PDA

View Full Version : Mai-Hime Destiny?

Vegechan
Wed, 05-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Anybody know anything about this picture? Could it be fake? Or can we see a real Mai-Hime2?

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/5452/maihimedestinymu4.jpg

EDIT: After doing some research I have found out that Mai-Hime Destiny is in fact real. Apparently, it's the true sequel to Mai-Hime. The Manga is slated for sometime this year, and there's rumors of the anime to follow in 2008. I haven't found any official word, just a couple forums here and there, but it looks like this is pretty real.

animus
Wed, 05-23-2007, 10:10 PM
I like how the Destiny on the logo is the exact same font as Gundam Seed' Desty's logo just different colors.

Board of Command
Wed, 05-23-2007, 10:45 PM
They should have done this instead of Otome. I didn't like Otome.

Vegechan
Wed, 05-23-2007, 10:54 PM
I agree >.> I kept wanting it to become as good as Mai Hime, and it just never reached that level of awesomeness. Shame. This holds promise though. Hell, that picture alone is better than the entire Otome series.

Church
Thu, 05-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Well, I guess that's something to look forward to...
I can't even remember what happened in Mai Hime...

Kraco
Thu, 05-24-2007, 02:20 AM
Otome was well enough. I have no complaints.

However, I do agree that Hime probably was better. Almost all of the characters were more lively and somehow worked better in Hime.

Vegechan
Thu, 05-24-2007, 07:19 AM
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Otome was bad. It just wasn't nearly as good as Mai-Hime for me. I felt it was mediocre, nothing special.

And as far was my comment about the picture being greater than Otome itself? Come on. It's Shizuru, with a katana, in a very sexy black outfit, with a very serious intent to kill. The awesome factor on that is pretty high.

Sapphire
Thu, 05-24-2007, 07:24 AM
Aww, you guys didn't like Otome? I liked it a bit better than Hime. Mai sorta pissed me off with her selfishness in Hime D: And the uniforms were weird.

Anyway, Hime was one of those animes that I didn't really appreciate until it was over. So I'm looking forward to this one if it comes.

RyougaZell
Thu, 05-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Mai Hime was good. But the ending was kinda meh... Otome was better made in those areas (excluding Zwei, which haven't been that good).

I believe Destiny was a direct indirect sequel of HiME. I mean... it was centered around other characters, some new, some others like Arika.

Anyway... don't really expect much from this manga/novel sequel... if it gets animated it will be totally different.

I mean... how many of you have read the Mai HiME or Mai Otome mangas? in HiME Natsuki battled Mai for Tate's love, and the Child was born from a HiME touching his loved one... oh and Natsuki and Alyssa were sisters... and Natsuki's mother was alive...
If any of these latter aspects remain on Destiny... expect a 100% different series.
On Otome's manga... Mashiro was dead, and replaced by a boy dressed up as a girl...

Vegechan
Thu, 05-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Mai Hime was good. But the ending was kinda meh... Otome was better made in those areas (excluding Zwei, which haven't been that good).

I don't know, I personally liked the ending. It was your stereotypical endings where everything ends up being alright in the end and all, but I still enjoyed it. Could it have been better? Yes. But I don't think it was bad.

I believe Destiny was a direct indirect sequel of HiME. I mean... it was centered around other characters, some new, some others like Arika.

I'm confused. You speak as if Destiny already came out... Has it?

Anyway... don't really expect much from this manga/novel sequel... if it gets animated it will be totally different.

I mean... how many of you have read the Mai HiME or Mai Otome mangas? in HiME Natsuki battled Mai for Tate's love, and the Child was born from a HiME touching his loved one... oh and Natsuki and Alyssa were sisters... and Natsuki's mother was alive...
If any of these latter aspects remain on Destiny... expect a 100% different series.
On Otome's manga... Mashiro was dead, and replaced by a boy dressed up as a girl...

Well, when I first saw the picture I didn't know if it was going to be an anime sequel or manga, but the image seemed more Anime-ish than manga-ish. Only later did I find out Destiny will be a manga, with possible animation rumors. I'm still excited for it, because I did read the manga and found it very enjoyable. I actually think I liked it more than the anime. It was better in some ways, in others not so much.

However, I'm sure the "anime" Destiny will be an adaptation of the story presented in the manga, just like the original Mai-Hime. They'll change things to fit the anime story more than the manga story, but still present the overall story. I mean, if they did animate Destiny, but animated it as sequel to the manga and not anime... it would be very very confusing.

RyougaZell
Thu, 05-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Dunno if its already out, or its going to be released soon but... here are more info of this novels.
http://anime.miao.us/archives/2007/05/16/1067/

And the Mai HiME manga totally deviates from the anime... its not an adaptation. Its another universe.

Mai was a HiME at first, but sold her soul to the Obsidian King (or whatever his name) that was Takumi... Reito doesn't exist. She becames a legendary QuEEN alongside another two.

Shiho, Juliet and others aren't HiME... they are PRINCESS... HiME's created genetically by Natsuki's mom. Alyssa is one.

Nagi is a demon and is beheaded by Miyu.

Tate was forced to leave Shiho when she was raped in front of him.

Haruka is a HiME.

So if Destiny is a direct sequel of this HiME... it won't get animated loyally.

TheBladeChild
Tue, 05-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Short and simple, I like Hime more then Otome.

Im sold on the picture alone, Shizuru with a Katana and that suit = awesomeness:D

Aeon
Tue, 05-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Darn I hope it's about Shizuru though I'm simply happy it takes place with Hime as the setting and not Otome.