PDA

View Full Version : Sousei no Aquarion: Wings of Betrayal

Munsu
Sat, 03-24-2007, 07:06 AM
Well, the trailer for the new Sousei no Aquarion OVA, called Sousei no Aquarion: Wings of Betrayal, is finally out and it looks like it'll be good:
http://www.aquarion.info/ova/index.html

At the moment, I don't have much information of what the OVA going to be about, but it seems like we'll have a decent dosage of both past and future events. Hopefully we'll learn more about Fudou, since in the TV series we really didn't learn much about him, just saw him talking crap in riddles. Anyways, go check out the trailer, it looks like there'll be plenty of action. I've heard the OVA will be 2 episodes, around 50 minutes each.

Koyuki
Sat, 03-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Nice. The series ended a bit fast. No real conclusion.

Sapphire
Sun, 03-25-2007, 10:25 AM
My fantasies have come true

?igma
Sun, 03-25-2007, 12:55 PM
My fantasies have come true

The way I remember it, aquarion was the worst ever semi-erotic failed NGE clone I've ever watched. It is worse than watching german dubbed movies, period. The first episode was good I guess, but the rest, what a disaster.

Munsu
Sun, 03-25-2007, 12:57 PM
I think you missed how the show is actually a parody with a decent drama and plot to support it.

?igma
Sun, 03-25-2007, 01:23 PM
I think you missed how the show is actually a parody with a decent drama and plot to support it.

parody

In literature, a work in which the style of an author is closely imitated for comic effect or in ridicule. Differing from both burlesque (by the depth of its technical penetration) and travesty (which treats dignified subjects in a trivial manner), parody mercilessly exposes the tricks of manner and thought of its victim and therefore cannot be written without a thorough appreciation of the work it ridicules. Examples date from as early as ancient Greece and occur in nearly all literatures and all periods.

Seems you missed the part where Parody is actually meant to be;

a. Funny
b. Not a very bad shallow semi-drama without absolutely any depth.

Munsu
Sun, 03-25-2007, 01:26 PM
First it doesn't have to be funny to be a parody. Second it was actually funny to some. Not to me, but whatever to each his own. I'm just justifying your "NGE clone" statement.