/1185164343180.jpg
Unit Info from Gunota:

Gundam 00 enemy MS
SVMS-01 Union Flag
"Union variable MS. It can change into a flight form but that doesn't suppose transformation during combat. Armed with a Linear Rifle that fires electromagnetically accelerated live rounds. For melee combat, a super-vibrating Sonic Blade. One part of the machine is also equipped with an energy-covered Plasma Sword blade. There are many variations of this unit."

Head height: 17.9 meters
Base weight: 67.1 tons
Designed by Hitoshi Fukuchi

AEU-09 AEU Enact (Demonstration colors)
"The latest MS developed by the AEU. A solar energy model, the MS itself can accept a direct supply of power from the orbital elevator's generation system. The basic design is based on the Union's Flag and shares many features such as the flight form transformation and armaments. "

Head height: 17.6 meters
Base weight: 66.8 tons
Designed by Hitoshi Fukuchi

MSJ-06II-A Tieren
"Human Progressive League (aka People's Reform League, etc...still no official English version yet. Pick your favorite translation.) mass-production MS. Many variations for ground and space-use exist. Compared to MS in other armies, the unit is unusual in that its very slow. But as much as it sacrifices in mobility, it has strong defensive abilities and can be loaded with heavyweight armaments. It's basic weaponry is a gun & Carbon Blade and though seen as an old model in contrast to other forces, its very reliable."

Head height: 18.1 meters
Base weight: 121.3 tons
Designed by Kenji Teraoka

I think putting those two anorexic MSes in a Gundam show is weird.

Harima Kenji
Mon, 07-23-2007, 08:57 AM
Those designs look nice.
The propellor on the left arm of the Union Flag looks like those beam rotors of Victory Gundam :)
I wonder if they can also transform in helicopers.. or if it will be a propellor-plane.

Those 2 skinny suits look a bit like Nirvash from Eureka7. :)
I think those suits will rely more on speed then on brute power.

The Tieren looks like a pre-Zaku..or a Gouf.. I never can tell those 2 suits apart..

masamuneehs
Mon, 07-23-2007, 11:56 AM
The Eureka SeveN Nirvash... exactly! I couldn't figure out why those two 'sleek' designs seemed so familar...

I'm not going to make a judgment call until I see them in action, but these look like pretty reasonable mechs... I still fear these 'grunt suits' are going to be completely overmatched by the Gundams (see the interview...), ala Leos in Gundam Wing and every damn grunt suit in SEED...

I wish there was some more difference between the AEU and the UNION staple mechs... if one side decides to color their mechs a different way, they'll be practically disguised as the other side.... well, i suppose the head and shoulders are different enough...

edit -

More Gundam 00 staff announced
SF advisor - Tomohiro Chiba, Kenji Teraoka
Sound director - Misafumi Mima
Music - Kenji Kawai
Executive producers - Seiji Takeda (Mainichi Broadcasting), Yasuo Miyakawa (Sunrise)
Art design - Nobuhito Sue (Kusanagi)
Setting cooperation - Isaku Okabe
Color design - Akemi Tejima
Art director - Takeshi Satou (Kusanagi)
Producers - Hiro Maruyama (Mainichi Broadcasting), Hiroomi Iketani (Sunrise), Shin Sasaki (Sunrise)

A news article from Sports Houchi announces L'Arc En Ciel's new song "Daybreak's Bell", on sale in October, will be the first theme song for Gundam 00.

Don't know much about these guys... Producers and Executives have been around, but it's always hard to gauge what exactly their impact on the show will be... Most the SFX/art guys are relative newcomers, Kenji Kawai has been around for a long time, though, but I've never seen a series or movie with his music in it...

zhuzhu8376
Thu, 08-02-2007, 04:06 AM
Hope it will actually turn out nice i got high hope on this gundam new series .

Ps. Hope it wun be like Gundam Seed with a lot of crying baby inside

TheBladeChild
Thu, 08-02-2007, 08:11 PM
I really hope that this series will deliver, im still reeling from the dissapointment of GSD. :(

Illrenmazou
Tue, 08-07-2007, 10:34 AM
More scans for everyone!
Scan#1 (http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/3759/1186496528184fd5.jpg)
Scan#2, better version... (http://img23.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=91901_gundam00-1_122_659lo.jpg)
Scan#3 (http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1186498062509hv8.jpg)

New Gundam 00 characters
Info from Newtype via 2ch:

Celestial Being
Sumeragi Sumomo (Ri? wacky kanji middle name) Noriega - Tactical forecaster of the Celestial Being mothership Ptolemaeus. Not a captain but essentially the top ranking officer on the ship so she takes command. She basically plans all the tactics the Gundam Meisters take part in. 26-years-old. Long, black hair.

Christina Sierra - Ptolemaeus' tactical operator. Highly-skilled as a programmer so she has a career from being discovered by Celestial Being. Has a good-natured personality and has the deep trust of her comrades. 22-years-old. Brown-haired.

Felt Grace - 14-year-old tactical operator, same as Christina. For some reason or another, she seems to not be good at communicating with others. Has a wealth of mechanic-related knowledge and so joined Celestial Being anticipating that. Pink-haired.

Lichtendahl Caeli - 21-year-old with a cheerful personality and Ptolemaeus helmsman. Including him, the mothership's leadership is made up of no more than 5 people.

Lasse Aion - Ptolemaeus' gunner. The mothership's combat ability can be said to be governed by him. A 25-year-old who often acts cynically.

Agent
Wang Liu Mi - A beautiful 17-year-old celebrity. Today, the Carribean Sea, tomorrow, Japan...she works hard at her social life in financial circles traveling around the world. In reality, she's a secret agent who supports the Gundam Meisters from the shadows. Pig-tailed girl in the trailer.

Hong Rong - Wang Liu Mi's butler. Accompanies her faithfully and refers to her as "ojousama". He is also an Agent.

Union
Graham Acre - A pilot belonging to the MS team. 27-years-old but is ace level and flies a Flag. He's fixated with the Gundam Excia. The blonde guy in the trailer.

Saji Crossroad - 17. A resident of Japan's special economic zone and a senior high school student studying space engineering. A gentle person who often shows off Louise.

Louise Halevy - 17-year-old student overseas. Studies space engineering like Saji. Is his girlfriend. Her personality is very selfish.

Kinue Crossroad - Saji's older sister. Pursues Celestial Being during the course of working in the media. 22-years-old.

Human Progressive League
Sergei Smirnov - MS team commander. 43-years-old. Uniformed man with the parted-hair in the trailer.

A certain Middle Eastern country
Marina Ismail - Azadistan's first princess. Flies to other nations seeking aid to support her country's economy. 24. Black haired woman in the trailer.

AEU
Patrick Corlasawar - AEU forces ace pilot. A hot-blooded guy.

Rumored info posted days earlier but with names and descriptions matching the Newtype info so on the face of things, these seem reliable:

Felt Grace - In addition to the above info, female Gundam development genius.

Haro - Lockon's partner. Orange.

The bridge bunnies are hawt!
And... Another pop star with "evil plans" XD

Edit added scan #3

masamuneehs
Tue, 08-07-2007, 04:18 PM
a 14 year old on a battleship bridge... not liking that... One of the popular elements of Gundam that I've never liked has been to use absurdly young people everywhere, with just a couple aged true veterans in minor roles. Recent series have just made it more and more prevalent...

I can't tell if I'll like any of those characters from reading this. Their designs are all okay, but resemble ones seen in tons of anime before. Will just have to wait...

darkshadow
Wed, 08-08-2007, 01:24 AM
if the pink haired is supposed to be the 14 y/o then she surely doesnt look it.

animus
Wed, 08-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Oh thank god. I guess that confirms that she actually is a girl, that 4th pilot or whatever.

masamuneehs
Wed, 08-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Oh thank god. I guess that confirms that she actually is a girl, that 4th pilot or whatever.

not really... actually everything still points to all four pilots being male, even the one with glasses (dressed in pink on the right in image3 in lilrem's post)... The girl with pink HAIR in Image 2 (middle left) is a chick, and, yeah, she doesn't look like she's only 14 at all...

animus
Wed, 08-08-2007, 03:07 PM
not really... actually everything still points to all four pilots being male, even the one with glasses (dressed in pink on the right in image3 in lilrem's post)... The girl with pink HAIR in Image 2 (middle left) is a chick, and, yeah, she doesn't look like she's only 14 at all...

Yea I didn't read the part at the top of the quote that said "New characters", I thought they were just new information about the current main characters. So yeah, that pilot with the glasses is definetely a dude, I guess it's safe to assume now.

Illrenmazou
Fri, 08-10-2007, 04:22 AM
The MS section of the official website now features the Gundam Kyrios in MA mode:
Link (http://www.gundam00.net/ms/index.html)

masamuneehs
Fri, 08-10-2007, 03:54 PM
The MS section of the official website now features the Gundam Kyrios in MA mode:
Link (http://www.gundam00.net/ms/index.html)
also added what each of the four pilots' Normal Suits look like... On the 'Character Page' click the blue 'Variation' option underneath their bios... Quite bright color schemes (and the 'he/she' glasses pilot's suit is a bright bright purple...)... but at least we won't be struggling to tell who is who when they're switching back and forth between cockpit dialogues...

http://www.gundam00.net/ms/img/03a.gif
yeh, the Kyrios does look pretty good in Flight Mode. Looks to have two weapons mounted on each side also (unless that tip is somehow a weapon, which would shock me)

Illrenmazou
Sat, 08-11-2007, 05:54 AM
Celestial being's Mothership? (http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070810/gex24.jpg)

New Gundam 00 promo video screenshots
DengekiOnline.com (http://www.dengekionline.com/data/news/2007/8/11/620e752aeb5529852d70dbbdf77f6e97.html) posted lots of screenshots from the latest Gundam 00 promo video being shown off at Gundam Expo Tokyo 2007.

darkshadow
Sat, 08-11-2007, 08:44 AM
..but at least we won't be struggling to tell who is who when they're switching back and forth between cockpit dialogues...

Lol, struggling?
the color of the eyes/helmets was more then enough for me, actually it was pretty easy telling them apart, shinn was always pissed, athrun was always serious, kira was always emotionless ;o

masamuneehs
Sat, 08-11-2007, 12:44 PM
DS, I was talking about the older Gundam series... some people have been watching Gundam since before SEED...

http://www.dengekionline.com/data/news/2007/8/11/image/19127_n20070811_04_gundam2_28.jpg

I am so fucking sick of Haro's. I don't think they've served a practical purpose since Zeta Gundam... and they're almost never funny...

also, that Mothership from lilren's post looks alright. Actually like a conceivable mobile space base, and not a blatant White Base ripoff.

darkshadow
Sat, 08-11-2007, 10:06 PM
well i thought you were refering to seed, cause the art style in seed is so that all faces are the same, i had even less problems with the older series.
And yeah, haro became a part of gundam, no haro, no gundam

Harima Kenji
Wed, 08-15-2007, 08:12 PM
If I remember correctly, the Haro in Victory Gundam was useful too...

'nyways.. the spaceship looks cool
The name seems to refer to this guy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptolemy

Psyke
Sat, 08-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Poster from Chara Hobby 2007

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6176/556dm2.jpg

Illrenmazou
Sun, 08-19-2007, 12:37 AM
New Trailer (Low Quality) (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uBvYQzt7P0M&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Edannychoo%2Ecom%2Fblog%5Fe ntry%2Feng%2F1049%2FGundam%2B00%2F)
The Excia has a Beam riffle! And the cones on the back are some sort of anti-gravity mechanism.

TheBladeChild
Sun, 08-19-2007, 04:48 AM
Watching this trailer almost made me shat my pants. I really hope that im not setting myself up for a big disappointment this in series. The last few series have been have not satisfied my gundam hunger. Anyway the animation looks really clean, almost ghost in the shell quality i hope it remains at this quality throughout the series. And im hoping for a nice refreshing story line from this new staff.

masamuneehs
Sun, 08-19-2007, 05:54 PM
The main cast members and ED theme song were just announced at Chara Hobby 2007. The names are posted on the official site (http://www.sunrise-anime.jp/news/gundam00/#1903) as well.

Setsuna F Seiei: Mamoru Miyano
Lockon Stratos: Shinichiro Miki
Allelujah Haptism: Hiroyuki Yoshino
Tieria Erde: Hiroshi Kamiya
Sumeragi Ri Noriega: Youko Honna
Alejandro Corner: Yasunori Matsumoto
Wang Liu Mi: Kei Shindou
Hong Rong: Kenji Takahashi
Lasse Aion: Hiroki Touchi
Felt Grace: Ayahi Takagaki
Christina Sierra: Arise Satou
Lichtendahl Caeli: Masataka Azuma
Haro: Arisa Ogasawara
Billy Katagiri: Yuji Ueda
Graham Acre: Yuuichi Nakamura
Patrick Corlasawar: Kenji Hamada
Saji Crossroad: Miyu Irino
Kinue Crossroad: Aya Endo
Louise Halevy: Chiwa Saitou
Marina Ismail: Ayumi Tsunematsu
Sergei Smirnov: Unshou Ishizuka
Ioria Schuhenberg: Chikao Ohtsuka

For a limited time, internet streaming video site GyaO will have the Gundam 00 announcement at Chara Hobby 2007 available on Aug 20th 12:00pm for 24hrs.

ED Theme title "Wana" (English translation "Trap") by The Back Horn (http://thebackhorn.com/). Single is set for October release which will come with Gundam 00 sticker.
Yay, VAs are out! Time to go check 'em out!

edit- hmm, main character was pretty good as Moondoggie in E7 and Light in Death Note... imagine it'll be more like Light's somber, pensive tone than Moondoggie's lightheartedness for our angst-ridden bish pilot...

OMG- Itoshiki-sensei (Zetsubo, see my sig) is the chick-looking pilot. WTF w/all ur BBQ sauce is that about?

Allelujah (i am never going to get used to writing that as a person's name...) is voiced by a guy who always plays whiny, annoying characters in the few shows I've seen him in...

Charizard is a Gundam Pilot. Yes, the English voice of Charizard is Lockon. (This is actually a very good thing)

Yay for: Yasunori Matsumi, Chiwa Saito, Hiroki Touchi, Unshou Ishizuka and Yuji Ueda. Alot of the other cast seems to be relative newcomers.

Harima Kenji
Mon, 08-20-2007, 04:58 AM
hehe 'Billy Katagiri' is voiced by the same dude as Urashima Keitaro :) (and a lot of other voices too)

Illrenmazou
Thu, 08-23-2007, 09:22 AM
The Ptolemaios, AEU enact and Tieren variants:
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6817/1187874372297wz2.th.jpg (http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1187874372297wz2.jpg)
I lol'd @ the blue Tieren's knee condoms :p

masamuneehs
Thu, 08-23-2007, 12:46 PM
is it just me, or do those four sections around the top of the Ptolemaios look like they're detachable flyers? It also doesn't seem to have a whole lot of weapons on it. Maybe two lasers/beam cannons on the very front sides, some AA and missle defense on the back (unless those four sections are actually massive turrets or cannons in disguise...)

Yeah, I can't tell what the fuck is going on with those two Tieren models. That can't be missles on the knees of the E Tieren (Purple/Blue one with the 'knee condoms') but I can't tell what the hell would come out of opening it like that... Its propulsion system looks like suction cups also.... Maybe its a construction noncombat type?

The C Tieren only has that one little rifle, but possibly more attachments can be added. Looks like those real long things are wings (reminds me of the Leo flyer attachment from Wing)... but when they fold up like that, it looks like the arms aren't in a position to be involved in fighting at all... possibly making it smaller so it's easier for deployment.

These mechs are welcomly weird, in my book. But I'm still afraid of what the Director said about them being absolutely outgunned by the Gundams... Seems like too much thought and innovation put into mech designs if the show is ultimately going to come down to Gundam vs. Gundam...

animus
Fri, 08-24-2007, 07:54 AM
That C Tieren kinda looks like those LEVs from Zone of the Enders.

masamuneehs
Sat, 08-25-2007, 02:11 AM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6817/1187874372297wz2.th.jpg (http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1187874372297wz2.jpg)

info on the ships featured in the pic above (the mothership Ptolemaios, the E Tieren and the AEU Enact)

From the updated Gundam00.net
Ptolemaios
"Celestial Being's mothership. Some members call it by the pet name 'Ptolemy'. The custom mothership was designed for the use of the Gundams. It's equipable with a maximum of 4 containers which can each store a Gundam. As it is made thoroughly for the use of the Gundams, it doesn't have battleship-style heavy armaments. The central pointed end is a catapult for launching Gundams. From each container, the immediate internal portion of the ship can be moved to the catapult, making for quick launches."

Tieren Space Type
Model number: MSJ-06II-E
Head height: 18.2m
Base weight: 127.5t
"The Human Reform League's space-use Tieren. The tanks equipped on each leg are filled with water inside and the tanks themselves also function adequately as shields. Its main armament, a 200mm x 25 caliber length smooth bore gun, is furnished with heat sinks for use in space. It's also enabled as a blade in close combat."

AEU Enact (mass-production type)
Model number: AEU-09
Head height: 17.6m
Base weight: 66.8t
"The latest MS developed by the AEU. A model with solar-energy support, the MS itself can receive a direct supply of power from the orbital elevator's generation system. The basic design is based on the Union's Flag and has many common features such as armaments and a flight form transformation."
wow, these really are some very unique MS designs. Like I thought, the Gundam mothership's essentially a transport (but NO weapons?) and I still think those compartments for housing the Gundams look like they can detach...

The mystery of the knee condoms continues! What the bloody hell do they need water for and how does that manage to function as a shield?! Also, I don't see how the gun on the C Tieren (the pic of the E is an unarmed one) can also be a close combat weapon... so maybe we just don't have the E Tieren weapon shown yet. Also, can someone explain why a gun in space would use heat sinks?

The AEU Enact is pimp. Sounds like it won't ever run out of energy (but maybe ammo?) so long as it's within recieving range of the elevators systems.

i'm seriously confused out of my mind on the E Tieren. plus, a mothership with zero weapons is some kind of sick joke or lack of budget. That thing better be armored beyond belief... It's going to be a sitting duck during re-entry...

AlbinoFury
Mon, 09-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Mainichi Mantan Web has a write-up on one of the Gundam 00 early preview screenings in Nakano's Sun Plaza, attended by director Seiji Mizushima, cast members, comedians Teruyuki Uchida & Osamu Wakai, and 2,000 fans. 15,000 fans are expected in total during the 28 total preview showings nationwide. The article also makes clear something that had long been rumored: Similar to Code Geass, episodes 1 through 25 of the series will be broadcast, then the show will take a break before the "second season" is shown.

Looks like they are gonna torture us with a split series in the scheduling.

TheBladeChild
Tue, 09-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Oh man if they are gonna do that to us this series better well dam be worth it.

masamuneehs
Tue, 09-04-2007, 12:36 PM
i'm with Blade on this one. At first I was just rip-shit angry about this news. I think that if you're going to do a fifty-episode show, you should be able to do it in one shot. We saw they struggled mightily at the end of SEED Destiny, unable to make deadlines and coming up with crappy and un-needed recap episodes instead, but you'd think that they wouldn't start airing until they gave themselves enough completeled episodes to be a cushion for whatever they'd need to create during the actual run...

Taking this kind of break and time gives them no excuses for turning out a superior, well planned and impressive complete series.

I'm really looking forward to it, although I can already guess that the first "season" ends with some kind of cliffhanger, almost undoubtedly the standard "Did (a) the main character die?" cliffhangar that accompanies a climactic MS battle, the destruction of the initial Gundams, and the routine set-up for brand new Gundams for our surviving heroes (because they always survive) and the model kit buying masses.

TheBladeChild
Wed, 09-05-2007, 03:24 AM
As much as I liked Gundam Wing, I really hope that this series does not turn out to be like it.
Lets hope with the new staff comes new ideas.

Illrenmazou
Sat, 09-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Latest Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWKB1waAG_E)

The Gundam that appeared in the end looks looks like the RX-78-2 with wings. It's probably the the prototype of all the initial Gundams (GN-000)

Dark Dragon
Mon, 09-17-2007, 10:42 AM
LOL, those looks like giant angel wings and we all know how the last gundam series with an angel gundam was.

If this show keep anything from seed, i seriously hope it's the music because that is about the only truly excellent thing about seed destiny.

masamuneehs
Fri, 09-21-2007, 07:29 PM
I actually didn't see any angel wings on a Gundam during that promo... I saw what looked like one MS boosting with all of its thrusters at max output, and that image at the end seemed to be some kind of Evangelion-esque 'hero descending' biblical style dealie... But it looked like lightning behind the Gundam, not wings.

I'd surely like for them to avoid angel wing designs. Ironically, I did enjoy Gundam Wing a great deal. I agree, the music from SEED, and even SEED Destiny, was top notch. But I'd be willing to settle for lesser music, even less action, if they can put a good story out there.

Also, model images of the Ptolemaios ship. I STILL don't understand how that thing doesn't have any weapons on it...

http://www.amiami.com/images/product/review/GDS-9315_04.jpg

also, this angle makes it seem like they could conceivably house FIVE Gundams...

http://www.amiami.com/images/product/review/GDS-9315_05.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/images/product/review/GDS-9315_07.jpg

and, it does look like those side compartments detach after all... at least on the toys...

http://www.amiami.com/images/product/review/GDS-9315_08.jpg

some more model pics. cuz why not?
First, the Union Flag
http://www.gundambase.com/community/gun_album/packagetemporary.gif

http://www.gundambase.com/community/gun_album/a-2.jpg

The Gundam Excia with TWIN BLADES
http://www.gundambase.com/community/gun_album/a2%281%29.jpg

The Gundam Virtue (Fatboy) with what looks to be an assortment of weapons or a funky weird stand..

http://www.gundambase.com/community/gun_album/runner%281%29.jpg

also, some more mech info, though i don't recall which mech they're referring to...

AEU-05 Hellion
Head height: 15.4m
Base weight: 58.2t
"AEU MS. Manufactured in large numbers and exported outside of AEU member nations. For that reason, there are cases in which they've been used by terrorists and others. Though it has features, such as flight form support, in common with the latest unit, the Enact, there's a huge gap in their abilities, destining it for retirement. There are many variations on the head portion and armaments."

Workloader - Tiny worker unit.

Amph - The mecha from the beginning of the second TV commercial.

Harima Kenji
Sat, 09-22-2007, 07:04 PM
LOL, those looks like giant angel wings and we all know how the last gundam series with an angel gundam was.

If this show keep anything from seed, i seriously hope it's the music because that is about the only truly excellent thing about seed destiny.

To me, those 'wings' look more like the kind of thing the V Gundam had. (or was it V-2?)

Although it'll probably be the heroic descent masa was talking about.

I hope the music will be good too. It's not the same person doing it, so I think the style will be different. From the series he's done I've only seen Ranma ½. And since the genre is totally different, so should be the music. I don't have anything to compare it with.

Illrenmazou
Mon, 09-24-2007, 07:17 AM
Enact, Flag and Hellion with MA lineart:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/USSKenji64296/1190386557652.jpg

Reverse bend the knees of the Enact, Flag and Hellion while in MA mode, you'll get a Gerwalk :p

Knives122
Sun, 09-30-2007, 06:19 PM
For those who haven't heard about it yet, L`Arc~en~Ciel is doing the opening:

Daybreaks bell is the name. (http://www.sendspace.com/file/qhoqzb)

animus
Sun, 09-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Oh nice, I really liked their opening, Shine for Seirei no Moribito.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 10-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Now that we are a few days away from the next incarnation of the Gundam world, I was just wondering everyones thoughts, expections, and hopes for the new series?

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-01-2007, 09:06 PM
I have high expectations, but I always do with war dramas. I love what the guy did with FMA, and he certainly seemed to have some very interesting thoughts about what to do with the Gundam franchise. I also think that, with the characters being designed by Yun Kouga, and the very feminine looking pilot, there might be some groundbreaking sexuality issues going on.

It's going to be beautiful and full of explosives. It should be a feast for the eyes.

They seem to be doing what the SEED director could not do, taking great pains to make sure that the production teams have time to create an excellent story and a full series, without those flashback episodes.

I'm thinking that this show is going to be a bit like Gundam Wing, but without the classic "Colonies breaking away from long oppression by the Earth rulers" war setup. The interviews with the director seemed to indicate that the Gundams are going to be way, way more powerful than normal mobile suits... and I highly doubt that the enemies will be able to overcome the mecha spec disparity with those key elements of war that are ever so elusive in anime: strategy and ingenuity...

I am also afraid that the 'Organization fighting for peace against the warring factions' as the initial setup of the main characters is like fast forwarding to the pacifist bullshit fest that comes up in other Gundams.

We'll see, but I always have high expectations for Gundam

Harima Kenji
Tue, 10-02-2007, 03:33 PM
I really hope that the story is good.
But one thing that I want most of all is no more reused cells. In Destiny it became just silly. Showing the wrong MS in action. Once in a while it's ok, but do it with care.

And I hope for the standard things like believable characters, good fights stuff like that.

animus
Thu, 10-04-2007, 08:17 AM
http://www.mendoi-fansubs.com/home/

Apparently mendoi and Conclave are gonna join up and sub this series.

Yukimura
Thu, 10-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Nice, two groups notorious for quality encoding and inconsistent release schedules. AonE-Conclave seemed like it was a pretty successful joint, hopefully Mendoi-Conclave will be a good team as well. They may end up being the ones to archive but for a show like this I doubt I'd wait for them if a somewhat decent speed-subber showed up.

ian_sanzo
Thu, 10-04-2007, 02:31 PM
When is the first episode going to be aired?

animus
Thu, 10-04-2007, 03:07 PM
According to anidb, the 6th of October meaning this Saturday is when the first episode would air.

Psyke
Fri, 10-05-2007, 10:35 AM
[Mendoi-Conclave] Gundam 00 Promos (http://bt.radicand.org/torrents/%5BMendoi-Conclave%5D_Gundam_00_Promos.torrent)

Harima Kenji
Fri, 10-05-2007, 06:16 PM
I just hope that this series won't be licenced so insanely fast.. cuz I think those subbers will stop when it is licenced...

Knives122
Sat, 10-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Well the episode aired, and the beginning of the ending is pretty crazy.

I feel this may be the start of something greatly awesome

TheBladeChild
Sat, 10-06-2007, 02:59 PM
I havent seen it yet, but im already psyched. Any word yet, on whether or not a speed-sub group has taken this series up?