PDA

View Full Version : Stuff in Bleach Anime OPs

Yukimura
Thu, 04-12-2007, 01:05 AM
I've noticed that the last two OP's have hinted strongly at plot elements that we know are going to take place in the story, namely Ichigos' inner fight in OP5 and now Orihime's joining with Aizen, the members of and some of the new powers of her rescue team, the desert they'll be going to and semi-clear views of most of the Espada in OP6. What do you all think about all this foreshadowing in the OPs? Especially the Espada shot, since I don't think we'd seen clear pics of most of the Espada till a few chapters ago.

In case you haven't seen it there's a synopsys of OP6. 20 seconds of shots of places the gang has been, but are now empty, the room where Orihime served tea in OP5, the class room, and a desk with a blank notebook. Then Ishida, Renji, Chad, and Rukia in a group. which cuts to Ichigo alone on a sand dune. The camera pans around him and when he's facing it he's in full hollow mask mode. Then a scene of Rukia comforting Orihime, a scene of Ichigo with blackness spreading across his eyes, then Ichigo walking away from the camera with pink shards in the air behind him, then we see Orihime holding someone's hand, then Ichigo looks up at the sky.

Here's where it gets interesting:
Orihime and Ichigo walk past each other, then shes alone for a few seconds, then the screen burns to Aizen facing her. Then we see all of soul society, then we see Orihime alone, then Aizen, alone, then Aizen and his pals, then a wide shot of a fortress behind them. Aizen's men fade out to a desert forground with the fortress still there. The fortress then appears to open up to reveal Orihime alone AGAIN...then we see several people running through the desert then showing off techniques individually...still in the desert...then we see orihime alone AGAIN in the desert with her back turned. Now even if you didn't know already but were really paying attention could you possibly miss this much foreshadowing and not guess at what would eventually be happening????

animus
Thu, 04-12-2007, 07:43 AM
It's gonna be quite a few episodes until the actual plot catches up with the events in the OP. But yea, there's heavy foreshadowing that leaves people who haven't read the manga guessing.

Adding another foreshadowing part when you see Orihime gripping an injured hand, which is most likely Ichigo's and blushing which is her goodbye. Besides the massive amount of spoiling or foreshadowing the OP does, the only part I truly enjoyed was the beginning where Kon was lip syncing.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 04-12-2007, 10:03 AM
I couldn't believe that they reveal so much in that opening.

Probably the funniest part is that the hueco mundo arc doesn't seem like it's anywhere near finishing. It would really be a shame if the anime caught before things got resolved in the anime.

Usually when I see this kind of stuff I get excited, but seeing as nothing really interesting has happened in Hueco mundo it's hard to really get excited. Especially since the espada seem so ghetto in comparison to the gotei 13 captains.

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Damn... lost my post here because 'server was too busy'

Anyways...

Inoue was shown in her Hueco Mundo clothes as well in the op. And it wasn't just this and the previous op who have been spoiling us. The previous one (during the bo-ring-unto arc) showed one character each op, and they once showed Grimmjow, Hirako and Hiyori, way before they had been introduced.

Board of Command
Thu, 04-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Technically this is OP7. OP6 was Rolling Star with a different animation sequence. They used it for a while before switching back to OP5. Anyone know the story on that?

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-12-2007, 04:51 PM
That 'different' op was just promoting the movie