PDA

View Full Version : Converting, then burning H.264

LordGardenGnome
Thu, 04-12-2007, 12:52 AM
I'm trying to Convert 1280x720 H264 AAC 5.1 files to divx or xvid so that i can then convert them to DVD playable format so then i can burn them onto DVD like episodes on a regular anime dvd. I'm doing this for a friend who doesn't have a good enough computer to do just about anything. Any hints on what to dl or something that'd make this go by easier. I've tried alltoavi for h264 to xvid, the vso divx to dvd, then Ulead for the chapters and what not.

Board of Command
Thu, 04-12-2007, 06:43 AM
Don't convert to XviD; instead just convert them directly to MPEG2 with an encoder like TMPGEnc.

Use Avisynth and load the video with DirectShowSource. Don't worry about audio for now. Get a program called AVSEdit which is basically a more friendly interface for making Avisynth scripts.

For audio, extract the AAC stream with MKV Extract GUI (??) and convert that to AC3 or something. I'm not sure how to do this but it shouldn't be hard.

Mux the video and audio streams at the authoring stage.

LordGardenGnome
Sat, 04-14-2007, 03:21 AM
I was able to use Ultra MP4 Video converter ($30 because it works amazing) then took the .avi version it makes, then used vso divxtodvd program to convert it to Video_TS files and have then using Ulead DVD workshop to make titles and chapters. Overall it seems to work perfect. I tried what you said and couldn't really figure it out. I've pretty much spent the last week everyday after work doing this, it's a pain and takes forever but it gets the job done nicely. Thanks for your input though i'll still mess around with the programs that you suggested. For I have plenty of shows i'd like to do this with now.

Board of Command
Sat, 04-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Every time you transcode, you lose quality. My method is free and gives highest possible quality for a job like this. It's in your best interest to figure out my method.

LordGardenGnome
Sun, 04-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Alright well i'm still working on it because I saw in the end what you meant, currently working on learning the tools you suggested and it's coming along smoothly. Thank you