PDA

View Full Version : Yorouichi's zanpakutou

itadakimasu
Tue, 04-17-2007, 09:57 PM
OK. I'm curious and didn't see any other threads about this. Where is Yorouichi's zanpaktou? what is it? I dont think that she could go without one having been a shinigami. all i can think is that maybe she's merged with it to give her super fighting skills. idk

Assassin
Tue, 04-17-2007, 10:17 PM
I do believe this came up once before, though it was most likely in an episode discussion thread.

We've never seen yorouchi's zanpaktouh, and there's never been any indication that she hides or or lost it or whatever. I've always figured she never really had one. Or rather, she had some other manifestation of her soul (or whatever a zanpaktouh is) instead of a sword. The shikai and bankai of the various shinigami usually seem to represent thier inner selves, and the actual sword is just a container or sorts (remember, even the lower shinigami have swords. they just dont have shikai's).....for yorouchi, i suppose that inner power is well.....in her. Maybe the whole turning into a cat thing is her shikai? i mean, no other shinigami seems to be able to do the shit she does. That power had to come from somewhere.

Another possible (and more probable) theory is that she never had a sword as she's not really a shinigami.....atleast not in the normal sense. If i remember my bleach history correctly, she was the captain of the black-ops squad or something. Not the same as the gotei 13, like all the other captains. I dont think she or any of her squad ever went out hollow hunting like the rest of the shinigami. They purpose was something else (i dont know if it was ever stated what they actually did).

Kraco
Wed, 04-18-2007, 02:42 AM
Soi Fong, who inherited Yoruichi's position, is a captain of the Gotei 13, though. That would indicate Yoruichi was as well. If I recall correctly, it looked like those black-ops were some sort of a police force to keep internal order in the Seireitei. I guess in practice they rounded up drunken shinigami and put them in cells to sober up...

Munsu
Wed, 04-18-2007, 03:12 AM
Not sure, but I think that section wasn't part of the Gotei 13 when Yoruichi was around... so proabably she wasn't Captain either.

Anyways, wikipedia has a picture of her with a zanpakutou from the anime:

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5407/yorzan2jz1.th.jpg (http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=yorzan2jz1.jpg)

Necromas
Wed, 04-18-2007, 07:52 PM
I believe she was probably a captain at the time seeing as she had the white captains jacket, didn't she?

-If she was a captain, then she must have a bankai, because we know that: A. Kenpachi is the only captain who hasn't achieved bankai, and B. Yorouichi does have a zanpakuto as shown in the picture.

-Perhaps her bankai is a non-combat one, which is unlikely since she is a close combat type, unless it is something that helps her train in some inhuman way, thus allowing her to master her god of flash techniques.

-It could also be something that's continuously active. (if it's a continuously active one, the shikai effect could be the cat form and the bankai effect could be something we haven't seen yet).

-We can be pretty sure that we haven't seen her bankai since nobody in the series so far has been able to use their bankai without shouting bankai to activate it.

-A reason she didn't use her bankai against Soi Fong could be that she was worried about killing her.

Honinbou
Thu, 04-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Hmmz
In SS saga she did do bankai. If I recall correctly, the thing on her finger that causes a Black butterfly on some1 the first hit.. and 2nd hit would be sure death..
so I think that was her zanpaktou's Bankai... Look back to that episode and you'll see her zanpaktou I presume... might be some sort of dagger or so..

Turkish-S
Thu, 04-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I hope you are referring to soi fong she had the dagger thing not yoruichi.

btw you should ask comp to change your name into buizerd :D..

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Thu, 04-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Hmmz
In SS saga she did do bankai. If I recall correctly, the thing on her finger that causes a Black butterfly on some1 the first hit.. and 2nd hit would be sure death..
so I think that was her zanpaktou's Bankai... Look back to that episode and you'll see her zanpaktou I presume... might be some sort of dagger or so..

Thats Soi Fong's not Yorouichi and it was the shikai not her bankai.

jing
Tue, 04-24-2007, 04:28 PM
There are such things as just a regular katana...

DB_Hunter
Wed, 04-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Not in SS....

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-28-2007, 02:21 PM
I passed through those chapters today...
Soi fong has a soul cutter, which turns into the finger dagger thing with the butterfly, and as the 2nd divison commander, can call out lots of henchmen weaklings.
so yourichi probably has a sword, just not out in the open.