PDA

View Full Version : Game: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 04-21-2007, 01:10 AM
Yeah I know, probably the worst thing you can do on a legitimate anime forum is bring up anything pokemon related but I do know that quite a few gotwooters have DS's so I was curious if any of you are thinking of picking the game up seeing how it's being released this sunday.

Main thing I'm excited about is the long awaited wi-fi play. Cause honestly competitive multi player is always what the game's been about.

Hopefully if anyone else is interested maybe we can use this thread as a place to exchange friend codes as well.

God knows I'm more excited about the release of diamond and pearl more so then should be considered healthy for someone my age.

BioAlien
Sat, 04-21-2007, 01:53 AM
If i have the money (which i don't..) i will buy Pokemon Pearl, because from the poll on Nintendo.com, less peoples are going to get that game.
I like to be in the smallest group, it make me feel "special" :)

dspR
Sat, 04-21-2007, 09:17 AM
The main reason why I got into Pokemon is because of the games. My first ever Pokemon game was Pokemon Blue, afterwards I purchased the Special Pikachu Edition, and I don't remember if I got a copy of Pokemon Gold or Silver.

I needed a break from the constant GBA releases and Pokemon itself. I didn't expect another release for the DS, so when the announcement arrived, I got really excited. An excitement that I felt from my adolescence finally returned (When I was ten years old, ffs).

I'm still undecided about which version to buy, but most likely it'll be Diamond. I even want to purchase the FireRed version so I can bring back my old first generation lineup.

Genma
Sat, 04-21-2007, 01:05 PM
I tried to demo of Diamond at Wal-Mart the other day.

Seeing as I haven't played and enjoyed Pokemon since like... the blue version, my opinion probably won't matter. But honestly... the game was boring, and pretty much the same exact format as the other pokemon games.

I have no idea why people still buy them.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 04-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Yeah DS version doesn't really do much to evolve the design of the games, but since it includes wi-fi play which makes the competitive element of the game easier and more accessible and that's really what it's all about.

Nothings more satisfying then taking a little pip squeak critter and slowly evolving it into a fricking badass monstrosity in order to demolish someone else's squad. That's where the real satisfaction lies.

I honestly wish they'd rebuild the battle system from scrap to make something more dynamic but core RPG treadmill is undeniably addictive.

RedX1z
Sat, 04-28-2007, 02:06 AM
I'm pretty satisfied with the game up to this point. Looking for the occasional challenge.

Pokemon Diamond FC List:

RedX1: 0258-6793-1692

SK
Sat, 04-28-2007, 02:31 AM
PokeMon is the greatest boredom killer ever created.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-28-2007, 07:05 AM
how did they incorparate the touch screen element into the game?

Genma
Sat, 04-28-2007, 01:35 PM
how did they incorparate the touch screen element into the game?

Judging from watching 5 minutes of my friends play, the touch screen is used on your pokemon ID or something, where you sign your name. Dunno what else though.

Oh yeah, and I realized an old friend of mine is a pretty big loser. He already beat Diamond on Thursday, after buying it on Sunday. Glad I don't hang out with him anymore.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Oh yeah, and I realized an old friend of mine is a pretty big loser. He already beat Diamond on Thursday, after buying it on Sunday. Glad I don't hang out with him anymore.

so what? (http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20060519.html)

it's not uncommon, I finish books in less than a day, and when there's a good game coming out, i can pull some all-nighters just to finish it before it eats away my sanity..

btw: I did the list game last week with my brother, we came in 4 pokemons short: Sandshrew & sandslash, Qbone * Mahuwk,,, so close.

SK
Sat, 04-28-2007, 04:45 PM

Sounds like he's too cool to hang out with you.

LaZie
Mon, 05-07-2007, 12:13 AM
So is anybody else playing this besides me and RedX1?