PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 14

Death13a
Thu, 05-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Naruto episode 14 by Rasengan:
http://www.rasengan.net/%5BRasengan%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_014_%5BBD20F7C8%5 D.avi.torrent

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 05-17-2007, 07:55 PM
http://www.rasengan.net/%5BRasengan%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_014_%5BBD20F7C8%5 D.avi.torrent

Ok if this is a virus I am going to be pissed!

Mr. Roboto
Thu, 05-17-2007, 08:01 PM
i thought it was a good episode, although it seemed shorter than usual. the switching from one fight to another was kind of annoying. i think it would have been better to focus on one fight at a time but that's just a preference. it's a shame that the rasengan fansub didn't include the preview. i guess that's part of the trade off for speed.

i liked how they did a flashback to the training with jiraiya to show how naruto learned how to deal with genjutsu. i wonder if they are going to use that throughout the series to show how naruto progressed during the time skip. it was very interesting that itachi said that he couldn't use mangekyou sharingan at the moment. this must have been what kakashi was talking about in the last episode, obviously he knows something that itachi didn't think he would have known.

it was such a tease to see gai release the gates and then have the fight in this episode end with him chasing kisame up those water spouts. i guess it was inevitable that gai would have to use that technique since kisame is really strong opponent. he's lucky that neji broke out of the water prison and released everyone else. at least they will be able to help him when crashes from the over exertion from releasing the gates.

burnout
Thu, 05-17-2007, 08:29 PM

:confused: :confused: Why isnt it working???:confused: :confused:

Teki
Thu, 05-17-2007, 09:04 PM
http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/ns014.torrent

DB's version :D

animus
Thu, 05-17-2007, 09:07 PM
You people need to learn that there's an Open URL function in your bittorrent clients where you copy the link of the torrent into it.

Idealistic
Thu, 05-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Umm.... This episode was alright. Why is the episode named "Naruto's Growth" when you barely see him. It should've been called something to do with Gai releasing his gates.

And what is up with Kisame and Gai running side by side facing each other? I see that in like every anime and see no point in that. Also when Kisame made that water clone and Gai quickly touched it with his nunchuck.. LOL... that was horrible..

Plus.... Did Neji and Lee really have to use some moves on those water clones? lol? They could've just punched or kicked them? I can see Neji doing his move to release the prison, but Lee?

Progress is slow as usual.. But that's how it should be I guess. Naruto still seems to be in the genjutsu and next episode looks pretty weird with Sakura and Kakashi all popping out of Naruto. And then you see Gaara's eye and Sasuke's seal level 2 form.

Shouldn't learning how to release Genjutsu be like part of the basics in ninja academy? lol... I'm amazed Naruto just recently learned it during his training with Jiraiya... But now we can say his training with Jiraiya didn't go to waste.

Jeff_from_MD
Thu, 05-17-2007, 10:52 PM
first big series of punches thrown, and they bring out the bad animators for this one..?? >.<

Though for whatever weird crane stance they're showing Gai doing in the air there, hopefully it'll be one of the quality animated episodes they have reserved.

animus
Thu, 05-17-2007, 11:01 PM
I really thought they should've shown some variety to Gai. Sure the nunchuks were nice, but him initiating the Gate Releases was something we've already seen, and were kind of expecting. Oh well, him openning the 6th gate allowed the ability to free his pupils.

itadakimasu
Thu, 05-17-2007, 11:39 PM
I really liked seeing gai in action although i expected it to go a little further. I want to see him own kisame. Animus : I dont think gai has released aside from in the one filler ep where they were fighting the wooden things and he and rock lee both released at same time.

anyhow...I also noticed that i seemed a little short, i dunno why. I looked @ 18:30 to see how far into it i was since naruto doesn't have any mid point break like bleach does. awesome ep though, and next week hopefully we get to see gai finish owning kisame.

Assertn
Fri, 05-18-2007, 12:09 AM
I really liked seeing gai in action although i expected it to go a little further. I want to see him own kisame. Animus : I dont think gai has released aside from in the one filler ep where they were fighting the wooden things and he and rock lee both released at same time.
Ugh are you serious? I really liked this part in the manga since it was the first time seeing Gai unlock gates for us.

ody
Fri, 05-18-2007, 12:39 AM
I haven't seen a good animated episode of Naruto since Gaara vs Rock Lee.

The Naruto vs Sasuke fight was cool but a different style.

Sadly, I won't keep my hopes up of seeing an awesome fight scene in the near future =/.

ASSpirine
Fri, 05-18-2007, 03:52 AM
I had a feeling it was very short episode, this only meand I was so intrigued because it was quite an interesting ep.

Gai hitting (tapping) the mizu bunshin, lol. Found it kinda funny, much better than the, who are you bits. By the way, didn't Gai release 1 more gate than Lee? Can't remember Lee doing more then 5.

And the Kai (release) of Naruto is frickin big one. Whilst Sakura or any other shinobi just puts there hands together and focus whil saying kai, Naruto has to do it big. :p

DB_Hunter
Fri, 05-18-2007, 11:30 AM
I would have thought getting rid of the training weights would come before releasing the gates. Maybe Gai figured it would be quicker to release the gates than to get his socks off.

I the episode was good overall. Again the cut between two fights is annoying. They should build up to one fight and then finish it off before moving on to the next one. I can't see how this is extending the life of the anime vis a vis the manga, its just irritating.

Oh well, seems despite Naruto's release he still hasn't fully shaken off Itachi's genjutsu.

Animeniax
Fri, 05-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Pretty good episode. The filler elaboration of Naruto's training during the time skip is perfect and very well done (it is filler, isn't it?). Naruto finally being able to dispel genjutsu really shows some development of the character. Looks like Itachi turns it up a notch in the next episode.

The fight between Gai and Kisame was ok, but it was cool to see how many techniques Kisame (or any Akatsuki) has, and his (their) ability to perform so many of them in one battle.

Once again, Tenten shows how useless she is. And why didn't Gai attack the water clones sooner to free his teammates? And why did Neji have to wait so long to free them?

bbaucom: I hope you are disappointed because there should be no way Gai owns Kisame. He might be able to force him to retreat, but not own him.

Episode rating: B-

ASSpirine
Fri, 05-18-2007, 12:26 PM
I also wondered, it remember distinctly that during the Hokage battle (The first and the second hokage fighting the third) they said that only the first or the second could make water appear form nowhere. Creating water was a huge jutsu that the first or the second could only do.

As I don't seem to see any lake or river nearby and seeing that there's water coming from Kisame's mouth. Must mean he has mastered that jutsu?

EDIT: It was the second hokage who could do that.

boilerph
Fri, 05-18-2007, 12:36 PM
I also wondered, it remember distinctly that during the Hokage battle (The first and the second hokage fighting the third) they said that only the first or the second could make water appear form nowhere. Creating water was a huge jutsu that the first or the second could only do.

As I don't seem to see any lake or river nearby and seeing that there's water coming from Kisame's mouth. Must mean he has mastered that jutsu?

EDIT: It was the second hokage who could do that.

The Hokage specific talent in that fight was the ability to create wood not water. The impressive thinng about waht the second did was that he did a high level water jutsu without there being any source of water nearby. Kisame was not able to do this, he had to provide himself with a water source.

animus
Fri, 05-18-2007, 01:11 PM
The Hokage specific talent in that fight was the ability to create wood not water. The impressive thinng about waht the second did was that he did a high level water jutsu without there being any source of water nearby. Kisame was not able to do this, he had to provide himself with a water source.

If you think about it, it only took 1 more step. The 2nd starting with a high level water attack, and Kisame making his own water with no water source nearby and then using high level water jutsu's. They sound pretty much the same, or atleast very similiar.

Augury
Fri, 05-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Well, the water that is here now is from Kisame, not a natural source like a lake or river. Isn't that just as impressive as the 2nd?

@DBHunter: I don't think Gai or Lee are wearing weights. Like you said, taking off weights before releasing gates is a logical progression. They're also on a difficult mission, not training.

I'll also echo a few others: the episode seemed short and Gai hitting the water clone was funny. Actually, the entire Gai vs Kisame fight feels more humourous than deadly.

Parkalash
Fri, 05-18-2007, 02:53 PM
The people talking about Gai's weights in this and the Episode 13 thread.. I want to know where in the anime do they menition, or show that Gai is carrying weights like lee does... would be nice to see, sence i skipped some filler episode's;)

BioAlien
Fri, 05-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Wow.. this episode sucked from my point of view, the title is "Naruto's Growth" and yet all we see from him, is that he learned how to dispel Genjutsu, just.. wow... :(

At least there was some action on the Gai team:p , is it normal that Gai skin wasn't all red after releasing six gates?:confused:

Uzumaki
Fri, 05-18-2007, 03:55 PM
They ruined what could have been a great moment (Gai's gates) with poor animation and for me atleast, the music isn't what it used to be either. Don't know wtf happened really, Gai said there's no more time left because of Tenten, indicating he needed to save her and the others. So he releases his gates and jumps into the air after fish face? Where is the saving Tenten bit? Neji could have done whatever he did sooner, I assume he hit a weak part of the bubble with his 64 hit combo to break it, so what was the point in us seeing inside Neji's body (chakra systems), I thought he was going to release gates too or something seeing as that's exactly what they showed with Gai moments before. Other bad moments, already mentioned was Gais quick tap of the water clone with his Nunchuks but Rock Lee's Konoha Senpu kick was messed up, wtf where those lights coming out of Kisame?

This anime needs fixing TBH.

Assertn
Fri, 05-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Why should the 2nd Hokage be more impressive than Kisame, anyway? The 2nd was probably the least interesting amongst all the Hokages....

sl00ke
Fri, 05-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Why should the 2nd Hokage be more impressive than Kisame, anyway? The 2nd was probably the least interesting amongst all the Hokages....

and why do u say thaT?

i think each hokage holds a deep mystery and is interesting

Mizuchi
Fri, 05-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Im going to say the same thing that I did in my last post about shippuuden 13. Rewatch episodes 49 and 50 when Lee releases his chackra gates. When he did that, it just made me melt in amazement at how cool it was, and there was so much emotion in it.

When I saw Gai open his gates, there was NO emotion in it at all. The animation was terrible, the story behind it is terrible, the music is terrible, and its just very poorly written and produced. I liked the old naruto a lot better, this isnt even the same series. Nothing is done the same. It's way too caught up in trying to avoid fillers that they are dropping the quality to filler itself.

I give two thumbs down to shippuuden. RIP original naruto, we shall all miss you dearly.

sl00ke
Fri, 05-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Im going to say the same thing that I did in my last post about shippuuden 13. Rewatch episodes 49 and 50 when Lee releases his chackra gates. When he did that, it just made me melt in amazement at how cool it was, and there was so much emotion in it.

When I saw Gai open his gates, there was NO emotion in it at all. The animation was terrible, the story behind it is terrible, the music is terrible, and its just very poorly written and produced. I liked the old naruto a lot better, this isnt even the same series. Nothing is done the same. It's way too caught up in trying to avoid fillers that they are dropping the quality to filler itself.

I give two thumbs down to shippuuden. RIP original naruto, we shall all miss you dearly.

well i dont think there should be much emotion when Gai opens his gates, imo thats whats to be expected from a jounin who specialize in taijutsu after all..
tension from the ep it self however...was non-existent =)

DB_Hunter
Fri, 05-18-2007, 06:17 PM
I think all this is easily solvable if they stop employing this stupid tactic of showing two fights at once. As soon as emotion and tension starts to build in one fight the switch away from it to another. Maybe they are trying to produce the cliffhanger effect, but it sure isn't working.

sl00ke
Fri, 05-18-2007, 06:23 PM
agreed, they should stop this silly switch between fights thingy -.-

is it bcuz they afraid of catching up to the manga again they make it so slow lol?

scuze me for this bad english, ima kinda drunk :>

DB_Hunter
Fri, 05-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Regarding why Itachi may not be able to use Mangekyou Sharingan on Naruto... it could be that Naruto is fighting a Kage Bunshin of Itachi. Imagine if Kage Bunshin's could use Mangekyou Sharingan... the whole ninja world would be screwed.

sl00ke
Fri, 05-18-2007, 06:34 PM
lol well isnt that possible since each kage bunshin shares the amount of chakra equally amongst them selves, ie naruto with his insane chakra can make almost a duplicate of himself that can do the same jutsus and everything :O

StillAlive
Fri, 05-18-2007, 08:32 PM
As I'm growing to get used to the slow pace of naruto shippuuden, I think this episode was quite decent. The story progress was a bit small but we got to see some nice Gai action scenes I'd say.

Regarding why Itachi may not be able to use Mangekyou Sharingan on Naruto... it could be that Naruto is fighting a Kage Bunshin of Itachi. Imagine if Kage Bunshin's could use Mangekyou Sharingan... the whole ninja world would be screwed.
I think it's pretty obvious that he can't use Mangekyou Sharingan due to the fact that he reserves a lot of chakra to suck away Gaara's power.

...Neji could have done whatever he did sooner, I assume he hit a weak part of the bubble...
I guess he was only able to do this because Gai diverted Kisame with his gate release.

RyougaZell
Fri, 05-18-2007, 10:18 PM
At least this episode will shut up those that said that Naruto was very stupid and saw Itachi to the eyes last episode.

masamuneehs
Fri, 05-18-2007, 11:55 PM
...Naruto used his brain, that's good. The Genjutsu was pretty cool, so was Neji finally acting like someone deserving of Jounin rank... Gai no-nonsensely smacking the water clone, priceless. Everything else? Pretty lackluster.

I don't want to jump on the hate train, but I was pretty disappointed with this episode too. Like others have said, there's just nothing inspiring emotion when I watch Gai release his gates or even Naruto break the Genjutsu. It's very hard to say if animation or music or what exactly has failed, but the excitement just isn't the same... Well, it's still sorta entertaining, and I want to see what happens with the story... Guess it's just best to hope for something better next time.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-19-2007, 12:05 AM
I loved Gai's backhand nunchuck strike into water clone. It just amused me. It's like "Haha, sneaking up behind you with clone!" *bap*

At least this episode will shut up those that said that Naruto was very stupid and saw Itachi to the eyes last episode.Yeah, we're such douchebags for not being manga readers and knowing that already.

And on the subject of Naruto and stupid. I kept picturing this hypothetical exchange between Naruto and Jiraya when teaching Naruto to release Genjitsu.

J: "Okay, you need to shut off all the chakra to your brain."

N: "WAY ahead of you."

Assertn
Sat, 05-19-2007, 12:34 AM
hahaha.....DarthEnder.....

Yeah.....I think it was the music that killed the Gai's gates scene for me.....
Lee's music was so much more powerful.

?igma
Sat, 05-19-2007, 05:51 AM
I miss the old days :E

RyougaZell
Sat, 05-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Yeah, we're such douchebags for not being manga readers and knowing that already.

."

WTF is your problem?
Last week everybody assumed Kakashi had gotten Mangekyou from a simple conversation.
And that Itachi was getting blind because a POV had a dark spot on it.

So when Itachi raised his finger... why couldn't it be obvious it was when he casted the Genjutsu?
Everybody was saying Naruto was an ass for seeing his eyes, when all his POV we saw never saw Itachi's face.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-19-2007, 10:44 AM
So when Itachi raised his finger... why couldn't it be obvious it was when he casted the Genjutsu?Because it wasn't.

That's like saying, "Oop, he took a step. He cast a genjutsu with his foot!" "Uh oh! He spoke! Voice Genjutsu!" "He breathed on him! Everyhings an illusion now!"

It's the first time they've ever used this "Gay Nail Polish of Mind Fuck".

Animeniax
Sat, 05-19-2007, 10:45 AM
WTF is your problem?
His problem is he's a douchebag. He says it right there dude. He even apologizes for it. Sheesh.

As dumb as Naruto has been portrayed for most of the 230+ episodes, it's only logical that we assume he did a dumb thing like looking into Itachi's eyes even after Kakashi said not to. This is a pleasant surprise indeed that he was tricked instead, because it shows he has grown in skill and intelligence, and thus "Naruto's Growth".

miyama_ryu
Sat, 05-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Well, considering Gai's fight was only like one page of the manga. I think they did an alright job considering the limited material they had to work with. The animation is a little crap I agree but that is only because they are saving money to kick ass in the main fight.

animus
Sat, 05-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Because it wasn't.

That's like saying, "Oop, he took a step. He cast a genjutsu with his foot!" "Uh oh! He spoke! Voice Genjutsu!" "He breathed on him! Everyhings an illusion now!"

It's the first time they've ever used this "Gay Nail Polish of Mind Fuck".

Wait, I thought he reflected the genjutsu off his ring.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 05-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Dude, he says he can cast it with his fingers, not rings. That would be a serious LOTR rip off if it was.

ASSpirine
Sat, 05-19-2007, 12:29 PM
If you think about it, it only took 1 more step. The 2nd starting with a high level water attack, and Kisame making his own water with no water source nearby and then using high level water jutsu's. They sound pretty much the same, or atleast very similiar.

Actually, he could use any fluids possible, in his case it's always water. First to create water and then do a high level jutsu. I find it quite impressive. But the amount of water, that's what's kinda insane. He like barfed out an entire frickin ocean :D

Also, it kinda reminded me of The storm riders (the movie with Aaron Kwok, etc..) Him also using water as a powerfull assault weapon. In case of emergency and a lack of water, you just rip off an arm and there you'll have your fluid to do a jutsu. :p

Nintendo
Sat, 05-19-2007, 12:30 PM
As masamuneehs said (I don't want to jump on the hate train, but I was pretty disappointed with this episode too. Like others have said, there's just nothing inspiring emotion when I watch Gai release his gates or even Naruto break the Genjutsu. It's very hard to say if animation or music or what exactly has failed, but the excitement just isn't the same) but i think it is becouse of the new music,the fighting track like at Gai's fight was good but not like old ones while the gaara music was epic and great and also i think it is mainly coz of stretching the story too much i think that 1st series of naruto (non fillers) were more tense than now coz the episodes have alot going on like sasuke rescue arc.

Mizuchi
Sat, 05-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Wait, I thought he reflected the genjutsu off his ring.

omfg. why the fuck do you post in these forums if your a manga reader.

If anyone would like to take a look by clicking his name and clicking "find more posts by this user", you'll see he posts in the manga section.

Animus, you and any other manga reader reading this post, seriously, gtfo of the anime threads. Im not joking, nobody cares about your amazing insight on how things really turn out. Your ruining the show for everyone else, including myself, so seriously get a life and find something better to do.

animus
Sat, 05-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Watch the anime you moron. There's a giant fucking closeup shot of his hand, as well as his ring. He even fucking says "I can also activate one with this finger." And "I'll have you in my grasp soon enough." With Naruto responding "At that time-!". Maybe you should rewatch your shit before you prove yourself to be a bigger dumbass than we already know you to be. I've already forgotten all these smidgeling little details that happen in the manga that I've read 2 years ago, so don't be such an idiot, and think for once.

Mizuchi
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Watch the anime you moron. There's a giant fucking closeup shot of his hand, as well as his ring. He even fucking says "I can also activate one with this finger." And "I'll have you in my grasp soon enough." With Naruto responding "At that time-!". Maybe you should rewatch your shit before you prove yourself to be a bigger dumbass than we already know you to be. I've already forgotten all these smidgeling little details that happen in the manga that I've read 2 years ago, so don't be such an idiot, and think for once.

Do you notice even one person assume that he uses his ring to reflect the genjutsu? no. Sure they show it by emphasizing the ring a little, but NO ONE ELSE NOTICED IT. No one cares about your opinion on this because you already know whats going to happen. We all know you have nothing better to do than to spoil this series for other people, but you should seriously spend a little money on some plastic surgery and a therapist so maybe, just maybe, you could get friends and a life.

You seriously need to get the fuck out of these threads. Nobody wants to know a manga reader's opinion here, and im sure everybody else agrees with me on that. now please, gtfo.

Darthmoe
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:03 PM
i agree with Mizuchi, manga readers such as yourself, animus, should stay the fuck out of these discussions because you obviously know things we dont. You won't forget stuff like that in two years. Hell, i even remember little details from this anime from 3 years ago when i started watching it.

animus
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm pretty sure no one else wants an idiot with down syndrome's opinion on anything either. If you seriously didn't notice the fucking ring and the usual Naruto's defying law of physics, it should've been obvious that he used the ring. Because you sure can use genjutsu with a finger, and no seals with him not looking him in the eyes.

Edit @ Darthmoe: Because you remembering shit from 3 years ago, means I have to remember shit from 3 years ago amirite? It's easy to forget, seeing as how I didn't care enough to remember how he got caught in the genjutsu back then, so I could give a shit less about remembering it.

Mizuchi
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm pretty sure no one else wants an idiot with down syndrome's opinion on anything either. If you seriously didn't notice the fucking ring and Naruto's defying law of physics, it should've been obvious that he used the ring. Because you sure can use genjutsu with a finger, and no seals.

No, i didnt. NO ONE ELSE NOTICED EITHER you fucking moron.

Because you sure can use genjutsu with a finger, and no seals.
That is what brings the mystery to the whole fucking series you idiot. We all thought you can't use genjutsu with just one finger, thats why when Itachi did it, everyone probably thought, WOW itachi is wicked good if he can do it with just one finger, but i still dont believe that, he mustve done something to trick naruto.

It gets people thinking and wondering, which adds to the suspense, even if the answer is "obvious". Nobody wants the obvious things pointed out to them, and nobody wants you in these threads, so stfu and gtfo.

Edit @ Darthmoe: Because you remembering shit from 3 years ago, means I have to remember shit from 3 years ago amirite?

I remember details like that too. Its not hard unless your mentally retarded. Then again, that may be exactly why you dont remember. Or you just have no friends and like to spoil the series.

Get this through your head. We do not want manga readers in these threads. If you like to discuss Naruto, then do it in the manga threads. But seriously, stay the fuck out of these.

Animeniax
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Uh oh, looks like someone posted a spoiler from the manga. For shame!! So Itachi uses his ring to reflect his genjutsu? I'd never have guessed except it was spoiled for me by some manga-reader. Oh well.

animus
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Did you read the thread? Only a number of people even cared enough about how Naruto got caught in the genjutsu to even speculate, because it was obvious. Anime defies shit all the time, example you see shit like Zoro deflecting Noro Noro beams in One Piece. Naruto eyed the ring straight on. I might be a fucking genius, but I don't think something as simple that can be so easily speculated warrants to be called a spoiler. I don't even fucking remember if that's how it went down in the manga.

If you don't want the obvious things pointed out, you should stay out of this fucking thread. The most obvious things in the world are pointed out in these discussion threads every single fucking week.

You do not need to be mentally retarded to not remember shit from 3 years ago. People have selective memories. Do you remember the name of Zabuza's employer during the Tazuna arc? I'm pretty sure you don't and I don't either. And don't go and pull up google to look up that shit either.

You're a big man, pulling the friends card hiding behind the anonymity that is known as the internet. You really demonstrated how much your opinion matters.

Darthmoe
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Yeah animus, i don't see anyone else backing your claims. I'm pretty sure that any non-manga reader will agree with us, itachi reflecting genjustu off his ring is NOT obvious.

Mizuchi
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Did you read the thread? Only a number of people even cared enough about how Naruto got caught in the genjutsu to even speculate, because it was obvious. Anime defies shit all the time, example you see shit like Zoro deflecting Noro Noro beams in One Piece. Naruto eyed the ring straight on. If you don't want the obvious things pointed out, you should stay out of this fucking thread. The most obvious things in the world are pointed out in these discussion threads every single fucking week.

You do not need to be mentally retarded to not remember shit from 3 years ago. People have selective memories. Do you remember the name of Zabuza's employer during the Tazuna arc? I'm pretty sure you don't.

You're a big man, pulling the friends card hiding behind the anonymity that is known as the internet. You really demonstrated how much your opinion matters.

Thats just a name, this isnt a name, this a big part that I wouldve liked the figure out on my own. I do remember that zabuza had an assistant, and that the assistant could make ice mirrors as a blood line. This is just like that.

Do you not understand that nobody wants manga readers like you here, and nobody wants mentally retarded ugly 12-year-olds with no lives here. so far, 2 other people have posted since my first post here, and both of them have agreed with me that you dont belong here. If you ask anyone else too, they will agree with me.

Now please, ill ask you another time, stop arguing, admit that you are wrong, and get the fuck out of these forums.

animus
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:22 PM
And him point a finger at you makes it a more possible assumption that he initiated the genjutsu? If that's the case, Kakashi could've pointed at Itachi and put him into genjutsu.

I wasn't the one to start the arguement, and started flaming. If you look at my posts and your posts, it's easily distinguishable whose less mature. Your need to personally attack someone when you're behind the internet means you have issues. I have no need to call you something I don't know about you, like your appearance. But I do know that you're dumb as shit.

Mizuchi
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:24 PM
And him point a finger at you makes it a more possible assumption that he initiated the genjutsu? If that's the case, Kakashi could've pointed at Itachi and put him into genjutsu.

The laws of genjutsu were never completely pointed out with set rules, and even if they were, Itachi is someone who is likely to break them.

1) We dont want to know whats "obvious", we want to figure it out for ourselves.

2) This was NOT obvious at all, as stated by two other people who agree with me.

3) No one wants you here. Seriously, Shut The Fuck Up And Get The Fuck Out.

I wasn't the one to start the arguement, and started flaming. If you look at my posts and your posts, it's easily distinguishable whose less mature. Your need to personally attack someone when you're behind the internet means you have issues. I have no need to call you something I don't know about you, like your appearance. But I do know that you're dumb as shit.

I know. I did start the argument, because you were being a manga prophet, which is against the rules. Im not attacking you because of how you look, but because you majorly spoiled this for me.

You seriously need to realize and admit when your wrong, or else you will continue to have no friends. One more time, get the fuck out of these threads.

animus
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:30 PM
I thought it was obvious. Clearly I have better perception than you do. He could've used his left hand and pointed, but then again maybe he likes to point with his right hand, since he's right handed. Maybe he could've pointed his foot towards them and entranced him in a genjutsu. There's many assumptions that can be made, I just made the one that's CLEARLY the most obvious one. One being, a close up of the ring, and then a zoomed out picture of his hand, and two he says "I can also activate one with this finger." You do not see him pointing a finger then. All you see then is his whole hand with the ring, stretched out.

You can flame all you want, and prove how stupid you really are. But please, rewatch the anime and use some common sense.

Mizuchi
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:33 PM
I thought it was obvious. Clearly I have better perception than you do. He could've used his left hand and pointed, but then again maybe he likes to point with his right hand, since he's right handed. Maybe he could've pointed his foot towards them and entranced him in a genjutsu. There's many assumptions that can be made, I just made the one that's CLEARLY the most obvious one. One being, a close up of the ring, and then a zoomed out picture of his hand, and two he says "I can also activate it with this finger." You do not see him pointing a finger then. All you see then is his whole hand with the ring, stretched out.

You can flame all you want, and prove how stupid you really are. But please, rewatch the anime and use some common sense.

For the last fucking time, NO ONE ELSE NOTICED EXCEPT YOU, and no one else reads the manga EXCEPT YOU. That isnt a coincidence you fucking moron. Ill tell you again, just shut the fuck up right now and get out of the anime threads.

animus
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Look at the anime again, rewatch that scene. Tell me again how stupid you are. Please, do it. I'll even give you the time stamp. It's at 7:36 for the Rasengan encoded Episode 15. I really want to see you make yourself look dumber and dumber you shit for brains. I won't be back for a bit. Since according to you I have no life. I will be going outside right now. Where there's sun. So you can flame me until I can respond. If it's really that, a moderator will warn me for spoiling. Simple. You don't need to be the judge of it and you have no power either.

Darthmoe
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Animus, it is pretty ridiculous for you to claim that you have "better perception" when you are a god damn MANGA READER. Do you not understand what we are trying to say?

Mizuchi
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Look at the anime again, rewatch that scene. Tell me again how stupid you are. Please, do it. I'll even give you the time stamp. It's at 7:36 for the Rasengan encoded Episode 15. I really want to see you make yourself look dumber and dumber you shit for brains. I won't be back for a bit. Since according to you I have no life. I will be going outside right now. Where there's sun. So you can flame me until I can respond. If it's really that, a moderator will warn me for spoiling. Simple. You don't need to be the judge of it and you have no power either.

Look how many people are on my side. Look how many people are on yours.

Just chill out for a second and look at what we are trying to say.

Nobody who doesnt read the manga figured that out. You, who does read the manga, did figure it out. Now that we thnk about it, that IS the most likely thing that would happen. But we didn't want to know that. We dont want people who read the manga point things out to anime readers, we want there to be suspense. So please, stop posting here. Nobody wants you to, and its not that fun, so please just stop and gtfo now.

darkmetal505
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Lots of hate :( .

Mizuchi, there is indeed a big grey area between knowing what is going to happen and guessing. However, just because only Animus noticed it doesn't mean it is a spoiler. It just means he thinks deeper into the mechanics than a regular watcher. Heck, when I think about it now, it makes a lot more sense.

If it was a spoiler, it would have been removed by now, no?

RyougaZell
Sat, 05-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Other bad moments, already mentioned was Gais quick tap of the water clone with his Nunchuks but Rock Lee's Konoha Senpu kick was messed up, wtf where those lights coming out of Kisame?

This anime needs fixing TBH.

Unless they meant for the light to show 'speed' it indeed looks weird.
Oh... and it wasn't Konoha Senpuu. According to the subs it was another variation -> Konoha Dai Senpuu.

Crash
Sat, 05-19-2007, 03:39 PM
The ring makes sense, even more so since it came from a manga reader i suppose. But if you guys want some doubt casted your way i'll oblige. When Kakashi fought Itachi the first time Itachi was able to form seals with one hand so quickly that Kakashi was barely able to notice the movement, even with his sharingan activated. So it's possible that he simply formed the seals for the genjutsu so quickly that Naruto couldnt see him do it and the whole "i can cast it with one finger" bit is simply a way to screw with Naruto's head. That was my thinking when i first watched before this whole forum drama with the ring came up anyway.

ASSpirine
Sat, 05-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Damnit people, I come to this forum to talk and speculate about the Naruto anime. Not for some hate love relationship between manga readers and anime watchers. Can't you open another thread to discuss this? This way, there's not much discussing but more shouting and screaming.

I don't like the spoilers either, but everytime it's the same discussion.

Parkalash
Sat, 05-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Oh my god the attittude people have against eachother in the episode thread's week after week.. the discussion's rly makes me feel bad :( all the thing's people call eachother ect And yes i do read the manga..

Assertn
Sat, 05-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Everyone needs to shut up.......

Animus's assumption about Itachi using his ring to reflect a genjutsu is not any more informed than the rest of you, even though he's read the manga. We may be alot farther in the story than the anime-only viewers, but there are still PLENTY of elements that we can mutually speculate on.

If I see any more flaming in here, I'm going to have to start giving out warnings.

NM
Sat, 05-19-2007, 04:41 PM
THAT'S ENOUGH.

I can't believe that there's a whole page of this anime watchers vs. manga readers bullshit. It's ending. It ends right now. I've checked the chapter that the anime is on right now for reference and there is nothing about this whole ring reflection thing that animus speculated about. Mizuchi, your only assuming he spoiled because he posts in the manga section.

Mizuchi and Animeniax, both of you are getting temp banned. Mizuchi for the unecessary flaming and Animeniax for trying to fan the flame war. DarthMoe is getting a warning.

GET BACK ON TOPIC NOW

If I see anymore of this anime watchers vs. manga readers crap going on, then more warnings/bans will be given out. It's as simple as that people.

EDIT: Dammit Assertn, you posted faster than me!

boilerph
Sat, 05-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Well to try and get back on topic.....For everyone knocking Neji for not breaking out of the water prison earlier, remember that Kakashi was caught in one before and was unable to break out. Judging from the comment about Kisame's chakra level I would bet that one of his clones is at least as powerful as Zabuza was.

Also, I can't believe people didn't like the Gai water clone smack down. I was cracking up when he did that. Yeh it's kind of cheesy but thats what his character is there for.

ASSpirine
Sat, 05-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Well to try and get back on topic.....For everyone knocking Neji for not breaking out of the water prison earlier, remember that Kakashi was caught in one before and was unable to break out. Judging from the comment about Kisame's chakra level I would bet that one of his clones is at least as powerful as Zabuza was.

Also, I can't believe people didn't like the Gai water clone smack down. I was cracking up when he did that. Yeh it's kind of cheesy but thats what his character is there for.

I just found it odd that you could drown in the water prison, OK, it would be logical when it happens. But how long was Kakashi in the water prison when Zabuza trapped him? It did took a while before he got released. Not only that, Kakashi was shouting when he got caught, so he even had less breath...

When Neji used his byakugan it felt similar to when they got trapped in Jiroubou's doton jutsu. He was looking for weak spots, but I didn't see any in the water prison.

JaySee
Sat, 05-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Pretty good episode. The filler elaboration of Naruto's training during the time skip is perfect and very well done (it is filler, isn't it?). Naruto finally being able to dispel genjutsu really shows some development of the character. Looks like Itachi turns it up a notch in the next episode.
HAHA! The guy who doesn't want people to tell the differences from Manga/Anime asks if the training was filler.

No, it wasn't filler.

The animation of Gai's fight was atrocious. The whole stabbing attacks with a set of nunchukus thing was ridiculous.

It bugged me that Lee was yelling in the bubble wasting his breath.

I'm starting to agree with everyone that shippuuden is dragging in a very bad way. They could drag it out so much better.

Assertn
Sat, 05-19-2007, 07:01 PM
I just found it odd that you could drown in the water prison
yeah.......I didn't think you could drown in the water prison either......

RyougaZell
Sat, 05-19-2007, 07:38 PM
*sigh*
the anime team totally screwed on that one...

I hope my post doesn't ensure more flaming, since this already happened, and I won't be posting anything new.

Tenten never 'almost drowned' in the manga. It was added by the anime team, and created a big plothole.

Parkalash
Sat, 05-19-2007, 07:41 PM
the whole water prison drowning thing, yes it's kinda confuseing my guesss is that's something we will never get a clear answer for, its just another mystery a long the road with other thing's that has occured in the world of naruto.. im just gonna ignore it and keep on enjoying the show, with nice action and a good story along with a new good soundtrack :D i just find its something that aint worth cearing so much about:p coz if i did i would end up with a lsit of.. say 100 things that aint correct in anyway in the seres ;)

animus
Sat, 05-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Even though it didn't happen to Kakashi, it's probably more realistic or probable if you think about it. Trapped in a orb of water, there's no source of oxygen, so it's a more fitting use for such a technique, a slow death while encased rather than just immobilization for a period of time.

rockmanj
Sun, 05-20-2007, 01:24 AM
I actually do remember Itachi saying he can use his finger to cast genjutsu...which kinda makes no sense, but whatever...it was there. And yea, that animation was kinda sub-par. Maybe the studio's used up their budget on filler :\, and i guess the whole drownign thing was to show how weak tenten is. what is she anyway, a chunin??

KCMmmmm
Sun, 05-20-2007, 01:54 AM
Hmmmm, Ten Ten is weak. Her main method of attack consists of throwing hundreds of kunais, a weapon that (as far as I can remember) has never managed to hit an enemy critically when thrown. I have to say "when thrown", because Naruto did mess Gaara up with a kunai/exploding tag using Kakashi's 1000's years of pain (or is my memory off a bit). I only bring that up to speculate that Ten Ten, having supposedly specialized in a certain weapon type is less efficient with one than Naruto. Really....I wish they would fix her character soon.

On the other hand, watching Jiraiya teach Naruto to dispel genjutsu was the unexpected highlight of the episode for me....besides of course Gai's hilarious attack on that water clone.

By the way, I hate the fact that the show never once explained the limitations of Genjutsu, and yet expects us to be amazed at Itachi's ability to inflict one with a mere finger. Maybe if we'd heard nobody else can do it, we might be impressed....but it really wasn't a surprise to see how Naruto got caught, when we were never told how to get caught by one in the first place (besides a Sharingan-induced genjutsu, of course.)

ASSpirine
Sun, 05-20-2007, 03:37 AM
Yeah, I really hope, for Ten Ten's sake, that she learned some new tricks... Like I said in an earlier thread, can't see Kisame being hit by a kunai from Ten Ten. Just can't see it happen...

How the hell did she got to be a chuunin? Ok, she can use scrolls. At least she can do THAT. Luckily Neji en Lee talked about her being weak, cause she didn't train enough. So they know, and gave her a little hard time about it. And of course Kishimoto knows. Hopefully they'll do something about that.

Psyke
Sun, 05-20-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm a manga reader too, but I'll take extra care not to let people suspect that I'm spoiling when I'm actually just speculating.

You guys need to realise that Genjitsu doesn't require the opponent to look into the users eyes. There are instances to show that there are other ways to let the opponent fall into Genjustu. It's only the Uchihas who specialises in the Sharingan, which activates Genjutsu through their eyes. So, it's definately possible that the Genjutsu that Naruto is in was activatated by seals instead.

However, the reflection theory was really cool and I think I'm quite slow in not realising that it was a possibility.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 05-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Actually I think he did make a seal in the middle of all that talking with Kakashi. It was at the point when Kakashi warned everyone not to look in to Itachi's eyes.

Idealistic
Sun, 05-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Actually I think he did make a seal in the middle of all that talking with Kakashi. It was at the point when Kakashi warned everyone not to look in to Itachi's eyes.

Most likely... I mean back when Itachi and Kisame first came to Konoha... Itachi did a jutsu by just taking out some ninja stars. I think it said it's because he's too fast to be seen or something like that. But that makes him godly. Perhaps his eyes probably make it look like he's fast.

ASSpirine
Sun, 05-20-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm a manga reader too, but I'll take extra care not to let people suspect that I'm spoiling when I'm actually just speculating.

You guys need to realise that Genjitsu doesn't require the opponent to look into the users eyes. There are instances to show that there are other ways to let the opponent fall into Genjustu. It's only the Uchihas who specialises in the Sharingan, which activates Genjutsu through their eyes. So, it's definately possible that the Genjutsu that Naruto is in was activatated by seals instead.

However, the reflection theory was really cool and I think I'm quite slow in not realising that it was a possibility.

It had occured before in the series. When Kurenai went behind Asuma's back and started her genjutsu against Itachi. No eyes met there.

RyougaZell
Sun, 05-20-2007, 06:07 PM
And Kabuto's genjutsu during the Chuunin Exam Finals. It put most of the present asleep.

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-21-2007, 07:29 AM
Great episode IMO, pretty damn evil cliffhanger there.
I really loved the music that started when Gai released the gates and Neji got the kids out of the bubbles and stuff. It would have been perfect if Neji & Tenten kissed each other when Ten said "thank you"! Didn't you see that loving glare?! Oh yeah. Neji is so hot.

Oh and Mizuchi is hilariously retarded.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-22-2007, 01:52 AM
Yeah, once the finger thing was revealed I just assumed Itachi did one of his "hand seals so fast you can't even fucking see me do it!" jutsus.

Poor Mizuchi...

masamuneehs
Tue, 05-22-2007, 10:00 AM
...i go away for a weekend and...

I still am not sure if I like the idea of someone being able to cast Jutsu with just one finger. Seems a little cheap, and makes me wonder why they go to the trouble of doing seals and all that if there's a different way... Maybe it's rings, maybe it's his nail polish, who knows?

Interesting to hear that Ten-ten's struggling wasn't in the manga. I really was pissed at her weakness. I mean, she's obviously not on the level of Neji or Lee, so she should just stay back and not cause them trouble...

Yes, it's partly the music. I'm convinced the animation isn't terrible; it's decent enough to convey emotion. But the music is just so blaise. I'm also sure there's something going on with the cuts and camera angles, something to do with the earlier discussion about "feeling like DragonballZ". I can't put my finger on it yet... but I'm pretty sure the constant breaks they have, flipping between fights, is actually making it less suspenseful than it should be.

Animeniax
Wed, 05-30-2007, 01:18 AM
THAT'S ENOUGH.
Mizuchi and Animeniax, both of you are getting temp banned. Mizuchi for the unecessary flaming and Animeniax for trying to fan the flame war. DarthMoe is getting a warning.

My ban was bs. Not being a manga-reader, I actually believed animus' "ring reflection genjutsu" was a spoiler, and I was voicing my displeasure at that. I think it's pretty unfair to be banned and accused of "fanning the flame war" when my feelings were genuine and not meant to incite, but I guess with my reputation, that sort of prejudice will exist. My apologies to the community for mucking things up.

Lots of cool theories here on how genjutsu can be performed, though it seems like lots of new uninformed and unintelligent posters are discussing Naruto these days.

I doubt they'll improve on Tenten's abilities, unless she starts summoning animals instead of just farm tools.

masamuneehs
Wed, 05-30-2007, 10:41 AM
cool theories here on how genjutsu can be performed, though it seems like lots of new uninformed and unintelligent posters are discussing Naruto these days.

No way, where? Who?

Being uninformed about the constantly changing rules of Naruto is pretty easy... I had no clue if it was the ring, Itachi being 1337, or some combination of the two that let him cast a Genjutsu like that. However, Jiraiya's explanation about Genjutsu, how it's essentially an outsider using their chakra inside your head, seems to indicate that it could be done with just a finger. Like Ino's body control jutsu, as long as that person can project their chakra into their target, they can fool/control the senses, and if they don't need hand seals to do that, more power to them...

I'm just a little unclear as to why people need to perform hand seals in the first place... How does making a bunch of movements with your hands and saying names of animals help them shoot a fireball or make an illusion?

boilerph
Wed, 05-30-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm just a little unclear as to why people need to perform hand seals in the first place... How does making a bunch of movements with your hands and saying names of animals help them shoot a fireball or make an illusion?

I had originally taken it as the same idea as the mark Jiraiya drew on his and Naruto's hands, a concentration aide so to speak. However, that doesn't explain why different hand signs are required for different techniques. I doubt they will ever explain that.

Yukimura
Wed, 05-30-2007, 03:11 PM
I think it has something to do with releasing chakra in pre set ways. You mold chakra and release it from your hands, then as you perform the hand seals the chakra gets mixed and moved in some set way, then add a little will power and poof you've got a jutsu. The act of performing the hand seal 'mixes' the chakra into the correct form so your mind can then work with it more easily. This is just a speculation though. I doubt it would be deemed important enough to explain hand seals this far into the story.