PDA

View Full Version : What is the best thing Kishimoto put in Naruto?

Super5
Tue, 05-01-2007, 12:05 PM
So this is the reflection of Assertn's post about Kishi's failings. What are you glad that was included in the manga or anime? It could be a character, plotline, or something that just made you sit back and go "Wow!!" Or maybe something that wasn't so good in the manga, but turned out well in the anime (or vice-versa)?

My favorite thing would have to be the whole plotline surrounding the death of Gaara. It was such a huge plot twist (and unexpected on my part) that I was just thinking "No way, he did not just kill off one of the coolest characters!!!" Also, Deidara and especially Sasori were very good additions to the villians, so that plotline ranks the highest in my book. Gaara's resurrection was sweet too, because it had emotional impact.

Idealistic
Tue, 05-01-2007, 04:01 PM
I guess whatever I didn't mention in assertn's thread would go here.

bagandscalpel
Tue, 05-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Zabuza arc: simple, yet neatly executed with a satisfying conclusion.

February
Thu, 05-03-2007, 01:07 AM
the entire concept of Cursed Seal. Huge power-up. Not only does it sound cool, but it looks bad ass

Strider
Fri, 05-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Rock Lee.

The end.

Idealistic
Fri, 05-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I like Naruto in general because it's like the first or probably is the first show about ninjas that involve using all sorts of jutsus and teams and all that nice stuff.

Genma
Fri, 05-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Rock Lee.

The end.

Seconded.

Also, Zabuza as a villian that died relatively quickly and (so far) hasn't been brought back to life 10x stronger a la DBZ.

Assertn
Fri, 05-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Best hands down was the prelim round during the chuunin exam.

The whole 3 months that was going on, I'd been sitting around speculating who would battle who and who will move on to the next round.

mafrek
Wed, 07-04-2007, 07:48 PM
the humor. ninjas are depicted in black, masked, shadowy, serious, surroounded by dead bodies, blood, etc. and sure that stuffs cool, but who says they cant be funny too? :p

rockmanj
Wed, 07-04-2007, 10:42 PM
hmmm...anko?

mage
Thu, 07-05-2007, 12:26 AM
hidan's decapitation is probably the coolest scene in the whole manga.

kenren
Thu, 07-05-2007, 09:23 AM
IMO, i would say Sharingan and the Uchiha clan itself.
Also, DEIDARA!

Yukimura
Thu, 07-05-2007, 10:40 AM
The massive number of different jutsu's with their own quirks and strategies attached. It's probably not that new, but Naruto was the first time I've seen such a wealth of different techniques in one show.

Kuncoss
Thu, 07-05-2007, 05:19 PM
I like the thing that he has planned many things very carefully, even if it havn't been so much of importance at that moment it's introduced. Like the cursed seal: As the story developes we have learned that it has a powerful "Stage 2" and most recent we now know it's origin. Not at all what I had suspected from the start when Sasuke was bitten. I thought of it more like some kind of poisonous mark.

Or Sharingan. We learned first it copied techniques and we also learned it made the user the advantage to read the opponent's movement. Later we learn it could hypnotize the opponent and be used in powerful illusion-techniques. And then even further in the story, we learned it had a different shape that made it even more powerful.

:D

BananaFob
Thu, 07-05-2007, 05:40 PM
I like the thing that he has planned many things very carefully, even if it havn't been so much of importance at that moment it's introduced. Like the cursed seal: As the story developes we have learned that it has a powerful "Stage 2" and most recent we now know it's origin. Not at all what I had suspected from the start when Sasuke was bitten. I thought of it more like some kind of poisonous mark.

Or Sharingan. We learned first it copied techniques and we also learned it made the user the advantage to read the opponent's movement. Later we learn it could hypnotize the opponent and be used in powerful illusion-techniques. And then even further in the story, we learned it had a different shape that made it even more powerful.

:D

Nearly every anime, book, drama, etc. has that explanation and expansion plot. If they didn't, it wouldn't really surprise the reader or viewers. Harry Potter expands the characteristics of his scar he got when he was a baby, Willy Wonka explained the purpose of his Golden Ticket contest, etc.

Kuncoss
Thu, 07-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I know... Touché! :p

Psyke
Fri, 07-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Kakashi and Obito, coupled with some amazing surgery work.

RasenDori
Fri, 07-06-2007, 11:57 PM
SEQUENTIAL ART! kishimotos one of the best in sequential pacing, right up there with katsuhiro otomo. there have been several scenes that were powerful in the manga that i felt didnt have as much impact in the anime.

oh and deidara and sai. art ninja represent!

Board of Command
Mon, 07-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Best thing in Naruto = ramen girl

itadakimasu
Mon, 07-09-2007, 04:00 PM
perverted elite ninja... enough said.

kAi
Wed, 07-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Orochimaru and Jiraiya.
and the massive amount of techniques available out there.

Idealistic
Thu, 07-12-2007, 04:18 AM
Everything from the Chuunin exams and before were what I thought was the best. It involved a lot of different ninjas with unique abilities and ninja tactics. After the Chuunin exams the shows appeal sort of died down. Don't get me wrong, everything afterwards was good, it's just that the Chuunin exams and before were THAT much better.

After the exams, Naruto beats Gaara, he goes off with Jiraiya to find Tsunade, then he chases Sasuke. Those were pretty much the main plots after that and there wasn't much ninja-like action. It was more of regular fighting, see who can outwit who. Not much ninja tactics being used such as sneaking and all that good ninja stuff you'd like to see.

Shenshort
Thu, 07-12-2007, 11:48 AM
The best things Kishimoto put in Naruto are the bloodline limits. Every character who posses a bloodline limit is incredibly strong in the Naruto universe. And everytime a fight including at least one of these charakters starts you know it's gonna be a great combat.
As a non-manga reader I barely know what's happening in the manga. It would be fantastic if Naruto possessed a bloodline limit as well e.g. controlling the wind. It's Naruto: Shippūden after all.

darkmetal505
Thu, 07-12-2007, 07:48 PM
The best things Kishimoto put in Naruto are the bloodline limits. Every character who posses a bloodline limit is incredibly strong in the Naruto universe. And everytime a fight including at least one of these charakters starts you know it's gonna be a great combat.
As a non-manga reader I barely know what's happening in the manga. It would be fantastic if Naruto possessed a bloodline limit as well e.g. controlling the wind. It's Naruto: Shippūden after all.

No, not EVERY character with a bloodline limit is awesome. Since you don't read the manga, I won't spoil it for you.

He already has the nine-tails chakra. Giving Naruto a bloodline limit would disrupt the rivalry between him and Sasuke, not to mention, it would make him even more broken.

Rhanfahl
Sat, 07-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Personally, I like the explanation/training videos the best.

The philosophy of Ki and Chakras being implemented...and its relation to ninjutsu. Even though he kinda mixed up what they are... Ki, qi, or chi being the energy, and chakra being the 7 focal centers for said energy. That's not really important though.

The romantic mysticism of Ninjutsu itself. Japan is a land of macabre and myth. And the ninja were puffed up to be almost magical or demonic...even when it was tools they were using. Katon, Suiton, Doton...they were all techniques that real shinobi used. But they weren't magic, they were tools or techniques ninja used to conceal themselves (i.e. hiding underground, breathing through tubes, flash bombs, etc). I like how Kishimoto did not make his shinobi realistic to history...he made them more like the legends and myths Japan is famous for.

thejustin2
Fri, 08-03-2007, 09:45 PM
i would have to go with jiraiya, the perverted hermit. who wouldve thought one of the most powerful ninjas in the show would write perverted books, while another one spends most of is time reading them!!! oh and the rasen shuriken!!!!! bard arse
good thread BTW

darkshadow
Mon, 08-06-2007, 03:30 PM
anime episodes 49 & 50, pure art.

toonice714
Tue, 08-07-2007, 10:12 AM
I like the fact that characters aren't held back by their lack of power but their lack of knowledge or determination. I'm just glad this isn't an anime where set characters will forever be unbeatable. If there is someone who is clever or just knows how to play to their strengths they will be a seriously difficult opponent to beat.(i.e shikamaru, Rock Lee or deidara)

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 08-10-2007, 09:50 PM
anime episodes 49 & 50, pure art.

Word. I dont think that I have ever seen such better animation up to that point. Love those eps! -dg-

tehlegend
Sat, 08-11-2007, 12:53 AM
i wish naruto would maintain that level of quality in all its episodes... shame we likely wont see that...

it seems the new episodes have only increased in quality a slight bit from the fillers... it just doesnt feel the same as the first 50...

as for the best moments in the anime, i'd have to say, aside from the gaara vs lee battle, i'd definitely say zabuza's final fight. excelent movement, very emotional story, and very meaningful.

its a shame that storyline doesnt actually contribute more to current events in the anime than the fillers do... :wink:

HachimonTonkou
Mon, 08-13-2007, 02:17 PM
i liked the counterattack on the sand and sound by the konoha ANBU. it was the first time i saw the 'old versions' of the main characters and possibly see what kind of potential the younger ninjas would eventually be able to do. i thought the girl leader of ANBU was pretty good idea.

masamuneehs
Mon, 08-13-2007, 04:53 PM
My favorites would be...

Best character: I love Shikamaru because of his attitude and the fact that he represents someone who uses their head to win absurdly dangerous battles, which is what sets Naruto apart from typical 'power up and fight head on' shounen series like DBZ or Bleach. I'm glad that he developed greatly with Asuma's death. Also, the 'lazy genius' is just great.
Also: Sai (moreso before he 'saw the light'), Kabuto (always shows up at the most surprising times)

Best Element: Power != Victory. Sure, every now and then someone will get by based only on their special ability or sheer strength or whatever, but the series hinges greatly on planning and thinking. Shikamaru can beat Hidan, Deidara can come absolutely damn close to killing Sasuke (and does beat Gaara), etc.

Best Fight: I'm a sucker for how they do the Rock Lee taijutsu fights in the anime, but in the manga, I'm not sure... The battle of wits, again, are what really get me hyped up. As probably guessed, I love almost all the fights with Shikamaru in them, although the battle at the bridge was pretty spectacular also...

Best Jutsu: I don't know what beats the Mangekyou Sharingan, but my favorite jutsu so far is Gaara's special sand abilities. Outside of bloodline limits, I'd have to go with good-old Kawarimi X Henge combo, a time tested escape and feint move that is key in many battles and strategies.

Best Story: Gaara's backstory is just amazing. I also really enjoyed the student-teacher connection between Asuma and Shikamaru.

Best Comedic Moment: Can't decide. Konohamaru's yaoi-no-jutsu and yuri-no-jutsu were really funny to me, but I also like the interaction between Sasuke's new teammembers.

yeah, my two cents...