PDA

View Full Version : Plot Failure

February
Fri, 03-30-2007, 11:45 PM
You all know that Orochimaru went through so much trouble to get Sasukes body(he actually wanted the sharingan) . He even waited 2 years so that he could acquire Sasukes sharingan. My question to all of you-hardcore-Naruto fans out there is:
Why didn t Oro simply acquire Sasukes sharingan by a simple transplant jutsu? (Like how Rin did for Kakashi to get Obitos eye...)

Lack of medical ninjutsu skill? I am pretty sure that Kabutos medical ninjutsu > Rins
Look at Kakashi. There is nothing wrong with his sharingan. He can even use mangekyou.
So what was the whole point of Oro waiting 2 years to get Sasukes sharingan? Anyone else think Kishi just messed up on the plot?

Splash!
Sat, 03-31-2007, 12:43 AM
I think that can be answered by the fact that the Sharingan eye transplant isnt the most efficient or effective method for acquiring the ability, although it seems to work. Itachi himself expained that the eyes need an Uchiha body to work best which is why Kakashi gets fatigued by using them too frequently. Orochimaru, with his God complex, would most likely want the eyes in a way that he could use them without any such effects.
Also, with Orochimaru, it was not just the Sharingan that he was obsessed with. In fact, what he was looking for was a vessel that he could occupy. Hence, he preferred an Uchiha because their legendary reputation as ninjas. He wanted the whole package: Sharingan, natural talent and gifts, physical strength and all. If it were just the eyes, he would at least have tried to get his hands on Kakashi’s Sharingan at some point (One Sharingan better than none, right?), which would have been easier to get than Itachi’s. To Orochimaru, its all about the BOYS, not the the EYES ;)

Assertn
Sat, 03-31-2007, 01:41 AM
Well....for one thing......
Kabuto was talking about how if oro didn't transfer out of his current body, he could die as early as tomorrow.

Even if he transpanted sasuke's eyes.....he'd still have to switch bodies. What will he do then?

Genma
Sat, 03-31-2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I think you forgot to acknowledge the fact that Oro's body was dying, and he needed a new one.

JaySee
Sat, 03-31-2007, 10:14 AM
It hasn't been fully laid out, but it looks like Oro HAS TO switch bodies every 3 years. So he wouldn't even have the sharingan for long, unless he transplants it to his next body afterwards. Maybe he's just using it as a shortcut to learn lots of jutsus, since he said he wants to learn every jutsu.

Anyways, a big problem with the transplanting is that it seems you can't "turn off" the sharingan. That's why Kakashi covers or keeps his left eye closed. Oro can't transplant both eyes, and he loses depth perception and gets a blind spot with just one.

Assertn
Sat, 03-31-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm not sure if oro would completely lose the eyes from a new body though....
Afterall, we know he still retained part of the previous bodies, as they were still lying in that ritual dimension.

Splash!
Sat, 03-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Well....for one thing......
Kabuto was talking about how if oro didn't transfer out of his current body, he could die as early as tomorrow.

Even if he transpanted sasuke's eyes.....he'd still have to switch bodies. What will he do then?

Thats true, but February is talking about why Orochimaru chose to wait 2 years for Sasuke's body instead of just transplanting the eyes and the immediate threat of dying wasnt a problem back then.

Anyways, a big problem with the transplanting is that it seems you can't "turn off" the sharingan. That's why Kakashi covers or keeps his left eye closed. Oro can't transplant both eyes, and he loses depth perception and gets a blind spot with just one.

But the thing is, i think it is turned off when he puts his eye under the patch. Otherwise, having the Sharingan turned on 24/7 would probably be quite strenuous on mind and body. I mean, the Uchihas themselves only activate it when they need to. But i could be wrong about this one. Just because Kakashi' eye is covered with a patch most of the time doesnt necessarily mean he cant turn the Sharingan off.

fahoumh
Sat, 03-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Just because Kakashi' eye is covered with a patch most of the time doesnt necessarily mean he cant turn the Sharingan off.
I was under the impression that was exactly the reason he kept his eye covered...because he was unable to turn it off. :confused:

Death BOO Z
Sat, 03-31-2007, 02:27 PM
it's Kakashi and Kishimoto, they have a record of acting against reasonable assumptions...
seriously, they might end up saying "the reason I keep my sharingan covered is so it won't unleash it's full power on the open, it's really solar powered and can shoot out laser beams of pure anti-ninja matter".

it could happen.

Genma
Sat, 03-31-2007, 05:44 PM
I was under the impression that was exactly the reason he kept his eye covered...because he was unable to turn it off. :confused:

Yeah. If he was able to turn it on and off at will, what would be the point of covering it with his headband or, in the case of when he's not wearing one, keeping his eye closed?

JaySee
Sat, 03-31-2007, 07:09 PM
It would be quite stupid for Kakashi to cover his eye just to "be cool." Like I said, he loses depth perception and gets a huge blind spot. There would be no point in covering it if he could turn it off, except that one eyeball would be red. Everyone knows Kakashi has sharingan. Everyone who knows what it is anyway.

itadakimasu
Sat, 03-31-2007, 08:14 PM
If you guys read back into the chapters where kakashi is fighting the itachi clone and gai is fighting the kisame clone.... Itachi before you know he is a clone is saying something about being unable to use mangyekou... kakashi then goes into asking him about how bad his vision really is.. the reason he keeps it covered up is so that he will not have a blind sharingan eye from over use of teh sharingan.

Stoopider
Sat, 03-31-2007, 09:01 PM
It would be quite stupid for Kakashi to cover his eye just to "be cool." .

Imo, it itches like a bitch. Hence he covers it if not he'll be rubbing it all day and get a red eye. Wait.. it's already red..

Super5
Sat, 03-31-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm with Jaysee, famouh and genma on the sharingan thing. Oro could have transplanted one or both of the eyes from Sasuke, but I doubt he could turn them off. With all the strain of the chakra the eyes take, he would have exhausted and possibly killed himself from this procedure (unless he chooses to keep his eyes closed most of the time). It's much easier and safer to acquire the Sharingan by the soul transfer technique. Unfortunately it didn't pan out for him...

JaySee
Sat, 03-31-2007, 11:09 PM
If you guys read back into the chapters where kakashi is fighting the itachi clone and gai is fighting the kisame clone.... Itachi before you know he is a clone is saying something about being unable to use mangyekou... kakashi then goes into asking him about how bad his vision really is.. the reason he keeps it covered up is so that he will not have a blind sharingan eye from over use of teh sharingan.

What's your point? This just further proves he covers his eye because he can't turn it off. Having his vision go bad is just a side effect of not being able to turn it off along with the chakra drain.

Munsu
Sun, 04-01-2007, 02:11 AM
I think his point was another factor on why Oro trying to takeover Sasuke's body instead of transplanting his eyes is not a plot failure.

Lithonite
Sun, 04-01-2007, 10:34 AM
I theorize the Cursed seal "kills" the body keeping it from degrading like the one Oro had. However all of his "chosen" potential successors had the seal.

I honestly am wondering how this is all going to play out. Will Orochimaru have control of Sasuke when he is sleeping or is he really gone, lost in Sasuske consciousness...

One MAJOR failure is the fact sasuke was able to use his sharingan while in Oro's spiritual dimension. We all know it was not a physical place he was when his will consumed Oro's deimensiona ndh e made reference to all Oro's justu failing to his eyes( Which we know is not true as Oro beat sasuke, had it been a fight sauske would have died when his weak ass was paralyzed: he cant defeat Itachi without Orochimaru ) However how the hell does his spiritual self have use of a physical attribute... although the explanation of how the spiritual dimension was taken over by Sasuke will does follow some sort of continuity.

I just want Oro to hurry back Sasuke really lacks any depth except he is a pretty nice guy freeing prisoners and all.

UChessmaster
Sun, 04-01-2007, 03:30 PM

for the 454548678607867087th time, sharingan does NOT makes you blind

Munsu
Sun, 04-01-2007, 03:47 PM
I don't know about the accuracy of him becoming blind and such is, but it's a known fact that he can't turn off his Sharingan, and most importantly since the he doesn't have an Uchiha blood or body, his Sharingan uses a ridiculous amount of chakra... That's why he's has been hospitalized a couple of times already after using the Sharingan.

The main point is that transplanting the Sharingan is a bad idea, it's best to actually transfer one's soul to the Uchiha body. You also need to remember that Oro is also looking for the perfect host that will be capable of whistanding his "power" so that he can grow old with the body, no need to keep transfering every three years or so.

Idealistic
Sun, 04-01-2007, 06:26 PM
for the 454548678607867087th time, sharingan does NOT makes you blind

Yeah... I could have sworn rememering it was only the MS that can make you go blind if you use it oftenly.

As for the whole Kakashi covering his eye part... I'm pretty sure he closes it and the mask just helps hold down the eyelid so it's easier to hold it closed.

@Stoopider, when you itch your eye.... The white part of the eye turns red... Not the colored part.. (I don't remember the official terms for those parts, but whatever.)

Assertn
Sun, 04-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah... I could have sworn rememering it was only the MS that can make you go blind if you use it oftenly.
No.......also wrong.....

Yes it's been confirmed that the overuse of mangekyou causes strain on the person's eyes, but it has never been proven that it leads to blindness. You're all just referring to residue assumptions based on the encounter between kakashi and itachi, when in reality the conversation eluded to kakashi having mangekyou, not itachi losing his vision.

itadakimasu
Tue, 04-03-2007, 11:30 AM
i will have to re-read the manga, but when i read it, the only thing i pulled from kakashi's encounter with itachi was that he was suggesting that itachi could no longer see well because of the sharingan... although this was pointless because it was not the real itachi...

Assertn
Tue, 04-03-2007, 07:00 PM
This is pretty much literally what they say:

Itachi says "Kakashi...you...!"
Kakashi says "Itachi, how bad have your eyes gotten?"

Now, this is all they really said in that scene, and this led to two drastically different interpretations...either:

1) itachi's eyes are going bad.
2) kakashi had developed a new uber ability that itachi had failed to notice.

It was later revealed that kakashi had mangekyou, which proves that #2 is accurate. Does this disprove #1? Not necessarily, however, what it does disprove was that the scene had implied #1 to be true.

itadakimasu
Wed, 04-04-2007, 10:16 AM
while on the topic of kakashi and itachi... I'm wondering if they will fight again before one of them bites it.

Xscatic
Fri, 04-13-2007, 11:27 AM
while on the topic of kakashi and itachi... I'm wondering if they will fight again before one of them bites it.

Two characters who are powerful, popular among fans, and important to multiple plots and unanswered questions. It isn't IF they are going to fight agin, its more like WHEN, WHERE, and UNDER WHAT CONDITIONS.

jing
Fri, 04-13-2007, 11:32 AM
If I was Orochimaru, I would not want the body of a 12 year old...therefore its a good choice to wait?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????

JaySee
Fri, 04-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Maybe he wanted Sasuke to pimp all those 14-yr old hoes chasing after him. (He's about 14 now.)

Raven
Fri, 04-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Aren't they like 16-17 after the time jump?

Idealistic
Fri, 04-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Aren't they like 16-17 after the time jump?

Well let's see.. They were 12 when the series started.... When the series ends it has to at least have been close to a year... So let's say they are 13 when the series ends.... They could even have been 14... 2 1/2 years later they are now 15-16... Almost 16-17.

At least that's how I see it...

jing
Fri, 04-13-2007, 10:50 PM
I think it's 15.

Lithonite
Sat, 04-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Further since Sasuke saying he took him over is not correct either. he took over the dimension.. meaning Oro's conscious is still lurking around inside Sasuke. My question where are things going to go from here. If Oro is dead( which really would be rediculous seeing as Sasuke was not strong enough to kill the guy in sickly condition ).

We know Sasuke is planning on going after Itachi( and subsequently Akatsuki ) then what... If he was not able to kill Oro' how the hell is he going to kill Itachi, without the mange Sharingan?

Sasuke is not enough to take Itachi... Without Oro,a nd the dual antagonists( Akatsuki, and Oro ) this story is lacking.