PDA

View Full Version : Strongest Member of the 7 Swordsmen

Konohamaru
Mon, 03-26-2007, 01:43 PM
So we've seen Kisame, Zabuza and Raiga; three members of the 7 swordsmen. All had a partner. Kisame's in the akatsuki who are very powerful ninjas in their own right. Kisame also seems to have an enormous amount of chakra, possibly kage level amount. Itachi is also his partner who...well yea you all know about him lol.

Raiga went down pretty easily and didn't show as much potential with his jutsu's. Although he might win against Kisame since he was electric based but Kisame might have more skill. Raigai also had that child with the freaky powers.

Zabuza was just a bad ass character to begin with using assassin like jutsus and techniques. Also had a better partner who could hold his own but he had a big weakness which lead him to lose.

Is kisame the strongest? he's still alive after all.

Carnage
Mon, 03-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Who's raiga again?

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 03-26-2007, 03:47 PM
From the fillers. At the funeral Arc.He used 2 swords that turned his charkra into electricity. And he had a kid on his back that has an unknown Bloodline that can counter the Byakugan

darkmetal505
Mon, 03-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Considering we have almost no information on the other 4 members, I don't think it's time to draw conclusions.

Genma
Mon, 03-26-2007, 05:35 PM
I think everyone should disregard Raiga entirely. Hell, while we're at it, why not disregard everything that happened in the fillers?

And yeah - I don't think it's safe to assume that Kisame is the strongest. They haven't revealed the other four (or perhaps five, which I hope is the case).

BananaFob
Mon, 03-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Is it just me, or are the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist all homosexual?

Anyway, I bet Kisame could've beaten Zabuza and Raiga, maybe Sasuke's new allies might be other Mist Swordsmen.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 03-26-2007, 07:12 PM
probably not, I don't think that Sasuke's team will be composed of uber famous ninjas...

However, I think it would be cool if one of the seven mist Katana were a girl... one hot chick with one big blade...

oh, and for the topic... Zabuza was cooler, but seeing how Kisame has far more chackra (i'm guessing, of course) I think he would have won...

Terracosmo
Mon, 03-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Is it just me, or are the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist all homosexual?

Basing this on what? :O

Assertn
Mon, 03-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Kisame also referred to Zabuza as "little zabuza" or something like that if I recall.....
It didn't sound like from Kisame's perspective that taking down Zabuza was any indication of considerable strength..

Assassin
Tue, 03-27-2007, 01:25 AM
i think kisame is probably up there....maybe the top 3 or so. Not that we'll ever know for sure. Its very unlikely kishimoto will actually go into the mist swordsman story. It was just something to make kisame seem like a big shot i think. More of a detail to his back story rather then a plot line on its own. As such, i think we might have to accept raiga as an official swordsman too, now that he's been shown as one in the fillers.

Idealistic
Wed, 03-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Hmm.... I think the whole 7 swordsmen thing is just a minor plot to give Zabuza and Kisame a little more background.... If the 7 swordsmen were going to be a big plot in the story they wouldn't have added Raiga in the fillers.

We probably won't even see the rest of the swordsmen... They may just be considered dead.

Genma
Wed, 03-28-2007, 11:48 AM
If the 7 swordsmen were going to be a big plot in the story they wouldn't have added Raiga in the fillers.

I seriously don't think the filler writers get any input from Kishi.

Why else would Hinata have some jutsu that the manga never acknowledges? Did everyone forget about that?

Vegechan
Wed, 03-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Raiga a drop out from the 7 Swordsmen?

BananaFob
Wed, 03-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Basing this on what? :O

Don't really know, but there's the fact that we have seen at least two of them (Zabuza and Kisame), and their partners are guys. For a fact, Zabuza and Haku...well, one dresses in pink, etc. There's also Kisame with Itachi. If you include the fillers, Raiga was with that little boy, and they were both "obsessed" with each other.

But my opinion up there isn't really supported by much evidence, so I'll withdraw that comment, then.

Assertn
Wed, 03-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Since there doesn't appear to be any girls in akatsuki, then the organization must have giant gay orgy parties too, eh?

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-28-2007, 11:50 PM
*obligatory "Haku is hot" comment here*

Super5
Sat, 03-31-2007, 11:15 PM
i think kisame is probably up there....maybe the top 3 or so. Not that we'll ever know for sure. Its very unlikely kishimoto will actually go into the mist swordsman story. It was just something to make kisame seem like a big shot i think. More of a detail to his back story rather then a plot line on its own. As such, i think we might have to accept raiga as an official swordsman too, now that he's been shown as one in the fillers.
Well, based on recent manga chapters, I think Kishi will go into detail on the 7 swordsmen. The water guy seemed to regard Zabuza's sword as his "right", so maybe there's some kind of special power or status inherent in the swords and the people who possess them. I'll speculate that Kishi will do more explaining about the 7 in the next chapters, probably during or after the first fight with Sasuke's group.

If Kishi does have some backstory/purpose associated with the 7, I would be willing to discount raiga altogether. If the anime conflicts with manga canon, we know which is ultimately right.

Assertn
Sun, 04-01-2007, 12:30 AM
If Kishimoto goes into more detail about the mist 7, then he'll probably think of a way to somehow squeeze raiga in, even if for a very miniscule part. It wouldn't be the first time that an anime-only character finds themself in a later scene in the manga.

They could always pass raiga off in the manga as "that one swordsman that has long since passed away," and pull a similiar move as they did with suigetsu and introduce a replacement to take his spot. Only thing though, raiga's weapon was totally broke and cheesy.

"If all else fails, give the villian a weapon with lightning powers," I always say. :rolleyes:

6Zabuza9
Sun, 04-01-2007, 09:49 PM
in the manga did they even mention the 7 swordsmen?

Assertn
Mon, 04-02-2007, 05:00 PM
kisame did prior to their contfontation with jiraiya

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 04-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Since there doesn't appear to be any girls in akatsuki, then the organization must have giant gay orgy parties too, eh?

That is why they are looking for little boys that are "special" and sure a girl willl pop in every now and again, but that is just a fluke!

KawaiiInu
Tue, 04-17-2007, 04:50 AM
I think it's a tie between Zabuza and Kisame.