PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 8-9

BioAlien
Fri, 04-13-2007, 12:13 AM
It's out.
http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/ns008-009.torrent

So Sakura know about the Kyubi being inside Naruto, i hope he kill her so she won't talk. :)

and.. i couldn't resist,
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7046/pwndww2.th.jpg (http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pwndww2.jpg)

Idealistic
Fri, 04-13-2007, 02:13 AM
Very nice episode.. It's been awhile since I finished the manga where this part took place so it refreshed my memory a lot.

It's just that.... If it was an emergency, why did Baki slowly walk to the old people's place?

But man... waiting 2 weeks for little progress... AHHH.

Assassin
Fri, 04-13-2007, 03:20 AM
It's just that.... If it was an emergency, why did Baki slowly walk to the old people's place?

heh, thats exactly what i was thinking.

Good ep imo....atleast the first half of it. the second half was more dialogue and build up to the next ep. The animation i thought was fairly good in this ep. guess they pull out all the stops for the hour long episodes. Seems we mite get to see some more akatsuki next episode. im looking forward to it.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-13-2007, 03:42 AM
Really good episode.

I really liked both Naruto and Sakura's speeches in the second half. Reminds me of the other thing I like about Naruto besides the fighting.

And they're really starting to flesh out Sasori's character. Which is good. We learned more about Sasori in one episode than we did about Deidera so far.

I'm wondering how badass the old geezers are.

DDBen
Fri, 04-13-2007, 03:47 AM
Excellent episode everything was done perfectly and the geezers made me laugh as well as the post preview bit.

As far as anyone saying not much happened in this episode I completely disagree this episode moved the plot along miles better then the last 2 part episode and I can't wait for the next one.

Assertn
Fri, 04-13-2007, 03:52 AM
Kankuro looked pretty retarded in half his fight scenes though....guh....

Also, I found it interested that they neglected to mention that among Sakura's discoveries from Tsunade's library, she had also previously found out about the Kyubi in Naruto. In the anime they made it seem like she's known since way back before they were genin o.O

I'm glad they showed a lot of great build-up of Sasori's character though.

?igma
Fri, 04-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Was a good episode. If they keep up the level of animation and follow the storyline a bit more fastpaced, Naruto will be back on my 1-10 list again.
Personally think some great progress was made here.

One thing I see coming back alot, which can't be seen as realistic, is how people behave in situations. They walk when in a rush, they chitchat 5 minutes everytime they have to get somewhere and time is essential. It's just not fitting to me.

And they slow down combat to make an apparent difference in skill/strength. I miss brilliance. Instead of making the opponent a superb fighter, they downgrade the skills of character we already know into something that doesnt range far from moves a robot could perform.

Im anticipating some really great fights from now on, so Im keeping my hopes up in that field. Storywise I think the tension and emotion is being expressed properly, which is something the series lacked during 2 years of fillers ( or was it one ?)

animus
Fri, 04-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Man did that look dumb. When Kakashi, Naruto and Sakura are travelling through the forest, there's a couple periods where they look like they're just flying. They don't stop at any trees, and its just them flying for like 15 seconds.

Idealistic
Fri, 04-13-2007, 12:48 PM
In the anime they made it seem like she's known since way back before they were genin o.O

Eh... The impression I got was that Sakura finally realized why everyone use to hate him.... Now she knows it's because of the Kyuubi.

Death13a
Fri, 04-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Sakura finnaly started to take drugs to keep up with everyone, just like athlets.

Idealistic
Fri, 04-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Sakura finnaly started to take drugs to keep up with everyone, just like athlets.

Well either DB's translations were really bad or telling someone that eating too much of something is sexual harrassment in Japan...

Mr. Roboto
Fri, 04-13-2007, 08:22 PM
the fight between sasori and kankuro was pretty good. i thought kankuro did everything he could and executed his moves to the best of his abilities. the move when he had the puppet go underground to hit sasori and then catch him for his usual finishing move was pretty creative. i wish we could have seen more of sasori's abilities and techniques but i guess it wasn't necessary for him to use them against kankuro.

when they were leaving the village to go to the sand village i thought for sure that jiraiya was going to join them. kind of odd that he didn't knowing that akatsuki members are going to be their opponents.

on a final note, maybe i was misinterpreting the animation, but at 15:43 did that frog pee on jiraiya's face? :eek: i know the frog sprayed him with some kind of liquid and it didn't look like it came from his mouth so...

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 04-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Not a bad ep. Could have been better. Could have been worse.

Dig Chiyo playing dead. So hot.

RyougaZell
Fri, 04-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Well either DB's translations were really bad or telling someone that eating too much of something is sexual harrassment in Japan...

Temari thought sexual harrassment becase Kakashi began with "girls should not..."
Mostly she saw it as discrimination against the 'fair sex'

Roboto: Yes. It peed him.

Excellent episode btw.

Animeniax
Fri, 04-13-2007, 11:49 PM
You guys continue to boggle my mind. The same people who bashed the awesome Bleach 121 are giving praise for this episode of Naruto??

The animation was decent, the story moved along nicely, but the fights and meetings were dull and had a poor pace. It was like they tried to draw out everything, including the messenger bird scene. I understand the need, but they could at least make it interesting and have the characters use some varied dialogue and act like trained ninjas.
Like ?igma said, the timing of everything is frustrating. Let's hurry to organize everything, then stand around and chat for a while.

The Sasori vs Kankurou fight was so blah, no background music, no interesting action. It was sort of cool to see Kankurou's different attacks, but he was obnoxiously over-confident that he would win, then be totally amazed that his opponent didn't die. Then he wonders when he was poisoned?? Umm, maybe it was when that big ass tail blade stabbed you in the gut, you idiot.

I've only watched the first half and I'm already bored with it.

zlonewolfz
Sat, 04-14-2007, 02:49 AM
Then he wonders when he was poisoned?? Umm, maybe it was when that big ass tail blade stabbed you in the gut, you idiot.
-------

It's already been acknowledged by the char that he was hit. It is not one of those plot-holes.Don't know why you brought it up except to fill up your "i need to have 1000 words per post." It goes without saying that you as an audience knows more than the char. You watched the zoom of the poison tail, you read the manga on Sasori beforehand, or you knew other clues the writer gave. It is dramatic irony and is used often to make the story and sometimes it works and other times it doesnt. Not every plot works.

And who cares if they enjoy berating Bleach and praise Naruto. That's what the board is for. This is Naruto board. Go to Bleach if you have it with Bleach fans. Besides thats their opinion and you want to stop them from doing that on Bleach but yet here you are on a different board expressing your opinion against their opinion. Where's the logic in doing that except to deflating other's opinion and inflate yours. If you have specifics about Bleach not being poor quality state your case. When you attack the person you're not stating any specifics on why Bleach is high quality. You're just attacking the person(s). It is comparing orange to apples when saying Naruto is low quality. So what? Does that make Bleach high quality? Every anime has some good and some bad episodes and then comes the really bad ones that kills it, Rorouni Kenshin? Once again this is Naruto forum.
It should have been obvious when you looked on this board.

poopdeville
Sat, 04-14-2007, 04:58 AM
Good episode. The pacing in this episode was far better than the others so far. Though it did annoy me that the "Decoder" took what seemed like hours to figure out that Gaara got kidnapped. Even then, she seemed to walk to Tsunade's office.

The other episodes clearly had a "movie pace". The music had a lot to do with my perception. Lots of build up, but everything seemed like it was just a prelude to something awesome. This was a huge improvement. The episode was exciting for what was going on in the episode instead of what the show promised later.

On a similar note, the Kankurou/Sasori fight was fun to watch in the same way fights from the first series were. Instead of people doing stuff silently, they narrated what the characters were thinking strategically.

More on the music. I hope they play some goddamned rock and roll during the fights like they used to.

?igma
Sat, 04-14-2007, 05:42 AM
The fight was rubbish, I always imagine two sticks in my head, fighting in stick-motion.

Now we have one bulky stick that swings around a tail and deflects all the little stick poison thingies. Doesnt move, no background music, no apparent emotion. Second stick, waves around his hands in all sorts of motions without any obvious link to his stick puppets. His movements have purposely been made slower to make the difference in power and skill apparent and obvious.

And the lame sentence "You can't beat me because I made those puppets" only provides more material for the story. The actual fight couldn't have been won to begin with.

People can't go and glorify a fight that had nothing of the energy and thrill the Gaara and Lee fight had as if it was a good fight. It had nothing. No new ideas, no show of any new talents, strategies. It was a bloody nintendo games pokemon fight.

JaySee
Sat, 04-14-2007, 07:50 AM
I was wondering about that sexual harassment line as well. I was hoping one of the Japanese speaking members would comment about that translation. Is it correct or did DB take a lot of liberty?

I'm surprised no one has said anything about the horrible animation during the walk to the Hokage's office.

I agree that Kankuro's line about wondering when he was poisoned was completely idiotic. He got hit once and with no subtlety. No one's going to think "Hmm... when did I get poisoned?" That line would work if he was barraged with hits or he got some tiny little nick somewhere and was otherwised never touched. They should have just made him think back immediately to that hit to remind the stupid people in the audience he got hit, thus he's poisoned and have him say "I must've gotten poisoned then..."

Animeniax
Sat, 04-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Hey ze lonewolf, are you French or something? Got your white flag ready?

Kankurou gets stabbed with a giant spade in the guts, then wonders when he could have possibly been injected with poison. Then it dawns on him, "oh yeah, I just got stabbed with a giant f*cking spade in my guts, I guess the poison entered there, maybe!" That's not a plot hole, that's poorly written characterization and filleristic material. When I saw the purple goo on the spade, I thought Kankurou had purple blood, like the stuff on his face, not that it was poisoned. My bad. But it didn't take me 10 minutes to figure out how he had been poisoned. After all, I saw a giant f*cking spade stab him in his guts.

The problem I have with them berating Bleach and not Naruto is that they slam Bleach for reason x, y, and z, then praise Naruto for those exact same reasons. Or they nitpick on some minor detail to bash Bleach, then gloss over all of the terrible major problems in Naruto and call it a good episode. And these are people who have enjoyed both series at some point, so it's not like it's some kid who's just into bashing Bleach and praising Naruto. How can you rag on one series for doing something dumb, yet praise another for doing the same dumb thing? It makes no sense. If you didn't realize it, click on the main forum page and then click on Bleach to see what I'm talking about. We discuss all kinds of anime on these boards.

And in addition to what ?igma said, the whole "I made those puppets so you can't beat me with them" is dumb. Like people can't devise new tactics with the same weapons? Sasori can somehow predict everything the puppets can do under Kankurou's direction? That's like a master sword maker saying he can beat anyone who uses one of his swords. Well, sort of.

RyougaZell
Sat, 04-14-2007, 11:20 AM
The only bad comments on Bleach's week this episode were the horrendous new songs. Do you see anyone praising Naruto's songs this week? No? Then get over it and grow up.

Geez....

Yes. Kankurou's line was dumb. But the middle of a fight... do you rationalize what the hell happened? He never noticed that Sasori was using poison until he was poisoned. He was too busy escaping from the tail to notice the purple poison. And he thought he had blocked the tail, but seems just a little needle's touch was enough, since the poison was so powerful.

Kraco
Sat, 04-14-2007, 11:54 AM
While I don't consider that fight particularly enjoyable - mainly because it was so evident story wise how it would end even before it began - it's still reasonable to assume, seeing how Kankuro collapsed right afterwards anyway, that the poison was also foggying already his mind at that point when he wondered how he had been poisoned.

ASSpirine
Sat, 04-14-2007, 12:12 PM
If I understood correctly, Sasori's name is Chiyo Basaama? Don't think Baki will be talking about someone else from the Akatsuki that's from the Sand village. Those two elders, they are siblings huh? So Chiyo Basaama will be the grandson of the female, don't tell me the male is the grandfather... Or this is some sick village, where siblings are mating with each other :P
And, uhm, did the male elder had no eyes at all?... At least it didn't seem like it...

The Kankuro-Sasori fight, at first I thought Sasori was a scorpion like human type thingy, so I figured the poison was during the stab when it happened. So not a surprise.

Wonder what Jiraiya has to do, is he so occupied to help Naruto? And also, when does Tsunade ever get to do missions? The third did missions if needed, think this is a situation where it was kinda needed.

mage
Sat, 04-14-2007, 12:23 PM
If I understood correctly, Sasori's name is Chiyo Basaama? Don't think Baki will be talking about someone else from the Akatsuki that's from the Sand village. Those two elders, they are siblings huh? So Chiyo Basaama will be the grandson of the female..
Sasori is the guy that fought Kankurou. Chiyo is the old lady.

Kraco
Sat, 04-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Wonder what Jiraiya has to do, is he so occupied to help Naruto? And also, when does Tsunade ever get to do missions? The third did missions if needed, think this is a situation where it was kinda needed.

I very much doubt the Fifth would bother doing any missions unless they involve infiltrating a sake bar...

DB_Hunter
Sat, 04-14-2007, 02:08 PM
I don't recall Sarutobi going on a mission, even though technically a Kage could be expected to go on an A-Rank mission.

masamuneehs
Sat, 04-14-2007, 02:10 PM
i was pretty unimpressed with this episode. Aside from introducing Sasori's grandparents, I felt the entire thing could have been one episode. It seemed to take forever for Konoha to find out, react, and actually send out Team Kakashi... They did detail the whole thing, with the bird and the decoder and all that, but I would have been fine without all that...

The fight. You just knew Kank had no chance of winning, but I was happy with the little twist of Sasori being a former Sand nin, and the creator of the puppets. Kank is an idiot; disobeying orders, being overconfident, failing to analyze his opponent at all (he was so busy pissing himself over his attacks being countered that he failed to notice the poison or the form of attack Sasori goes for).

Baki was the best thing in this episode. He looks to have all the right stuff for leading the Sand in the interim.

The frog waking up Jiraiya was the worst part, totally useless and not even funny.

Other heavy handed crap: Temari's cup breaking (why does everyone insist on including these omen moments in anime?), tons of recap, Naruto's 2000th speech about him and some monstrous person "being the same" and how the power of friendship is important.

Finally, on a positive note: So each Akatsuki member is aiming to possess a Jinchuuriki, meaning there are nine of them. Deidara getting the "one tail" and his addressing Sasori as "Master" gave me the impression that he's the weakest out of the group. Makes it seem like the best Akatsuki will go after Naruto.

Also, they openly admit that they don't know the location of all the Jinchuuriki (also unclear if Sasori is going after Naruto or someone else, since Itachi came after him one time as well...). And it made me wonder, where the heck are the other seven? There's more Jinchuuriki than Hidden Villages, so some have more? Konoha and the Sand appear to only have one...
Looks like all that important stuff won't be revealed for who knows how long...

mage
Sat, 04-14-2007, 02:25 PM
I don't recall Sarutobi going on a mission, even though technically a Kage could be expected to go on an A-Rank mission.
We see him confront Orochimaru in his hidden lab room with Enma and two other ninjas in a flash back, but I don't know if that can really be called a mission.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 04-14-2007, 02:29 PM
I think Itachi is the one that's going to end up with the Kyuubi mission. There are a few reasons that back this up.

1) Itachi was sent to get Kyuubi with Kisame before.

2) Itachi, when breaking of pursuit of Kyuubi because of Jirayia, indicated to Kisame that they do not have to hurry in getting it. The language indicated that he was talking about himself and Kisame coming back later, rather than Akatsuki as a whole.

3) It would make sense for Itachi to come after Kyuubi. He is a) strong and b) from Konoha. The latter would make him suited to going after Naruto, as he would know the kinds of techniques he could have been potentially taught. He has been through the same village afterall and probably knows the most information about it than any other Akatsuku member.

Of course an interesting point is made that there seem to be more Akatsuki members than hidden villages. This may indicate that is potentially more than one member per hidden village in Akatsuki. If this is the case then point 3) could be challenged if there is another Konoha Akatsuki member in existence. Oro was there as well afterall so it isn't toofar fetched.

As for Deidara being the weakest as he got the Ichibi, I'm not too sure about that. Kisame didn't seem all that to me either.

Penner
Sat, 04-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Heya ppl.

Just one thing ..what the hell is up with everyone and their 'god-complex', they just run up and expect to beat down Akatsuki members?
Why have they gotten so massively overconfident, i mean, they are fighting Akatsuki ffs, not random thugs..these guys are some of, if not THE, most dangerous guys in the entire naruto universe (aside from a select few, Jiraya, Tsunade, Orochimaru etc..)

And yet theyre shocked & surprised when they get their asses handed to em lol, good thing they get their asses kicked to get a little reality-check imo :P

other than that, good ep. ^^

ASSpirine
Sat, 04-14-2007, 03:20 PM

Sarutobi going after Orochimaru after a lot of missing Shinobis.
And also, a flashback of Konohamaru in front of the door saying goodbye to the Third. The third was leaving for a mission and Konohamaru didn't want him to leave. Also, on the mission assignments according to the type of mission (A, B, C & D) the hokage was assigned to do A missions.

About Itachi going after the Kyubi, he said it himself that he had to obtain the Kyubi for the organisation. He didn't say it was for himself. And Sasori said, it doesn't matter if I don't get the Jinchuuriki (I was assigned to?). As long as I get to capture one, then it will be good enough for the organisation.

And, Sasori the strongest one? Hard to say, we've only met 5 akatsukis and one that has left the organisation (Orochimaru).

So the question is, there were 10 members in the group. Oro left, does that mean that there are 10 Jinchuuriki?

DB_Hunter
Sat, 04-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Yes Itachi has to obtain the Kyuubi for Akatsuki, but he implied that he would be coming back later to do that job for Akatsuki.

Genma
Sat, 04-14-2007, 04:31 PM
So the question is, there were 10 members in the group. Oro left, does that mean that there are 10 Jinchuuriki?

Probably not. The Japanese folklore legend only has 9 (with the strongest being the 9-tailed fox, Kyuubi), so I doubt there are 10. Plus, that'd mean that Naruto doesn't have the strongest Jinchuuriki, and since he's the main character...

To top that off, Akatsuki operates in two man teams. When Orochimaru left, he was replaced.

ASSpirine
Sat, 04-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Probably not. The Japanese folklore legend only has 9 (with the strongest being the 9-tailed fox, Kyuubi), so I doubt there are 10. Plus, that'd mean that Naruto doesn't have the strongest Jinchuuriki, and since he's the main character...

To top that off, Akatsuki operates in two man teams. When Orochimaru left, he was replaced.

Where was that ever stated that Oro was replaced? Never heard anything about that.
Still... 2 man teams, they are with 9, kinda impossible to do the 2 man team perfect. Although, that plant akatsuki that came from the ground after the Naruto-Sasuke battle did kinda talked to himself :D

I'm guessing Naruto is gonna encounter with Sasori, so why wouldn't Sasori deal with the Kyuubi. The main story will eventually be, Itachi vs Naruto I think. But why would you do the trouble and look for other Jinchuuriki when there's one fighting you. ;)

RyougaZell
Sat, 04-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Heya ppl.

Just one thing ..what the hell is up with everyone and their 'god-complex', they just run up and expect to beat down Akatsuki members?
Why have they gotten so massively overconfident, i mean, they are fighting Akatsuki ffs, not random thugs..these guys are some of, if not THE, most dangerous guys in the entire naruto universe (aside from a select few, Jiraya, Tsunade, Orochimaru etc..)

And yet theyre shocked & surprised when they get their asses handed to em lol, good thing they get their asses kicked to get a little reality-check imo :P

other than that, good ep. ^^

Before this battle Suna ignored the existance of Akatsuki. Yuura told them a few eps ago.

JaySee
Sat, 04-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Yes. Kankurou's line was dumb. But the middle of a fight... do you rationalize what the hell happened? He never noticed that Sasori was using poison until he was poisoned. He was too busy escaping from the tail to notice the purple poison. And he thought he had blocked the tail, but seems just a little needle's touch was enough, since the poison was so powerful.
Kankuro was retarded:
1. He's shocked Sasori uses poison. Sasori, the guy who made his puppets and the tactics he studies and copies.
2. He did not escape the tail, it hit him and tore his clothing.
3. No way in hell did he think he blocked the tail when he gets off the floor grabbing the hole in his chest.

While I don't consider that fight particularly enjoyable - mainly because it was so evident story wise how it would end even before it began - it's still reasonable to assume, seeing how Kankuro collapsed right afterwards anyway, that the poison was also foggying already his mind at that point when he wondered how he had been poisoned.
No one said the poison affects his mind and he was more than lucid enough to block Sasori's finishing attack, AND take a swipe at him, AND grab a piece of his face mask, AND tell that it was Sasori that poisoned him. His mind seems A-OK.

If I understood correctly, Sasori's name is Chiyo Basaama?
Chiyo is the old lady. Basama is an honorable way of saying old lady/grandma. Naruto uses the familiar version on Tsuanade, bachan. Sasori doesn't have grandparents. He has a grandparent. Chiyo did not have sex with her brother. The old man isn't his grandfather. He's his grand uncle. I don't know why you people think of this incest crap.

Other heavy handed crap: Temari's cup breaking (why does everyone insist on including these omen moments in anime?), tons of recap, Naruto's 2000th speech about him and some monstrous person "being the same" and how the power of friendship is important.
Both were in the manga. 269

DB_Hunter
Sat, 04-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Sasori doesn't have grandparents. He has a grandparent. Chiyo did not have sex with her brother. The old man isn't his grandfather. He's his grand uncle. I don't know why you people think of this incest crap.

Lol owned!

As for why Baki didn't run to the siblings and walked instead, from my perspective they were up on a high cliff and it was pretty windy... he might have gotten blown off maybe if he ran...?

Kraco
Sun, 04-15-2007, 02:52 AM
No one said the poison affects his mind and he was more than lucid enough to block Sasori's finishing attack, AND take a swipe at him, AND grab a piece of his face mask, AND tell that it was Sasori that poisoned him. His mind seems A-OK.

He lost his consciousness. According to my experience consciousness and mind are somewhat connected to each other. You might disagree, of course.

He could have fought like he did even with a mind starting to be affected due to his heavy training. The fight honestly wasn't so intensive to begin with, and it never looked like he - or Sasori - fought 100%.

Psyke
Sun, 04-15-2007, 04:26 AM

It's not a matter of 'god-complex' or over confidence. Any self respecting ninja/shinobi would go after some one who kidnapped a family member, regardless of whether they die in the process or not.

And no matter what, Akatsuki members are still...... only human.

Animeniax
Sun, 04-15-2007, 05:01 AM
I've never liked Kankurou, from way back as a genin picking on Konohamaru, and even now as a chuunin. He's a pretty crappy ninja, with a gimmicky skill set and foolish look. He deserves to get beat down.

The Akatsuki may all be human, but they are also all S-class wanted criminal ninjas, making them some of the most dangerous ninja in the world. No chuunin will stand a chance against them. Even the legendary Sannin and some kages will have problems dealing with them. Unfortunately, not everyone in the Naruto world knows who the Akatsuki are or what they are capable of. So you can't really blame an idiot pig-headed Kankurou for thinking he could beat some guy, when he doesn't know what he is dealing with.

@Kraco, sorry dude, but he was conscious and able, and still looking to gain some advantage from his defeat. I can't say how the scrap of Sasori's face mask will help the Sand village's cause, but they elaborated enough on that scene so you know it means something.
So it's still pretty ridiculous for him to wonder how he was poisoned. It's also kind of crappy how Sasori didn't finish him off, falling into the cliched "bad guy leaves some crackpot scheme in place to finish off his adversary, instead of seeing to it himself".

@masamuneehs: Your comment about Baki doing well in this episode perplexes me. I was thinking the exact opposite, that he looked inept and incapable as a leader through most of the last 4 episodes. They have him posting orders well after the fact, like securing the village and checking for other attackers. Then he orders people around and they ignore his orders and get killed or hurt bad. And in the end, he takes a stroll to beg for help from the Sand village retirement community. I was thinking the entire time, maybe if he uncovered the other half his face, he'd use the other half of his brain too.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 04-15-2007, 05:59 AM
I've never liked Kankurou, from way back as a genin picking on Konohamaru, and even now as a chuunin. He's a jounin. :p

ASSpirine
Sun, 04-15-2007, 08:14 AM
I've never liked Kankurou, from way back as a genin picking on Konohamaru, and even now as a chuunin. He's a pretty crappy ninja, with a gimmicky skill set and foolish look. He deserves to get beat down.

The Akatsuki may all be human, but they are also all S-class wanted criminal ninjas, making them some of the most dangerous ninja in the world. No chuunin will stand a chance against them. Even the legendary Sannin and some kages will have problems dealing with them. Unfortunately, not everyone in the Naruto world knows who the Akatsuki are or what they are capable of. So you can't really blame an idiot pig-headed Kankurou for thinking he could beat some guy, when he doesn't know what he is dealing with.

@Kraco, sorry dude, but he was conscious and able, and still looking to gain some advantage from his defeat. I can't say how the scrap of Sasori's face mask will help the Sand village's cause, but they elaborated enough on that scene so you know it means something.
So it's still pretty ridiculous for him to wonder how he was poisoned. It's also kind of crappy how Sasori didn't finish him off, falling into the cliched "bad guy leaves some crackpot scheme in place to finish off his adversary, instead of seeing to it himself".

@masamuneehs: Your comment about Baki doing well in this episode perplexes me. I was thinking the exact opposite, that he looked inept and incapable as a leader through most of the last 4 episodes. They have him posting orders well after the fact, like securing the village and checking for other attackers. Then he orders people around and they ignore his orders and get killed or hurt bad. And in the end, he takes a stroll to beg for help from the Sand village retirement community. I was thinking the entire time, maybe if he uncovered the other half his face, he'd use the other half of his brain too.

Kankurou is a jounin. But still, he's not good enough
The only genins that we know off that became Jounin are Kankurou, Temari and Neji. I think it was mentioned in the first ep.

Animeniax
Sun, 04-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Minor detail, he still sucks :p

darkmetal505
Sun, 04-15-2007, 11:42 AM
The thing is, the whole fight was actually made up. In the manga, it went straight from Sasori saying "I'll end this quickly" to Kankuro on the ground. Then Sasori explains they whole puppet ownership and such. Adding anything new to that would definitely make it weird, and it did. Kankuro was more than conscious enough through the fight, and him realizing five minutes later that the tail that had struck him had inserted poison inside of him was indeed awkward and out of character for a jounin.

Animeniax
Sun, 04-15-2007, 12:19 PM
So all of it was filler after all. It definitely tasted like filler, and poorly done at that. Well, enough bashing. Decent episode otherwise. The animation in the second half was better than in the first half. Some reiteration of ongoing themes occurred, which helped the story along.

Temari looks very babelicious for some reason, even with the weird hair and new full-body robe that she wears. Is it me, or did most of the Naruto characters get more modest as 15 year olds? Well, except for Sakura and Ino, they both dress a little skimpier that before. All the guys seem to wear more clothing anyway, with long sleeves.

masamuneehs
Sun, 04-15-2007, 01:28 PM
it's not Baki's fault that people ignored his orders. And he couldn't have possibly known about Sasori being with Deiadara, and once he found out he tried to order the pursuit team to disengage. I saw Baki as head and shoulders above the other Sand leaders in 8-9. While everybody else is discussing who will be the next Kazekage or other political bullshit, he's the one who is working on reconstructing the defenses, pursuing Akatsuki.

Also, it seemed obvious that Baki's going to Sasori's grandparent(s) was not something the other Sand leaders would have approved of, hence his keeping it a secret. Still, it looks like he'll get something valuable out of it, so I consider it to be a good move.

Do you really get a sense that anyone else in the Sand is more qualified to lead than he is? Maybe some of his orders are a little after the fact, but you really don't see anyone else giving orders worth two shits.

@ JaySee: I don't care if it was in the manga or not. Something's being in the manga doesn't necessarily make it good. Fucking every anime ever has the stupid cup or plate or heirloom breaking for no good reason as an omen... And who here honestly enjoys Naruto's emo rants and dramatics? Seriously, I want to know.

Munsu
Sun, 04-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Masa, you've got to put it in cultural context. All those things you complain about are part of the culture, just like how every anime has the "sneeze when someone is talking bad about you" bit. It's really nothing worth getting worked up about.

That it gets repititive and a bit annoying? Sure, but it's something you should expect by now, and simply ignore it when it happens.

Assertn
Sun, 04-15-2007, 01:55 PM
And who here honestly enjoys Naruto's emo rants and dramatics? Seriously, I want to know.
I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it even more when it was in the manga and it filled pretty much the whole chapter for that entire week too.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 04-15-2007, 03:39 PM
You are ignoring that probably a lot of emo kids watch it, so it is suited well to the target audience in the sense that they have something to identify with.

?igma
Sun, 04-15-2007, 04:18 PM
You are ignoring that probably a lot of emo kids watch it, so it is suited well to the target audience in the sense that they have something to identify with.

Gah how can you have positive rep ? youre not emo ? Im EMO! rep me goddamnit ;'(

Ye I like those kinds of scenes.

masamuneehs
Sun, 04-15-2007, 06:24 PM
guess i stepped on a beehive... one full of emos...

i guess I'm just the kind who'd rather have characters quietley deal with their own personal problems and emotions. I simply get pissed when Naruto rags on and on about how he was alienated as a child and how nobody should have to go through that. I sympathized with him, the first couple times he gave that speech, but all that sympathy's gone now. I do not like people vagging their emo problems all over the place... on the other hand, I did like his attitude towards Akatsuki targeting the demon spirits.

and Munsu, again, you're right. It's a cultural thing, and one I actually found cool/interesting the first couple times I saw it. I suppose my gripe with it was from the sheer number of times I see it used.

I'm going to shut up now.

Board of Command
Sun, 04-15-2007, 10:54 PM
I am 100% sure emo kids watch Naruto. Lots of characters in Naruto are emo/masochists who cut themselves and bite their thumbs.

Assertn
Mon, 04-16-2007, 12:14 AM
i guess I'm just the kind who'd rather have characters quietley deal with their own personal problems and emotions. I simply get pissed when Naruto rags on and on about how he was alienated as a child and how nobody should have to go through that. I sympathized with him, the first couple times he gave that speech, but all that sympathy's gone now. I do not like people vagging their emo problems all over the place... on the other hand, I did like his attitude towards Akatsuki targeting the demon spirits.
Did you even pay attention to that scene at all? The entire time Naruto wasn't complaining about his life....he was complaining that Gaara, despite being in the same situation as Naruto, always ends up being the one that suffers the most.

It was a totally selfless moment.

?igma
Mon, 04-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Did you even pay attention to that scene at all? The entire time Naruto wasn't complaining about his life....he was complaining that Gaara, despite being in the same situation as Naruto, always ends up being the one that suffers the most.

It was a totally selfless moment.

he said it.

Terracosmo
Mon, 04-16-2007, 03:37 AM
HAY GUSY DUN'T U KNOW THAT ALL SAD AND TRAGIK MOMENTS INVOLVING TEARS OR PERSONLA FEELINGZ MEANS UR EMO?

Animeniax
Mon, 04-16-2007, 12:01 PM
I prefer to bottle up my anger and frustration until it boils over and I explode. I'd like my anime heroes to do the same, so I can idolize them. Cause usually they have super powers, so when they explode, lots of people get hurt.

That's the first "breaking cup means omen" scene I've seen in the numerous anime and j-dramas I've watched. Maybe I need to watch more shoujo or yaoi anime?

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-16-2007, 12:38 PM
yaoi? you into boy-boy?

the biggest emo in this series ain't Naruto, but Sasuke.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 04-16-2007, 12:47 PM
OK enough about emo already...!

Anyone else notice the significance of that conversation near the end between Naruto and Jiraiya? It seems to be quite a U-turn in Jiraiya's style of training Naruto. First he was trying to get him to harness the power of Kyuubi, now he seems to be saying don't use it. Unless he is talking about some as of yet undisclosed power/technique, I think this has relevance to fight he was having with Sasuke at the beginning of ep 1. If he now able to fight without the power of Kyuubi and is independently strong, then Sasuke could be being lulled in to a fall sense of security by Naruto, as he just stood by and let him disperse the Kyuubi chakra.

Animeniax
Mon, 04-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Maybe Jiraiya saw some of the destructive power of the kyuubi during their training, and is now reluctant to have Naruto harness it's powers. Like the Force, maybe he fears Naruto can't control the dark side of his power, and it will take over and he'll do evil with it. If he trained him well enough to control his chakra and improve his own skills, then Naruto won't have to dip into the kyuubi pool of chakra.

That fight DB_Hunter mentions was all figurative wasn't it? Or was Sasuke actually inside Naruto's mind, using Sharingan? Freaky stuff. I'd like to see Sasuke unleash his emo side!

Oh yeah, no one mentioned the return of Inner Sakura!!!

Assertn
Mon, 04-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I'd assume Sasuke was using a form of genjutsu to parallel himself with Naruto's subconscious. Not too much different than what kakashi was doing to Zabuza.

Kraco
Mon, 04-16-2007, 02:06 PM
I surely hope there was something concrete behind that advice. Otherwise it would be like telling Uchiha not to use Sharingan or Hyyuga not to use Byakugan. Or Gaara not to use sand. Of course it makes sense to not use it all the time, because unlimited pool would mean little need for control and that would mean lessening professionality, but if he's going to go against Akatsuki dudes, it surely should be a minor detail how cleanly he fights.

Besides, whatever dangers may be hidden in using the sealed powers, it should be obvious that the better he is able to master and control them, the less chance of any fall to the dark side there should be. But if he never uses them, then it would be like giving an assault rifle to a chimpanzee.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-16-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm also one that enjoyed Naruto's soliloquy. It explains his motivations. Which are what puts the fights into context.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 04-16-2007, 03:02 PM
It would make sense that it was a genjutsu, as he didn't stuff himself in to Naruto's body Majin Buu style. However even genjutsu's can have real effects... remember the fight between Itachi and Kakashi?

Assertn
Mon, 04-16-2007, 03:41 PM
In that regard, I would say that the "dispelling of kyubi" or w/e he does in that scene would be the equivalent of him tampering with the linkage between naruto's subconscious and the kyubi.

chet_chetty
Mon, 04-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Was it agreed upon that Kakashi used Sharingan to literally read (interact with) Zabuza's mind to copy his words and seals at the same time. As opposed to Sharingan simply giving Kakashi an insane amount of intuition to put verbal/physical clues together to imitate Zabuza?

With Sasuke, I feel his subconscious (hell maybe even his conscious mind) literally enters another's subconscious and interacts with what's inside the other's subconscious. I feel with Naruto, in his relationship with Kyuubi, his conscious mind plays a strong role in his own subconcious so he can interact consciously (repetitive) with Kyuubi i.e. talk to and reason w/ Kyuubi to give him chakra.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 04-16-2007, 06:56 PM
I would agree that Sasuke is not 'literally' dispelling the Kyuubi chakra, because that would be almost like destroying Kyuubi or at least having an attack that can neutralise it. It is much more likely that he is trying to screw with Naruto perception of the amount of Chakra he has at his own disposal.

Maybe the warning from Jiraiya might be that if Naruto uses Kyuubi's chakra, he will be putting enormous strain on the seal Yondaime placed on him? If you think about it, if Naruto is going to be performing increasingly powerful attacks using more and more Kyuubi chakra, then in essence more of Kyuubi is coming out of the sealed state into the real world. Perhaps Jiraiya noticed signs of that during his training with Naruto.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-16-2007, 07:39 PM
and what does this have to do with episodes 8-9?

Sasuke's topic should be left on standby until it takes place in the series? sure... it was shown on episode 1, but it was just a teaser of the future

heck, we don't even know how many episodes will pass before we get to see this scene again

DB_Hunter
Mon, 04-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Even though the scene was a teaser of what is yet to come, it is part of the anime now and by all rights up for discussion on this section of the forum.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Last post from my part:

Then that gives me the right to talk about the other Akatsuki, apart from Itachi, Kisame, Sasori, Deidara and XXXX?
The silhoueettes of other two clearly appeared on the last episode.

Or how about the new characters on the teaser where they showed Sasuke?

Discussin (sp?) such scenes will only bring troublesome rumors, instead of centering on what is really happening.

6Zabuza9
Tue, 04-17-2007, 03:06 AM
akatsuki are full of freaks. a fish guy, plant head guy, a guy with a wierd mouth,and a guy with mouths in his hands. so the strongest ninjas are usually freaks lol

JaySee
Tue, 04-17-2007, 03:52 AM
A guy with a wierd mouth? lol! I'm surprised no one has figured it out or discussed it.

6Zabuza9
Tue, 04-17-2007, 03:55 AM
sasori as u see his mask off at the end of the episode

JaySee
Tue, 04-17-2007, 04:14 AM
Uh... yeah... got that. I meant no one's discussed it being revealed and what it means.

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Nice point about Sasori Jaysee.

A mechanical mouth, plus a mechanical tail. And a puppet crafter to boost.

mage
Tue, 04-17-2007, 12:53 PM
I guess i should just state the obvious then: His body is a puppet!

Assertn
Tue, 04-17-2007, 02:13 PM
As in he's like....a cyborg....except with implants made of wood instead of metal?

itadakimasu
Tue, 04-17-2007, 04:33 PM
i'd like to say hooray for double episodes... bleach had 2-3 in the bounto arc and i'm still waiting for another bleach double episode. anyhow... this episode was ok, makes me eager to see whats going to come next ... or rather how they animate it. *tears* "GAI SENSEIIIII!!!!! i did it !!!!!!"

Assertn
Tue, 04-17-2007, 05:39 PM
BTW anyone notice that a bunch of visual effects were added to the intro this time?

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Errr... no.
I will need to rewatch it later today then.
What kind of effects?

DB_Hunter
Tue, 04-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Then that gives me the right to talk about the other Akatsuki, apart from Itachi, Kisame, Sasori, Deidara and XXXX?

The silhoueettes of other two clearly appeared on the last episode.

Or how about the new characters on the teaser where they showed Sasuke?

As long as all the information is derived from the anime, you can't technically ban discussion on it. Of course there is the danger that some manga readers might get too happy and start dropping hints/theories which are from the manga. But then that's what forum moderators are for...

Edit: And who is that last guy from Akatsuki you mention? I have not heard that name in the anime before.

Assertn
Tue, 04-17-2007, 06:52 PM
As long as all the information is derived from the anime, you can't technically ban discussion on it. Of course there is the danger that some manga readers might get too happy and start dropping hints/theories which are from the manga. But then that's what forum moderators are for...

Edit: And who is that last guy from Akatsuki you mention? I have not heard that name in the anime before.

XXXX's the venus flytrap guy.

@ryougazell: the crows flying by naruto, the sand nins in that quick pan in that same scene, the double-image of naruto's face when they say "three," and a bunch of different scenes where they put shadows of people fighting and stuff.

pandacon
Tue, 04-17-2007, 06:54 PM

He's the Venus Fly Trap looking guy that showed up for a second after the Naruto Sasuke fight.

http://narutosource.free.fr/Zetsu.jpg

DB_Hunter
Tue, 04-17-2007, 06:54 PM
XXXX's the venus flytrap guy.

I thought as much, but when did they reveal his name?

Assertn
Wed, 04-18-2007, 12:06 AM
lols ya, i think that was a spoiler by ryougazell

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-18-2007, 02:27 AM
As in he's like....a cyborg....except with implants made of wood instead of metal?That, or the entire body is just a puppet being controlled by Sasori from somewhere else.

Assertn
Wed, 04-18-2007, 02:45 AM
What if Deidara is controlling the puppet and is fooling everyone into thinking that Sasori is real?

Dang.....that would be like....that ventriloquist villian from batman o.O

JaySee
Wed, 04-18-2007, 03:33 AM
Well, Kankuro has already used a puppet with bunshin as a decoy for himself.

Assertn, you're referring to Scarface.

RyougaZell
Wed, 04-18-2007, 08:46 AM
lols ya, i think that was a spoiler by ryougazell

DAMN IT!
I fell into my own warning... I didn't want to talk about the teaser because it could lead to spoilers and rumors... and I myself was the first to fall by naming that character... bah...

I'll check the intro today... yesterday left office until 10pm, and then had to prepare my anual declaration of taxes (declaracion anual de impuestos)

TheGreatItachi
Wed, 04-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Spoilers removed

Idealistic
Wed, 04-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Don't quote the spoiler, fool - Assertnfailure

chet_chetty
Wed, 04-18-2007, 05:50 PM
hahah

[sorry for the spam but i really laughed].

redcat
Wed, 04-18-2007, 06:49 PM
well thank god someone edited out that guys name. if i knew his name at this point the entire fucking anime would be totally ruined for sure.

Assertn
Wed, 04-18-2007, 07:55 PM
well thank god someone edited out that guys name. if i knew his name at this point the entire fucking anime would be totally ruined for sure.

lols....yeah well I myself didn't think revealing the name was a big deal, but if you're referring to the exchange farther below that...well...those spoilers were a bit worse than just revealing someone's name =]

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 04-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Wow....spoilers everywhere...and I didnt even do it!

YESSSSSSS!

Who cares about the guys and how weird they look....How can you get all those bad ass guys together and have them wear those lame ass mo-mo's with clouds on them? And the straw looking hats? What there is no latex in Naruto?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 04-19-2007, 12:12 PM
If there was latex I think Rock Lee and Gai would be wearing it.

ASSpirine
Thu, 04-26-2007, 08:13 AM
If someone still wants to talk about. Just before Kankurou fell down, he ripped a piece of cloth off from Sasori. Then an arm of the puppet grabbed it and closed it in it's hand. Just wondered why that happened.

Yukimura
Thu, 04-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Either he was trying to launch a last ditch attack and that's the best he could do, or he figured it would be useful to have a piece of him for tracking him down later.

JaySee
Thu, 04-26-2007, 02:32 PM
It's because he's a fanboy of Sasori.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 04-26-2007, 05:18 PM
That or he just had to know what material Sasori's fabulous gear was made from...

ASSpirine
Fri, 04-27-2007, 05:47 AM
Don't post information found in episodes from later episodes in this thread