PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 350

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Scanlation

Sendspace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/r42cbb)
Rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/files/25603822/Naruto_350_MQ.zip)

Winged Dancer
Thu, 04-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Wow, that was quick. I thought you'd announce the RAW and here you have the scanlation already.

Ah, Karin. I like her well enough when she's... normal. But when she starts being a Sasuke fangirl, it's all I can do not to roll my eyes and sigh.

Well, not a lot happened in this chapter... Sasuke insists in not killing, it seems. Which is good? But, would he have killed Naruto when they met, back at one of Orochimaru's lair?

Oh, and Jiraiya came back. Yay Jiraiya! As always, I end up thinking Kabuto might be his informant... since it's a trustworthy, alive source (seems many were killed after Orochimaru's death), who else?

Mhalador
Thu, 04-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Well, I suppose we now know why he needs Karin so bad. Being able to find a certain elusive person could come in handy.

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-12-2007, 09:34 AM
WingedDancer:
I though of posting the RAW as well, for those of you who like to translate as well. But kinda forgot it while uploading to sendspace. Original link was only rapidshare.

I liked the chapter. Seeing so many cursed warriors I keep wondering if Tayuya and Co. came from that facility, and if they were the elite (aside from Kimimaro who for obvious reasons was in the group).

nests
Thu, 04-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Yeah but they still didnt say how she can do this. I have a feeling Sasuke is about to kick ass again

Souryusen
Thu, 04-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Crimey... Orochimaru must've handed out love-bites like party favors...

Winged Dancer
Thu, 04-12-2007, 09:52 AM
lol, so right. Orochimaru was such a slut.

@Ryouga - thanks for worrying! I get my raws someplace else though - I actually wanted to post the raw but you beat me to the punch, and translated already :p Funny it's out on thursday, what with how lately it took the entire weekend...

Anyway, I never liked much the curse seal thing. It seemed kinda... cheap, I dunno. Sasuke doesn't seem to need the curse seal anymore though - his main advantage seems to be speed. When meeting Naruto, he got next to him in a blink, and last chapter it was the same. Sound-barried-breaking Ninjas!

Which makes me wonder, what good is Naruto's training going to be? The Shuriken Rasegan can't be used against Sasuke, it'd kill him. And it's no good if Sasuke can basically move out of the way faster than Naruto can form the shuriken, throw it and get out of the way.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 04-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Nice to get the whole scanlated chapter so quickly.

A little disappointed though, I guess mostly because not much happened. Too bad kishi didn't throw us a bone and at least give us one panel of sasuke and suigetsu cutting through the masses of CS people.

I like it now that the CS is more like a biological infection then a spiritual power-up. Kinda reminds me of 28 days latter, with the whole mass of rage induced ninjas.

Another good point were some of the the cool character designs in that huge group. Really liked the frill lizard guy. Too bad they were all knocked unconscious.

animus
Thu, 04-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Hmm, from what Karin did, could she be a Hyuuga? When someone activates the Byakugan they do the same hand seal too.

itadakimasu
Thu, 04-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Decent chapter. all those cursed seal guys overpowered in no time by sasuke and suigetsu... I cant wait to see juugo and sasuke fighting, still waiting to see what powers karin and suigetsu have.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 04-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Hmm, from what Karin did, could she be a Hyuuga? When someone activates the Byakugan they do the same hand seal too.

Don't think so... the seal she used is a pretty standard one, either "tiger" or uh, "Rabbit", maybe? I don't remember the name, but at any rate, it's pretty usual. 'Sides, she doesn't have the Hyuuga eyes, so unless ehs'a a mutation or something...

Here's my two cents on Karin...

The hint is in her name. Suigetsu, for instance, is written 水月、"Water Moon", and though we have yet to see his abilities, he was imprisioned in water and seems to tire out quickly while walking under the sun. Thus, he probably uses water-related jutsu.

Karin is written as 香燐, "Scent" and eh, "phosphorus".
(written differently, it means "quince", whch is a flower.)
I'm not sure about the phosphoric part of her name, but if Suigetsu is any hint, we can ignore the second kanji and concentrate on the first... meaning Karin's abilities are related to the sense of smell, or something related to scents.

This wouldn't be extremely original, since Kiba and his clan aleady have a strong nose (remember the fart?), but it's the only thing I can think of. Perhaps she's able to pick scents throught the walls and, when it comes to fighting, use frangances to create genjutsu or something like that.

Assertn
Thu, 04-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Crimey... Orochimaru must've handed out love-bites like party favors...
Not only that....but CS only has a 10% survival rate.....
So take the number of CSers shown so far, and multiply that by 10x....

February
Thu, 04-12-2007, 12:08 PM
it was a pretty good chapter

it amazed me to see so many cursed seal prisoners

that also leads me into thinking, why didn't Oro give himself a cursed seal to make himself more powerful?

The mass of the cursed seal prisoners actually looked like a bunch of zombies or orcs from fiction films...sorta cheesy. I think the 1st level of cursed seal is actually pretty cool but the 2nd level of it makes it seem a bit unrealistic...(turning into monsters, etc.)

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Not only that....but CS only has a 10% survival rate.....
So take the number of CSers shown so far, and multiply that by 10x....

And out of all those only 5 weren't prisioners. The Sound Five.

He did had a female body during the fight with Sandaime didn't he? Oro did whore himself a lot....:eek: (:D )

Knives122
Thu, 04-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Ughhhhh, I don't even want to think about Oro any more, he was either sick, or the biggest obsessive tramp in the world(if you noticed, every CS user shown in this ch. was a guy....)

Hopefully after Sasuke gets Juugo on his team, he'll reveal his master plan and hopefully that won't be as dull as Akatsuki's plan..

Idealistic
Thu, 04-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Man every chapter just gets better and better!!

I like that twist at the end where Juugo decides to kill a guy at the last second. I can't wait to see the fight... If it's going to be a fight at all.

Mkadoza
Thu, 04-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Well we already have some hint as to Suigetsu abilities, and would think it centers around him being a different kind of substance. He formed himself out of a puddle of water, and increased his muscle size instantaniously to weild Zabuza's sword. Even when we saw himabout to fight the curse sealed legion, he was struggling to hold the sword upright.

My guess is that he can control the makeup of his body, muscle structure, execetera, to give himself a temporary increase in physical prowess. I would also think this serves to drain him, as he's not in a bulked up form all the time.

And does anyone else think that if he's out in the sun too long, he'll evaporate? He get dehydrated really quickly.

Assertn
Thu, 04-12-2007, 02:23 PM
If Sasuke can defeat Juugo easy enough, then why would he need Juugo on his team?

It seems pretty clear that Juugo would serve no other purpose than to be a powerhouse for the group.

chet_chetty
Thu, 04-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Funny how some think all those prisoners were given the curse seal by Orochimaru. This place is an experimentation camp so it's more likely they were experimented on with Juugo's DNA so Orochimaru could actually develop the curse seal. It seems the curse seal was only given to either ninjas fighting for him (Sound 4) or ninjas who he saw as potential containers.

bagandscalpel
Thu, 04-12-2007, 06:19 PM
that also leads me into thinking, why didn't Oro give himself a cursed seal to make himself more powerful?
If the 10% survival rate for the cursed seal truly holds true, then Oro probably didn't want to risk his current shell.

Still, I wonder at what frequency Juugo flipflops in his decision making?

JaySee
Thu, 04-12-2007, 08:31 PM
It'll be interesting to see this chapter filled in in the anime. They'll probably show Suigetsu and Sasuke defeating the prisoners if it's not too much of a spoiler of Suigetsu.

I thought Karin was some sort of psychic until Winged Dancer's post about her name. So now we have a 3rd flower girl. Sakura, Flower shop girl Ino, and Karin. All crushing on Sasuke.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 04-12-2007, 09:18 PM
If Sasuke can defeat Juugo easy enough, then why would he need Juugo on his team?

It seems pretty clear that Juugo would serve no other purpose than to be a powerhouse for the group.

Who is saying that it is going to be easy....not to mention if Juugo is stronger than Sasuke then why wouldnt he have killed Oro himself? So I dont think that he is going to be stronger than Sasuke. I think that he has some power that Sasuke wants, maybe going to use it on others to form a new village? Or test on it. -dg-

Assertn
Thu, 04-12-2007, 10:50 PM
If the 10% survival rate for the cursed seal truly holds true, then Oro probably didn't want to risk his current shell.

Still, I wonder at what frequency Juugo flipflops in his decision making?

You guys....oro does put the curse seal on his body....
he puts it on the person whose body he plans on taking

darkmetal505
Thu, 04-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Well, only after he ensures they will survive. In times of desperate need (we've only seen once), he switched bodies without adding the seal, I think.

animus
Thu, 04-12-2007, 11:04 PM
I have a feeling Suigetsu might end up being the least impressive of the group ability wise.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 04-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Well, let's wait and see, right? Sasuke must have a reason for choosing him. Just as he must've had a reason to pick Karin. We just haven't had a chance to see their abilities...

...but I do feel a little disappointed in the character model for Juugo. We have yet to see him fully, but so far, his hair and face just don't do it for me. He looks pretty... average. Well, Kishimoto has never been famous for his original drawings (someone once said Tsunade is Naruto with boobs), but I dunno, I had high hopes for Juugo.

Talking about that, I figure this was talked about last week, but at any rate... I'm so disappointed that Juugo is "only" a killer. His inner discussion could've led to something so much more interesting than just whom will he kill.
For instance, some girls at the Japanese forum I post at kept saying he would be able to change gender, which would've been weird to say the least.

Well, I guess it'd be interesting if he one day decides he's not going to kill men and yet he has to fight Naruto.... maybe he'd take a beating before deciding to fight. But at least in this chapter, he changed his decision pretty quickly.

bagandscalpel
Fri, 04-13-2007, 12:16 AM
You guys....oro does put the curse seal on his body....
he puts it on the person whose body he plans on taking
My point, exactly, he puts it on his future host, not his current one.

That being said, there's no evidence to whether the girl or the following host had curse seals, either.

Raven
Fri, 04-13-2007, 03:45 AM
What I don't understand: if the seal originated from Juugo's DNA, how does/did Oro infect people with it? Did he... coat his fangs with his blood or something? Somehow he must have altered his own body, it's not like it's a jutsu or anything.

Xscatic
Fri, 04-13-2007, 11:11 AM
since oro is twisted with experimenting on people genes, he probably took a sample of Juugo's blood, separtated the CS gene/cell from the blood and use those CS genes to make a enzyme.

Oro takes the enzyme (pills, IV, etc.) and start biting into people like their happy meals.... also Oro may have some of Juugo's teeth, anything possible I guess.

elmojo
Sat, 04-14-2007, 09:55 AM
sasuke picked karin because he needs to sleep with her and make baby sasukes to resurructed the uchina clan

Idealistic
Sat, 04-14-2007, 01:28 PM
sasuke picked karin because he needs to sleep with her and make baby sasukes to resurructed the uchina clan

I hope the story doesn't involve that... Maybe if they make a sequel that takes place 10 years after... lol...

God... Sasuke has a kid at age 15.....

JaySee
Sat, 04-14-2007, 07:47 PM

If he was smart he would take Karin, Ino and Sakura and have intercourse with them all, seeing how sleeping with girls doesn't make babies. :p Then he'd "resurrect" the Uchiha 3 times faster.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 04-15-2007, 02:28 PM
If he was smart he would take Karin, Ino and Sakura and have intercourse .

Hahahahaha. Intercourse? You mean sexin'? Hahahahaha. Karin can find people by smell, or so people think, so he needs her to find the one he is going to kill! And along the way I hope that he runs into other members and fights and kills them. Less Konoha has to do that way. Helps out everyone!

JaySee
Sun, 04-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Hahahahaha. Intercourse? You mean sexin'? Hahahahaha. Karin can find people by smell, or so people think, so he needs her to find the one he is going to kill! And along the way I hope that he runs into other members and fights and kills them. Less Konoha has to do that way. Helps out everyone!

Yes, I had to be specific since he used "sleep with", a phrase I detest, and sex doesn't mean intercourse/copulation anymore now a days.

Anyways, I hope he puts her powers to good use and finds Itachi soon. I want Sasuke's story to be over already.

February
Tue, 04-17-2007, 02:17 PM

as stupid as that sounds, it actually sounds possible. He did say in the beginning of the naruto series when he was introducing himself to Team Kakashi : "I wish to ressurrect my clan"

How else is he going to ressurrect the Uchiha clan? Beg Itachi to spread his seed? lol.
I can think of no other method of reviving the Uchiha clan at this point...

Assertn
Tue, 04-17-2007, 02:30 PM
One girl isn't going to cut it if he wants to revive a whole clan.

Idealistic
Tue, 04-17-2007, 03:01 PM
One girl isn't going to cut it if he wants to revive a whole clan.

Yeah... Unfortunately, the clan won't be full blood Uchihas anymore unless there's a mysteriously never-before-seen female Uchiha survivor. :cool:

Still... I hope we find out why Itachi killed off the clan.. It's a very dull reason... "I wanted to test my body." or something like that...

JaySee
Tue, 04-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Eh? Full blood Uchihas? You do know that means they were all copulating with their cousins. do_Ob

Idealistic
Tue, 04-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Eh? Full blood Uchihas? You do know that means they were all copulating with their cousins. do_Ob

Maybe Itachi killed all the Uchiha because he was an inbred. :eek:

tehlegend
Tue, 04-17-2007, 08:37 PM
i didnt need to know you guys were so fascinated with inbreeding...

and you do realise now that someone's gonna come by this thread and totally take the idea of a karin, sakura, ino, sasuke foursome and turn it into something extremely naughty...

Assassin
Tue, 04-17-2007, 09:19 PM
then our job is done. i will sleep well tonite.

JaySee
Wed, 04-18-2007, 12:46 AM
i didnt need to know you guys were so fascinated with inbreeding...

and you do realise now that someone's gonna come by this thread and totally take the idea of a karin, sakura, ino, sasuke foursome and turn it into something extremely naughty...

Hey perv! Who said anything about a foursome? :p

Yukimura
Wed, 04-18-2007, 01:25 AM
Itachi did say that there was one more capable of awakening the Mangekyou Sharingan, it's possible he was talking about Kakashi, but it's also possible that somewhere he stashed a female alive. Somehow I feel like Mangekyou should have been a bloodline only trait and not a feature of the eye alone like the perception and mind scrambling.

Anyway, I think Sasuke is probably more concerned with revenge at the moment and won't worry about revival until after he's finished with that.