PDA

View Full Version : Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS

Church
Wed, 03-28-2007, 11:50 PM
I seem to be the only one excited for this series... Well, I can't blame you guys, it does have "mahou shoujo" in the title.

Plot Summary:

Set 10 years after Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A`s, Nanoha, Fate, Hayate and the rest of the crew are now working full time in the Time-Space Administration Bureau. Nanoha is a combat instructor, Fate is a special Investigator, and Hayate is a commanding officer. They must unite once again to save the dimensions.

Links:
ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6828)
AniDB (http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4688)
Official Site (http://nanoha.com/)

YouTube Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOA2cwnJfX8)

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-29-2007, 12:13 AM
This is how Mahou Shoujo's should be. Anyways... hope to see a fansub soon.

JaySee
Thu, 03-29-2007, 01:01 AM
I think The Triad is debating whether or not to do it.

Kraco
Thu, 03-29-2007, 01:56 AM
I seem to be the only one excited for this series... Well, I can't blame you guys, it does have "mahou shoujo" in the title.

A few people definitely have expressed their interest in some other threads. You must have just missed those posts. There are some decent mahou shoujo shows out there, and Lyrical Nanoha was always, for me, one of the better ones. In the past I was heavily traumatized by Magical Girl Pretty Sammy, but Nanoha was actually one of the shows that healed me partially.

I'll most certainly watch this.

JaySee
Thu, 03-29-2007, 02:11 AM
I thought Pretty Sammy's rival was hilarious. When she was in magical form of course.

Ryllharu
Thu, 03-29-2007, 05:21 AM
First time I saw that promo actually. It somewhat confirms what we all kind of suspected. Nanoha, Fate, and the others will be relegated to more side-character roles, while the new girls take over as main characters. It's only mildly disappointing, but it looks really good.

Church
Thu, 03-29-2007, 08:48 AM
A few people definitely have expressed their interest in some other threads. You must have just missed those posts. There are some decent mahou shoujo shows out there, and Lyrical Nanoha was always, for me, one of the better ones. In the past I was heavily traumatized by Magical Girl Pretty Sammy, but Nanoha was actually one of the shows that healed me partially.

I'll most certainly watch this.Yeah, must've mised those, I don't usually hang around the forum that much.

2 more days... :D

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-29-2007, 09:16 AM
First time I saw that promo actually. It somewhat confirms what we all kind of suspected. Nanoha, Fate, and the others will be relegated to more side-character roles, while the new girls take over as main characters. It's only mildly disappointing, but it looks really good.

If they keep the same level of quality I won't be dissapointed.

I don't think The Triad will sub it, or if they do they won't use their usual quality. Their page is full of insults against the series. Maybe its inner-jokes, but since I don't hang around their chat room I can't tell.

Church
Sun, 04-01-2007, 12:24 AM
Triad is doing it, they have subbed ep1, but we'll probably have to wait till tomorrow for the torrent :(

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-01-2007, 06:25 AM
Or a week or so from now, since the episode hadn't aired for another 6 hours after they posted that message.

Church
Sun, 04-01-2007, 08:52 AM
I know, I figured that out after I posted it... I need to stop surfing the web on 1 AM...

Munsu
Mon, 04-02-2007, 11:57 AM
First episode by yesy:
http://bt.yesy-fansubs.net/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_01_%5BLQ%5D%5BA5E5E6F6%5D.avi.torrent

It's a LQ episode, they'll be releasing higher quality of this episode later... I myself will wait for Triad's version. I still need to finish Nanoha A's also.

Kraco
Mon, 04-02-2007, 12:02 PM
If yesy can keep up a better pace, I'll go with them. I doubt I would see much quality difference between yesy and Triad, anyway, as my eyes aren't that keen for such things unless the differences are gross. And I was very satisfied with their Utawarerumono subs, anyway.

animus
Mon, 04-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Is this a shoujo ai series mayhaps?

Munsu
Mon, 04-02-2007, 12:18 PM
If yesy can keep up a better pace, I'll go with them. I doubt I would see much quality difference between yesy and Triad, anyway, as my eyes aren't that keen for such things unless the differences are gross. And I was very satisfied with their Utawarerumono subs, anyway.
Well, it's my curse to find lots of errors in subs... so I'm going to stay away from their version, and I didn't like their Utawarerumono either, so I'll wait for Triad all by my lonesome. Triad was fairly fast with their Nanoha A's if I remember correctly.

Is this a shoujo ai series mayhaps?

What makes you think that? Other than being a friendship centered series, I haven't seen any hints from shoujo ai in the previous seasons.

animus
Mon, 04-02-2007, 12:21 PM
It kinda looked like it from the youtube trailer in the OP to me for some odd reason O_o.

Munsu
Mon, 04-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I can see that now... I think it's more of a "senpai" admiration thing, and maybe a one-sided crush or something.

You seen the previous seasons?

animus
Mon, 04-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Oh no I haven't, like most people i get turned off by the "mahou shoujo" part. But it seems this series is quite decent apparently?

Munsu
Mon, 04-02-2007, 12:31 PM
It seems like it can turn out good. I'm watching Nanoha A's, the second series, currently... it's much better than it seems, the mahou shoujo side is tolerable at the moment. The first series you'll probably find too boring... maybe go to wikipedia or something to read the plot for the first season or two if you don't want to give Nanoha A's a chance, but want to give this series a chance.

Kraco
Mon, 04-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Goddam the video quality was bad. It was almost like some streamed video turned into an avi. Extra Low Quality would be more appropriate than just LQ. I hope it won't be like this with every episode, or I'll just skip the first release. I don't want to watch them like this.

Otherwise not really easy to say anything about the story itself. This was purely an intro episode for both characters and to a lesser extent the setting. No indication whatsoever what the plot itself is going to be. But clearly those two second generation girls are going to be the main characters. I guess Nanoha and Fate got too powerful and established to be of much use anymore... Although they did both still get screen time nicely.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Well, if the video quality is as bad as you say, I'll either wait for their high quality version or wait for Triad's with Bud.

But I'll probably get impatient and download it anyway. The first season of Nanoha revived the whole genre for me. Overly drawn out series with magical girls "healing" all of their opponents is overdone and terrible, but Nanoha consistently made it about Magical Girls fighting each other.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-02-2007, 03:10 PM
I had heard about the LQ of yesy's release. Seeing the comments here I'll definitely wait for a HQ release, or Triad's release (if they end up deciding to do the series). Whatever comes first.

Munsu
Thu, 04-05-2007, 07:50 AM
Released by Nanoha-DGz:
http://dgz.fansub-torrents.com/%5BNanoha-DGz%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_01_%5BXVID%5D%5BCCC4EF5A%5D.avi.torrent

Anyone knows if they're any good?

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-05-2007, 11:15 AM
yesy released a MQ version if you want to check that out, but I didn't hear good things about DGz's dvd rips of the first two series.

Their dvd rips literally used Triad's translation, changing the names to the more engrishy version that Triad despises. Raising Heart for Raging Heart (which to Triad's favor sound more like what Yukari Tamura actually says), and a few others here and there.

I imagine whoever is in the Nanoha part the joint is their new translator.

Munsu
Thu, 04-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I still doing get how it can be officially Raising Heart, When the Japanese is "reijingu"... If that's not Raging, I don't know what is. So I'm with Triad and their choice of translation.

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-12-2007, 04:20 PM
First ep out by Triad!

Torrent (http://a.scarywater.net/triad/%5BTriad%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_01.mp4.torrent)

(Now... if I could find a direct download....)

TheBladeChild
Wed, 04-18-2007, 01:36 AM
is it me or is there a mini-me Rider(FSN) in the opening?

Church
Wed, 04-18-2007, 02:06 AM
No, you're not the only one. That was the first thing that came to my mind too.
Click for pic (http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6036/vlcsnap137799nj2.png)
Personally I thought the OP was a little weak.

Well, I'm afraid my worst fear is coming true, it seems like the series will focus more on the new characters (Heck, Signum and Arf didn't even get air time (was Arf even in the OP?). Nanoha and her gang are probably too powerful to be main characters, that or the enemies will have to use some uber hax :D

TheBladeChild
Wed, 04-18-2007, 04:41 AM

Well, I'm afraid my worst fear is coming true, it seems like the series will focus more on the new characters (Heck, Signum and Arf didn't even get air time (was Arf even in the OP?). Nanoha and her gang are probably too powerful to be main characters, that or the enemies will have to use some uber hax :D

Good im not the only one ^^

Well the main char of this series from the start is Subaru.

RyougaZell
Wed, 04-18-2007, 08:42 AM

Where have you been all these months?
It was announced ages ago that Nanoha's role wouldn't be main character, despite her name being on the title.

Munsu
Wed, 04-18-2007, 08:40 PM
I don't know, I liked the new characters introduced... and a focus on them for the series shouldn't be a bad thing. For one, they have some instersting weapons at their disposal, which is refreshing.

I enjoyed the first episode, the only thing is that Nanoha matured very badly, I don't like her new appearance, she looks cross-eyed.

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-19-2007, 07:38 AM
I've found Subaru to be particularly likable. I had my reservations about the change in primary characters, but I really wouldn't mind the focus on Subaru. Her fighting style is so different from the other characters in A's, except for maybe Signum. It still has the same overwhelming enemies with shear force that we've come to expect from Nanoha herself, but because it's all point blank range, it makes her combat seem even faster. Tiana (I prefer the phonetic spelling over the engrish on the site), compliments Subaru with more technical abilities. She's the brains of the pair, thinking before she acts, unlike Subaru.

We still have the old cast to act as mentors, and they'll obviously get some action. The problem is most of them became so absurdly powerful, Nanoha and Hayate most of all, that seeing them have any trouble with enemies would be wrong. But having them simply waste any opponents would be boring.

The show still has a slow, introductory pace, but the same can be said for the first series until Fate showed up.

I agree that 19 year old Nanoha does look somewhat strange. At the end of A's, she looked fine when she was supposed to be 15. Fate and Hayate aged appropriately though.

Kraco
Sat, 04-21-2007, 05:09 AM
Edit: Episode 2 link:

Episode 2 - Yesy (http://bt.yesy-fansubs.net/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_02_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B54F1D5A6%5D.avi.torrent)

This is a normal quality episode. They seemed to drop releasing the LQs, which is a good decision.

Man, the AIs of Nanoha and Fate's staffs still remind me of C&C2's GDI and NOD AIs, every time. Since Fate was the bad guy in the beginning, it's appropriate her staff has the NOD voice, of course.

Well, anyway, the introductions still go on. Looks like there will be a good amount of new people to remember. And what's even worse for me is that I have blissfully forgotten already a good deal of the old cast, though I do recognize their faces when shown for the first time in this series, but that's about it. I can't connect names to faces, most of the time. In any case, I hope some dark, vicious enemy soon appears. After two episodes, this series desperately needs more focus. Right now it gives the feeling the people, especially the old cast, are just hanging around not too sure of what they should be doing.

Ryllharu
Sat, 04-21-2007, 09:05 AM
I was apparently wrong about Nanoha&DGz. Any claims they just copied Triad obviously can't be true, since they are the furthest ahead. Their subs are excellent, other than using some of the "official" names off the site. (The Nanoha Staff has horrible english and can't romanize names well). Their translations are better than yesy, and the video quality is good.

Episode 3 - Nanoha & DGz (http://damagedgoodz.net/torrents/mglns03-h264.torrent)

EDIT: This episode seems to be the final training episode before things get started. We get to see the various fighting styles of all four Forwards, and most of them are variations on the characters from A's. Subaru is like a point-blank Nanoha with a little bit of Signum, Tiana is a brainy, high level technique user, Kyaro (Carol) is like Shamal with a few more offensive abilities, and Erio is like Fate in Scythe/Sonic Form.

As a side note, Shamal in a labcoat looks exactly like Ritsuko from Evangelion.

Kraco
Mon, 04-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Yesy got their version out:

Episode 3 - Yesy (http://bt.yesy-fansubs.net/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_03_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5BA058800B%5D.avi.torrent)

Edit: Fixed the wrong number. Sorry folks. Thanks for pointing the error out, Ryllharu.

Yukimura
Mon, 04-23-2007, 10:02 PM
I just picked this up, it looks interesting, and I've been wanting something mahouish for a while. I haven't seen either of the previous series yet and I have a question...I get the impression that Nanoha and Fate make/made a habit of sleeping in the same very large bed together, am I supposed to be reading into this at all?

Also, Rollerblades = Win therefore Subaru = Win!

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-23-2007, 10:06 PM
The same bed situation just seems to satisfy any doujin artist or reader that everr touched Nanoha. In the past two series, they became close friends, but never that close. They've never shown any tendencies to sleep in the same bed ever before. Granted, they were much younger then, but still...

@Kraco, the text says Eps 4 but the link is to Eps 3.

Kraco
Tue, 04-24-2007, 04:26 AM
With the end scene of this episode, with how commonplace and everyday it looked, it surely looks to me there's something going on. I haven't got the kind of impression from other anime that adults would spend time in the same bed just because they are friends and colleagues.

Well, it's good this isn't a bulk mahou shoujo show.

TheBladeChild
Thu, 04-26-2007, 11:48 PM
I havent watched first two seasons but from what I hear the end scene of the the 3rd episode was not something to be expected. So im guessing StrikerS is significantly different from the previous two series?

Kraco
Fri, 04-27-2007, 02:25 AM
It's hard yet to say anything definitely, but of course the major difference is that the main characters of the first two series aren't kids anymore but adults. They do have, though, much younger subordinates. So far those old main characters have received plenty of screen time, but apparently they shouldn't anymore be the main characters of this third installation, so in that sense the difference necessarily wouldn't need to be so huge.

Well, time will tell. These three first eps have been mainly introduction of the new characters, so anything really relevant story wise is yet to be revealed. No enemies revealed yet, either. Nanoha series certainly had far more interesting enemies than most mahou shoujo shows, and I hope that's a continuing trend.

dark maginn
Fri, 04-27-2007, 09:34 PM
the main character or i guess made it seem gay cause of the roller blades in my opinion...

TheBladeChild
Sat, 04-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Im thinking about starting starting the first and second seasons, which should I dl the triad ver. or Dgz's dvd scans?

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Triad definitely. They are better.
I just watched ep 2 and 3. Acceptable eps. And I thought all new forwards were girls, but seems I was wrong. And Kyaro/Carol's introduction... err... LOL

Oh well... I'll delete this eps when Triad finally decides to release them. Guess I'll have to do the watch NanohaDGZ/Yesy and archive Triad.

EDIT:
Episode 4 - Yesy (http://bt.yesy-fansubs.net/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_04_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B0763FB7E%5D.avi.torrent)

Yukimura
Sun, 04-29-2007, 02:40 AM
Episode 04 - [Nanoha-DGz] (http://a.scarywater.net/nanoha/%5BNanoha-DGz%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_04_%5Bh264%5D%5B465EBDCF%5D.mkv.torrent)

Another whole episode of build up, the development was nice, but I really wanted to see the new devices in action before it was over.

This is my first series of this type and I'm noticing something that really stands out to me...I have detected almost no character conflict. I don't know if I'm just missing it or if it's not generally part of the genre or what but it feels like every single character gets along quite well with every other character and there are no shady opposing factions working from the inside against the main protagonists. The only strife I've detected thus far was from that short girl working with the big wolf creature and Signum (Vita?), when she was judged the new recruits as non-useful. Is this something standard in more 'girly' action shows or am I just grasping at straws?

Kraco
Sun, 04-29-2007, 04:59 AM
This is my first series of this type and I'm noticing something that really stands out to me...I have detected almost no character conflict. I don't know if I'm just missing it or if it's not generally part of the genre or what but it feels like every single character gets along quite well with every other character and there are no shady opposing factions working from the inside against the main protagonists.

Did you watch the first two seasons? Well, no matter, I'll just mention a couple of things: The core old cast in this is composed largely of former enemies. Nanoha and Fate were enemies in the original series, Signum and the rest were the enemies of the second series. So, the some sort of concept of the series is to get to know your enemy and find out why she's an enemy, and then, if possible, make her not your enemy. Keeping that in mind it's not surprising they get along so well. Though in the second series there was some villainous background play, so who knows...

Anyway, the one thing that captured my attention in this episode (aside from shower scenes) were the particularly artificial sounding personal power limiters. Limiting device power in training makes some sense so that the newbies wouldn't kill themselves or each other, but restricting the officers' power levels looks only like a way to make them practically usable in battles (so that they won't blow the enemy out of the sky in three seconds). After all, unless they get paid according to their power rank and the unit budget wouldn't allow it, it seems stupid to limit their powers. Not having overqualified people in due to some regulation sounds only like bad or envious management, if it's not a money issue.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-29-2007, 08:09 AM
Triad definitely. They are better.
I just watched ep 2 and 3. Acceptable eps. And I thought all new forwards were girls, but seems I was wrong. And Kyaro/Carol's introduction... err... LOL

Oh well... I'll delete this eps when Triad finally decides to release them. Guess I'll have to do the watch NanohaDGZ/Yesy and archive Triad.
Of the earlier seasons, DGz is technically better. They took Triad's translation and fixed any errors that Triad listed (but never released v2's for). I'd still recommend Triad for the earlier seasons.

As for StrikerS, DGz has their own translation team this time around, produce the best visual quality (even over Triad's eps 1), and their translations have slightly less mistakes than Triad's, and much fewer than yesy.

If you go to Triad's site, it's pretty clear that they really lost all interest in Nanoha. Many members of the staff hold the series openly in disdain. Before it was more of a joke, but now they seem to actually mean it. They put very little effort into episode 1. My Japanese isn't all that good, but even I was able to notice problems. There are a lot of translation mistakes, and the encoding and timing are sub-par for their typical work. I no longer believe they are just waiting for good raws. The video quality on the first season of Triad's releases was about equivalent to yesy's medium quality. There is no reason that they should not have found a better raw for episode 2 by now. The whole team is obviously much more interested in Bokurano.

As much as I hate to admit it, don't waste your time on Triad's StrikerS releases. Even for archiving. They really just don't seem to care anymore. Watch DGz instead.

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-29-2007, 06:06 PM
I didn't like DGZ's version.
Their files obviously depend on what you have installed, since when they try to show kanji I only see blocks.
Haven't seen Yesy's release.

Bokurano is also slow on Triad. While Nanoha is 3 eps behinda, Bokurano is 2.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-29-2007, 06:38 PM
DGz's version is softsubbed, which is why you have that issue. I've had it before myself. To fix the issue of only seeing blocks for the kana and kanji, you need to install the East Asian Language packs on XP or have them supported in OSX or whatever operating system you may use.

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Can't download them. Microsux validates legal copy of windows whenever I want to download. I have XP lite, which obviously isn't legal. I won't reinstall my legal copy of XP Home because it sux.

JaySee
Sun, 04-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Language packs are on the CD. No need to download. And there are ways to download w/o validation. There's nothing illegal about XPLite and no reason you should fail validation anyways. You're probably just running an illegal copy of XP or those wanna-be warez XP Lites.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Ryllharu: Any suggestions to download that? After looking for a month for the files (4 months ago) I gave up.
Or is Yesy's version good?

Triad dropped the series today btw. Ironically I already watched all the eps. Triad just lost my respect, but not because of dropping the series, but because of subbing something they don't like, bitching everyday about they don't like it, and then just insulting those that watch it. What was the point??

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-30-2007, 09:46 PM
The language packs really *are* on the XP cd. I remembered when I reinstalled XP a couple of weeks ago I didn't have to download them because I included them at the install.

Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages. Check the box that says "Install files for East Asian Languages"
-----------
As for Triad, it does pain me to say it, since I liked a lot of their work in the past, but good riddance. They could have simply said, "Within the group we've lost interest, so we're dropping Nanoha" or "We've lost interest and most of the raws are of such terrible quality, we decided to drop it and focus on ___". They've really changed from the group they used to be. I've noticed more mistakes in a lot of their work, or just very unpolished translations, which is odd for their typical quality. I appreciate what they've done in the past, but to get out of it this way...

Though, their description of the first 6 episodes is undoubtedly accurate. StrikerS has had a much slower pace than both previous seasons. However, StrikerS is also twice as long, so this slowdown should be expected. I really don't mind them training if it means more impressive displays later on.

In the first season, Nanoha had to get a crash course in Mahou Shoujo in order to defeat and befriend Fate. It helped that she was absurdly strong on a base level. The same thing goes for A's. The only power up Nanoha and Fate had was the addition of cartridges into their devices so they could release explosive bursts of power (which Nanoha did fine on her own anyway). Even Hayate, once she gained control over the Book, instantly had all the knowledge the book had ever absorbed.

In StrikerS, the girls (and boy) are all total novices. Subaru can barely use magic without the cartridges (which is why she uses Modern Belkan style, said in eps 4). Tiana is a genius at tactics, but is incredibly weak in terms of stamina. Caro doesn't have any offensive abilities since she's like Shamal, and Elio is very specialized in speed combat. Look at A's when the other Bureau mages show up. They are fairly weak. The past two seasons we've been spoiled by how advanced the girls all were. It's kind of nice to see how others have to be trained in order to achieve some competency. If we have to wait before Subaru can belt out a Point-Blank Starlight Breaker, I'm all for it.

(Note: To fully understand how overwhelming Nanoha really is, read the wiki article on what the Starlight Breaker actually does according to the dvd booklets. Offensive Abilities (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanoha_Takamachi#Offensive_Abilities) Yes, that means expended energy from everyone.)

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Done. Fortunately my XP home service pack 1 disc was still under the bed :P (where I left it over 5 years ago at least).
Thanks for the help Ryllharu.

I take it NanohaDGZ is the best version out of it and yesy's?

And yeah. The pace of this series is way different. And it is understandable. With past seasons in ep 4 it was almost half way the series. And personally I like how the pace in StrikerS is set.

EDIT:
Oh yeah... when I reboted it asked me to install PRORET.MSI... but it wasn't on the disc.... I hope it doesn't cause me future problems... I hope...

Kraco
Tue, 05-01-2007, 02:58 AM
I take it NanohaDGZ is the best version out of it and yesy's?

I have been downloading Yesy's MQ subs, and haven't noticed any problems whatsoever. Still, I mainly chose them because I liked their work on Utawarerumono, so it's not like I would have tried to judge which one is better.

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-01-2007, 05:53 AM
I obviously prefer DGz, since I found a couple of errors in one of yesy's releases. It was the uber low quality one, so it was probably a one time thing. I also like the softsubs that are defaulted off during the OP. It's rare to see a clean opening, it's what I liked about Shinsen's Black Lagoon releases.

RyougaZell
Tue, 05-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Well, after watching 3 out of 4 eps by DGZ, the only issues I have are Raising Heart and the kanji, the latter was already fixed though.

I watched Kashimashi or Ichigo 100% from Yesy... can't remember which one (or was it My wife is a schoolgirl?) and they are good, but I am lazy to download 4 eps again...

Hmm... now that I think about it...I think I am gonna fix those errors by extracting the sub files with the mkv tool fix I was recommended on the support thread....

Kraco
Fri, 05-04-2007, 04:07 AM
For some reason I can't explain I wait for Strikers releases as much as Claymore releases...

Episode 5 xvid - Yesy (http://bt.yesy-fansubs.net/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_05_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B2E63BB33%5D.avi.torrent)
Episode 5 h264 MQ - Yesy (http://bt.yesy-fansubs.net/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_05_%5Bx264_aac%5D%5B704x396%5D%5BMQ%5D%5BFDF31376 %5D.mkv.torrent)

Please notice the h264 version isn't HQ, either. It's just that, according to Yesy's web site, the episode contained so much action the xvid encoding had hard times keeping quality sufficient, and so they decided to release another MQ version in h264 to fix that issue. I'd personally go for h264, because no doubt the encoder knows what he's talking about.

RyougaZell
Fri, 05-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Ep5 out already by Yesy? Hopefully Nanoha-DGZ will release theirs later. Some weeks Yesy releases first, and others later.

Anyway... I visited Triad's website the other day and found out their news full of insults... LOL.

I mean... come on... they dropped it already... whats the need of insulting them that much? They won't pick it up again :P

Yukimura
Wed, 05-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Nanoha StrikerS - 05 - [Nanoha-DGz] (http://damagedgoodz.net/torrents/mglns05-h264.torrent)

Woot new the new gear is sweet, and that dragon is a lot more dragony then I'd thought. I was surprised they used almost 5 minutes just for transformations. I'm guessing that was special b/c it was the first time we'd seen them transform in a battle situation, but is it common in the genre for the whole transformation to get shown every time for everyone?

RyougaZell
Thu, 05-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Well... in the first season we saw Nanoha 'henshin' almost everytime. In second season it was the same for Fate and Nanoha, while Hayate's warriors didn't transform like that. I don't even know if they will get one now that they are 'good'.

Most likely it was because it was their first battle, since Nanoha and Fate had already 'henshin'-ed before, out of battle. We only had two characters that transformed before, so hopefully we will only see their full transformations once in a while (and not all of them together again)

Anyway... my comments on the episode.

While I still do not like the idea of this robots being the enemies... seeing the dude at the end makes me hope he sends more powerful machines, or gets a team of evil magicians to battle Subaru and Cia. I mean... the previous two seasons where always about direct battles between Nanoha and Fate / Nahoha/Fate and Vita/Signum.

The transformations sequences were 100% Nanoha... lol... showing... a lot... but I wonder... does Subaru wear anything under those shorts? LOL!! errr.... damn.

Friedrich (sp?) transformation was something I wasn't expecting, but it looked good. I guess Kyaro/Carol (whatever...) was suppressing its power since she was expelled from her village.

Oh yeah... they never did state in what planet this is taking place right? I wonder if we will get scenes at Earth in the future...

Kraco
Thu, 05-10-2007, 08:54 AM
What is important, considering the henshin, is that Erio's was incomplete. It's quite enough to see only one of his spears during battles. The other one is better reserved only for Carol's eyes...

JaySee
Thu, 05-10-2007, 12:10 PM
The transformations were interesting. Subaru just goes buck naked in one big boom. I'm guessing that's to show she's an aggressive tomboy? Also yeah, I was amused and greatful the boy doesn't show any skin. No one wants to see that.

Kraco
Sun, 05-13-2007, 05:19 AM
I can't say the previous preview would have promised anything extraordinary for this episode, but I'm very glad it's here, nonetheless.

Episode 6 xvid - Yesy (http://a.scarywater.net/yesy/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_06_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B0ADCEC9D%5D.avi.torrent)

Edit: Aye, it was mostly training, with something little happening in the background to prepare for the next episode/arc, which should be interesting. Not a bad episode, though.

One thing I was wondering about, though, is how these fellows are regularly cruising with space ships between solar systems yet seem to run their cars with internal combustion engines...

Kraco
Wed, 05-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Enemies of flesh and blood. And magic. Hopefully.

Episode 7 - Yesy (http://bt.yesy-fansubs.net/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_07_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B358BF0C3%5D.avi.torrent)

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-23-2007, 08:02 PM
I imagine Lutecia, the enemy summoner, will be the "let's make friends out of the enemy" this season. She's in the OP, and in the seasons of Nanoha, the idea has remained consistent so far.

Looks like this and the next episode will develop Tia some more, who has quickly developed quite the inferiority complex. I really wouldn't put Subaru above Tia in magical strength right now, since Subaru has no ranged attacks and is using brute force on most of her enemies. But if Tia says she has enormous potential (and since she's taken Nanoha's role as the primary character) I guess Subaru will be showing us some amazing things later on.

I'm guessing Tia will do something stupid next episode, in an effort to try an make up for nearly killing Subaru. Probably train by herself to exhaustion and jeopardize someone's safety.

Lastly, I've seen some spoilers about why, but Vita has had a considerable change in personality. She used to be very reckless and savage, but now she's very overprotective of her subordinates. That's why she flipped out on Tia so badly for being reckless. I hope they show what brought about Vita's change.

TheBladeChild
Wed, 05-23-2007, 10:06 PM
@Ryllharu
Subaru does have ranged attacks, watch episode 1. And ya Subaru really does use a obscene amount of brute force. No finess at all.

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-23-2007, 10:15 PM
A point blank Nanoha inspired Divine Buster is not a ranged attack. I did forget about the other ones I believe you are referring to. I suppose if you consider those, she has ranged attacks, but we've yet to see her use those again, and compared to the ranged attacks of the earlier seasons as well as Tiana's own, they aren't much for ranged attacks. She's just shoving the counter-rotating fist to move an air-burst in one scene. Mid-range maybe, since she's still using them within a room/hallway.

She still wasted a shell to even use them though.

I do want to see more point-blank busters soon.

Kraco
Thu, 05-24-2007, 03:34 AM
I wonder what the heck was the lone guard doing down at the storage room. It looks like no alarm was raised despite the busted truck and box. And the purpose of the whole Hayate operation was to secure the place and the wares - and the only person actually guarding the wares was the lone stupid mundane guard..? I expect Hayate to get some criticism in the next episode. Or at least she should get. Falling totally to the enemy diversion tactics and failing to protect the goods. You can't call that a success.

Yukimura
Fri, 05-25-2007, 11:22 PM
They mentioned that the stuff in the truck was most likely being smuggled and not part of the actual auction, so I suspect the only person who knew about the theft was the person who was planning to sell it off under the table, and maybe their buyer.

Kraco
Sat, 05-26-2007, 03:15 AM
Yeah. That was most likely the case. Heh. I had an overly lenghty conversation about that very issue at the Yesy forums, and I had to admit their only failure on the mission was secondary to the actual mission objectives; they only failed to reduce smuggling and hamper the operations of one of the criminal master minds.

From what I could see, I think Hayate was extra careful to see that the audience was absolutely safe, as well as her own team, and that restricted the options she could have had to respond totally appropriately to the enemy attack, especially seeing how the only attack she responded to was the diversion, and they knew the enemy was capable of teleportation.

Yukimura
Sun, 06-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Nanoha StrikerS - 08 - [yesy] (http://a.scarywater.net/yesy/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_08_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B38B83E1F%5D.avi.torrent)

Damn! Nanoha embarrassed the hell out of them something fierce. But why was she so pissed off? Was their tactic that dangerous? What does she expect them to do, do she's like AA ranked with her limiters on...

TheBladeChild
Sun, 06-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Lol Nanoha lays the smack down this time around XD

Ryllharu
Sun, 06-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Nanoha was pissed that Tia was using lethal force in a practice bout. There's no need to be so serious when you're trying to learn to improve. The two of them were putting everyone in danger with reckless tactics (when Subaru was repelled), and Tia's blade. So Nanoha showed them what to expect when they were that serious. I expect it has something to do with the preview for next week where Nanoha appears to be severely wounded.

Nanoha is a monster by the way. Raging Heart disengaged, limiters on, and she can still belt out two incapacitating bursts and bind Subaru with a thought and not even focusing on her.

As a completely unrelated note, the inconsistent art throughout this series yielded Subaru a more curvaceous body than usual. That, or she's catching up to her sister Ginga faster than we thought.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 06-04-2007, 12:09 AM
Now that I think about it Nanoha(Kira) > Teana(Ray) + Subaru(Shinn), except for the whole Teana and Shinn turning evil kind of thing.

Yukimura
Mon, 06-04-2007, 12:34 AM
Experiance tends to beat vigor, especially when magic is involved. Just watched it again...poor Teana..right in the face with no remorse at all.

Kraco
Mon, 06-04-2007, 04:02 AM
Yeah. I guess they misjudged Nanoha a bit, thinking she would be impressed by their improvised battle techniques. It was a kind of strange conclusion to draw in any case considering what kind of a person Nanoha is.

But a funny end to that mock battle in any case. At least it should have taught them how closely to stick to the training regimens in the future... And to wait until they are trainees no more before coming up with fancy tactics (or at least displaying them during training). Stuck-up supervisors are such innovation blockages.

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-04-2007, 06:09 AM
I think it's much more that Nanoha doesn't want to see anyone hurt during practice matches. Herself or her pupils. Judging from the preview, Nanoha had some serious trauma when she was still young. I think she would have been happy to see them come up with new tactics, just ones that didn't put everyone involved at such risk.

Though she's one to talk, she nuked Fate with a full on blast (and it wasn't a friendship beam) back when she was 10. Then again, it was an actual battle.

Kraco
Tue, 06-05-2007, 09:25 AM
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, Teana...

Episode 9 - Yesy (http://a.scarywater.net/yesy/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_09_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B3D4F175A%5D.avi.torrent)

Yukimura
Tue, 06-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Poor Tea's face though...she shouldn't have healed up so fast from that shiner. Anyway, Nanoha is boss as usual, her maternal style is so soothing and sweet and I can understand why Teana just flopped into her lap like a baby.

Ryllharu
Tue, 06-05-2007, 12:25 PM
More mental and physical abuse for Teana? I'm there.

One sob story (poor Nanoha though...) and another ticket for a huge guilt trip given by Nanoha in a one-on-one chat later, and the problem is solved. Since Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha has always been about making enemies friends, we really couldn't expect this kind of thing to last. A pity.

Where's the Subaru love though? We have Caro busting out her dragon, Tia showing off skills she was supposed to learn later, and Erio...being boosted by Caro. I need to see a point-blank Buster soon, but they give us a two part vacation episode.

Kraco
Tue, 06-05-2007, 12:27 PM
... I can understand why Teana just flopped into her lap like a baby.

When she did, I was hoping Erio or Subaru would have picked up some small pebble and thrown it at her, hitting her in the head to stop the crybaby action...

But seriously, the next episode is the first of a two episode vacation arc..? From what I can see, this whole series has so far been one big vacation with only a couple of minor skirmishes here and there. Just when are they going to get serious, if at all?

Ryllharu
Tue, 06-05-2007, 01:22 PM
I could see the second half of the vacation going sour, and the forwards on their own. The Doctor will want to test them soon as well.

I'm hoping all this training will be a warm up for the second half of the series, which with any luck could be non-stop action episodes. Perhaps it's a bit too much to hope for. We've been spoiled by Nanoha's own reckless development.

animus
Tue, 06-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Just finished watching episode 5, after they finish rescuing the train. Is it me or does Erio really suck? He's lacking quite a lot in uniquity as well. I mean, being the only male mage on the forward team, should allow him to be special or do something decent right? But, he's total fodder, and relies a lot on Kyaro's boosting spells as all his abilities seem to stem from there, like the Spear Snake or whatever. I haven't caught up yet, but does he stay so useless?

Yukimura
Tue, 06-05-2007, 11:20 PM
The pacing has been kind of slow so were not sure where anyone stands yet. Nanoha believes in each of them for specific reasons which you discover in ep 9.

Kraco
Wed, 06-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Neither Erio nor Caro get any screen time time after the train incident, so it's hard to say whether he really is that useless or not. But if you look at the shots where he is with the others, you see how small he and Caro are. Maybe they mentioned how old he and Caro are, maybe not, but he's gotta be really young to be so tiny. So, I guess it's reasonable he's not showing huge prowess in battle yet. Still, let's hope he will be in a real life or death situation sooner or later and will then show the girls who's the Man...

RyougaZell
Wed, 06-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Got tired of waiting for DGZ's releases so I downloaded 3 eps of Yesy...

I see different reactions to the eps here. And maybe its just me, or maybe it was because of seeing three eps together... but I liked them, a lot. Must have been because it could have been a 'full arc' or whatever.

I would love to see the battle where Nanoha got almost killed animated though.

Wonder if Nanoha StrikerS manga covers this... hmmm... should get scanlations... (supposedely the StrikerS manga ties A's to StrikerS)

Ryllharu
Thu, 06-07-2007, 04:31 AM
Actually, the A's to StrikersS manga ties A's to StrikerS. There is another series that is just StrikerS, but I don't know how it's different from the series. Scans don't seem to be widely available, so you'd be on your own.

I wonder how big the group they are fighting against is. I can't see them introducing a new set of villains partway through, so I imagine the next 15 episodes will show them how big this conspiracy may be. I just really want to see more mage vs. mage fights, the gadgets are a letdown so far, since they get destroyed very easily.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-07-2007, 05:54 AM
True, what made Nanoha so great was the mage vs. mage fights that werent limited to crappy chanting and pretty lights. The cool moves and exciting action made nanoha nanoha, and different from all the magical girl shows. I hope they dont forget this fact in StrikerS.

"Fighting" gadgets sounds wrong, its more like "destroying/eliminating" them. They dont really provide decent and interesting counterattacks afterall.

Kraco
Thu, 06-07-2007, 06:43 AM
Yeah. It's kind of sad the fateful (or is it nanohaful...) training fight might be the best fight in this series so far. At least Nanoha shooting Teana out of the sky had a much greater impact than any number of mindless bots getting destroyed.

Well, I don't actually have any great complaints so far, but I surely hope as well that serious fights against living opponents would soon begin. In the mean time they should give a bit more screentime to the opponents so that the fights would be more meaningful as the opponents wouldn't be faceless.

Kraco
Wed, 07-04-2007, 11:53 AM
And after a couple of months the cadre of mahou shoujo and one mahou shounen in the midst are back:

Episode 10 - Yesy (http://a.scarywater.net/yesy/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_10_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5BD7EB438F%5D.avi.torrent)

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-05-2007, 12:24 AM
Good episode. I seriously was expecting less since it was a 'vacation arc, part 1'. But the bit at the end seems to be the beginning of the good episodes.

Now... if they subbed this faster... both Yesy and Nanoha-DGZ suddenly dissaparead for a long time without warning... oh well.

oyabun
Fri, 07-06-2007, 06:05 AM
I just hope there are more mage battles!!

Kraco
Fri, 07-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Fate makes a surprisingly good mom... Considering how her own "mother" was back in the original series. Clearly she's not going to repeat the mistakes she had to suffer through. But still it looked really funny considering Erio, despite his age, is quite a kickass mage already and, again despite his age, is going through such a strict military training and doesn't seem to have any troubles with it. Truly two-sided indeed.

I can't help but wonder who really had more fun: Erio and Caro or the ones who wrote the detailed plan for their date...

Yukimura
Mon, 07-09-2007, 02:52 AM
StrikerS - 11 - [yesy] (http://bt.yesy-fansubs.net/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_11_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5BD5DE7B30%5D.avi.torrent)

Lots of excellent action in this one. Including an even better homage to Sentai then the first time they all activated their devices. Then there's the massive ownage handed down by Hayate (it's no wonder she has to have her power restricted, she'd probably be able to scorch the surface of a planet at full power). But the best by far was poor Caro taking that giant blast to the face, I don't know how she plans to walk away from that one with any dignity whatsoever.

RyougaZell
Tue, 07-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Grand episode indeed.
Lots of action and enemy mages finally introduced. This is what makes Nanoha good.

BTW... Nanoha and Nanoha A's are finally licensed. Who wants to buy the dvds? Im thinking of getting them myself.

Kraco
Tue, 07-10-2007, 03:01 AM
Such a pinch, but fortunately there's always the next episode!

Episode 12 - Yesy (http://a.scarywater.net/yesy/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_12_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B681C724D%5D.avi.torrent)

Yukimura
Tue, 07-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Nice ep, those numbers chicks are all pretty quirky, but they have neat powers and totally out class the Forwards, which of course means it'll be the kiddies will rise to the occasion and stomp them out by the end.

P.S. Ginga is hawt.

Kraco
Tue, 07-10-2007, 02:20 PM
The battle tactics in this episode were questionable at best, especially for the good guys. The villains fought a bit better. The deception was a nice detail, though.

Ryllharu
Tue, 07-10-2007, 02:38 PM
We know that the Forwards are in for a big jump in power though. Nanoha, Fate, and Vita cleared them to use their second modes. Teana's we've seen, the dagger, and Caro has hinted that she has a much stronger dragon in the wings, so the only two we don't really know are Subaru's and Erio's. I'm most interested in seeing Subaru's. Subaru was told she fights like Vita does, breaking through anything. I hope she develops up to a point where the only way to fight her is to run out of her range.

We've also got politics involved now. Approvals, review boards, committees, life was simpler when all they had to worry about was making new friends.

Yukimura
Fri, 07-13-2007, 11:27 PM
MSL Nanoha StrikerS - 13 - [yesy] (http://a.scarywater.net/yesy/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_13_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B01D9BBD2%5D.avi.torrent)

oyabun
Sat, 07-14-2007, 12:25 AM
Downloading! thanks!

animus
Fri, 07-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Episode 14 - yesy (http://bt.yesy-fansubs.net/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_14_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5BDDEAA900%5D.avi.torrent)

Yukimura
Mon, 07-23-2007, 11:34 PM
Okay, Nanoha and Fate are my favorite yuri couple ever. And Vivio even looks like she's a mix of the two of them. So precious.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-24-2007, 03:56 AM
Too bad they arent a real yuri couple, with Nanoha blushing the whole time she was with the ferret guy.

oyabun
Tue, 07-24-2007, 05:33 AM
Fate just need to take the initiative for them to become a yuri couple.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Haha, dont I wish. If they were going to be a yuri couple, it wouldve happened already, with them sleeping on the same bed practically every night.

Ryllharu
Tue, 07-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Maybe Nanoha was blushing in front of Yuno because they used to be closer, but now she's with Fate. At the end of A's it appeared Nanoha and Yuno were going out. It's clear they haven't seen each other in some time. Perhaps it's because she chose Fate?

Seriously though, as mentioned, they do sleep in the same bed and apparently have for some time. It's hard for me to believe they are not a yuri couple.

Yukimura
Tue, 07-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Upon review I think I'm going to downgrade Nanoha and Fate from favorite yuri couple to my favorite shoujo-ai couple. Still I think it's fairly suspicious to be sleeping in bed with your best friend as a norm when you're 20 years old. Add in the 'two mommy' speech given to Vivio and I don't think they're going to be separating anytime soon.

As to the blushing and such, it's not as if people in a relationship never feel anything for other people they care/cared about.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Its not just the blushing, she acted as if she was with a person she really liked in a romantic sense. Nanoha and Faith sharing the same bed is in fact weird, but seriously, I dont think they are a Yuri couple, at least as of now. Its much more of a sibling relationship than a romantic one.

animus
Tue, 07-24-2007, 08:00 PM
I thought it was that way too. But it just swung it towards Yuri when they were like, we're both gonna be your mothers! I'm pretty sure they meant it to be that way, no hidden meaning on one hand and totally implying it on the other.

Ryllharu
Tue, 07-24-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm pretty sure they meant it to be that way, no hidden meaning on one hand and totally implying it on the other.Couldn't agree more with this.

I think you have to be foolish to not see that's exactly how the creators want it. There's so many yuri doujins and fanfiction about the two out there, and it's even fairly evident in some parts of A's.

It's not the two mother thing that got me, it's how completely casually they undressed way back in this season. It looked exactly like a very intimate couple changing off their clothes before going to sleep. It was clearly a very normal and routine thing for them. Fine for kids sleeping over at each other's houses, but in their 20s?

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-24-2007, 11:16 PM
I of course agree with what has been stated. The creators obviously made such scenes in order to give the feeling and image of a yuri relationship between the two. BUT, what I was referring to was the facts in their reality, meaning that if the two were interrogated in StrikerS, they would deny such an claim, and even say that it couldnt happen.

Kraco
Thu, 07-26-2007, 02:18 AM
I doubt we will see such a denial. Like Ryllharu said, the creators are aware of how a multitude of fans think and feel, and they are gleefully playing with that idea, but I'd personally be surprised if we ever saw anything that goes beyond what we have already seen. Still, we have that blushing thing going on between Teana and Subaru as well (among other things). It would be somewhat hasty to claim they are another yuri couple, but the author clearly has placed there some of the same vibes purposefully.

Well, among all the shoujo-ai I'm quite happy we have Erio and Caro there...

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-26-2007, 11:47 PM
What I meant was IF they were ever asked, directly and clearly, if they were sleeping together or going out, they would deny it.

But of course, this question will never be raised for the reasons you have stated.

Kraco
Sun, 07-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Sleeping over at each other's:

Episode 15 - Yesy (http://bt.yesy-fansubs.net/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_15_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5BEE698F32%5D.avi.torrent)

Yukimura
Sun, 07-29-2007, 07:11 PM
I haven't seen the first two series,but I would have thought from what's been shown in this one that Fate would be the one to be the 'Dad'. But I guess the experience with Erio and Caro's date did reveal a more maternal streak.

PS> Vivio is still Hyper-Kawaii, especially when walking.

animus
Sun, 07-29-2007, 07:44 PM
If this episode wasn't painfully obvious that the creator's were doing this on purpose, I don't know what's the truth anymore.

Kraco
Mon, 07-30-2007, 01:39 PM
I haven't seen the first two series,but I would have thought from what's been shown in this one that Fate would be the one to be the 'Dad'. But I guess the experience with Erio and Caro's date did reveal a more maternal streak.

Yeah. However, it's good to keep in mind as well, when considering the differences between Nanoha and Fate, that Fate had such a horrible mother that she might purposefully as well as unconsciously try to be the opposite. Kind of try to provide the little ones something she never had. But of course it must also be her true nature and her maternal streak like you said.

Kraco
Tue, 08-14-2007, 02:50 AM
The time of practice and the time of implementation:

Episode 16 - Yesy (http://bt.yesy-fansubs.net/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_16_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5BFCCFB6ED%5D.avi.torrent)
Episode 17 - Yesy (http://bt.yesy-fansubs.net/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_17_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B557B25E4%5D.avi.torrent)

Ryllharu
Tue, 08-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Eps 16 was a fairly boring set up episode. Some nice scenes of Subaru pounding Nove under the protection of Teana's phantoms.

Eps 17 however, did not disappoint. All the Numbers know quite well who the Combat Cyborgs in Section 6 are, who's existence the audience wasn't even aware of until now. I suspected there was something with Subaru, since Scaglietti focused on her, Fate, and Erio some time ago, but I didn't know it was this.

Subaru's IS is clearly absurdly strong. She one-shotted Nove (IX), and then did the same to Cinque (V). However, Cinque had a strong barrier up, the kind Nanoha and Fate used back in A's to protect their friends from the berserk Book of Darkness' Starlight Breaker. Subaru blasted through it like it was nothing. I was hoping she would uppercut Sei into the ceiling, only to have the two of them escape later.

Sadly, it seems pretty clear that we'll see a Subaru vs. Ginga fight soon. The Doctor will probably brainwash her.

New OP for episode 18 by the way.

Kraco
Tue, 08-14-2007, 10:27 AM
There were some good individual fights but the story carried this in a strange way in my opinion: Section Six (not to mention the ground forces who did absolutely nothing) didn't win a single fight nor managed to protect anything. Considering we had there players like Nanoha and Fate, you would think something had happened. But they seemingly didn't make a dent in the skins of the cyborgs. The Vita-Rein vs gruffy old man-pixie (whatever were their names) was probably one of the best fights in these episodes. It was balanced and the story didn't favor either one in a clear way.

And I hope the helicopter pilot died. Bloody loser shouldn't have even touched a gun if he wasn't ready to shoot. If he didn't die I hope he'll become a drunkard blaming himself for what happened for the rest of his life... Grrr...

Yukimura
Tue, 08-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Wow those eps gave us pretty much everything one could ask for except victory for the good guys. I haven't seen a rape party that bad in ages. And how many bombshell revelations about the charachters can you cram in one episode....apparently quite a few. I thought the pilot's past was pretty good, Erio's past came totaly out of left field though, and it's too bad his didn't come with awesome ass kicking like Subaru's.

And then there was Subaru...just amazing. That crazy punch she gave in 16 was fantastic, surpassed only by the barrier breaching energy shot to the face she gave poor 5 in 17. But it seems like she ruined Mach Caliber in the process of flipping out, I hope they can bring him back from that, he was funny. Though if they just give her a better replacement that would be okay too.

RyougaZell
Sun, 08-19-2007, 08:26 PM
This two episodes portray why I love the Nanoha series...
Full of action and several twists.
Subaru is awesome... but... is she a clone like Erio was revealed to be? The real Subaru died?
It was somewhat predictable that Caro would summon her great dragon, but heck... woah... I was waiting for it... too bad all the 'numbers' had left already.
Bloody Gin... haven't seen blood on this StrikerS up to now (not counting Nanoha's flashback when she went paralitic)

Can't wait for more eps...

Yukimura
Sun, 08-19-2007, 09:12 PM
I think Subaru and Ginga are 'Type-0' prototypes of the magical cyborgs. If you look in 17 as Nanoha is going berserk she gits hit by shrapnel or something and her left arm is revealed to have mechanical parts in it, also after her Power Up her eyes turned Yellow like the cyborgs'

animus
Wed, 09-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Episode 18 - yesy (http://a.scarywater.net/yesy/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_18_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B630B68CD%5D.avi.torrent)

Ryllharu
Thu, 09-06-2007, 06:20 AM
Lots of interesting things revealed in this episode.

Pretty much everyone but Erio and Caro within Section 6 knew Ginga and Subaru were cyborgs. Regius was funding Scaglietti in order to gain the fruits of his research by either arresting him, or getting the results directly. It's also implied by Hayate that he may have at least led to the death of Ginga and Subaru's mother, who was investigating combat cyborg cases (like the one Regius has been funding).

Quattro tells us that Subaru's IS, Vibration Shatter, is obscenely powerful, specialized to kill other combat cyborgs. Even defending against it does little to prevent severe damage. Given that she is a cyborg, and her IS is especially configured to destroy other cyborgs, I think it's fairly certain that Subaru is well trained in Panzer Kunst. Vibration Shatter is the exact description of what Hertza Haeon (a signature Alita attack) does.

Sadly, they'll probably reprogram (if thats how they work) Ginga. We'll probably see a one on one faceoff.

Lutecia has announced that she doesn't have a "heart." Hmm, sounds like some other characters we know in the past. That asshole Scaglietti probably already has the 11th core. Someone will have to zap her with a friendship beam like they always do.

On a side note, Lutecia appears to be a direct descendant of Rider from Fate/Stay Night. Same hair style, predilection towards goth-loli fashion, she even has a forehead tattoo.
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3410/zlulumotherlr8bw0.th.png (http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zlulumotherlr8bw0.png)

Kraco
Thu, 09-06-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm happy Regius is finally starting to feel a rope around his neck. The scumbag was ruling his own little empire far too long yet far too incompetently. Still, it's kind of strange how the Section Six seems to be so relaxed now. Considering Ginga and Vivio are in enemy hands, they should be in frenzy to organize themselves for a counterstrike. Instead they are loitering here and there, cataloguing damages, eating snacks, discussing legal matters... It's just too strange.

I wonder what kind of a monster Vivio will turn out to be with the artifact inside her...

Kraco
Thu, 09-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Answers are oft closer than you expected:

Episode 19 - Yesy (http://a.scarywater.net/yesy/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_19_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B2DA39BF4%5D.avi.torrent)

animus
Thu, 09-06-2007, 01:43 PM
yesy loves releasing in spurts I see.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 09-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Wah, I hope the the subs catch up to the raws. Im dying to discuss some Nanoha, but forum rules prevent me from doing so.

Ryllharu
Thu, 09-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Numbers Ginga is much sexier than regular Ginga. Skintight clothing will do that.

Yes, they're way behind the raws, and there's a decent amount of talking in upcoming episodes since they don't have to go right into the fighting because the season is twice as long. Mostly stuff I can't figure out on my own.

Forums can help, but as I learned in this episode, they barely know more Japanese than I do. They got the relationship between Subaru and Ginga and their mother all messed up. They said outright the three aren't blood related, where the subs just stated she took them in because they looked like her.

Kraco
Fri, 09-07-2007, 02:11 AM
where the subs just stated she took them in because they looked like her.

Umm... I think that was just a plus on the side. They took them in because they couldn't have their own children the natural way, and those cyborg kids were suddenly made available (according to Yesy subs, and aren't they the only ones available?).

Kraco
Fri, 09-07-2007, 10:57 AM
It's safe to say yesy loves releasing in spurts:

Episode 20 - Yesy (http://a.scarywater.net/yesy/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_20_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B685B4F57%5D.avi.torrent)

Ryllharu
Fri, 09-07-2007, 03:22 PM
I have zero sympathy for groups who think they can "control from the shadows" in anime (and everywhere else), so I'm glad Due killed them. Good riddance. She's apparently been around for a long time as well, grabbing the sample they needed to make Vivio.

It also seems that some of the Numbers aren't entirely sure on how the Doctor is going about his business, like Wendi, or they just don't even understand, like Sein. Quattro of course is probably worse than even Scaglietti is.

I was kind of hoping they have renamed Ginga based off her new number, but they just call her Number Thirteen. Lame.

So, Lutecia and Zest are both "revivied?" Interesting. Lulu is probably a clone of her mother.

Kraco
Fri, 09-07-2007, 03:51 PM
The council of three at least made a very accurate prediction: That they won't last long anymore. And it certainly was their due time to go, seeing how they had left themselves so defenceless. Besides, like you said, no society needs three brains in jars to control anything.

Otherwise this was a pretty useless episode. Nothing happened expect history lessons and that brain removal. But the next ones should be interesting.

Kraco
Sat, 09-08-2007, 04:20 AM
This is madness! The next ep is here already:

Episode 21 - Yesy (http://a.scarywater.net/yesy/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_21_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B127D203A%5D.avi.torrent)

Ryllharu
Sat, 09-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Things are looking pretty bad for Section 6. Teana injured and completely cut off, Subaru refusing to use her instant kill of an IS (for good reason), Vita..., Fate separated from the capable Nun of Destruction, well, Erio and Caro are pretty well off for now. Signum suffers the worst fate of all, plagued by a horrible unison color scheme.

Not too much in this episode, more of a set up episode to get everyone in place for their own climatic battles. I did like the Panzer Dragoon style fighting Caro was doing.

The cyborgs also see Teana as the largest threat, they're going after her with overwhelming force.

RyougaZell
Sat, 09-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Skipped last post because it talks about the episode 21 Im currently downloading...
Nice eps... and I expect Nanoha kicking ass with full limiter release...

On a side note... Yesy's irc chan says ep 22 is to be released soon...

Kraco
Sat, 09-08-2007, 09:53 AM
This episode already had nice fighting and promises of even better in the future, but it bothers me how the terrorists are against a whole world there yet they seem to have more manpower and more machinery. Why was the whole interdimensional fleet in some totally remote place with nothing anywhere near the capital? Why is there no regular army in the city to fight the drones? Why does the air forces not have any fighters, just a bunch of mediocre mages? That's such a strange unbalance it bothers me.

Well, naturally I won't let it bother me so much that I couldn't enjoy the main event: the fights left and right.

RyougaZell
Sat, 09-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't mind if Shamal, Signum or Zafila died... but I really don't want Vita dieing :P
Wow... she's pissed... and a pissed of Vita is trouble... ask Nanoha (A's).

At this rate ep22 may be released later today (taking into account the yesy chan title)... how many raws are there?

Ryllharu
Sat, 09-08-2007, 10:57 AM
If you remember the past seasons of Nanoha, any time the TSAB sent 'regular' forces out, they were pathetically weak. We're used to the strength of Fate, Hayate's knights, and particularly Nanoha. From Fate and Vita's past dialogue this season, she's become so powerful on a single beam scale (Hayate being massive scale) that Nanoha hurts herself badly when she enters her typical Blaster Mode she's had since season 1. They have always been exceptions to the rule. Chrono was supposedly a genius withing the TSAB, and Nanoha completely outclassed him by the end of season 1.

The Strikers are clearly becoming the same way. Teana lacks the total output of Subaru and the Knights, but her specialized shots hit very hard for their size. Subaru not only has an instant kill, she tears off barriers and outputs huge bursts of energy close range. Erio...is fast, but he's catching up to Signum's fighting prowess and style. Caro has been able to annihilate a large area for a long time, only now finally being able to control it.

The regular mages of the TSAB are more like Vice and Chrono. We've been spoiled since season 1.

EDIT:
@RyougaZell:

Episode 24 should be airing tomorrow.

Kraco
Sat, 09-08-2007, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't mind as such if Vita died, but I certainly wouldn't want her to be killed by some stupid robot... Dying while fighting against one of the combat cyborgs or artificial mages, that's ok, but some factory made robot from automated production lines... That would be too sad.

And Ryllharu, no matter how lousy the regular troops would be, surely they could take out some of the enemy bots. They would probably be no match for the cyborgs and such, but at least our heroes wouldn't need to pay attention to any robots.

Ryllharu
Sat, 09-08-2007, 11:25 AM
One of the characters, I think Teana, said that most the regular troops have no experience fighting anything that has to do with anti-magic fields, and the few that do have very little. Since Section 6 has been dealing with that since their creation, they are taking some of the harder tasks.

Every Gadget can produce an AMF, so the regular troops probably don't even know how to pierce the field in order to destroy the bot.

But I agree, Hayate should not have to deal with all the fodder own her own. The mages around her are just going *pew* *pew* without hitting much of anything.

Kraco
Sat, 09-08-2007, 01:30 PM
The cyborgs used some big ass gun when they tried to take the helicopter out of the sky many episodes ago. Surely if terrorists can manufacture a gun like that, the goverment of that world would be able to produce even better ones. Just deal a thousand of such guns to troops and you would have a helluva lot of firepower to take down gadgets!

animus
Sat, 09-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Only 23 out, which was released the 3rd of September.

Yukimura
Sat, 09-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Gotta chain watch s1 and s2 so I can get an idea of what's going on. But from just what I've seen in StrikerS I think it's safe to assume the TSAB's standard training procedures are basically for mage vs mundane situations. None of the regular people seem to have a clue what to do when they're facing off against another magic user.

In other news, Fate's giant sword is pimptastic, Vita has a hole where her heart should be, Erio and Caro seem to be doing great, and Teana seems completely screwed. Teana is the most confusing, she has to win because that's how these things work, but I don't see how she can do anything against those three all alone, she just doesn't hit hard enough.

EDIT: StrikerS - 22 - [yesy] (http://a.scarywater.net/yesy/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_22_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B82D7CCC5%5D.avi.torrent)

The pacing seems to be grinding down so that this battle will last the rest of the series.

Kraco
Sun, 09-09-2007, 04:43 AM
Goddam the author has read too carefully all the 14 editions of the Underdog Textbook...

I have never before seen a battle where the other side so vastly underestimates the other. It's like the Section Six people haven't yet realised this isn't one of their training sessions. Hmm... In fact their fight better even during their practice sessions, so I don't know what's going on... But I hope some of them die. It would be satisfying after all this inferior fighting spirit.

Ryllharu
Sun, 09-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Though we don't know how extensive Subaru and Ginga's cyborg parts really are, I'm willing to bet Ginga's arm wasn't like that before. The Doctor is one sick asshole.

Though I think Quattro takes the cake. She's worse than he is. The Doctor wants to obsessively create no matter the cost, but Quattro is a true sadist. She doesn't even care for her sisters like all the others do for each other (except maybe Due, who we know nothing about).

Kraco
Thu, 09-13-2007, 06:34 AM
Shattered frontlines with no coalescence:

Episode 23 - Yesy (http://a.scarywater.net/yesy/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_23_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B89F0752F%5D.avi.torrent)

oyabun
Thu, 09-13-2007, 07:48 AM
OMG TEA ROCKS! Not only did she last long enough for the barrier to break but she also owned those 3 cyborgs.. and they were strong too..:D A lot of things will be revealed in the next episode. Pretty interesting.. And Vivo growing up and gaining some bumps all the way...nice! I wonder what will happen next..

Ryllharu
Thu, 09-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Teana's fight was great because it wasn't very impressive from a typically Nanoha climax fight. What made it great is that she thought about what she would do. She noticed the three attack in the same way often, and took complete advantage of them. Her peashooter isn't flashy, but her bullets pack a wallop. Nanoha trained her to make penetrating bullets after all.

A perfect contrast to Subaru's fight. Use twice as many cartridges, and break out a Subaru Divine Buster that more resembles Starlight Breaker (The little tracer beam first, then the full blast). It seems to me like Ginga didn't have an IS. My guess is she was the original prototype, Subaru was the improvement. Looks like they are also clones of their late mother. Hmm...who else was in Zest's squad photo? Quint (Ginga and Subaru's mother) and Lutecia's mother.

Vivio should be too hard for Nanoha to make friends with again. Her adult hairstyle is Nanoha's, and her barrier jacket resembles Nanoha's as well. (With a bit of Ginga/Subaru thrown in, strangely enough). She still knows who her real Mama is, at least deep down.

Kraco
Thu, 09-13-2007, 10:06 AM
A great episode at last. Nice fights without too much hesitation for a change (once Subaru actually decided to fight). Teana was a fine surprise, although seeing how she had been labeled the brains of the team earlier, it's not surprising her fight involved such precise tactics. Still, I would have liked to see her actually shoot at the end, not only give a police line...

How the Vivio-Nanoha fight started sucked long and slimy noodles, though. I mean, I'm not a child psychology expert, but if somebody tortures you and laughs next to you all the time while you are suffering, just how likely are you then to believe that person instead of your beloved surrogate mother? Some serious Stockholm syndrome there...

Ryllharu
Thu, 09-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Well, it should be clear by now that Quattro is a huge bitch. At times she seems worse than the Doctor because she's more sadistic by far. She denounces her sisters (Wendi, Deici, Sein and especially Cinque, who everyone else seems to love), loves to torture Vivio, and lacks the respect for Lutecia and Fate that the others seem to have.

Her IS is illusion based, so she could be messing with Vivio's perception in a similar way to how she's controlling Lulu.

animus
Thu, 09-13-2007, 12:54 PM
I agree with Kraco. Also, despite all that all powerful relic talk she exits loli-mode and has an older mentality, mature body, deeper voice and grows armor? I mean, magic can do nice stuff but uh... I really hate it when they do this kind of stuff in anime.

Ryllharu
Thu, 09-13-2007, 01:27 PM
They did it to Hayate in season 2. It's a mahou shoujo staple since Sailor Moon. You see enough of it, you get used to it.

I don't understand why she grew claws though.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 09-13-2007, 08:11 PM
The transformation is not a big deal, since the premise of this show IS magic, it is still within the flow of the story.

I think the reason why Vivio simply cannot believe Nanoha is because of a spell or hypnotism of sorts. It is really easy to use strong feelings if you simply redirect and manipulate them instead of suppressing them, which was done in this case.

Yukimura
Thu, 09-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Um...is Ginga going to make it...she looked like she got pretty WTF PWND!?! by that blast. How many cartridges was it?

As to Vivio, I didn't see the growth spurt coming (haven't watched the earlier seasons so maybe that would have given a hint), but I am also a bit confused as to whether she just doesn't remember Nanoha anymore or if she's actually remembered the mother of whoever donated the genetic material she was made from. Also how the hell does/will Vivio know how to use magic? I have seen the first few eps of the first Nanoha and she didn't seem to instinctively know everything there was to know about it right off the bat...but no matter, I predict they'll be about to fire love beams at each other but Nanoha will feel bad and let her self get shot in the face, causing Vivio to realize what's up and freak out, but I don't thinkg it'll happen till ep 25.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 09-14-2007, 12:23 AM
I hope that Nanoha pawns Vivio. I never liked her and her extreme proximity to Fate and Nanoha, especially in bed.

Kraco
Fri, 09-14-2007, 01:44 AM
Oh no! It will be too sad if a little girl gets pawned really bad. She still is a little girl even if she is inside that body.

What I don't understand is why Nanoha didn't wreck the room. Obviously it had some role in connecting Vivio to the ship. Nanoha could shoot Quattro's illusion right next to Vivio so in practice she should be able to lay waste to the whole place except for Vivio herself who has the ancient ultimate defense heritage. If Vivio lost her connection to the ship, she might be easier to return to her original state.

oyabun
Fri, 09-14-2007, 03:47 AM
Maybe she's too concern about Vivio and wasn't paying attention to the area.

Ryllharu
Fri, 09-14-2007, 04:33 AM
Um...is Ginga going to make it...she looked like she got pretty WTF PWND!?! by that blast. How many cartridges was it?
Subaru used twice as many cartridges on Ginga as she used in the first episode to annihilate the drone and the whole floor of a building. Four instead of two. We've only seen one person use four at once before, Nanoha in A's shooting the Book of Darkness with an Excellion mode super-attack.

Kraco
Fri, 09-14-2007, 05:17 AM
Let's hope Ginga will get a nice funeral at the end of the series. She could be buried next to her mother.

It would be kind of funny though if noone else killed their enemies, but Subaru killed her own sister! So, maybe she will live. She's a cyborg, after all, so she might be more resistant to major system malfunctions than a regular human.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 09-14-2007, 06:10 AM
I think thats pretty much a sure bet.

Kraco
Tue, 09-25-2007, 01:25 AM
Hard fights, harder victories, hardest magic:

Episode 24 - Yesy (http://a.scarywater.net/yesy/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_24_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B3F826BDE%5D.avi.torrent)

Ryllharu
Tue, 09-25-2007, 06:20 AM
Well the Caro-Erio-Voltaire vs Lutecia-Garyuu-giant monster was a very underwhelming fight. The two monsters fighting was also probably one of the worst animation sequences of the series, it looks like they were drawn by middle schoolers.

Fate's Sonic form was nice though, I was missing her old costume since she replaced it with the uniform at the beginning of the series.

Score one for the nun too.

The Doctor is really, really creepy. He impregnates all of his cyborgs with a memory clone? WTF. At least we can be assured that either he never had time to impregnate Ginga, or on the off chance that Otto really is a boy, that Subaru irradiated the hell out of Ginga and whatever may or may not have been inside her.

This image probably sums up how creepy the Doctor and the more zealous of his cyborgs are:
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9757/zcrreprt6.th.jpg (http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zcrreprt6.jpg)
Quattro always gave me the chills. At least her hair looks better.

Yukimura
Tue, 09-25-2007, 08:03 AM
Quattro is proof of the age old cliché that all woman can increase their power by removing glasses and letting their hair flow freely. But I thought she was cute even with the hair and glasses, but she is ridiculously creepy and I really hope no children watch this show b/c she'll probably haunt their dreams.

While it was fun to watch a lot of the Combat Cyborgs went down fairly easily. Zest demolished #2 almost instantly, 9 took a total of 2 hits to the head, 1 got trapped with no fight at all. The only one who really had to take a big hit to go down was Ginga, and I guess #5 as well.

Also, Fate's Sonic Mode...very nice!

Kraco
Tue, 09-25-2007, 09:11 AM
So, Scaglietti's ultimate purpose for building the cyborgs was to have his very own obedient harem of pretty girls to carry his offspring (or clones in this twisted case of his)... I think I like the man a lot more suddenly!

Erio and Caro's fight was too funny: So much talk and so little fighting. In fact it would be more prudent to just call it a negotiation than a fight. An aggressive negotiation if I was exceptionally merciful. And it's not like that was the only fight with so much talk. I think they should have arranged more diplomacy and speechcraft lessons for the Section Six crew instead of all those fighting practices. Who knows, with that they might have solved this whole crisis without a single shot.

Well, Fate fortunately looked cool in the new outfit and saved much of the episode, at least.

Ryllharu
Tue, 09-25-2007, 09:20 AM
They mention somewhere that Uno has zero combat capability. She's the coordinator of the other cyborgs, and acts as the Doctor's secretary.

As for some of the others going down too easily, Teana and Vice's Devices pack a lot of energy into a small shot, and are designed to penetrate. Storm Raider is a sniper rifle after all, and Teana's been taught from almost the beginning to wrap her shots into a penetrating shell. As for Zest, he's supposed to be this incredibly awesome knight, and though he got taken out in the past by just Cinque, she did lose her eye from it, and Due is more of a stealth assassin anyway.

I almost feel bad for Regius in the end. He was only doing what he felt was right to protect everyone. He was manipulated by those asshole floating brains and considering how much more evil they are shown in this episode, betraying their own soldiers and not telling Regius he was funding experimentation on his own friend, Due should be pardoned for her service.

Kraco
Sun, 10-07-2007, 12:41 AM
They strike when you least expect it; Strikers:

Episode 25 - Yesy (http://a.scarywater.net/yesy/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_25_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5BA135DAD3%5D.avi.torrent)

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-07-2007, 07:25 AM
Kraco, you should have said, "Nanoha shows us exactly why her name is still in the title."

Just...wow.

Kraco
Sun, 10-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Finally the good old Starlight Breaker. And of course used against a friend at point-blank. She wouldn't otherwise be the White Devil Nanoha, would she? "This may hurt a little"... Right.

Too bad Erio got no chance to do anything in the whole battle. That's the thing that bothers me most. While girls are the main fare in Nanoha world, I still give it a lot of extra points for having male mages as well. But goddam it's of no use if those males don't do anything. Well, at least Zest kicked ass till the end - and chose a good way to pass.

Yukimura
Sun, 10-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Zest went out like a true Player, especially considering he really had no reason to go out like that other than to give himself a really cool death scene. I don't think he had any more beef with Signum or anyone else at that point.

And Nanoha....God Damn. A 5 cartridge rape party on #4 (Who should have been disintegrated you would think) and then she whips out that craziness on Vivio. That was the most brutal looking piece of magical pwnage I've ever seen. I get the impression that Nanoha she can't actually go use her maximum strength unless she likes her intended target.

And what happened to Vita? Is she dead? You wouldn't think Hayate would just leave her there in the ruined engine room.

RyougaZell
Mon, 10-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Wow... simply wow... Nanoha totally owned Quattro (Cuatro). Loved seeing her so shocked she couldn't move.

Then Nanoha uses even more power on Vivio? Lol...

While the quality of this series doesn't compare to the original series and A's... its good seeing Nanoha still owning.

Kraco
Tue, 10-30-2007, 02:31 AM
Nanoha shows us exactly why her name is still in the title (and Fate shows us something else):

Episode 26 Final - Yesy (http://a.scarywater.net/yesy/%5Byesy%5D_Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_StrikerS_-_26_%5Bxvid_mp3%5D%5B013DE64A%5D.avi.torrent)

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-31-2007, 01:07 AM
Well... a normal ending for a normal series. StrikerS was never at the quality of the first two series, but I guess it was a good series overall. I like several of the new characters like Subaru, Agito and some of the non-crazy Combat Cyborgs. Although the series lacked a bit of character development with so many characters thrown into the ring. If they ever make a 4th season it should be 13 eps and have the quality of the original and A's.

3 questions...
Why does Arf look like a little kid?
Did Zafira lose his 'human' form?
What happened with all the 'pregnant' Combat Cyborgs?

TheBladeChild
Wed, 10-31-2007, 01:18 AM
To your first question, Arf is in that form to minimize the amount of magic she takes from Fate, being her Familiar.

Kraco
Wed, 10-31-2007, 02:00 AM
I didn't particularly dislike this season. In fact I didn't mind the main characters were a bit older (except for Erio and Caro, but they were just too cute a couple from the moment they met, anyway). It's always more convincing when grown-ups are obliterating enemies, rather than kids. Surely it was slower than the old series but that was to be expected, and in retrospect I don't anymore feel it was too slow.

One thing that bothered me from the beginning till the end was the fact most of the fights (other than practices) were against bots. I guess that was inevitable seeing how enemies are actually rarely killed in Nanoha, but still I wish they had used the combat cyborgs more right from the beginning. There's just no thrill in a fight with a bulky low tech robot.

Yukimura
Wed, 10-31-2007, 09:40 AM
A nice, happy ending, though it wasn't quite as satisfying as I thought it would be. I'm surprised Tea and Subaru broke up, but I guess they did have career paths planed out so it was inevitable. The Nanoha & Fate: My Two Mommies story had a good resolution and so did Erio and Caro (crazy kids and their environment saving). The whole Signum and Agito thing seemed unnecessary, but the flaming Ivyblade was almost worth it.

But one thing that this show left me with was a feeling of what I can only describe as wastefulness. It just seems like there could have been more of something to it, maybe it's just that there were too many directions they went at once and so none of them got as much focus as they could have. But all in all it was a fun series with plenty of good times and friendship beams.

Kraco
Wed, 10-31-2007, 10:16 AM
...so did Erio and Caro (crazy kids and their environment saving).

I can't see Erio being so interested in such things, though hanging around Caro's dragon might have changed him. Caro, however, being a summoner and everything, could be a tree hugger, though. So, my guess is Erio just decided to keep following Caro, waiting for her boobs to grow (he was interested in them right from the beginning, after all). There exist less worthy causes, for sure.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 03-21-2013, 01:20 PM
In case anybody was relying on the subscription to this thread for an update, Nanoha The MOVIE 2nd A's is released, and the movie posts have now been moved to their own thread.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/22455-Magical-Girl-Lyrical-Nanoha-The-MOVIE-series?p=527251#post527251