PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 351

nests
Wed, 04-18-2007, 09:22 AM
warning the following are spoiler pics

Pic 1 (http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8748/2vnfa0liy6.jpg)
Pic 2 (http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7383/4de8n7kvt9.jpg)

Naruto 351 MQ Raw (SS) (http://www.sendspace.com/file/4cahl3)

I found this chapter somewhat interesting here is the raw you fiends.

Edit

Scanlation by Des (SS) (http://www.sendspace.com/file/yznq5n)

Munsu
Wed, 04-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Are you sure those aren't from 348?

Knives122
Wed, 04-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Nope, just went through 349 and they're not the same.

Assertn
Wed, 04-18-2007, 11:44 AM
discuss!

I'm going to guess that, based on those two spoiler pics, sasuke will break out into a beatnik poem, and Karin, of course, is there to become his groupie.

As for Sasuke's battle with Juugo, well, that remains inconclusive until further developments arrive.

Munsu
Wed, 04-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Nope, just went through 349 and they're not the same.
Sorry, meant 348... and I know it wasn't the same, just making a point on how those pics are useless as spoilers since they could've just been easily taken from a previous chapter, they don't reveal or provide anything worth discussing.

.noname.silent
Wed, 04-18-2007, 02:57 PM
discuss!
As for Sasuke's battle with Juugo, well, that remains inconclusive until further developments arrive.

look at the 2nd pic carefully and tell me you dont see his hair. i dont think there was a fight, just speculation

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 04-18-2007, 10:27 PM
His eyes dont lie. Sharingan was used for this one, that could be tight. See what he does with it. Cant wait for the whole thing....

-dg-

Idealistic
Thu, 04-19-2007, 12:17 AM
In that 2nd pic it seems like Sasuke did something and Karin got obsessed with it like all the girls do with Sasuke.

Raven
Thu, 04-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Man, they'd have to be just about the most useless spoiler pics ever. At least we know nobody died. *ahem*

Knives122
Thu, 04-19-2007, 08:44 AM
In that 2nd pic it seems like Sasuke did something and Karin got obsessed with it like all the girls do with Sasuke.

There was a fake script spoiler about this ch. that said Sasuke beat Juugo by closing the door and having Juugo run into it. Also That picture with Sasuke was him saying some poem that made Karin go all fangirl.

...I thought it was pretty funny.

Assertn
Thu, 04-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Also That picture with Sasuke was him saying some poem that made Karin go all fangirl.

...I thought it was pretty funny.

I thought it was pretty funny too, when i came up with it first :)

Tsukasa
Fri, 04-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Naruto 351 MQ Raw (SS) (http://www.sendspace.com/file/4cahl3)

I found this chapter somewhat interesting here is the raw you fiends.

Edit

Scanlation by Des (SS) (http://www.sendspace.com/file/yznq5n)

RyougaZell
Fri, 04-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Text Translation (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11767)

Interesting chapter.
Double personality? I was expecting that.

Partial transformation Curse Seal? Wasn't expecting that one. I thought Sasuke would discard that power.

"Juugo: Another copy of me? At least its better than that last copy, Kimimaro"

And next chapter: Itachi's whereabouts? Interesting...

nests
Fri, 04-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Man Sasuke is becoming way too cool I hope that he does meet Itachi he can at least get in one punch.

Koyuki
Fri, 04-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Hehe, I think Sasuke could almost fight him equally. Interesting chapter.

Raven
Fri, 04-20-2007, 11:33 AM
The "next chapter" title always lies. But anyway, good chapter this week. Interesting to see that Sasuke seems to be a whole other level above these guys.

Assertn
Fri, 04-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Looks like Juugo's curse seal abilities let him alter his fists into any physical form he wants. I was wondering what kind of form the original curse seal would have.

Honoko
Fri, 04-20-2007, 12:14 PM
And next chapter: Itachi's whereabouts? Interesting...
This means the next chapter will end with a scene of Itachi's foot somewhere :rolleyes:

February
Fri, 04-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Looks like Juugo's curse seal abilities let him alter his fists into any physical form he wants. I was wondering what kind of form the original curse seal would have.

are you sure that his power was altering his fist into any form?? From what I saw, I just thought it was one certain shape throughout the whole chapter..

anyhow, good chapter, it seems like Sasuke will be another snake-jutsu user....and this chapter really makes me like Suigetsu and Sasuke alot more

Assertn
Fri, 04-20-2007, 01:22 PM
are you sure that his power was altering his fist into any form?? From what I saw, I just thought it was one certain shape throughout the whole chapter..
In one scene he turns it into a piston on sasuke. Then later against suigetsu, he changes it into a big axe blade.

Idealistic
Fri, 04-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Hmmm.... Sasuke threatening to kill both of them? They said he had an unbelievable murderous intent... Doesn't sound like him.. And at the same time he uses snakes to stop them... Hmmm... What if it's Oro? He might just be playing along with Sasuke's plan until the right time comes or something... And at that point Oro was trying to make things move faster. Could be at a subconscious level where Sasuke doesn't even notice.

Anyways.. I was right about that Karin picture! Obsessed with something Sasuke did... lol..

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 04-20-2007, 04:10 PM
I love the fact that Karin's blushing picture came right after sasuke's incredibly phallic sleeve snakes slithered out.

Oh did Jugo's piston arm remind anyone else of big O?

I do like how he can change his body parts to suite his whim, kinda reminds me of a Japanese version of Carnage.

Assertn
Fri, 04-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Anyways.. I was right about that Karin picture! Obsessed with something Sasuke did... lol..
Erm..duh? What else would she have been blushing about? Juugo's pants dropping?

chet_chetty
Fri, 04-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Speculation on how Sasuke uses Oro's snake jutsu(s).

1. copied using sharingan
2. taught by Oro
3. possible access to Oro's (bloodline-type) jutsus via curse seal and/or Oro's existence in the ritual dimension/Sasuke's subconscious

DayoftheDante
Fri, 04-20-2007, 07:07 PM
It seems that Sasuke can tap into all the Jutsus Orochimaru used, and he can channel his personality whenever he wants too. Remember during the Chuunin exam that Sasuke mentioned something about a murderous intent when fighting a disguised Orochimaru? He's just the opposite of Juugo. Sasuke's personality dominates over Orochimaru, and Juugo's curse seal dominates over his OWN personality.

At any time Sasuke can think to himself "Orochimaru would be useful in this situation," and just pull him out of his ass.

toonice714
Fri, 04-20-2007, 07:07 PM
I was wondering about those snakes. Do you guys think that that is hidden snke hands or a kuchiyose no jutsu(summon). I know it is mostly likely not a summoning jutsu but that raises another queston about Oro's summoning jutsus b/c you need a blood contract so...... Since he changes bodies so often do you guys think he has to constantly make a new contract with manda? It also could be specific seals as well. Eventhough i hate sasuke with a burning passion i would love to see a Manda and Gamabunta rematch. Oh yeah i guess it would be ok if katsui goes to sakura but i hope katsui dies.

Idealistic
Fri, 04-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Erm..duh? What else would she have been blushing about? Juugo's pants dropping?

Let's see... There's a million things I could come up with... Can't a person enjoy himself being correct for once?

JaySee
Fri, 04-20-2007, 09:05 PM
I love the fact that Karin's blushing picture came right after sasuke's incredibly phallic sleeve snakes slithered out.

I do like how he can change his body parts to suite his whim, kinda reminds me of a Japanese version of Carnage.
It reminded me of Big O as well. Carnage is a rip-off of Terminator 2's T-1000. So he's a Japanese T-1000.

To the idiot who neg repped me that Carnage came out WAY before T2. Carnage came out in Amazing Spider-Man 360 and 361 published in March and April 1992. Terminator 2 was released in theatres July 1991.

Assertn
Fri, 04-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Speculation on how Sasuke uses Oro's snake jutsu(s).

1. copied using sharingan
2. taught by Oro
3. possible access to Oro's (bloodline-type) jutsus via curse seal and/or Oro's existence in the ritual dimension/Sasuke's subconscious

Probably a combination of 1 and 2.

Anko's used hidden snake hands before, so it can't be a bloodlimit or anything too fancy.

AlbinoFury
Fri, 04-20-2007, 11:37 PM
Is it too hard to believe that oro let his primary student sign the snake summoning contract? jiraiya let naruto years ago.

elmojo
Sat, 04-21-2007, 10:29 AM
sasuke is scary :p

Lithonite
Sun, 04-22-2007, 06:54 AM
That killing Intent, thus far the only person we have seen display a paralyzing killing intent is Orochimaru. Sasuke not even wanting to kill the lowly annoyances that cross his path.. somthing is not right.

The 2 theories supplied thus far that can even work are;

Sasuke having the ability to release a bit of the subdued traits and personality of Orochimaru.

or

Orochimaru isnt going out like the way he was portrayed to have.( he either knows he cannot over take Sasuke will as it is or Oro is consciousness has bubbled to the surface and he is hiding it for one reason or another- so Sasuske doesn't work on some countermeasure to totally suppress him)

Or perhaps Sasuke is more than any of us have calculated/read thus far... One thing i do speculate is he cant kill Itachi as he could not even kill a sickly Orochimaru. His eyes can do nothing about the mange sharingan...

Knives122
Sun, 04-22-2007, 08:34 AM
sasuke is scary :p

Yeah and Jugo's 2nd CS form is Big O.

Munsu
Sun, 04-22-2007, 03:25 PM
I wouldn't read too much into the "killing intent" bit. This was probably a translation for the word "sakki", which is also usually translated as "thirst for blood", so it doesn't necessarily mean that he wanted to kill them. The word is usually used in ninja/samurai mangas and anime to show that the character means business and that he's not anyone to be messing with. Even the most benevolent person in the series will be given this trait in some circumstances if his bottons are pressed right and he needs to show that he's capable of doing some heavy damage.

big_ac
Sun, 04-22-2007, 10:34 PM
For example, Kenshin Himura is frequently described as possessing sakki, but he is by far the most light-hearted of characters and rarely kills anyone except to save his friends.

Psyke
Mon, 04-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Pardon me for yet another break down on Japanese translation~ :)

殺気 (sakki): Also known as the "intent to kill", or a "murderous intent"

殺 = Kill
気 = Aura (it also refers to energy, as in 気功)

In short, having 殺気 around means that some one is exhibiting an intent to kill somebody else. And in the manga/anime world, this can be felt through the air and surroundings (but of course). For those who watched the movie "Hero" by Jet Li, there is this scene where his 殺気 caused the candles in front of him to flicker.

Trivial: In the street fighter story line, Ryu was consumed by the 殺意の波動 (Satsui no Hado) which literally means "surge of the intent to kill".

Munsu
Mon, 04-23-2007, 02:55 PM
殺気 <--- I don't know much about Kanji, but wouldn't this make "satsu ki", and if not, is it actually romanized as sakki as you said above? And was that kanji what was actually used in the manga?

chet_chetty
Mon, 04-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Probably a combination of 1 and 2.

Anko's used hidden snake hands before, so it can't be a bloodlimit or anything too fancy.

I guess what I really meant to say was Sasuke gained this ability after Oro's ritual dimension was taken over by Sasuke's will (after Oro's soul got in Sasuke's mind).

You think it's too farfetched to say Sasuke got access to Oro's abilities because of the soul takeover gone wrong?

Sasuke's current state reminds me of Orochimaru's explanation to the prison fight winner about the body transfer. The prisoner wondered what would happen to his soul after the transfer and Oro says that it would continue to exist in the back off Oro's consciousness while Oro has full control of the body.

I feel like Oro's situation right now is he's in the back of Sasuke's consciousness while Sasuke has full control of his own body.

The difference is I felt the prisoner's soul was completely subdued by Oro's will and his soul would resume control of his body only if or when Oro allowed it. We do not know if Sasuke has that same control to subdue Oro's soul.

Psyke
Mon, 04-23-2007, 05:49 PM
殺気 <--- I don't know much about Kanji, but wouldn't this make "satsu ki", and if not, is it actually romanized as sakki as you said above? And was that kanji what was actually used in the manga?

Yes, you are quite correct. But Kanji is not always pronounced in the same way when used in different context. 殺 = satsu when you use it as a single character (verb), but becomes 殺気 sakki when you use it as a noun. It's a little difficult to understand, but that's how different pronounciations happen with the same character.

Simple example: the word "today" and the word for "now"

今日 = kyou
今 = ima

They use the same character, but are pronounced in a totally different way. Hope this clears up some of the confusion. :)

itadakimasu
Mon, 04-23-2007, 11:00 PM

YES! LOL that was all i thought about when he had the piston kinda thing... BIG O, SHOWTIME!!

this was a really good chapter. i think that suigetsu came out to look like he may be pretty powerful since juugo remembers fighting with him.

and the snakes.... great; keeps us guessing on the fate of Orichimaru.

darkmetal505
Tue, 04-24-2007, 06:04 PM
How about Sasuke was tired of two whiny bastards wasting his time and imposed his power to shut them up. The snakes come from his training with Orochimaru.