PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Fansubbers

Nintendo
Fri, 05-04-2007, 09:26 AM
please can anyone tell me which of the 3 fansubbers r best in SUBBING Naruto Shippuuden (DB , SD ,ND{narutobuzz} )coz i think the video quality in all 3 is good.(we all r living in HELL since AonE will not sub Naruto Shippuuden).:confused:

Munsu
Fri, 05-04-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm pretty much wondering the same thing... I've been getting the first one to come out and watch, but I don't know what i'll do for archiving purposes yet. There's also some other groups called Rasengan and Anime-Kyou.

nests
Fri, 05-04-2007, 09:49 AM
At first episode one of SD was of much better quality then the rest, but after that they just did them like the rest. It would be cool if someone was just realising the subtitle file that way we can archive the raws wich are of much higher quality

mage
Fri, 05-04-2007, 10:30 AM
I've been archiving DB since ep 146, so I'm going to stick with them. They're pretty good despite a few grammar errors every now and then.

Nintendo
Sun, 05-06-2007, 09:16 AM
now everyone which fansub group u would like to archive their episodes?
1)DB (although alot say that there r some errors in delivering the meaning of the dialogues and i do not mean the grammer mistake beside they do not work on most of DVPs)

2)SD (they work on DVPs but alot of fans say that their translation is odd and they r not pros like DB so that thing need confirmation from anyone who watched their episodes)

3)ND (they work on DVPs but alot of fans say that their translation is derived from the manga so it is not prefered and used to by so many?

NOW what is your vote and opinion?????????:confused:

for me i pray everyday that AonE save us from this miss.:o

masamuneehs
Sun, 05-06-2007, 09:59 AM
I pick SD, just because DB is a bunch of assholes and randomly subject their audience to fake-subs and other crap, and their subbing isn't flawless, not by far.

If it's been half a day and SD hasn't come out, I get DB's release. I don't find SD's translation to be odd or bad at all, and earlier on they tried not to translate the specific Japanese terms into "One tail" and other stuff, which DB's picked up now.

However, it's been awhile since I've seen other subs, and it'd be nice to hear what people with more knowledge of Japanese have to say about the translation quality of all the groups.

Kraco
Sun, 05-06-2007, 10:22 AM
When the fillers began (which I watched due to very long-lasting temporary insanity) I got used to downloading just the DB versions (with no need to redownload the episodes for archiving from AonE). So, after the fillers ended and AonE told the bad news, I've just been sticking to DB. They are good enough for me, and I don't really pay attention to mistakes unless they are quite bad. Plus generally speaking I hate downloading the same stuff multiple times.

masamuneehs
Sat, 05-12-2007, 12:30 PM
i watched Dattebayo's episode 13 along with Rasengan's and honestly, i was very very impressed with Rasengan. Their font sucks and they have the bad habit of not subbing basic one worders ("Nani?" for example), but I felt that watching their episodes gave a better sense of what people were saying, without trying to "americanize" dialogue the way DB sometimes does. They're inferior visually, but I think I'll be personally watching their speed-subs.

I don't archive a series until it ends, but I wouldn't use either of these two...

edit - i didn't notice until i went back to rewatch a scene, but Rasengan has pretty bad timing. This is reflected in their unusually long sentences, rather than the short, more frequent breaking up of sentences that other groups sub. The timing is also off with the characters' voices a bit

i'm becoming more and more convinced that nobody is speed-subbing this series well...

Zidarri the Exile
Fri, 05-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Dattebayo is probably the best doing Shippuuden. They're fast, and release a high quality episode. Usually, it takes an extra day or two to release such a high quality.

AonE would ruin Shippuuden, I think. I never thought they were very good with the earlier episodes. Their quality is only a little above medium, and they had a lot of grammatical errors. Plus, the Karoke was kind of bad.

Kraco
Sat, 05-26-2007, 04:52 AM
AonE would ruin Shippuuden, I think. I never thought they were very good with the earlier episodes. Their quality is only a little above medium, and they had a lot of grammatical errors. Plus, the Karoke was kind of bad.

Ho... You do have guts to say that here. Great many people here were sorry AonE dropped the series, because they were downloading DB for fast viewing and AonE for archiving (myself included).

Bread-sama
Sun, 05-27-2007, 08:45 AM
we can't please everyone :D

Janusz
Sun, 05-27-2007, 09:00 AM
Not if they're idiots who have no idea what they're talking about and don't understand the word 'quality', I guess. I for one was very sorry to hear you quit, I didn't even bother with DB's version back when you were both subbing.

$0ft*
Thu, 06-07-2007, 06:30 PM
you all talking bad about DB,
well i have downloaded all my episodes from DB and i am quite pleased... they make little mistake but all other is great(IMO)

mafrek
Sun, 07-15-2007, 06:36 PM
When the fillers began (which I watched due to very long-lasting temporary insanity) I got used to downloading just the DB versions (with no need to redownload the episodes for archiving from AonE). So, after the fillers ended and AonE told the bad news, I've just been sticking to DB. They are good enough for me, and I don't really pay attention to mistakes unless they are quite bad. Plus generally speaking I hate downloading the same stuff multiple times.

where is that "bad news" posted? I've been looking for it but cant find it. what are aones reasons for not translating shippuden?

Yukimura
Sun, 07-15-2007, 10:18 PM
I can't remember when they said it but I believe the reason given was lack of interest among the group in subbing it.

mafrek
Sun, 07-15-2007, 10:28 PM
I can't remember when they said it but I believe the reason given was lack of interest among the group in subbing it.

not much of a reason. think if we all donated a little theyd do it?

Yukimura
Mon, 07-16-2007, 01:26 AM
It doesn't work that way, fansubbing is pretty hard work and it's much worse if you don't really want to be doing it. If you want to pay someone for subs Dattebayo offers such a service, but they release Naruto for free anyway so you might as well just download that.

itadakimasu
Fri, 07-20-2007, 11:52 PM
DB dropped the ball this week... i got home after a really long day and wasn't going to wait for DB when there were 2 releases available. I actually dl'd both flomp and nb, flomp dl'd faster so i watched it and thought that they do as good a job as db. i dont know japanese so i cant complain about little things... good ep though, will dl from them again if db cant deliver.

yes, this was a test of the whole "how long would you wait for our release blah blah"