PDA

View Full Version : Claymore

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Munsu
Mon, 03-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Well, I read the manga for this series so I'm just going to quote a review I did for it in the manga section, with a bit of edits:

Claymore

This is the manga I've been reading lately, and I really like it. Great sword action for those of you that like that. At the moment there hasn't been much plot, just character development, but it has been pretty good thus far. I really like the art style, especially the way the mangaka draws the faces (same mangaka as Angel Densetsu). The world is one filled with Yomas (monsters) and there's an organization that trains people to kill them, Claymores. Claymores are the only ones with the skills and strength necessary to kill the Yomas. Who are these Claymores? That's the question that the manga/anime will answer as it goes along. At the moment, they are an unknown identity which commoners know as Silver-Eyed Witches. The story will follow a Claymore in particular called Clare. There's lots of action, and there's no censorship as far as I can see. The mangaka is not afraid to cut-off a couple of ams, legs, and heads.

http://www.j-claymore.com/

Some screenshots I just found (and the reason for creating the thread):
http://ga.sbcr.jp/news/0702/099/index.html

Anyways, the anime starts on April 4, wait for it.

Ryllharu
Mon, 03-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Saw the screenshots, now I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Can't wait for the next volume of the manga either.

Munsu
Mon, 03-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Hopefully they realize that the story doesn't fit on a 26 episode series, and they don't fuck it up like Black Cat. Also good to see that the violence is still there.

Kraco
Mon, 03-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Ho... This looks like a series certainly worth watching, based on the description and those few shots. It's always a good sign graphical censoring is not in place, because that also potentially means a shift, at least a partial one, from shounen towards seinen. And that of course means lots of things.

I'm going to check this out. Thanks for the heads-up, Bud.

animus
Mon, 03-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Hmmm, is it me or does the anime not really capture the gritty looking art from the manga totally?

Munsu
Mon, 03-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Can't really say much from those screecaps, they don't show much.

Idealistic
Wed, 03-21-2007, 05:29 AM
I'm always into these sword-fighting things.... It looks and sounds quite interesting.. But like Munsu says.. Can't really tell much from the screenshots so will just have to wait and see!

dark maginn
Wed, 03-21-2007, 06:14 AM
ya you cant but the screenshot do catch my attention...

Munsu
Mon, 03-26-2007, 06:56 AM
Here's a video from the Tokyo Anime Fair:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQaviD8xYB0

Beware of possible spoilers, as some scenes seem from beyond episode 1.

I don't like watching RAWs, even less discussing them, but I just had to see how they were adapting this series. There will be no spoilers in this post.

I thought the first episode was pretty good, and the adaptation seems to be closely following the manga so far. The first episode was mainly 2 chapters of the manga combined, chapters 1 and 3. From the next episode it looks like it'll be mostly chapter 4, and probably combine it with some elements of chapter 2.

So, so far I'm pleased with the adaptation. Not sure what to think of the VAs or the music yet, they'll probably grow on me.

I can see many people being putoff by the first episode, especially because of some dullness in the characters etc. But the story will really improve as it progresses, so bare with it for now. There's currently 11 volumes (ongoing) of content, so you bet your ass there's plenty of room for character and story development.

Munsu
Wed, 04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Sorry for the triple post, but out by Eclipse:
http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2001%20(h264)%20%5bC1757870%5d.mkv.torrent

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-04-2007, 03:03 PM
A good introductory episode. Pretty much everything I expected from the series.

Good fights, great sound effects, and excessive amount of blood I got used to in the manga.

itadakimasu
Wed, 04-04-2007, 09:18 PM
pretty sweet first episode... i will be keeping an eye on it to see how it develops.

TheBladeChild
Wed, 04-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Hmm women in armor, reminds me of Saber. Gotta check this series out.

Everon
Thu, 04-05-2007, 02:09 AM
[Eclipse] Claymore 01.mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2001%20(h264)%20%5bC1757870%5d.mkv.torrent)

[Eclipse] Claymore 01.avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2001%20(XviD)%20%5bEAB5EFF5%5d.avi.torrent)

Off to see how it compares to the manga.

Munsu
Thu, 04-05-2007, 07:37 AM
You're a bit late Everon... already posted the first episode one day ago.

Come on people, start watching the new series... This and Gurren-Lagann were both good.

animus
Thu, 04-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Mmmm, feels like so much was left out. I also didn't like Raki's VA either.

Munsu
Thu, 04-05-2007, 08:52 AM
What are you talking about... almost nothing was left out. They only skipped a chapter, but I'm pretty sure that they'll use its contents in the next episode. It was an almost flawless adaptation.

animus
Thu, 04-05-2007, 10:01 AM
It was good, but maybe it's just me. It just felt jumpy or rushed. I thought the beginning of the development for Raki and Claire was longer and more intricate in the manga. Oh well, I guess it was just me.

Munsu
Thu, 04-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Na', you're right in that account... The anime did have a fast pace at some points. But I think this is a good thing, the early chapters weren't very engaging so I think the anime did a good thing as to get the interest of the viewers.

I myself am hoping for the anime to be split into various seasons/series. Slow down the pace a bit, go for a good 26 episode season, then take a break.

Knives122
Thu, 04-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Come on people, start watching the new series... This and Gurren-Lagann were both good.

I'm watching the series, I just very rarely say anything about it until the second ep. most of the time.

Chaos
Thu, 04-05-2007, 01:55 PM
I really liked the first episode, the op/end themes and animation were both good. Looking forward to episode 2.

kooshi
Thu, 04-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Certainly a great introduction to the series. The character seems interesting enough and I really love the setting. Plus, the Claymore girl has a huge freaking sword, hahaha.
I really hope that this is going to turn out to be a great series.

Sandldan
Fri, 04-06-2007, 07:27 AM
Just saw the first episode was pretty intense. A very nice first impression enjoyed the mood, animation and style. Will definitely be following this serie

reminisc
Fri, 04-06-2007, 10:24 AM
reminds me a lot of berserk

?igma
Fri, 04-06-2007, 10:42 AM
reminds me a lot of berserk

And therfore it should be great :>..even though most people crack it down, I loved Berserk, even the ending.

complich8
Fri, 04-06-2007, 11:09 AM
I heartily enjoyed the first episode, and will continue watching this series.

Board of Command
Fri, 04-06-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm a believer.

Assassin
Sat, 04-07-2007, 01:17 AM
indeed, that was a very good first ep. action packed with lots of blood, and good animation. Hopefully this series will give me what tmgk couldn't.

masamuneehs
Sat, 04-07-2007, 02:00 AM
mildly entertained me.
classic premise and character set-up. standard animation, good action, interesting music. i'm not going to start singing praises just yet though... let's see what the storyline is like first... good enough to keep watching, that's for sure

so far the best thing is how smart and resourceful the Yoma are.

Assassin
Sat, 04-07-2007, 02:35 AM
so far the best thing is how smart and resourceful the Yoma are.

Ya its refreshing to see that they're not just mindless animals or grunts.

nests
Sun, 04-08-2007, 01:47 AM
Nice episode I'll give it 5 episodes to see where is going?
Does anyone here read the manga I would like to ask a few things?

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-08-2007, 07:38 AM
A lot of us apparently read the manga, since there are a couple of comments illustrating their like or dislike of the adaptation.

I only read the english scanlations, if that's good enough, you can send me a PM. I'm not going to spoil in this thread.

(I'd rather not spoil it for you either, but if you are going to ask for it yourself, I will provide any information I can give.)

Aeon
Sun, 04-08-2007, 10:43 AM
I watched the first ep and really liked it, reminded me of Tokko which makes it full of win.

MFauli
Sun, 04-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Great start so far.
Clare looks sexy and is awsome, the boy gives the right portion of sympathy.

TheBladeChild
Tue, 04-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Certainly a great introduction to the series. The character seems interesting enough and I really love the setting. Plus, the Claymore girl has a huge freaking sword, hahaha.
I really hope that this is going to turn out to be a great series.

A Claymore is a sword.

This show also reminds me of Berserk, granted its not as violent(yet). I like the animation style, seems to diverge from they typical drawing style from the more recent action animes. Havent read the manga but I keep hearing that the show doesnt fit the typical 26 episode format, hope they can adapt well.:)

Church
Tue, 04-10-2007, 12:22 PM
A Claymore is a sword.

Or a directional anti-personnel mine... but I guess that's not what this show had in mind.
Either way you don't want to be in its way.

The series is interesting, though it does sort of fall into the generic fantasy anime series catagory so far, I'll give it a couple more eps before I decide. I might pick up the manga too.

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Just remember, the beginning is the slow part of the series. This series has tons of mysteries piled onto it.

Think of the ones we can think about from just the first episode:

-How many youmas are in the world hidden as humans, where do they come from?
-How exactly are the Claymores made? How does their organization work?
-Why are all the Claymores female?
-Is Raki completely worthless?
-Where do the other Claymores in the OP come into this series with Clare?

These are just some of the few. I hope that episode two will inspire even more questions like these.

complich8
Tue, 04-10-2007, 12:47 PM
-Why are all the Claymores female?
Because insane hanyou chicks with giantass swords are hawt.

-Is Raki completely worthless?
Apparently he can cook, right?

but yeah, the other questions are good and mysterious :)

animus
Tue, 04-10-2007, 12:59 PM
He's Claire's shota boytoy.

Yukimura
Wed, 04-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Claymore - 02 out
[Eclipse] Claymore - 02 H264 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2002%20(h264)%20%5b7D99A30B%5d.mkv.torrent)
[Eclipse] Claymore - 02 XviD (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2002%20(XviD)%20%5b3B883489%5d.avi.torrent)

Kraco
Wed, 04-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Episode 2 h264 - Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2002%20(h264)%20%5b7D99A30B%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 2 xvid - Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2002%20(XviD)%20%5b3B883489%5d.avi.torrent)

The first two episodes were very promising. I can't say Raki's uselessness would really appeal to me, but I'm more than willing to give him more episodes to grow some spine. After all, if he continues like this for much longer, I can't see him surviving for very long. And of course the Claymore organization dude already chatted with him a little, so who knows, he might find himself with more (and more interesting) options in the future.

Anyway, this looks just like my kind of series in many respects. Mystery and cool characters, very heavy fatefulness, like the second episode demonstrated forcefully enough. Maybe Clare tries to fight against her looming lost of control by keeping a genuine human around, constantly reminding her of her original half.

Psyke
Wed, 04-11-2007, 08:54 AM
With all the praise you guys are giving to this series, I just have to download and take a look. But women with big swords have never been my kinda thing really. Still...... *clicks*

TheBladeChild
Wed, 04-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Anyone dl the Froth-Bite ver? Im just wondering if the they have better quality

Knives122
Wed, 04-11-2007, 07:15 PM
With all the praise you guys are giving to this series, I just have to download and take a look. But women with big swords have never been my kinda thing really. Still...... *clicks*

Don't be like that Psyke, they're wearing tight clothes. Isn't that enough?

Psyke
Thu, 04-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Don't be like that Psyke, they're wearing tight clothes. Isn't that enough?

Well guess what..... I've just watched the first 2 episodes...... and I think I'm in love. :o

Aeon
Sat, 04-14-2007, 12:05 AM
The first two episodes were very promising. I can't say Raki's uselessness would really appeal to me, but I'm more than willing to give him more episodes to grow some spine. After all, if he continues like this for much longer, I can't see him surviving for very long.
Look at 3:18 of episode 2, look's like he won't be useless for long. That or he's just carrying that around to catch lizard's like Claire did.

Yukimura
Sat, 04-14-2007, 03:23 AM
I noticed that squire sword too. If the story does follow this particular cliche then he'll likely try to become a warrior to fight in Claire's stead so she won't turn into a Yoma as quickly. Claire might just indulge him, since I think she's trying to hold on to her humanity through interacting with him. I doubt he'll amount to much as a fighter, but if episode 2's emotional outburst was the start of a trend then it will be interesting to see more instances of Claire completely ignoring his pleas for her to be more soft and idealistic.

Ryllharu
Sat, 04-14-2007, 08:15 AM
I really fail to see how Raki could side against her on that one. Elena was obviously in pain, and it seems like one of the worst things a Claymore can suffer is turning into what they are charged to hunt.

Was Clare hurt by having to do that? She was shocked in getting the card, and emotionless as she did it, but I think she was glad to give that kind of mercy to her closest friend.

Kraco
Wed, 04-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Let the two-handed sword do the talking - it has a louder voice:

Episode 3 h264 - Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2003%20(h264)%20%5b46B77D17%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 3 xvid - Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2003%20(XviD)%20%5b846EE465%5d.avi.torrent)

KitKat
Wed, 04-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Good episode, definitely my favourite so far. I was especially glad to see Clare wearing something other than the ugly one-piece jumper with armor accessories that she usually wears. The fighting in this episode was really top-notch too. It was a more engaging battle than the short skirmishes with the Yoma have been so far. I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

Munsu
Wed, 04-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I'm happy with the adpatation of this series so far. The art is better than the manga, even though I love the art in the manga (not many do), especially for the character designs.

This episode was well done, and we're approaching the episode where I believe people will start to see a bit of greatness in the series. So if anyone is still doubtful, I would watch at least up to episode 5 or 6 and then decide to drop it or not.

I don't know about you guys, but that Father Vincent is spooky and sneaky, I wonder why in the previews we saw a Father sorrounded by soldiers, it would be very ironic that one of them is actually a Yoma.

We also got introduced to the Voracious Eaters, so now we know that these Yoma's have "levels" or ranks, and there's are some that are much stronger than others.

Kraco
Thu, 04-19-2007, 01:57 AM
That father himself looks like a Yoma, for sure. I suppose it's not him, though, because people who look evil and ugly normally don't turn out to be the actual monsters in mystery cases, but he certainly looked suspicious.

One thing I'm also looking forward to it is whether Clare will become honest to herself or not. Now she keeps saying she doesn't care about others and how she's generally not a nice person, but time after time she goes out of her way to save others even if it means harm will befall her instead. It could be just a way for her to try to keep her distance to Raki, but I have a feeling that's not it entirely.

In any case, I do see greatness in this series already.

Darknodin
Thu, 04-19-2007, 12:45 PM
impressive animation in this ep... Clare is an interesting character, however, i don't see how this could possibly end well for her (the series i mean).

Yukimura
Thu, 04-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Here's a happy ending scenario, there's some conspiricy involving Yoma which involves Claires organization, Claire finds out, beats everyone up, stops Yoma forever and then lives happily ever after with her 'little brother' Raki.

I don't think it's likely that some terrible thing will happen in the end, but there's always the chance.

animus
Thu, 04-19-2007, 01:28 PM
There's a much bigger overshadowing behind-the-scenes plot in the manga. And even in the manga it's only begun to be revealed.

Kraco
Thu, 04-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Well, that guy from the Claymore organization certainly looks shady enough for any manner of plot, no matter how vile and nefarious, so in that respect anything would be possible. And obviously there must be some link between the organization and Yoma, because they are able to fabricate the hybrids. And furthermore it benefits the organization the Yoma are roaming the lands, because fighting them is a good source of income for them.

KitKat
Thu, 04-19-2007, 03:14 PM
That father himself looks like a Yoma, for sure. I suppose it's not him, though, because people who look evil and ugly normally don't turn out to be the actual monsters in mystery cases, but he certainly looked suspicious.
I also thought he bore a striking resemblance to that Yoma. Mostly in the shape of the eyes and head. Maybe as such a sly and long-lived Yoma he was becoming bored with killing normal humans and wanted to fight a Claymore to test his skill, and so suggested calling for one.

The representative from the Claymore organization creeps me out a bit. Somehow, I'm not convinced that he's just a normal human himself. For the organization to have developed something like those pills he gave Clare, that looks like high-level R&D, and in anime like this, human experimentation is always a possibility.

Board of Command
Thu, 04-19-2007, 10:04 PM
OH NOES!!!1

Clare got impaled :(

Darknodin
Thu, 04-19-2007, 10:38 PM
OH NOES!!!1

Clare got impaled :(

actually... the show ends there. Claire is dead and everyone in the town is gonna get eaten including Raki... I was right in saying the show would end badly!

darkshadow
Fri, 04-20-2007, 07:01 PM
I don't know about you guys, but that Father Vincent is spooky and sneaky, I wonder why in the previews we saw a Father sorrounded by soldiers, it would be very ironic that one of them is actually a Yoma.

Father Vincent seems to have a classic case of "pope zera" to me, anyone who played grandia 2 should know what i mean :P.

Anyway, this series really rox, gives me that castlevania vibe.

Psyke
Sat, 04-21-2007, 10:09 AM
I enjoyed this episode as much as the first 2, but I was surprised and a little disappointed that Clare saved the 2 humans who were chasing after her. Out of character considering the fact the she's making all those excuses while taking Raki along in her journey.

edit: spelling mistake

Honoko
Sat, 04-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Well, that's part of her job, isn't it? To protect humans from yoma. Having Raki tag along is what's more out of character, despite the excuses.

Psyke
Sat, 04-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Yes, protect the humans, but only for her organisation. She doesn't really like humans the way I see it. Still, being the main character so far it's only natural for her to show a more humane side. Predictably, it's something she'll definately stuggle with and get into trouble for in the near future.

Kraco
Wed, 04-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Human or not, getting impaled still gotta hurt. Let's see how much:

Episode 4 h264 - Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2004%20(h264)%20%5bE03FA67D%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 4 xvid - Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2004%20(XviD)%20%5b84DEB594%5d.avi.torrent)

Edit: An interesting episode. It was nice how this yoma, and thus possibly the ones in the future, are not just stupid monsters but actually seem to have some wits and serious strength. Of course Clare let herself be compromised by protecting the mundane people, but you could also say that was part of the situation and thus unavoidable.

Still, the happenings in this arc could also be viewed to have just happened for the brief scene of Clare's yoma transformation be interrupted by... Something Raki initiated. Who knows what it was. Perhaps the Claymores are much more prone to turn into yoma when they human side is filled with negative thoughts and feelings and despair (since you could assume those are closer to the yoma world). Still, there seemed to be quite a forceful and powerful purification, with the flash of light and shock wave, so who knows what it was.

Interesting nonetheless. And it was nice how Raki got the sword. Maybe he will even learn how to use it. And buy a scabbard in the next town, since that didn't seem to have been a part of the bargain...

Munsu
Wed, 04-25-2007, 11:37 AM
They left out an fun scene at the end of the episode from the manga. The knives throwing dude got infatuated with Clare and gave her a frenchie... then Raki goes and kicks him in the nuts. Not really important, but it would've been fun to see animated.

Nice action packed episode otherwise, and from the preview it seems we're entering one of my favorite arcs, the arc that made many manga readers see a lot of potential in the series.

Death13a
Wed, 04-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I kinda wondering how Raki wasn't even scrached by yoma's energy while Glare was pushed away?

Munsu
Wed, 04-25-2007, 01:48 PM
And you're reffering to... when?

Death13a
Wed, 04-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Between 19:18and 19:45.

Munsu
Wed, 04-25-2007, 02:13 PM
First, it's not really detailed what was actually happening. Second, it seems that the Yoki is actually sorrounding Clare and Raki. Third, Clare is embracing and protecting Raki.

Kraco
Wed, 04-25-2007, 03:12 PM
It didn't even look like proper yoki anymore. I think normally yoki has a sickly colour, but this looked quite bright and white, which lead me to believe it was purified somehow. Granted, there was the shock wave, but like Bud said, they were perhaps like in the calm eye of the hurricane.

Yukimura
Wed, 04-25-2007, 09:21 PM
A noticed a few script errors :( that's rare for Eclipse. Anyway, the episoe was pretty nifty, though there were several things that made it seem unrealistic...even for an anime. DS managed to dispell the strangeness of Raki grabbing a sword by the blade and waving it around, but Galk's missing chest cavity + some bandages shouldn't add up to him walking around and tossing swords to Raki...or breathing.

Next ep has the smiling Claymore in it so that can't be bad. Maybe she'll take a liking to Raki and offer to make a man out of him.

masamuneehs
Sun, 04-29-2007, 10:20 AM
caught up, pleasantly content with it so far. I like the idea of the Black Card and the explanation behind Claymores is quite good. Should be interesting to find out exactly how the half-Youma part merges with them and why it only works on women.

The guy from the organization is super shady... I too wouldn't be surprised if somehow the organization is behind Youma appearances, sending in Claymores when asked and collecting the pay. Seems like alot of effort to run a con business, but who knows...

I don't mind Raki yet... yet...

I was very happy when the Youma in episode 4 stopped snarling and finally started showing some intelligence. The animation is good (although quite dark in many scenes, maybe too dark for my tastes...) but I don't find these kinds of fights compelling unless they've got an edge of strategy or wit in them.

Tentacles, big swords, impaling but not fatally, surge of demon power, struggle to control the evil power inside. Sure those things can look cool and also be pretty intriguing the first couple times you see them, but after awhile it = Yawn.

i'm looking for this show to set itself apart. I'm enjoying it, but I don't think it's anything fantastic.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-29-2007, 10:37 AM
I never really cared for the holy city arc. I found it somewhat lackluster. Though it showed a very different side to the Claymores, investigation and fitting in with regular people in order to do that, there's nothing that really strikes it as special. It's just a slightly more violent than average Youma in a city where everyone is even more against the Claymore's presence than usual. Clare almost losing it was done really well. They were able to convey the surge of energy really well.

I'm really looking forward to the next arc. They've shown a name of another Claymore, Teresa, and she'll have a much larger role than Elena.

Teresa is actually my favorite character from the manga.

Kraco
Wed, 05-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Show us, then, thy deadly smile, Teresa:

Episode 5 h264 - Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2005%20(h264)%20%5bDE73454F%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 5 xvid - Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2005%20(XviD)%20%5bABACAC9E%5d.avi.torrent)

Edit: This episode certainly explained one fundamental thing: Why Clare took Raki with her. Rather interesting rule there, as well. Surely might make the life a bit more troublesome in a chaotic world like that, although it's easy to see why the rule is there.

Well, I'm not the greatest fan of flashbacks in general and it looks like this isn't nearly over yet, but at least it was interesting even if it didn't end up adding anything to the current plot (whatever that might be), aside from backstory elements.

Death13a
Wed, 05-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Well, I'm not the greatest fan of flashbacks in general and it looks like this isn't nearly over yet, but at least it was interesting even if it didn't end up adding anything to the current plot (whatever that might be), aside from backstory elements.

Actually it beginning of series' plot and it should take 2 or 3 more episodes. I really like Teresa she looks like regular human when killing Yomas.

Board of Command
Wed, 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Interesting development here. I have a feeling Clare will kill Teresa later on, judging from the OP/ED.

nests
Thu, 05-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Ok after 5 episodes I have decided to keep watching this series I like the pace of it

Psyke
Thu, 05-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Great episode, and nice pacing with the little touches, such as Teresa explaining about the origin of the names. Can't wait for the next episode.

UChessmaster
Sun, 05-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Just started watching the series, it looks good, i wonder if Clare will end up as a Yoma in the end... :confused:

Idealistic
Sun, 05-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Just started watching the series, it looks good, i wonder if Clare will end up as a Yoma in the end... :confused:

Hmmm... I'm going to vote no because she has Raki, and as we've seen in episode 4, Raki will probably be the reason Clare stays human.

Having human emotions will be what really distinguishes Clare from the other Claymores. Usually how the main characters are.

Yukimura
Tue, 05-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Finally saw episode 5, and wow Teresa was awesome...kicking an abused little girl in the face with no remorse whatsoever, that's was frigid on a whole new level.

Anyway I don't think it was ever mentioned that this was a flashback in the anime at least. When the little girls name was revealed I figured this was either a flashback or Teresa knew our Clare already and was somehow reminded of her by this new little girl. While her face looks similar in profile, Little Clare's hair and eye color don't match big Clare's when she's on those normalcy pills so I was a little skeptical. If it does turn out to be a flashback I think that might end up just being a plot hole.

Munsu
Tue, 05-08-2007, 06:33 PM
No reason for it to be a plot hole... those pills doesn't necessarily change the person back to their previous appearance, we don't know what changes happened to Clare when she became a Claymore. Maybe all Claymore that take the pill get the same eye color and hair color that Clare got when she took it.

Episode 6:
http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2006%20(h264)%20%5b6E81B63F%5d.mkv.torrent

Kraco
Wed, 05-09-2007, 02:42 PM
These history lessons certainly reveal why Clare acts like she does with Raki, especially after this episode. Not only did Teresa allow her to follow but it seems she sacrificed herself for Clare's sake. Or damned herself, which probably is the same thing. Yet after the happenings in this episode it will also be intriguing to learn how Clare ended up a Claymore, herself. Maybe against her will. Still, with the personality change going along with the transformation, it might not really matter how the subject feels about it beforehand.

Idealistic
Wed, 05-09-2007, 04:42 PM
No reason for it to be a plot hole... those pills doesn't necessarily change the person back to their previous appearance, we don't know what changes happened to Clare when she became a Claymore. Maybe all Claymore that take the pill get the same eye color and hair color that Clare got when she took it.

Episode 6:
http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2006%20(h264)%20%5b6E81B63F%5d.mkv.torrent

is there an .avi version?

Kraco
Wed, 05-09-2007, 05:20 PM
is there an .avi version?

Episode 6 xvid - Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2006%20(XviD)%20%5bDB5ABE8C%5d.avi.torrent) <- t3h avi version.

Knives122
Wed, 05-09-2007, 08:57 PM
When in any of the two episodes say they were flashback eps?

I seriously must be missing something here.(I guess I should go read the manga or something)

animus
Wed, 05-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Did you not notice in episode 5, where Teresa went "Your name shall be Clare"? That shoulda been a mental trigger that it was a flashback of Clare's past.

Knives122
Wed, 05-09-2007, 10:15 PM
I thought that was just because the little girls name was clare just out of coincidence. That op. sent wrong messages.

Kraco
Thu, 05-10-2007, 02:08 AM
I guess that's theoretically possible. I haven't read the manga, so I have no 100% proof these are flashbacks, but I believe they are based on three facts: The girls looks like Clare, it explains why she differs from the Claymore general norm by taking care of Raki, and I just think it would be strange plot writing to suddenly switch to totally different characters with no links to the main characters, and moreover even give one of the new ones the same names as the main character has. For me these circumstantial evidences are enough.

If these aren't flashbacks, then the only way out would be to have our Claymore Clare be one of those 2nd to 5th people sent after Teresa's life in this ep. But personally I believe the history of those two was different, perhaps more cruel or perhaps just otherwise more dramatic.

Munsu
Thu, 05-10-2007, 05:37 AM
I don't know, it would be really wierd having another character with the same name as the Hero.

Or maybe young Clare will die somehow, and the Teresa will meat our Clare later on, and feel compassion for her and take her under her wing.

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-10-2007, 07:19 AM
If these aren't flashbacks, then the only way out would be to have our Claymore Clare be one of those 2nd to 5th people sent after Teresa's life in this ep. But personally I believe the history of those two was different, perhaps more cruel or perhaps just otherwise more dramatic.
Assuming this is a flashback, this brings up a good point. We've only seen other one other Claymore in combat (Teresa), and we don't really know the total, but is there any speculation on what present-day Clare's rank is?

My guess is the low 20's (Assuming there's about 50 Claymores).

Idealistic
Thu, 05-10-2007, 07:25 AM
Episode 6 xvid - Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2006%20(XviD)%20%5bDB5ABE8C%5d.avi.torrent) <- t3h avi version.

ty... going to burn these to dvd and nero can only burn .avi's.

I also believe these are flashbacks similar to what people have said. The girl's name is Clare and she looks just like the present Clare.

Which makes me wonder though about the present.. They might have killed Teresa and captured Clare and turned her into a Claymore?

When Teresa asked what they were going to do with Clare after she was about to get killed, the guy in the hood said it wasn't any of her concerns. The plan is probably to make Clare a Claymore. Teresa will die trying to protect Clare so that she can live on as a human.... And die as a human. Unfortunately, I don't think she was successful in saving her considering Clare is a Claymore now....

Assassin
Mon, 05-14-2007, 12:45 AM
ep 6 makes the end of ep 4 easier to understand....the whoel thing with raki hugging clare and stopping her from going yoma, and how teresa says "you just wanted to hold me like you wish someone had held you" or something to that effect.

Im really liking this terea story arc. her character is badass. obviously i think its a flashback as well..it just makes sense. the matchign names, the exact same history as raki (parents killed by yoma, shunned from the village), and the compassion towards drifters/followers.

I can't wait to see what happened to teresa/clare. Seems like teresa will be the main villian/antagonist for the first major arc.

Kraco
Wed, 05-16-2007, 10:03 AM
The story of the smiling villain continues:

Episode 7 h264 - Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2007%20(h264)%20%5bCBD52FA8%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 7 xvid - Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2007%20(XviD)%20%5b0C04E843%5d.avi.torrent)

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Great visuals during the fights. I especially liked the way they animated Irene's Quick sword. It's mostly action so other than being impressed by the visuals and Teresa's unrivaled combat abilities, there's not too much to discuss.

What I really like about Claymore is how many prominent seiyuu they get to play the various Claymores. It makes for a fun memory game while we watch. Kawasumi Ayako back in episode 2, and now Megumi Toyoguchi (Revy, Winry), Junko Takeuchi (immediately recognizable from her role as Naruto), and even Aya Hisakawa as Priscilla.

Anyone recognize Irene's seiyuu?

animus
Wed, 05-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Didn't recognize her, but looked her up. Apparently she did the voice of Conan Edogawa, in Detective Conan. The first time I heard Teresa's voice I knew who it was. The seiyuu of FMA's Edward, Bleach's Toushiro and many others. I didn't think the seiyuu for Priscilla really fit her face, but I guess it did kinda fit with her righteous attitude about protecting the rules of the Organization.

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Ah, now I recognize Irene's seiyuu as Nabiki Tendo from Ranma. I've never seen Detective Conan. I couldn't be happier Romi Park is playing Teresa, she is perfect for the role. The way she plays Teresa reminds me a lot of the way she plays Nana (during the non-comedic parts of NANA).

As for Priscilla, of course her righteous attitude fits, she's a former Sailor Scout! (Mercury)

Assassin
Wed, 05-16-2007, 05:23 PM
friggin awesome episode. but what i dont get is, why do they all have names. didn't clare say in the first (or second) ep that claymores didn't have names...that thier symbol was thier name.

I suppose they're just using thier pre-claymore, human names, but its still kinda wierd.

Cant wait for next weeks up...looks like teresa is finally gonna release her powers.

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Each Claymore is assigned a symbol, and like a name it uniquely identifies them. If the first episode, Clare refused to tell Raki her name at first because it wasn't important, and he'd most likely never see her again. In the second episode, Clare elaborated on the symbols when she received Elena's Black Card remarking that they were a unique identifier, but immediately said Elena's name. As said in that episode, black cards are given the the one who will kill you, and one who recognizes the symbol and name.

Claymores identify each other by name and Number (and symbol). The higher ranking ones especially seem to know the Numbers, names, and symbols of all those that are near them in the rankings. The other ones may learn the names associated with the number (and symbol) as they meet each other or during training at the Organization. They've always called each other by name, and all the black cloaked men call them by name as well.

NeoBear
Wed, 05-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Assuming this is a flashback, this brings up a good point. We've only seen other one other Claymore in combat (Teresa), and we don't really know the total, but is there any speculation on what present-day Clare's rank is?

My guess is the low 20's (Assuming there's about 50 Claymores).

im not so sure its a flashback at the end of episode two Clare says herself that Elena was her only friend her whole life, so that kinda makes it sound as if she never met/rembers Teresa? also Teresa's Clare doesnt relly look anything like the grown up Clare.

in any case it was pretty cool and Teresa is badass =O

shinta|hikari
Wed, 05-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Of course its a flashback. They cant really just not show the main character for like 3 episodes now, and like everyone else said, the similar things are too many to be classified as coincidence.

She probably said that since she thought of theresa as family or a parent/sister figure rather than a friend, which makes sense considering the nature of their relationship.

Idealistic
Wed, 05-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Wow... Very nice episode. I liked the fighting as well.

Seems like next episode Teresa is going to unleash her yoma powers to fight against the 4 of them.

Honoko
Wed, 05-16-2007, 11:57 PM
I thought the whole name thing just revolved around trying to prevent humans from creating relationships with Claymores, that's why Clare was so hesitant about letting Raki know more about her in the first place.

Yukimura
Thu, 05-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Wow another fantastic episode, and I'm glad they are sticking to this storyline, since the main one isn't as interesting. With the Claymore vs Clay element we get to learn about both sides of the battle and gain perspective on the specific charachters, with the Clare stuff it wass just Clare beats up the one-dimensional Yoma and then hangs out with Raki developing their relationship.

The battles looked excellent this time around, andI liked the explanation of why Teresa is the best, it's much like the Master Chief in Halo, even though she's not the best at any particular thing she's got the best head on her shoulders for dealing with anything. I can't wait to see if she goes Yoma mode to combat the other four. (While that scene with them all releasing their powers around her was cool it felt so DBZ that I just had to laugh out loud)

animus
Thu, 05-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Wow another fantastic episode, and I'm glad they are sticking to this storyline, since the main one isn't as interesting. With the Claymore vs Clay element we get to learn about both sides of the battle and gain perspective on the specific charachters, with the Clare stuff it wass just Clare beats up the one-dimensional Yoma and then hangs out with Raki developing their relationship.

The battles looked excellent this time around, andI liked the explanation of why Teresa is the best, it's much like the Master Chief in Halo, even though she's not the best at any particular thing she's got the best head on her shoulders for dealing with anything. I can't wait to see if she goes Yoma mode to combat the other four. (While that scene with them all releasing their powers around her was cool it felt so DBZ that I just had to laugh out loud)

Master Chief is a dude I'm pretty sure, though we never see his face. You must've watched Haloid (which was kickass) :p

Yukimura
Thu, 05-17-2007, 04:50 PM
It seems I was misunderstood, I was talking about Teresa with all the 'she''s in the second paragraph. I probably should have written "I liked the explanation of why Teresa is the best, because she is much like the master chief in Halo, even though she's etc". I meant to draw similarites between Teresa not being the best at any particular application of Yoma power but being the best at understanding the application and John-117's not being the best at any particular application among the SPARTAN-II's but being the best On-the-foot thinker of how to handle a situation.

animus
Thu, 05-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah I see, I did misunderstand. Maybe it was the sentence structure that got me or I just read blindy XD

NeoBear
Fri, 05-18-2007, 04:40 AM
It seems I was misunderstood, I was talking about Teresa with all the 'she''s in the second paragraph. I probably should have written "I liked the explanation of why Teresa is the best, because she is much like the master chief in Halo, even though she's etc". I meant to draw similarites between Teresa not being the best at any particular application of Yoma power but being the best at understanding the application and John-117's not being the best at any particular application among the SPARTAN-II's but being the best On-the-foot thinker of how to handle a situation.

the MC is the best for quit a few reasons most of all being all the other spartins died, the books are great, buy the way the idea of how the MC was created makes you understand hes not just some badass in a green suit.

well he is a badass but there are very real reasons why =O

Ryllharu
Fri, 05-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Enough off-topic talk. Teresa >>>>> anyone else in anything else. period. Granted, I doubt she'll ever singlehandedly blow up an alien starship, but you can imagine she could if she released her yoma energy.

End of discussion. :)

Sandldan
Wed, 05-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Episode 8 by Eclipse

Claymore 8 h264 Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2008%20(h264)%20%5b3E1F4D19%5d.mkv.torrent)
Claymore 8 XviD Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2008%20(XviD)%20%5b745E9180%5d.avi.torrent)

NeoBear
Wed, 05-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Damn that was a shock i mean i dont know what to say that was a cold way to go out.

Elyne
Wed, 05-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Don't really have much to say, except that they do a good job going from manga to anime on this one, Imo they'ved managed to keep the suspense and I really liked how they portaited Priscilla. I don't remember Noel and Sophia getting stabbed in the eye in the manga, but I don't really mind it.. Nice to see a anime that is a bit more violent then what I usually watch.

Also possible one of the best flashback stories I've seen.

Kraco
Wed, 05-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Considering this episode I really wouldn't anymore put it past the Claymore organization to in fact be itself giving birth to the problem they are providing the answer to. After all, in this arc they effectively created a super monster just to bring down their best soldier who broke the rules under clearly mitigating circumstances (not to mention they lost all of their top 5 claymores in the process...). All in all, it must be a wicked organization, which considers its members expendable. Very intriguing! I hope we will soon learn more of it.

An excellent episode and a really shocking end to the arc, to be sure. Although of course I was expecting something this shocking, just had no idea what form it would take.

kAi
Wed, 05-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah, it's funny how that if they had just let Teresa go, they wouldn't have an awakened being and still had numbers 2-5. So, they've just created another problem for them to deal with and now need to replenish their ranks with weaker fighters until some more come out, which obviously do.

Teresa was really powerful, would've been good to see if she hadn't been off guard.

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-23-2007, 01:06 PM
I was surprised how many of you thought Teresa was going to come back as a villain. Instead, she pays the price for granting her opponents the mercy they deserve. Teresa truly was the strongest Claymore in every way. I'm still shocked at how swift Teresa's end was.

Death13a
Wed, 05-23-2007, 01:08 PM
I loved the 'innocent' Pricilla and way execution was done . AND background music rocked!!!! it was so in the mood.

Assassin
Wed, 05-23-2007, 03:20 PM
omg noooooooooooooooooooo! teresaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :'(

man, i hated and loved ths episode. when priscilla jerks her hand towards her sword, i thoguht she was throwing it away...and then you see teresa standing there missing both hands. it was such a shock.....i loved how it was an instant kill, instead of dragging it out to a battle, where you know the outcome already. this was a total surprise to me...i really thought teresa would've been a major part of the 'present' storyline.

Wonder why priscilla didn't eat clare....necessary plot device i guess. I loved her speech though, just after she transforms. "i want to tear open the stomachs of living humans, plunge my head into thier blood-filled intestines, leave no trace of meat behind"....that is fucked up on so many levels.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 05-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Teresa was indeed strongest in almost every way, except for maybe the most important part if you want to be a surviving claymore, which is heartlessness.

Yet Im glad she died because of what she chose to become, rather than losing in a real contest of strength. If she had any regrets, it would probably be leaving clare alone, for I think she would not regret learning compassion even if it did cost her life.

The other claymores were just really weak. Teresa and Priscilla were on a class of their own. I wonder if Clare will ever reach such a level. Is the present storyline a story of revenge then?

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Clare obviously willingly joined the Organization (she's the only person to ever do so, stated in the manga and maybe earlier in the series) in order to take her revenge on Priscilla.

But more importantly, Priscilla's "awakening" has opened up a entirely new element to the story. What are Awakened Beings? How are they different from yoma? Only Irene seemed to know that was what Priscilla had become.

Yukimura
Wed, 05-23-2007, 04:31 PM
DAMN!!!! I'm glad I put down that manga I was looking at in the store after I saw Priscilla approaching her limit, I would have had to shoot myself if I'd ruined a surprise that awesome/terrible. It's so sad to see Teresa go, but when i think about it this was probably the best way that she could lose, as opposed having her win by stopping Priscilla's transformation, which would have been cool but I suspect, would have ground the plot to a halt. Now we have an explanation of Clares motives, but it sucks that the 5 most powerful Claymores were all lost with essentiually no intervention from Yoma. 'The Organization' really needs to work on its priorities.

Kraco
Wed, 05-23-2007, 04:41 PM
'The Organization' really needs to work on its priorities.

Not necessarily. We actually know next to nothing about it. For all we know, it could be just a bunch of greedy men running the hybridization process, producing Claymores. Then they send the emotionally screwed up Claymores to kill random Yoma and collect all the money. They probably make very good money out of it, so that alone could be their objective. In that sense they would be little concerned about the tools that do the actual work, the Claymore girls, that is. As long as they have enough in the pool to kill the Yoma attacking villages.

They seem basically to be mercenaries, killing Yoma case by case, so losing their top 5, while a loss, may not really be any serious setback for them as long as they still have enough Claymores to produce money. Enforcing that strict rule of not killing humans probably ensures two things: The larger populace / rulers won't bother them and on the other hand the Claymores are easier to keep under control when one mistake results in a punishment performed by the whole community. This allows little independence for the Claymores.

But of course we don't really know.

Board of Command
Wed, 05-23-2007, 05:28 PM
The super fast sword fighting reminds me of Diablo 2. If you've played the game, you'd know what I'm talking about (paladins :D).

David Craft
Thu, 05-24-2007, 12:45 AM
damn that is shocking...

Well if this is indeed a story about revenge then (Clare going after Priscilla) that means that for 10 years (mabey even 15) The "Organization" hasnt been able to take Priscilla down... or perhaps they dont want to.

Just something I was thinking but perhaps, as Kraco said, they main goal is to get money. Real powerful Claymores are cool but even the low ones get the organizations tons of money. In reality its Claymores like Teresa that are super powerful thats the real threat to this line of work. Priscilla just equals another evil person out there making the organization more money.

So with this they got rid of the 5 most powerful Claymores, one turning into another way to get money. It realy works out for them.

If suddenly all the Yoma died because a super powerful Claymore killed them all, the organization wouldnt get any money.

Also remember Teresa hinted that the Organization itself sends the Yoma out lol. I think this Organization is alot darker than many think. Its more then likely the true evil and the true villan here. Nothing like profiting off the pains of others...

~David Craft

Augury
Thu, 05-24-2007, 01:49 AM
Wow, this episode was really well done. Up until now I've felt that the voice acting and sounds used were a bit lackluster, but the background music and the visual effects here had great execution.

As for Priscilla becoming another way for the Organization to make money: If the other members of the top 5 couldn't kill her, how would they be able to kill her if a request came?

Kraco
Thu, 05-24-2007, 02:15 AM
As for Priscilla becoming another way for the Organization to make money: If the other members of the top 5 couldn't kill her, how would they be able to kill her if a request came?

Yeah. That's a troublesome fact. Of course there being a super Yoma that possibly gains high infamy would allow them to get more money if they are able to defeat it. If they are not, they might lose credibility if they summarily turn down requests to destroy the Priscilla-Yoma (because losing many Claymores makes no money).

Well, once again, we don't yet know how it's going to turn out to be. And that, of course, is a good thing!

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-24-2007, 06:51 AM
Also remember Teresa hinted that the Organization itself sends the Yoma out lol. I think this Organization is alot darker than many think. Its more then likely the true evil and the true villan here. Nothing like profiting off the pains of others...
Teresa was scaring the villagers into making sure they paid the correct man in black. He even reprimanded her slightly for doing so. She wasn't serious, she was bored.

It seems Irene knew far more than the others, because she properly identified Priscilla as beyond a yoma, an Awakened Being. What this means, we have no idea. I hope we find out soon.

Psyke
Thu, 05-24-2007, 07:12 AM
Awesome episode. I haven't been this shocked by any anime for a long long time. And I'm not referring to the violence. Just that I miss Teresa already. :(

Board of Command
Thu, 05-24-2007, 10:53 AM
It seems Irene knew far more than the others, because she properly identified Priscilla as beyond a yoma, an Awakened Being. What this means, we have no idea. I hope we find out soon.
It's possible that all Claymores turn into "Awakened Ones" when they become yoma. That's why the organization disposes of them immediately when they start to transform and lose grip of their human side.

It's just hard to believe that Claymores turn into regular yoma eventually.

Inazuma
Thu, 05-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Awesome episode. I haven't been this shocked by any anime for a long long time. And I'm not referring to the violence. Just that I miss Teresa already. :(

Just like the man said.

The pathetic turn into final stage boss
The hero change into a dead hero

Last time I felt that, it was when I first saw Spike Spiegel die.

" How come on ... can't be for real. "

You just wish for a plot device to reverse the thing.

Shadow Skill
Thu, 05-24-2007, 08:57 PM
I was definately not expecting that to happen. :/

Server her right for letting her guard down.

Aeon
Fri, 05-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Teresaaaaaa:(, she was beyond awesome on so many levels. I was kinda wondering what the point of showing Clares flashback was but it's nice and sad to know why now. Also I wonder what number Clare is and will we hit a time jump with the kid she's traveling with being useful with his sword.

Kraco
Fri, 05-25-2007, 12:54 PM
I doubt Clare can be very high on the power scale now. In the few fights we have seen she has been wounded several times, has needed to use enough yoki to get the golden eyes, and generally speaking she hasn't been that impressive, looking at it in retrospect, now that we have seen real badass Claymores like Teresa or even the top 5 in general.

I think this is a rather interesting fact in a few ways, because it could indicate a kind of more bitter plot if Clare's aim is to avenge Teresa's death yet she doesn't have the power, or perhaps this will lead to a plot that will allow Clare to get more powerful. Maybe even with help from Raki. After all, Raki already saved her in the chapel from becoming a yoma.

Knives122
Fri, 05-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Wow, that was probably the most well done antagonist entrance I've ever seen. Teresa got no farewell speech nor did any of the other characters, they all became cannon fodder in literally 6 seconds.

I am now more interested in this show then I am in Bleach, and that is saying a lot.

TheBladeChild
Tue, 05-29-2007, 01:29 AM
Wow, they did a awesome job in making the transition from the manga to the anime. Though in some way I didnt want to watch this episode knowing that Teresa was going to die. Props to the music as well really well done. And yeah Noel, Sophia, and Irene got owned soo fast, which is crazy considering they are 3-5.

Idealistic
Tue, 05-29-2007, 02:48 PM
omfg... just wow... what an awesome turn of events.... i did sort of figured that priscilla would be pulling a dirty trick like that... it's become obvious because many enemies do that in other shows.

but wow... i wonder how clare turns into a claymore though... i think she voluntarily turns into a yoma so she can have the strength to avenge teresa...

eat_toast
Tue, 05-29-2007, 05:29 PM
I sat staring at my screen for like five minutes, eyes wide, jaw down...... Fucking didn't even want to see that coming. I was like, ok, ok, move it along, stop with the anime bullshit of "I'm pathetic, kill me please" just get it over with- wait, no! no! not the han-wait what was NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

- AHAHAHAHA THEY GOT IMMEDIATELY FUCKED TOOOOOOOOOO BUT STILL TERESAAAAAAAAA FUUUUUUUUUUCK. *cries inside* D;

Board of Command
Tue, 05-29-2007, 11:50 PM
I just grabbed the ED single and it contains two versions of Guilty Sky. Their lyrics sound a bit different but I'm not totally sure what the difference actually is. Is the second version (title in all CAPITAL letters) in English...?

Kraco
Wed, 05-30-2007, 05:05 AM
Is the second version (title in all CAPITAL letters) in English...?

Aye, it seems to be so. The vocals are kind of low compared to the music, so it's not easy to make out all of it, but it's definitely English. Very interesting.

jaguar04p
Wed, 05-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Episode 9 by Eclipse

Claymore 09 h264 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2009%20(h264)%20%5bFBA6F9A1%5d.mkv.torrent)
Claymore 09 XviD (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2009%20(XviD)%20%5b1DD97D99%5d.avi.torrent)

Shadow Skill
Wed, 05-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Clare doesnt seem worried, or is it just me?

She seems intent on either killing herself or testing her limits, despite her rank...

I guess something happened to her mentally after the Cathedral incident.

Inazuma
Wed, 05-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Claymore just turned in a good background basis for hentai material.

Clean ep but it made me lazy unlike ep 8

Kraco
Wed, 05-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Clare has been made quite an underdog. Yet interestingly enough she is not worried. It must be her personality. After all, she took Teresa's initial beating without a flinch already back then. She must be that kind of a person. The other claymores showed some more emotion in this ep than claymores usually should, I reckon. The contrast was probably there to make Clare remind more of Teresa.

Well, in any case we should be seeing some very good development. After all, from her position she has only one way to go: Up. While Clare's undertakings are naturally more interesting than Raki's, I still hope the dude will do something to get stronger. I don't want to watch the whole series with him as a pet following Clare and being scared.

Idealistic
Wed, 05-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Hmmm interesting... I like the way this anime is going. After the first few episodes I thought it was just going to be a "they go here to kill this, and then move onto a new place." type of anime. The story is going well.

When they introduced each other ranks... I was already figuring that Clare would be among the weakest. Just because that's usually how some shows are. The main character is the weakest, but has the potential to become the strongest.

I thought they said Awakened Beings are Claymores who turned into Yomas? How come there is a male one?

I'm hoping Raki might turn into the first male Claymore or something later on in the show... Would be pretty cool.

Yukimura
Wed, 05-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Interesting Interesting!! Claire is ranked lowest came as a bit of a surprise but it's probably because she was imbued with Claymore flesh and blood instead of that of a pure Yoma. That will most likely have other more interesting connotations that we'll see later in the series.

The level of disrespect from Helen felt a bit over the top. First of all someone has to be the weakest in any group, second having one's symbol should mean they're certified as able to do their duty. Perhaps it's just because of the difficulty of the mission that she was concerned, though I also don't get why she cares so much that Claire's might die. Claymore's don't seem especially big on helping each other if it's at odds with getting the job done, so if Claire gets overpowered and killed I don't see how it would affect the mission anymore than if she just wasn't there at all. My theory is that she's over compensating based on the fact that she's the 3rd weakest and probably doesn't belong there either.

As to the male Awakened Being, earlier they mentioned that no male had ever survived the flesh & blood ingestion, but most likely that meant no male had ever managed to stay more human than yoma after the process (Which opens up possibilities for Raki).

Kraco
Wed, 05-30-2007, 05:57 PM
It was said at some point men are not fused well with yomas and thus can't make claymores. Perhaps this enemy is one of the experiments that didn't turn out too well. It could be the inherent limit of awekening is much lower for men than women and so they spontaneously awaken. That would be, in my opinion, a better explanation for there not being male claymores than anything mystic. Unless it's the female endocrinology that decides it...

Inazuma
Wed, 05-30-2007, 07:33 PM
I want Raki to be at least able to hold against number 10 or a medium awakened.
Don't want a Chad-syndrome char. Could be uber cool but underpowered.

eat_toast
Wed, 05-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Hmm... I kind of liked this episode and yet disliked this episode. I like it, well, for lack of a better term I could say it is "different" in that the main character is weak, and has no real way to move forward in skill. From what I've gathered, Claire is doomed to mediocrity. That makes her likeable, removes her a bit from her literally inhuman counterparts. However there is a part of me that wants to see her go apeshit on some Yoma without blinking an eye. That would be cool, yet it doesn't seem like it'll be happening, since you can't particularly count on this anime following typical format, as we've yet to see Raki go anywhere, and the one person I saw as a more prevalent character, Teresa, was murdered real, ahh, quick. What it does mean is (hopefully) a unique progression through the storyline that rather than the ever increasing levels of power she will inevitably achieve, it focuses on her interactions with other claymores, and of course, Raki.

That or- "Impossible! Where did that power come from?!" will happen. Here's hoping for the first one.

complich8
Wed, 05-30-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm betting that fighting against another claymore, Clare is just fighting with her own pitiful strength, but fighting against a serious yoma she'll channel some Teresa action...

I believe number 6's comment about her first impression foreshadows this.

Uberbaka
Wed, 05-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Wondering if Clare will inherit the "faint smile", that would be kinda cool and nice way of showing Teresas influence

Kraco
Thu, 05-31-2007, 02:53 AM
I'm inclined to agree with Complich. That's what I was thinking during this episode. Clare can't fight other claymores, at least yet, but will fare much better against yoma progressively. I'm sorry to say, but if your wishes, eat_toast, came true we would be watching "the daily life of a claymore" show that would practically go nowhere. Besides, saying it would be better if there was no development at all is saying it's not possible for a person to ever get better at anything and their fate is sealed. That's just depressing, don't you think? It's due to the epic nature of most (shounen) action shows that massive power ups are needed.

MFauli
Thu, 05-31-2007, 02:50 PM
Great episode!
I, too, want Raki to become a strong fighter. First male Claymore? Sounds awsome ;)
Also, imo it´s clear that Clare is, or will be, much stronger when fighting seriously. After all, she´ll definitely not die yet.

eat_toast
Thu, 05-31-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm inclined to agree with Complich. That's what I was thinking during this episode. Clare can't fight other claymores, at least yet, but will fare much better against yoma progressively. I'm sorry to say, but if your wishes, eat_toast, came true we would be watching "the daily life of a claymore" show that would practically go nowhere. Besides, saying it would be better if there was no development at all is saying it's not possible for a person to ever get better at anything and their fate is sealed. That's just depressing, don't you think? It's due to the epic nature of most (shounen) action shows that massive power ups are needed.

Well, it's not that I'm wishing for her to be doomed forever, it's that I'm wishing for there to be a more creative way for her to become more powerful. I probably should have been a little clearer. You're right, being locked is depressing and would make for a horrible action anime, but as we've seen "the daily life" of a Claymore seems to be anything but boring.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 05-31-2007, 10:39 PM
Wouldnt it be a cruel twist for Clare if Raki attempted to become a claymore and failed, becoming an awakened being that Clare is forced to kill? That would literally tear Calre apart, not to mention an interesting development.

Assassin
Thu, 05-31-2007, 11:37 PM
when she first said her rank, i was thinking it was just cuz she decided to stay in the area teresa died/priscilla was hiding....and that just happened to be the 47th district. But that doesn't seem likely with her fainting like that against #6.

But the dream about teressa does indicate that she'll soon channel her power inorder to fight, which would be really kool.

Psyke
Fri, 06-01-2007, 04:46 AM
I loved the part where one of the other claymore (too many names to remember) said that Clare was amazingly.... horrible. Awesome. :p

Inazuma
Fri, 06-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Wouldnt it be a cruel twist for Clare if Raki attempted to become a claymore and failed, becoming an awakened being that Clare is forced to kill? That would literally tear Calre apart, not to mention an interesting development.

You are a sick bastard ... Such idea didn't even came up in my mind.
Admit it, you'r Marquis de Sade's hidden grandson.

Uberbaka
Fri, 06-01-2007, 08:34 AM
tbh I was thinking that the first time I noticed the awakened being in the intro in like episode 2...

Knives122
Fri, 06-01-2007, 09:35 AM
I loved the part where one of the other claymore (too many names to remember) said that Clare was amazingly.... horrible. Awesome. :p

Name time:

Helen: the one with the apple during the fight.

Deneve: The one that said Clare was horrible.

Miria: the one fighting Clare.

They seem like pretty intersting characters, it would be a shame if they all got killed by that male awakened one.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Uberbaka - Same with me.

And thats not being sick. Even if it may be absolutely cruel, you have to admit it will make you watch it.

Board of Command
Fri, 06-01-2007, 10:13 AM
It would be interesting but Raki needs to lose his balls first, if he hasn't done so already.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Would he really? The thing they are fighting now is a male awakened being, and depending on the events of the next episode, Raki may really be able to fulfill my expectations.

?igma
Fri, 06-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Two Things happened in this latest ep.

1. A male Claymore might be possible after all
2. Claire seems to have gotten some "signals" or at least something that could indicate a coming power-increase.

Number 2 is by far the most logical choice for the following events. Everything said in the last couple of episodes points in the direction of Claires strength. Comparisons and contradictions.

Roughly quoting from the back of my head.

" You are too weak to take on "
" When I saw you there, I thought you were the nr.1 "
+ All the rants and insults coming with the Rank 47

They will most definately ( at least, imho ) use the Boy Claymore thing in the future, perhaps to safe Claire, perhaps unrelated, but I think they need to make Claire stronger at this point in the storyline, for her to not run into a dead end.

They made all this happen, the flashback to her youth and where her power comes from and they did not do it to start over somewhere in the next 15 episodes to finally make her stronger.

These type of animé require power increases, superhero behavior. I'm quite hounestly absolutely sure ( And yes, you can laugh when I'm wrong ) they will not turn the boy into a Claymore in the next episodes, unless it's done at the exact same time as Claire's power-increase.

( I don't read the manga.. For a moment I thought I should, but I never started)

complich8
Fri, 06-01-2007, 02:17 PM
I think this series is interesting because it does things you don't expect or predict. Like Teresa's rather surprising death.

Maybe they'll suddenly kill Clare off, too. That would be a little gantz-like...

Maybe they'll have Raki accidentally submitted to the claymore-making process. Could also happen.

Maybe Raki will die off, giving Clare the necessary fury to go super-saiyajin and kill awakened beings.

We'll see...

?igma
Fri, 06-01-2007, 03:57 PM
WEll, there was absolutely nothing strange about Teresa dying, just the suddenness of it. So however much you want to turn that into the current events.

1. The event of Teresa dying was obvious at the moment she got a bounty on her head.
2. The how of that event was a surprise. But even so, an expected one.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-01-2007, 08:40 PM
True, there was nothing unexpected about Theresa's death itself, but rather the manner in which she died/was killed.

@?igma - I dont think people intended to suggest that Raki turning into a claymore/awakened being would happen anytime soon (that would be just plain idiotic). The male youma just opened up the possibility for it. The analysis on the power boost is obvious and to be expected, and everyone has probably noticed it.

Inazuma
Sat, 06-02-2007, 02:47 PM
2. Claire seems to have gotten some "signals" or at least something that could indicate a coming power-increase.

It seems almost reiatsu-like

Ryllharu
Wed, 06-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Maybe we'll find out a lot more about male Awakened beings today. At the very least we'll get to see Miria in action.

Eclipse - Claymore 10 (h264) (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2010%20(h264)%20%5b555AB042%5d.mkv.torrent)
Eclipse - Claymore 10 (xvid) (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2010%20(XviD)%20%5b480195D8%5d.avi.torrent)

KitKat
Wed, 06-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Drat....why am I stuck at work, when I could be home downloading this!

I have to admit, I was really surprised to find out Clare was the weakest of all the claymores. I expected her to be nothing special, but to be the weakest of all of them? I guess it'll add to the moment when she does something totally kick-ass. Miria's comment did have a bit of a prophetic ring to it.... (go Clare go!)

Death13a
Wed, 06-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Organization was sending it's warriors to awakened being to be excecuted, wander why? Well next episode should clear it up more. And i think watchers are claymores too, that retired from fighting.

Kraco
Wed, 06-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Organization was sending it's warriors to awakened being to be excecuted, wander why?

I would like to think, for now, that it's more like quickened evolution for them. Or lets say natural selection. Maybe the top numbers are produced more easily by letting the regular Claymores feel that desperation and if they overcome it, they have chances to become much better. It'd be a pretty cruel and wasteful method, but should also be quick the times it works.

Unless this is somehow connected to how new Claymores are produced.

A nice explanation as well for the lack of male Claymores. A good thing this is close enough to seinen to allow explanations like that.

joker-kun
Wed, 06-06-2007, 03:29 PM
I think what Kraco said is partially true. Remember Miria or whatever also said the other two Claymores were near their limit cause of the abilities they could use so well. Also with what happened with Clare when Raki cancelled out her awakening they higher ups probabaly also assume she's close to her limit. I think it's one of two things.

The first being it's a way to kill a number of Claymore's at once instead of individually and also avoids a Claymore "rebelling" against their death.

I think the second is what Kraco said combined with the first. It would be suicide to send only one Claymore against an Awakened and so they send a few Claymore near their limits along with the one they hope has the potential. This way if the one Claymore survives they grow in anumber of ways and if there is deaths among the others then it doesn't really matter cause they would have to be killed soon anyway. In this case I think it would have been Miria with the potential, or there is a chance of Clare if they (the males in black) knew of her abilities.

After the speculation I gotta say, I loved the ep and wanna see the next!

Kraco
Wed, 06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Ah, yes. I failed to notice near their limit means they are close to awakening. I just thought they are close to their maximum capabilities. Well, those two can of course be the same thing as long as it's just the raw power and not skills were are talking about. Obviously people like Teresa had mad skills and thus less need to rely on power as such.

complich8
Wed, 06-06-2007, 04:45 PM
heh, my prediction was about right ... Clare's doing exactly what Teresa was great at: reading yoki. Weak against someone who's pushing their yoma-powers down, stronger as the enemy gets stronger. And her insight was pretty slick too

This was fairly satisfying. The episode managed to build out the story's depth (with the shadowy mystery of why this awakened dude was being used as a claymore-dump, as well as who the two people spectating were and what their interest in it was). There's the lingering question of the organization's real mechanics and purpose, which this episode also sounds out a little bit -- but just a little bit. Clare being useful without being the-omg-jesus like Teresa was is a kind of nice turn of events, too.

So now, where will the focus go? Will we go back to Raki? Killing yoma randomly? Is Clare going to become an elite awakened-hunter? Maybe she's going to get suddenly up-ranked? Special training?

Knives122
Wed, 06-06-2007, 05:38 PM
So now, where will the focus go? Will we go back to Raki? Killing yoma randomly? Is Clare going to become an elite awakened-hunter? Maybe she's going to get suddenly up-ranked? Special training?

Well if the Org. sent them there to kill the Awakened being but were really sent there for themselves to be killed, wouldn't it make more sense for the Organization to keep doing that? Or even worse, send that Galatea girl(or any other Claymore) over there to kill them off.

Clare best be watching her back.

Inazuma
Wed, 06-06-2007, 05:54 PM
I don't think this show can get any better.

Ep Rank : B +

Kraco
Wed, 06-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Clare best be watching her back.

I highly doubt they especially wanted Clare to get killed. They just allowed her to go there, possibly because she's at the bottom of the ranking and thus wouldn't be much of a loss, yet on the other hand they might have noticed she has strange potential the incident could cultivate. The man observing Clare's doings even said she can go if she wants to test herself. Doesn't really suggest she would be on any death list.

Shadow Skill
Wed, 06-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Great episode! :)

I just noticed, the Ending song to Claymore is actually the best ending for any anime, ever. That's probably just me though. Me thinks it should have been the Opening song.

Also, as I watched Episode 8 again. Teresa was saying the stages of the claymore, at 10 % etc, at 30 % etc, At 70 % etc... Teresa said at 80 % or higher, there is no turning back and the limit is 80 % of all Claymores. Now that 80 % can be a high 80 % or low 80 %, I am guessing. With Teresa, it's a very higher 80 %.

Prescilla killed Teresa while at 80 % and higher or even 100 %. Teresa was already stronger than Prescilla at 10 % of her real power, while Prescilla was 80 % and higher. I am guessing at 30 % Teresa would have easily killed Prescilla, even as an Voracious Eater, or Awakened Being.

Now Since Clare has half of Teresa, and Teresa is Half Human-Half Yoma, that would make clare one-quarter yoma and three-quarters human or 25 % Yoma. Since it's Teresa in Clare, I still think that 25 % is more than enough to kill any Awakened Being, even Prescilla, or am I just having some wishful thoughts here? :)

Ryllharu
Wed, 06-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Clare has Teresa's blood and flesh inside her rather than yoma chunks. That means she only has half of what Teresa had (at best) and is really only 1/4 yoma. That's why she's rank 47, she's physically much weaker than the average Claymore. Something may have changed in the holy city when she almost lost it, but she's still much weaker on a base level, as Miria pointed out when they fought. It's not about who or what is in each Claymore, but more about how well they are able to control it. Teresa was a prodigy, as was Priscilla. Clare is just a girl with a Claymore's blood inside, not a half-yoma warrior.

It definitely seemed like the man from the Organization listening to Galatea's observations doesn't really care if the Claymores beat the Awakened One or not. More like testing them without caring about the outcome. Galatea seemed to be wondering why she was doing this. Hopefully everything will be explained next time. Miria noticed some abnormalities in how the other three fought, so something is definitely up with them.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 06-06-2007, 08:53 PM
True, the organization probably doesnt care whichever way the battle goes, since it is an all win situation for them. Either kill off the awakened being, or kill off the claymores. And Miria didnt say that they were near their limit, but rather that the skills they used (recovery and Mr. Fantastic stretch) are skills normally used when the Youki release is near its limit. She also noted that it is amazing how they were able to use it like it was a normal skill in battle.

Like Ryll said, something is definitely up, but its too soon to tell for certain.

Clare was so cool when she said "Despair? In this situation? I know of a greater enemy and real despair.", of course referring to priscilla chopping the godlike teresa's head off. Her being calm all the time is just too cool.

Idealistic
Wed, 06-06-2007, 11:16 PM
And Miria didnt say that they were near their limit, but rather that the skills they used (recovery and Mr. Fantastic stretch) are skills normally used when the Youki release is near its limit. She also noted that it is amazing how they were able to use it like it was a normal skill in battle.

Yeah... That's how I interpreted it as well.

I'm really liking where this is going. Also the preview of the next chapter says they make an oath or something. Perhaps they will be fighting as a group from now on or something?

As for why the organization chose the 4 of them to go after the awakened being, I don't really have any theories on that. Maybe the organization just wants to see if any group can kill an awakened being. That male awakened being probably is the weakest out of all the awakened beings, so it was like a test. Then perhaps the group that kills it will be sent on missions to kill awakened beings while the other Claymores that can't will just be handling the regular yomas in towns.

complich8
Wed, 06-06-2007, 11:39 PM
I don't think that theory holds water. He was clearly a significantly above-average specimen in terms of power and yoma ability. If not for Clare's presence and ability, everyone in the party would have been dead, including the experienced awakened-hunter of the group.

I suspect that the reasoning was indeed something like "these people are operating too close to their limit on a regular basis" ... or perhaps "these people are finding too much out about the organization, and might end up being dangerous at some point soon." Clare's utility as an awakened-killer seems to me to be rather unexpected by all, although she wasn't particularly surprised by it. Even her regular contact in the organization said what, "every age has its heroes, just too bad that you aren't one of them..."

Assassin
Thu, 06-07-2007, 12:02 AM
i really like how this episode made clare seem really badass, but not in the typical anime "i'll kill you just by looking at you" way. She calmly walked thru a barrage of yoma tentacles, and got rite up there with it, but she still lacks the physical strength to actually kill it, which i think is really kool.

As for the to onlookers, im going to say that galatea is probably number 1, or 2 in the organization....and the dude is probably her contact from the organization. And regarding the reason they were sent there....well, Miria is an experienced awakened being hunter so she was probably just there cuz its what she does. The other two were most likely sent cuz they were either getting close to thier limits and the organization feared they mite not send thier black cards, OR cuz they somehow are able to control yoma powers without having the same effect as other claymores and are a threat to the organization and to the secrecy of how it operates. As for clare, well she was there of her own accord, as we know from the last episode. It wasn't the organization that sent her, she just came cuz she wants to test her powers or whatever, and her contact simply arranged for it to happen

?igma
Thu, 06-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Gooooddaaaamn..I can't watch this untill this evening ... /cry of pure agony

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-07-2007, 02:42 AM
Actually, I think Clare's contact sent her there thinking she will either run away or be killed, since he also commented that she should go there and "realize her powerlessness" in the previous episode. I really doubt that they knew about Clare's ability, otherwise she would have been placed in anti-awakened being groups by now.

Ryllharu
Thu, 06-07-2007, 04:26 AM
Claymores have obviously been hunting Awakened Beings. Remember they are all called "voracious eaters" to the public. Miria has been on 7 hunts. She was shocked she was fighting a male of all Awakeneds, and with a team that had such weak members.

Clare's particular aptitude for hunting Awakened Beings shouldn't come as any surprise after her comment about true despair. She's been working on this single skill probably since she became a Claymore and maybe inherited some of Teresa's skills. Her contact even confirmed the reason she wants to go on a hunt is the hope of finding Priscilla. She's been practicing this for the sole purpose of taking her head.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Yes, they hunt awakened beings, I think that has been established since the last two episodes.

Yes, Clare wants revenge for Teresa and has trained for it, that much is obvious. But the organization probably doesnt know about her ability, well, at least before she kicked the male awakened being's ass.

@Ryll - Im confused about the point of your post, was it to confirm the facts from the past few episodes?

I just realized that it is quite certain that all 4 of them were sent there to die. All the comments from the awakened being (AB from now, too long) and the people in town were pointing to that conclusion. Especially the comment of the AB about Miria being too smart for her own good. They may be sent there for different reasons, but the purpose is indeed to kill them off.

Ryllharu
Thu, 06-07-2007, 06:11 AM
Most post was addressed partially to Id3aLiStiC's last post, which seemed to only look at the current episode and forget about what had already been established in the previous ones. The later half was more to simply clarify what Clare's motivation for developing this ability was, since complich8 said it was unexpected, but I misinterpreted his post.

Kraco
Thu, 06-07-2007, 06:37 AM
I just realized that it is quite certain that all 4 of them were sent there to die. All the comments from the awakened being (AB from now, too long) and the people in town were pointing to that conclusion. Especially the comment of the AB about Miria being too smart for her own good. They may be sent there for different reasons, but the purpose is indeed to kill them off.

You shouldn't pay too much attention to what the awakened being was saying. He had been a monster for ages and thus would barely know what's going on with the Claymore organization, and even if he did, why would he tell anything truthful to the Claymores that are there to kill him, even though the odds were against them, but still.

It is the case that far too often characters only speak the truth in anime (or any fiction) unless the audience is explicitly given the impression what is being said is lies. However, always counting on that is also dangerous, because nothing forces the authors to write their stories like that even if it's a tradition.

?igma
Thu, 06-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Best episode so far.

This was actually a surprise for once, not many animé manage to escape a DBZ turn of events when dealing with power-ups. They perfectly balanced Clares skills around the event, giving her no new strength, nor new weaknesses. She is still the same, yet she is now so much more, only because of the storyline.

I wubbles it.

Psyke
Thu, 06-07-2007, 10:14 AM
I thought the new Claymores would be killed off again in just 2 episode appearances, but looks like they're here to stay. Good stuff, and every episode just leaves me wanting more.

MFauli
Thu, 06-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Great episode as always.
Clares "upgrade" was cool, but, well, unrealistic. She can read the Yoki as much as she wants to, as long as shes too slow she´d get hit. But i wont complain as it was presented really greatly.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-07-2007, 11:18 AM
@kraco - True, the AB might very well be lying, but when he was saying all the stuff about Miria digging her own grave by being smart, he believed he was in a position of absolute dominance, and thus was just blabbering about whatever came to mind to mock and make fun of the enemy. He really didnt have a reason to lie at that point.

I doubt the organization has changed much, at least from what we have seen. They still do crazy stuff without regard to the claymores, or the humans that get involved. The fact that the AB has been a monster for so long should also merit him some knowledge, and it seems like he knows a lot, even Miria noted so, but unfortunately there is no guarantee what he says will be the truth especially since he was cornered and was simply forced to use info as a bargaining chip unlike the earlier scenario.

And yeah, your analysis on honesty in anime is spot on. They really should change that.

EDIT: Clare wasnt really upgraded. She had all of that from the start, at least from what we have seen of her. I personally think its great, since it is power at a price. The price doesnt stay so high though, since Miria also mentioned that Clare lacks training, implying that if she trains she will be able to achieve a battle system similar to Teresa, reading enemy youki while being able to utilize your own.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-08-2007, 01:11 AM
Clare's goal is to defeat Pricillia, and has most likely been developing her yoki-reading skills to do so.

Does anyone else remember Teresa vs >70% Pricillia fight? Teresa said even she couldn't predict movement from the mass of yoki gushing out from Pricillia. So this skill works unless you have little or overflowing yoki? Guess this might mean Clare will have to surpass Teresa's level to take on Pricillia

Edit: Pricillia was outmatched by 10% Teresa though. Not sure whether that means Teresa's physical attributes went up, yoki-reading sharpened, or both.

Kraco
Fri, 06-08-2007, 02:24 AM
Edit: Pricillia was outmatched by 10% Teresa though. Not sure whether that means Teresa's physical attributes went up, yoki-reading sharpened, or both.

Priscilla was a newcomer, no matter how much of a prodigy she was. And she was emotionally quite unstable as well. Teresa was a long time pro who kept herself totally cool during the fight. I wouldn't be surprised if it was still little else but a vast difference in skills and attitude. The 10% just gave the little edge Teresa needed. But yeah, it's reasonable to assume it's an all around boost.

Edit: Now that I think of it, didn't Miria tell Clare she should make herself able to read yoki despite using it herself to boost her attacks, or something?

Deathstroke
Fri, 06-08-2007, 03:20 AM
Tersesa was unable to read the Yoki flow of 70+% Priscilla because there was too much gushing out. She had like a sensory overload. But once she powered up 10% she was able to read the flow again, allowing her to beat Priscilla. She then powered down to take Priscilla's head causing her to suffer the sensory overload. And this allowed Priscilla to take her head instead.

With Clare, she can only read the Yoki flow in a powered down state. When she powers up, she can't read the flow anymore. That why Miria tells her she needs to switch between power up and power down mode instantly, or better yet to read the flow in a power up state. So Clare should get better at it with more training and practice.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-08-2007, 05:26 AM
But wasnt powering up supposed to weaken the ability to read youki since your own youki interferes with the sensing? This is the case with Clare, and I know Miria said Clare could use it even with gold eyes with sufficient training, but it simply means she will compensate for the deficiency, not eliminate the deficiency itself.

It doesnt make sense if lowering once youki makes it easier to read youki movements, if Teresa raising her own enabled her to read the already berserking youki of Priscilla.

I think that Teresa going gold simply meant that she had a total boost in power, overall, and she may have given up on reading the movement of Priscilla altogether and beat her just with experience, calmness, and superior battle techniques boosted by youki.

TheBladeChild
Fri, 06-08-2007, 05:39 AM
Hm.. I always thought when Teresa went gold eyes she didnt lose the ability to sense youki energy, only that she just received a boost in power.

@Shinta|Hikari
Lol now it looks like im the only one left still with a C.C. sig and avatar XD, btw what anime is that on your new sig??

animus
Fri, 06-08-2007, 07:00 AM
But wasnt powering up supposed to weaken the ability to read youki since your own youki interferes with the sensing? This is the case with Clare, and I know Miria said Clare could use it even with gold eyes with sufficient training, but it simply means she will compensate for the deficiency, not eliminate the deficiency itself.

It doesnt make sense if lowering once youki makes it easier to read youki movements, if Teresa raising her own enabled her to read the already berserking youki of Priscilla.

I think that Teresa going gold simply meant that she had a total boost in power, overall, and she may have given up on reading the movement of Priscilla altogether and beat her just with experience, calmness, and superior battle techniques boosted by youki.

I believe it's just Clare's ineptness that is the case. Teresa is just more keen, experienced, and skilled.

@Bladechild: That's Konata the main character from Lucky Star, btw.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-08-2007, 03:47 PM
What I mean is that going golden eyes is not supposed to boost your ability to sense youki, but all your other skills should in fact be increased.

@TheBladeChild - Yep its Konata from lucky star. Im just waiting for the final episodes of geass and Ill be back to C.C. again. Its not like Im having an affair or anything :)

Knives122
Sat, 06-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Wallpaper:
http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/1180394881244.jpg (http://s2.supload.com/free/1180394881244.jpg/view/)

WRX Sti
Sun, 06-10-2007, 10:44 AM
nice wallpaper, this episode was pretty good for me. Becoming very interested in this atm, even more so than bleach. I do think that clare will eventually become like teresa in some apects etc. Will be watching this to see how the story progresses :)

TheBladeChild
Mon, 06-11-2007, 03:11 AM
I dont remember if anyone has mentioned this, but is it me or do some of the insert songs sound like Disney music???

Wake90
Tue, 06-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Spoiler Removed. Keep anything manga related in the General Manga boards.

-NM

?igma
Tue, 06-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Spoiler Removed. Keep anything manga related in the General Manga boards.

-NM

:::: Possible spoiler alert :::::

Please also edit the title

Wake90
Tue, 06-12-2007, 04:37 PM
wtf i just figured everyones up to date when i posted. OK maybe i should start back at volume 1 for god sakes. yep cLaRe sWiNGGS that swords pretty well. screw it all, havent gotten attached here at least

animus
Tue, 06-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Your reasoning makes utterly no sense. How is spoiling from the manga on the anime version thread of the series have any correlation to people being caught up to the manga?

complich8
Tue, 06-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Indeed. The assumption these forums are based on is, in fact, that NOBODY has read the manga. We're following the anime, and only the anime. If you go and read the manga, that's great, but keep it to yourself or keep it to the manga sections of the forum.

WRX Sti
Wed, 06-13-2007, 11:02 PM
anyone know if there is a claymore release this week?

complich8
Wed, 06-13-2007, 11:26 PM
there's claymore 11 raws out, so ... probably.

Munsu
Thu, 06-14-2007, 01:14 AM
11:
http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Claymore%20-%2011%20(h264)%20%5b1C472164%5d.mkv.torrent

Shadow Skill
Thu, 06-14-2007, 03:44 AM
That episode felt rushed to me for some reason. :/

All in all, good and full of lots of answers. :)

Kraco
Thu, 06-14-2007, 08:43 AM
It at least seemed to comfirm what some guessed here: That they were really sent there to die. And they were singled out, even Clare, possibly, even though she kind of pushed herself into the squad.

Still, it's reasonable to assume the awakened just happened to stick to that one location and the organization had noticed that and used the place as a waste disposal plant. I don't think the awakened male actually was in any cooperation with the organization and as such any information he might have would have been suspicious by default. If the organization doesn't trust claymores that have been close to awakening, I doubt they would trust actual fully awakened ones at all.

Raki certainly was happy Clare returned.

WRX Sti
Thu, 06-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Good episode, shame there wasnt any action :P but it did answer alot of the ? marks over some topics for me :)

complich8
Thu, 06-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Well, the organization doesn't go out of its way to hunt awakened beings, unless requested by other people. So I don't think they've got like a moral anti-awakened stance or anything.

It'd probably look bad if more people realized that the dreaded "voracious eater" is, in fact, an ex-claymore though.

I have to wonder how much more important Raki's role as Clare's cook is going to be, what with her being ... err ... hungry now :p.

Koyuki
Thu, 06-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Hehe. Nice episode. Claymore is really getting better, one of the best series this spring. Claires ability to read yoki didn't come as a surprise, as she has a part of Teresa inside of her. Just wonder if she has more of Teresa skills/personality.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Good episode I reckon. Even the "just talk" episodes beat most other anime around. Just have to wait another week now. :(

And the expression on that claymore's face in the preview........almost undeniably Ophelia

Knives122
Thu, 06-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Yeah I actually did some research on the person Miria stopped to actually talk about when she drew the symbols of the top 5 just incase any of them get orders to kill them(conspiracy talk is fun) :

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1708/snapshot20070614111508jg8.th.jpg (http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snapshot20070614111508jg8.jpg)

That symbol is definately this one:
http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/4989/snapshot20070614111535xn0.th.jpg (http://img475.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snapshot20070614111535xn0.jpg)

Who is also the crazy person bloodlust person:
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5833/snapshot20070614111633wz0.th.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snapshot20070614111633wz0.jpg)

Which makes it seem like Clare may be fucked(and judging from the preview Clare may have to watch her back after all(like I said last week))

Also I noticed that this person's symbol:
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9360/snapshot20070614111814sb5.th.jpg (http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snapshot20070614111814sb5.jpg)

Lookes like this one:
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/3935/snapshot20070614111852wn9.th.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snapshot20070614111852wn9.jpg)

which is actualy pretty cool if it's true, which pretty much looks like that's the case.

Yukimura
Thu, 06-14-2007, 09:18 PM
You can confirm that the tall Claymore that could sense them from the forest was Galatea. I believe the shady guy mentioned her name in ep 10 while talking to her.

Opheilia seems like a pretty crazy bitch from the way Miria got all flustered just thinking about her, and I can't even guess what numbers 3, 2, & 1 are like. And of course since Miria singles out Ophelia she's going to have to come up against Claire at some point...why wait?

From ep 11's preview.
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/492/claymore11previewqk2.th.jpg (http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=claymore11previewqk2.jpg)
^^Notice the symbol^^
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4012/claymore11preview2is2.th.jpg (http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=claymore11preview2is2.jpg)

Ryllharu
Thu, 06-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Well Galatea can sense Yoki from nearly a mile away, enough to tell the specific moods of her subjects, so I imagine up close she can learn a lot more about exactly what they are doing. She can probably do the same trick as Teresa and Clare.

She's clearly ranked 3rd for a reason. If she's ranked 3rd and is as or more capable than Teresa at reading Yoki, then god knows how strong Alicia and Beth are.

I wonder if/when we'll see Galatea again. She seems awesome. That, and it's rare to see a Claymore with long hair so far.

Knives122
Thu, 06-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Edit: Ryllharu already said it

I doubt Galatea is better at reading yoki then Teresa was, b/c if that were so Galatea would be #1 right?

Munsu
Thu, 06-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Hence why Ryllharu is wondering how strong Alicia and Beth are, if we start assuming that Galatea is comparable to Teresa. I would assume that each generation of Claymores is stronger than the previous one, so it wouldn't be far fetched to think that Galatea may be stronger or comparable to Teresa, even if she's rank third.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-15-2007, 02:26 AM
I dont think that each generation of claymores is stronger than the previous one, because if this is the case, when the black dude who was talking to Clare about the present top 5, he would have mentioned this fact. But he merely says that each generation has its elites, meaning there is no real pattern, just that there are always strong claymores in any batch (well this applies in anything, anime or real).

It would be kind of unfair if the present number three is stronger than Teresa, since it would really make things impossible for Clare to defeat or even match them, ever. Im thinking Galatea may have better youki reading abilities than Teresa, but is weaker in the other aspects. It should not be forgotten that even if Teresa was number 1 because she can read youki the best, her other skills are also top class, enough to match the skills of the others in the top 5 (though not above or equal).

I wouldnt mind if the number 1 is equal or stronger than Teresa though.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-15-2007, 03:01 AM
Based on just gut feeling, I think Teresa's like some Claymore Goddess who's never been surpassed before. Makes it kinda fun too. For Clare to get to her, she must beat every other claymore around, and then some....

Also noticing some variation in hair colour amongst Claymores. Was it a "requirement" to have blond hair? Silver eyes was a definite.

Ryllharu
Fri, 06-15-2007, 05:40 AM
Claymores are made so I don't think it's far fetched to assume that each generation is stronger than the last, or at least in general. Granted there will be variations in each, depending on how strong one girl was during the process over another, or how much time the Organization took to train them (like how Priscilla didn't get enough, and lost control). Just because Teresa was the strongest we've seen, doesn't mean there weren't stronger ones before, or stronger ones after, Priscilla was a perfect example of someone who would have been stronger.

@Buffalo: The process the girls undergo turns their hair towards blonde-white and their eyes silver.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-15-2007, 06:02 AM
Yes claymores are made, but if the process of making them is the same, then the results from a previous batch and a newer batch should have no difference aside from the other variables you already mentioned. Its not that the idea of a progressive line of claymores is far-fetched, its that there is no proof of it yet, and no real indication either. Assuming that such is the case despite this is rushing things in my opinion.

complich8
Fri, 06-15-2007, 06:13 AM
Well, it sort of makes sense that over a couple dozen or a couple hundred years, the people doing the making would do experiments, learn from their mistakes, and generally refine the process.

In other words, the production of Claymores could be thought of as a technology. Within a batch, there will be stronger and weaker ones, but as time progresses, the process improves, and so the results of the process in aggregate improve.

That said, Teresa would hae been what, like 10 years ago? Maybe 15? Clare still seems pretty comfortably in the "young adult" age range. I don't think that there's been that many generations of claymores between the flashback and the present, where a pretty much legendary super-elite level would have dropped to commonplace enough for 8-10% (the top 5 of 47) of them to all be at the same level.

Ryllharu
Fri, 06-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Claymores don't really age after a point, so it actually could have been longer. However, I believe that Clare is only a generation or two at most away from Teresa, with Priscilla's being one of those. I agree that once-elite Claymores are not of the common level (evident with Deneve being fairly high in the rankings), but there is room to believe that two Claymores created by the Organization would be stronger than someone of Teresa's level.

We don't know the true scope of Galatea's ability, only that she shares a sensitivity to yoma energy that equals or surpasses Tersesa's. But if Priscilla would have surpassed Teresa in her generation, is it that hard to believe that two Claymores are now beyond Teresa's level?

?igma
Fri, 06-15-2007, 07:35 AM
but there is room to believe that two Claymores created by the Organization would be stronger than someone of Teresa's level.

Supported by what ? The fact that 4 single digit Claymores couldn't beat her ?

Ryllharu
Fri, 06-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Would you mind clarifying how your response fits with what you quoted from me? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with that sentence.

I was pointing out that if we assume Galatea is comparable to Teresa in terms of their specialized ability, that it shouldn't be hard to believe that the Organization could create two Claymores stronger than someone comparable to Teresa's ability (Galatea, ranked 3rd) given a generation or two of development.

?igma
Fri, 06-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Would you mind clarifying how your response fits with what you quoted from me? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with that sentence.

I was pointing out that if we assume Galatea is comparable to Teresa in terms of their specialized ability, that it shouldn't be hard to believe that the Organization could create two Claymores stronger than someone comparable to Teresa's ability (Galatea, ranked 3rd) given a generation or two of development.

I'm sorry I was floating between "two claymore's teaming up on" and 2 claymores "each more or equally powerful"

But creation is by chance, they dont decide to make stronger claymores.

Kraco
Fri, 06-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Considering Claymores turn (or almost turn) into awakened beings all the time and in a somewhat unpredictable manner during fights or after them, I'd say the technology to manufacture them is not based mainly on solid theory. I don't think that supports the theory that they would be developed constantly to a better and better direction. As long as they don't address the awakening problem, I don't see how they could easily make them stronger either, unless by careful prescreening of the candidates to refine any existing, latent potential, of which Teresa might have been the best functional example so far, Priscilla the best failed example.

While the organization needs yoma to be around aplenty for their business to run, it's still something of a risk to have lots of claymores to fully awaken. It's unnatural that would remain a secret from the general populace forever. So, even if a few voracious eaters here and there were be a boost for the money collection, to have them everywhere most certainly would cause problems before long. So, the organization must control that. And so far the only evident way has been to kill the claymores before that happens. I wouldn't exactly call that "developing the process".

Ryllharu
Fri, 06-15-2007, 09:05 AM
How strong each one is does seem to be at random upon creation. However, the amount of yoma they put into a girl, the method in which they do it, and how well they train them, could be developed and improved over the years.

I can't imagine they're not experimenting. After all, Claymores were all once men, and they tried it out on girls after all those failures.

?igma
Fri, 06-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Im quite sad they turned it into a power game after all though. The episode before this one, it appeared as if Clare simply excelled versus awakened beings. Now however, they turned it around, back to good old DBZ.

It's a pity.

kenren
Fri, 06-15-2007, 10:19 AM
so far i only watched episode 8..and i wanna say..

FUCK ! Teresa died. FUCK !!! she's my favourite character in the show.. FUCK!
pardon me.

Ryllharu
Fri, 06-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Im quite sad they turned it into a power game after all though. The episode before this one, it appeared as if Clare simply excelled versus awakened beings. Now however, they turned it around, back to good old DBZ.
We've only seen the special skills of Irene, Helen, Teresa and Miria. We don't even know what Ophelia can do, if she even has one. Nor have we even seen many variations of Awakened Beings. It's too soon to say.

Elyne
Fri, 06-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Also remember that Priscilla was a new generation, so that might indicate that they get 1 or 2 every generation that somehow surpasses the previous generation. Or she might just have had the potential all along.

Kraco
Fri, 06-15-2007, 11:28 AM

I agree with Ryllharu. I don't see how anything would have suddenly changed. We learned a long time ago there were top claymores, well above the others, like Teresa. And considering they mostly seem to fight pretty solitarily against opponents of very varying individual skill / power levels, it's somewhat natural it looks like a power game to an extent. So, if Clare in the future needs to confront other claymores, it'll be against one or a few. And from all what we have seen so far, it's going to be straight sword fighting. We aren't watching Code Geass or Death Note here. If she intends to win fights, she needs to find attack power.

There's no point trying to avoid power ups simply out of a desire to avoid power ups if the story requires them. But then again, the story is far from over still.

Koyuki
Fri, 06-15-2007, 11:41 AM
After all, Claymores were all once men, and they tried it out on girls after all those failures.

Weren't they both men and girls at the beginning? What if they are strong before they become a claymore? Does it automatically make them strong?

Ryllharu
Fri, 06-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Miria explained they tried it on men first, and the female warriors started after more and more of the male Claymores began to Awaken.

I don't think strength has that much to do with it. Most of the girls start young, most probably less that 14. It seems from the Teresa vs Priscilla arc, and given the explanation of how Miria and Friends are semi-awakened, that it has more to do with the mind being able to reign back in the power released. All Claymores have a limit, but it seems like ones who have better mental concentration and training have the higher limits. Though I doubt even that is an iron-clad rule.

?igma
Fri, 06-15-2007, 11:58 AM
I agree with Ryllharu. I don't see how anything would have suddenly changed. We learned a long time ago there were top claymores, well above the others, like Teresa. And considering they mostly seem to fight pretty solitarily against opponents of very varying individual skill / power levels, it's somewhat natural it looks like a power game to an extent. So, if Clare in the future needs to confront other claymores, it'll be against one or a few. And from all what we have seen so far, it's going to be straight sword fighting. We aren't watching Code Geass or Death Note here. If she intends to win fights, she needs to find attack power.

There's no point trying to avoid power ups simply out of a desire to avoid power ups if the story requires them. But then again, the story is far from over still.

As you might remember, although maybe Im asking too much, I previously mentioned how great it was that Claymore executed an increase in power without actually increasing the characters overall power. Clare seemed to be heading in a direction, where she'd be the bane of many awakened beings, but this would not grant her overpowering strength versus other Claymores by default.

Now however, they adapted the semi-awakening to form a significant powerboost that would, as currently estimated,. give them high odds against single-digits pre- 4-1.

You can agree or disagree with me turning it into a DBZ fest, however, the fact that I merely tried to point out the change from one to the other episode, should not be mistaken for trying to forecast the future :)

Yukimura
Fri, 06-15-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't think we should start pushing DBZ references (and thus derision, since being compared to DBZ never seems to be a good thing) on Claymore just yet. Sure the semi-awakened thing seems to have given Clare & Co more capability, but we only have Miria's speculation to back it up. And in Clare's case at least, the only thing she'd have going for her against another Claymore is Yoki sensing anyway. She's still fairly weak offensively and that hasn't magically changed.

Even if they are all single digit level now it's not going to mean much since the big gulf between 6 and 5 has been introduced as well. Clare may have just jumped over a bunch of scrubs (compared to #'s 1-5), but time will tell if she can take on the boss level Claymores and stand a chance. Obviously she won't just meet one and die, b/c that would be a boring story but look at what happened between her and Miria when they fought, Clare got completely owned then, and there's no reason to think the same thing wouldn't happen if she fought a top 5er who was also suppressing her Yoki.

?igma
Fri, 06-15-2007, 01:05 PM
I dont like DBZ comparisons :P debate ended. Also the reason why I didnt like the twist.

Inazuma
Fri, 06-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Claymore is a pro abstinence show, if you knock yourself out, you'll "awake" and turn into a monster :P

complich8
Fri, 06-15-2007, 05:13 PM
I think it's less pro-abstinence and more pro-tantra. Push yourself to the edge, then pull back, and you can stay there and have a good time for a lot longer >_>.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-15-2007, 09:38 PM
power levels..........eh.

I just thought Teresa is the strongest so far because of the attitude of the "men in black."

Back when Teresa was alive, the guy was like "Teresa of the faint smile............" and goes on to say how powerful she was and how she doesn't have to release her powers.

Now when Clare's guy was talking to her about joining the Awakened hunting team, he said something along the lines of "...our current #1 and #2 are fairly strong."

Just didn't get the feeling that Teresa was referred to as just fairly strong.

But I agree; Claymores in general should be stronger as time goes by, but I think your elites are determined more by perfect youma/human matchups and skill more than anything.

Inazuma
Sun, 06-17-2007, 12:41 PM
The guy in black, is half yoma, yoma or did got hurt by a yoma pretty badly from what can be seen of his face.

But if he was some badass half-yoma he could just feel the claymores powers, or the claymores would be able to sense him.

And one other question, why are all claymores cute ? Heh ... guess it's to make cosplaying much more complicated.

Teressa was not just fairly strong, she was just the perfect anti-yoma weapon. As a comparison if a soldier able to see bullet trajectories and explosion radiuses before it even happened existed he would not be just fairly strong.

Now basic scenario, our claymore heroin got to cut her way through up in the food chain.
Get strong -> Kill -> Stronger -> Kill stronger opponent ... Repeat as necessary.

darkshadow
Mon, 06-18-2007, 09:07 AM
We don't know the true scope of Galatea's ability, only that she shares a sensitivity to yoma energy that equals or surpasses Tersesa's......

This is an invalid statement, nowhere has it been said that Galatea has the same ability, she is just "the only one that can sense yoki from this far", which would mean that all claymore can sense yoki, but that she perhaps finetuned it so she can sense moods aswell.
But we don't know if that isn't a general ability either.
Teresa's ability was to read the FLOW of yoki, not simply sense it, her ability is kinda like.. byakugan and sharingan combined, being able to read the flow perfectly, even with the eyes closed, and knowing where the yoki will flow to.
Not only was teresa really strong, that ability made her pretty much invincible, you can't kill what you can't touch.
Galatea would only be able to sense if:
Someone is bluffing, has murderous intent, is scared, is relaxed. etc.. etc..
Their abilities are 100% different.

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Now now, don't bring Naruto comparisons to Claymore. They are far from similar.

You say my claim is invalid, but there really isn't evidence to support any of your comparisons either. Teresa read yoma energy. Flow, total, doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is, we know next to nothing about what Galatea can do. She was several miles out reading the thoughts of other Claymores by analyzing the way yoma energy flowed through them. We know Yoki can be affected by emotion from the incident in the church as well as Priscilla's Awakening. Galatea reads the Yoki, and perhaps knows what flows correspond to what emotions. Or that's my best guess at how she does it. She told her handler that she was too far out to tell some things accurately. From that, we can guess that she can do more with her ability if she gets closer.

Claymores do everything through the manipulation of Yoki (yoma energy). This was explicitly stated in the first several episodes. They don't get other abilities. Telepathy? Doesn't exist. Claymores gain their abilities through the manipulation, generation, and sensing of the Yoki that yoma and the yoma pieces within themselves create. This is a fact we have been well informed upon.

We don't know what Galatea can do. So I speculated using the facts that we do know.

BananaFob
Mon, 06-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Priscilla was too cute. It's too bad she had to turn to an Awakened Being.

What really bothers me is if Clare actually did drink the blood of Teresa. Unless I missed it, there have been no mentions of Clare drinking Teresa's blood. The images of Teresa herself could possibly just been a memory of how she fought as Clare had witnessed.

Another problem I've reached: If each generation were stronger than the next, wouldn't they be able to beat Priscilla in a few generations later? Although Priscilla has "latent potential", I'm pretty sure her power stops somewhere even after devouring humans. That will make her easier to beat because of the "improvement" of future Claymores.

Based on Raki's actions, emotions, and whatnot, I doubt he'll become a Claymore (as much as I want him to) considering he might give into the feeling of Yoki too much and become an Awakened Being.

Munsu
Mon, 06-18-2007, 08:31 PM
What really bothers me is if Clare actually did drink the blood of Teresa. Unless I missed it, there have been no mentions of Clare drinking Teresa's blood. The images of Teresa herself could possibly just been a memory of how she fought as Clare had witnessed.

So now we are in a Vampire anime?