PDA

View Full Version : MLB 2007 Season

Munsu
Mon, 04-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Alright people, today is opening day for MLB... so who are you rooting for and what are your predictions for this year?

I say the Red Sox go all the way, we have Matsusaka after all. Enough said.

masamuneehs
Mon, 04-02-2007, 11:11 PM
i used to like you...

The Yankees showed off their power and awesome lineup again today. There's no doubt that their hitting is the best in the MLB and the bullpen is improved. If Pavano can win 10 games and Pettite play anywhere near his previous years I see them winning the AL East. Meaning the Red Sox don't. Fuck the Red Sox. Yanks all the way, or bust.

I'm excited for the new season, with one exception: I really don't want Barry Bonds to break Hank Aaron's record, which he almost certainly will unless he gets grievously injured. The fucker is a horrible cheater (not to say that he's the lone offender) and I'd hate for one of the games most prestigious records to be his.

Other predictions:
The Mets fail to live up to expectations again, but still win the NL East.
Johan Santana regains his Cy Young form and takes the Twins to the Wild Card spot.
The NL sucks until the very end of the season, then wins the world series again...

SK
Tue, 04-03-2007, 09:00 PM
GO RED SOX!
Bad loss though...

Apraxhren
Tue, 04-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Being from Philly you can probably guess I'm rooting for the Phillies. Only team in the league with 3 solid starting pitchers and offense, but ultimately they will underachieve as is to be expected. Braves will sadly win the pennant.

Predictions sure to go wrong:(Yes, I stole this line)

Going against everything that is right in the world and continuing with the disgusting trend of previous winners, the Giants will win the world series.

The Red Sox try, unsuccessfully, to imitate the Yankees by buying there way to a division title but still finish behind the Blue Jays. Ironically meanwhile, Cashman spends less and wins 10th straight A.L. East.

The A.L. central continues with the round-robin winning as the Kansas City Royals take the division.

Barry Bond's head continues to balloon in size ultimately leading to the first human bobble head.

The N.L. dominates the A.L. as the pure and beautiful form of real baseball is restored.

N.L. East: Atlanta Braves
N.L. Central: Houston Astros
N.L. West: San Francisco Giants
N.L. Wild Card: Florida Marlins
N.L. MVP: Miguel Cabrera
N.L. Cy Young: Zach Duke

A.L. East: New York Yankees
A.L. Central: Kansas City Royals
A.L. West: Los Angeles Angels
A.L. Wild Card: Oakland Athletics
A.L. MVP: Rickie Weekes
A.L. Cy Young: Dan Haren
---

Now that I went out on every limb of the tree it is only a matter of time before I'm wrong but it is much more fun than going with the favorites.

GLS
Tue, 04-03-2007, 11:01 PM
N.L. Central: Cincinnati Reds
N.L. MVP: Adam Dunn
N.L. Cy Young: Aaron Harang

Fixed :-p

Nah... even as a Reds fan, it'd be ridiculous to expect that much from Cincy. I like this Wayne Krivsky GM better than when Jim Bowden was making moves; also Carl Lindner relinquishing ownership last year. Although, moving Austin Kearns was a head-scratcher.
The whole deal with Josh Hamilton is pretty cool. Good to see a guy get himself out of the pits and onto the diamond.
I also, since the glory days of Griffey Jr., have been an M's fan. I watched Felix Hernandez fan 12 last night, but outside of him and Ichiro, the M's don't have too much to get the Emerald City excited about.

Speaking of Barry's head, you could probably swim in his batting cap... and he'd charge you $50 to take a dip :mad:

Oh... and let Pete in!!!

Munsu
Wed, 04-04-2007, 04:03 AM
GO RED SOX!
Bad loss though...
Yeah, that was a horrible way to start a season... Though we've usually get rocked in the first outing, even the great Pedro always allowed a shitload of runs in opening day. Well, let's see if we can do better today with the new and improved Becket taking the mound.

SK
Wed, 04-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Yeah, that was a horrible way to start a season... Though we've usually get rocked in the first outing, even the great Pedro always allowed a shitload of runs in opening day. Well, let's see if we can do better today with the new and improved Becket taking the mound.

If Schilling can win a good 16 games, Becket back in 20 game win form, and if Matsuzaka can become a 20 game winner (like he is supposed to be) then we can easily beat the Yankees for first place. As it is now I think we easily get Wild Card. Good defense in the infield and outfield (besides Manny) and obviously good hitters, as long as the starting pitching staff does their work and we still have Papelbon closing, I think we have a shot at another title.

Munsu
Wed, 04-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Manny is not as bad as an outfield as he's made out to be... And he uses the Green Monster very well. That people consider him a bad outfield actually plays better for the Red Sox, and the reason he gets so many outfield assists.

Apraxhren
Wed, 04-04-2007, 09:46 PM
If Schilling can win a good 16 games, Becket back in 20 game win form, and if Matsuzaka can become a 20 game winner

Beckett BACK in 20 game win form? He has never had a 20 win season. He had a career high of 16 last season to go along with his career high of 33 games starts(1 more win than his previous year, 4 more starts). The Red Sox have the same problem as my beloved Phillies, the bullpen sucks, and with Beckett and Schilling only averaging 6.0 innings pitched it doesn't help. Not to mention there have only been 3 20 win pitchers in the last 3 years( with 0 last year). I think you are reaching for strings, thats a lot of if and maybes. There are still injuries and trades to be considered as well.

Edit:
Bonds hit #1 of this season
Countdown to doomsday: 21 HR

Munsu
Fri, 04-20-2007, 02:24 PM
I don't know Aphraxhren, the way the Boston pitchers are pitching, some 20 winners this season isn't so far fetched. If only the offense would start doing something to support the pitchers... but Manny just hit his first homer, so it's only a matter of time for them to start killing the competition.

Tonigh starts the series of the greatest rivalry in sports history, Red Sox and the Yankees... I smell a Red Sox sweep.

masamuneehs
Fri, 04-20-2007, 04:57 PM
I smell a Red Sox sweep.

we'll see, but I think if it's a sweep, it will be a Red Sox sweep it'll be a sweep of the RedSox.

i hate barry bonds with every fiber of my body.

a-rod es in fuego!!! Arriba!! I'm glad he's having a good season so far, hope he keeps it up. I looked at some of his stats today and he's got potential to become one of the best players ever. Almost 500 HRs already...

Yankee pitching has been hurt by injuries early, but some new arms and the bullpen are doing a surprisingly pleasant job so far.

Apraxhren
Fri, 04-20-2007, 05:44 PM
I wasn't saying there weren't going to be any 20 winners, just stating that #1 Beckett has never before had a 20 win season, and #2 multiple 20 game winners on the same team is HIGHLY unlikely. Last done by the Astro's Jose Lima and Mike Hampton in 1999 if i recall correctly. I must say though the Sox's bullpen has been impressive, but it is still to early to say what pitchers are the real thing or just products of the offensive slump due to cold weather / inflated offense last year thanks to the WBC. While on the Red Sox's topic what if Roger Clemens goes to the Sox, I'd feel bad for Wakefield but man would that be a rotation.

Now onto express my utter disgust with the Phillies. Despite expecting such a let down I never thought Manuel was capable of destructing such a promising team, I guess I underestimated him. Most people would think a fucking major league manger could perform simple actions such as double switches. Although I'll give him credit, sending your ace to the bullpen is such a great idea that managers around the league are quickly following suit. "Believe me, If I knew what to do, I'd definitely do it" - Charlie Manuel

Countdown to doomsday: 17 HR

Munsu
Fri, 04-20-2007, 10:52 PM
I know what you meant and what you're saying, and I agree that it seems impossible, but as how they've been pitching it really isn't that far fetched to hope for it.

And Bonds is awesome, enough said... I don't want to turn this thread into a piece of shit discussion of steroids, we get enough of that in the media and I don't want it here. If anyone wants to discuss steroids in baseball, create a separate thread to discuss it.

So the Red Sox getting swept is no longer a possibility. No need to elaborate and rub it in, I'm just going to say that the Red Sox are Rivera's "papi". 11 (or is it 12) blown saves against the Red Sox, including 4 in the 2004 World Series Championship year postseason.

SK
Sat, 04-21-2007, 01:51 AM
HAHAHA YANKEES SUCK!!

Munsu
Sat, 04-21-2007, 07:14 PM
2 down, one to go... And Matsuzaka taking the mound tomorrow, 7 shotout inning would be nice.

Apraxhren
Sat, 04-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Finally a solid game from the Phillies. The offense struggled again despite a complete shake up in the order, because Manuel still doesn't know what to do. Which once again brings up my outrage for moving Myers to the pen but none the less Cole pitched an absolute gem complete game, 15K, 1ER. Hopefully Manuel is fired soon and Myers can rejoin the rotation.

SK
Sat, 04-21-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm calling 14 Ks for Daisuke tommorow.

Munsu
Sun, 04-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Damn, we just hit 4 homers in a row... Manny, Drew, Lowell, and Varitek.

Apraxhren
Sun, 04-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Entertaining game at the least. I thought this would be a very telling game for Matsuzaka. His previous three outings were against suspect teams, KC having a poor offense, Seattle playing in only their 4th game, and Toronto a strike out prone team. With the Yankees striking out very rarely and possessing a great offense I was quite impressed with his outing. Despite giving up 6 he didn't give up any big innings, only 1 crooked number, and struck out 7. His only real problem seemed to be pitching from the stretch which had be noted in his previous starts, once he gets used to it he will be good. Speaking of Japanese pitching Hideki Okajima really took a step back, his scouting report out of Japan was mostly about his inconsistency, it will be interesting to watch as he seems to be a major player in the bullpen.

Munsu
Sun, 04-22-2007, 11:33 PM
I was actually surprised they used Okajima again... You can't expect to throw the guy against the number one team in offense three days in a row and expect him to be successful, he was overused. They should've used Timlin or Donnelly in the first place.

About Matsuzaka, he pitched well in my opinion, the runs scored against him were a couple of bloopers and some great hitting by the part of the Yankees, no real mistakes. I liked how he hit A-Rod and Jeter, welcome to the rivalry. Well, he got the win, and that's all that matters.

masamuneehs
Mon, 04-23-2007, 12:09 AM
i eat my previous words.
Sox played well. I hope we've learned a lesson (the pitchers especially) for the next time we meet. I don't think we'll give up the AL East that easy.

On other news: Why are teams even pitching to Barry Bonds?!???!
It infuriates me to no limit. And look! The guy is fucking hitting them out of the park all the time now, number 740!!! The record... for the love of the game someone...

If I was a manager or owner or coach, I'd instruct my players to never, on pain of death, never pitch to Barry Bonds. Not once. Walk him every single time, or hit him with the pitch. I wouldn't want to be a part of that bastard's tainted legacy.

suckitdry
Mon, 04-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Nasty Nats will be champs! Fuck yeah Frank Robinson!!!

One, two, Go Team Shake!

SK
Mon, 04-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah great series for Boston, first sweep that I've seen in my lifetime. Bad loss tonight though (Wakefield is fucking old). Man if we picked up Clemens we'd be a lock for champs again, I remember going to see him pitch and getting a signed ball when I was a little kid at Pawtuckett.

SasukeX
Wed, 04-25-2007, 10:05 AM
YANKEES!!!! Mets basicly sucked so far as always and braves got their ass wooped by the cubs and red sox can jus diaf for all i care only person doing decent imo is ramirez. althought giambi isnt doin so well for the yanks but i think they'll pull it off

SK
Wed, 04-25-2007, 11:59 AM
My cousin went to all three games, lucky bastard. :(

Munsu
Fri, 04-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Hmm, the Red Sox continued the Yankee sweep tonight... The Yanks are in a really tough position in this early season. Most, if not all of the AL East have good teams, so climbing back from the bottom will be pretty hard if they continue playing as they have lately, 7 straight loses.

SK
Sat, 04-28-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm calling another sweep for the Sox.

Munsu
Sun, 04-29-2007, 05:30 PM
So, Torre getting fired during or after the season is over?

masamuneehs
Sun, 04-29-2007, 06:00 PM
So, Torre getting fired during or after the season is over?
i don't think anyone's going to go pull that emergency alarm so soon... but if it is warranted, they'll wait until after. I don't think things will get that out of control that the Boss'll fire that bullet in the middle of a season. God I just wish the pitching on the Yanks could stay healthy.

i'm fucking furious about Barry Bonds hitting so many HRs and getting so close to the record. fuckings cheating bullshit...

edit - two mlb baseball threads? since you asked so nicely (you dick), i'll tone it down about the steroid thing, but i don't see how it shouldn't be discussed here. you don't need to say anything if you don't want to talk about it. this thread is for more than just 'gasming about your fave teams...

I'll admit it, the source of my anger is that I fucking hate cheaters. Oh wait, that's not got anything to do with the Yanks? Guess you're not always right Bud...

edit - ok, sorry about that. it's been a rough time recently and i've not been in a very good mood. The Yanks sucking hasn't helped that, but honestly I'm not buying into the panic just yet. I'll alsoavoid the steroid subject if that's what people want.

SK
Sun, 04-29-2007, 07:49 PM
Hahaha, Yankees really do suck this year, they're really terrible. I hope we get some dramatic Steinbrenner firing and the Yankees finish at the bottom of the division, remember they were BAD against TB last year. The Red Sox are looking really good this year, Daisuke can only get better, and Beckett is pitching well. We also got Lester doing well in Pawtuckett, if we picked up Clemens we'd get another title for sure. Thats only a dream, but hey anythings possible especially since Moss got traded to the Pats, another dream I never thought would come true.

Munsu
Sun, 04-29-2007, 08:38 PM
i don't think anyone's going to go pull that emergency alarm so soon... but if it is warranted, they'll wait until after. I don't think things will get that out of control that the Boss'll fire that bullet in the middle of a season. God I just wish the pitching on the Yanks could stay healthy.

i'm fucking furious about Barry Bonds hitting so many HRs and getting so close to the record. fuckings cheating bullshit...
I don't know, George is capable of anything... he has threatened to fire him so many times that you have to expect that it's simply a matter of time for him to get fired.

And...

Stop bringing the Barry controversy to this thread... I already said I didn't want it in this thread, so create your own steroid thread. And even if he's cheating, what he's been doing is nothing less than spectacular, not even in the history of cheaters have they accomplished what he's doing. And I'm tired of all the accusations without prove... we get enough of that crap in the media, he's still playing baseball for a reason while countless of cheaters have been caught red handed already.

So just admit it, your source of anger is because the Yankees suck, nothing to do with Barry... he's not the cause of every single thing that is wrong with baseball...

SK
Mon, 04-30-2007, 10:18 AM
Last time I checked steroids doesn't help your hand-eye coordination.
Can't wait to see Barry break that record.

Munsu
Mon, 04-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Cardinal's are in an "emotional rollercoaster" once again... but man, what tough luck. First Darryl Kile dies, and now Josh Hancock.

masamuneehs
Sun, 05-06-2007, 02:27 PM
so it's been a much better week for the Yankees.

Chien-Ming Wang, whose sinker is like a bowling ball, nearly pitched a perfect game yesterday, going 8 and a third without allowing a baserunner. The Yanks got beat up the day before (after sweeping Texas), and it was nice to have a long pitching effort from them. Today one of the young kids, Rasner, pitched very well, and the Yanks are well in command of this one as I write (5-0 in the 8th).

And so i'm sitting here, feeling very good about the Yankees pitching. It's the 7th inning stretch and they broadcast the singing of God Bless America at the Stadium. They go to commercial, but all of a sudden the local commercial cuts out. They go to an image of a guy in the stadium holding a microphone, without sound. Who is it?

It's the newest Yankee, Roger Clemens. I went absolutely bananas. Nobody in the NY media had a clue this was going down, and the players in the dugout looked just as surprised as the fans in the stands. I'm fuckin' psyched.

In other news: The Brewers are kings of the ugly NL Central, where the Cardinals can't seem to have any luck (now they lost Carpenter for some time). The AL East is still competitive, and it looks like the team to beat will be whoever comes out of there. Also, the Pirates seem to have fallen off after a promising start, which I'm pretty disappointed with...

SK
Sun, 05-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Fuck the Yankees, Clemens is an old man anyway.

Apraxhren
Thu, 05-10-2007, 04:44 PM
The ever so fickle Red Sox fans. ;)

So far this year starting pitching has been fantastic to watch. You'll have to excuse me as I proclaim my love. I don't know if it is because of the WBC last year or just luck but some unheralded youngsters have made an impact so far. I can't really say the A's pitching has been a surprise because they always produce great pitchers, and through the first month Dan Haren looks amazing; 1.89 era, 0.96 whip, 40 strikeouts. Like Haren in Harden's shadow, James Shields is thriving in Kazmir's shadow. I don't know how this kid gets so overlooked he has excellent command, 38 walks in 124.2 innings last year, and has improved his strikeouts, 49 this year almost half he had last year. With those two pitchers and their much improved offense it will be hard to hold them down in the AL east much longer. My favorite so far would have to be Micah Ownings, maybe since we share the same first name. He is arguably the 2nd best starter on the Diamondbacks, behind Webb and at times Johnson, the thing is he is stuck in the 5th spot. He has a little trouble with his command, 12 walks in 28 innings but he is holding opposing batters to just .216 with 21 strikeouts. I hope this kid gets the chance to jump ahead of Hernández and Johnson and become a star.

Now for the much heralded young guns, especially the much hyped Phillip Hughes. He just keeps getting more interesting as the season goes on, shaky first start, no hitter till he got hurt, and now Roger Clemans as a mentor. He could easily end the year as the Yankees ace or back in AAA. The Giants also recalled a tremendous talent in Tim Lincecum, who like Hughes, had a shaky first start. I'd love to see him turn it around and be a productive starter in a killer rotation with Cain and Zito.

If anyone actually bothered to read all of that I apologize.

Apraxhren
Sat, 05-12-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm double posting because it is two days later and a completely different subject and I feel like writing another novel to add to this thread.

I attended the Phillies v. Cubs game this evening, first Phils game of the season, I have tickets to Wednesday against the Brewers before returning home. Let me just say though, this was a great game, despite the weather troubles. I was in section 109, row 7, seat 18 right on the isle near the right field corner so it was perfect heckling range of Cliff Floyd who was playing right field for the cubs most of the night. There were a group of guys in the row behind me and they apparently take special pleasure in ruining Floyd's life as he gave them the finger last year. By far the funniest moment was in the bottom of the second when Freddy Garcia was up, Floyd was playing him about 20 feet from the wall and one of the guys shouts "Floyd you should move back he is going hit one over your head" and just a few seconds later Garcia hits a monster to right that goes over Floyd's head and bounces off the scoreboard in the wall. Everyone in the section was laughing and in the fourth when Garcia came back up Floyd was slowly taking steps backwards, and it seemed as if half the stadium was laughing at him.

Another pleasure of being in right field is witnessing Shane Victorino, who is quickly becoming the fan favorite. The dude is a good hitter, base stealer, and he hustles on every plan which will automatically make you a hero in Philly. The biggest reason to watch is his rocket of an arm, which seems to throw out someone at home from right field almost every game. Today he did it twice, once throwing out Soriano at home, and a second time throwing out Jones. Later in the game Soriano stopped at third on another hit to right field in respect to his arm. One aspect of his game seems to be undervalued, his toughness, the guy is not very big at all yet every time there is a play at the plate he doesn't try and slide but always goes head first bowling over the catcher, Pete Rose style, which seems to be one of many lost arts in todays game.

The one gripe I have is that Brett Myers did not get a save. He came into the eight with a 4 run lead, which many people seem to assume means it is not a save opportunity. However, the rulebook state that in order to earn a save you #1 must not be the winning pitcher, #2be the last pitcher in the game and #3 meet ONE of the following criteria: Enter the game with a 3runs or less lead, or Enter the game with the tying run on base, at bat or on deck, or Pitch effectively with the lead, a very subjective statement. As I said he came into the eighth with a 4 run lead, and following two Philadelphia relievers that came up all the runs, 1 in the 6th, 6 in the 7th where they actually had the lead. The Phillies regained the lead in the bottom of the 7th and Myers comes in and strikeouts 5 out of the 6 outs recorded in his 2 out relief. To me that seems to warrant a save, to completely shut down and offense that had just scored all but one of it's runs for two innings. There was probably only 8-10 thousand left after the rain delay but when he was pitching it was the loudest all night and virtually everyone was standing the entire time.

SK
Tue, 05-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Who else caught the Sox game the other day, down 5 to nothing and came back in the 9th to score 6 runs. Man imagine being at Fenway...Well I'm going in a few weeks to watch the Orioles get hammered.

masamuneehs
Sat, 06-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Yanks finally seem to be getting back in shape... Saw a Phils/Jays game, and wow that staidum in Philly is very nice. Makes Shea and even the one in the Bronx look pretty shabby...

Anyway, it's getting toward the All-Star break, so I'm gonna just put down my votes:

National League:
1B: Prince Fielder, MIL.
2B: Chase Utley, PHL
3B: Miguel Cabrera (I'm sure David Wright's going to win this one, but I think Cabrera deserves the recognition. He's on a far worse team)
SS: Jose Reyes, NYM.
C: Brian McCann, ATL (I still think this guy's the best young catcher in the pros)
OF: Matt Holiday, COL (.361 average is no joke)
Carlos Lee, HOU (when his team isn't hitting, he still provides lots of offense)
Ken Griffey Jr., CIN (I can't help it, I love this guy)

American League:
1B: Kevin Youkilis, BOS (yes, over Ortiz. The position is 1B, not DH. Honorable mention goes to "MVP?" Justin Morneau.
2B: Brian Roberts, BAL (no HRs, no RBIs, I know... Poor guy is on Baltimore though...)
3B: Alex Rodriguez, NYY
SS: really wanted to pick Jeter...but his fielding this year... Maybe Orlando Cabrera from Anaheim... can't decide still. My fanboyism makes me want to pick Jeter so badly, and he is having a good year... But can I really pick 3 Yanks to start the All-Star game when they're doing so poorly?
C: Jorge Posada, NYY. (omfg he's en fuego this year.)
OF: Magglio Ordonez, DET (sorry Sheff, he's the real stud this year)
Vladmir Guerrero, LAA
Grady Sizemore, CLE (I don't want to shaft Ichiro or Sheffield, but Sizemore is having a more complete year than the two)

yeah, i'm a dork... necro post ftw!?

Munsu
Sat, 06-09-2007, 11:09 AM
There are many deserving the SS position in the NL. This year the position has provided with a bunch of good hitters, the Brewers' one has been hitting the ball like an MVP.

On a side note... Man, Schilling losing the no-hitter on the last out was disapointing.

ChaosK
Wed, 07-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Bump time!

Go Yanks. :D

The All-Star break ended and then the Yankees go on a streak. Their pitching rotation is finally starting to look solid when Hughes comes back and someone shoots Igawa.

Even though the starting pitching is looking good, the bullpen still sucks shit besides Mariano. For some reason, Torre feels the need to give Farnsworth the 8th inning, even though he can't get anybody out.

A victory against Toronto today will make it a five game winning streak. Soon we'll be back at the top!

masamuneehs
Wed, 07-18-2007, 08:06 PM
...christ, don't jinx it or nothin... I was holding off of commenting on anything until almost the playoffs (largely because I thought that the vast majority of people here didn't care about the sport...), but I suppose now...

I'm cautiously glad that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named hasn't broken the record yet... I'm hoping he never will.

I could go on for hours about the Yankee bullpen... let's not and just hope they trade Butt-Doctor-Scott-Proctor and get rid of Farnsworth... If I had my druthers, it'd be: Villone/Bruney/NotMikeMyers for the 7th, Vizcaino in the 8th, Mo for the 9th...

The Mets are falling apart? I think people aren't giving enough credit to the Braves (and, to a lesser extent, Philly... losing 10,000 games is a horrible milestone, but inevitable for a franchise that old...) for keeping it that close.

The AL Central makes all other division look like a joke right now, and that's with the White Sox floundering... The Twins could win any division in the NL, and they're in third. The Padres and Dodgers are restoring a little bit of pride to the NL West, which I'm very glad to see, as that division was so terrible last year...

Munsu
Tue, 10-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Well, the first round of the playoffs is over. Everyone got swept, except the Yankees... I assume they wanted to be humiliated one more day. Just as much as I enjoy watching the Red Soxs win, at times I find even greater joy watching the Yankees suck.

The NL and AL finals should be quite interesting. Colorado and Arizona have tons of young players which should make the games have a bit of energy. Boston and Cleveland should be interesting, there will be some great pitching match-ups.

But we all know that Boston currently has the best team, World Series champs.