PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 349

Tsukasa
Fri, 04-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Naruto 349 MQ/HQ Raw (http://www.sendspace.com/file/sl5dki)

Guess with it being good Friday everything is slow. No rush though :D.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 04-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah so glad to see the raw, and I'm even more curious to see what the translation has to say.

Although I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed to see the return of Oro's cursed seal. It was always something that everyone kind of thought was stupid. I hope Kirin and Suigetsu don't have cursed seals either.

Assertn
Fri, 04-06-2007, 02:10 PM
translation (http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11210)

Lols...damn....Juugo sounds like a pretty dope character. Now I just wonder what's so special about the girl member of the team.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 04-06-2007, 02:38 PM
And here I thought that it was more spiritualistic, but in actuality, the source is science based. Hmmm...nicely done. Nicely done! -dg-

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 04-06-2007, 03:03 PM
I take my previous comment back if Jugo is the origin of the whole cursed seal thing then that's a lot more interesting then him simply being another cursed seal lacky. Good chapter can't wait till we get a scanlated copy.

Meteros
Fri, 04-06-2007, 03:24 PM
mq scanlation (http://www.sendspace.com/file/01aoxe)

Knives122
Fri, 04-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Pretty much describes how crazy Orochimaru was; aka best dialogue in the ch.:

Karin: Well, think about it. Why would he have come to Orochimaru on his own?
Suigetsu: I dunno. Because he's retarded?

Chouonsoku
Fri, 04-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Pretty much describes how crazy Orochimaru was; aka best dialogue in the ch.:

Karin: Well, think about it. Why would he have come to Orochimaru on his own?
Suigetsu: I dunno. Because he's retarded?

Heh. I laughed at that part. Anyway, if Juugo is the source of the cursed seal, I wonder if he may have been one of the Konoha kids that disappeared? If the seal came from him he'd of have to been experimented on a long time ago, when Anko was still a child.

Idealistic
Fri, 04-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Well this chapter cleared up the "Is Juugo a bisexual" theory.

But a very interesting chapter nontheless.... Everytime we see something in the manga that Sasuke has been through, Sasuke always has this guilty look or something. For example when he saw The Great Naruto bridge and now in this chapter when they talked about why Juugo went to Oro in the first place.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 04-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Badass chapter, really starting to get back into feeling of some great naruto manga.

translation (http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11210)

Lols...damn....Juugo sounds like a pretty dope character. Now I just wonder what's so special about the girl member of the team.

I think we might have to find out next chapter, Juugo did say the next girl to walk in would be killed.

mage
Fri, 04-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Wow, that prison scene was pretty graphic for Naruto. Very nice :)

animus
Fri, 04-06-2007, 07:12 PM
I think he said something more along the lines of, if the next person that walks in, happens to be a girl, it dies, so I assume if a male walks in first he is safe. Atleast that's what I got out of the the scanlation I read.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 04-06-2007, 07:42 PM
I think he said something more along the lines of, if the next person that walks in, happens to be a girl, it dies, so I assume if a male walks in first he is safe. Atleast that's what I got out of the the scanlation I read.

I think that she is going to die. But then come back to life as some sort of Jutsu. She might be immortal like some of the other people we have seen lately. I mean how else can she keep a whole prision guarded on her own? I mean the people would be like..."We could kill her and escape...oh wait we cant kill her!"

Just a thought....or half.

-dg-

Raven
Fri, 04-06-2007, 08:37 PM
It looked like the hilt of Zabuza's sword has had most of it chopped off, somewhere along the way. There's only a slight stub left.

So, another young bishi is joining the team, eh. Hooray, or something.

darkmetal505
Fri, 04-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Now it seems a lot more plausible that Sasuke was on drugs. I bet he wants to stim every up with Juugo's blood. Yay for steroids!

I hope Karin isn't the first to stumble upon Juugo though.

mage
Fri, 04-06-2007, 09:03 PM
It looked like the hilt of Zabuza's sword has had most of it chopped off, somewhere along the way. There's only a slight stub left.

So, another young bishi is joining the team, eh. Hooray, or something.
It screws on. He keeps it on his belt when he isn't using it. Seems like a bad idea, though. What if he loses it?

toonice714
Fri, 04-06-2007, 09:28 PM
I dont know about all of you guys but I HATE sasuke. I just dont like the way they're trying to redeem his character after all he has done. It's annoying. It's leading me to believe that he might die a hero and even if naruto becomes hokage it wont matter because as it began so it shall end revolving around sasuke. First they make him superior to naruto in every aspect. Next they have him beat naruto after you see him make obvious progress that proves that he has surpassed sasuke. Then he leaves and wants nothing to do with konoha. Here comes like a million arcs for finding this ungrateful cocky loser and for what? So they band him with virtually the same team? A misfit, a girl who crazy about him and now some guy who is the source of power for Oro's potential bodies. Then he drops this guy with a swing of his sword. WTF! WHY!?!

Whatever good chapter and all that....... this better be going somewhere.

Assassin
Fri, 04-06-2007, 11:07 PM
the guy he dropped wasn't jugo....atleast i dont think so. cuz after he drops him he says "hurry up and help me find jugo" followed by a scene of jugo sitting in his cell.

and as for sasuke being better then naruto the whole time, thats the whole point of the series. Naruto is suppsoed to be the underdog.

Anyway, pretty good chapter. Kishi's finally started to make intresting storylines again. Now i just hope he ties up so many of the loose ends we still have lying aroung.

Assertn
Fri, 04-06-2007, 11:13 PM
idk why this pisses you off, toonice

February
Fri, 04-06-2007, 11:34 PM
One of the best chapters I've read in a long long time....

so good..

an awesome explanation for cursed seal

and I love how Sasuke changed

Wow...best chapter I've read in a while

itadakimasu
Sat, 04-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Toonice : sasuke has always been a badass, and now is the ultimate bad ass.

anyhow.. awesome chapter, very cool how they bring juugo out as the origin of the cursed seal. that adds alot of depth to the story line.

fahoumh
Sat, 04-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Wow, Kishi has really stepped up the manga...this was an awesome chapter. I totally thought the guy who went on the killing-spree was Juugo. And man, Sasuke becomes more badass every time we see him.

Wren
Sat, 04-07-2007, 07:50 PM
all i know is with how they are portraying sasuke now hes starting to look a lot more like griffith from berserk as the chapters move on. bout the only difference is that he hasnt sold his comrades for power yet but i wouldnt be suprised at all to see it -_-. all he needs now to complete his little entourage is an idiot young knight and some random seer

ah well

JaySee
Sun, 04-08-2007, 04:19 AM
As a fellow Sasuke hater, I couldn't help but chuckle at Suigetsu's oblivious satire of Sasuke being a retard.

toonice714
Sun, 04-08-2007, 01:37 PM
I must have missed a page in the download then. I dled it from narutofan and the last page they had in the trans was a pic of sasuke going thru what i asssumed to be juggo. i'll dl another trans. Im just annoyed in the sense that the whole obvious superioirity that sasuke has over naruto is just excessive. The pretty sure the point of all that was to just make character development for the upcoming fights they will have in the future and to divide fans of the series to cling to certain characters of their liking. It just seems like its going to far. Just call the damn anime Sasuke and be over with it.

Btw jaysee that is kinda funny how sasuke does fit into that category of being a retard.

chet_chetty
Sun, 04-08-2007, 03:03 PM
there's no reason to believe sasuke is a villain because he is the primary antagonist in the story.

big_ac
Sun, 04-08-2007, 10:39 PM
I think we might have to find out next chapter, Juugo did say the next girl to walk in would be killed.

I have officially figured out the next chapter. Here it is...

The trio enters the north hideout and all make a few comments on the carnage.

They come to Juugo's cell and Karin reaches for the door, but Sasuke stops her because he has a "bad feeling" or some other such nonsense.

Sasuke opens the door....and is immediately attacked by Juugo. After some pose like Juugo holding Sasuke by the neck and about to choke him, he drops him and says.....................................
"Damn, I could have sworn you were a girl!"

JaySee
Mon, 04-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Wouldn't Sasuke see him with his Sharingan? Or are you thinking he would blindly open the door without activating it when he has this "bad feeling?"

fuzzyeyebrows
Mon, 04-09-2007, 11:37 AM
As a fellow Sasuke hater, I couldn't help but chuckle at Suigetsu's oblivious satire of Sasuke being a retard.

hahahhahaa you fucking made my day

mage
Mon, 04-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Wouldn't Sasuke see him with his Sharingan? Or are you thinking he would blindly open the door without activating it when he has this "bad feeling?"
Sharingan isn't x-ray vision.

JaySee
Mon, 04-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Sharingan isn't x-ray vision.
Uhh... WHAT?!?! :rolleyes:

Assertn
Mon, 04-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Uhh... WHAT?!?! :rolleyes:
He's right. Only byakugan is.

JaySee
Mon, 04-09-2007, 07:46 PM
LOL! I was going to say the same thing, but I didn't want the guy to be confused even further.

toonice714
Mon, 04-09-2007, 08:47 PM
The sharingan can see an amassed amount of chakra though so he could probably sense an potential attack. He is going cursed seal on the other side.

February
Mon, 04-09-2007, 11:49 PM
I dont see why you guys hate Sasuke so much

Just because the main character is Naruto, doesnt mean you have to like the main character

Naruto is a dumbass that never improves and I accepted him for a year but now Im just so tired of Naruto acting immature and lame. So what if he learned the wind rasengan recently? He still cant use it properly and its only 1 powerful jutsu. Learn a bunch of mid to low level jutsus like Sasuke

On the other hand, you guys might hate Sasuke because he acted cocky in the very beginning and competed with Naruto for power. You guys might hate him because he ditched his friends for his revenge and goal in life. But seriously, if your brother killed your family and your whole goal in life was to kill him, I would seriously lust for power. And do you think Sasuke could have improved to the point he is now by staying in Konoha, under Kakashi's training? I highly doubt it and I would do the same thing he's done if I were in his position.

And the reason why Sasuke acts so cool-headed now is that Kishi is trying to show the readers that Sasuke has grew up over these years and matured somewhat, not trying to make Sasuke super-duper-cool or whatever.

JaySee
Tue, 04-10-2007, 02:16 AM
The sharingan can see an amassed amount of chakra though so he could probably sense an potential attack. He is going cursed seal on the other side.
Wait a sec... Are you guys seriously believing that I was saying Sasuke could see through the door? :eek: You're kidding right? :rolleyes: HELLO! Sharingan... Activate before you open the door... SHARINGAN!?!? :confused: I guess I'll have to clear it up. :cool: Sasuke would open the door with Sharingan active, thus he would see the guy's attack coming and be able to react accordingly.

Naruto's fine, but that's not why we hate Sasuke. At least not why I hate him. In fact, it has no relationship to Naruto at all. I hate him because he's a whiny, cocky, piece of crap emo-kid that needs a swift kick in the nuts if his metrosexual sack has any. :D

itadakimasu
Tue, 04-10-2007, 10:31 AM
I dont see why you guys hate Sasuke so much

Naruto is a dumbass that never improves and I accepted him for a year but now Im just so tired of Naruto acting immature and lame. So what if he learned the wind rasengan recently? He still cant use it properly and its only 1 powerful jutsu. Learn a bunch of mid to low level jutsus like Sasuke

Naruto has grown alot even if he is still relying of the kage bunshin. sasuke is clearly the better all around ninja, but naruto is very powerful himself... sasuke had to use the cursed seal in order to overpower orochimaru, which is equivilant to naruto turning into kyuubi

chet_chetty
Tue, 04-10-2007, 11:18 AM
I hate him because he's a whiny, cocky, piece of crap emo-kid that needs a swift kick in the nuts if his metrosexual sack has any. :D

[I never really saw Sasuke this way even before the timejump but]...I find it outdated, for lack of a better word, if not inaccurate that people see the current Sasuke this way. Actually I'm really enjoying the current Sasuke's character.

Yukimura
Tue, 04-10-2007, 01:14 PM
When I look at Sasuke and think back the only notable person he'd ever beaten during part one was Naruto at the end. Other than that his successes included the sound 3 when he was all cursed sealing out and the guy in the Chuunin preliminary torunement. Every other time he's been in a real fight he hasn't managed to come out on top for one reason or another (usually b/c his opponent is light years a head of him in skill). Now part of this might be because he rarely fights scrubs and he was getting beaten by people like Garaa, Oro, and Itachi but when you look at his record and compare it to Naruto's it's a bit stacked against him, since Naruto has beaten Haku, Kiba, Neji, Garaa, & Kabuto (with help). With the exception of Kiba these were all amazingly able fighters.

While Naruto is the more prolific winner, I've realized that Sasuke has been placed on another level from the start. Sasuke only really fights top level people, and before the time jump he generally lost or didn't win, but now in part two Sasuke is able to take on these top level people and beat them no sweat. It seems to reaffirm that he's on an S level while Naruto has generally been more of an A level. But now both have an Akatsuki level win on their cards an as usual the difference between them is that Sasuke doens't look like he's in very bad shape after he wins, while Naruto always looks like he's on deaths door. Same old same old.

big_ac
Tue, 04-10-2007, 10:14 PM
I agree with chet_chetty. The new Sasuke is confident but never seems as cocky as he did in the old days. He definitely has the skills to back up anything he's said thus far, and is really similar to Kakashi and the other high-levels in the series because of his level-headedness and his seemingly relaxed manner.

If any of you have actually taken martial arts under a highly skilled sifu, sensei, etc., then Sasuke's new mannerisms should seem very familiar. He is unshakable, always calm, and, to me, constantly projects an aura of well-deserved confidence in his abilities. I have trained under three masters in three very different disciplines, and this detached yet imposing demeanor is one trait they have all shared.

JaySee
Wed, 04-11-2007, 03:47 AM
To me the detached imposing demeanor implies arrogance. Being humble is key to martial-arts. It helps prevent you from getting into fights you can't win. I've found true masters are constantly learning and training, and know that they can be defeated. Anyone can be defeated by sheer luck. A true master would be humble and avoid a fight. An imposing demeanor is just going to attract a fight.

Assertn
Wed, 04-11-2007, 11:41 AM
He's definitely cocky.....
His speech to oro was proof enough of that

Mkadoza
Wed, 04-11-2007, 04:37 PM
He's definitely cocky.....
His speech to oro was proof enough of that

His speech to Orochimaru was accurate though, as we saw in Oro's facial features while he was talking. His speech to Orochimaru was more of a personal rant against the way Orochimaru works, since Sasuke was obviously reminded of his brother. I think he just plain hated Orochimaru and said spiteful things.

And in regard to him stating his superiority to Orochimaru, he basically proved it. He overpowered Orochimaru's will in his own dimension, and I don't think Oro's sickness had anything to do with Oro's will. Sasuke is extremely powerful, which shouldn't be too suprising, since it was said from day one that he has more potential than even Itachi.

And Naruto has become an extremely powerful ninja as well. I look less at the resulting jutsu, and more about the process he undertook to get there. The things he had to master to learn both the rasengan three years earlier and the wind rasengan now, he has created, literally, the most difficult, and probably most raw powered jutsu ever. No one has ever successful done what Naruto has.

Its pretty clear in this manga that this is a story about Naruto, Sasuke, and their relation with each other and everyone else. Its also pretty clear that these two are to become two of the strongest ever. And I personally like the way Kishi continues to develop their characters, especially Sasuke. I would like to see him cultivate the relationship between Naruto and the Kyuubi more, kinda like the Kyuubi acknowledging Naruto personal ability.

Bottom line is that the mangas story has really gotten better over the past month or two, and I'm eager to see how strong Sasuke's teammates are, and quite frankly how powerful Sai really is. And personally, I would love to see a little more of Neji and Lee against Sasuke's partners.