PDA

View Full Version : Switch OGM default audio by default.

RyougaZell
Sat, 04-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Yes... I know, the title is recursive.

Anyway.

I downloaded Noir from AnimeHQ and it has the default audio set as english. I've searched their forums, and MPC options, but can't or couldn't find a way to change the default audio to japanese.

Any help? Thanks.

Munsu
Sat, 04-07-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not possible. For one, the order of the audio streams vary from encode to encode if not mistaken. I've asked various groups about this, an no one has given me a solution.

RyougaZell
Sat, 04-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Yeah. That what I saw on several forums. But they also mentioned a filter... yet no one posted how to configure such filter.

Will a bat file help? Although I do need to find how the hell to make the bat choose Japanese from the audio options.

Board of Command
Sat, 04-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Convert all the files to MKV and take out the English streams in the process. It'll take a lot longer than just switching to the Japanese stream while playing, but worth doing if you're going to archive because it saves space.

MKVToolNix is what you want to use.

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Nice! Thanks BoC. It took me just 30 seconds to convert the first episode. Since it ended well I'll convert the whole series. I don't think the streams take that much space so it will fit in a DVD without them, but at least I don't have to change the damn language everytime I open a file (btw, the english track is horrendous....)

I would pos rep you... but you are in your neg rep quest... hmmm.

Thanks again.

Board of Command
Sun, 04-08-2007, 11:58 AM
No problem.

I that case you can just neg rep me instead.