Assertn
Thu, 04-19-2007, 10:14 PM
ah...that one had quite a bit more progress than the hour specials did =]

Terracosmo
Thu, 04-19-2007, 10:28 PM
I LOVE NEJI'S NEW LOOK SOOO MUCH <3 :D <3

Necromas
Thu, 04-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Holy *explitive* this one is downloading slow.

JaySee
Thu, 04-19-2007, 10:54 PM
Uh oh! Tsunade sneezed and her cup cracked. I'm anticipating another post about hating Japanese clichés

Idealistic
Thu, 04-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Uh oh! Tsunade sneezed and her cup cracked. I'm anticipating another post about hating Japanese clichés

lmfao....

This episode was pretty good... They actually had their arms moving when they were running... It's getting more interesting by the episode. Who is the white-fang?! =O... Oh and Sakura looks hot with that pony-tail. :D .... And the ending was pretty funny how Naruto got pwned.

Penner
Fri, 04-20-2007, 12:07 AM
*unlikely, but possible spoiler*

(tho u can clearly see who she was reffering to, but meh -.-)

I believe the 'White-Fang' of Konoha would be Kakashi, since i haven't read the manga i assume that they have mentioned it before, earlier in the series, otherwise i have no clue how i know that and apologize for that little error... ^^

JaySee
Fri, 04-20-2007, 12:47 AM
lmfao....

This episode was pretty good... They actually had their arms moving when they were running... It's getting more interesting by the episode. Who is the white-fang?! =O... Oh and Sakura looks hot with that pony-tail. :D .... And the ending was pretty funny how Naruto got pwned.
Sakura putting her hair up wasn't in the manga. It does look good. I guess Naruto doesn't like big boobs. :D

I thought he was going to tell Sakura that Tsunade's full of BS and uses Chakra to enhance her appearance.

DayoftheDante
Fri, 04-20-2007, 01:07 AM
Oh man, it paid to be a manga reader in this episode. During the statue ritual, the animators left enough details to tell who the silhouetted figures are, but without ruining the surprise of introducing those characters at the appropriate time for non-readers. Brought a big ol' grin to my face to see... them. That whole scene was animated well to boot.

No wasted time in this episode.

Shadow Skill
Fri, 04-20-2007, 01:27 AM
Help me!! My download speed is a lot slower than normal. :(

See look at my speed. The screen shot is safe 42.9kb :P

JaySee
Fri, 04-20-2007, 01:35 AM
Here's a tip, next time just press ALT+PRT SCR so you get just the active window and not your whole desktop.

You're a fiend by the way for limiting your upload capacity so severely.

Yukimura
Fri, 04-20-2007, 01:37 AM
Good stuff with the Konoha White Fang reference, I think they'll explain it next ep, but there are some details that will likely not be explained b/c of various circumstances.

Seeing the Akatsuki Dragon seal thing animated was golden, and it looked 10 times better than I might have hoped. Though they've altered the order of things a from the manga, I think this makes a lot more sense since it seems more chronologically accurate.

Also the translations of all the symbols for the different Akatsuki members was cool, since they weren't translated when I saw them in the manga.

Shadow Skill
Fri, 04-20-2007, 01:39 AM
It's so the upload doesnt effect the download. Once it's fully downloaded, then I upload at a maximum of 110kb /s. :/

Munsu
Fri, 04-20-2007, 01:44 AM
Haha, yeah... this is further proof that the animators read our forums, since this was for sure a response to masa's complaints, and their way to say "suck it".

I found interesting the holograms, and how they could perform jutsus through it. Makes you wonder why they don't simply fight that way.

lmfao....

Clearly it's Kakashi, though I'm not sure if it has been mentioned... otherwise it would have to be a case of mistaken identity.

JaySee
Fri, 04-20-2007, 01:46 AM
Haha, yeah... this is further proof that the animators read our forums, since this was for sure a response to masa's complaints, and their way to say "suck it".
Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that it's in the manga. :D

Munsu
Fri, 04-20-2007, 01:53 AM
Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that it's in the manga. :D
Not one bit, Kishi had already foreseen this situation, all props to him.

I think this was the first time, if not the second time, I have actually laughed with a Naruto episode... I don't know why but I found it hillarious when grandma went and attacked Kakashi.

Assertn
Fri, 04-20-2007, 02:16 AM
Help me!! My download speed is a lot slower than normal. :(

See look at my speed. The screen shot is safe 42.9kb :P

It's so the upload doesnt effect the download. Once it's fully downloaded, then I upload at a maximum of 110kb /s. :/

lols a comedian is over here.
Nobody wants to see your e-cock dude.

So anyway.....now we know what the pirahna guy's name is.....it's Zetsu! :D

masamuneehs
Fri, 04-20-2007, 03:25 AM
why doesn't a freakin wall of china glass just break when all this bad shit is about to happen? be alot more effiecent than repeatedly breaking shit.

they did a good job w/ the tension and the 'race against time' to save Kankuro. Chiyo was pretty smokin for an old hen. Probably felt good to strut and cluck like that again. However, i just don't care about whether Kankuro lives or dies...

AKATSUKI !!!

They added that friggin huge "suck the life outta Gaara / communication structure" to the OP

Dude, forget cell phones: these fuckers have fucking holograms that let you do jutsu through them! Freakin haxorz!!11

And even though we don't yet know all their names, we certainly have a wall of identifying all the members of Akatsuki now

I'm using the translated names that came up over their respective orbs when they started freaking messing with Gaara:

ZERO
This guy comes outta nowhere this episode and is pimp boss daddy of Akatsuki. I don't think anyone can doubt that this is the main motherfucker. Since Sasori and Deidara had to let him Darth Vader Summon Jutsu (through the freakin hologram!) to get that freaky Jinchuuriki Soul-Sucker for them, it clearly shows to me that he is A#1 Duke of Akatsuki. Plus his name is Zero!

Blue - Deidara
Clay Eater. Self proclaimed artist, hn. Blonde bomber bishounen who beat Gaara. Terracosmo's new obsession. His palm tongues mean he could give 3 chicks 'gasms at the same time.

White - ???

Crimson - Uchiha Itachi
Sasuke's aniki. Source of much tween angst and emo gayness. There's been like 40 flashback episodes dedicated to this guy and his backstory, you should know who he is.

Boar (why do i question the accuracy of this translation?) Zetsu
Guy who watched Sasuke and Naruto fight. Venus fly trap lookin' motherfucker. Seems to be Akatsuki's stealth and spying, as well as counter-surveillance man. I suppose his specialty is being sneaky, logically following from the fact that he was raised by that thing from Little Shop of Horrors and can chameleon himself for hiding.

South - Kisame
Shark man. Seven Shinobi Swordsman formerly of the Mist village. His blade wants to eat you. He's got fucking gills.

North - ???

Three - ???

Orb - Sasori
Formerly of the Sand. Puppet master. Popularly rumored to be a 18th century wooden attempt at a cyborg. Good with poisons. Grandparents are in this episode.

BLANK - Orocimaru's spot still appears, but is left vacant.

And now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Got our first look of Team Gai. I'd seen pics from the manga, but still cool to see their new threads. Doesn't seem like they've changed much at all.
What a crappy cliffhanger to end it on. I mean, you know nothing's going to come from it, even though it is interesting that those two know each other.

Kraco
Fri, 04-20-2007, 03:55 AM
I was expecting Kakashi to do the old trick used in anime with children where you grab the assailant's head with your stretched out hand, thus keeping him/her out of reach where the person would then swing his/her hands in vain unable to attack.

Interesting episode in any case. I hope they continue the story at this pace. I also wonder if we are really going to see a major battle now that team Gai also was sent on their way as reinforcements. That's quite a force with Kakashi, Gai, Neji, Lee, and Naruto, and Temari I guess (with Sakura and Tenten to support them).

JaySee
Fri, 04-20-2007, 04:12 AM
Orb - Sasori
Formerly of the Sand. Puppet master. Popularly rumored to be a 18th century wooden attempt at a cyborg. Good with poisons. Grandparents are in this episode.
When will you people stop thinking Chiyo had sex with HER BROTHER!?!?

masamuneehs
Fri, 04-20-2007, 04:40 AM
okay JaySee, chill out there kid. It's a mistake anyone could make. Thank you for vehemently defending the idea that Chiyo and the old guy are not in any way or have ever been sexually coupled. This grievous error of mine has been repented for due to your graceful intervention. Thank you.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-20-2007, 05:46 AM
Clearly it's Kakashi, though I'm not sure if it has been mentioned... otherwise it would have to be a case of mistaken identity.My first thought was that White Fang was actually Kakashi's father or grandfather, and the old woman though he was him because they look the same and she seems like she hasn't been out of the house in a few decades.

If Kakashi is the guy she thinks he is he was probably, what, a kid when she fought him?

Anyway, the Akatsuki demonsucking device rules. The boss kinda looks like he's got Naruto's hair.

I'll say this though, I don't get their symbol names. It's literally just like 9 random words. What the hell do Boars, the number 3 and South have to do with one another? It just doesn't make any sense.

Where are you guys seeing Sakura with a ponytail? I'm not seeing it.

Psyke
Fri, 04-20-2007, 06:17 AM
Where are you guys seeing Sakura with a ponytail? I'm not seeing it.

It's in the preview for the next episode.

dimitris127
Fri, 04-20-2007, 07:06 AM
Anyway, the Akatsuki demonsucking device rules. The boss kinda looks like he's got Naruto's hair.

i've been hearing stuff around this one...but the most intresting i found was that he was the third hogake surviving from the nine tail's chakra and he became the leader of he akatsuki...can somebody tell me if this is true...or just a rumor?

DayoftheDante
Fri, 04-20-2007, 07:26 AM
i've been hearing stuff around this one...but the most intresting i found was that he was the third hogake surviving from the nine tail's chakra and he became the leader of he akatsuki...can somebody tell me if this is true...or just a rumor?

Don't know. And even if we did, wouldn't responding to this be the mother of all spoilers?

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-20-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm also assuming he meant Forth Hokage and not Third.

Anyway, I'm hoping this guy doesn't really look like Naruto. Way to many Naruto looking people in the show already. It's an overworn plot device.

Mr. Roboto
Fri, 04-20-2007, 09:29 AM

i doubt it's him. didn't orochimaru try to revive the fourth during his battle with the third but the third stopped it? it would be kind of hard to have a zombie running the organization.

someone was asking why akatsuki doesn't fight using their holograms. it might be a technique similar to the mind possession jutsu that leaves their real bodies exposed and open to attack.

i really liked the episode. the pace on it was good. i guess it's pretty obvious that sakura is going to save kankuro since the old lady made a reference to tsunade being able to stop it. i liked seeing that team gai is still in tact. this really is setting up to be a big battle with a lot of good ninjas from konoha on their way to the sand village. things don't look too good for gaara.

masamuneehs
Fri, 04-20-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm also assuming he meant Forth Hokage and not Third.

Anyway, I'm hoping this guy doesn't really look like Naruto. Way to many Naruto looking people in the show already. It's an overworn plot device.

i had the same bad feeling though, that Zero is actually the fourth Hokage... I mean, it feels like they've kept him out of the storyline for a reason.... and lame as it would be, that reason might very well be to make him into a surprise villain...

i'm grasping at straws here, and I'll fucking perma ban the person who spoils anything on this. right now though, i think this is a serious possiblity

Assertn
Fri, 04-20-2007, 11:25 AM
I'll say this though, I don't get their symbol names. It's literally just like 9 random words. What the hell do Boars, the number 3 and South have to do with one another? It just doesn't make any sense.

I think I read somewhere that the symbols correlate to the 10 zodiac signs of mythical chinese history...or something. Much of the Naruto series has elements from asian traditions and the like.

Another interesting thing to note: Each symbol that appeared below each akatsuki is the same as the symbol on their rings....AND the finger that their ring is on is the same as the finger of the statue that they stood on.

Also, I think oro's ring said sky if anyone's interested.

Psyke
Fri, 04-20-2007, 11:39 AM
The 10 rings are based on the first of these characters:

零: Zero
青龍: Green dragon
白虎: White tiger
朱雀: Vermilion phoenix
玄武: Illusion arts
空陳: Emptyness
南斗: Southern star
北斗: Northen star
三台: 3 levels
玉女: Jade maiden

These are based on my own translations so take them with a pinch of salt. I don't think these are spoilers for anything, but feel free to modify if you feel that they should not be in this thread.

redcat
Fri, 04-20-2007, 04:37 PM
i have a feeling they will succeed in taking shukaku from gaara and he'll be gald to have gotten rid of it. i just hope he can contol sand without it.

ZERO
This guy comes outta nowhere this episode and is pimp boss daddy of Akatsuki. I don't think anyone can doubt that this is the main motherfucker. Since Sasori and Deidara had to let him Darth Vader Summon Jutsu (through the freakin hologram!) to get that freaky Jinchuuriki Soul-Sucker for them, it clearly shows to me that he is A#1 Duke of Akatsuki. Plus his name is Zero!
you sure his name is zero and not just his symbol?

masamuneehs
Fri, 04-20-2007, 04:52 PM
symbol, name, whatever. it's clear that he's going to be central to the future of this show. at least we have something to call him, is all i'm saying.

I'd trust Psyke's translations more than others. The thing that strikes me is the two "Star" members with opposite poles. What does that hint at? Family maybe?

DB_Hunter
Fri, 04-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Well it seems that that really is Gaara with them and not a Sand shell... I mean I think its a bit of a long shot to expect all of the Akatsuki memebers to be fooled by that trick. Then again, the rest of them seem to be holograms and may not be able to detect such a thing unless they were in person.

I can't believe though that if it really is Gaara he's been knocked out for two days! I mean come on he a Jinchuuriki and the Kazekage, and after so long he still hasn't recovered?? Something's not right or this is a bit unrealistic even for the anime.

The Zero guy being Yondaime? Come on this is a bit far fetched. The guy's soul was consumed by the sealing jutsu he performed on Kyuubi, how the hell did he get out? If he did manage to escape then that means that Sandaime could return as well. Which sounds to unreal.

And we finally get to know who Zetsu is via the non-spoiler method. He looks kinda creepy, with that fly trap thing and all. I think that he needs to be dispatced ASAP by someone. By the way anyone else think the sound that is made when Akatsuki members perform a handseal seems straight from a Looney Toons cartoon?

The re-enforcements should be good. Would be nice to see Neji and Rock Lee fight again. Can't quite figure out how the action will start from this point, but my hunch is that what Akatsuki have really is a sand shell and not Gaara. If that's the case I think they are gonna come rushing back to Sand in not too happy a mood.

Kraco
Fri, 04-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I kept thinking the same thing during this whole episode: Unless Sasori injected some drug into Gaara, there's no way he would sleep all that time. Well, I suppose we will learn the truth sooner or later. Hopefully, or it will become as a plot hole.

Harima Kenji
Fri, 04-20-2007, 06:25 PM
It would be very disappointing if it wás Gaara that is being sealed..I was hoping to see more Shukaku scenes. After 2 days Gaara should've recovered as said above somewhere.

The Thing with Chiyo and Kakashi:
I just watched the scene again, and you can clearly see Kakashi freezing and looking shocked when he sees Chiyo. So the White Fang would be Kakashi.. dunno why Chiyo's so pissed at him, but we'll see that next week.

I hope that the 'curing Kankurou' part will not take the whole episode.. the pacing of this epidode was great, and It would be a shame to kick it back again.

Is it just me, or does it look like there hasn't been one 'budget episode' yet? The art looks good and I haven't seen any deformed heads or something.

I also love the Akatsuki theme :)

chet_chetty
Fri, 04-20-2007, 08:36 PM

I dont know if other translations have a feminine connotation like this one but, it wouldnt be farfetched to say there's at least 1 female Akatsuki member.

JaySee
Fri, 04-20-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm pretty sure Naruto has been knocked out for days as well. It's no plot hole.

nests
Fri, 04-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Whats was with all the Sneezing

Assertn
Fri, 04-20-2007, 09:38 PM
I dont know if other translations have a feminine connotation like this one but, it wouldnt be farfetched to say there's at least 1 female Akatsuki member.
I.....think that is supposed to be for itachi....
Is jade similiar to crimson?

Assassin
Fri, 04-20-2007, 09:56 PM
To everyone who thinks it isn't really garaa.....what do you think is more likely:

1) Garaa has been knocked out due to exhaustion/chakra depleetion/drugs when he was captured, especially considering one of the guys who captured him is apparently a genius with chemicals.

OR

2) Its actually a sand shell; all of these S-Rank ninja's have been fooled (including sasori and diedra who've been carrying the shell for 2 days) and the real garaa has just decided to not return to the sand village for 2 days and cause a panic for no apparent reason.

seriously, stop grasping at straws with illogical explanations just cuz you guys can't get over the fact that garaa got his ass kicked. If garaa had managed to escape, kishi wouldn't waste everyones time with the stuff thats been happening for the like the last 3 episodes. He would've shown up as soon as akatsuki left.

As for the akatski symbols, i dont think they're complately random. Like itachi's for example was crimson, which could be a reference to the sharingan/mangekyou ability. Theres also a symbol/character connection with one of the yet-undisclosed members which the manga readers should've picked up on. I think its possible that the symbols have somethign to do with the persons history/ability/background or some such.

Yukimura
Fri, 04-20-2007, 09:57 PM
I linked Psyke's symbols with the names we know.

零: Zero: Guy who tells people what to do
青龍: Green dragon: Blue - Deidara
白虎: White tiger: White: Unknown
朱雀: Vermilion phoenix: Crimson - Itachi
玄武: Illusion arts: Boar - Zetsu
空陳: Emptyness: Not shown - Oro?
南斗: Southern star: South - Kisame?
北斗: Northen star: North - Unknown
三台: 3 levels: Three - Unknown
玉女: Jade maiden: Orb - Sasori

Munsu
Fri, 04-20-2007, 10:36 PM
The 10 rings are based on the first of these characters:

零: Zero
青龍: Green dragon
白虎: White tiger
朱雀: Vermilion phoenix
玄武: Illusion arts
空陳: Emptyness
南斗: Southern star
北斗: Northen star
三台: 3 levels

These are based on my own translations so take them with a pinch of salt. I don't think these are spoilers for anything, but feel free to modify if you feel that they should not be in this thread.
I'm wondering, where does the second set of sybols come from? As only the first portion of the kanji pairs appear in the symbols shown.

For green dragon, I'm under the impression that it can also be "blue" as translated in the fansubs... How do you know which one to choose? I know the kanji is for "ao" which means "blue".

I think Illusion Arts is more accurate than "boar". The first kanji is for "gen", and if we place it in the world of Naruto as genjutsu, then Illusion is clearly more appropiate.

And Assertn, Jade Maiden is not the same symbol as the crimson one. The one that reffers to the crimson in the fansub, is the one that Psyke translated as vermilion, which can also be translated as red, scarlet, etc.

Jade Maiden reffers to the symbol under Sasori. I'm not sure about "jade" as translation, maybe "Jewel" might be more appropiate.

Also the Emptyness one, where did you get those set of Kanji since I didn't see them in the anime. Or is that from Oro's ring? Well Assertn said that it was translated as "Sky", which seems correct when the kanji's romaji is "sora" which is traditionally translated as sky, but I like the meaning of void so I think Emptyness is appropiate. Or maybe "vacant" can also be used.

I'm using some dictionaries to check on the meanings, so I'm not really sure if my assumptions have any accuracies on them, especially on the real meanings of the kanjis, but it seems to make sense.

JaySee
Fri, 04-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Whats was with all the Sneezing
It means people are talking about them. No clue why Konohamaru's teacher was sneezing though. No one cares about him.

I.....think that is supposed to be for itachi....
Is jade similiar to crimson?
Itachi is the phoenix. Vermilion is red aka Crimson.

Jade is green. The "Jade maiden" is "Orb" aka Sasori. I'll ask some of my Chinese friends what these characters mean.

Psyke, can you tell us where you got these names from?

Munsu
Fri, 04-20-2007, 11:00 PM
I think he was simply faking a cold, as to not be sent on an S-Rank mission. As for Gai's sneeze, I have no clue, but the Tsunade one is clearly because someone was talking about her.

JaySee
Fri, 04-20-2007, 11:02 PM
I think he was simply faking a cold, as to not be sent on an S-Rank mission. As for Gai's sneeze, I have no clue, but the Tsunade one is clearly because someone was talking about her.
Faking a cold makes sense.

Gai's sneeze I think was Kishi's way to make fun of all the damn sneezing going on. :rolleyes:

Zetsu's symbol was 亥 not 玄. 亥 means boar in the kanji dictionary i'm looking at. 玄 means subtle or far.

I asked a Japanese friend what 青 and 玉 stand for and she said blue and ball respectively. Haven't asked my Chinese friends yet. I wish I knew Hanja or someone who knows Hanja.

This is taken from a Kanji dictionary:
女 means woman, but it can also mean sissy.
青 means blue, but it can also be pale or springtime of youth.
朱 means vermillion, but it can also mean stained in blood.
玉 means ball or coin.
雀 means bird.
武 means brave, strong, manly.
空 means sky, air, or empty
陳 means arrange or express
台 means stage, level, quantifier, support, pedastal, level

I think this shows why Koreans and Japanese stopped using Chinese as their main source of writing. :D

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-21-2007, 01:30 AM
I'm Chinese, and the translations look right to me. One thing to note though, a lot of Kanji have the same meaning in Chinese, but there are some that have a completely different meaning. for example, 南瓜 means pumkin in Chinese, but in Japanese it's 南京, as they don't have 瓜. 南京, to a chinese would mean "south capital".

青 is also commonly confused. A dictionary definition is that it is a shade of blue, but it is often used to describe both blue and green. Green Grass, for example, would be 青草 (in both Chinese and Kanji).

Also, Kanji (漢字) means "Chinese Characters/Words" (漢 being the predominant ethnic group in China in past times)

DarthEnderX
Sat, 04-21-2007, 05:20 AM
I think he was simply faking a cold, as to not be sent on an S-Rank mission. As for Gai's sneeze, I have no clue, but the Tsunade one is clearly because someone was talking about her.Well, when Tsunade sneezed, someone made mention of their being a cold going around. Everyone else sneezing was probably just to show that their actually WAS a cold going around.

Psyke
Sat, 04-21-2007, 09:05 AM
Yup, I made a mistake regarding the 青. It's green tiger, another term used in chinese mythology, although the direct translation should be blue instead of green. But like what Buffolobiian mentioned it can sometimes be used interchangebly.

玉 and 女, when used together is normally used to describe a fair maiden, or like what I used previously using direct translations, a jade maiden. 玉, by itself can also mean something which is spherical in shape. 元気玉, which means genki dama, was Gokou's Spirit bomb in DBZ.

I also made another mistake earlier. 雀 refers to peacock, rather than phoenix. I don't know why I typed in phoenix instead of peacock......

Vermillion or 朱, as Bud mentioned can also be translated to scarlet. I used vermillion because most HK movies I watched used this word rather than "scarlet" (vermiliion is useful against chinese zombies).

A note to you guys on the characters: if you're searching for the meanings based on only 1 out of the 2 characters associated, most of the time you will get totally different meanings. That's because Kanji have a lot of different meanings when used in different context. For eg: 青春 means "youth", while 青空 means "blue sky". On the whole, it's not easy to provide for an exact translation, as some of the characters are seldom used and the context it is used in makes a big difference.

RyougaZell
Sat, 04-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Good episode.
If only it had been released sooner... a few days ago I mentioned Zetsu and got a warning. Damn.

Gai sneezing was in the manga.

Nai
Sat, 04-21-2007, 08:49 PM
So, the most awesome Akatsuki member has been named. Zetsu, is it?

... What do you mean we haven't seen enough of him yet to grant him such an esteemed title? The dude deals with plants ( plants, I say! ) and has the most badass voice to ever grace the anime. Of course he's the most awesome one, people! Plus, he dresses funky.

I think that he needs to be dispatced ASAP by someone.
Kindly die in a pit of carnivorous flowers.

Assertn
Sun, 04-22-2007, 03:24 AM
And we finally get to know who Zetsu is via the non-spoiler method. He looks kinda creepy, with that fly trap thing and all. I think that he needs to be dispatced ASAP by someone.

dispatch - To relegate to a specific destination or send on specific business.
He was dispatched. The leader guy assigned him to scout for any attackers.

XanBcoo
Sun, 04-22-2007, 04:29 AM
I think perhaps DB_Hunter meant "disposed of"??

In any case, this certainly was an enjoyable episode, especially the introductions (kind of...) of the rest of the Akatsuki members. Two of them - "north" and "three" - look surprisingly plain in my opinion. Also, the Leader is clearly not the 4th Hokage. He doesn't even look remotely similar...

Also, like Terra, I love Neji's new look. Just like his pappy~

Edit:

South - Kisame
Shark man. Seven Shinobi Swordsman formerly of the Mist village. His blade wants to eat you. He's got fucking gills.
This description made me laugh.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 04-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Sorry I had a context in mind when I used the word dispatch, which I didn't make clear in the post. What I was trying to say is someone should get rid of him.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 04-22-2007, 10:04 AM
The Thing with Chiyo and Kakashi:
I just watched the scene again, and you can clearly see Kakashi freezing and looking shocked when he sees Chiyo. So the White Fang would be Kakashi.. dunno why Chiyo's so pissed at him, but we'll see that next week.

Well...wouldn't you be freezing if some crazy old hag starts charging at you and starts screaming"Curse you" and "Prepare yourself"? And the the "heeeh?" Kakashi does when Chiyo is charging at him sounds more like he is surprised. But more in a way like
"What is that crazy old woman charging at me for?"

Yukimura
Sun, 04-22-2007, 10:50 AM
I'd agree with NeoCybercoin, I got the impression that he was surprised b/c he had no idea what was going on. If he'd known her from the past he probably wouldn't have been so shocked and would have just taken action himself.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 04-22-2007, 11:27 AM
I would agree with the last two posts as well. Judging by the preview of next week its clear nothing major happens, or they would not carry on as normal. Chiyo will probably just end up tripping and falling before she even reaches Kakashi. What I'm interested in is why is she behaving like that.

Munsu
Sun, 04-22-2007, 03:13 PM
I'd agree with NeoCybercoin, I got the impression that he was surprised b/c he had no idea what was going on. If he'd known her from the past he probably woulnd't have been so shocked and would have just taken action himself.
I think he does know who she is, and recognized her... Of course he's surprised she is charging him, regardless of if he knows her or not, it was the Sand that asked Konoha for help and they are currently allies, so there shouldn't be a reason for her to charge at him.

XanBcoo
Sun, 04-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Wow...some of you are trying way too hard to read into Kakashi's reaction that was seen for the last 2 and a half seconds of the episode. Clearly he's just "surprised" and any reason for that is probably gonna be revealed in the first few minutes of the next episode. Any speculation about why he's surprised judging from his expression alone is crossing the line between "speculation" and "making shit up". I doubt it's even that big a deal...

Chiyo probably hasn't gotten that much stronger in her old age anyway:
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7993/chiyochanak0.jpg

JaySee
Sun, 04-22-2007, 10:08 PM
I find it odd that people who read the manga and already know are speculating. :D

Munsu
Sun, 04-22-2007, 10:38 PM
That's the way it should be.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-23-2007, 04:46 PM
dispatch - To relegate to a specific destination or send on specific business.
He was dispatched. The leader guy assigned him to scout for any attackers.dis·patch /dɪˈspætʃ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-spach] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object)
1. to send off or away with speed, as a messenger, telegram, body of troops, etc.
2. to dismiss (a person), as after an audience.
3. to put to death; kill: The spy was promptly dispatched.

Yukimura
Mon, 04-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Sometimes we share speculations from back when we first read things, and sometimes we come up with new speculations that fit the current facts of the anime. It's fairly easy (in my experiance) to separate what's happened in the manga from what's happened in the anime since they look so different in memory.

Lol @ Formerly Below: Don't spoil animus...

animus
Mon, 04-23-2007, 11:30 PM
**Spoilers for those who haven't read the manga**

There's absolutely no spoilers here, not even with warnings. Go read again our policy on spoilers

Assertn
Tue, 04-24-2007, 12:25 AM
dis·patch /dɪˈspætʃ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-spach] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object)
1. to send off or away with speed, as a messenger, telegram, body of troops, etc.
2. to dismiss (a person), as after an audience.
3. to put to death; kill: The spy was promptly dispatched.

Well that's great and all, but clearly the first one was most applicable giving the circumstances in this episode.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-24-2007, 02:48 AM
Hmmm, earlier in the thread, dimitris127 mentioned that Zero might have been the Fourth Hokage. I was just thinking, has it ever been explained why he sealed the Nine tails into Naruto and not himself, like how Third did with First and Second Hokages? Besides making the story of Naruto possible. :) .

(Just hit me that all the deceased Hokages are bound in hell)

XanBcoo
Tue, 04-24-2007, 03:41 AM
Hmmm, earlier in the thread, dimitris127 mentioned that Zero might have been the Fourth Hokage. I was just thinking, has it ever been explained why he sealed the Nine tails into Naruto and not himself, like how Third did with First and Second Hokages? Besides making the story of Naruto possible. :)
Besides the fact that "Zero" looks nothing like the 4th, it wouldn't make any sense for the 4th Hokage to spend so much time and effort collecting the Jinchuuriki when he basically was in possession of Kyuubi right from the start.

I liked it better when all talk of the 4th pertained to him being Naruto's father. At least that theory is logically plausible.

Munsu
Tue, 04-24-2007, 06:24 AM
Hmmm, earlier in the thread, dimitris127 mentioned that Zero might have been the Fourth Hokage. I was just thinking, has it ever been explained why he sealed the Nine tails into Naruto and not himself, like how Third did with First and Second Hokages? Besides making the story of Naruto possible. :) .

(Just hit me that all the deceased Hokages are bound in hell)
I'm pretty sure it was explained that the Kyuubi was so sinister that he needed to seal it into something pure, and there's nothing purer than a newborn baby. I may be mistaken.

Assertn
Tue, 04-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Nah, the closest thing we got is Jiraiya explaining that naruto was chosen as a vessel for the kyubi so he could harness its powers for his own protection.

Jessper
Tue, 04-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Anyone else find it odd that with all this sleeping Gaara is doing, his Jinchuuriki hasn't appeared? They made such a big deal about it before, and passing out from exhaustion shouldn't be so different from regular sleep which is when it appears.

Idealistic
Tue, 04-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Anyone else find it odd that with all this sleeping Gaara is doing, his Jinchuuriki hasn't appeared? They made such a big deal about it before, and passing out from exhaustion shouldn't be so different from regular sleep which is when it appears.

I think he's probably learned to suppress it? That's my only explanation.

XanBcoo
Tue, 04-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I think Gaara has just learned to suppress his demon. He's at least able to control Shukakku's powers without losing his mind, so I guess we can assume he has a great deal more control over it?

Doesn't explain why he's still got that eyeshadow on.

bagandscalpel
Tue, 04-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I think Gaara has just learned to suppress his demon. He's at least able to control Shukakku's powers without losing his mind, so I guess we can assume he has a great deal more control over it?

Doesn't explain why he's still got that eyeshadow on.
Alas, he just wouldn't be Gaara with only the "ai" above his left eyebrow, now would he?

Darthmoe
Tue, 04-24-2007, 06:34 PM
The leader of Akatsuki, "zero," looks like shino to me.

Shino wears shades to hide those eyes, and he has the same hair and hides his mouth with a tall collar

Munsu
Tue, 04-24-2007, 06:50 PM
It would be really interesting if someone from Shino's family had something to do with Akatsuki. He surely is the most interesting and underdeveloped character in Naruto, so I'd find it interesting if that was the case...

Assertn
Tue, 04-24-2007, 07:24 PM

No, the result of gaara sleeping is shukaku eating away his "personality".
In order for shukaku to externally manifest, gaara has to go through the transformation first.

JaySee
Wed, 04-25-2007, 02:48 AM
Alas, he just wouldn't be Gaara with only the "ai" above his left eyebrow, now would he?

Isn't it odd that Temari's brothers wear more make-up than her? :D

Kraco
Wed, 04-25-2007, 03:29 AM

No. They must feel enourmous pressure for having the most gorgeous girl of the hidden villages as their sister. Maybe they desperately try to match her natural beauty by any means available, including make-up...

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-25-2007, 04:04 AM
Actually, yeah, Zero's hair does look like Shino's.

But, if you take color out of the equation, Shino and Naruto's hair looks the same. They even wear their headbands the same.

ASSpirine
Wed, 04-25-2007, 07:41 AM
I didn't even think about Yondaime as being the leader of the Akatsuki. Many started thinking about the possibility cause they zoomed in on the leader for a second or 2. It keeps getting interesting :)

Just wondered something and it would be a flaw of the animation studios, but look at 9:13. You see the boulder that's blocking the entrance to the cave where the Akatsuki meet, Deidara used a seal to move it to the top. But when you look at it, the boulder already is at it's top. The cave would prevent it of moving upwards.

Dont double post. That's what the edit button is for.
-Assassin

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-25-2007, 07:59 AM
*shrugs* Genjutsu maybe? lol.

Yeah, looks like a lil flaw.

GreatLimmick
Wed, 04-25-2007, 12:55 PM
It's possible that she does wear makeup, but applies it in a subtle manner that doesn't call attention to it.

Unless you believe that Ino and Sakura don't wear makeup either?

Just wondered something and it would be a flaw of the animation studios, but look at 9:13. You see the boulder that's blocking the entrance to the cave where the Akatsuki meet, Deidara used a seal to move it to the top. But when you look at it, the boulder already is at it's top. The cave would prevent it of moving upwards.
Some kind of Earth technique that lets one stone meld into another? Or maybe there's simply a cavity bored into the cliff that's big enough to hold the boulder. It's not like there are too many people who are strong enough to just lift a boulder that huge.

XanBcoo
Wed, 04-25-2007, 01:48 PM
But, if you take color out of the equation, Shino and Naruto's hair looks the same. They even wear their headbands the same.
So...what? Now Naruto's the possible leader of Akatsuki :p.

Actually, I'm not totally opposed to the idea that it's Shino, or at least someone in the Abarame clan.

Assertn
Thu, 04-26-2007, 03:08 AM
If the leader is from the aburame clan, then that would imply that the aburame clan is superior to the uchiha clan o.O

ASSpirine
Thu, 04-26-2007, 07:25 AM
Well, a clan that, to my knowledge, only has 2 members left and a clan that's livin' the grand life would not be stronger. But, it's still Itachi...

Did you also notice that most of the Akatsuki has weird eyes?
- Itachi --> Red Sharingan eyes
- Kisame --> Litlle beady eyes
- Leader Akatsuki (Zero) --> An obvious big Iris + pupil
- Zetsu --> Two different eyes
- North --> Green eyes without pupils like Byakugan...
- Three --> Red eyes, not sharingan I think :-P

But then again, the whole Naruto universe has a lot of eye thingies

Turkish-S
Thu, 04-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Old akatsuki member oro has snake eyes.

GreatLimmick
Fri, 04-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Well, a clan that, to my knowledge, only has 2 members left and a clan that's livin' the grand life would not be stronger. But, it's still Itachi...
Not that the Sharingan would be much use against the Aburames' bugs. They can't be copied because they're pets. If the fillers are to be believed, they're not smart enough for genjutsu to work on them. Maybe their movements can be predicted, but that's not all that helpful if they completely surround you and then close in from all directions.

But then, that's what fire jutsu are for...