PDA

View Full Version : Heroic Age

Munsu
Tue, 03-27-2007, 12:50 AM
Here are two previews I uploaded to sendspace:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2viabj
http://www.sendspace.com/file/adtx92

Series is from the same character designer and animator from Fafner and Gundam SEED.

Answering the call of the “Gold Race”, all the sentient races launch into space. The human race is the last to launch, and are thus known as the “Iron Race”.

Much time has passed since then, and humanity is threatened with extinction at the hands of the more dominant “Silver Race”.

In order to save her people, Queen Deianeira sets out on a journey to a galaxy far away, following the prophecies of the Gold Race handed down by the royal family. Then, she meets a boy named Eiji. Their encounter will change the fate of the universe...

http://www.xebec-inc.co.jp/anime/heroicage/
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5025

Munsu
Wed, 04-04-2007, 04:11 AM
Heroic Age first episode by Bruised-Ichigo:
http://soulfang.net/ha01.torrent

I'm not watching this release, since I noticed that it was translated by SoulFang, and I don't trust him... Check it out if you want, it should be a nice series to watch, but I will wait for someone better to do it.

Julianlivre
Wed, 04-04-2007, 11:35 AM
I watched episode 01, it was very good acutally so I recomend ya'll to watch it ;) if ur interested in this show!!!

Chaos
Sun, 04-08-2007, 02:34 PM
I liked the first episode too...the mecha's and animation are both pretty good.

MFauli
Sun, 04-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Watched it and it was good.
Though something is really starteing to annoy me as hell:

The women-chauvinism.
Be it Heroic Ages, or Claymore, or other series...what´s with this crappy pro-female attittude?
In Heroic Ages, only women are allowd to approach the queen...the men are stupid mecha-pilots.
In Claymore, only women can become cool soldiers.

From men´s oppresion towards women´s oppresion, yeeha...
No really, the whole 1st episode of Heroic Ages i though "Fuck those bitches...fuk the girl that forbids the one guy to approach the queen...fuck the queen not allowing the guy approach her...fuck the 2 psychic girls with her cool psychic powers...

Vash72
Sun, 04-08-2007, 05:03 PM
What's wrong with having strong female characters or female protagonists in Anime, a role that more often then not is dominated by males...... Personally, I find it a refreshing every now and then to see females portrayed as the heroic characters.........

As for the issue of not being allowed to approach royalty. Under a monachal system I'd rather think it makes sense to not allow just anyone into the presence of royalty be they female or male, I'd imagine it's rather a class issue (Against) or trust issue rather then any sexual bias. Furthermore your post seems to indicate a rather alarming level of hostility towards any female figure in a position of power and as such you may wish to question "why" this upsets you........

Cheers,
Vash72

MFauli
Sun, 04-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Personally, I find it a refreshing every now and then to see females portrayed as the heroic characters.........

"Every now and then" would be okay...

As for the issue of not being allowed to approach royalty. Under a monachal system I'd rather think it makes sense to not allow just anyone into the presence of royalty be they female or male, I'd imagine it's rather a class issue (Against) or trust issue rather then any sexual bias.

But they clearly said "only women are allowod to go there"

Furthermore your post seems to indicate a rather alarming level of hostility towards any female figure in a position of power and as such you may wish to question "why" this upsets you........

Well, seems that i chose to many similiar animes, but the sheer amount of "strong" women annoys me. As you say "every now and then" would be okay. But to me it seems as if so many anime-series feature strong women and rather stupid men. Gets boring...and annoying.

animus
Sun, 04-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Women are the more capable sex. At most times, they're more level-headed, keep their cool easier, don't have raging desires as much, can stand giving childbirth (ouch) and besides women are just so much more damn sexier than men are.

Anyways, about the episode. I haven't watched it yet, but I read the description, and am currently downloading it, but it seems that the queens hostility towards men or probably the main character in this case will dissipate further along in the series.

Vash72
Sun, 04-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Well MFauli, I suppose we'll just have to choose to disagree ;) ........ Maybe we watch different genres of anime in general and therefore naturally have different views on the matter. Personally, I haven’t seen an over-abundance of male leads being portrayed as stupider than female ones........

Anyways, back to the Heroic Age, nice fluid animation and a plot with potential, will be interested to see where the writers go with it……..

Cheers,
Vash72

Yukimura
Sun, 04-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Nice animation, nice mechs, nice shounen hero power up (assuming that giant mech/monster/Witsuarunemitea) was the kid. I'll definately stay with this one to see where the plot goes.

@MFauli strong female charachters aren't new and I don't really think they are taking over anime, though there do seem to have been a lot more strong female types in recent times, as opposed to marshmellowy mahou shoujo's. I don't really mind personally because it's not as much about sex as it is about gender. A person who acts like a pansy and cries all the time is 'girly' but a girl who wields a giant sword and gets rough and rowdy in fights is 'manly' It doesn't matter as much what's between their legs as what's between their ears.

However this princess doesn't strike me as a strong female, more like a pampered and sheltered one, she probably can't be approached b/c she's 'so special and pure' or something, which would be a bit lame, but amybe she would lose her cool powers ifa man got to close, like in Mai-Otome.

?igma
Mon, 04-09-2007, 08:20 AM
Well, I definately liked this one ^^

animus
Mon, 04-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Judging from the description I was skeptical. But I just watched it, and I must say it's quite amazing. Thrilling, and interesting. The Nodos or the mech looks like an Evangelion in a way, quite fucking badass.

Board of Command
Tue, 04-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Sounds really interesting. Like Bud, I'm also waiting for a more reputable group to sub it.

animus
Thu, 04-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Rarghhh, raws for Episode 2 of Heroic Age and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan are out, and I'm seething for the subbed versions. Rarrrgh. More people need to pick these two series up, among many others. This season is packed with good series.

?igma
Fri, 04-13-2007, 05:55 AM
Well, I've had a good morning today, a new Naruto and Claymore and two new series RomeoxJuliet and Bokurano. To me, they are all medium-highquality new series and with Heroic Age added to that, it seems It will be a good season :)

Hoping to see it soon ^^

Church
Fri, 04-13-2007, 06:51 PM
I saw this... and all I can think was Star Craft and Utawarerumono...
I'll have to see a couple more episodes to see where this goes.

kAi
Sun, 04-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I watched this before, has some potential see how it goes.

animus
Sun, 04-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Heroic Age Episode 2 - YourMom (http://fourzerofour.us/tor/ha02.torrent)

Have heard bad things about YourMom, but it's tolerable, and I did watch their Code Geass releases. Will give opinions when I've watched it.

Edit: Hrm, no karaoke but a decent OP and song. Good episode interesting, and nice action.I found it odd that they translated his name into Age when I'm pretty sure I heard Eiji or some such. Answered a couple questions like, a man of unpure heart I guess, will cause the princess to faint and lose her senses. The summoning and the formation of the Nodos looks like a Guyver's Bio-boost,

masamuneehs
Sun, 04-15-2007, 01:33 PM
ugh... Your-Mom...

I get super pissed when there's a show I watch, and these guys go in and speedsub it, leading me to avoid the thread until a decent group shows up. It fucks the discussion to hell and also personally peeves me.

But to choose between SoulFang translation or Your-Mom... maybe I'm being too picky when choosing between crap and shit...

animus
Sun, 04-15-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm glad YourMom picked it up, episode 2 aired on the 9th, and today's the 15th. And no other sub in sight. I only need the subs for a general idea. Bruised Ichigo isn't that bad. Besides SoulFang, there's another translator in the group with him so it's not that bad I guess.

?igma
Sun, 04-15-2007, 04:19 PM
good Second episode, although I do think the storyline revolves around one person too much currently. Too soon to say though.

masamuneehs
Sun, 04-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Heroic Age - Episode 2 - Bruised Ichigo (http://bruised-ichigo.soulfang.net/t/ha02.torrent)

I simply don't like when fansub groups cut right in, doing only the most recent episode and essentially trying to "steal" viewers away from the group that has worked on the show from the start. Sure, BI only did one more episode than Your-Mom, but I don't like the idea that Your-Mom whimsically picks up shows in the middle of their run and counts on other groups having done the work for the previous episodes.

/rant

edit to below- i just think it's a dick thing to do. just my two cents

animus
Sun, 04-15-2007, 06:53 PM
I think it's good. They're giving a speed-sub option, meaning speed over quality. I think it's fine that they're cutting in when stuff takes long to get released. Like Code Geass, there was a long period where no episodes were released, and it was YourMom that qualmed our desires for CG. However, they've only subbed 3 series in that was started by another group, Heroic Age, Code Geass and Sumomo momomo. Sumomo only had episodes 1-17, and they just subbed the last 2 episodes (21 and 22). You can say the same about other groups cutting in to other series, like One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, etc. Do you really expect ADC-Elites, Gerusama, Vegapunk, Dattebayo, etc. to start from episode 1?

Yukimura
Sun, 04-15-2007, 09:43 PM
I think this is one of those age old debates that will never get settled, The way I see it what speedsubbers like Your-Mom do is provide something people really want at an arguably lower quality level but faster.

The only way I can see a problem with that is if one thinks there's some type of 'code' to fansubbing where certain rules have to be followed without needing reasonable explanations. 'Thou shalt sub only entire series' would fit this category. No one's experience is directly hurt by the availability of certain episodes earlier than the 'main' groups release. If you choose to download it and it's not to your liking then you will know not to download from them again, and it's your own fault for trying something different.

Second episode was interesting, those 12 tasks seemed pretty mean though ...Humanity take over the universe or be destroyed. And if you think about it, they basically just say save yourselves, no here's what you'll have to do...beat everyone else and become godlike.

?igma
Mon, 04-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Heroic Age Episode 2 - YourMom (http://fourzerofour.us/tor/ha02.torrent)

Have heard bad things about YourMom, but it's tolerable, and I did watch their Code Geass releases. Will give opinions when I've watched it.

Edit: Hrm, no karaoke but a decent OP and song. Good episode interesting, and nice action.I found it odd that they translated his name into Age when I'm pretty sure I heard Eiji or some such. Answered a couple questions like, a man of unpure heart I guess, will cause the princess to faint and lose her senses. The summoning and the formation of the Nodos looks like a Guyver's Bio-boost,

I think he litterally spells AGE three times though ^^

animus
Mon, 04-16-2007, 06:58 AM
He doesn't literally spell it, if you listen to him he says the pronunciation like A-e-gee. Maybe it's the japanese engrish problem and his name is supposed to be Age afterall, but with the pronunciation they made we may never know unless we look up the official name from them.

?igma
Mon, 04-16-2007, 09:48 AM
He doesn't literally spell it, if you listen to him he says the pronunciation like A-e-gee. Maybe it's the japanese engrish problem and his name is supposed to be Age afterall, but with the pronunciation they made we may never know unless we look up the official name from them.

Well ye, but as you yourself said, with the Japanese way of pronouncing English words, most of them lose half of it stretching their tongue, or add more to it while trying.

And you don't think Heroic Age is to address an "age" right ? I first thought the same, maybe concerning a time-frame. But after seeing the two episodes it seems pretty evident its basically only about Age = person. He on himself is a Tribe. For some weird reason.

animus
Tue, 04-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Heroic Age Episode 3 by YourMom (http://fourzerofour.us/tor/ha03.torrent)

Edit: Ok, just watched the episode. Yea his name is Age as concluded by the sign that said "Age's Room". The episode was good, we got to see more of Age's childish and playful nature, and someone from the Silver Tribe. Also, don't forget to watch the introduction at the beginning. I thought it would just repeat information but it had info that wasn't revealed by the episodes.

Yukimura
Fri, 04-20-2007, 12:48 AM
Heroic Age - 03 by [Sphere] AKA Soulfang and some random editor (http://sphere.soulfang.net/t/ha03.torrent)

Knives122
Fri, 04-20-2007, 11:32 AM
So does this episode continue to support the complete genocide of other species and taking over their worlds?

Yukimura
Fri, 04-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Hell yeah! But it's okay, since every race seems to want to destroy all the other races, so it's kill or be killed.

Yukimura
Tue, 04-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Heroic Age - 04 [Your-Mom] (http://fourzerofour.us/t/ha04)

?igma
Tue, 04-24-2007, 04:02 PM
sweet thanks :) Dling

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 04-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Wow Sphere subs sure are taking their time O_o

animus
Wed, 05-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Episode 5 h264 - YourMom (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=710)
Episode 5 XviD - YourMom (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=711)

Edit: Warning to those of you planning to download the h264 version, there seems to be a problem atleast with mine, right near the end of the intro or so around 2:23 it'll get buggy and skip all the way to 5:5x or so. This was with MPC, and with VLC it just crashed, so just a heads up. Might only be me. Might want to download the XviD just in case, which I'm doing now since I don't like missing and skipping shit.

Yukimura
Thu, 05-03-2007, 02:35 AM
Episode 5 h264 v2 - YourMom (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=713)

Hopefully they fixed their script a bit as well, but I doubt it.

animus
Thu, 05-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Episode 6 XviD - YourMom (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=762)
Episode 6 h264 - YourMom (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=761)

Sandldan
Thu, 05-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Episode 7 XviD -YourMom (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=799%20)
Episode 7 h264 - YourMom (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=798)

?igma
Thu, 05-17-2007, 04:18 PM
I thought the beginning was kick-ass, but I'm slowly losing my interest in this series. Not sure what causes it..

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Could it be because all Deianeira ever seems to do is project herself into space and say "Age..." in her synthesizer voice? I do like her despite her never seeming to do anything, as well as her red-headed handmaiden Aneesha.

Deianeira's apparent worthlessness aside, the Silver Tribe really pisses me off. They're the type of villain you know won't die til the very last episode, and won't actually fight until the second to last. They just send the Bronze Tribe nests to do all their dirty work, and the one of their kind with a Heroic Tribe inside just bosses the other 3 around. They never do any of their own dirty work, and just teleport out any time that little ship of theirs following the Argonaut might be threatened by Age. fucking cowards. Definitely the archetype of villains that piss me off the most. They act all superior and high and mighty without ever exerting themselves.

animus
Thu, 05-17-2007, 10:58 PM
I really dislike how they make the Bronze Tribe nests to be such huge fodder. Every episode atleast 5 go kablam, and all of them in under a second of attack. So far we've only seen Bellcross having 2 distinct moves I guess? One is that punch where a shockwave of sorts obliterates stuff, and second is where you see his orbs glow and he draws in energy from the Bronze Tribe insects and fires a huge ass beam from his mouth. Karukinus's Nodos has all that melty poison gas stuff. Anyways yeah, the episodes have been pretty much the same until recently. Age gets in? morphs into? Bellcross he then destroys nests like nothing. If that second Nodos decided to run in and bust up the ship without charging his beam, yeah they would've won...

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 05-18-2007, 04:38 AM
I actually feel sorry for the other small bald guy. He really doesn't want to fight but is forced to. And does anyone realise that the hair of the silver chick is longer then it could possible become considering her size?

Ryllharu
Fri, 05-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Well, they are a different space-faring species. The only other female member of the silver tribe we've seen also has rediculously long hair (a full view of it in the OP).

Sandldan
Thu, 05-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Aaaand episode 8 out by Your-Mom

Your-Mom Heroic Age 08 XviD (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=834)

animus
Thu, 05-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Pretty decent episode, finally quite a bit of progression.

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Not enough though. I'm starting to get real tired of the humans constantly losing, or at least only achieving stalemates with the Silver Tribe. The Silver Tribe orders everyone around, then flees at the first sign of a threat to them. Even in this episode, Age and Bellcross aren't making much progress, and the Silver Tribe only attacked when they thought no one could fight back.

Thankfully, the Silver Tribe Nodos bitch is starting to see that Bellcross will win, and Deianeira single-handedly mind-raped (C.C. style) that Silver Tribe asshole. Guess she was a much more powerful psychic than we thought (even if it made her go unconscious). She also singlehandedly saved this episode for me.

Yukimura
Fri, 05-25-2007, 12:28 AM
I liked this ep, the humans managed to tie up a Nodos, that was an impressive achievement I think. But on the other hand Heroic Tribesmen can be defeated, considering there were only 5 left when the Golden Tribe decided to stop them from running rampant throughout the galaxy.

Commander Big Boobs did a pretty good job, though I'm not pleased that she thought so little of her fleet. Why would she think that they'd all run like scared rabbits at the first sign of defeat?

The Age/Karukinas fight is dragging along, but I guess it's nessecary, though the way it was portrayed made it look like just an after thought that wasn't important, since all the drama was back with the Argonaut and Commander Big Boobs. Props to Deianeira for the mind fuck, I'm leaning toward her having a little Silver or Gold Tribe in her background somehow.

Aeon
Sun, 05-27-2007, 01:58 AM
I don't think she thought they would all run, she was just giving them the option to live since she knew it was a suicide mission.

masamuneehs
Sun, 05-27-2007, 06:36 AM
i started watching this show when it first came out, but set it aside in the hopes that a more reputable group than Your-Mom would pick it up... I know new groups named Sphere and Bruised Ichigo (the one I watched) subbed the first three episodes, but is Your-Mom the only current option?

I'd really like to resume watching this series... should i just suck it up and take Your-Mom?

animus
Sun, 05-27-2007, 07:29 AM
They're not that bad, and if you've been watching japanese audio for awhile, which I know you have, you should probably have a good idea of what a lot of general words mean. They do put in smiley faces at the top once in awhile, but they're not that bad I guess. It's a shame though, they're the only one working on such a sleeper hit (imo).

Ryllharu
Sun, 05-27-2007, 06:53 PM
I actually think the "<3" they put when Deianeira says "Aaage...." once every 5 minutes is pretty funny. Considering how often she says it, they only have to do it every 5th time. (j/k they only do it once or twice an eps at most.)

@masamuneehs:
If you suffered through the Bruised-Ichigo versions, you're going to wish that Your-Mom had done the first eps too. They do a good job.

animus
Sun, 05-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Yea, I do think they're funny, they also had an instance where they were doing quick cuts of the Silver Tribe Nodos mugshots and having a different smiley for each. Did B-I really do a bad job? Didn't really notice, or maybe I just can't remember since it was quite awhile ago. Do they even do any other works, how come they dropped Heroic Age anyways?

Board of Command
Sun, 05-27-2007, 07:19 PM
B-I = Sphere

They just changed the name due to some dispute they had with Your-Mom over some trivial matter.

animus
Sun, 05-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Ah, good to know. Both names are pretty terrible imo.

?igma
Mon, 05-28-2007, 03:30 AM
I've given up on Heroic Age , dropped and deleted all files and pikked up kekkaishi ..have yet to regret it after 14 episodes. In fact, I sometimes laugh my ass off and generally really enjoy it.

animus
Mon, 05-28-2007, 07:01 AM
Eh, kinda quick to jump the gun. Sure, it's a bit slow, but it's a pretty good action series to follow. Even more so, if you have free time to just sit down and watch something that has guaranteed Bronze Tribe Nest busting each episode.

Aeon
Tue, 05-29-2007, 05:30 PM
I've given up on Heroic Age , dropped and deleted all files and pikked up kekkaishi ..have yet to regret it after 14 episodes. In fact, I sometimes laugh my ass off and generally really enjoy it.
I actually did the opposite

masamuneehs
Thu, 05-31-2007, 05:13 PM
i'm still far away from catching up in this series, but...

Your-Mom _ Heroic Age _ Episode 09 (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=869)

animus
Thu, 05-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Nice episode, the Age and Karukinus battle finally comes to a conclusion and we get to see Deaneira quite crestfallen at the sight of Age. Love is in the air.

?igma
Fri, 06-01-2007, 09:18 AM
I actually did the opposite

Thats great for you, exchange purepwnage for lackofanything :)

Yukimura
Fri, 06-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Thats great for you, exchange purepwnage for lackofanything :)

As you said you gave up on the series...so how might you know everything that's happened since then amounts to 'lackofanything'? I watch both this and Kekkaishi, and while Kekkaishi is awesome it's had more pointless episodes than Heroic Age, (I'm not taking into account that Kekkaishi has run longer if you want a reason to dispute).

animus
Fri, 06-01-2007, 05:48 PM
I think Kekkaishi spent atleast 3 episodes on Cake alone.

Aeon
Fri, 06-01-2007, 06:00 PM
So did Karukinus actually die? it was hard to tell since it seemed like the arm that Age almost ripped off started to heal itself. And I really don't understand the whole contract aspect of the show. Just because it was written the other 3 races are basicially slaves to 1.

?igma
Fri, 06-01-2007, 06:13 PM
As you said you gave up on the series...so how might you know everything that's happened since then amounts to 'lackofanything'? I watch both this and Kekkaishi, and while Kekkaishi is awesome it's had more pointless episodes than Heroic Age, (I'm not taking into account that Kekkaishi has run longer if you want a reason to dispute).

I gave up 1 episode before the last, I doubt alot changes during just 1 or 2 new episodes ;)

And cake, is..soooooo ftw

animus
Fri, 06-01-2007, 06:59 PM
So did Karukinus actually die? it was hard to tell since it seemed like the arm that Age almost ripped off started to heal itself. And I really don't understand the whole contract aspect of the show. Just because it was written the other 3 races are basicially slaves to 1.

Yea, I was unsure too. I thought he died, because Age seemed to have delivered a death blow, and back at the Silver Tribe base or whatever, the Silver Tribe Nodos girl looked like on the verge of tears, and stuff. Though, if he's dead, he shouldn't have regenerated. Did he regenerate by himself, or did he get healed? >_>

Yukimura
Fri, 06-01-2007, 07:25 PM
He might have died and then his body reverted back to its natural state as the Heroic spirit part faded away.

I'm also pretty confused about this contract thing. Did each race recieve similar mandates to rise to the level of the Golden Tribe or perish under another? Also, they said earlier that the 5 Heroes were spread amoung the other races, but as far as we know that should only include Silver, Bronze, and Iron. Assuming the other four were the four gathered under that tree at least one of them should have been a bronze tribe, and thus a bug. I wonder how they made that one humanoid.

Ryllharu
Fri, 06-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Age and the Silver Tribe girl (Yuti?) are the only ones who the same race as the ones they serve. The Golden Tribe told all the races to "move" and only 4 responded. The Heroic Tribe fought amongst themselves, and destroyed a lot, leaving only 5 survivors. The Golden Tribe decreed that they would be put into hosts in the other Tribes of the galaxy, and would serve under contract until one of them dominated the universe and succeeded the Golden Tribe. Penance for the destruction they wrought.

The Silver Tribe was the strongest of the remaining three (seeing just one of them can be a threat to a battleship) and quickly brought the Bronze Tribe under their yoke, and then the rest of the Tribes that didn't "move." This is how they gained control of the other 3 Nodos. Open threats (like Yuti always gives to Mehitaka) kept them all in line. The Iron Tribe lost their homeworld to the Silver Tribe in an invasion led by the Bronze Tribe and have been hunted by them ever since.

The Golden Tribe gave the strongest of the Heroic Tribe to the weakest of the Tribes, the Iron. All of the Nodos are bound under contract to protect and aid the Tribe they are bound to until only one of the three major Tribes dominates the galaxy. Then that winning Tribe must grant the Nodos a wish. The Silver Tribe pressured the others to work for them.

-------
I imagine Yuti is the second strongest of all the Nodos (Bellcross being #1), but for some reason, the leader of the Silver Tribe, or at least her superior, will not let her leave whatever planet they are on.

animus
Thu, 06-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Episode 10 XviD - YourMom (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=929)
Episode 10 h264 - YourMom (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=930)

Ryllharu
Thu, 06-07-2007, 08:21 PM
I didn't expect the other nobles to be so stupid, but I probably should have. Her one idiot brother only wants to use Age to increase his own prestige and become King of mankind, while her other idiot brother believes that Age can be fought alongside of, to increase his own prestige. Disgusting. At least Iolaus felt bad about being unable to help Age. I definitely enjoyed how Age refused to go to the party even if Deianeira went.

Even more interesting was Yuti's reaction to Karkinus. She's overcoming the racism of her own Tribe to worry about her own comrades. It's understandable being a reject from her own race, unable to be with them as a Nodos, and unable to fight alongside the other Nodos unless ordered. She obviously doesn't get the same consideration to have her own concerns wiped from her memory. Too bad she'll have to die along with the others, I was starting to like them.

Deianeira: T_T

animus
Thu, 06-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Haha, yeah I like when they had that T_T at the end of someone's line, I forget whose. Age's decision to seperate from Deianeira was kinda surpising to me. But then again that's probably the best decision to carry out his contract, and prevent her from being in danger. It looks like shes stuck on home stay.

Ryllharu
Thu, 06-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Who else cries in the series constantly, Mehitaka.

Maybe Age knows something else about what's going to happen to the first fleet to attack the Silver Tribe. If Age sees her as the true leader of the Iron Tribe, one who will lead them when his work is all done, then it's better to keep her safe.

Yukimura
Sat, 06-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Wow I should have expected the humans to be retards but for some reason I thought that DNA (this is so much easier than remembering her real name) was a princess on the fringe but that the rest of humanity would be governed by her dad who was King.

Without a strong single leader it's no wonder that the human nobles prance around and make big speeches without actually thinking anything through long term. Mene...M is just a power hungry douch who will likely lead that fleet to ruin in his attempts to become King just for the sake ofthe title. Hopefully he'll die early so we won't be subjected to his crap for more than an ep or two.

animus
Sat, 06-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Kinda disappointed Karukinus didn't die. Gonna mean that these fights are going to drag on a bit longer.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 06-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Honestly I don't mind more kickass battles between 2 Nodoss.

Darknodin
Mon, 06-11-2007, 05:51 PM
what i would REALLY like to see... is the war that decimated the Hero tribe. I mean... that must have been ridiculous.

seriously though, the other Nodos piss me off. at least Age enjoys what he's doing, they are just running around looking sad.

animus
Mon, 06-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Mehitaka: I don't want to fight anymore T_T.

masamuneehs
Tue, 06-19-2007, 03:31 PM
I sucked it up and powered the available episodes. I like this series quite a bit, although it does feel overly familair (formulaic), especially with the characters. I like Mobead (same guy who voiced Ra-Kan in Zoids Genesis, a very fitting voice), Age's grown on me, and the princess isn't super annoying, which I find very agreeable. You can smell most of the plot events a mile away, and the character interaction is much of the same, each of them sticking to their allotted stereotypes. But, whatever, the story is still delivered in a pretty interesting way, good pacing (although sometimes horribly unrealistic and inconsistent). Helps that the soundtrack is decent, nothing great though.

I'll admit it, the action is what keeps me engrossed in this show. The Nodos fights suck, like watching Power Rangers in modern animation. But the spaceship battles are pretty awesome. I especially liked the AzuAzu fleet's fight with Mehitaka and the Bronze. Those Cores are freakin' sweet! The Organ mechs and the battleships are beautifully done as well. I really prefer this 'massive space battle' to the 'epic heroic duel'.

I am, however, slightly confused about the Nodos. There's 5: Age, Karukinas, Mehitaka, the pink haired one and Yuti, right? But then what exactly is the deal with the creepy woman pinky was talking to about the contract? I can tell Yuti is under the direct command of that Silver Tribe guy (their king?), but I couldn't figure out that lady's deal... Also, how come the Silver got 4 Nodos, and the Iron the single, strongest, but the Bronze got nothing? Third place really got screwed over... Did the Golden Tribe just assume they'd become the subordinates of the Silver?

edit- sorry, must have missed Ryl's explanation post. But still, what became of those 'tribes' that Mehitaka and Karurkinus came from? And where the hell is the Bronze tribe's Nodos?

Finally, the fansubbers. I still don't like Your-Mom. Despite being the only group currently working on this series, they don't care enough to go back, correct their errors, and release second, improved versions... I think that says quite abit... In early episodes they also wouldn't translate background conversations or other audible, "secondary" utterance, which I don't like. I'm not a big fan of their use of emoticons either. Once or twice is funny, but they're just beating the horse to death... I did laugh when they did the *pew pew* sound effect for the lasers being fired, that was good...

animus
Fri, 06-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Episode 11 XviD - YourMom (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1045)
Episode 11 h264 - YourMom (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1044)

masamuneehs
Fri, 06-22-2007, 11:03 AM
a pretty good build-up episode. I like that Mobead and Nilval are essentially scheming a plan to undermine the Junos brothers... The older brother, the blonde, is a pretty good speaker and a good politician, but it's obvious his pride and ambition (not spilling any of your own blood? like the Silver are that weak...) will be the cause of early and massive problems for the fleet. Atlantis, the younger brother, is just a retard. It's like a spoiled Naruto in a royal family... 'I'll beat them up!' is his battle strategy...

I actually think it's a good idea to rely heavily on Age so long as no enemy Nodos are in play. However, the humans are just sitting back, and once the enemy Nodos come, they'll struggle mightily just to hold off the Bronze... I see them losing the flagship early on.

Your-Mom didn't pull much asshattery this episode, I was pleasantly surprised.

animus
Fri, 06-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Haha they did a TS Note - PANTSU! for when Age said P-A-I-NT.

Ryllharu
Fri, 06-22-2007, 01:09 PM
If Age's painting is right (and I assume they are), Mehitaka will probably be ordered to destroy another planet, and it will probably be Earth. The Silver might be driven away from this battle if Age starts to finish off one of the Nodos, and they'll probably have Yuti force him to destroy a planet to demoralize the humans.

With any luck, the younger of Deianeira's idiot brothers will be killed in the blast, and her older one will live to be thoroughly disgraced.

They've now said it outright, but I wonder why part of the deal is to have Yuti never fight.

Yukimura
Fri, 06-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Deianeira's brothers are such piles of crap, I doubt anyone listens to them for any reason other than their family's prestige. Fortunately this means that once Deianeira can stand against them in public people should flock to her, since she's got actual capabilities in addition to the prestige.

Age seems content to ruin the days of Bronze Tribers all by himself, and it doesn't seem to phase him at all so I don't feel as bad about it, but it looks like the Bronze turned one of Jupiters moons into a nest (Hopefully not Io since that one might actually be useful to humans). That might actually give him a moments pause, that and the swarm of silver tribe ships with real shields and real weapons. Next ep should be awesome.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 06-23-2007, 06:56 AM
Yeah I wanna see what he can do to a Silver Tribe ship that doesn't teleport away when there is danger. And I think the Silver Tribe actually realises that Bellcross and Age are a real threat. I mean that woman said that they could live together with the Iron Tribe. Sounds to me that they just want them as an Ally so that Bellcross won't totally crush them.

Ryllharu
Sat, 06-23-2007, 08:13 AM
Is her name Prome? I can't remember it. Anyway, her faction is the one who takes in the emotions of all the Silver Tribe. She took in the fear that Deianeira instilled into the one who keeps pursuing them (fortunately, DNAra's telepathy is obviously stronger than that). She, like Yuti, are swayed by emotions. This gives her mercy, as well as the apparent ability to swallow her pride.

I don't think it's that her faction doesn't want to be destroyed, I think it's that she's able to see that they could be destroyed. She's taken in the memory of what Deianeira can do to their kind, she can sympathize with the loss they may face, and she may also possess the humility to realize that they can lose. To her, peace is a win-win situation.

animus
Sat, 06-23-2007, 08:34 AM
It seems even she can't take away all the pain that the Deianeira mindfuck did to that Silver Tribe dude.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 06-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Nah she took away the fear and emotions that Deianeira gave him. What she didn't take away is the memory itself it seems. Or I got it wrong =\

shinta|hikari
Sat, 06-23-2007, 09:51 PM
I think the DNA mindfuck was just too powerful, and some remnants of the fear remains. Because even if only the memory remained, fear is naturally derived from things one has experienced, and thus fear remains as well. The question would be if the fearsuck technique actually remove the memories as well, or as previously proposed only the fear (I wouldnt understand how it works if this is the case)

animus
Wed, 06-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Episode 12 XviD - YourMom (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1080)
Episode 12 h264 - YourMom (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1079)

Ryllharu
Wed, 06-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Holy. Shit.

I knew they were stupid, but Deianeira's brothers really need to be publicly reviled, tried, and left alive disgraced (because that would be so much worse for those egotistical assholes). Wtf did they think was going to happen?!?! They destroyed Jupiter to kill ONE Silver Tribe ship. (The others were destroyed sending the flames back at the fleet, so I'm not counting them.) We knew it was going to happen, but I really didn't expect this. I thought the Silver Tribe would do it on their own.

Lekti has a pretty crazy ability. She can go back in time a short distance to toss off an energy lance.

Deianeira should mindfuck the shit out of the younger of her brothers. Yunos will be worse off being disgraced.

Yukimura
Wed, 06-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Yeah...that was pretty fucked up. The Baka Brothers really need to be removed, but I don't think Deianeira has the fortitude to call them out yet.

All through the fight I was waiting for Age to use the Life Absorbing Beam of Doom but he never did :( there was so much Bronze cannon fodder out there it wold have been spectacular.

animus
Wed, 06-27-2007, 11:50 AM
The animation in this episode was almost movie like. And a pretty amazing episode imo. Bending time is possibly the most powerful ability ever.

Death13a
Wed, 06-27-2007, 01:32 PM
The battle was awesome. Brothers should be tried for crimes against Iron tribe. Bronze tribe seems to be equipped with Silver tribe technology(shields). I liked how Silver tribe reversed attack 100 times more right back at humans even through sacrificing some of them.

Nodos fight should be interesting, can't wait.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 06-28-2007, 05:57 AM
Man such good quality episode. Almost movie-like. And god I hate those brothers. Thinking that they are strong and all. I wanted them do die in that blast =\

oyabun
Fri, 06-29-2007, 02:30 AM
I agree, the animation of this episode is really good. well almost all the episodes has great animation. Too bad jupiter blew up... And i also wanted the brothers to die in that blast but then again, having them hated and trialed when they get home is a much more deserving end for them.

I know Bellcross is the strongest of the 5 nodos but how the hell can will he beat the 3 of them at the timE!?? much anticipated fight!!

shinta|hikari
Sun, 07-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Im guessing that he will fight only two of them at a time. 3 on 1 is kinda hopeless, considering the relatively small power gap between them despite Belcross supposedly being the strongest. Also, the nodos with time bending abilities (which I believe to be limited since it is way too cheap) may be weak in actual combat, giving Age the chance to kill her off first.

masamuneehs
Sun, 07-01-2007, 10:13 PM
this episodes was a feast for the eyes! I loved the battle, although the Baka Brothers (i totally typed this, and then found that Yuki used it too... ) were just as miserably foolish as foreseen. Did the coup already happen? Or is Nilval and the Commander still planning? I'd hate to see such an important event get glossed over for the Nodos fight...

Cuz we all know Age is going to win. The new fighter really does have an awesome ability, and Karkinuas is very determined... but I honestly see Yuti giving Age a harder time on her own than these three... simply because that's how anime usually works... This show has been a pleasant surprise

oyabun
Mon, 07-02-2007, 05:40 AM
I think the coup is already happening, I remember the old commander(forgot his name) mentioning that the princess did not deny the organization chart. Maybe things are already on the move. And by the time the nodos fight is over, the coup will be successful.

Fighting 1 nodos is hard enough for belcross, so maybe belcross will defeat the weaker nodos fast like shinta said..

Question, Is the silver girl the last nodos?

masamuneehs
Mon, 07-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Yuti (silver haired girl) is in fact the last Nodos, the one appearing from within the Silver Tribe.

I'm sorta disappointed if the coup is already starting, since the initial surge of such an event is often the most revealing and most interesting... I know Deineira signed off on the chart, but that's simply a post-coup hierarchy as jotted down by the plotters, not an actual attempt to rob power from her brothers. I do fear they'll gloss over this important plot event so we can see more of Bellcross roaring and the massive, heroic Nodos fight... (which still isn't my cup of tea)

Yukimura
Wed, 07-04-2007, 02:44 AM
Heroic Age - 13 (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1234)

You can do it Age, it's only 2 + a coward on 1!

animus
Wed, 07-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Man, that was a really fun episode to watch, even though it was all basically just spear throwing and flashbacks. And it just keeps showing how godly Age and Bellcross are to overcome time even. What will happen to Age?!

masamuneehs
Thu, 07-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Your-Mom ~ Heroic Age ~ Episode 14 (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1324)

this post brought to you bythe new linkin park CD sucking massive balls and my attempt to do ANYTHING else except pay attention to the tracks as I search for something have decent to keep...

Track 2: "Given Up" quote, "Put me out of my fucking MISERY~~~~!!!"
seriously bad

Death13a
Thu, 07-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Masa take a deep breath....... take a sledgehammer, hit the CD and it will play nice sound.

oyabun
Thu, 07-12-2007, 11:06 PM
it was that bad? lol

At last those stupid brothers are done. Too bad they didn't die. :D

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 07-13-2007, 03:47 PM
God I love Bellcross in Mental Chaos. He just kicks more ass then he usually does.

dragonrage
Fri, 07-13-2007, 09:54 PM
God I love Bellcross in Mental Chaos. He just kicks more ass then he usually does.

That is because he doesn't really care about anything at the moment What we're getting is pure glorious rage.

I am really getting pissed at the princess girl I mean is she a fucking nit wit or just ttoooooooooooo fucking emotional.....

Anyways pretty good episode, I am really starting to enjoy this series and it has joined my anime to watch list.

Edit: I am a Jounin......... interesting.

animus
Wed, 07-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Episode 15 XviD - YourMom (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1393)
Episode 15 h264 - YourMom (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1392)

Yukimura
Thu, 07-19-2007, 03:22 AM
Another nice ep, though I'm starting to get tired of the other Nodos always surviving, maybe Mehitake is actually dead though, which would be good (and funny since Karukinnas took a much longer beating, albeit with out getting stabbed or lasered as far as we saw).

The mental chaos was really interestingly implemented, it seemed to be tearing Belcross apart from the inside as it boosted his power, I can see why it would be a bad thing to let that go unchecked.

animus
Thu, 07-19-2007, 07:45 AM
The mental chaosed Bellcross transformation looked completely badass.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 07-19-2007, 08:02 AM
I completely agree with Animus. Mental Chaos Bellcross looks badass. His body simply couldn't contain all that power and seemed to rot away. He even pulverised his own hand when he attack. And this show is getting better and better. At first I didn't think there was anything else besides the kickass Nodoss fights.

Board of Command
Sat, 07-21-2007, 07:35 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9107/bscap0000su8.jpg

oyabun
Sun, 07-22-2007, 04:54 AM
What a great time to get a hard nipple.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-24-2007, 04:14 AM
Well, I believe excitement does trigger that kind of reaction.

oyabun
Tue, 07-24-2007, 05:32 AM
LOL, I think Belcross will return to its original form, the MCbelcross was so cool.:D

Yukimura
Wed, 07-25-2007, 02:46 AM
Heroic Age - 16 - [Your-Mom] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1443)

Ryllharu
Thu, 07-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Finally caught up. Mehitaka joining Deianeira wasn't something I expected. Did I miss something? Which of the conditions of his contract was the "impossible to fulfill" one Yuti mentioned?

It's interesting to see that Yuti is never allowed to convocate with the rest of the Silver Tribe. Perhaps they view her as corrupted or polluted. With how much her own tribe seems to abuse her, it's no surprise she's starting to break further away from them. They won't let her fight, even though she's convinced she's absurdly strong and could finish this all at once, and Romu Roe clearly sees her as an inferior. She obviously wants to keep Karkinus safe above all other things she could be doing.

I wonder if Lekti will also join with the Iron Tribe. Perhaps "Defeat the other Nodos" in Age's contract doesn't necessitate killing them.

Iolaus is going to wake up one morning to find himself next to a totally naked Aneesha. I just know it.

oyabun
Thu, 07-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Wow... Age having the most condition. I thought it was Yuti who has so many condition.

The reason why Mehitaka is no more bound to the contract with the silver tribe is because a condition in his contract states that he will fight for the silver tribe until his "strength or energy" is drained out. He said he used up all his energy fighting Age, therefore fufiling one of the condition thus releasing him from the bounds of his contract.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Age IS the main character. I guess it would only make sense that he appears to be the most special in the Nodos group, with Yuti coming in next with 8 conditions.

Mehitaka clearly said that Yuti is stronger than Age, and having fought Age in MC mode, that might in fact be accurate. If the number of conditions given by the gold tribe is not related to the strength of the Nodos, Yuti just may be able to defeat Age. That would imply that Age might need some help in the upcoming battle with Yuti.

Ryllharu
Fri, 07-27-2007, 06:54 AM
I thought in the beginning that the narrator stated that the Golden Tribe gave the strongest of all the Nodos to the Iron Tribe because they were the weakest by far. Is it that Mehitaka doesn't really know the capabilities of Yuti since she's not allowed to fight much, or are Age & Bellcross stronger in another sense?

Again, Which condition of Mehitaka's was the one Yuti said would be "impossible to fulfill"? They all seemed pretty simple to me.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 07-27-2007, 11:16 AM
I was thinking that Mehitaka is just a fool and Yuti just likes to brag, and combined they make for a good comedy duo, and a good bluff.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 07-27-2007, 05:08 PM
It clearly has been said that Age and Bellcross are the strongest in the earlier episodes but Yuti has the silver tribe on her side when she fights. I mean she might just have their support. Or has some kind of lame skill that drains Bellcros his energy. Something like that.

animus
Fri, 07-27-2007, 05:17 PM
To add on to that, maybe her Nodos has the ability to mimic other's abilities, meshing them together becoming a totally overpowered being?

shinta|hikari
Fri, 07-27-2007, 09:05 PM
But Bellcross doesnt really have unique special abilities, at least ones that will greatly aid in battle. What makes Age so strong is pure power, and if Yuti's ability only mimics other abilities, then raw power should not be included. Considering their comment about Age destroying all 3 of the other Nodos if he is in MC mode, that would mean that Yuti, even with all the abilities will still lose, unless she has comparable power to age, and will simply get an edge with extra abilities.

Ryllharu
Fri, 07-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Bellcross can absorb life energy to perform a Hyper Beam. He does it to the Bronze Tribe all the time.

I'm starting to think that Mehitaka just doesn't understand Yuti's real power. She's still Silver Tribe, also known as the most arrogant bastards in the universe (next to Deianeira's retard brothers). Yuti seems to now how strong she is, but I don't think anyone else has really seen her fight. They say she can destroy "Stars", but so can Mehitaka and Bellcross. Lekti probably could if she did something just wrong (by making one of the others do it), and Karkinus is focused on defense as Yuti said he will continuously revive.

Barring a continuity error, I'm going to trust the narration from the first episode.

As a side note, I really enjoyed Mayl and Tayl's elaborate attack sequence that completely failed.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 07-27-2007, 09:23 PM
The hyper beam isnt exactly the most useful attact when fighting Nodos because of the charge time. I do admit that its going to be useful as a final blow, but its not going to be the deciding factor that will allow the final blow to be dealt in the first place.

Yukimura
Wed, 08-01-2007, 01:36 AM
Heroic Age - 17 - [Your-Mom] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1543)

If you thought the Baka Bros were done, think again!

Also Heroic Age - 01 - [Kuro-Hana] (http://dxani.uni.cc/bt/ha01lq.torrent)

For a while now, we have seen no proper group has picked up this show after, Bruised-Ichigo.
After talking over with staff, we have decided to pick up this project.

They also go on to claim there will be an HQ release forth coming. I for one don't consider Kuro-hana to be that much better than Your-Mom, and Your-Mom at least has funny jokes now and then, but I'll check them out just to see if there's anything to it.

Ryllharu
Wed, 08-01-2007, 11:40 AM
If they are any good, I'll be more than happy to replace my Bruised Ichigo version of episode 1. It's worse than when Your-mom speedsubs.

animus
Wed, 08-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Naked Yuti is good stuff.

Board of Command
Wed, 08-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Naked Yuti is good stuff.
If you're into lolis with deep voices, then I'd have to agree.

oyabun
Wed, 08-01-2007, 03:19 PM
oh man the brothers are back. Im sensing they will do something stupid in the coming episode.

Yukimura
Wed, 08-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Heroic Age - 18 - [Your-Mom] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1633)

Yukimura
Tue, 08-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Heroic Age - 19 - [Your-Mom] mkv (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1699)

Ryllharu
Thu, 08-16-2007, 11:45 AM
I fail to see where Rome Ro and the rest of the Silver Tribe majority get their arrogance from. Time and time again they've been proven to not be that much better than the Iron Tribe, and it's one they consider the weakest. Beyond that, they still enslave the Bronze Tribe to do most of their dirty work, and absorb all the battle damage. If the Silver Tribe is so strong and the only ones deserving of the Golden Tribe's power, why don't they ever seem to fight any of their own battles? They're as bad as the Baka-Brothers. He wrote the contracts for the Nodos binded to the Silver Tribe? All the conditions are stupidly impossible ones that assume the Silver Tribe is unstoppable, and many of them have already failed. One of Yuti's Labors is pretty much, "If I can't have the power, no one can!" I can't believe Rome Ro is so stupid to believe in his absolute superiority anymore. Unless Yuti really isn't all talk, and turns out to actually be more powerful than Bellcross (making the narration in episode 1 contradictory), the Silver Tribe is going to lose really badly, really soon.

Lekti will probably be released by telling Rome Ro, "The Iron Tribe has the power of the Golden Tribe." Karkinus will die protecting Yuti from Bellcross when she attacks under the clause in her contract, making Yuti go berserk (or get all Mehitaka-ish from sadness) after his death.

They've shown multiple times, and again here, that they can't compete with Deianeira. Sure, she's unique psionically, being the only one who can do it according to Purome, The one hasn't ever been the same since she mind-raped him once. He's becoming more afraid of her and more rash to counteract that feeling (read: foolish).

animus
Thu, 08-16-2007, 11:50 AM
I was expecting Yuti's Nodos to be something more Seraph like.

Darth Zin
Sat, 08-18-2007, 07:40 PM
^ ya, but who knows ^_^

^ ^ I believe the silver tribes arrogance comes from their pride because they became engulfed in their power.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 08-18-2007, 11:06 PM
I was really syrprised at yuti's Nodos. Being the "final boss" I wish she looked a lot more regal. Seraph-like is a good way to put it I guess, since she does look white being in the silver tribe and all. Her Nodos doesnt seem dominating at all. If anything, its like a mid-boss.

Yukimura
Tue, 08-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Heroic Age - 20 - [Your-Mom] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1776)

Mehitaka
+1 for growing a pair.

Karukinas
+.5 for cold cocking Mehitaka (only .5 b/c Mehitaka is a pansy)
-1 for blocking lasers with poison gas (Seriously...wtf)

Belcross:
+1 for pwning Spinning Vortex of Oblivion
+.5 for using the Death Laser again (wasn't precharged with lots of deaths)

Cerebrus
-1 for being a caster
-1 For being a frail-looking pansy caster

The Spinning Vortex of Oblivion
+ 1 For killing Bakas
+ 1 For owning Neruneya in the face
+ .5 For blocking Belcross Death Laser (It wasn't precharged with lots of deaths)

oyabun
Tue, 08-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Let us all rejoice because the brothers are dead!!

Death13a
Wed, 08-22-2007, 12:34 AM
Man i loved free-for-all Nodos fight. It was about time that Iron tribe got slapped back.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 08-22-2007, 07:09 AM
Well...that was fucking awesome.

So Bellcross is the strongest of the Heroic Tribe with strenght, endurance etc.

But Yuki has the most devastating power of them all. Would be interesting to see how this ends. Especially with Mehitaka fighting along side of him.

Illrenmazou
Wed, 08-22-2007, 12:15 PM
I hope the baka bros are really dead and not trapped in a dimensional void just to be rescued later >.<

masamuneehs
Wed, 08-29-2007, 12:22 PM
YourMom - Heroic Age - Episode 21 -xvid (http://66.90.118.104/007/allowed_torrents/341085466_%5BYour-Mom%5D_Heroic_Age_-_21_XVID_%5B8A4C27A9%5D.avi.torrent)

Your Mom- Heroic Age - Episode 21 - mkv (http://66.90.118.104/007/allowed_torrents/1092584078_%5BYour-Mom%5D_Heroic_Age_-_21_%5B9351451D%5D.mkv.torrent)

the xvid file seems to be fucked up. at least, i couldn't get it to work...the mkv is fine though.

Ryllharu
Wed, 08-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Well, that was...unexpected. It was always clear that Purome Ou and Lekti were the only voices of reason in the Silver Tribe and allies, but for her and Deianeira to come to an understanding so quickly and bring so many of the Silver Tribe into agreement in so short a conversation is simply put, a miracle.

When Paeto Ou showed up to blast the Argonaut to atoms, the last thing I'd have expected occurred.

So will we see Deianeira, Purome Ou, and the Argonaut versus Romu Ro and Paeto Ou for the remainder of the series and the search for Elysion?

Board of Command
Thu, 08-30-2007, 12:29 AM
I didn't quite get the last little part. Why are they looking for Elysion?

Ryllharu
Thu, 08-30-2007, 05:42 AM
It's the Golden Tribe's Homeworld. The starway to it closed when Golden Tribe left, and despite the Silver Tribe knowing vaguely where it is, they've never gone there because they never cared about history or had attachments to worlds like the Iron Tribe does. Since that's just the way they are, they never considered anything of importance could be there.

Now Purome Ou and Deianeira came to the conclusion that since the Iron Tribe has always had attachments to certain Stars (despite some assholes destroying them), there may be something on Elysion that could give both Tribes the Golden Tribe's power.

animus
Wed, 09-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Episode 22 XviD - YourMom (http://66.90.118.104/007/allowed_torrents/1965516603_%5BYour-Mom%5D_Heroic_Age_-_22_XVID_%5BBE226E7D%5D.avi.torrent)
Episode 22 h264 - YourMom (http://66.90.118.104/007/allowed_torrents/1991596978_%5BYour-Mom%5D_Heroic_Age_-_22_%5BA73409ED%5D.mkv.torrent)

Death13a
Wed, 09-05-2007, 10:25 AM
First half is boring but second half Nodos fight in mental chaos.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 09-05-2007, 12:51 PM
RASENGAN!!! Thats when I thought when Bellcross attacked. And damn I still think its kickass. Eventhough the first part was just talking.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 09-05-2007, 10:16 PM
It appears to me that Yuti is more powerful than Age in terms of actual battle capabilities (with her black hole attack, blades, and sheer speed), but Age just doesnt seem to die (because his name is in the title for the show, Heroic "Age"). I mean, in the first time leap, he got absorbed in the black hole that was supposed to destroy anything, and he got out in mental chaos, WTF? I cant really come up with a decent explanation for it except for him being the protagonist. If Yuti's skill isnt all-destroying (which Age seems to have proven) then she is nowhere near Belcross' power (the hero exclusive power of never dying even when your supposed to)

This means that Age is sure to have survived that huge blast that is supposed to annihilate everything there.

Ryllharu
Wed, 09-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Well, Deianeira called Bellcross out of his state of mental chaos the last time, so it's not like he just did it on his own.

As for his not dying, he does have 12 Labors in his contract, like another hero from a different series that never seemed to die...
(rudimentary greek mythology knowledge may be required to understand reference)

shinta|hikari
Thu, 09-06-2007, 07:01 AM
Makes sense to me, but I prefer the straightforward and logical (though not as impressive) explanation of him being the hero over the mythological one.

Yukimura
Thu, 09-06-2007, 10:55 PM
I don't think a lot of the physical rules that govern the abilities of the Nodos fully apply when applied to the other Nodos. Karukinas's mist is supposed to kill everything, but it doesn't kill other Nodos, just annoys them. (I think) Mehitaka's lasers are supposed to blast through everything, but again, other Nodos seem merely annoyed by them. Age also seems to be able to perceive time-hopping Lekti somehow. With all these exceptions I don't find it that hard to imagine that Yuti's void power isn't guaranteed to absolutely work on Age either, since he's also of the Heroic Tribe (maybe their power is all derived from a general ignoring of physical laws).

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-09-2007, 07:38 PM
True, its just that, if it doesnt apply, Yuti seems to lose all her supposed power or advantage over the others, including mehitaka and the rest. I guess if that is the case, in terms of practical power vs. Nodos, Age really is supreme, with his raw power and sheer ability to break all logic.

Yukimura
Tue, 09-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Heroic Age - 23 - [Your-Mom] MKV (http://66.90.118.104/007/allowed_torrents/2034873719_%5BYour-Mom%5D_Heroic_Age_-_23_%5B2888A88E%5D.mkv.torrent)
Heroic Age - 23 - [Your-Mom] AVI (http://66.90.118.104/007/allowed_torrents/997116360_%5BYour-Mom%5D_Heroic_Age_-_23_XVID_%5B5372267D%5D.avi.torrent)

This show will suck if that Golden Tribe power turns out to be HAPPINESS or something.
How True.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 09-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Im thinking that it isnt really a power at all, since any sort of "real" power would only result in more conflict. It will probably be a means to resolve the conflict, along with a note saying "kiss and make up".

I was hoping since the beginning that the gold tribe were malicious little shits that try to control "less developed" tribes for their entertainment. Seems that is quite impossible by now.

Death13a
Tue, 09-11-2007, 08:24 PM
It was mentioned early on that Gold Tribe's "power" is to be able to create planets (stars?).

Well the meaning behind contracts was reviled as hints to future but why are some of them contradicting?
And each Nodos tied to and element:
Lekti- time
Meshtaka- light
Kerkerus- life
Age- existence
?Yuti-nothingness(darkness)?

animus
Tue, 09-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Felt pretty bad for Yuti, burdened with her feelings, and Rome Ro not letting her transfer them to Purome.

I liked this episode. The Nodos name translations were completely different this episode, save Bellcross's and Cerberus.

Yukimura
Tue, 09-11-2007, 10:38 PM
EDIT: Apparently vBulletin lets you hit back and post again several hours later by accident....how nice.

Anyway, I don't like when translations change in the middle of a series, hopefully it's just that the official names came out instead of a new translator making up best fits of their own. That said, 'Not Purome' Ou (not really worth remembering his name) is a tool and I hope Age just kills him before he can run away like the coward he is.

animus
Tue, 09-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Did anyone have a better chance at understanding what Age and Lekti were talking about inside that hourglass powered by Alementas? Where Age was takling about the power of four or whatever, and how Bellcross has no spirit, and he needs the help of others so he can obtain a spirit? I was so confused.

Yukimura
Wed, 09-12-2007, 09:08 PM
I took it to mean that the Heroic Tribe members don't have 'spirits' which is probably a loose translation for something like a conscience or understanding of right and wrong or interpersonal emotions. So Age and the other Nodos are sharing their lives with the Heroic Tribers to let them know what it means to feel.

This theory makes the Golden Tribes dealings with the Silver Tribe a bit odd though since the Silver Tribe don't use their feelings, though they at least they have them.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 09-13-2007, 02:51 AM
I would have translated "kokoro" as heart, maybe then it would have made more sense.

Yukimura
Sun, 09-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Heroic Age - 01 - [Shinsen-MishiCorp] (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Corp%5D_Heroic_Age_-_01_%5BC1C353B5%5D.avi.torrent)
Heroic Age - 02 - [Shinsen-MishiCorp] (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Corp%5D_Heroic_Age_-_02_%5B582C5280%5D.avi.torrent)
Heroic Age - 03 - [Shinsen-MishiCorp] (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Corp%5D_Heroic_Age_-_03_%5BD076030E%5D.avi.torrent)
Heroic Age - 04 - [Shinsen-MishiCorp] (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Corp%5D_Heroic_Age_-_04_%5BB2049A64%5D.avi.torrent)
Heroic Age - 05 - [Shinsen-MishiCorp] (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Corp%5D_Heroic_Age_-_05_%5B26C8D681%5D.avi.torrent)
Heroic Age - 06 - [Shinsen-MishiCorp] (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Corp%5D_Heroic_Age_-_06_%5BDBE54529%5D.avi.torrent)

I know a lot of people hate Shinsen...but I would hope they'd at least do a more professional job than Your-Mom. Though Your-Mom deserves some credit since Heroic Age is usually watchable unlike several of their other shows.

EDIT: The karaoke is blatantly and clearly mistimed in ep4, so my argument doesn't hold as much weight anymore, but the visual quality seems better than Your-Mom at least.

AbstractTheorem
Thu, 09-20-2007, 12:27 AM
nwe heroic age by yer mom

Heroic age 24 Mkv (http://tracker.anirena.com/details.php?id=2132&hit=1)

Heroic Age 24 Avi (http://tracker.anirena.com/details.php?id=2131&hit=1)

ARGGGGG FIN GD CLIFF HANGERS with every anime I am watching why why why why... ok got that off my chest, I feel better now

animus
Thu, 09-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Haha i loved when Your-Mom added the giant :3 to Deaneira.

Ryllharu
Thu, 09-20-2007, 10:12 AM
ARGGGGG FIN GD CLIFF HANGERS with every anime I am watching why why why why... ok got that off my chest, I feel better nowThat would be the exact reason I've been waiting, and I'll marathon the rest of the series. I didn't want to wait for anymore parts of the fight without conclusion.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 09-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Heroic Age ep 25- XviD (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=2215)

Heroic Age ep 25- h264 (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=2214)

There ya go. Now go and watch = )

animus
Thu, 09-27-2007, 09:31 AM
That was so weird and confusing on so many levels.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 09-27-2007, 10:25 AM
I totally agree. The SSJ Bellcross was kinda alright though XD

Yukimura
Thu, 09-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Lol the whole time he was wrestling with the golden ball I kept thinking it would be awesome if he just ate it.

Anyway this episode had a decent little bit of mind battery. What's all this about true powers? I understood Karukinus's regeneration for everyone. Was Mehitaka's was the giant mirror? And if it was, how did he make the Golden Tribe's shields bend to his will and become that thing? Then there's Lekti...I didn't fully understand what she was talking about for most of the ep but the gist I got was that she could predict the future/ possible futures and she knew that Age/Belcross were important to the survival of everything. But what about Age and Yuti? Did anyone get what they're 'true' powers were supposed to be?

animus
Thu, 09-27-2007, 12:06 PM
All i got was like Age was the Key and Yuti was the door. Age is the catalyst for Elysion's will or something? I have no idea, I was scratching my head for most of that episode which is something I didn't think I'd be doing in Heroic Age no less.

AbstractTheorem
Sat, 09-29-2007, 04:01 PM
I think Lekti pulled age through all the different outcomes to the golden ball thingie.. I think.... lol .. honestly the whole episode was an explosion of confusion.. so I guess that is what I decided happened

Uzumaki
Sun, 09-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Is this series 26 episodes long? or will it go on much longer? Looking for something new to watch :)

Yukimura
Wed, 10-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Heroic Age - 26 FINAL - [Your-Mom] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=2306)

A nice episode which now that I think about it contained absolutely no action but still held my undivided attention for the full span. A nice wrap up which while not exactly unpredictable and not completely closed, was still quite satisfying for the most part. All in all this was a nice series and I'm glad someone stuck it out to the end to bring it to us.

animus
Thu, 10-04-2007, 11:57 AM
I liked the ending, it was really sweet. Which the mood was amplified by the song.

Board of Command
Thu, 10-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Nice ending to a somewhat unusual series. Your-Mom did a decent job given the type of language spoken in this series.

cmdrkeen
Sun, 01-20-2008, 05:08 AM
I think Lekti pulled age through all the different outcomes to the golden ball thingie.. I think.... lol .. honestly the whole episode was an explosion of confusion.. so I guess that is what I decided happened

i don't think so. the first time, lekti tried to use her power to kill age/bellcross by trying every possible way to kill him. Now she used her power to amplify the goldentribes power (help bellcross to obtain it) so she didn't tried all possible paths, but spent all her power in only one path.

i also thought about the real powers of the nodos, 4 of them was mentioned, but yutis/cerebus' power not.
if age bellcross is existence (what makes sence cause he used that lifedraining beam, which pulled that bronce tribe guys out of existence),
lekti/erymanthos is time,
mehitaka/artemia is light and
karkinos/lernaea is life

what power that opposes the powers displayed by yuti is left?
i think it is creation. (nothingness <> creation) ... makes sense for me :)

Yukimura
Sun, 01-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Wasn't it explicitly stated when Yuti first put them in that little ball of nothingness? Her power was nothingness hence the red tornado's that sent things into the void. Age's power was existence, which I believe is why nothing could kill him.

cmdrkeen
Sun, 01-20-2008, 10:58 AM
what i meant is the real power of the nodos .... since karkinos/lernaea's power was not death (as you could have thought after the first battles: some ugly fog that kills all life it touches)

Yukimura
Sun, 01-20-2008, 11:05 AM
I thought the explanation of that was they could use their powers to influence their areas of expertise in either a positive or negative way. Lernaea could take life or give it and never died. Having power over something implies you could manipulate it as you saw fit.