PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 125

jaguar04p
Wed, 05-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Go Get It.

http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b125.torrent

Crash
Wed, 05-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Good episode. I'm curious to find out why exactly Aizen killing the king would be significant, since pretty much the only thing they said about the king was that he's a figure head (read "doesn't do anything significant") in SS. I'm sure they'll explain why the king dying would be devastating later(other than the fact that making the key will kill 100,000 people of course), but from the conversation thus far they made it seem like killing the Captain-Commander would have a greater effect. Questions, questions, and more questions :confused:

Also it was nice to get some quick scenes of Chad and Ishida training again. Looking forward to seeing how bad ass Chad is when he gets that arm upgraded since i was kinda dissapointed at how insignificant they made him in the SS arc. Oh and ofcours Ichigo vs Hyori revisited should be fun to watch. Previews made it look like he's gonna hand her her ass....again.

ChaosK
Wed, 05-09-2007, 11:07 PM
YES! GIN LIVES!

This episode could've had so much more happen in it...

and just a note, the scene with Zaraki Kenpachi isn't filler.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-09-2007, 11:14 PM
So in the manga, the only person he hallucinates about is Kenpachi?

That's wierd.

Anyway, the main thing about this episode is that it has me phyched as hell about the future. A future that's probably not even this arc. 10 bucks says that the Spirit King and his Royal Guards are all stronger than captains. Really looking forward to THAT arc.

The other thing of note was how awsome Ichigo's full hollow form was.

Deadfire
Thu, 05-10-2007, 12:17 AM
If that was his full form then that almost proves his inner hollow is not a Rank and File one nor a gillian for that matter. It will be very interesting seeing him fight with it like that.

This King thing is interesting on more then a few levels. Aizen isn't dumb he has to have a reason for thinking they way he does. Maybe the "King" has something? maybe he thought up this as sort of bait or illisoin. he did it before, he can do it again. I think he set them up

Badass "cero" by Ichigo though... I wanted him to fire that so bad...

BioAlien
Thu, 05-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Pretty nice episode we got there, it answer some question (like why Ichigo neighbourhood is special).
Ishida still seems like he is just playing the "Hunt game", and he is the Prey.
Sado's training is just fighting with Abarai? how boring...

On a side note:
Nooo!!
Where is Kon-Sama! I don't wanna see ugly fish face (aka: Gin)! , Bring back Kon-Sama! This show is nothing without the great Kon!

Inazuma
Thu, 05-10-2007, 04:17 AM
Could the royal guards be Ichigo's father or Kisuke&Co ?

And now that's confusing, inner hollow saying that Ichigo is the king for now, and now we learn that SS got a king. But, is all that related ?

Harima Kenji
Thu, 05-10-2007, 06:07 AM
The way I understand it:

Ichigo is 'king' of his inner world, and atm his hollow is the 'horse'.
It's not really like a king or something, but more like a way to compare their status inside Ichigo. In Ichigo's body, being the king means that he's in control of the body.
I doubt there is a connection with the SS king.. especially since it is said that he lives in a completely different dimension, and Ichigo clearly doesn't.

Now that Ichigo is an awakened Vaizard or something, shouldn't he be a lot stronger then all the captains? I assume that he's now at least on par with the released Grimmjow..but that is only one Espada, and not even the strongest, so what use do the other captains have? What are your views on this one?

Isshin and Urahara as royal guard... makes kinda sense. That may be an explanation why Isshin's cape is different then the ones of the normal captains.

Crash
Thu, 05-10-2007, 06:11 AM
And now that's confusing, inner hollow saying that Ichigo is the king for now, and now we learn that SS got a king. But, is all that related ?

Ichigo's inner hollow has always called him "King". It's because he is in control of the inner world in which Hichigo and Zangetsu live, thus he is the king. It's completly unrelated to the SS king.

Kraco
Thu, 05-10-2007, 06:20 AM
Now that Ichigo is an awakened Vaizard or something, shouldn't he be a lot stronger then all the captains? I assume that he's now at least on par with the released Grimmjow..but that is only one Espada, and not even the strongest, so what use do the other captains have? What are your views on this one?

Ichigo is still lacking much experience compared to most of the captains. His extremely high raw power surely means a lot, but it's not like Kenpachi was all high reiatsu, for example. I don't know if Ichigo got anything else out of this than determination, self-confidence, and even more pure power. Though confidence in himself might have been what he most needed, especially considering how he hesitated to use his power fearing it would turn him into a hollow. Now he should be able to go all out with no worries.

In that sense it's no wonder if Kenpachi's scene wasn't a filler. That man surely has few doubts.

RyougaZell
Thu, 05-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Good episode. Specially liked they finally trashed away Kon at the end of every episode.

I wanted to see the other Vaizards hollow form more than Ichigo firing his Cero... but oh well.

Augury
Thu, 05-10-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm curious to find out why exactly Aizen killing the king would be significant, since pretty much the only thing they said about the king was that he's a figure head (read "doesn't do anything significant") in SS. The description of Soul Society's King makes his position similar in concept to the Emperor in feudal Japan. The Japanese Emperor was a figurehead, but his position and existence was highly significant because his position's legitimacy was based on being the descendant of the Sun God. The way I see it, Bleach is mirroring this type of setup. The assassination of the leader, actual power wielded or no, would be a devastating blow.

Eddie_Brock
Thu, 05-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Oh Lowrd,
This ep was so sweet, everything with Hichigo is great so its speaks for its self, and the whole SS King and the Royal Guard seems very interesting, i bet the Royal Guard could pwnd the captains and the Espadas, well time will tell. And do you think you can see the SS king like a God or something?

Animeniax
Thu, 05-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Pretty good episode. Animation was fantastic, storyline was fleshed out and progressed, good action and humor too. I liked the light-hearted Orihime scenes and the big-screen communicator.

They really breezed through the inner battle between Ichigo and his hollow. They went from Kensei at 20 minutes to Love at 68 minutes, or something like that. I wonder how much they elaborated on the fights between the Vaizards and hollow-Ichigo in the manga? That would have been a great way to expand the manga material and extend the anime.

The preview looks like a lot of filler training material, which could be cool or suck. I wish they'd integrate filler fight scenes into manga material more seamlessly, instead of one episode of all manga material, then an episode of all filler. Unless I'm wrong and next episode isn't all filler?

Bring back Kon and Shinigami Golden Cup!

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Definatly. the Spirit King is probably the most powerful character in the series so far.

That, or or in usual anime fashion, he'll be senile and powerless.

I'm guessing the Spirit King either made SS or else his will maintains it.

Either way, I think Aizen just wants to kill him to he can take over everything.

Animeniax
Thu, 05-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Well if he's just a figurehead, how will killing him allow Aizen to take over everything? Defeating a figurehead might hurt the morale of an organization or country, but it doesn't make you the new figurehead, and it doesn't make you all powerful.

Unless the Spirit King wields or guards real power, there's something else that Aizen is after. Maybe being the spirit king gives you authority over the 13 protection squads?

Janusz
Thu, 05-10-2007, 01:31 PM
The way I understand it:

Isshin and Urahara as royal guard... makes kinda sense. That may be an explanation why Isshin's cape is different then the ones of the normal captains.

It doesn't make sense since Urahara was the previous 12th squad captain. And I was going to say why Isshin being one doesn't make sense either, but I believe that hasn't been in the anime yet.

edit:
It has been, as Isshin was clearly wearing a Captain's uniform when he beat the shit out of that Grand Fisher dude.

JaySee
Thu, 05-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Episode was lame and boring. Hichigo killed so easily and with no animation was a huge disappointment. Filler fighting should have been added. Orihime's scenes were annoying. Emo to goofball. Explanation was long and boring. Filler extending Ichigo's inner and outer battles would've been good. I can understand not showing the outer battle so as not to spoil the Vaizards, but one hit kill on Hichigo with no animation was stupid. The cock tease flashes of Sado and the other guys training was also stupid. Those were perfect opportunities for entertaining filler. The explanation crap was too overdrawn and totally uninteresting. City in danger, must power up, big fight coming, let's all train... Sounds all too familiar... Snooze fest a coming... And the actual entertaining stuff, KON, is GONE!!!

an0nym0u5
Thu, 05-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Good episode. I'm curious to find out why exactly Aizen killing the king would be significant, since pretty much the only thing they said about the king was that he's a figure head (read "doesn't do anything significant") in SS. I'm sure they'll explain why the king dying would be devastating later(other than the fact that making the key will kill 100,000 people of course), but from the conversation thus far they made it seem like killing the Captain-Commander would have a greater effect. Questions, questions, and more questions :confused:

To me, The King is comparable to God. Leaves the world alone, doesn't do anything, doesn't intervene, just sort of watches and is a major figure head. Imagine the chaos if someone somehow figured out to how enter Heaven and kill God.

Darthmoe
Thu, 05-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Remember when aizen left SS with Gin and Tousen in those beams of light?

He said that SS worships a god that doesn't exist. He said that there was no one standing in heaven to begin with, but now he will stand in heaven.

Kraco
Thu, 05-10-2007, 03:29 PM
The King's dimension can only be accessed with such a rare key, so we don't know if the place itself might have some other peculiarities. Maybe it will grant power to affect the movement of souls between real world and SS, or something else that the SS folks would rather not grant Aizen. Or maybe it will allow Aizen to get even stronger. If the King and his guards weren't uber strong to begin with, maybe that dimension allowed them to rise well above captains. In that case Aizen could become a King that would meddle with the SS matters, unlike his predecessor.

Nintendo
Thu, 05-10-2007, 06:25 PM
aren't Byakouya and youroshi from the 4 Nobel families(and i think Ukitake too)? does it make them related to the king?

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-11-2007, 01:40 AM
Well if he's just a figurehead, how will killing him allow Aizen to take over everything? Defeating a figurehead might hurt the morale of an organization or country, but it doesn't make you the new figurehead, and it doesn't make you all powerful.
Except that the only people who said he's just a figurehead are people on the board.

In the show, they simply say he doesn't involve himself in SS. Which by no means makes him powerless. It just means he doesn't care. Which might even make him MORE powerful.

masamuneehs
Sat, 05-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Some of you may remember I used to do this kind of close viewing/commenting on episodes of Eureka SeveN. Seeing as how Bleach is probably the second favorite of the shows I'm watching now (Bokurano #1), and since I haven't done one like this in awhile, I figured it'd be fun...

Time is kept using the videoplayer clock on DB's Bleach 125:
00:21 - The OP is really growing on me. It's a pretty damn good song that fits what's goin on on-screen.

01:23 - However, it is incredibly heavy-handed with the foreshadowing...

02:42 - Nice "camera work"

03:32 - Good lord, Ichigo's Hollow form is some badass looking shit! If he fully turns, he'd have to be Vaste Lord, right? I know it's hard to talk about reiatsu and strength and "power levels", but I get the impression that if Ichigo lets his Hollow side out during fights, he'll be right on the same level as Grimmjow and the top Arrancar.

04:00 - Interesting little fact. You'd think the time it took to master one's Inner Hollow would indicate how strong you are, and then Ichigo and Hiyori are the strongest... but maybe it just reflects a lack of self-control, which would make them the wildest fighters and therefore, not as good...

05:11 - a line that is relevent to almost every anime I've seen. "Everyne who searches for power, without exception, searches for battle!" I wish there was someone like Zaraki in every anime to just tell this flat out, stone cold to the quibbling protagonist who always waxes much angst to the audience because he just can't accept this fact.

06:36 - ... ... that voice... it surely has some of the distortion that you usually here when HIchigo speaks... but it sounds like they used the effect on Ichigo's voice. The first time I've heard such a balanced fusion of it. At first I thought it was HIchigo, and I was confused why he'd be saying it, but now I think I understand

07:10 - Hiyori is the first to recognize that Ichigo's inner struggle is coming to a close.

08:45 - Talkin' shit right until the end, that's a wild horse there. Good use of the classic black/white color themes throughout this fight, especially in this scene as HIchigo is defeated.

09:10 - a mask beneath the mask on the shell...one that does not break.

A strong first half, a very deep and entertaining battle with useful commentary from peanut gallery onlookers. Excellent use of established themes. HIchigo rocks, manages to outshine even Kenpachi, and Ken gets one of the better speeches I've heard in this anime yet.

11:10 - enter the other character embroiled in an inner struggle...

12:48 - good friggin lord, what is that thing? SS has some freakin' strange gadgets... it looks organic in parts, which is the creepy part, especially since it has no such components on the transmission end (14:11)

15:45 - enter the new objective

16:22 - enter the most serious spirtual/religious ideas I've yet to see in this show. The Spirit King, "only a figurehead" and never around SS, yet "his existence is absolute". The idea of the "onlooker deity", the god who is omnipotent, yet chooses to leave most affairs in the hands of humanity.

16:34 - enter the next spirit realm, the dimension outside of both SS, Hueco Mundo, the real world. Interesting that this is the 4th dimension mentioned so far, and someone who resides and moves about in that 4th dimension (time) would surely be undying and eternal

17:45 - now the insanely close proximity of all important events occurring in and around Karakura town is revealed... Time for a defense of the realm!

20:57 - bah, the wet blanket returns... an otherwise awesome episode though

21:05 - nice little training montage. Makes me wonder if they'll pass over the 4 months or if we'll be treated to episodes focusing on the training? Bonus points for Chad, starting training early on his own free will.

21:48 - end episode with the exact shot that started the second half of it. anyone got any idea if we've seen this shot before, and where? I've always thought this show has an inordinate amount of shots of power lines, telephone poles and all that, one of the more subtle on-going themes, but I've not got a real theory about it yet...

I still emphatically hate the ED... Training episode up next.

edit -
Remember when aizen left SS with Gin and Tousen in those beams of light?

He said that SS worships a god that doesn't exist. He said that there was no one standing in heaven to begin with, but now he will stand in heaven.

Recalling this, it does seem to strongly point to Aizen as a Lucifer type. I can't recall any other biblical / religious examples that would parallel this, and Lucifer isn't quite the right analogy...

I am sure the Royal Guard are pretty strong, but I have a feeling this Spirit King is not. I feel like he'll be at the heart of balancing all the worlds, at maintaining the cycles that go on there, and that he is actually more important than a figurehead, but I have a gut feeling he will not be a powerful fighter.

JaySee
Sat, 05-12-2007, 12:14 PM
04:00 - Interesting little fact. You'd think the time it took to master one's Inner Hollow would indicate how strong you are, and then Ichigo and Hiyori are the strongest... but maybe it just reflects a lack of self-control, which would make them the wildest fighters and therefore, not as good...

I dunno how any of that is a fact, but ok... :rolleyes:
Anyways, it's more likely an indicator of naiveness and lack of intelligence. Those 2 being the youngest and brainless. It obviously takes no strength to defeat your hollow with the lame 1-hit kill.

Crash
Sat, 05-12-2007, 12:29 PM
It obviously takes no strength to defeat your hollow with the lame 1-hit kill.

Umm maybe it was done that way because the battle with the inner hollow was never about physical strength, but rather strength of will. In order to keep control of both Zangetsu and Hichigo's powers what Ichigo required wasn't brute strength. He has enough of that to spare. What he needed was to gather his courage and restore his confidence in his own abilities as in the SS arc, instead of sitting around like a little pansy and holding back because he was too scared of his own inner hollow to take any real action. In shorter terms, the whole sequence was about him dispelling the fear he had of his own power to keep it from consuming him.

masamuneehs
Sat, 05-12-2007, 12:34 PM
i was referring to the fact that Hiyori, and now Ichigo, took the longest to bring their Inner Hollow under control. Like I said, it's not clear yet what to make of that.

Some would say that the stronger the opponent, the more time it takes to defeat them. Others would say that this lack of emotional/mental stability causes them to take longer. I honestly think the two are a package deal. You're unnerved by facing this side of you that is so carnal and crazy, moreso when it's a stronger force, but because you can ultimately overcome this great obstacle, you reap the greatest benefits. just my two cents.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 05-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Well, the Spirit King could be more of a political figure, with the 13 squads and the Captain Commander being the military side of things.

And what Aizen is doing could be like a military coup, and he is looking to bring about a new order in the dimensions. Maybe this is why Tousen joined him, as he may belive this to be a fight about a new moral order.

JaySee
Sat, 05-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Umm maybe it was done that way because the battle with the inner hollow was never about physical strength, but rather strength of will. In order to keep control of both Zangetsu and Hichigo's powers what Ichigo required wasn't brute strength. He has enough of that to spare. What he needed was to gather his courage and restore his confidence in his own abilities as in the SS arc, instead of sitting around like a little pansy and holding back because he was too scared of his own inner hollow to take any real action. In shorter terms, the whole sequence was about him dispelling the fear he had of his own power to keep it from consuming him.

Uhh... yeah... You just said what I said in long form. He's naive and stupid. A wise intelligent person would figure that out much quicker, as the others have. Ichigo's a blockheaded emo-kid pussy who waves a big-ass sword around. Hiyori's a hot-headed brat. No doubt the others used their minds. :rolleyes:

KitKat
Sat, 05-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Wooo, for the first time in two years, KitKat is finally caught up on Bleach! *cheers*

It's hard for me to write out coherent thoughts because of the sheer amount of Bleach I've watched in the past few days everything is all still processing, and I had so many "!!!" moments as things just kept getting more awesome. YAY!

I will say though, the strange television that was brought into Inoue's house reminds me very much of something from Invader Zim. Not what I was expecting from the refined Bureau of Technology.

Inazuma
Sat, 05-12-2007, 04:53 PM
I am sure the Royal Guard are pretty strong, but I have a feeling this Spirit King is not. I feel like he'll be at the heart of balancing all the worlds, at maintaining the cycles that go on there, and that he is actually more important than a figurehead, but I have a gut feeling he will not be a powerful fighter.

I agree with Masa and I think the king will be some kind of smart ass, like Shikamaru in Naruto.

Death13a
Sat, 05-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Did anyone noticed that Ichigo's mask has more strippes then in beggining( i think it had only 3 stripes). Hollow told Ichigo no to die before it shows itself. Which i think will happen when half mask will be filled like Ikkaku's banki needed to be awakend to be in full power.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-13-2007, 01:27 AM
04:00 - Interesting little fact. You'd think the time it took to master one's Inner Hollow would indicate how strong you are, and then Ichigo and Hiyori are the strongest... but maybe it just reflects a lack of self-control, which would make them the wildest fighters and therefore, not as good... Except that this is a shounen anime and the wildest fighters always win because they are "unpredictable" and their spirit always overcomes things like obviously lethal wounds.

Animeniax
Wed, 05-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Except that the only people who said he's just a figurehead are people on the board.

In the show, they simply say he doesn't involve himself in SS. Which by no means makes him powerless. It just means he doesn't care. Which might even make him MORE powerful.
Well, we and the anime both called him a figurehead. It could just be DB's translator, but there it is. I'd take a screenshot and post the image, but you can just look it up in the episode. It's at 16:24.