PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Hot Fuzz

Raven
Fri, 03-16-2007, 08:15 PM
I saw this last night, not sure if it has a US release yet, but I have to say this movie is epic win, for want of a better term. I expected it to be a mildly funny buddy-cop movie with some entertaining parts but it's not really what you think. It's from the creators of Shaun of the Dead which I haven't seen but I will actively go and search out now.

For those who haven't seen it, the trailer can be viewed here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7J_vYN5ZkY)

Can't wait for the DVD!

Ryllharu
Fri, 03-16-2007, 08:59 PM
It's not in US theaters until April 20th.

I've been really looking forward to it though since I heard about it in January or so. I love dark comedy.

Genma
Sat, 03-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Meh, Shaun of the Dead was funny, but many of the same actors in a different themed movie doesn't really appeal to me.

Oh well - it's nice to see that Alexis Denisof is still capable of semi-important roles even after Angel.

AngelEyez
Sat, 03-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Saw Hot Fuzz a few weeks ago. Loved the fact it highlighted some of the funny areas from Shaun of the Dead; you'd know which ones I mean if you have seen the film :p

However I do think over here in the UK the film has been hyped up too much due to the success of Shaun of the Dead, so I guess I was expecting a little more... nevertheless it was still entertaining to see.

darkshadow
Mon, 04-02-2007, 02:53 AM
I saw the movie a few weeks ago, and i have to say i liked it a lot, especially that the story part of it was as long as it was.

XanBcoo
Sun, 04-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Just saw this last night. It had me laughing the whole way through. It has a good mix of really clever jokes and totally stupid ones, that and a lot of physical comedy (by which I mean "granny kicking").

Great movie. I'd go and see this again if I could.

gr3atfull
Wed, 05-23-2007, 09:04 PM
I saw this movie and Shaun of the Dead few days ago.

I really loved these two movies. It is something new. A new kind of comedy. Not the same repeated kind of comedy that you see in Hollywood. I am happy that you posted this movie here because if you didn't, I would never have heard of it.

el_boss
Wed, 06-06-2007, 02:46 AM
Awesome movie. The humour kind of reminded me of 'kiss kiss bang bang'.

Munsu
Thu, 06-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Just saw the movie, and it was great... much better than I expected. I was expecting something similar to Super Troopers and Reno 911, but this movie actually had a bit of substance. The action scenes were great, and pretty groesome at some points.