Wed, 04-11-2007, 09:52 PM
u beat me by 3 sec :-)

LaZie
Wed, 04-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Wow theres a new opening!!

Danad_corps
Wed, 04-11-2007, 11:00 PM
anyone else having problems with the site? Says "Forbidden"

*edit...did i get banned unknowingly?? goddamn that sucks!

Aeon
Wed, 04-11-2007, 11:20 PM
So going by the new opening the next arc seems to be about Orihime and Aizen, I'll cry if it becomes Rescue Rukia 2.0.

RyougaZell
Wed, 04-11-2007, 11:24 PM
*sigh*
Opening Sequence: Awesome.
Opening Song: BAD!!! (I want Rolling Star back!)

Ending Sequence: Hideous
Ending Song: BAD!!!

Episode: Good. At least during Ichigo's beating by Grimmjow. When he laughed he looked wicked. The other three fights ended to fast after the release.

Tatsuki witnessing the fight o.o

Hate the fact that damn Dattebayo uses "Shunpo" but refuses to use "Sonido". Do they hate spanish or what? bah...

Next episode looks great based on the preview.

EDIT:
#06: "ALONES" by Aqua Timez (eps 121-)
#11: "Tsumasaki (爪先; Tiptoe)" by Ore Ska Band (eps 121-)

Ore Ska Band SUX!! They did the awful Pinnochio ending for Naruto as well.

Knives122
Wed, 04-11-2007, 11:43 PM
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2606/laughcz4.th.jpg (http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=laughcz4.jpg)

I loved that part, the manga didn't even try to show that the jaw could move.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Hells yeah, all of the Grimmjow animation in this episode ruled. From that jawbone thing, to the little boxer style shuck and jive.

Awsome episode! Looks like Grimmjow is gonna be Ichigo's next Byakuya.

It was an episode of one-sided, yet still awsome fights.

Although the scene with Ikakku was hilarious, it was really annoyingly placed.

That opening though. It makes it seem like Inoue is gonna join the Arrancar. On the one hand, I can't imagine what could transpire to make her do that. On the other hand, it means she won't be standing around doing nothing for the entire arc.

BioAlien
Thu, 04-12-2007, 12:09 AM
I think this is the first time i have ever skiped the opening sequence of an anime in under 10 seconds.

Just, what the fuck!?

As for this episode, it was fine i guess, the best part for me was the " Shinigami illustatred picture book! Golden... "
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/7840/swordfe7.jpg
Pwn them!

Yukimura
Thu, 04-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Lots of stuff going on in the new OP. Something was going on with Orihime and Aizen, Chad's arm got an upgrade and Ishida seemed to have his powers back, with a new and extremely gaudy bow, as well as several new arrancar with Aizen.

As to the episode, it was pretty cool I think, Haineko is still pretty mysterious, it's power seems to be defeating people for no obvious reason. And poor Ichigo...I kept hoping against hope he'd manage to do at least on thing useful during that pummeling he took, but nope, he just took the whole beating and got saved by Tousen. No wonder he decided to go looking for Hirako.

And the new song....big step down from all the OP's so far. Maybe the song was so bad so people wouldn't look at it and see all the cool stuff that was hinted at.

@ Knives way to point that out, that thing looked awesome when he was talking, props to the animators for that.

DDBen
Thu, 04-12-2007, 12:48 AM
I think this is the first time i have ever skiped the opening sequence of an anime in under 10 seconds.

Considering I showed the opening to my friend and he said the following.

(1:31:46 AM): ok 10 seconds in and im alredy annoyed
(1:32:13 AM): so not gunna put myself through watching that whole thing

I can't help but agree the new songs are both trash and then ending is terrible all around.

Overall this was a decent episode but I'm really starting to hate how much of bleach is filler. The recaps, random filler insert scenes and just how they are drawing out everything to the point of boring is starting to bug me a lot. Then of course the openings the last few times have all seemed to contain animation from stuff thats to far in the future and that just destroys a lot of surprizes.

darkmetal505
Thu, 04-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Was Grimmjow always this estatic in the manga? Regardless, I liked the episode even with the random stuff they threw in there.

mage
Thu, 04-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Movie quality animation in this episode. Very nice.

I think I'm the only one that likes the new intro, too.

Dark Dragon
Thu, 04-12-2007, 02:08 AM
Considering I showed the opening to my friend and he said the following.

I can't help but agree the new songs are both trash and then ending is terrible all around.

Overall this was a decent episode but I'm really starting to hate how much of bleach is filler. The recaps, random filler insert scenes and just how they are drawing out everything to the point of boring is starting to bug me a lot. Then of course the openings the last few times have all seemed to contain animation from stuff thats to far in the future and that just destroys a lot of surprizes.

This episode would be equivalent to chapter 210, 211 and 212 in the manga, the latest manga chapter to come out is 270. If you consider the fact that the first 180 chapters roughly equal to the 60ish episode or so that was out before the filler started, that would be we have like less than 20 episode left before they have to go into filler again. So in short unless they stretch things out we'll have another filler arch or a long break sometime in the very near future.

DDBen
Thu, 04-12-2007, 03:12 AM
This episode would be equivalent to chapter 210, 211 and 212 in the manga, the latest manga chapter to come out is 270. If you consider the fact that the first 180 chapters roughly equal to the 60ish episode or so that was out before the filler started, that would be we have like less than 20 episode left before they have to go into filler again. So in short unless they stretch things out we'll have another filler arch or a long break sometime in the very near future.

No matter what they can't stretch the anime so it won't overtake the manga resulting in a lot of filler. So yes my feelings are make the manga content as good as possible and we can suffer through fillers or a break if we have to do so. Cutting every episode to 18 minutes and then padding that with the dolls on the other hand just makes me start to dread the series in or out of fillers.

chambers
Thu, 04-12-2007, 07:01 AM
wow...

i didnt expect Grimjow to be so..... empahtic about everything he does, the fight was more like a DBZ beat down with vegita or somthing... looked very nice.

also i love grimjows little shuffle at 12:25ish looked very cool, and i cant wait to see what happens next or how chad get his arm upgrade featured in the opening!

Mr. Roboto
Thu, 04-12-2007, 08:53 AM
i thought the three fights ended too soon but i guess they wanted to focus on ichigo getting pounded by grimmjow. ichigo better do some serious training with urahara or the vaizards if he wants to beat grimmjow. i wonder what aizen is going to do to grimmjow for disobeying his orders and getting those arrancar killed.

itadakimasu
Thu, 04-12-2007, 10:29 AM
anyone else having problems with the site? Says "Forbidden"

*edit...did i get banned unknowingly?? goddamn that sucks!

i thought db wanted me to do their survey they had up. but by the time i went to bed it was still telling me i had 0 seeds and 0 peers, luckily the ep was done dl'ing when i woke up this morning, and i get to watch in another hour and a half ^ ^ cant wait to see the new opening.

nests
Thu, 04-12-2007, 10:45 AM
The intro is allright.
Griomjow was freaking awesome in this episode I loved the part when he stared bouncing around after kicking Ichigo I inmidiatly tought moves like a butter fly but sting like a bee

eat_toast
Thu, 04-12-2007, 11:52 AM
OP sucks, Grimmjow is cool, etc. etc.

The whole minute sequence of Grimmjow machine gunning Ichigo made me laugh. Someone needs to put that on a loop, seriously.

But really, I still want hollow Ichigo to come out and whup ass. I'm tired of Ichigo sucking again, even though that's really the shonen anime format. The preview looked like he was fighting that blond Vaizard ... maybe he'll go train with them? As for the whole Orihime going to Aizen business, I doubt it'll be that simple. Unfortunately if she does end up in Hueco Mundo.... are we still in Soul Society?

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 04-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Wow..Grimmjow freaking kicksass. This one of the the things you need in a villian to make him kick some serious ass. Nice episode overall. Although the opening isn't as worse as Wings of Shit from GSD it's still pretty bad. The singing Kon part cracked me up though.

Inazuma
Thu, 04-12-2007, 01:05 PM
It's seems now every episode got a " Who's my bitch" character ...
120 Ururu
121 Grimjow

" Ownage " is a better commercial argument than fillers ? Yay

Animeniax
Thu, 04-12-2007, 01:20 PM
You people are freakin unbelievable. First 5 minutes of the episode, I was ready to post that if I hear any complaints from people about this episode I'd hunt them down and hurt them bad. Surprise, surprise, you clowns have something bad to say. 3 pages of whining and pointing out everything that was wrong instead of the 99.9% that kicked absolute ass on anything out there.

This was an amazing episode, start to finish. The animation was AMAZING. Better than movie quality, without that annoying over-doneness you get with movies. The action was intense and I actually was nervously excited about what was going to happen next. The fights were kick ass, the story moved along nicely, even the filler material was great. Yes, they overdid the Keigo sister exchange of looks with Ikkaku, but that's so minor a point in probably the best Bleach episode ever. The OP was good, the ED animation was KICK ASS, even if the song didn't fit Bleach. The Shinigami Golden Cup rules, and the preview was hilarious. What more could you people ask for?? What the f*ck is the matter with you people???

I prefer the Rolling Star song, but the animation from the previous OP was a bad reminder of filler time. I welcome the change.

Munsu
Thu, 04-12-2007, 01:32 PM
I agree with most of what you're saying, the animation was indeed great. Don't care much for the OP or the ED. They made a mockery of the excellent Grimmjow and Ichigo fight with the portion with the continues jabs, but other than that, there's really nothing else to comaplain about this episode.

itadakimasu
Thu, 04-12-2007, 01:33 PM
i thought it was a pretty good ep, yes... grimmjow did kick ass.

i didn't like the opening song but the animation foreshadowing the coming story was pretty good. cant wait until next week to get some vaizard action ^ ^

also, i like how the shinigami cookbook : golden has now been 3 running skits hahaha, con is the man, so pervy.

Kraco
Thu, 04-12-2007, 01:36 PM
The OP was good, the ED animation was KICK ASS, even if the song didn't fit Bleach. The Shinigami Golden Cup rules, and the preview was hilarious. What more could you people ask for?? What the f*ck is the matter with you people???

I could never endorse these OPs and EDs, because for me Bleach was quite an early anime series, and the punkish atmosphere of the beginning coloured it in my mind for good. The OPs and EDs (and even the content) have long since dropped that style and feeling, but still I yearn the distant past when that was still true. And these new ones are as far from that image as you could possibly get - no matter what manner of credits they otherwise at large could have had.

But yeah, the visual side of this epidose was impressive, both animation and camera work. Very interesting. And Grimmjow made quite an impression. I didn't really mind even the length of the Keigo sister's scene, because it was so bizarre in a positive manner.

Well, against all reason I only hope the Arrancars managed to actually kill somebody, thus creating more tension. But I guess that wouldn't fit the shounen textbook format...

Animeniax
Thu, 04-12-2007, 02:07 PM
I have to admit I think the songs are wrong for Bleach too, but the animation in the OP and ED are good, and a welcome change for the OP since the last one ran for like 30 episodes or something. I love Rolling Star (check out the full version, it's better), but the animation was filler-quality and I don't miss it. Hopefully they get another rockin' song from YUI for an OP or ED or both. Check out her music, it rules.

The bumper in the middle is the same unfortunately.

Assassin
Thu, 04-12-2007, 03:00 PM
i liked the OP song. it reminded me of the kenshin OP for some reason. The ED song wasn't bad either. I usually tend to hate every ED song and sequence, but im actually liking these ones.

And as has been said before the ep was just awesome. The other fights ended too quickly imo, but i guess it was necessary to show that they only won due to the element of surprise.

Im curious though, what happened to hitsuguya when he froze that arrancar? did the arrancar somehow attack him while frozen, or did he just fall due to the previous injuries? cuz it seemed like he was slashed by an invisible attacker or something, since he wasn't in that bad a shape prior to the release.

Kraco
Thu, 04-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Maybe he was just using ice to keep his wounds closed. When the arrancar was finally out of picture, he ran out of energy and let go of his bankai, thus letting also the injuries to fully open.

StillAlive
Thu, 04-12-2007, 03:37 PM
This episode was great! Like most of the people I don't like the OP and the ED songs but thats ok with me as long as they're going to show us more of this awesome animation :D.

Maybe Hitsuguya was hit by his own bankai respectively the disappearing of the same. The arrancar in the last ep compared Hitsugaya's ice-flowers to a timer so perhaps his bankai explodes like a bomb if he let its flowers go down to zero.

Inazuma
Thu, 04-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Something was very 300ish

On DB release
12:26 : Grimjow moves, so fluid
12:38 : look at the way Ichigo swing his sword ... It looks like some slow mo

If you look carefully you'll notice that Shunpo/Sonido animation is something else , notice the quality of the sound effects, and now the sound background met some standards(Wind, ...).

Bleach Prod bought some cool stuff from a sound bank and got themselves some good animators.

And yeah OP and ED deserve one line of whinning ... It's baaad we all agree on that, it makes you want to buy a Flamethrower and a ticket to their next concert.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 04-12-2007, 09:56 PM
This ep was excellent. I guess this is the advantage anime only viewers have over manga readers, that they can't bitch about the storyline deviating slightly in to filler territory if the filler is of good quality.

Grimmjow has established his credentials as a kick ass villain. When Ichigo was having the flashbacks of Orihime and Rukia I honestly thought the hollow in him was about to bust out and do some ass whooping. Too bad it didn't happen, but look forward to that in the future.

Orihime joining Aizen??? Man that has to have on hell of an explaination. Maybe she wants to gain the power to whoop Rukia? Whatever the reason, can't wait for the next ep.

Animeniax
Thu, 04-12-2007, 10:47 PM
And as has been said before the ep was just awesome. The other fights ended too quickly imo, but i guess it was necessary to show that they only won due to the element of surprise.

Im curious though, what happened to hitsuguya when he froze that arrancar?
I don't understand why Renji said they wouldn't have won without the element of surprise. All 3 of the Shinigami are now 5 times as powerful, so they defeated weaker level 10-20 Arrancar. I don't see why that would require a gimmick for them to win. Renji even says that he doubts he could have beat his opponent if he was full power from the start. I can't see why that would be. I just think it would mean he'd have beaten his opponent that much sooner.

Either Hitsugaya was hurt bad and holding himself together until the end, or he exerted himself too much with his last attack. Plus like someone else said, maybe he expended his bankai, which doesn't make sense, since he now has a huge reserve of reiatsu, should his timer reset or last longer? Weird.

One thing I didn't like, they didn't show Matsumoto's zanpaketou in action, again. I want to see what it can do.

If Orihime is going to have more screen time, I really hope they improve her dialogue:
*gasp*
*heavy breathing*
*yells someone's name*
*gasp*
*sigh*
*yells someone's name again*
*yell's someone's name yet again*
*gasp*
*heavy breathing*
*gasp*
etc, etc.

Crash
Thu, 04-12-2007, 11:59 PM
I don't understand why Renji said they wouldn't have won without the element of surprise. All 3 of the Shinigami are now 5 times as powerful, so they defeated weaker level 10-20 Arrancar. I don't see why that would require a gimmick for them to win.

I believe his exact phrasing was that HE couldn't have, not they. Still i thought having him say it was a bit awkward and unneeded though. I'm guessing it was an attempt at trying to establish some kind of power gap between Renji and the others. After all, he has only recently achieved Bankai and hasn't had the long training it requires to truly master it so it stands to reason that he wouldn't be as strong as Hitsugaya who is Captain class and has likely trained extensively in the use of his Bankai. As far as Matsumoto goes we really have no idea how powerful she is since her boobs get more camera time than her fights lol.

Great episode though, Grimmjow is officially the second best villain/fight right under Zaraki in the SS arc imo. It makes you wonder though how things are going to progress. They're gonna have to come up with some awfully creative ways to make ichigo stronger though. On top of that, if they're taking orders from Aizen that mean him, Gin, and Tousen must all be quite a bit stronger than the Espada are at this point.Gonna be a good arc though, one can only hope all the major fights are animated as well as that one was.

Ninja edit: Spoiler removed

DayoftheDante
Fri, 04-13-2007, 12:17 AM
http://www.imagecoast.com/images/DayoftheDante/tousen.jpg (http://www.imagecoast.com/)

http://www.imagecoast.com/images/DayoftheDante/burtonaslaforge.jpg (http://www.imagecoast.com/)

Animeniax
Fri, 04-13-2007, 02:05 AM
You're right Crash, he does say "if I'd been at full strength from the start, I might not have won". Good point about the skill difference between him and a captain. I'd have liked to see more of Matsumoto's fighting ability, but maybe they're saving that for the future.

The sound effect for the Arrancar "echoing movement" is THE SHIT. Awesome sound, like it's ripping the air.

Renji's baboon bone cannon is too damn cool.

Inazuma
Fri, 04-13-2007, 04:19 AM
Gimme warp speed on that Bankai eh ...

masamuneehs
Fri, 04-13-2007, 12:50 PM
The new OP is good. I was just getting to like the old one though... but the animation and style of the new one is better. The song is so-so. ...watching the OP gave me this horrible, horrible premonition about Inoue going to the Hollow side... And now that I look at everyone's posts, I see this was clearly what they were trying to convey... I'm hoping they have a good explanation for it beside: I can't be of any help and Ichigo doesn't return my love, so i'm going to kill myself. Oh shit I became a Hollow!

LOL at Keigo's sister and Ikkaku. Very good comedic break. Sounds like a new, light-hearted track playing during most of that scene too.

Also, new music when Grimmjaw is just wailing on Ichigo? The piano piece? That one I like a lot. It was nice to see Ichigo get beat up, get him all good and mad so the fight can really get down. It was interesting to see Grimmjaw take his time, enjoy beating up the stronger opponent after he felled Rukia with one hit. He seems to be another of those guys who gets off from gloating his strength over other reputed fighters...

And looks like the spraying spit after getting hit is here to stay... Mixed in some blood (and what a shade of red!) though, which makes it way better than the unforgivable Yami fight...

God I hope Tatsuki starts fighting...
Overall a very satisfying end to this brief sortie. The badassness of the Limit-less Shinigami makes up for that crap in 120, and the fight with Ichigo and Grimm was pretty sweet to watch, even if it was one-sided. Anyone else get reminded of a certain black swordsman when HIchigo started awakening and Ichigo's eyes started to get covered over in black?

The ED stinks, in my opinion. Byakuya in a leather jacket and pop music = fail. Tousen's new duds also fail.

Next episode looks promising: Ichigo with the Vaizards, Ishida training with his dad and Aizen's "punishment" for Grimmjaw.

Good looks on point out those SFX details Inazuma. I love the sound the Hollow Sonido makes. And yes, as stated, the animation was delicious in this ep.

RyougaZell
Fri, 04-13-2007, 01:39 PM
I keep wondering how the fuck dattebayo translated 'SONIDO' to echoing movement...

Masa:
I agree. Tatsuki totally needs to join them someday. If Inoue and Chad's power materialized from being exposed to Ichigo in just a few years... what kind of powers could Tatsuki get since she has been around Ichigo ever since both were little kids? I seriously hope Kubo decides to give her more screentime soon.

Rewatched op sequence. Scenes are great and makes you think what is gonna happen. But the song doesn't seem good for those sequences (mind... I didn't read the translation of the lyric...) the rythm seems off.

Ore Ska Band is awful. Yes, I already said this. But they ARE awful.

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 04-13-2007, 07:05 PM
it was a kickass episode from start to finish. I for one actually prefer this opening over Rolling star. this OD has a bigger sense of desperation and struggle and it showcases a lot of hollow ichigo as well as the rest of Aizen's espada's. I really look forward to the future episodes, and it appears Aizen will have an interest in Orohime in the future...interesting. Or at least she'll play a bigger role in the story. And Ishida, i completely forgot about him, nice to see him in the OD

Also, Grimmjow is tied with that other guy for favourite arrancar. Seriously, you have the silent cool type, then you have the psychotic emphatic type hehe. Awesome, and i loved that shot where his jawbone moved with his mouth. They kind of dragged out the whole 'walking towards Ichigo to pound him' sequence, but the animation was awesome!

Its also intersting to see Tousen order around Grimmjow, especially when it was shown in Soul society he was whipped by Zaraki, who was beaten by Ichigo hehe, who in turn is being whipped by grimmjow.

saman
Fri, 04-13-2007, 11:51 PM
http://www.imagecoast.com/images/DayoftheDante/tousen.jpg (http://www.imagecoast.com/)

http://www.imagecoast.com/images/DayoftheDante/burtonaslaforge.jpg (http://www.imagecoast.com/)

that...is exactly what i thought of when i saw that scene

anyway, good episode. a bit anticlimatic, but oh well

JaySee
Sat, 04-14-2007, 07:58 AM
If Orihime is going to have more screen time, I really hope they improve her dialogue:
*gasp*
*heavy breathing*
*yells someone's name*
*gasp*
*sigh*
*yells someone's name again*
*yell's someone's name yet again*
*gasp*
*heavy breathing*
*gasp*
etc, etc.
Hmm... I'd like to see Orihime say all that dialogue at once in full detail. :p

I liked the opening and endings.
For the record, the ending is not "pop" as masa says. It's Ska. Ska is most definitely NOT pop. The fact you don't know it's Ska, shows it's not pop. HURRAY SKA! Everybody skank! I'd like to see an opening/ending with Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra. :)

RyougaZell
Sat, 04-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Its name is Ore Ska Band, not Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 04-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Something that's been discussed before but its on my mind again. What are the theories now for Ichigo having the hollow inside him? Now that we know that Isshin is also a Shinigami, that solves the problem of where his strong Shinigami powers come from. His mother it seems was a normal human, or at the very least a weak Shinigami seeing as how she eaten by that hollow way back in the series. Ideas? I'm thinking right now that maybe Isshin is a Vaizard like Ichigo as well. What remains to be answered is how Vaizards come in to being.

And what about all these arrancar? It seems as though with the current fighting that the Shinigami are now treating them as just evil enemies. I'm sure at the beginning of the series there was a more humane outlook on hollows. When you killed a hollow its soul would be released and would be able to go to SS. If that is the case then can't the arrancar who have been killed shed some light on what Aizen's plans are once they get to SS?

DeathscytheVII
Sat, 04-14-2007, 03:35 PM
And what about all these arrancar? It seems as though with the current fighting that the Shinigami are now treating them as just evil enemies. I'm sure at the beginning of the series there was a more humane outlook on hollows. When you killed a hollow its soul would be released and would be able to go to SS. If that is the case then can't the arrancar who have been killed shed some light on what Aizen's plans are once they get to SS?

This is actually kinda complicated. Since Hitsugaya's explanation on the arrancar kinda imply that all the arrancar are made from Menos Grande type hollows having their masks ripped off.

And Menos hollows are formed from a bunch of hollows merging together. So by that extension, i'm assuming that for all the dead arrancar, when they are cleansed into soul society, they split back into the souls that made up the menos hollows in the first place, and so the personality of the arrancar is destroyed.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 04-14-2007, 03:49 PM
I would have thought if the Menos are loads of souls merged in to one, then it would be more like the fusion process in DBZ. When the fusion ends, even though the personality of the fused being is gone the people involved in the fusion still retain memories of the former character.

Edit: Two things about the OP...

1) Where are you guys able to see an upgraded version of Chad's arm upgrade? It looks the same to me.

2) Who is the dude next to Ichigo meant to be at 1:04 mins in to the OP?

Crash
Sat, 04-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Something that's been discussed before but its on my mind again. What are the theories now for Ichigo having the hollow inside him?

Theories? If you watched the episode where he regains his shinigami powers the answer should be pretty plain. I mean the guy practically was a hollow for about 30 seconds, the hole had opened in his chest and his mask was forming, however in the end his latent shinigami powers came out on top and he was able to beat back the hollow transformation. The hollow part of him that he beat back was sitting inside him since then.

DeathscytheVII
Sat, 04-14-2007, 04:06 PM
I would have thought if the Menos are loads of souls merged in to one, then it would be more like the fusion process in DBZ. When the fusion ends, even though the personality of the fused being is gone the people involved in the fusion still retain memories of the former character.

Edit: Two things about the OP...

1) Where are you guys able to see an upgraded version of Chad's arm upgrade? It looks the same to me.

Ah that may be true, but then again I don't think Soul society can keep track of who was part of the menos, since there's barely any organization in SS's slums. Also the fact that i doubt Aizen would let anyone but his closest confidants in on his plans (i.e Gin and Tousen).

1.) Chad's arm looks darker and the red is a different color, other than that, looks the same to me.
2.) As for that dude, it was a faded image of ichigo in the BG that keeps flashing in and out, like with Orohime and Aizen before in the op

masamuneehs
Sat, 04-14-2007, 04:07 PM

unless my eyes decieve me, it's Ichigo. That part sorta plays on the whole split personalities theme...

DB_Hunter
Sat, 04-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Gotcha. I thought it might be him, but the hair colour looked odd, even for non-colour.

@Crash: Yea that would be simple enough, however there is a slight complication. Ichigo has huge potential, and clearly that is linked to the hollow inside him. Now it could all be one big accident that his powers are due to the way he "gained" his Shinigami powers, but there seems to be more to it then that.

There are other elements to the story that are relevant. Such as Ichigo having a father who is at least Captain class. Also, when in SS Ukitake said looked and Ichigo and thought he reminded him of someone, when Byakuya came to him and said its not who he thinks it is. It was all very vague then.

I think knowing how the Vaizards came in to being will help with this debate more.

Crash
Sat, 04-14-2007, 05:21 PM
@Crash: Yea that would be simple enough, however there is a slight complication. Ichigo has huge potential, and clearly that is linked to the hollow inside him. Now it could all be one big accident that his powers are due to the way he "gained" his Shinigami powers, but there seems to be more to it then that

There are other elements to the story that are relevant. Such as Ichigo having a father who is at least Captain class. Also, when in SS Ukitake said looked and Ichigo and thought he reminded him of someone, when Byakuya came to him and said its not who he thinks it is. It was all very vague then.

I think knowing how the Vaizards came in to being will help with this debate more.

1)I'd say his huge power in the begining is pretty well explained by the fact that his father is a captain class shinigami. If you recall he isn't the only shinigami to achieve Bankai in 3 days, Urahara (sp?) did it as well so while Ichigo's level of advancement may hot be normal it's not exactly unprecedented. I really haven't seen anything in the show that would lead me to believe that the inner hollow is the source of his power from the outset. The only time it's clearly had an effect is when he looses control over it and it come out, as it did towards the end of the Byakuya fight at which time his power spiked enormously. Other than that he's been on pretty much even footing with other captain class shinigami.

2) As far as the conversation with Ukitake, he also said something similar to Rukia. I believe he was making a comment on her attachment to Ichigo and said "I see. This child does closely resemble Him." A line which it later became obvious to be in reference to the lieutenant in Ukitake's squad who she "killed". I'd say it's pretty clear that he was referring to the same guy when he said it to Ukitake.Go back and watch episode 49. The guy looks pretty much exactly like Ichigo except with black hair.

Really if you go back and watch most of the answers are there, you are just spending too much time trying to over complicate things.

JaySee
Sat, 04-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Its name is Ore Ska Band, not Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra.
That's the band in the CURRENT ending. What I said was...

I'd like to see an opening/ending with Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra. :)
:rolleyes:

6Zabuza9
Sat, 04-14-2007, 10:15 PM
arg! i was like cool new opening and the first thing i see were those gay filler dolls. just finish watching ep. grimjaw owns

Animeniax
Sun, 04-15-2007, 05:10 AM
Happily, that's all we saw of the filler dolls the rest of the episode!

Crash
Sun, 04-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Happily, that's all we saw of the filler dolls the rest of the episode!

I wish they'd just kill those things already.

Animeniax
Sun, 04-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Well they need to add filler, and it's better to develop filler characters during filler sequences (like Keigo's sister or the dolls or the Bount) than mess with the main characters. That said, they really could do better at creating interesting filler characters. The 3 dolls are so unlikeable: a b*tch, a snooty englishman, and a weirdo (though Nova is the coolest of them, he doesn't have much of a character to develop).

Inazuma
Sun, 04-15-2007, 03:18 PM

Gimme a flamethrower

Munsu
Sun, 04-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Well they need to add filler, and it's better to develop filler characters during filler sequences (like Keigo's sister or the dolls or the Bount) than mess with the main characters. That said, they really could do better at creating interesting filler characters. The 3 dolls are so unlikeable: a b*tch, a snooty englishman, and a weirdo (though Nova is the coolest of them, he doesn't have much of a character to develop).
They should just keep the filler characters in the sideline and not involve them in any of the battles like they did with Renji and Kon. It's fine to simply have them as "spectators and commentators" in scenes for more filler time and stretchout the episode. And I agree with you, the scenes with the sister were good, there shouldn't be complaints there.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 04-15-2007, 06:28 PM
I like the animation on this ep. Really good. Didnt care for the repeating scenes though...(Grim punching Ichigo like 150,000 times) Not bad though, not bad.

-dg-

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-15-2007, 10:40 PM

Keigo's sister ain't filler character. She's a minor support character.

But I do agree dolls and bountos are filler chars.

Mae
Mon, 04-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Violence, yes! That is what I download this series to see. I liked Grimjaw's little boxer shuffle too and the part where he was simply pounding on Ichigo, apparently for kicks.

I do wish they'd be a little more consistent in the animation though, this ep was too much of a jump compared to the last one. They should get the animators to coordinate a bit more, I think.

I am sort of randomly amused that the bad guys get a Spanish theme. The Spanish-style guitar that started up when the gate appeared made me smile.

Oh, op annoyed me, ed music was so-so, but the images were not bad. Seriously, is the author of Bleach a frustrated fashion designer or what? Not that I mind, I like his style, especially the punk look he gives Ichigo in the manga. I actually wish they'd used more of that in the series..

EpyonNext
Mon, 04-16-2007, 08:29 PM
I have to agree on the animation. I am now officially spoiled. This ep set a bar that 90% of the rest of the series wont reach.

dragonrage
Mon, 04-16-2007, 09:25 PM
this was a pretty good episode, the animation was exceptional, the fight between Ichigo and Grimjaw was interesting.

I like the fact that they didn't drag out the other three fights that included masamoto (she didn't fly if you didn't notice/ walk on air) renji and toshiro. I was hoping that it wouldn't, the way that they ended it was a bit dissappointing but i will take what i can get.

I really disliked the part where shinny head and flamboyient guy met keigo's sister, I mean how much more repeatitive can you get. I know that it was used to break the tension and well to just basically kill time but it did get on my nerves.

All in all a pretty good episode. I wonder just how strong the blind captain is now? I mean Grimjaw basically was subltely fearful of him. A sign of things to come.... I think so.

I am definitely looking forward to watching the episodes that follows. This is gonna be hot.

StillAlive
Tue, 04-17-2007, 01:43 AM
This is actually kinda complicated. Since Hitsugaya's explanation on the arrancar kinda imply that all the arrancar are made from Menos Grande type hollows having their masks ripped off.

And Menos hollows are formed from a bunch of hollows merging together. So by that extension, i'm assuming that for all the dead arrancar, when they are cleansed into soul society, they split back into the souls that made up the menos hollows in the first place, and so the personality of the arrancar is destroyed.
I don't think Hitsugaya ever mentioned that the arrancar are made from Menos Grande hollows. And it was never stated anywhere that the other two menos-types (gillian and vasto lord) are formed from many hollows, too.

Another thing: Ichigo's powers clearly aren't linked to his hollow-self imo. In ep 39 Ichigo fights against his hollow to regain Zangetsu after it was broken by Zaraki. After the fight Hollow-Ichigo fades away saying (lunar translation): "He's strong, ya know, Zangetsu-san. Raise him well. Because that power's gonna be mine someday." So it's Ichigo's power to begin with but the Hollow-Ichigo probably knows how to use this power more effectively.

el_boss
Tue, 04-17-2007, 05:48 AM
I'm going to stop havin opinions about bleach. I get fucking neg repped everytime I say something, be it positive or negative.

I just don't get why they don't draw out the fights more. Like baldguys fight could have lasted for at least half an ep longer. I mean even the recaps take more space than the actual fight.

DeathscytheVII
Tue, 04-17-2007, 12:54 PM
I don't think Hitsugaya ever mentioned that the arrancar are made from Menos Grande hollows. And it was never stated anywhere that the other two menos-types (gillian and vasto lord) are formed from many hollows, too.

I'm pretty sure a menos hollow is a hollow made from many hollows......(feel free to correct me) As for the arrancar, maybe not the Grande kind, but he did said that menos are divided into three classes. Gillian, adjucas (spelling?) and vasto lorde. and Hitsugaya said something like "If aizen ever got a hold of ten of the vasto lordes, soul society is finished." Then ZOOM straight to aizen saying he had twenty. So the arrancar, to be that powerful, had to be made from menos of some kind. I think Yami is the adjucas..or the second one, for instance.

I just don't get why they don't draw out the fights more. Like baldguys fight could have lasted for at least half an ep longer. I mean even the recaps take more space than the actual fight.

They gotta give the manga time to get ahead i suppose. I hear we're awfully close with this arc.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-18-2007, 06:31 AM
I'm going to stop havin opinions about bleach. I get fucking neg repped everytime I say something, be it positive or negative.Or you could just, you know, be well adjusted and not care about your rep counter.

Last I checked we weren't being paid to post here on a scale based on our rep scores.

chet_chetty
Tue, 04-24-2007, 07:11 PM
I just don't get why they don't draw out the fights more.

They gotta give the manga time to get ahead i suppose. I hear we're awfully close with this arc.

@Deathscythe: Drawing out a fight would be one way to buy time and let the manga get ahead.

I'm going to stop havin opinions about bleach. I get fucking neg repped everytime I say something, be it positive or negative.

Or you could just, you know, be well adjusted...

that's fucking golden