PDA

View Full Version : What do you wish Kishimoto would have done differently?

Assertn
Sun, 04-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Ok so like, post something that you think should have been done differently. Not so much "blah I hate this and this" but rather, "instead of doing this, he should've done that...and this would make the story more interesting because..."

For me it would have to be the inclusion of hunter-nins in Konoha. This was a central plot point in the first arc, and Kakashi even said that the mysteries of his sharingan were vital to Konoha, and that he would have to be disposed off if he went out of the village's grasp. Now here we have Sasuke, who's been hanging around the biggest threat to Konoha for 2.5 years, the biggest threat that definitely intends to steal the very thing that any village would want to hold secret, and Konoha hasn't done a single thing about it! I find that ridiculously disappointing.

Instead, they should've fleshed out the Roots division to cover the hunter-nin class, and have them compete against Naruto in finding Sasuke. Then the introduction of Sai into Naruto's team would be their big plan to finally track down Sasuke after 2.5 years of searching. This would give the Roots a much more interesting role than whatever bullshit they seem to be doing now, as its still ultimately for the good of Konoha, and it will provide Kishimoto with many more avenues that he can direct the plot along as well (Which I'm sure many manga writers appreciate having when they write a huge series).

Munsu
Sun, 04-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Probably we need more taijutsu in the fights, instead of characters simply trading jutsus in battle. And if they use jutsus, for them to actually be used in combination with taijutsu. The repetition of jutsus need to stop also, these ninjas should know way more jutsus than the ones they always use in battle.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 04-15-2007, 03:47 PM
One thing that I give kishi props for in my book is offering Oro. It was something that needed to be done for the longest time. Feels like finally one of the biggest open plot lines in naruto has finally been drawn to close and now the storyline has more breathing room.

Although I must say I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of akatsuki character development. Honestly I was really curious to hear some hint of a back story for Hidan and Kuzuzu but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen any time soon. Same goes for Zetzu, Diadara, and kisame.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 04-15-2007, 06:34 PM
I think that more information and scenes on Asuma would have been nice. His death was wasted. I mean if they would have put him in more scenes I would have felt bad, but I didnt really know him. Yeah it was cool that we found out that he was the Son of the 3rd, but they called him Sarutobi Asuma in the first Arc. So with that said, more Asuma. Would have made Kureni's pain more real as well.

-dg-

The Master
Wed, 04-18-2007, 08:08 AM
I wish that sasori had not died as i thought he had the poetential to become and intresting character and i also think that it would be nice to know a bit more about the other countries

elmojo
Wed, 04-18-2007, 09:28 PM
just some loopholes.. like how the hell sasuke could beat orichimaru and kakashi was peeing his pants (mind you kakashi was considered more elite than sasuke in his younger days) when orichimaru faced him

other than that i think the story is progressing fandabidozo!

Assertn
Thu, 04-19-2007, 02:25 PM
just some loopholes.. like how the hell sasuke could beat orichimaru and kakashi was peeing his pants (mind you kakashi was considered more elite than sasuke in his younger days) when orichimaru faced him

other than that i think the story is progressing fandabidozo!

Not a loophole.....
Kakashi had recently admitted that Naruto has exceeded him. If Sasuke hasn't exceeded Kakashi too, then how else would he be able to compete with Naruto?

bagandscalpel
Thu, 04-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Although I must say I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of akatsuki character development. Honestly I was really curious to hear some hint of a back story for Hidan and Kuzuzu but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen any time soon. Same goes for Zetzu, Diadara, and kisame.
I think, it's the case that Kishimoto's realized that he's stretching himself thin with so many villains existing at one time. I mean, yeah, it is a real pity that characters like Sasori, Hidan, and Kakuzu have a nil chance of any sort of further development, at this point, but it's all for the sake of progress, eh?

elmojo
Fri, 04-20-2007, 09:38 AM
i miss hidan and kakuzu, just their relationship and their beliefs were so unique .. i guess theres still toby and deidara :)

Super5
Tue, 05-01-2007, 11:58 AM
In terms of plot, Kishi could have made many improvements to the story in order to make it more interesting. It seems like everything after the time skip is getting rushed because he's just introduced too many characters and there isn't enough time to cover them all. He can't flesh anyone out, there are just too many. Even the Dragonball manga didn't have this many characters, and Toriyama struggled with keeping those chars relevant, especially in the latter half of DB.

I guess my real complaint is that Kishi introduces a plot thread, or hints at something (ROOTS, like Assertn mentioned) and then just drops it for like 100 chapters. I also think he could have used the timeskip to really give us some background on the characters, or just show some nice snips of their training. At least more than 1 chapter's worth.

I don't have a problem with characters using the same techniques over and over, that's their specialty. Just because we've seen it before doesn't mean their enemies have - if it's effective, why not keep using it? Besides, as we know, it takes a long time to create a new jutsu and it's difficult to learn existing ones unless you have the affinity for that element.

February
Tue, 05-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Ok so like, post something that you think should have been done differently. Not so much "blah I hate this and this" but rather, "instead of doing this, he should've done that...and this would make the story more interesting because..."

For me it would have to be the inclusion of hunter-nins in Konoha. This was a central plot point in the first arc, and Kakashi even said that the mysteries of his sharingan were vital to Konoha, and that he would have to be disposed off if he went out of the village's grasp. Now here we have Sasuke, who's been hanging around the biggest threat to Konoha for 2.5 years, the biggest threat that definitely intends to steal the very thing that any village would want to hold secret, and Konoha hasn't done a single thing about it! I find that ridiculously disappointing.

Instead, they should've fleshed out the Roots division to cover the hunter-nin class, and have them compete against Naruto in finding Sasuke. Then the introduction of Sai into Naruto's team would be their big plan to finally track down Sasuke after 2.5 years of searching. This would give the Roots a much more interesting role than whatever bullshit they seem to be doing now, as its still ultimately for the good of Konoha, and it will provide Kishimoto with many more avenues that he can direct the plot along as well (Which I'm sure many manga writers appreciate having when they write a huge series).

I think that Kishi DID link Hunter-nin to Sasuke by saying that Sai was the assassin needed to kill Sasuke (in order to hide the mysterious of the sharingan)
Or did they give us a valid reason why they wanted Sasuke assassinated?

Honoko
Wed, 05-02-2007, 08:53 AM
I was rooting for a civil war in Konoha back when they introduced Sai and that small, now seemingly negligible sideplot.

Idealistic
Wed, 05-02-2007, 11:58 AM
I would've made Naruto slightly smarter after the time-jump.... And actually learn a few decent jutsu's from Jiraiya after the training.

Face it... It seems as if he learned nothing but has just been able to release a 4-tail kyuubi. What is he waiting for? Obviously he has nothing new to show. The kage bunshin training already taught him way more than his training with Jiraiya I'm assuming.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 05-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Yeah I wish Naruto learned more. I mean he actually learned more during his training with the Kage Bunshins then in his entire 3 years of training with Jiraya. Ok he got smarted and gotten better but thats it.

kAi
Thu, 05-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Well, his Kage Bunshin training was longer than the training he had with Jiraiya. When you condsider the clone rule.

Although, I do agree that he should've learnt more when he was with Jiraiya.

Assertn
Thu, 05-03-2007, 12:37 PM
I think that Kishi DID link Hunter-nin to Sasuke by saying that Sai was the assassin needed to kill Sasuke (in order to hide the mysterious of the sharingan)
Or did they give us a valid reason why they wanted Sasuke assassinated?
Nah, it didn't seem to have anything to do with Sasuke....
Sai was trying to gain the trust of oro so oro would side with Danzou.

animus
Thu, 05-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Well, his Kage Bunshin training was longer than the training he had with Jiraiya. When you condsider the clone rule.

Although, I do agree that he should've learnt more when he was with Jiraiya.

I'd guess that Jiraiya blew off most of his time training Naruto, scavenging any Onsen, brothel, or any good looking female he set eyes on.

Idealistic
Thu, 05-03-2007, 07:41 PM
I'd guess that Jiraiya blew off most of his time training Naruto, scavenging any Onsen, brothel, or any good looking female he set eyes on.

Jiraiya being one of the legendary sannin... I think when Naruto was training with Jiraiya it would've been better if it was Jiraiya that introduced the kaga bunshin training. He wouldn't have to have learned any new jutsus, but at least he'd be stronger, smarter, and realize his kage bunshins can be used as an analyzing tactic.

Then all Kakashi would have to have taught him would be the elements and stuff.

dimitris127
Fri, 05-04-2007, 04:52 AM
i still have a little hope left that naruto hasn't fully shown the results of his training...but a little intelligent wouldn't hurt after the time jump

Assertn
Fri, 05-04-2007, 11:11 AM
I don't think it would be unreasonable to assume that the result of his training was efficient kage-bunshin and rasengan useage, basic genjutsu understanding, and greater kyubi access.

Naruto already had a nice collection of super +jounin level moves.....it would make more sense to become a master of those instead of a "jack of all trades."

Have you guys seen Naruto do a single dumb thing involving kage bunshin since the time jump? How about before the time jump?

Also, if Naruto spent at least half his time training for kyubi access, and at the end of it it's determined that the kyubi should be forbidden, then that would explain where half of that 3 years of training had disappeared to.

But yeah, if you consider all the things that he is actually capable of doing now, I'd say he grew alot more than Sakura had being trained by Tsunade.

@dimitris: your post doesn't make any sense.

February
Fri, 05-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Actually Naruto might have something that he learned that he didnt show us readers yet.
Remember when Kakashi / Sakura / Naruto leave for the sand village to help find Gaara, Jiraya says to Naruto at the game "Don't use that power"

Is that power referring to Naruto's 4 tail release or does he have something he still hasn't shown us yet?

If Naruto didnt learn anything except more chakra, and more kyuubi tail release, then he is really the most worthless character ever

Assertn
Sat, 05-05-2007, 04:36 AM
Actually Naruto might have something that he learned that he didnt show us readers yet.
Remember when Kakashi / Sakura / Naruto leave for the sand village to help find Gaara, Jiraya says to Naruto at the game "Don't use that power"
Welcome to two years ago. xd

Alot of people are still suspicious, but be obvious that its in relation to the kyubi. The only reason I'd let it slide as something else was under the unanymous agreement that Jiraiya was saying "Don't use that jutsu," but I'm starting to lean more with DB's recent translation of "Don't use that power."

Lets see...
1) It's forbidden....ie. harmful to Naruto and/or other people
2) Jiraiya pre-emptively gives Kakashi those seal notes in the event that Naruto loses control.
3) Jiraiya explicitly describes the traumatic influence of the kyubi chakra from Naruto's training.

What else could it be?

Idealistic
Sat, 05-05-2007, 09:10 AM
If Naruto had some super powerful jutsu, then he could have used it to help Shikamaru fight against the 2 akatsuki guys (i forgot their names already) instead of training for Rasen-Shuriken which would never have happened had he already learn a powerful jutsu. Well, he can still learn it, but he'd probably learn it later on seeing as with the time he used to train, he could have been helping Shikamaru.