PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Assassin
Sun, 03-25-2007, 05:22 PM
www.pirates.movies.com

Man, i cannot wait! trailer looks so awesome. This entire series has to be one of my favorites of all time. Can't wait to see jack in action again :D.

RedX1z
Sun, 03-25-2007, 06:59 PM
You're not the only one, man. I've seen other trailers as well, and it's just something I can't wait for as well.

One more thing, that's Captain Jack Sparrow to you!

Lucifus
Sun, 03-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Oh manZ. I hate you Assasin. Now I'm all anxious for the movie!

Oh man the trailer is so awesome! Glad that the movie isn't that far off.
Looks like the Captain 'ill be facing off against Davy Jones.

Testarossa Autodrive
Sun, 03-25-2007, 07:25 PM
The first two movies were highly entertaining, so I'm excited for the third one. I'm really glad it's comin' out soon and I don't have to wait another year.

Death13a
Sun, 03-25-2007, 10:40 PM
AAAARGH and bottle of rum. Can't wait!!!

gr3atfull
Mon, 03-26-2007, 01:01 PM
AHHHH JOHNNY DEPP!!!!!

I cant wait!!!! 60 more days until it comes out!!!!!

SK
Mon, 03-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Damn, trailer got me way too excited, now its going to seem like a long wait, but it should be worth it.

Carnage
Mon, 03-26-2007, 07:56 PM
I saw the trailer last week and all I can say is that this movie looks like its going to be the shit.

The trailer was so good, Im actually more excited to see this than Spiderman 3.

Yukimura
Mon, 03-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Well that trailer looked very cool, though I'm not sure I can wrap my head around all the things I saw. A submersible pirate ship was pretty taxing on my suspension of disbelief but Harry Potter made it okay, now I'm seeing upside-down pirate ships, pirate ships that sail on sand, flying pirate ships, pirate ships that have gun battles while being sucked into whirlpools. ..and Chow Yun-Fat in a disney movie. I have no doubt this movie will be a visual orgasm, but I hope they also manage to fit a somewhat sensible plot in as well.

itadakimasu
Thu, 04-19-2007, 06:24 PM
It feels like there have been such few movies to see in the past couple of years. I almost bought spiderman tickets today until i realized that i will be working on that friday... anyhow.. i will be seeing pirates for sure !!!! the last one left me in dis belief that it was over.

dragonrage
Sat, 04-21-2007, 06:46 PM
This movies is a must see I love the series and well Capt. Jack is the man, you can't stop the man.

Johnny depp Is awsome, and a pretty damn good actor as well. I basically enjoy all his movies, Including the small part he played in platoon :D. I know that this is a movie that everyone should go out and see, it is almost a shame that it is going to end..... Can't wait to book my ticket and a few extra one for my friends ( my treat). Heres to a good summer and a great movies, i'll be waiting impatiently. :rolleyes:

kAi
Thu, 05-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Awesome movie, Jack is awesome.

So much back stabbing and helping, you end up not knowing what's going on, if you knew what was happening at the time of the happening if which you would've known.

I read some where that Johnny Depp doesn't think the character Jack Sparrow is dead, and is willing to make more films.

Felix
Thu, 05-24-2007, 03:31 PM
*Felix anxiously awaits for a fourth movie

gr3atfull
Thu, 05-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Tomorrow --> 7:15 PM --> JOHNNY DEPP:D

Dark Dragon
Thu, 05-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Just got done watching the movie and i can honestly say it doesn't disappoint.

eat_toast
Fri, 05-25-2007, 05:45 AM
Wow. Everything was amazing. You will laugh, want to cry, get angry, and at the end you will have a good feeling inside you. Trust me, this movie was worth more than you paid for it. It was worth more than the lines. It was worth more than the small fortune you spent on snacks. It was worth more than the three hours of sleep you got that night.

If you see one movie in the next 3 hours, get your ass to Pirates.

Oh, and stay after the credits end :D

darkshadow
Fri, 05-25-2007, 06:26 AM
I saw it yesterday, and it was magnificant, especially the final brawl on sea, that was just mind blowingly awesome.
Also, Depp said since the first movie, that he wouldn't mind making pirates 4,5-6,-10-20 etc.. cause he really likes doing it and will keep doing it as long as he is able to and the demand for the movies is there.

kAi
Fri, 05-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Yeah, the good thing is that you can make it go either way, prequel or sequel, as there is so much story that can be made from it. I wouldn't mind it going further and seeing the fountain of youth, or it would be good to see why he is a Pirate lord, and why people know his name (and why he owes them all money). It would also be nice to see some young Cutler Beckett.

People also seem to fear and respect his dad.

Raven
Fri, 05-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Just got back from seeing it, I think it was probably my favourite out of the three.

I couldn't help but feel that the first two movies had a lot of gratuitous action scenes just for the hell of it, huge choreographed stunts that didn't seem to add anything rather than visual splendour. This movie felt much deeper in terms of dialogue and got heavier into the plot and that made it much more enjoyable for me, personally. Oh, and the final battle scene was a blast, quite literally.

One thing though: what did the other pirate ships actually do? "YAARRR, TODAY WE FIGHT", then after the battle was over, "YAAAY WE WON!" even though they basically stayed still the entire time? Lol. Elizabeth's speech towards the end made me cringe though, Keira just can't do that kind of acting IMHO.

Overall, a fitting end to the series and an awesome standalone film in its own right, even though most of it probably wouldn't make sense without seeing the first two. That can't be helped, really. I'm not OMFG OBSESSED with this trilogy like many people seem to be, but this movie really did impress me and I found myself loving every minute.

Genma
Fri, 05-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Wow. I am prepared to get neg. repped for this, but I'm not afraid to voice my opinion, so I'll flat out say it: I thought this movie was pretty bad.

It was excruciatingly long, and reminded me of the godawful nightmare that was LoTR: Return of the King on opening night. It felt like I was sitting in the theater forever, waiting patiently for it to end, or at least something good to happen. Nothing ever did, though, so I was left with random scenes in which Johnny Depp talks to himself (I mean, was it necessary to do this more than once? We saw this enough in secret window), too-fast paced action scenes, boring dialogue, and a storyline that I honestly couldn't get into at all.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the first movie was great. Second was decent, too, but this was easily the worst in the trilogy imo. It suffers from the Matrix syndrome, where the first movie was totally awesome and then people are brainwashed into thinking the second and third are good, just because the first was, even though they're really not.

I think the worst part of the movie was the introduction of terrible actors. Callipso's screen role was way too long, her accent sucked, and she really shouldnt've been in the movie at all. What a terrible actress for a big film like that. Second, Keith Richards. I mean... what the hell! Keith Richards is so badass, do you actually think he'd be a good actor as Jack Sparrow's father? No, of course not. Apparently he was drunk during his screen time, so that explains the awkward and pointless acting. So at least he has an excuse, unlike the actor of Callipso.

Anyway, yeah, I think you get the point. I really didn't like this movie at all.

?igma
Fri, 05-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Brother, not father

The movie was ok, but suffered the lip-and-over-acting-syndrom. Everytime the camera went to Elizabteh, she did something with her lips that just wanted to make me boggle. Everything was over the top and in this case, that was a baaaaaaaad thing.

I liked the link to Sparta/300 though, first moment in the movie I really laughed.

"This is madness"

"This is politics"

prownage.

darkmetal505
Fri, 05-25-2007, 03:38 PM
I agree with Genma, the movie didn't deliver like its predecessors. Some jokes were over used, especially the "good bussiness" one. Calypto just vanishing baffled me. I suppose they'll put that into the next one. I know it was for dramatics, but near the end of the major fight, when Beckett was walking and the whole ship was blowing up around him, he didn't get hit by a single piece of debris. That's ridiculous. Plus points for Keira Knightley being so hot though.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-26-2007, 03:53 AM
You people are fucking crazy. This movie was fucking EPIC!

It's like the only time besides LotR where the third film of a trilogy totally delivered, and in no way dissapointed.

Stoopider
Sat, 05-26-2007, 06:54 AM
I thought the movie was awesome. Though you'll have to watch the second episode again to really understand whats happening in the 3rd.

Most of my friend who went for the 3rd, and the last time they saw the 2nd episode was last year, they were thoroughlly confused most of the time.

Psyke
Sat, 05-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Just back from the movie. Wasn't too bad, but a little too overboard especially with the Elizabeth character becoming "King". I liked the little parts of comedy mixed in, especially the indian pirate with the squeaky voice. :p

DB_Hunter
Sat, 05-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Well just the saw the movie a few hours ago.

I agree with people it does have a feel good factor to it. I also think that Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom can't act without being cheesy, as evidenced in the part where they got 'married'. I though Captain Barbosa was really funny, yet in the same scene these two were lame.

The multiple Johnny Depp scenes were used a bit too many times. The parts with Lord Beckett were also a bit lame, with him walking through flying debris and not being hit by anything as a prime example.

There were a few times during the movie where I felt the story was being told too fast, leaving me a bit confused as to why we had changed from a certain scene to the next one on a few occasions.

Other than that a decent movie. I think the first one was the best, still not decided which was better out of the last two. There is obviously potential for a fourth movie. As has been mentioned before, make sure you watch all the credits at the end.

saman
Sat, 05-26-2007, 10:03 PM
dammit i didn't stay until the end of the credits! what happened?

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-27-2007, 01:28 AM
Other than that a decent movie. I think the first one was the best, still not decided which was better out of the last two.Neither, since, really, it's all just one big 5 hour kickass movie.

Assassin
Sun, 05-27-2007, 02:15 AM
just got back, and i must agree, it was a totally badass thrill ride of a movie. I was a little disappointed at the lack of comedy in this movie, as compared to the first, and even the second ones. But the plot was alot better and well developed and they did a really good job of explaining some potential plot holes, like how/why barbosa was brought back to life, and why jack couldn't be brought back the same way.

One thing i dont understand though, if barbosa was one of the pirate lords, why was he jack's first mate during the original? or did he become a pirate lord during the 10 years he was captain of the black pearl.

i loved how the movie ended, with barbosa stealing the ship again, and jack setting sail in his little boat :p. it really gave a sense of closure. And the fact that he stole the map, which leads to multiple things (not just davy jones' locker, and the fountain of youth) was hilarious, and a great way to keep the series going.

btw, for those who didn't see it, after the credits there's a scene, set 10 years later, with elizabeth walking on a cliff with her 10 year old son (or was it her daughter?), and as the sun sets, theres a green flash....ie: captain turner, returning to shore.

one last thing...for those who stayed for the final scene, was that kid the same one that was hung during the first minute of the movie? cuz i swear they looked exactly the same.

Splash!
Sun, 05-27-2007, 02:26 AM
I thought the movie was awesome. Though you'll have to watch the second episode again to really understand whats happening in the 3rd.

Most of my friend who went for the 3rd, and the last time they saw the 2nd episode was last year, they were thoroughlly confused most of the time.

Yeah, I have to agree with you there. I made the mistake of doing the exact same thing and there were quite a few plot elements I found very confusing. I am going to watch the 2nd movie now to understand it better.
But I thought the movie was pretty good, although some elements got redundant at time. It was well done and quite funny. The action was good and I liked the ending (Will setting off with the Flying Dutchman).
However, I never really understood Lord Beckett's sudden change of heart at the end? Is there something I am missing? That made no sense to me whatsoever. Honestly, the amount of cannons his battleship had on each side, I don't understand why he couldnt have blown both the Pearl and Dutchman to smithreens if he had asked his men to fire at the right time. After being entirely cold hearted and devious in both this and the previous movie, he decides to not do anything at the very end. Was that him just being a coward, because I don't understand why he gave up.

el_boss
Sun, 05-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Ok movie but the plot kinda sucked.

kAi
Sun, 05-27-2007, 07:41 AM
One thing i dont understand though, if barbosa was one of the pirate lords, why was he jack's first mate during the original? or did he become a pirate lord during the 10 years he was captain of the black pearl.
That was one of the things I couldn't understand, unless you don't exactly have to be a captain to get it, or he might've been a strong Captain before and then became first mate to Jack after or something.

darkshadow
Sun, 05-27-2007, 10:10 AM
he became a pirate lord after mutiny

gr3atfull
Sun, 05-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Good movie, but I found that they didn't always explain everything clearly and they assume that you are a "pirate" and you know what is going on. Also, the movie was too long.

The first one was way better. But this movie was better than the second one.

I hope they make a movie of just Jack Sparrow's adventure. That would be really fun.:D

8.5/10

saman
Sun, 05-27-2007, 10:40 AM
However, I never really understood Lord Beckett's sudden change of heart at the end? Is there something I am missing? That made no sense to me whatsoever. Honestly, the amount of cannons his battleship had on each side, I don't understand why he couldnt have blown both the Pearl and Dutchman to smithreens if he had asked his men to fire at the right time. After being entirely cold hearted and devious in both this and the previous movie, he decides to not do anything at the very end. Was that him just being a coward, because I don't understand why he gave up.

the way i see it, the guy was a businessman. he always pulled the strings from the background, from the comfort of his office. he was also totally sure of his victory when he came aboard his battleship, which was probably why he came on board in the first place. he didn't have any experience with pirate battles, and probably wasn't truly prepared to see any actual fighting. so when it all went to hell for him, he a) froze because he had no idea what to do, and b) went into shock at not having won automatically.

that's what i think anyway

Nyberg
Sun, 05-27-2007, 10:41 AM
The movie was okay. It was worth the money, though I don't wanna see it again. I got so pissed about Calypso. Her freakin accent, I just wanted to hit her or make her suffer or atleast something because she was so fucking bad. And one thing. At the end? why was Lord Becketts boat at the front? Isn't that fucking retarded? He's the Commander of the whole fleet and he's in the front. Well it just sucks to much. 5/10. You can watch it once. I can't watch it again since I would probably kill myself if i couldn't shut it off.

Board of Command
Sun, 05-27-2007, 11:29 AM
I kinda agree with Genma. It as painfully long and a lot of parts were unnecessary.

Splash!
Sun, 05-27-2007, 12:00 PM
The movie was okay. It was worth the money, though I don't wanna see it again. I got so pissed about Calypso. Her freakin accent, I just wanted to hit her or make her suffer or atleast something because she was so fucking bad. And one thing. At the end? why was Lord Becketts boat at the front? Isn't that fucking retarded? He's the Commander of the whole fleet and he's in the front. Well it just sucks to much. 5/10. You can watch it once. I can't watch it again since I would probably kill myself if i couldn't shut it off.
Yeah I understand what you are saying. Seems like the plot was driven in a direction to prevent the complete naval warfare scenario that I was actually hoping to see. All the Pirates decided to go to war against the East India Company but none of the other ships saw ANY action whatsoever. All that banding together to fight under Elizabeth's corny rallying speech (which reminded me of something from LOTR or Braveheart) was later shown to be pointless. The Black Pearl could have sailed alone, head on to meet the armada and things would have turned out the exact same way.
Like you, I couldn't understand a single word Calypso was saying which made me miss out on a significant portion of the plot. Also, Lord's Beckett's demise was rather dissappointing. They built him up is being quite formidable (blackmailing Davy Jones and all) and through many of the scenes in the movie (the cabin scenes where he has maps laid out with advancing forces as plastic figurines), showed him as being somewhat of a military strategist or maybe even a commander, not just some ordinary business man. What kind of commander would commit 'suicide' like that with such a fabulous armada at his disposal. He always seemed like the kind of guy to play it safe, and therefore him ordering his battleship to lead the armada (at such a great distance too) was out of character.

Assassin
Sun, 05-27-2007, 12:51 PM
ya, it was odd that he didn't send out the other ships first...i can only assume it was cuz he was assured of his victory, and cuz he thought the flying dutchman was still on thier side.

as for him freezing up, i think its cuz he wasn't a military man. He was a lord, which is basically a politician i believe....i dont know british history too well, but i dont think you had to be a naval officer to become a lord. If he had been an admiral, he would've fired, or told the other ships to attack.

Yukimura
Sun, 05-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Just got back from this, I was entertained for the duration, which is all I ask of a movie. There were plenty of questions raised and threads left dangling, but there was enough cohesion to keep the movie together (owing in large part to the fact that the threads were not actually necessary; case in point...ALL THE OTHER PIRATES IN THE BRETHREN COURT). But the main plot worked well enough, pretty much everything important got resolved, and there's plenty of room for another if they so desire. All in all I was quite pleased.

EDIT: Yes the marriage scene was cheesy, however it was worth it because of Barbarossa being hilarious throughout.

RyougaZell
Sun, 05-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Awesome movie. Can't blame people for not liking it. Not everyone has the same patience, or thinks the same.

The only dissapointement I got is that it wasn't available on IMAX because of Spideman3.

Didn't see the scene after the credits... damn...

Carnage
Sun, 05-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Trust me, it wasn't really worth it to see the clip at the end. Especially if you were holding "it" in for 2 hours of the movie. :(

But I thought the movie was great. I can understand how some people wouldn't like it, and I do agree that the "marry me" had cheesiness lv. of 87

But I do hope they make the fourth movie. Johnny Depp is the best.

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-27-2007, 10:01 PM
aside from the fact that elizabeth is the most annoying lead in any trilogy ever (plz kill her), i loved these movies. wish daddy sparrow had a bigger role tho. he was so coooool.

oh and genma sucks :O

RyougaZell
Sun, 05-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Trust me, it wasn't really worth it to see the clip at the end. Especially if you were holding "it" in for 2 hours of the movie. :(

But I thought the movie was great. I can understand how some people wouldn't like it, and I do agree that the "marry me" had cheesiness lv. of 87

But I do hope they make the fourth movie. Johnny Depp is the best.

LOL!!!
yeah... "it" was troublesome.
Won't buy soda next movie I go too... (Order of the Phoenix)

Yukimura
Mon, 05-28-2007, 01:12 AM
@Carnage & Ryoga: Are you two old women? You shouldn't be blaming a movie if you can't hold your own liquids for a mere 3 hours, if it was 12 then you might have something to whine about. I'd advise you both to see a urologist, I heard they've invented a pill now for people with over-active bladders.

?igma
Mon, 05-28-2007, 03:33 AM
I had the same thing :> sat down and noticed I had to pee and I decided I'd hold it..well it wasnt comfortable.

However, you seem a bit agressive on the subject of overactive blatters. You sure they didn't hurt you in the past ? /pat

DB_Hunter
Mon, 05-28-2007, 07:03 AM
Actually the film seemed to fly by for me, probably due to the fact I didn't have to "go".

I think a movie with Jack Sparrow, his crew and Barbosa would be cool. Elizabeth and Will Turner just bring down the quality of the movie.

RyougaZell
Mon, 05-28-2007, 08:31 AM
@Carnage & Ryoga: Are you two old women? You shouldn't be blaming a movie if you can't hold your own liquids for a mere 3 hours, if it was 12 then you might have something to whine about. I'd advise you both to see a urologist, I heard they've invented a pill now for people with over-active bladders.

LOL

Drink a full liter of soda during the first 15 minutes of the movie and we'll talk later Yuki.
Hehe...

mage
Mon, 05-28-2007, 09:21 AM
Pretty good movie. The only parts I didn't like were when Jack was talking to his hallucinations. That was drawn out and boring as fuck.

Carnage
Mon, 05-28-2007, 09:21 AM
@Yuki: If i take a pill I'll feel like one of those idiots from the "gotta go gotta go GOTTA GO!"
commercials.

Yukimura
Mon, 05-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Well before I saw it I had just had 2 12 oz drinks, then I brought in a 32 oz when i got to the movie (it was gone by the time they got Jack back for a total of 1.65 liters) and I didn't go to the bathroom till I got back from the movie, and that was for other reasons. So I have no sympathy for any of you!

Splash!
Mon, 05-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Well before I saw it I had just had 2 12 oz drinks, then I brought in a 32 oz when i got to the movie (it was gone by the time they got Jack back for a total of 1.65 liters) and I didn't go to the bathroom till I got back from the movie, and that was for other reasons. So I have no sympathy for any of you!

OMG! Are you serious? They don't have overactive bladder issues. You must have incredibly slow metabolism. Did you not even feel the need to not go to the washroom at all? :eek: Its not a question of bladder functionality, but bladder overload when thats the case.

RyougaZell
Mon, 05-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Seriously... after the movie I spent about full 3 minutes des-stressing myself while emptying the bladder... Yuki. You have a lot of patience.

Aaaanyway.... wtf happened to Calipso?

Zentron
Mon, 05-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Aaaanyway.... wtf happened to Calipso?She crabbed out!

I just saw it yesterday, but the line was to long at the beverage counter, so I wasn't able to have a drink throught the entire movie! Which is not a good thing for me, I need 6-8 litres of fluids each day... but it was too much fun for me to leave, even through the wierd bits. I was dizzy at the end of it.

Anyhoo, very fun film, best of the trilogy! So then.... who's up for another? ;)

Z

gr3atfull
Tue, 05-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Anyhoo, very fun film, best of the trilogy! So then.... who's up for another? ;)

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/Johnny+Depps+Pirates+vow/Celebs/Bang/ContentPosting.aspx?isfa=1&newsitemid=BSBS76256&feedname=BANG&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc

Pleasseeeeeee!!!! More Johnny Depp:D

Raven
Wed, 05-30-2007, 03:04 AM
Any more movies of this nature will just be cash-cows imo.

Terracosmo
Wed, 05-30-2007, 07:16 AM
thats one cash cow I wouldnt mind!

Testarossa Autodrive
Sat, 06-02-2007, 01:28 AM
I wouldn't be up for another PotC. That's what's so difficult about continuing a story when you could so easily wrap things up at one point (in this case, PotC3). If they do happen to make another movie they would have to construct a different storyline (obviously the fountain of youth deal) and think of a new way to go about it without recycling old material.

dragonrage
Sat, 06-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Yeah, the good thing is that you can make it go either way, prequel or sequel, as there is so much story that can be made from it. I wouldn't mind it going further and seeing the fountain of youth, or it would be good to see why he is a Pirate lord, and why people know his name (and why he owes them all money). It would also be nice to see some young Cutler Beckett.

People also seem to fear and respect his dad.

What he said.

finally saw this movie and it was worth the wait. All i have to say is that i was more than satisfied.

Yukimura
Sat, 06-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Courtesy of Arcness At World's End OST (http://rapidshare.com/files/31576577/Hans_Zimmer-Pirates_Of_The_Caribbean_At_Worlds_End-_OST_-2007-SAW.rar)

hiddenpookie
Sun, 06-03-2007, 09:48 AM
This was a great film! I really enjoyed it the action was the bomb! and for pg-13 it kicked ass