PDA

View Full Version : Energy Drinks

itadakimasu
Wed, 05-30-2007, 09:53 PM
OK. So, who else is a monster fanatic? Yes, the energy drink. I love my monster, especially khaos, and m-80 which both own... but you cant go wrong with any monster, as they are all pretty good.

Thread title changed due to the fact that user couldn't figure out how to make a thread title really relate to their topic of discussion for others.

Board of Command
Thu, 05-31-2007, 02:14 PM
I don't need energy drinks.

Kraco
Thu, 05-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Yeah. The only times I've drunk energy drinks has been in a mix with a bit more strong liquids in a bar...

masamuneehs
Thu, 05-31-2007, 02:22 PM
since coffee does not go well, I actually resort to these things in emergencies... mostly long drives where I get tired but don't have time to stop off and take a nap.

The only one I like is "Bookoo", simply because I used that word as a slang adjective (it's a bastardization of the French word Bohkoo (sp?), meaning 'alot') before the drink came out. My friends gave me shit, since i sorta make up words alot, but then I found the drink in a gas station and it just cracked me up.

Oh, and Sparks is SHIT! It's like someone simply poured a beer in a generic energy drink... disgusting...

Finally, Taurine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurine)

Assertn
Thu, 05-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Red Bull tastes like smarties.....

Anyway I hear stuff like that jacks up your testicles or something.

masamuneehs
Thu, 05-31-2007, 03:18 PM

"Jacks up" meaning good or bad? :confused:

Care to elaborate? I know that kids still developing physically shouldn't have energy drinks, but I've never heard of physical side-effects on adults...

Genma
Thu, 05-31-2007, 03:20 PM
I don't really buy energy drinks unless I'm really tired (not due to natural causes, if you catch my drift), but the ones I usually buy are Monster and SoBe No Fear, the latter of which is my favorite.

The rest of 'em are just... meh.

darkmetal505
Thu, 05-31-2007, 03:23 PM
NOS is a great chaser.

gr3atfull
Thu, 05-31-2007, 06:08 PM
The only one I like is "Bookoo", simply because I used that word as a slang adjective (it's a bastardization of the French word Bohkoo (sp?), meaning 'alot') before the drink came out. [/url]
You mean beaucoup :p

Just like soft drink, I don't drink Energy drinks. Its unhealthy. However, I drink tea..... Not coffee, its disgusting...

TruthofMistake
Thu, 05-31-2007, 06:18 PM
I drink quite energy drinks a lot and my favorites one would have to be Bawls, it tastes like orange soda.

Turkish-S
Thu, 05-31-2007, 06:25 PM
I buy 4 red bulls if i need an allnighter, works pretty good..

Psyke
Fri, 06-01-2007, 04:50 AM
I drink red bull if I have to stay awake overnight. Much too sweet but add in some ice and it's great. It's not too good to pop 4 in one night though, TS. :)

Ryllharu
Fri, 06-01-2007, 05:20 AM
There's always the old classic, the true first energy drink. Jolt Cola. Twice the caffeine as a regular soda, and now it comes in a giant vacuum sealed cylinder that always seems to foam all over my roommate's desk.

The only other one of any consequence is Cocaine, which just got pulled from all the shelves, but will come back under a new name eventually. It was the strongest energy drink, period.

For whatever reason, I can't stand the taste of Red Bull and most of the other ones.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 06-01-2007, 06:12 AM
Never done energy drinks proper, the closest I have come is Lucozade.

Apart from that I do Protein shakes, like Met-Rx.

itadakimasu
Fri, 06-01-2007, 09:07 AM
i tried the cocaine one when a guy i was working with had it, just a sip and i really didn't see how i could drink anymore.

but still... monster is taking over the world, it is everywhere now.

TruthofMistake
Fri, 06-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Has anyone here tried a Red Line? I hear that it's really strong. A pretty big friend of mine drank the entire thing (your only supposed to have half aparently) and was really twitchy for a while. I've been meaning to try it for a while now but they don't sell it where I live. =(

Aeon
Fri, 06-01-2007, 11:39 AM
I drink Monster about 3 times a week when I have to be up for work at 5am and out the house at 6am.

Spiegel
Fri, 06-01-2007, 11:56 AM
I never really drink the things; all I like are Rockstar and Monster. I have tried redbull and yes... it does taste like liquid sweet tarts!

I feel I do not need energy drinks, I use Sweet Tea!

Deadfire
Fri, 06-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Dr. Pepper, coffee, and/or Tea are my energy drinks

That and simple Water

Turkish-S
Fri, 06-01-2007, 04:55 PM
I drink red bull if I have to stay awake overnight. Much too sweet but add in some ice and it's great. It's not too good to pop 4 in one night though, TS. :)

it works like this. I can stay up to 2 o clock in the night. After that i need something that can keep me awake. so i pop 1 at 2. and it starts to work after 15 mins giving me 30 mins of pure focussing and after that 45 mins more but now just for 50% focuss. so if i really need that allnighter i have to pop 4 :D.

Assertn
Fri, 06-01-2007, 06:45 PM
It's all about the tall, light-blended java-chip frappacino at Starbux

Animeniax
Sun, 06-03-2007, 04:03 AM
Anyone heard of Bomba?

http://www.glasspac.com/shineawards/images/winners/2001/bomba.jpg

I've never drank one but I own a few bottles. It looks like a grenade and the pull ring is like a grenade pin. Mine even has Arabic writing on it, for that authentic al qaeda feel.

Sandldan
Sun, 06-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Tried some Bomba last year but i think they might have stopped selling them here now.

At the moment im pretty much sticking to Teho, a finnish brand.
http://www.olvi.fi/client-data/img/olvi_teho_1.gif

Animeniax
Sun, 06-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Tried some Bomba last year but i think they might have stopped selling them here now.
I imagine it tastes like Red Bull or most other energy drinks?

One website that rates energy drinks said the Bomba packaging was in poor taste and disgusting considering how violent the world is at present, and that it could actually get you in a lot of trouble trying to carry one of the darker colored flavors of Bomba through a security checkpoint. They went on to say some of the flavors tasted somewhat unique and refreshing.

itadakimasu
Mon, 06-04-2007, 06:52 AM
alot of it is marketing.... i'm not going to buy an energy drink that comes in a can that looks like it could be holding motor oil.... or poison via al qaeda eeek

Animeniax
Mon, 06-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Come on now, you sound like a wuss. They're just playing on the "energy" aspect of their product, like the explosiveness of a bomb, or the lubrication of a can of motor oil (to make the engine run well). Look at that one drink Cocaine. They want you to think you're getting the same high as using drugs. It's marketing. Doesn't mean it tastes bad. It could be the best energy drink you ever had.

XanBcoo
Mon, 06-04-2007, 12:40 PM
OK. So, who else is a monster fanatic? Yes, the energy drink. I love my monster, especially khaos[/B]
This is what my roommates buy in packs of 24. I hate the stuff, but I drink it whenever I need it.

I also really like the Sobe stuff that comes in the red cans, Bawls, and sometimes Red Bull.

I forget which, but one time I had a flavor of either Rockstar or Full Throttle and it was one of the worst things I've ever drunk. It tasted like I imagine urine does and it caused me to relive painful memories from my childhood.

Assertn
Mon, 06-04-2007, 02:17 PM
I imagine it tastes like Red Bull or most other energy drinks?

One website that rates energy drinks said the Bomba packaging was in poor taste and disgusting considering how violent the world is at present, and that it could actually get you in a lot of trouble trying to carry one of the darker colored flavors of Bomba through a security checkpoint. They went on to say some of the flavors tasted somewhat unique and refreshing.
I guess that means that super soakers and nerf guns are also in poor taste and disgusting :o

Animeniax
Mon, 06-04-2007, 11:08 PM
I guess that means that super soakers and nerf guns are also in poor taste and disgusting :o
I like to paint my supersoaker black and attach a laser sight, then go to the bank. Leads to hilarious misunderstandings.

Assertn
Tue, 06-05-2007, 06:28 PM
I like to paint my supersoaker black and attach a laser sight, then go to the bank. Leads to hilarious misunderstandings.
And by hilarious misunderstandings, you mean you go to the bank, and bring your checkbook instead.

Board of Command
Tue, 06-05-2007, 10:06 PM
You should try it. You can buy some sights here:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2574

rockmanj
Tue, 06-12-2007, 01:45 AM

I think i know what u mean by that, if i drink like4 or 5 or those in ahort period, I'll pretty much ty to nail anyting without a Y chomosome within a 5 mile radius...

Kraco
Tue, 06-12-2007, 02:53 AM
I think i know what u mean by that, if i drink like4 or 5 or those in ahort period, I'll pretty much ty to nail anyting without a Y chomosome within a 5 mile radius...

I hope you realise humans are not the only mammals sporting the Y chromosome...

rockmanj
Tue, 06-12-2007, 09:15 AM
of course...duh! :P

dragonrage
Wed, 06-13-2007, 06:48 AM
red bull once in while, gatorade most of the time

water everyday

and tea to help me sleep sometimes.

David75
Wed, 06-13-2007, 09:07 AM
I've tried many energy drinks avalaible in France, and even Red Bull (forbiden in France).
From what I remember, nothing was really efficient in reducing the tireness. The effect was mainly getting more tense, which is not that efficient. I guess I mainly reacted to caffeine...

As a treatment, it seemed that a tad of sport with a mix of water/half lemon juiced/2 or 3 brown sugar cubes and table spoon of honey in 1,5 liter bottle of water, was the best thing for me. Drink it before, while, and after sports.
I think I'll start doing this again, and add some green tea I'll cold infuse the all night, the bottle in the fridge.

c u

darkmetal505
Fri, 06-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Xan suggested I post this here:

Bringing to you Powerthrist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs), the first energy drink made from real lightning.

itadakimasu
Thu, 06-21-2007, 03:50 PM
*finishing off a 16oz monster khaos*

to add to the rediculousness of some energy drinks... i downed a 40oz full throttle slurpee yesterday from 7-11... it was really tastee and gave me quite the buzz. i sometimes just need a monster to keep from nodding off while i'm idling on the job.

6-22-2007 3:45pm central standard time.... i just finished a monster M-80..... its the new and improved version of monster khaos : 80% juice, 100% monster !!! so good...

itadakimasu
Wed, 04-23-2008, 04:31 PM
So... I tried some 'amp energy drink' the other day. It is out by mountain dew and they advertise it as not having a crash + burn effect and a more focused effect...

that is true. it does not leave me feeling like i do right now kinda cracked out and on edge after i have a monster... downside? it tastes like watered down grape soda.

Sapphire
Wed, 04-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Amps are nice.

Monsters used to be really big here. But once you try other stuff, monsters are just nasty. Especially the red one - it tastes like cola and cough syrup.

I love Sobe the best.

But alas, energy drinks are too expensive. So now I just drink coffee.

Board of Command
Thu, 04-24-2008, 01:01 AM
I bought this green energy drink from a vending machine called "Vault" about a month ago and it was like pop. It's apparently made by Coca Cola and came in a clear plastic bottle like most other pop.

It didn't seem to have any effect on me. I drank the thing then went to sleep right after.

XanBcoo
Thu, 04-24-2008, 11:38 AM
I bought this green energy drink from a vending machine called "Vault" about a month ago and it was like pop. It's apparently made by Coca Cola and came in a clear plastic bottle like most other pop.
I find it hilarious that you say "pop" instead of "soda".

But yeah, I've had Vault too and it was not really very good. The only caffeine I drink now is coffee, and that's only on occasion.

David75
Thu, 04-24-2008, 12:09 PM

But yeah, I've had Vault too and it was not really very good. The only caffeine I drink now is coffee, and that's only on occasion.

Coffee... when I think I had to wait till 28 before needing to drink some on a regular basis... and maybe even too much.

There's something strange with coffee and tea. Both have caffeine as the booster component, however I find coffee to boost harshly and over a short time period. Tea tends to have a less strong effect, but over a greater period of time. Can't really tell why since in both it's the same active molecule.
Maybe in coffee you get more, so you feel like an overboost that doesn't last long but make the after boost seem very weak... whereas tea being softer, an equal level of cafeine may be analysed as stronger since there's no constrast effect.

Eurasian
Thu, 04-24-2008, 12:27 PM
For some reason, I never find tea to be energy boosting. Maybe I just don't realize it or I'm not drinking the right kind...
But as to keeping myself awake, I usually drink a monster and eat wasabi...

Board of Command
Thu, 04-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Only Americans say "soda."

Animeniax
Thu, 04-24-2008, 01:02 PM
The Japanese say "sou da", but they aren't talking about colas.

I don't think caffeine has an effect on me, though I do go through withdrawal if I drink coffee for a long while and then stop a few days.

David75
Thu, 04-24-2008, 02:10 PM
in the english world maybe? because french peole do use the term for the kind of beverage with bubles and sugar

Board of Command
Thu, 04-24-2008, 02:11 PM
You're all old school.

Mr Squiggles
Fri, 04-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Only old and/or lame people call it soda anymore, get with the times folks.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Coffee... when I think I had to wait till 28 before needing to drink some on a regular basis... and maybe even too much.

There's something strange with coffee and tea. Both have caffeine as the booster component, however I find coffee to boost harshly and over a short time period. Tea tends to have a less strong effect, but over a greater period of time. Can't really tell why since in both it's the same active molecule.
Maybe in coffee you get more, so you feel like an overboost that doesn't last long but make the after boost seem very weak... whereas tea being softer, an equal level of cafeine may be analysed as stronger since there's no constrast effect.

Well, I don't know if this is what's happening, but that phenomenon can be explained from a pharmacological point of view. Basically, when drugs go into the body, they're being metabolised/eliminated by the body, mainly by the liver and/or kidneys. In the case of caffeine, it's broken down by the enzyme codenamed: CYP1A2. If tea has another drug/component in it that also requires being broken down by the same enzyme, or inhibits the activity of that enzyme, the caffeine doesn't get eliminated as fast, and stays in your body longer.

/Pharm lecture

The term soda is just about never used here. Most Auzzies just refer to it as soft drink.

Penner
Tue, 03-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Thread Resurrected!

Why? Because i love energy drinks thats why!

Anyone else hooked on energy drinks? And if so, which are your favorite? ^^

Animeniax
Tue, 03-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Energy drinks can't compete with proper socialization, well-balanced diet, healthy lifestyle, and getting a good night's sleep to keep you energetic and full of life.

XanBcoo
Tue, 03-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Energy drinks can't compete with proper socialization, well-balanced diet, healthy lifestyle, and getting a good night's sleep to keep you energetic and full of life.
Quoting for truth.

But when I do need a boost, or something to keep me going, I drink either black coffee or those 5 hour energy (http://www.5hourenergy.com/) shots. Energy drinks are loaded with sugar and taste like frothy piss.

The commercials for 5 hour energy are obnoxious, but they work really well. They make me feel alert rather than jittery.

poopdeville
Tue, 03-16-2010, 04:46 PM

It didn't seem to have any effect on me. I drank the thing then went to sleep right after.

Vault wasn't really meant as an energy drink. It's the same formula as "Surge", a non-energy citrus flavored drink. People petitioned Coca-Cola to bring it back, and Vault (Surge + some caffeine) was their response.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-16-2010, 07:10 PM
I have a habit of drinking a few cans of V during exam/assignment times, but I've never really drank it regularly to wake me up in the mornings.

I've been having some of this (http://products.usana.com/en/products/us/essentials/body_rox.shtml) in the morning every day for the last 2 weeks or so, and I'm rather surprised they keep me awake from morning till lunch. (for the last year or 2 I've been sleeping throughout the day. I'm awake in labs, but I'm knock out for lectures. Thank god for recordings and notes.)

That's lunch as in whenever I eat lunch. After that I'll become extremely drowsy for a while. That's why I've been putting off lunch till perhaps around 2:30pm. Not good, but I can't help it.

Animeniax
Tue, 03-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Quoting for truth.

But when I do need a boost, or something to keep me going, I drink either black coffee or those 5 hour energy (http://www.5hourenergy.com/) shots. Energy drinks are loaded with sugar and taste like frothy piss.

The commercials for 5 hour energy are obnoxious, but they work really well. They make me feel alert rather than jittery.
Sadly none of the qualities of a healthy life apply to me so my post was made partly in jest and just to be contrary to the energy drink fans.

The first time I tried a 5-hour energy was last semester before an exam and it made me feel alert and coherent. I did pretty well on the test, to the point that I felt it might be cheating. A week ago was the second time I took a 5-hr energy before a test, and I think the questions I had about the possible performance gain messed with my head and I was jittery and nervous throughout the test.

Next time I think I'll drink one an hour before a test instead of 5 minutes before, to let the nerves calm down a bit.

Sapphire
Tue, 03-16-2010, 08:10 PM
So basically it's liquid Adderol?

Animeniax
Tue, 03-16-2010, 08:21 PM
It's just 5000% of your daily requirement of vitamin B, which supposedly stimulates your nervous system or something like that. Only time and science will tell if taking vitamin B in such large doses is bad for you. My guess is that it is.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-16-2010, 08:34 PM
It's just 5000% of your daily requirement of vitamin B, which supposedly stimulates your nervous system or something like that. Only time and science will tell if taking vitamin B in such large doses is bad for you. My guess is that it is.

Excess vitamin B, like all other water soluble vitamins, get passed out through your urine. It's like taking vitamin C tablets when your diet already has enough - it just passes right out.

I'm unsure if this all means that the general population isn't eating properly to the point where we actually have to take supplements to function properly.

edit: Seems I'm misinformed. Despite being renally excreted, saturating your system with certain subtypes of vitamin B can cause toxicity. Guess it comes down to which ones you take.

Assertn
Tue, 03-16-2010, 11:00 PM

http://www.uta.fi/FAST/US1/REF/images/popsoda2.gif

Sapphire
Tue, 03-16-2010, 11:08 PM
What crazy people did they survey in Texas? They call it soda there..

Buffalobiian
Wed, 03-17-2010, 12:00 AM
http://www.uta.fi/FAST/US1/REF/images/popsoda2.gif

I can deal with pop and soda, even if we don't call it by neither names here.

Coke is simply a headache.

Waiter: Would you like anything to drink sir?
aiteSir: Do you have any coke?
Waiter: Certainly. Which would you like?
aiteSir: Pepsi thanks.

It's like saying Toyota when you mean an automobile. :S

XanBcoo
Wed, 03-17-2010, 01:07 AM
What crazy people did they survey in Texas? They call it soda there..
Everyone I know calls it Coke.

But you're from around the Austin area, which is near the small "Soda" bit.

I can deal with pop and soda, even if we don't call it by neither names here.

Coke is simply a headache.

Waiter: Would you like anything to drink sir?
aiteSir: Do you have any coke?
Waiter: Certainly. Which would you like?
aiteSir: Pepsi thanks.

That's a phenomenon known broadly as a Synecdoche, or more specifically, Inductive Autonomasia.

I don't know what you call things in Australia, but most people will know what you mean when you Hoover the floor, or blow your nose with a Kleenex. Perhaps you write with a Biro?

If you ask for Coke in a restaurant, most waiters will ask for clarification, yes.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 03-17-2010, 02:35 AM

But you're from around the Austin area, which is near the small "Soda" bit.

That's a phenomenon known broadly as a Synecdoche, or more specifically, Inductive Autonomasia.

I don't know what you call things in Australia, but most people will know what you mean when you Hoover the floor, or blow your nose with a Kleenex. Perhaps you write with a Biro?

If you ask for Coke in a restaurant, most waiters will ask for clarification, yes.

Biro's the only one that more or less applies here. Still, I call it a pen, and I can't recall off the top of my head the last person I heard call it a Biro.

As for coke, here it's always called "soft drink". Coke will always mean Coca-Cola.

XanBcoo
Wed, 03-17-2010, 02:51 AM
Well those were just a few examples but it's a pretty widespread phenomenon. I'm sure Australia has its own set of brand names used in that sense. Wiki suggests that you might call a cooler an "Esky". Here's a more extensive list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_generic_and_genericized_trademarks

Edit: And it's a form of metonymy, not synecdoche. I always get those two confused.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 03-17-2010, 03:16 AM
Well those were just a few examples but it's a pretty widespread phenomenon. I'm sure Australia has its own set of brand names used in that sense. Wiki suggests that you might call a cooler an "Esky". Here's a more extensive list:

Edit: And it's a form of metonymy, not synecdoche. I always get those two confused.

Esky is a brand name for a cooler?!

My goodness..

I need to lie down or something..

Kraco
Wed, 03-17-2010, 04:33 AM

That was enlightening. Earlier reading this thread I tried to come up with even a single trademark being used as a generic noun in Finnish but failed. But reading that list I spotted a few. Though Adrenalin surely beats the rest hands-down. Epinephrine simply doesn't exist in our language at all, nor in many others, I bet. I always thought the English speakers strange calling it epinephrine...

Over here carbonated soft drinks are called lemonade even if they contain no traces of lemon. I guess lemonade was the first such drink sold here and it stuck.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-17-2010, 05:20 AM
In the Philippines, most people call a photocopy machine a "Xerox" machine. They also call a refrigerator "frigider" (Frigidaire in Filipino accent). "Colgate" is also synonymous with toothpaste. "Jacuzzi" is also commonly used when referring to whirlpool bath tubs. "Coleman" is also used as a replacement for a water jug. Diapers are also usually dubbed as "Pampers." Another really funny one is how "Kodak" is used as a verb for taking pictures.

They also refer to all bottled water as "mineral water" even if it is distilled water.

There are other strange ones that don't involve brands at all. "Salvage" here means to ambush and kill someone, usually a popular figure. It is a wonder even to a Filipino like myself how the word now means almost exactly the opposite of what it originally meant.

I personally don't use these words, but I must admit that I am one of the more endangered types here.

itadakimasu
Wed, 03-17-2010, 08:34 AM
I'm still drinking lo-carb Monster. I've cut down some and try not to have one every day if possible :)

The last time I was in 7-11 buying a Monster, I noticed some new "Calm" drinks next to the energy drinks. There was one called "calm" and a puple can called " drank ". Both w\ the main active ingredients being Valerian Root, and Melatonin. I've yet to try them. Passing out at work didn't seem like a good idea.

Sapphire
Wed, 03-17-2010, 08:41 AM

Wha-what?! Are you serious?! No one I know calls it coke even if they're not from Austin! I must have lived in a different Texas than you.

/denial.

Also, on the topic of energy drinks, I used to love them. Now I hate them since they taste so syrupy and sugary. I'll drink one occasionally (people come on campus and hand them out to advertise) but nowadays stuff that's too sugary just makes me tired.

I also tried some weird alcoholic/energy beverage and it was probably the worst drink I'd ever had in my life. It tasted like orange tylenol. I had to taste it twice because I couldn't believe how bad it tasted the first time.

I'm really overly conscious about the sugar in foods now. It's so hard to avoid it. I've been really obsessed with Luna bars lately, since they're so good and they claim to be so healthy. Then I look at the nutritional value and while it has lots of vitamins it had 12 grams of sugar?! A gram is freakin huge. I've weighed it on a scale. The absurd amounts of sugars in things makes me sad.

Go juice though! (with no syrup)

On another note sometimes people call a tissue a kleenex when they really don't care what brand it is. And when people say they need a tylenol/aspirin I usually assume they don't care what the actual brand is.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 03-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Also, on the topic of energy drinks, I used to love them. Now I hate them since they taste so syrupy and sugary. I'll drink one occasionally (people come on campus and hand them out to advertise) but nowadays stuff that's too sugary just makes me tired.

That's why I drink the sugar-free variants. I don't mind the taste however.

On another note sometimes people call a tissue a kleenex when they really don't care what brand it is. And when people say they need a tylenol/aspirin I usually assume they don't care what the actual brand is.

In pharmacy here, we get taught everything using the official chemical name instead of the brand names, since brand names vary from regions/countries, but drug names don't.

"Adrenaline" and "aspirin" have been used here as the official name for as long as I remember. I have never seen the brand name Aspirin here.

darkshadow
Wed, 03-17-2010, 09:44 AM
I actually always say paracetamol, though most people here call every painkiller an Aspirin too. Adrenaline is also become a pretty generic word here.
But other then those 2 I don't think people use "brandnames" as generic wording here.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 03-17-2010, 05:52 PM
I actually always say paracetamol, though most people here call every painkiller an Aspirin too. Adrenaline is also become a pretty generic word here.
But other then those 2 I don't think people use "brandnames" as generic wording here.

Only acetylsalicylic acid should ever be called aspirin.

Paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen in other weird places :p) is an entirely different thing.

darkshadow
Wed, 03-17-2010, 08:07 PM
I know, I also only use paracetamol, no acetylsalicylic acid or ibuprofen. What I meant was that most people here use Aspirin for everything.