PDA

View Full Version : Clannad TV

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-16-2007, 01:11 AM
From KyoAni and the same staff behind Kanon, Air and Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

Clannad (http://youtube.com/watch?v=BXLfl-5uER8)

Cast
Mai Nakahara (Naminé @ KH2, Mai @ Mai-Hime/Otome) as Nagisa Furukawa
Ai Nonaka (Konoe Konoka @ Negima) as Fuuko Ibuki
Akemi Kanda (Kagurazaka Asuna @ Negima) as Ryou Fujibayashi
Houko Kuwashima (Sai @ Angelic Layer, Minoru @ Chobits) as Tomoyo Sakagami
Mamiko Noto (Toujou Aya @ Ichigo 100%, Miyazaki Nodoka @ Negima) as Kotomi Ichinose
Ryou Hirohashi (Franca @ Coyote Ragtime Show, Anya @ Negima) as Kyou Fujibayashi

ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7809)
Official Page (http://www.bs-i.co.jp/clannad/)

More info will be revelead March 20. Rumour states it will air in October 2007

Kraco
Fri, 03-16-2007, 02:41 AM
I wonder what it is all about? That teaser video left me with more questions than answers! There seemed to be some small action in it as well, and it didn't exactly look like slapstick either, though I guess it's too early to really judge that.

animus
Fri, 03-16-2007, 05:02 PM
The production values look pretty good for this anime. Also, did anyone notice the strange hiccup or shiver 1 or 2 of the characters had.

From Anidb:
"Adaption of the renowned visual novel by Visual Art`s/Key.

Clannad is set in a high-school located in some Japanese town. Okazaki Tomoya is a third-year student who doesn`t take his studies seriously. Always late for class, he`s seen as a delinquent by the rest of his classmates who are busy preparing for their entrance examinations. Needless to say, he hasn`t too many close friends either.

Tomoya seems not to mind too - until one day he meets a girl, Furukawa Nagisa, who is left alone without friends on this school, because everybody she knew already graduated. What a clumsy girl, he thinks at first. But he can`t leave her alone and so, while helping her, he meets a few other girls from his school. Although he doesn`t care much about them at first, he soon opens his heart to them as they get to know each other better."

Seems like a bishoujo game to me.

kooshi
Fri, 03-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Yay for Kyoto Animation!! And wow, another Key-based anime. KA must really like Key, haha. I wonder how the fantasy is going to turn out in this series. It also seems like there is going to be more than one male leading character (finally, haha).

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 03-16-2007, 05:53 PM
It looks cool. If it is anything like Kanon it shall become my new favorite. When it comes out.

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Clannad was a date-sim game when it came out for the first time. Just like Kanon, yet, unlike Kanon it wasn't an eroge (hentai game) at first. The eroge version came later, contrary to Kanon, where the all-ages version came up later.

Zati
Sun, 03-18-2007, 12:39 AM
Yes, this does look interesting, and I will probably be watching.

Anyways, Promo was just released :

Sprocket & TWH Promo (H.264 1280x720 MKV AC3) (http://a.scarywater.net/sprockethole/CLANNAD_Promo_01_%5BSprocket%5D%5BTWH%5D%5B43A5F95 D%5D.mkv.torrent)

Kraco
Sun, 03-18-2007, 03:21 AM
Is it the same promo that was already at the end of the Kanon final?

RyougaZell
Sun, 03-18-2007, 01:19 PM
It should be. It was announced that new info would be released until the 20th of March, and today is 18....

animus
Thu, 10-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Episode 1 RAW (http://www.nyaatorrents.org./?page=torrentinfo&tid=3957)

The raw of the first episode released.

Kraco
Fri, 10-05-2007, 01:50 AM
This series will surely get a good subber. Or a few.

Edit: There seems to be a couple of subs out already. But both are SD/SQ (or is it LQ) and in 4:3 by Philanthropy-Sekai (http://a.scarywater.net/otacon/%5BPhilanthropy-Sekai%5D_Clannad_01_(Xvid_640x480_SD)_%5B5436E859% 5D.avi.torrent) and Sprocket-TWH (http://a.scarywater.net/sprockethole/CLANNAD_01_PAS_%5BSprocket%5D%5BTWH%5D%5B1870AEFA% 5D.avi.torrent).

Well, I'm going to wait and see if anything resembling HQ (or even HD) in proper ratio will appear.

animus
Fri, 10-05-2007, 11:23 AM
I liked it, it was interesting and quite funny. The production values are also pretty high tbh. Though a lot of the girls just look so damn similiar. The main character is also extremely sarcastic, like Kyon which is a good thing.

Munsu
Fri, 10-05-2007, 11:33 AM
This series will surely get a good subber. Or a few.

Edit: There seems to be a couple of subs out already. But both are SD/SQ (or is it LQ) and in 4:3 by Philanthropy-Sekai (http://a.scarywater.net/otacon/%5BPhilanthropy-Sekai%5D_Clannad_01_(Xvid_640x480_SD)_%5B5436E859% 5D.avi.torrent) and Sprocket-TWH (http://a.scarywater.net/sprockethole/CLANNAD_01_PAS_%5BSprocket%5D%5BTWH%5D%5B1870AEFA% 5D.avi.torrent).

Well, I'm going to wait and see if anything resembling HQ (or even HD) in proper ratio will appear.
Read people saying that Philanthropy version was crap and that Sprocket-TWH was better. Sprocket-TWH seemed to have said that they'll release a better version, WS h264, in about 3 weeks or so.

We have learned that one of the main broadcasters of Clannad, TBS (the Japanese terrestrial station), will be showing it in 4:3 pan-and-scan (or better known as “modified to fit your TV”). The real kicker is that BS-i, the station which broadcast AIR and Kanon, will show the widescreen version of the series after a three-week delay.

After some talk, we have decided that we will do a triple release of each episode:

An Xvid-only release of the 4:3 pan-and-scan version for those who Absolutely Positively Need Their Fix Right Now(R) . Then, three weeks later:
An Xvid version of the widescreen version of the show for those who still have older systems.
An H.264 version of the widescreen version of the show for those who want quality and have the computing horsepower and/or the software needed.
We hope this will satisfy a broad cross-section of the audience who wishes to see Clannad once it starts airing. Though it is a bummer that we’ll only have the 4:3 at first for the first two weeks.

–IJ.

I think I'll wait for the a.f.k. or Eclipse version to come out. But if you're going to download any of the releases that are out, seems like the TWH version is the one to go with.

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-05-2007, 12:38 PM
3 weeks for widescreen huh? I shall wait withouth seeing the 4:3 one... Clannad is worth it.

Zati
Fri, 10-05-2007, 04:33 PM
SS-Eclipse joint release :

Episode 1 (XviD) - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2001%20(XviD)%20%5bB1EB5B15%5d.avi.torrent)
Episode 1 (h264) - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2001%20(h264)%20%5b7EA7C12B%5d.mkv.torrent)

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-05-2007, 10:35 PM
I would not expect too much out of the SS-Eclipse joint in terms of an HD widescreen version.
Eclipse Productions || New show: Clannad - SD NOW, HD 16:9 IN NEVERCan we take it seriously? Are they just temporarily pissed off at leechers begging for it in the channel, not knowing it doesn't air for 3 weeks? I guess we will find out then.

I downloaded their SD version, and I'm really not sure what to think at this point. I find myself attaching to the side characters a lot more than the main cast. Inoue Kikuko is of course, fantastic as always. The only notable exception in the main cast was Kyou. She was the only one I found to spike my interest.

Board of Command
Sat, 10-06-2007, 01:10 AM
^ I agree. I thought Kyou was the most interesting character even though she only showed up for a few seconds.

Yukimura
Sat, 10-06-2007, 03:18 AM
I'll be the third to join the Kyou fan culb, but in al fairness she's the girl with the long blue hair, so of course she's going to be the best. That said I also liked the way Tomoyo defied all logic to lay the smack down on the bikers and the poor guy who thought he should challenger her.

Kraco
Sat, 10-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Too bad Tomoya isn't voiced by Tomokazu Sugita...

This looked like a promising series. Hard to say yet what the bigger picture is going to be, but so far I've liked pretty much all the characters. Tomoya hasn't so far been too emo, and he actually has a reason to be as much as he has been. The Furukawa family is nicely weird as well, which is good if they are going to appear on screen frequently.

I have nothing to complain about, artistically or technically. Except the picture ratio. During the very first seconds you could already imagine how much was lost of the picture. Sucks ass.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-07-2007, 07:49 AM
First impressions of the show are pretty good. Though I'd like to know if the Furukawa girl and the twins are all in senior high. Furukawa agreed that she had to repeat, so it only makes sense that she's alone if she's repeating the highest grade. Also, both twins (forgot names, one's Kyou) looked rather different in age, though the fortune telling one is in Okazaki's class, making them both seniors.

Lol @ the spectator view and Ethanol moments

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Kyou and Ryou. The twins are both 3rd years like Okazaki, Kyou's just in a different class. Plus her sexy long hair makes her look older. That book throw is lethal, it even curved.

kooshi
Tue, 10-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Just like Air and Kanon, Clannad gave me an impressive first impression. It also seems like this series will be more.... "normal" when compared to the other two, due to the large cast.

Kraco
Fri, 10-12-2007, 06:35 AM
It's somehow very fitting this series that continues Kanon's legacy, in a sense at least (don't ask me what sense), also is released on fridays:

Episode 2 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2002%20(h264)%20%5b08B444E2%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 2 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2002%20(XviD)%20%5b02BFA0BE%5d.avi.torrent)

animus
Fri, 10-12-2007, 09:06 AM
I really don't like all the focus on Furukawa. Too boring and bland, and cliche. But she's the main one for a reason I guess. Her name's first in the intro, and she's getting so much screen time.

kooshi
Fri, 10-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Give the series some time; I'm pretty sure it'll focus on the other characters eventually. Plus, I don't think that the focus on Furukawa is not boring, although it is kinda cliche. It fits quite well with what's going on in the story, especially since we're being introduced to the series and characters.

Speaking of which, this series is quite different from Air and Kanon. Two episodes in and the main character is already kinda.... tragic (maybe another word would be better) and not much emphasis on magic or fantasy or such. I was expecting the same kind of formula that Kyoto A. used for Air and Kanon, so this is quite a pleasant surprise to me.

animus
Fri, 10-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Well the show's not boring, but I meant she herself is. Her type of personlitys kinda annoying.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-12-2007, 02:04 PM
She's supposed to be one the simplest definitions of a moe character. The idea is that her personality generates a feeling of wanting to protect her. I find her helpless to the point of being annoying. That's why the definition of moe has gotten so complicated, not every personality type appeals to everyone the same way.

I do like the way they're progressing the story better than Kanon so far. We all kind of know that Tomoya is going to end up, or at least be closest to, Furukawa at the end of the series. Kanon did everything in separate arcs, where most of the characters barely were even involved with one another. Mai and Sayuri didn't know or talk to anyone else, Shiori's only connection was being the sister of Nayuki's best friend, etc. Yuuichi ignored every other girl while the arc focused on one of them. It's a little more like the way AIR was told.

It's still the introduction, but here, Tomoya is still going abound his normal business, gets attacked by Kyou every day, is witness to the fights with Tomoyo daily, and meets other girls around the school. Yet, each episode, the progress the story with Furukawa just a little bit. If they keep it up even when the major character arcs begin, I think it will come off a lot more realistic.

Realistic, even despite the Hit Counter.

I loved the part where he told his entire class that Kyou was Bi.

Kraco
Fri, 10-12-2007, 03:38 PM
I loved the part where he told his entire class that Kyou was Bi.

That was masterful script writing. Also, the part where he played with the absent minded girl crafting the star. That was really good script writing, and also as a detail something that binds this very strongly to the same manner of atmosphere Kanon had. And I like it a lot. The chatacters (or lets say girls at least) each have some traits that are very concentrated and pure (I suppose partly for moe purposes but also for the plot), and it makes this clear yet allows easily sufficient complexity. We don't know yet the extent of the depth this story will have but Kanon and Air had enough of it so it's safe to say this will as well, despite all the moe service.

Furukawa doesn't annoy me. At least not yet. While her character might be quite a cliche, at least she has interesting background elements like the wacko family.

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Clannad's formula is indeed differente from Air and Kanon (at least what we've seen), but is in no way bad. Personally I found 90% if Air boring, and loved Kanon.
Two eps and even with the slow pace Im liking the series a lot. Furukawa, while a bit annoying sometimes, is a character that can grow on me.
The girl with the star and the knife reminded me of Ayu with her 'ugu-like-sound'.
Bi Kyou was awesome.

animus
Fri, 10-12-2007, 09:02 PM
I just noticed, Kyou's got a nice jiggle in the intro while she's bouncing that basketball.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 10-12-2007, 09:21 PM
I also found AIR a tad boring, but that was mainly because of the delivery. The new Kanon was a masterpiece. This one, if it doesnt follow the Kanon footsteps too closely, has potential to be a masterpiece.

I like the injury issue of the main character. It gives him a lot of depth, and the way they revealed it was for me, just amazing. I hope they go shuffle on this one though. Im rooting for hit counter girl. Too bad its not gonna happen.

Yukimura
Sat, 10-13-2007, 12:01 AM
That juggle would make even the most seasoned fighting game afficionado shit their pants.

Anyway, I don't really see much connection between this and Kanon and have little desire to compare the two. I see the similarities of course but they are two different shows and I can't compare and contrast the two without feeling like I'm cheating Clannad since it has barely started telling a story yet. I also find it somewhat funny that other than animus's every post since the ep2 link has mentioned Air and/or Kanon in some capacity. Do you think this show was doomed to live completely in their shadows from the start?

The episode was very interesting though, it was slow and seemingly aimless but they kept dropping little interesting tif bits here and ther that were really nicely done. Each random encounter between Tomoya and one of the other girls from the OP was intriguing and entertaining but the things that went on in between (including the Nagisa scenes to some extent) felt more dull and unengaging.

I find myself really enjoying his interactions with the other girls right as they occur, but his interactions with Nagisa convey much more substance and insight into his character, and they do a great job of presenting things subtly so you don't really put it all together until you've thought on it for a little while.

Kraco
Sat, 10-13-2007, 01:11 AM
I also find it somewhat funny that other than animus's every post since the ep2 link has mentioned Air and/or Kanon in some capacity. Do you think this show doomed to live completely in their shadows from the start?

Definitively not. I only mentioned those because of the technical similarities and the production values. I don't honestly remember Air well enough to speak much about it, but just the depth of Kanon and this series's main characters do make a similarity, along with the depths of the girls he interacts with (even if it is one-dimensional depth for some of the girls). Thus, I said there's similar atmosphere.

It's a kind of similar thing for example considering Type-Moon series. There's certain definite similarity there but it doesn't mean one is automatically in the shadow of the other.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 10-13-2007, 04:29 AM
I think the comparisons cannot be helped (due to the similar art style and studio, setting, and story type), but that just means that it is good in its own right, since it isnt being bashed even if it does come after Kanon. Other than the above mentioned things, I think Clannad has the potential to set the bar higher on its own.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-13-2007, 06:59 PM
I haven't seen Kanon or Air, so I guess Clannad will be a fresh start for me. Two episodes in and they've introduced all the girls from the OP. I wonder if Tomoya's gonna space out and get hit by that book throw one day...

Kraco
Fri, 10-19-2007, 04:59 AM
The trajectories of flying books are hard to predict for they flap their pages like so many wings:

Episode 3 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2003%20(h264)%20%5bB88366E4%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 3 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2003%20(XviD)%20%5bBFA09285%5d.avi.torrent)

- - - - - - -

Edit: I'm beginning to really like this show, just like Kanon 2006. The high production values really show and they alone set this apart from most stuff airing. The careful script writing could be said to be a part of production values but nonetheless I'll have to mention it separately. Like the scenes in the bakery shop and with the electrician. You just don't see stuff like that in any regular series.

It's strange how this feels so different compared to those other high-school series airing now.

animus
Fri, 10-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Ugh, the series is good and all. But I really can't stand Furukawa's personality being the main female lead. It's aggravating that it's used so often, and the other girls get maybe 30 seconds at most of screen time per episode. And in that 30 seconds they're way more interesting than all the time Furukawa gets. Like that girl who makes stars and her hand hurts, Ibuki I think, all of Sunohara's scenes,

Kraco
Fri, 10-19-2007, 11:48 AM
I hope they will get more screen time eventually. With 24 episodes (in total) there should still be time for each of them. I think somebody already mentioned it, but also in Kanon it seemed the show concentrated on each girl in arcs. If that's the format here as well, we might get some sort of a conclusion with Furukawa (temporal until the end of the series, perhaps) and then move on to someone else. Or they might coalesce them at some point, like with the theater club if they don't follow the Kanon format.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-19-2007, 02:15 PM
I mentioned that in Kanon, they focused on each girl completely separately, with Yuuichi often taking a lot of time out of his normal life (and ignoring any interaction with every other girl in the process). It fits the game well, but it's not realistic in a school life situation.

I much prefer this format, where the obvious ending relationship with Furukawa is kindled slowly, and the rest of the girls are scattered around. I'm sure they'll dive into one after another. I'm eager to see what's in store for Kyou and Tomoyo's. They dominate the episodes consistently.

I still love the side characters. Akio and Sanae are just fantastic. But it's Sunohara who really shines. I almost think Tomoyo enjoys the utterly feeble attempts to defeat her, and the hologram/cyborg scene was priceless.

Kyou is hands down my favorite. The lace ribbon in her hair, boar for a pet, the lethal dictionaries, and of course, the jumping spin kick to the face.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-19-2007, 07:38 PM
I wonder if Tomoya's gonna space out and get hit by that book throw one day...
Looks like my guess was a couple of centimeters off, but it did hit. Kyou's blush and glance at Tomoya before kicking Sunohara a second time, is it pure embarrassment or something to do with Tomoya?

THE HOLOGRAM KICKED ME!! that was gold.

animus
Fri, 10-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Embarassment because Sunohara said he saw something blue besides the sole of her shoe (ie her panties would be the best guess). Which is the reason for the follow up kick.

Yukimura
Fri, 10-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Yeah that "WIPE IT FROM YOUR MIND" comment and the immediate shift from anger to embarrassment points to a panty shot. Poor Sunohara is just a women's show magnet, but he always seems to bring it on himself so maybe he's got a fetish.

I must echo the sentiments about Furusawa, the only times in the episodes where I find myself losing interest are when she's involved, though she had some good scenes near the end of 3. Ideally they would just leave her and pursue the more interesting relationships but I coudl settle for more of her as she was when they were practicing her speech.

And why has no one mentioned the trash robot and the girl who made it? What the heck was that all about? I guess the girl could be a more grown up Furusawa from the hair color, but I couldn't really see any other similarities between her and any other character introduced so far.

Kraco
Sat, 10-20-2007, 03:01 AM
I guess nobody has mentioned it because nobody has any idea what it is. I tend to think it's either a depiction of some character's inner world (mental state) or perhaps it's a story one of the characters is writing. It doesn't seem to fit very well together with the rest of the series otherwise, thus I don't consider it to belong to the same world.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-20-2007, 04:08 AM
I guess the girl could be a more grown up Furusawa from the hair color, but I couldn't really see any other similarities between her and any other character introduced so far.

Really?! The first impression I got was a younger version of Furuwawa. Then again, I had another look, and they're similar, but not really identical. I can see no relationship with the robot whatsoever.

Kraco
Fri, 10-26-2007, 07:23 AM
Friday without Clannad would be like #gotwoot without DF... Oh, wait. That already happened. What a bad omen.

Episode 4 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2004%20(h264)%20%5b9C5D0736%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 4 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2004%20(XviD)%20%5b1B590410%5d.avi.torrent)

kenren
Fri, 10-26-2007, 11:49 AM
To think that Fuka is a ghost... she's my favourite character >.<
Anyway, Dango. Dango. Dango. Dango. lol.

Kraco
Fri, 10-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Aye. I don't know what to think about it. Considering it's so close to what happened in Kanon. The girl's trapped in hospital yet still is wandering around. Oh well, if it works then it works. Time will tell.

Very funny episode otherwise. Especially the trick with the juice and straw...Damn I laughed when that happened. You see that kind of stuff only in Kanon and this series. I don't remember any other title that would have nonchalantly presented anything like it. The girlxgirl confession scene was more traditional but executed really well.

A great episode once again.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-26-2007, 02:28 PM
One thing I really like is that Tomoya is a bit of an asshole. Yukito in AIR was a lazy bum, but nice. Yuuichi was nice to everyone. Tomoya on the other hand doesn't hesitate to mess around with people. All the things he makes Fuko do, the traps he gets Sunohara into, the not-so-nice things he says to Nagisa, and especially this episode, the Nagisa x Ryou yuri confession he masterminded. After he's had his fun, he tends to do something nice, but still.

Kyou still ends up being my favorite. She's very overprotective of her sister, no surprise there. One has to wonder how her deeper role (being named in the OP instead of her sister) will start. Who doesn't like the way she was stately sitting in the chair, lording over Tomoya and Sunohara? She did point with her leg, without even a second thought. And they were right at her waist level...

A little bit of Tomoyo development this time. She was worried about being viewed as mannish. Hmm.
Seems like a lot of people have darker pasts.

Tomoya -> Father issues. Sunohara -> Soccer scholarship (like Tomoya's basketball one) but he never plays. Fuko -> ghost? Tomoyo = ?

Kotomi seems like a waste of space though. Maybe some other people are into that kind of thing, but even Mamiko Noto can't save the role for me.

---------------
note: Am I just paranoid coming off of Lucky Star, or did I catch sight of Haruhi (without her ribbon) cleaning erasers outside towards the end of the episode?

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 10-26-2007, 04:21 PM
I am totally falling in love with this anime. It's just great. Loved the Yuri moment and the part where he has Sunohara do all those things then kicking him back to Tomoyo at the end. It's funny how the number of kicks remain and just add up in every ep.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-26-2007, 05:53 PM
CLANNAD OP ED by Nipponsei is out!!

http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Clannad%20Anime%20OP%20ED%20Sing le%20-%20Megumeru%20~cuckool%20mix%202007~%20%5BVarious% 5D.zip.torrent

Hmm, Fuko=ghost. Not so often that you find a ghost what can sculpture, let alone stick a straw up. We'll get more development on that next ep.

Had a couple of different things change this episode. More than one encounter of Sunohara vs Tomoyo. No girl and robot scene at the start, and no Kyou's lethal pitches.

I really like how Clannad is turning out. It's got a light feel to it, but yet it's developing solidly.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 10-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Tomoyo is my personal favorite. I really love her voice and character. It just feels perfect in unison.

RyougaZell
Sat, 10-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Okay... I'll start getting a month behind...

SS-Eclipse just released first ep on widescreen
AVI: [SS-Eclipse] Clannad - 01 (704x400 XviD) [8DBA8169].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2001%20(704x400%20XviD)%20%5b8DBA8169%5d.avi.torr ent)
MKV: [SS-Eclipse] Clannad - 01 (1024x576 h264) [310AA9E5].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2001%20(1024x576%20h264)%20%5b310AA9E5%5d.mkv.tor rent)

Thus... I shall wait this version now.

Yukimura
Sat, 10-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Excellent, now that they're having the characters interact with one another more Nagisa's short-comings are getting shored up and she 's become interesting to watch.

The yuri scene was good fun (I guess if I'd seen dozens it wouldn't have been so great but thits is only #2-3 for me). Fuko is so kawaii it hurts so I guess it would make sense that she was unnatural (more likely explanation...she ran/runs away from the hospital). Kyou makes a great queen bee, with her foot pointing and regal arrogance, but like many queen bee types her tough but collected front disappears when her sister is involved. And the smart girl... maybe she's a savant or something because lacks even basic social interaction skills and attention span. And last but not least Tomoyo reveals more and more about herself with each Sunohara ass kicking. I suspect she had a harsh upbringing under a martial arts teacher/ninja father figure but now she's trying to regain some normality in her life.

Kraco
Fri, 11-02-2007, 07:29 AM
Savants and servants, nobles and vassals:

Episode 5 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2005%20(h264)%20%5b0DF15322%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 5 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2005%20(XviD)%20%5bB87672D3%5d.avi.torrent)

- - - - - - - - -

Edit This show continues to rock. The scene with the spontanious sex change... You only see something like that in series like Kanon and this. While the scene as such was totally absurd it was still strangely realistic in the sense how Tomoya couldn't even watch it because he was laughing so hard. This really is a unique way how they are taking the story forward and how they are developing the characters.

Everon
Sat, 11-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Its a fun story and the character's are great, but I'm surprised how okazaki can time after time effortlessly mix people into these pranks. Don't get me wrong, I've met some really gullible people in my life. But I don't think I've ever seen this many airheads lined up in a room before.

BTW, whats up with the ending song? For some reason its one of the few I patiently listen to. I hope it doesn't get stuck in my head.

Yukimura
Sat, 11-03-2007, 01:18 AM
THis episode did suffer some from a lack of Tomoyo (why would they name her Tomoyo when the main character's name is Tomoya....) but it was still very funny and excellent. Fuko's air headedness seems to be contagious but it produces such good results.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-03-2007, 03:29 AM
Too many good laughs to list for me.

Seems like Fuko will take center stage for a couple of episodes. This is really making me think as to whether Fuko is really a spirit or ghost. Everything seems that way, but, ghosts don't usually touch things...

Instead of meeting Fuko up with her sister, getting her to go to the hospital with the Sensei would be the best idea. (though not from the point of view regarding storyline or psychological shock)

Ryllharu
Sat, 11-03-2007, 05:25 AM
This is a KEY series, ghosts can tackle people, and consume copious amounts of food outside. It's so nice hearing Yuko Minaguchi (Akiko in Kanon) play the older sister type again.

True there was no Tomoyo, but we did get plenty of Ryou/Kyou, as well as Akio and Sanae. Sanae even got to play teacher.

Nagisa's reaction about Tomoya's single status made the episode for me though, it was so cute.

oyabun
Sat, 11-03-2007, 05:46 AM
Aw no Tomoyo.... I miss her.. :( The part where they trick fu-chan about Tomoya turning into a girl was the best. Her responses are so innocent and funny.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-03-2007, 09:01 AM
he part where they trick fu-chan about Tomoya turning into a girl was the best. Her responses are so innocent and funny

It drops off every now and again...oh, it reattached. :D

I also enjoyed the peeping tom part. And picking the neighbour's last name...she almost deserved that punch.

Is Sanae voiced by the Seiyu who also did Belldandy?

I wonder if we'll run into that Senior girl again. She was really cool (in a bad way) to Fuko after the introduction.

Ryllharu
Sat, 11-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Sanae is voiced by Kikuko Inoue, who not only did Belldandy, but also Mizuho-sensei in Onegai Teacher, which is why I loved the "classroom" scene.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-03-2007, 07:58 PM
I thought she sounded familiar.

I haven't seen Onegai Teacher yet, but I'll be on the lookout if I get around to it. I would never have picked out that she did Miria from Claymore though.:eek:

I really like how they put in little bits of RPG elements into this anime. The "Sunohara join party" thing from last ep was pretty good, but I really liked the "mastered bewitching everyone you talk to."

The staff pay a lot of attention to detail, which is awesome.

Kraco
Fri, 11-09-2007, 07:24 AM
People tackling ghosts are poor hosts:

Episode 6 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2006%20(h264)%20%5bFA6782F4%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 6 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2006%20(XviD)%20%5bFC914F91%5d.avi.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-10-2007, 08:34 AM
So Ibuki sensei really can't see Fuko... Tomoya's combo count didn't go up either, but maybe it didn't cound because it wasn't a proper stand-off. More like Sunohara vs Anonymous Bear. the fiancee guy didn't seem to happy. I think we'll hear more about it later. Many random funny moments in this episode, as always. New Fuko club's been established, and Tomoya's mastered two more skills.

Kraco
Fri, 11-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Many new useful skills are just awaiting to be mastered by a worthy student.

Episode 7 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2007%20(h264)%20%5b28875D83%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 7 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2007%20(XviD)%20%5b3D217277%5d.avi.torrent)

- - - - - - -

Edit: This series seems to be heading down similar mixed paths of humour and sadness as Kanon was. I am happy it does, of course, because that was something that made Kanon what it was, and while I don't expect this series to reach similar levels, it will surely end up a head taller than most shows out there.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Haven't seen Kanon, but agreeing with the humour/sadness statement. One moment, I was laughing, and the next, it was...sad. I really want Fuko to wake up. Somewhere deep down I think she will, but the scene with Sunohara and Tomoya still worked.

"I like you more than sea slugs" might actually be a very praising compliment.

RyougaZell
Sat, 11-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Clannad WideScreen

Ep 02
Avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2002%20(704x400%20XviD)%20%5b1EB1E093%5d.avi.torr ent)
Mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2002%20(1024x576%20h264)%20%5bF952E06B%5d.mkv.tor rent)

Ep 03
Avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2003%20(704x400%20XviD)%20%5b57899C1C%5d.avi.torr ent)
Mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2003%20(1024x576%20h264)%20%5b777BD343%5d.mkv.tor rent)

Ep 04
Avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2004%20(704x400%20XviD)%20%5b3E55B26E%5d.avi.torr ent)
Mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2004%20(1024x576%20h264)%20%5b63390FE0%5d.mkv.tor rent)

Kraco
Fri, 11-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Sea slugs surely are such lovely creatures worth admiration...

Episode 8 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2008%20(h264)%20%5bB592EE46%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 8 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2008%20(XviD)%20%5bBAE551E0%5d.avi.torrent)

- - - - - - - -

Edit: I really wouldn't want to say this, but I'm starting to feel this Fuko arc is getting somewhat stretched. Of course this seems to be a series of a somewhat slow pace in general, but still. Well, if it ends soon, all is well. It has been quite a remarkable arc in any case, and most certainly quite different to the fare usually present in high-school dramas...

But it unfortunately looks like Fuko won't be subjected to further pranks anymore. Damn her heightened internal alarm level.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-23-2007, 09:01 PM
It really does look like this arc will finish next episode, or at least Fuko'll finally disappear. I personally really want her to wake up. If not soon, then maybe in the final episode or something. We've also been shown a ranking as to who Fuko was most important to. Unlike Sunohara though, Sanae remembers why she was at the hospital, and her words were bordering heart-wrenching.

Yukimura
Sat, 11-24-2007, 02:41 AM
Man it's just ike Kanon the way it gets into your emotions and just cuts you apart. Sanae almost had me in tears with her monologue, and I noticed Nagisa got more and more physical with Fuko as the episode went on. The attention to all the little details everywhere really sucks you in and makes you feel what the characters feel, and that's why Key awesome.

As much as I like the things this arc has brought on I too am starting to wish it would wrap up for the simple reason that I want to see more of the other characters. The genius girl is nowhere to be seen and Kyou and Tomoyo are getting only token screen time.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-24-2007, 11:01 AM
I noticed Nagisa got more and more physical with Fuko as the episode went on.

And in later parts, Fuko didn't go into Happy Mode. Guess she's not in the mood to feel happy. I bet you when they wake up next ep, they won't see Fuko anymore. The memory will still be there. Whether Fuko's still around we'll never find out, I guess. It's like the "is there a sound if no one heard it" question. Though, if a star (or should I say starfish?) randomly appears in their hands, then it's Fuko.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Clannad ep 9

h264 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2009%20(h264)%20%5bE2E0973D%5d.mkv.torrent)

xvid (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2009%20(XviD)%20%5bD3522BEB%5d.avi.torrent)

Kraco
Fri, 11-30-2007, 11:08 AM
It was quite an ending to the arc. While I was already thinking it was getting too long and the emotional impact wouldn't be that high, partly due to the length, I have to say now this last episode of the arc was an excellent one and surely shouldn't leave anybody cold. Good old Kanon vibes in that sense. Sad and happy at the same time.

animus
Fri, 11-30-2007, 01:18 PM
That was quite touching. I was hoping they'd remember her completely, but I guess not. Did she end up passing away in the hospital, or is she still in her coma?

Kraco
Fri, 11-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Coma, I'd assume, because they still believe they will see her one day (the real girl, not a ghost. The ghost they have forgotten already).

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-30-2007, 07:14 PM
So this concludes the Fuko arc. Great execution I thought. It was really touching how she could finally meet her sister, and also the night at school. It was a bit weird how Tomoya and Nagisa forgot about the wedding though, and that old teacher did. Maybe it was just their shock from forgetting Fuko, or something like that... I still haven't figured out the significance of the scrap robot in the first three episodes. I thought they had something to do with Fuko, since they stopped showing them when Tomoya and Nagisa finally discovered her and started helping her out, but the words from the robot didn't quite fit into anything.

Next week, we'll have a new arc, Socialising Kotomi.

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Fuko also forced the Nagisa x Tomoya relationship a little further by forcing them to call each other by more familiar names. A nice little progression towards what I assume will be our final arc. I much prefer the way Clannad has been going about it over Kanon's isolated approach.

All in all, a very touching first arc. Not nearly as heart-wrenching as previous KEY series arcs, and it leaves you with a warm feeling instead.

Kraco
Sat, 12-01-2007, 03:30 AM
It was a bit weird how Tomoya and Nagisa forgot about the wedding though, and that old teacher did. Maybe it was just their shock from forgetting Fuko, or something like that...

I viewed it so that everything that basically was caused by, or began from, Fuko was forgotten. Tomoya and Nagisa knew of the wedding and affected it because they heard of it from Fuko. The old teacher, however, learned it from Tomoya and Nagisa and not Fuko, so he wasn't connected to the ghost. Maybe that's why he didn't forget it.

MFauli
Sat, 12-01-2007, 06:26 AM
I didnt like that story too much. Thought Clannad was your typical romantic anime, but this Fuko-stuff is pure fantasy "oh, i cant see her anymore, even though shes standing right next to me".
Whatever.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 12-02-2007, 04:00 AM
Well, to each his own I guess. I never thought anyone would prefer typical romantic anime over Clannad, but the world is huge.

I personally loved the way the episode progressed, especially how at first they made tomoya and nagisa forget, only to give it a happy arc end.

Was Tomoyo with that bastard Sunohara???? She and that cretin were the only students wearing outside clothes, so it kind of implies they went together.

Ryllharu
Sun, 12-02-2007, 07:45 AM
Tomoyo was standing with the brown-haired girl from the annex library. Though if they had been, I wouldn't have minded.

He does talk to her the most out of anyone in the school. Since they're clearly going for the Nagisa route as the final, it would be nice to see one of the girls who isn't "the winner" paired up with someone else instead of being alone.

If you think about it, despite always trying to figure out if she is a man in disguise, Sunohara gives her a lot of attention. There was even a scene or two a couple episodes back where their rivalry was beginning to soften.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Was Tomoyo with that bastard Sunohara???? She and that cretin were the only students wearing outside clothes, so it kind of implies they went together.

Tomoyo? You meant the dorm lady right? Tomoyo was in school uniform. The only ones that stood out who where in formal wear were Sunohara, dorm lady and Nagisa's parents. Just rewatched the ep again, and was thinking if she woke up, whether everybody will remember everything again, or at least Tomoya and Nagisa plus a few others.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 12-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Oh so thats who that girl was. Mistook her for Tomoyo.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-07-2007, 07:24 PM
And we start a new arc with Clannad episode 10

h264 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2010%20(h264)%20%5b2ED7F1FA%5d.mkv.torrent)

xvid (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2010%20(XviD)%20%5b337CE0EC%5d.avi.torrent)

edit: from ss-eclipse of course.

edit2: So Ryou likes Tomoya? Or at least that's what Kyou reckons. I got that impression in the first ep, when Ryou blushed when she saw Tomoya and Nagisa talking on the grass. After the bittersweet ending of the Fuko arc, the humor's back and kicking, quite literally.

Kraco
Sat, 12-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Somehow I get a feeling the theater club is never going to happen. People seriously get distracted there all the time.

And yes, it indeed looks that way with Ryou. I had forgotten that. It's not like she would be too visible a character, though. I wonder if anything will be done for her during the series, that is, if she even has anything Tomoya can help with.

animus
Sat, 12-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Kyou needs to take the spotlight soon and have her arc.

I really liked the Ichinose hugging Tomoyo in the Bear Costume thing. And haha @ Sunohara, what was he trying to say when he said Rezombie?

kooshi
Sat, 12-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Great episode to start the beginning of a new arc. I gotta say, I felt a little bad for Tomoya for getting quite a beating this episode. First, getting run over by Kyou's scooter. Second, getting THE kick during the circle of introductions. Haha, for me, that kick has become the best kick in the series so far.
Maybe the whole RyouxTomoya thing will be resolved when Kyou's arc comes around. Been kinda suspecting it since ep 1, but wasn't really sure about it.

Yukimura
Sat, 12-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Lol I thought I wouldn't like Kotomi but she's quite alright, I like her little quirks like "Are they going to bully me?" and introducing herself to Tomoya instead of the person in front of them (which did get old exactly where Tomoya pointed it out which was just hilarious). I'm quess her arc will involve her learning how to socialize, which probably won't be as heavy as Fuuko's arc, but night reveal some interesting things about her past and of course bring the charachters closer together.

Kotomi x Tomoyo in the bear costume was probably my favorite scene, with Kyou's delayed Destiny Kick a close second.

Ryllharu
Sat, 12-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Well, they've been bringing most of the storylines in earlier (typically the following arcs plotlines into the current arc, excepting Nagisa) so as not to make the shift in plot so abrupt. It really flows much more nicely.

So Ryou like Tomoya, and Kyou is more than happy to help her younger sister along. But the hints have been there all along. Ryou has often gotten embarrassed when Tomoya shows up with another girl from seemingly nowhere. Only with Kotomi she was visibly disturbed. Was Fuuko too loli and Nagisa still so adamant to deny it for Ryou to be bothered?

I still enjoy how everyone assumes that Nagisa and Tomoya are going out. They may try to deny it...

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-08-2007, 10:35 PM
And haha @ Sunohara, what was he trying to say when he said Rezombie?

He was trying to say "revenge".

Kotomi's past seems to be the key to her, I think. Sure, she was scared and all with all the introducing, but she was uncomfortable in a different way when they mentioned her parents being scholars. Maybe she's been trying to live up to their extraordinary standards all her life. It's funny how they're trying to teach Kotomi socialising skills by learning from Tomoya's jabs.

animus
Sun, 12-09-2007, 09:22 AM
He was trying to say "revenge".

Kotomi's past seems to be the key to her, I think. Sure, she was scared and all with all the introducing, but she was uncomfortable in a different way when they mentioned her parents being scholars. Maybe she's been trying to live up to their extraordinary standards all her life. It's funny how they're trying to teach Kotomi socialising skills by learning from Tomoya's jabs.

Ah, now that makes sense.

Kraco
Fri, 12-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Master the jabs and become an excellent scholar.

Episode 11 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2011%20(h264)%20%5b859EDCE5%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 11 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2011%20(XviD)%20%5b1EB26315%5d.avi.torrent)

animus
Fri, 12-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Haha, some of these scenes are crazier than those in Minami-ke.

Kraco
Fri, 12-14-2007, 02:46 PM
It was an interesting dream, at least!

Yukimura
Fri, 12-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Lol, another awesome episode. Kotomi is almost as cute as Fuuko in her own absurd way. And what was the deal with Kyou talking with Tomoya about girls? Was she referering to Ryou or herself (I can't remember if Kyou gets good grades or not but I wouldn't be surprised at all if she had her own interest in him)? And of course overly dramatic cameos from the best anime parent duo ever.

I really like how they find ways to incorporate so many previously established characters into each episode fairly seamlessly. Even though Tomoyo, the Fujibayashi's and even the Dorm Leader aren't seemingly involved with the plot at all they don't let us forget that they exist and keep dropping little hints about them so if the plot moves to them it won't feel strange at all. Good storytelling IMO.

animus
Fri, 12-14-2007, 04:09 PM
I think she might get good grades, she is a Class Rep though that doesn't exactly entail her good grades, but it should mean she's dedicated I guess (and seemingly lucrative, blackmailing those students to join the recital).

Kraco
Fri, 12-14-2007, 06:01 PM
And of course overly dramatic cameos from the best anime parent duo ever.

The death scenes after the concert were great, indeed.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Plenty of good laughs. Actually having some trouble remembering how sad the Fuko arc was after this ep. I'm pretty sure Kyou was talking about her sister. They've made Ryou's feelings even more obvious this ep. Kyou sure has her way with people, guess that's how she got to be class rep. Kotomi actually DID improve too. Slight melody amongst that barrage of sound waves.

I'm thinking that guy at the end was Kotomi's dad or something. It looks like they're moving or something, just as Kotomi has made friends.

edit: Tomoyo's voice was especially deep this week.

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Too much of Miya-Miya Black? (bamboo blade reference for those uninformed)

She did get to meet her idol. Perhaps instead of getting all high pitched, Tomoyo goes lower?

Mahou Shoujo Kyou was still my favorite moment of the episode.

animus
Fri, 12-14-2007, 07:36 PM
More like Mahou Neko Shoujo Kyou (Not sure if that's the right positioning ah well). It was hilarious, but Okazaki's reaction to his imagination was just as great.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-15-2007, 06:54 PM
CLANNAD will not be airing on December 27th or January 3rd. Episode 13 will thus be airing on January 10th, 2008. (http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007/12/13/clannad-11/0

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 12-16-2007, 05:30 AM
No Clannad for two weeks after 12 eh. That sucks. Won't be surprised if other stuff is delayed for Christmas and New Years. Well gives me time to catch up on some other things.

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 12-16-2007, 05:31 AM
Whoops sorry for the double post. Connection got interrupted.

RyougaZell
Sun, 12-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Bleh... I keep waiting for the WideScreen episodes so I am far behind to comment...

fireheart
Fri, 12-21-2007, 02:06 AM
Episode 12 Sprocket-Wafflehouse (http://a.scarywater.net/sprockethole/CLANNAD_12_PAS_%5BSprocket%5D%5BTWH%5D%5B0395BB5E% 5D.avi.torrent)

oyabun
Fri, 12-21-2007, 07:17 AM
thanks, sucks because episode 13 wont be coming next week..

shinta|hikari
Fri, 12-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Really good episode. Nice development. Im always a fan of unstable characters. I honestly have to say I greatly underestimated the state she was in.

animus
Fri, 12-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Eh, no SS-Eclipse version yet, meh.

kooshi
Sat, 12-22-2007, 07:04 AM
Ep 12 (h264) by SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2012%20(h264)%20%5bC171C249%5d.mkv.torrent)
Ep 12 (XviD) by SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2012%20(XviD)%20%5b7C6D3D3B%5d.avi.torrent)

Ryllharu
Sat, 12-22-2007, 08:33 AM
A unexpected taste of Kanon-style childhood amnesia.

Lots of great stuff for a Kyou fans like me though. Loved the Fuko appearance, especially her stumbling during her magical girl style appearance and every word of her dialogue.

Can't say I expected Kotomi to be like that. I was completely confused by the speech "the bad man" gave. Kotomi's parents were involved in what exactly? Quantum physics, parallel universes or worlds? KEY series have always had a supernatural element to them, but this time it sounds like some serious science fiction.

animus
Sat, 12-22-2007, 01:21 PM
I kinda thought during his speech about his parents that Kotomi was like some genome super soldier haha.

narutosharingan
Sat, 12-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Well it feels as tho she may have been manipulated in a lab, or created that way

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-22-2007, 06:04 PM
I was just thinking that they died in some sort of experiment, but it kinda looks like the fire. Studying abroad. I knew she had to leave somehow, but I kinda wish that every character didn't just leave after their arc was over. Fuko's come back was nice. At first I thought Kotomi and Tomoya were siblings of sort, and somehow got separated.

edit: noticed little things too this ep. The fire dream that Tomoya had, Kotomi saw a toy rabbit, then the deer, then Tomoya. It didn't feel like it, but she may have subconsciously remembered that she and Tomoya knew when they were young. Also, about the accident, maybe it was a car crash, since she snapped after seeing it.

Ryllharu
Sat, 12-22-2007, 06:33 PM
One other reference I forgot to mention in this episode was the stuffed toy in the crane game. That would be the oversized giant anteater stuffed animal that Sayuri was going to give Mai as a birthday present in Kanon.

Bow around its neck and everything.

fireheart
Sat, 12-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Well at least that explains how Kotomi was able to talk with Tomoya easily, thinking back to when Tomoya asked her about it. Hope they give a good reason for why he forgot about her and wonder if the whole hidden world is related to the dream Tomoya has about the girl and all that. Well hoping that Kotomi won't leave the show after her arc, more fun to see her hang around and the "bad guy" is kinda weird the things he talked about and everything made him seem yeah just plain weird

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Well at least that explains how Kotomi was able to talk with Tomoya easily, thinking back to when Tomoya asked her about it. Hope they give a good reason for why he forgot about her and wonder if the whole hidden world is related to the dream Tomoya has about the girl and all that. Well hoping that Kotomi won't leave the show after her arc, more fun to see her hang around and the "bad guy" is kinda weird the things he talked about and everything made him seem yeah just plain weird

Did you mean the dream with the girl and the robot? That's just about the most confusing part of this series. They had it in the beginning, dropped it when we had some development with Fuko, then had it the first ep after we ended the Fuko arc. It seems like some sort of alternate/fantasy world. You're probably right, it may be a dream. But who's dream? I don't see any connection between that and Tomoya, but that's entirely possible. Maybe it's about Nagisa giving meaning again to Tomoya's life. It was going on about being reborn and stuff.

I think that bad guy might have seemed weird because he seemed to know a lot, but was really reserved, with all the privacy and stuff, so we're edging to find out what it is.

Also, I don't think we'll have a Ryou arc. I'm hypothesising that the arcs will be based the girls who have their names shown in the OP. If the story goes there, we'll have it over this and Kyou's arc, as someone mentioned before.

fireheart
Sat, 12-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah I meant that dream. Think the Tomoya is the robot since everything seems to be out of the robots perspective while he was just a body less soul and after he became the robot. And it seems likely to be Tomoyas dream, since they've talked about hidden worlds and what seems like different dimensions it could be likely that while he sleeps he can peer into another being in another time and space, this ability could be related to Kotomis parents since he he know her he should have known her parents. Actually forgot about the dream until they started to show it again. It could be as you said but it feels like it has some other meaning than that.

Mm think it was that he was being cryptic in the things he said, he'd keep hinting things and then withdraw and the things he said didn't make much sense. Besides her parents seem to have passed away some time ago so what is he even doing "stalking" Kotomi and constantly trying to contact her. He can't be that stupid that he doesn't notice how much she doesn't want to see him from how she hide from him and if all he wants to say is sorry that seems like a bad idea. It's kinda like the things he says and does don't mix together, though from Tomoyas dream it seems the weird guy was there when he was a kid during the fire.

It usually goes like that with a main side character in the stories Fuukos sister, weird guy etc so guessing Ryou will be the main side character in Kyou's arc.

Edit: Ohh yeah don't know if it's been mentioned before but the wafflehouse are currently translating the game so it might be interesting to check out once it's done to find out more details about certain arcs

narutosharingan
Wed, 12-26-2007, 04:34 PM
How many episodes is this series supposed to last?

fireheart
Wed, 12-26-2007, 08:05 PM
I think it's suppose to be 24 episodes

Well can't double post right or am I allowed to after it's been so long? Anyway here's episode 13 by sprocket and TWH, my only comments so far is the episode ended far to early wanted to watch more :( (http://a.scarywater.net/sprockethole/CLANNAD_13_PAS_%5BSprocket%5D%5BTWH%5D%5BBFA232A3% 5D.avi.torrent)

Kraco
Sat, 01-12-2008, 10:04 AM
It feels like it wasn't even this year when I last time posted here...

Episode 13 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2013%20(h264)%20%5b7DB0A606%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 13 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2013%20(XviD)%20%5bAF2D514C%5d.avi.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Well, I have to say, episode 12's preview pretty much told us everything about this episode besides how Kotomi's parents died. But there's one thing that I find interesting. Has Kotomi been portraying herself has she has to the outside on purpose, or is it the result of those long days of studying and no communicating? The latter makes sense, but it could also be that she's acting all formal in hope that she's a "good girl" and that she can redeem for her actions.

I liked this episode, good ol' Clannad feel is back after the new year break.

Kraco
Sun, 01-13-2008, 04:01 AM
She had no friends even as a kid when her parents were still alive so I assume it's not all an act or a trait of personality developed later. No doubt she changed dramatically as well, though, anybody probably would.

She also said she intends to continue her parents work and apparently they were well known around the world for whatever research they did so all the studying is of course explained by that, even if it is quite a decision made by a little girl.

One thing I wonder is who took care of her. Surely she didn't live all by herself right from the beginning. She wasn't very old when the accident happened. There had to be someone.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 01-13-2008, 08:29 AM
She wasn't very old when the accident happened. There had to be someone.

My guess: the "bad" guy.

Kraco
Sun, 01-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Well, it could be, but that would then assume she would have spent considerable time in his company, and the way she treats him now certainly doesn't suggest anything like that happened. It also needs to be remembered somebody had to take care of all the expenses, and a tiny girl couldn't pay all the bills and such things. Naturally the bad guy could have kept paying some maid to keep the house running and taken care of any money issues but that's somewhat unlikely. He was just a collegue of her parents, according to his own words. Maybe she was living at some relative's house until she got old enough to move back to her empty home.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 01-13-2008, 09:35 AM
The only other person to come to mind would be that teacher. She kept Kotomi's story a secret because of privacy issues. Sure, teachers are supposed to do that, but I got the feeling she was treating it a little differently. Also, the teachers at school allow her to skip classes and all. Attendance is a must where I live, whether you're a genius or not. If a teacher was looking after her then she would probably help her in some way so she can continue her parents' research.

The teacher seems kinda random though, I'm more willing to go with that colleague or a relative. Also, they stopped the flashback when Kotomi started burning the paper. I thought she ended up setting the whole toy room alight or something, and Tomoya came to protect her, while the old man turned up to put it out. Or was that a dream?

fireheart
Sun, 01-13-2008, 10:48 AM
It was Tomoyas dream but seeing as it's likely his memory it did happen after she burned the paper. There's one thing though the "bad" guy wants to apologize for what they did to her so it's quite possible that he paid for all her expenses as a way to redeem himself. Second of all her parents were well know so it wouldn't be a stretch to say they left her with a lot of money only thing is that she'd be to young to handle the money. If he were a mere college of her parents he wouldn't still be trying to apologize or anything considering how long it's been since they died. Guessing there's something more to it that keeps him there, besides he's the most logical explanation besides relatives to have taken measures to look out for her.

Kraco
Sun, 01-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah. But the thing is that if a child is orphaned, I don't think it's enough to be the colleague of the kid's parents to become the legal guardian. I'm not actually sure how the laws go but I imagine if some relatively close relative is willing to take the kid, then that's the natural way but otherwise the system will look for foster parents suitable and willing to adopt. And seeing how she didn't even want to see the geezer, I doubt he would have been selected.

fireheart
Mon, 01-14-2008, 01:07 AM
Ohh that's also assuming things work the same there as in the normal world. It's anime they don't have to come up with a logical explanation to how she managed unless it's something plot related or gets taken up by someone. For all we know she might have lived all by herself without anyone taking care of her, which isn't logical at all yet logical seeing as she's 18 at most and if she lived with relatives it's quite possible she moved once she turned 18 but somehow I don't quite see it since it seems that she stayed in that house ever since they died. The preview stated something about her always waiting for Tomoya after all if that's true it should mean she did stay there, if there were relatives that lived there then the garden and such wouldn't be in such bad shape. I don't really see the guy as a foster parent just a potential trying to help out from the shadows type of person.

Edit: Woho for wiki though they could be wrong of course

"A gentleman without a given name, and previously known as "Man in Black clothes" in Clannad anime. Kotomi refers him as a bad guy, due to her misunderstanding and her hidden tragedy. He is actually Kotomi's guardian"

Edit 2: Yeah I know everyone or almost everyone here watch the SS-Eclipse version which includes me. Either way figured I might as well post it up anyway.

Episode 14 by Sprocket TWH (http://a.scarywater.net/sprockethole/CLANNAD_14_PAS_%5BSprocket%5D%5BTWH%5D%5B1CDCDAB1% 5D.avi.torrent)

Kraco
Fri, 01-18-2008, 01:05 PM
A gentleman without a name:

Episode 14 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2014%20(h264)%20%5b16CA302A%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 14 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2014%20(XviD)%20%5b12557BC1%5d.avi.torrent)

narutosharingan
Fri, 01-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Well that was a heart-warming ending. The godfather, still without a name, presents a very nice present.

Ryllharu
Fri, 01-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Well, I can't say I was quite as moved as I was with the Fuuko arc, but it was a happy and warm ending. Kotomi is cute. Was there a time jump at the end of the episode? Maybe only a month or two...?

Is it a Sunohara arc next? I do notice that Nagisa is going to weep, again, and that's just a moe overload every time.

Kraco
Sat, 01-19-2008, 04:08 AM
Yeah. I wasn't as moved either, but it did surely fulfill its purpose and complete the arc nicely. The stranger wasn't indeed a total stranger after all (if being a godfather means much in Japan, I don't know). The theory of everything always sounded a bit cheesy to me, because I doubt they were talking about the superstring theory there, so I can't say I'm sorry this arc ended. I'm much more interested in the next one. Perhaps it will reveal something new or new details about Tomoya as well (something more relevant than that he knew a girl in the past).

Kraco
Fri, 01-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Tears are more precious than the price of water and salt, yet the poorest of men can afford the words that will stop the tears.

Episode 15 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2015%20(h264)%20%5b6D97B352%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 15 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2015%20(XviD)%20%5b805E646C%5d.avi.torrent)

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-25-2008, 01:08 PM
This episode was hilarious, especially the last minutes. TomoyoXTomoya action is not bad either.

Kraco
Fri, 01-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Yeah. It was good to see Tomoya back at his old habit of trying to fool every person he deals with. Or at least every other.

animus
Fri, 01-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Haha, good episode. Tomoya's going back into his stride of things. And it's always good seeing more Tomoyo.

narutosharingan
Fri, 01-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Well that was more like it. More Tomoya fun, which is always entertaining.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 01-25-2008, 06:41 PM
haha, gay Sunohara, that was the best. :D

Next week should be good too, but what makes Tomoyo ask Tomoya I wonder?

Rather a Sunohara arc, this looks to be Tomoya's arc, or just a few random episodes.

Kraco
Fri, 01-25-2008, 07:23 PM
I think this was just a warm-up. Don't forget we got Sunohara's little sister introduced right at the end of the ep. I doubt they would have brough her in now if Sunohara wasn't going to get his deal sorted out soon.

And Tomoya is in every arc obviously. I deem it likely Nagisa's arc, probably at the end of the series, will also be Tomoya's own arc. They are the official pair, aren't they?

Ryllharu
Fri, 01-25-2008, 08:08 PM
This definitely looks like a Sunohara arc to me. It'll probably be a short one, since we have 3 (or 4) girls to still give full arcs to.

But that aside, Sunohara deserves special praise for his role in this series. Unlike the last two KEY series, instead of being completely worthless comedy relief, or a largely passive protagonist, Sunohara fills both roles and more. In addition to being excellent comedy relief (Tomoyo's punching bag, east target for Tomoya, acts like a fool all on his own, etc), Sunohara adds a lot to the series.

His very vocal reaction to Nagisa being pushed around through sympathy, the effort he goes through to try to get some that shows he really is considerate of others, and he always has Tomoya's back on things without asking too many questions.

I would not hesitate to say that Sunohara is probably the best supporting character in at least a decade of anime. Not only is he a good supporter of the main character, he has his own storyline, and he performs nearly all the comedy relief in the series by himself.

----------------------------------------
Shameless fangirlism for Sunohara aside, I loved how just as Sunohara would have gotten the sense that something was a little off in his conversation with Nagisa, she drove him off by declaring Tomoya to be her boyfriend, firmly giving her the idea that he was gay for Tomoya. Tomoya's plans are perhaps a little too devious.

Yay for Yukari Tamura. Her voice fits characters of Mei's image perfectly.

Kraco
Fri, 02-01-2008, 06:20 AM
3% of a decade of Clannad behind:

Episode 16 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2016%20(h264)%20%5b6AEAB021%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 16 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2016%20(XviD)%20%5b7D2E9B64%5d.avi.torrent)

animus
Fri, 02-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Haha good episode. I liked the sausage to Sunohara's nose instinct.

Tomoyo and Kyou rivalry of the violent high school girls is hopefully gonna continue trucking along.

Kraco
Fri, 02-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Aye, it was a great episode. The pranks continued nicely in the beginning.

The basketball match was also nicely balanced; how the rookies couldn't quite make it against the three (natural talents, I suppose), but the senior members were about to beat them easily.

narutosharingan
Fri, 02-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Good episode. I liked how Nagisa was able to affect Tomoya on that last shot.

It'll be interesting to see what Tomoya wants to do, if anything at all for his future.

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Nagisa gave me another moe overload in this episode. From her getting all flustered at the beginning having to explain Sunohara's "love" to Mei and the denial that they were about to use his room as their love nest and wondering about the scar on her cute butt. I haven't liked a KEY heroine over the other girls this much since Misuzu in AIR (though Kyou still hold a special place in my heart).

Finally, the return of Akio and Sanae! Which reminds me...there is a very distinct similarity between Sanae and Akio and Nagisa and Tomoya. Both Akio and Tomoya like to lie and play small tricks on others, and both Nagisa and Sanae are gentle-hearted and cry too easily. Nagisa is the obvious choice for the ending for many reasons it seems.

Kyou's rabid fangirls were also a nice touch.

However...we still have to do complete arcs for Tomoyo and the Fujibayashi twins (specifically Kyou, as she's named in the OP). Not to mention closing up Nagisa's arc, which has been spread across the series quite nicely, and it seems like the next eps may focus on her as well. But we're up to episode 16 already, and this is only a 24 episode series. I have my doubts right now.

narutosharingan
Fri, 02-01-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm not sure if we'll actually get an arc for Tomoyo and the twins. There's only eight episodes left, and Nagisa's arc is more important. Plus, looking at the previews, it doesn't look as though the next episode is going to be part of an arc dealing with another character. While I would like them to do arcs for both, I want them to make sure they haven't shortchanged Nagisa's portion at the end.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-01-2008, 09:41 PM
I think they'll end up leaving either Tomoyo or Kyou/Ryou's arc. 8 eps will feel too compact for three arcs, and disrupts the overall easiness this show has to it. Maybe they'll just have one episode for the character that's left out, say the President election for Tomoyo or Ryou's confession or something. Either way I'm expecting something really good.

As for the episode, I particularly liked how they portrayed Sunohara's feelings for his sister. Finding her somewhat annoying/embarrassing when she's around, but always seeking her admiration/approval and feeling lonely when she's not around/ignoring him. A pretty accurate representation I think, and one that seems to fit Sunohara's personality entirely.

Kyou vs Tomoyo. Both strong girls and speak in a very direct manner. Something to look forward to.

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Remember that they don't really need to have a separate arc for Nagisa, hers has been running concurrently with the series whole from the first episode. They may need one full episode and half of the final (with the second half being epilogue) at most. I read that this scene (http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/CLANNAD/CLANNAD%20-%2015%20-%20Large%2016.jpg) is where Tomoya confesses to her in the game. Here they were interrupted by Kyou, but Nagisa and Tomoya's relationship has progressed quite a bit so far. Enough that many characters believe the two have been dating since early on.

Kyou will probably need two or three episodes to fill out her arc, but Tomoyo needs a full arc even more so, she has had next to no development.

That would put us at 23 episodes with the last left to wrap up Nagisa. The next will be either a Tomoya or from what I believe, a Nagisa related episode. It's possible, but it seems like they should have put a lot less time in the Fuko arc to properly develop the other girls.

narutosharingan
Fri, 02-01-2008, 10:46 PM
See, I just don't think there's enough time to put in all those arcs and do it properly at the same time. They may be able to fit it in, but it wouldn't do justice to the girls involved. I don't think Tomoyo should get more than 2 episodes, because she isn't as critical a character as Nagisa/Kyou/Ryou. You also have to keep in mind, as Buf pointed out, that there will likely be an episode where Ryou confesses to Tomoya.

Excluding next week's episode, that leaves 7 total. I'd say an episode or two at the end for Nagisa/Tomoya, plus another for Ryou. That leaves 4 or so left for Kyou and Tomoyo. I'm not sure how it'll work out. One thing that I seem to notice is that Kyou also seems to like Tomoya as well, but she is trying to keep it out of the way for the sake of her sister.

"Finally, the return of Akio and Sanae! Which reminds me...there is a very distinct similarity between Sanae and Akio and Nagisa and Tomoya. Both Akio and Tomoya like to lie and play small tricks on others, and both Nagisa and Sanae are gentle-hearted and cry too easily. Nagisa is the obvious choice for the ending for many reasons it seems."

I noticed that as well. But not only do Akio/Tomoya play tricks, but they support their counterparts well. They provide an emotional balance, and care very much for the other.

Board of Command
Sat, 02-02-2008, 03:30 AM
It might be possible to mix Tomoyo and Kyou into the same arc and wrap it up in around 5 or 6 episodes.

Kraco
Sat, 02-02-2008, 03:45 AM
Yeah. That seems more than likely since we already saw their initial confrontation. It's likely that was a sign of things to come. It could be better that way, as well, seeing how both are quite strong characters and prone to conflict (even if Tomoyo might want to try to leave that kind of behavior behind, but obviously she can't).

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-02-2008, 07:24 AM
Ah, that is true. I did forget that Clannad has been going for the blended approach rather than the separated arcs that Kanon went with (AIR is a bit of a middle ground). It does flow better, and they were already hinting at the Ryou/Kyou confession back in the beginning of Kotomi's arc.

They have set up Tomoyo (who I foolishly only now realized was younger than the others, as she always had an air of maturity) and Ryou for a clash. She was really pissed off to see Tomoya talking to her.

It's very likely they will intertwine the two, leaving the final one or two episodes to Nagisa. As much as I want to say they wasted time on Fuko's arc, it had a lot of necessary build up to finish all these other arcs very fast.

narutosharingan
Sun, 02-03-2008, 01:09 AM
I also wonder if there will be any focus on Nagisa's physical weakness anymore.

One thing I did want to mention was that I absolutely loved the music in the last episode, and also in general for the anime. It's well done and soothing

Kraco
Fri, 02-08-2008, 05:10 AM
Set up Tomoyo, younger than the others:

Episode 17 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2017%20(h264)%20%5b34B914C7%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 17 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2017%20(XviD)%20%5b6CE01253%5d.avi.torrent)

animus
Fri, 02-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Yay Tomoyo.

And it kinda seems like they're doing multiple stories with segments each episode.

Board of Command
Fri, 02-08-2008, 06:31 PM
I didn't expect Kyou to cave in so fast. She was already in omgpleasefuckmenow mode right after the door closed.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-08-2008, 10:14 PM
I didn't expect Kyou to cave in so fast. She was already in omgpleasefuckmenow mode right after the door closed.

I guess that kinda proves she's got some hidden feelings for Tomoya. I LMAO when Tomoya started undoing his underw- er the charm. I like this integrated approach for this, especially since Kyou and Tomoyo probably don't have too much of a backstory to work on, having them interact keeps the pace going.

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Well, I might be hated for this by a few people, but Fuko's appearances are really starting to ruin the mood now. The writers who adapted the game must have really been Fuko fans.

Kyou did give in a little too fast. She obviously has feelings for Tomoya. My guess is she and Ryou both developed feelings for him, but Ryou told Kyou first, so Kyou decided to back off and help her sister. Kyou was really starting to get into the whole mood of the equipment room cliche. That said, my god I love her thigh-high socks...

I also didn't expect Tomoyo to get so serious about getting Tomoya to school on time. She'll might even develop feelings for him too, now that he's taken the blame.

But I still miss Nagisa. There wasn't any weeping in this episode...

narutosharingan
Fri, 02-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Honestly, the episode felt sad without Nagisa. Hopefully she's back next week.

MFauli
Sat, 02-09-2008, 04:35 AM
I also didn't expect Tomoyo to get so serious about getting Tomoya to school on time. She'll might even develop feelings for him too, now that he's taken the blame.

"Develop"?
The whole reason she´s waking up Tomoya imo IS that she has feelings for him.

@topic: Very "sexy" episode ^^ A pitty that Tomoya had to stop that scene ;)
Also, it seems that some people here are surprised about Kyou´s behaviour. I thought there´ve been enough signs in previous episodes that she really likes Tomoya.

Ah, if only Tomoya was more like Itou, he could have sooooo much fun.

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-09-2008, 07:10 AM
"Develop"?
The whole reason she´s waking up Tomoya imo IS that she has feelings for him.

@topic: Very "sexy" episode ^^ A pitty that Tomoya had to stop that scene ;)
Also, it seems that some people here are surprised about Kyou´s behaviour. I thought there´ve been enough signs in previous episodes that she really likes Tomoya.
We're not surprised that Kyou has feelings for Tomoya, as you said, that was obvious. What's surprising is that she was ready to give her virginity to Tomoya so quickly. Kyou seems more like the prudish type, flushing when hearing about the rumored physical relationship between Nagisa and Tomoya. I admit she is a tsundere, but that's a very rapid turnaround in the storage room.

Yes, "develop." It did not seem to me that Tomoyo considered anyone romantically. So far, she was very pointed in her goal of becoming the student council president, for a reason we will seem to find out next episode. Sure, she was flattered whenever Tomoya or Sunohara called her a girl, because in her past she was never considered that way.

It seems that her life has been fairly hard, and no one has done anything for her before. Perhaps that is why she's become so strong. She's been trying hard to separate herself from her old life, but punks and idiots like Sunohara keep dragging her back. Finally, we have people willing to do kind things for her.

Ah, if only Tomoya was more like Itou, he could have sooooo much fun.
I prefer my Nagisa sane thank you very much. Though Kyou does seem a lot like Otome.

Yukimura
Sat, 02-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Though Kyou does seem a lot like Otome.
Lol the image of Kyou the obsessed fuck buddy is cute but I can't see it. I think her personality would just be too oppressive to be satisfied with sharing Tomoya just to be close to him.

I've got nothing against Nagisa but I really liked this episode with her not in it. Tomoyo and Kyou are my two favorite characters (since I judge school life anime girls based first on hair color, then hair length, and finally personality) so having time devoted to them without her interference was win. The closet scene was excellent, and the beforehand setup worked well and made it even funnier than it would have been if they'd spontaneously gotten locked in. Kyou's reaction did surprise me somewhat though, I always suspected she had feelings for Tomoya but I thought they wer more under control. She might as well have just dropped her panties from him on the spot from the way she was acting in that shed. Hopefully this tension in her will get released somehow and she'll come out with it, since between her and Ryou she probably has a better chance at him.

That said Tomoyo x Tomoya would be a fine opposites attract pairing and is my personal preference, but we know Tomoyo can't out moe Nagisa so I suspect the current situation is only going to last until Tomoyo wins the election and Nagisa comes back to find a Theater Club waiting for her.

Ryllharu
Sun, 02-10-2008, 08:48 AM
You know that Tomoyo was popular enough to have her own spinoff game? The adult version for KEY's adult fans as CLANNAD was always an all-ages game, unlike the others' PC versions. You are not alone in liking her more than any others. Tomoyo After (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomoyo_After:_It%27s_a_Wonderful_Life)

Kyou has the whole "Tomoya can't be in love with anyone else" attitude that Otome shared. She keeps asking him if Nagisa/Tomoyo/Kotomi are romantically involved with him. If you start with that, ignoring the reason that she's actually asking for Ryou's sake, you can get to a fuck-buddy image. Disturbing? Yes. Funny? Yes.

narutosharingan
Fri, 02-15-2008, 04:42 PM
18 is out

Well that was interesting, certainly seemed to end Ryou/Kyou's chances. I also found it interesting that Tomoya slapped away help from the tennis player. He's really got some past issues.

The food scene was quite funny, though it cut away rather abruptly

Kraco
Fri, 02-15-2008, 06:23 PM
The links you forgot to post:

Episode 18 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2018%20(h264)%20%5bE9509FBB%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 18 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2018%20(XviD)%20%5b02A06011%5d.avi.torrent)

I don't think it was any past issues. It was just a somewhat forcible reaction caused by the fact he still hasn't really admitted to himself he likes Nagisa and yet had been separated from her for quite a long time (a week or something), and then suddenly when he was having good time with her again there's a risk her fragile health is again in jeopardy. So, he overreacted by being overly protective. I think that scene worked in a really excellent manner like such scenes oft seem to do it in these Visual Art's / Key productions.

Or maybe the past issue is that he wouldn't want to lose her, the person he probably feels closest to since he hardly regards his dad as a human being. But I don't know if that's really something to call an issue.

Board of Command
Fri, 02-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Did Ryou know that Kyou liked Tomoya all along? Was that why she apologized?

narutosharingan
Fri, 02-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah that's what it seems. Ryou must've known as well.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Did Ryou know that Kyou liked Tomoya all along? Was that why she apologized?

I don't think she knew all along, but she knows now, and probably put the bits together and realised. Tomoyo also shows she started to develop feelings for Tomoya too. Scene at 20:13, where she walks past Kyou/Ryou you see a sad smile of sorts, telling herself that Tomoya likes Nagisa. It doesn't show as much since she started much later, and is more introverted than Kyou, but it's definitely there. I guess with this we're finished with any major developments with the Fujibashis. And the music was awesome, highlighted all the emotional aspects, from Kyou's reactions, Tomoya's hand swipe to Ryou's realisation. A well done episode, but they should really drop the Fuko scenes.

Board of Command
Fri, 02-15-2008, 09:07 PM
It's pretty disappointing. I'd much rather have him end up with Kyou.

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-15-2008, 11:22 PM
At this point, I think my allegiance fell out of the Kyou camp (she didn't even try to betray her sister, not really anyway), and into the Tomoyo one.

Tomoyo would make an excellent housewife, and you know she'd be super protective of her family. She'd be a mother all pedo's would be afraid of.

Yukimura
Sat, 02-16-2008, 12:58 AM
Must agree with Ryl. Tomoyo has skyrocketed on my anime girls who I'd marry list. At the end of this ep she was pretty much perfect. She's proven herself highly motivated and determined to support the man she chooses, willing and able to perform housework quite admirably, and strong and capable enough in the event she needs to be. Plus she's hot and has a sexy voice...you can't really ask for more.

I still like Kyou of course, and think she'd be slightly better than Nagisa as a partner, but it would depend a lot on one's needs. With Nagisa you'd have to do everything for her as she's so weak and incapable, with Kyou she would bitch and complain about everything you did, but she would be able to do useful stuff around the house and engage you in interesting conversation (plus she puts out).

I suspect next ep they'll explain that with Tomoyo on the council she won't have time to show up and mess around anymore and thus toss her on the back burner, but Kyou and Ryou might yet have a chance to really from this latest defeat and take another (doomed) shot at Tomoya.

MFauli
Sat, 02-16-2008, 09:53 AM
She'd be a mother all pedo's would be afraid of.

Well, dont know about that. One could say Nagisa´s dad a pedophile, looking at the "looks" of her mother, lol

@topic:

Im rather shocked how easily they all gave up on Tomoya. Nagisa and he hadnt seen for several days, so what about it, when they sit together this day? Really, there was no reason for giving up at this point.
Also, stupid Tomoya, Kyou and Tomoyo are super hot, and you choose Nagis, who´s only "cute". :-/

Damn, i really want an alternative ending where Tomoyo changes into an Itou-like guy, would be much more enjoyable ^^

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-16-2008, 11:23 AM
I will admit, Nagisa's helplessly weeping moe character archetype usually infuriates me, but for some reason Nagisa works where all the others do not.

As for Sanae, she looks like a young college-age older sister, apparently is often mistaken for just that, and is very pleased with that. I wouldn't say Akio is a would-be pedo so much as say, Konata-papa from Lucky Star who very purposely married a loli. First, Akio is too badass, and second, he's more of the "young wife" type rather than a pedo.

----------------------

With the seemingly abrupt resolution of the Twins and Tomoyo's romantic arc, we are left with a lot of episodes. There hasn't really been anything done with Nagisa in terms of the theater club, although the romantic arc has already been fulfilled.

It came to my attention that there is an After section of the Clannad game that appears only in the Nagisa arc, taking place many years later (as mentioned before, Tomoyo has her own best-selling direct sequel adult-oriented game). We may see a time jump in the final episodes, though I would not be able to say what that would contain.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Not to mention he's young as well. If you compare him to Tomoya's dad and Kotomi's godfather, the difference in age/appearance is quite large. The only person that comes to mind who's about Akio's age is Fuko's sister's fiance. In that sense, I think both couples are young, not just Sanae.

In the last episode, they introduced all the family business and stuff. I guess we'll be having a Tomoya arc for now. If there is indeed a time skip, which I also think is likely, Fuko will probably be out of hospital. It was something I was looking forward to, but after they've made all those "Fuko is here" moments, any emotional impact will probably be gone.

narutosharingan
Sat, 02-16-2008, 06:13 PM
I have to agree, they really ruined Fuko by continuing to put her in there. If they had allowed her to come back at the end, like buf said, it would've made a very heartwarming ending; but it won't have the same "emotional impact" now that we continue to see her every episode.

I DO hope they get the Theatre club up and running...I'd feel this would be wasted if they didn't, considering this is what they were aiming for in the first place.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 02-21-2008, 07:19 AM
No Clannad this week. :( Replaced by women's soccer.

Board of Command
Thu, 02-21-2008, 07:11 PM
I never knew Japanese people were so fond of women's soccer.

MFauli
Fri, 02-22-2008, 05:02 AM
I never knew Japanese people were so fond of women's soccer.

I never knew ANYONE is fond of women´s soccer >_<

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Clannad episode 19- five more to go

SS-Eclipse H264 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2019%20(h264)%20%5b4EE38DE3%5d.mkv.torrent)
SS-Eclipse XVID (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2019%20(XviD)%20%5b51F69B13%5d.avi.torrent)

edit: Rather interesting episode. Sunohara took the stage again as the No.1 comic relief. So Nagisa did something that lost Sanae her job, and probably causing Akio to open up a bakery as well. Since she can't remember it, I'm thinking Nagisa hit her head in some sort of accident perhaps. Mysterious robot/girl scene is back, and judging from her hair/eye colour, it resembles Nagisa with long hair, or even Sanae.

MFauli
Fri, 02-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Im still curious about Tomoya´s dad. Im near crying when i see how cold Tomoya treats him, and then i wonder, wth he did to his son to provoke such behavior. :-(

A bit disappointing of how completely killed off the competition between the girls now is, though. It´s clear since last episode, that Nagisa is the one and only. I hope Sunohara gets one of the remaining, though, ...him getting Tomoyo would be great ;)

narutosharingan
Fri, 02-29-2008, 11:04 PM
So even the all-cheerful Sanae can't escape the harsh world. And I hope Tomoya and his father reconcile somehow...it's painful seeing that.

I'm a little glad they cut off the competition. I do want to see Nagisa and Tomoya progress farther along.

Sunohara's music narration was hilarious

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 03-01-2008, 06:59 PM
That mysterious robot girl...she looks like Nagisa, talks like her...but it isn't her. What if..that is her daughter? Sounds odd I know but it would be funny if it did. Just a theory O.o

Kraco
Fri, 03-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Cut-off competition:

Episode 20 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2020%20(h264)%20%5b524A0773%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 20 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2020%20(XviD)%20%5bA16D2466%5d.avi.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-07-2008, 07:38 PM
So that's where the robot comes from. Wonder how both Nagisa and Tomoya know it though. Maybe they shared some past event together? Sunohara was actually serious and rational this episode. Given how good a friend he is to Tomoya, and probably deep down already knows their relationship, he lets Nagisa go, if he ever had her at all. Akio blunders all over the show building up for his last one. I wonder what his dream was though.

narutosharingan
Sat, 03-08-2008, 02:02 AM
I knew it! Finally I figured something out before it shows...haha. I had a hunch the robot and the girl were part of the play that Nagisa was thinking about. But yeah, it certainly is interesting how they both know it. Maybe he told it to her a long time ago? A very fun episode in general

MFauli
Sat, 03-08-2008, 04:02 PM
I wonder what his dream was though.

Maybe basketball player or whatever.

Anyway, i felt quite emotional confused with this episode. On the one hand they all appeared totally happy, enjoying everything they do. But when Okazaki asked himself "I wonder whats dad doing" i couldnt help myself but be sad about that again.
Im really curious as to what evil things his dad did do to him. I already fear that when Okazaki returns to his own home, he founds his father, having hanged himself...

shinta|hikari
Sat, 03-08-2008, 08:10 PM
I don't think his dad did anything evil to him, aside from ruining his career as a basketball player in a fit of drunken rage, and the fact that he acted distant from him since then (probably from guilt rather than any ill feelings, but Tomoya doesnt understand that yet)

narutosharingan
Mon, 03-10-2008, 01:19 AM
I hope the two of them can make up before the series is over. His dad seems like a decent guy, he just needs to be more involved with Tomoya. He doesn't seem like a character that gets angry easily, which makes it interesting that he did that to Tomoya.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 03-10-2008, 04:21 AM
He was probably a character that DID go nuts easily, but stopped after what he has done to his own son.

Kraco
Mon, 03-10-2008, 04:41 AM
Who knows, things might have been a different before the incident, and it was only the very last big confrontation. Perhaps they both cared to some extent before it but after it happened, they both get reversed to almost total ignoring of the other, kind of giving up. Or rather Tomoya giving up on trying to get his father back on his feet. It looks like the old man gave up a long time ago.

It's pictured rather well how he, under such circumstances, feels like an outsider in the company of the happy Furukawa family. He might also dread his presence could lead to something to happening to it, despite his active efforts to heal Nagisa.

Board of Command
Tue, 03-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Clannad, the movie, has been subbed and released.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4402

What's up with that picture? Is this supposed to be set in the future?

Yukimura
Tue, 03-11-2008, 10:26 PM
I think explaining would be a spoiler from the game, and I also think discussing the movie could be considered spoiling for the show since they could conceivably have adapted similar endings for both.

Yukimura
Tue, 03-11-2008, 10:43 PM
FUCK... Double Posted again...

TheBladeChild
Wed, 03-12-2008, 01:07 AM
FUCK I REALLY SHOULDNT HAVE WATCH THE MOVIE! I really hope the ending will be different.

Kraco
Wed, 03-12-2008, 03:07 AM
All I have heard about the movie are warnings by people who have played the game, watched the series and the movie. And they all have been saying it will spoil the series if you watch it. But who knows. Nobody has seen the end of the series yet, after all.

However, from what I've read (again) the series seems to basically end at #22, then there will be some sort of a special and the last ep (24) will be DVD only. If this is true, then it's only so much that can happen anymore in a couple of episodes.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Episode 21 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2021%20(h264)%20%5b16B7E815%5d.mkv.torrent)
Episode 21 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2021%20(XviD)%20%5b221676A1%5d.avi.torrent)

MFauli
Fri, 03-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Wah, Nagisa´s dad having been an actor is rather shocking imo. Makes me feels sad for him.

And next episode is the last one? I wonder if they are going to resolve Tomoya´s problem with his father at all.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Wah, Nagisa´s dad having been an actor is rather shocking imo. Makes me feels sad for him.

And next episode is the last one? I wonder if they are going to resolve Tomoya´s problem with his father at all.

I see why you're confused, but the last episode is in fact episode 23 airing on 28th March. I would have never thought of acting, I thought it was baseball. But it kinda makes his statement "you've inherited my superior genes" a meaning, and also Akio saying he would have known if Nagisa saw a play. They finally concluded the relationship war though. Everybody looked in agreement when Tomoyo said "I'm glad it was you." Proves everyone developed feelings for Tomoya one way or another, but all aknowledged Nagisa. Kind of sad to see them all miss out. Next episode will be Nagisa's internal battle, and a race against time since she walked out on the play.

narutosharingan
Sat, 03-15-2008, 12:51 PM
24 is going to be a DVD only episode? When would that even be released? Bah!

And it'll be interesting to see if she gets this resolved before the play starts. I assume she will but you never know. It'll be hard to convince her within one day...actually less than a day.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-22-2008, 05:07 PM
This is supposedly the last episode, but Clannad's still got one more time slot next week. Watch to find out.

Clannad 22 h264 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2022%20(h264)%20%5b5D93C1A9%5d.mkv.torrent)
Clannad 22 XviD (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2022%20(XviD)%20%5b07B5A4B1%5d.avi.torrent)

edit: Well, so we have it. The end of Clannad, minus the extra summer eps. I have to say, overall it was a pretty good ep. There weren't anything unexpected though, and I was sitting there wanting to shout what Akio said since the beginning. But, that aisde, it made a good ending. Emotionally, it didn't give the same kick as it did the Fuko arc, and contrary to what most of us thought, Fuko didn't appear, though probably for the best. It would have been really out of place. Overall, I think this episode wrapped up the series nicely, and its' been a good show the whole way through.

MFauli
Sat, 03-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Wait, WHAT?!

That was the last episode???

Overall, I think this episode wrapped up the series nicely,

Totally disagree. I really like the show, but if that was it, then....wtf...XD
Where was there a proper ending?
Did i miss something?
Tomoya still hates his dad...
Big MEH

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Wait, WHAT?!

That was the last episode???

Totally disagree. I really like the show, but if that was it, then....wtf...XD
Where was there a proper ending?
Did i miss something?
Tomoya still hates his dad...
Big MEH

Some think there is enough material for a second season. I can't tell you first hand.

narutosharingan
Sat, 03-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Good ending. Tomoya maybe didn't have closure with his father, but he was able to give him some advice at the end.

Overall, I really enjoyed this series, I'd even say one of my favorites. The humor was good, and the romance was well placed. It wasn't over the top, which I liked.

I certainly hope there's an episode next week, though this week did say it was the last one.

When are the summer episodes coming out, and how many are supposed to come?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 03-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Clannad's still got one more timeslot next week, and someone said ep 24's on DVD.

edit: the Someone credit goes to Kraco.

DDBen
Sun, 03-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Clannad really has been a joy to watch for me this season. All of the episodes are good some are laugh out loud funny while others will bring a tear to your eye and while it is a harem anime I never got pissed off at the unnatural actions of the characters repeating the same thing 50 times. Instead you have a solid story with a guy trying to find his way who ends up helping people along the way. To me at least 22 was a great ending for the arc but not a great one for the series I simply want more out of it. I'd personally love a second season and I do feel that it could use a few more episodes to at least tie up loose ends.

Knowing this series 23 should be hysterical and I certainly look forward to both 23 and 24.

Board of Command
Sun, 03-23-2008, 09:56 PM
With the exception of that overly long Fuko arc, this has been a great series.

It could have used more Kyou and Tomoyo, and less Fuko and Kotomi. It just felt unbalanced.

DDBen
Thu, 03-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Well some very good news just popped up. I'm very glad to hear that this series could easily continue.

Clannad After Story TV Sequel to be Announced
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-03-27/clannad-after-story-tv-sequel-to-be-announced

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 03-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Clannad Ep 23 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2022%20(XviD)%20%5b07B5A4B1%5d.avi.torrent)

There ya go guys. =3

Board of Command
Fri, 03-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Judging from the "preview"...there is no episode 24?

DDBen
Fri, 03-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Judging from the "preview"...there is no episode 24?

24 is DVD only also as I posted above there will be OAV's as well

Board of Command
Fri, 03-28-2008, 04:43 PM
24 is DVD only also as I posted above there will be OAV's as well
After Story is the OVA or a sequel series?

DDBen
Fri, 03-28-2008, 04:59 PM
After Story is the OVA or a sequel series?

Hmm actually I think I've heard both but I'll assume a TV series at this point because thats what the link on Anime News Network says. My bad.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 03-28-2008, 05:30 PM
I think its a Sequel. I kinda hope so anyway ._.;

Anyway, still a hilarious episode. The SunoharaXTomoya made me rofl.

animus
Fri, 03-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Clannad Ep 23 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2022%20(XviD)%20%5b07B5A4B1%5d.avi.torrent)

There ya go guys. =3

You posted the link for 22.

MFauli
Fri, 03-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Anyway, still a hilarious episode. The SunoharaXTomoya made me rofl.

What great, great comedy! XD
Though the "Forbidden sibling love?!" made me laugh even more XD

Anyway, is there an episode next week? We still have no proper series-ending imo.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Anyway, is there an episode next week? We still have no proper series-ending imo.

Clannad's airing schedule's finished now, so no. Quite a funny episode. I like laughed hard at both parts, but I think I laughed a little harder at the matching boxes -> Holy Shit that turns me off than the naughty one. Well, good to know there's more Clannad coming. Does the movie end in a similar manner? Maybe I should watch that now.

narutosharingan
Sat, 03-29-2008, 08:41 PM
That was a great episode, very funny. Tomoya x Sunohara is too much.

So, when would the DVD containing episode 24 come out?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Clannad DVD comes out in July.

Kraco
Sun, 03-30-2008, 01:29 PM
That was truly a great episode. As good as the regular eps even though this was labeled as an extra. Tomoya and Nagisa make such a funny yet functional pair.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 03-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Alluring Cinnamon Breath Attack!

That was a new and freakishly hilarious move that made me rofl and feel weird at the same time.

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-13-2008, 12:36 AM
Finally got to see the rest of the series (14 eps in 2 days!).
What can I say? I am very pleased on how this series turned at the end.

The only thing I can not remember being explained is how Tomoya thought the play looked familiar. Or where did Nagisa heard it. Guess ep 24 or next season will explain it.

Fuko moments were great first, but soon became old.

EDIT:
Movie... what the hell???? Awesome... and damn... it almost made me cry...

Munsu
Thu, 07-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Episode 24 by SS-Eclipse for those interested. DVD only episode apparently, I wouldn't know since I haven't watched this series, but figured you guys might want to know:
http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Clannad%20-%2024%20(DVD)%20%5b110D8E9A%5d.mkv.torrent

animus
Thu, 07-24-2008, 06:21 PM
It's an alternate ending that features Tomoyo. I had watched a crappier sub by another group who I can't remember.

Tomoyo + Tomoya is just so much more natural than Nagisa.

Yukimura
Thu, 07-24-2008, 06:32 PM
The DVD special is significantly better than episode 23 and possibly even better than all the broadcast episodes in the series that don't involve Kyou being Kyou or Tomoyo being Tomoyo.

Honorable mention to Kotomi being Kotomi but she really doesn't compare to either of the two true contenders.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-24-2008, 09:42 PM
I can finally say we have a conclusive ending for CLANNAD. The ending always felt weak and rather open, with nothing concluded other than Nagisa won, and knowing the ending of her play.

At first I was wondering how they'd portray Nagisa and all the other relationships in this special, but soon enough, I found out the just left them out of the picture. Not that it impacted on the quality of this. I agree with Yuki, this is the most memorable CLANNAD episode, complete with a moving ED.

David75
Sun, 07-27-2008, 03:46 PM
I've watched all eps over the week-end.
Strangely enough, I have lost of shows I started and left unfinished, some with action well rated and so on... but can't go further with those yet... and there's clannad I watched with ease, no troubles, it was natural to do so.
I guess that romantic school life stories fit me quite well.

And I agree with those who root for the Tomoyo+Tomoya arc. I'm one of those.
In fact, even with the eps from the TV run this relationship was more acceptable to me.
Nagisa is like a sister to Tomoya, sometimes even like an underclassmate she isn't due to her age. Tomoya is kind to her, helps her a lot because it's in him to do so and lets him escape his boredom. Also, Nagisa's naïveness is probably soothing him, or enables him to believe a little more in others, or have his burden a little less heavy for some reason.

On the other hand, Tomoyo takes him for who he is and is the one supporting him. She gets nearer by being interrested in him. Nagisa is pretty much enclosed in her own circumstances and doesn't really get who Tomoya is and what she could do for him.
Tomoyo takes a firm grip on him, and prevents him from drowning in his own troubles. She's a strong willed, hard working girl, with a hard skin/armor, but kind heart. And Tomoya is the only one to know right from the start. Also, if I'm correct, Tomoyo is the only one that met his father and had a glimpse of the Tomoya's darkness. And she didn't fly away from him for that.

Yes I was very happy with that DVD only ep. And I too think it was a real ending.

staffcc
Mon, 07-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Not that I am promoting it, but the unofficial patch for the game is out, or has been leaked. If you like it this much, I guess playing the game would be worth it, since it details all the other girl routes.

You can get the files via torrent, and maybe just google the patch or something.

narutosharingan
Wed, 07-30-2008, 10:55 PM
So is this episode 24 the very last episode to come out for the series? It's officially done then?

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-30-2008, 11:02 PM
So is this episode 24 the very last episode to come out for the series? It's officially done then?

Episode 24 is the end of Clannad, yes.

Then you have the sequel, Clannad After Story, which airs October 2008 :D

narutosharingan
Thu, 07-31-2008, 01:04 AM
Which I definitely can't wait for.

Ryllharu
Thu, 07-31-2008, 04:36 AM
There is a reason the side story game, Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life is as popular if not more so than the game it came from. Eps 24 shows that perfectly.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-31-2008, 05:31 AM
Wasn't that because of the H scenes?

Seriously though, I've played the game so far, and the anime really did a good job of adapting it. I'm absolutely glad they are going to release this sequel as an OAV. Can't wait.

Tomoyo after, and forever.

Kraco
Sat, 08-02-2008, 05:28 PM
I haven't played the game (not knowing Japanese is an unfortunately but valid reason), but based on this episode it's pretty safe to say it would have been a completely different anime if they had adapted a route with Tomoyo instead of Nagisa. Nagisa was perfect for the innocent, naive and clumsy humour (or humour laughing at such elements) the series was overflowing with. This extra episode, however, had zilch comedy, and while a whole series based on it wouldn't have needed to be that way, I think the director wanted to underline here what a completely different undercurrent this setting had. It was almost more like KGNE or something similar than the actual Clannad TV anime.

It was a good enough special but honestly I liked Clannad the way it was, without the darkness and cruelty present in this one.

staffcc
Sun, 08-03-2008, 07:37 AM
A lot of the humor from the actual Clannad show is actually from the Tomoyo arc, mostly at Sunohara's expense... so one can say it is one of the funniest arcs in the game!

I just played the incomplete patch though, so I can't be sure...

animus
Tue, 09-23-2008, 07:35 PM
http://rpgfan.com/news/2008/1418.html

For those of you who might be interested.

Archangel
Mon, 03-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Ahhh that was awesome ^^

It's a shame Tomoyo was the only one to get her own storyline, i had hoped each of them would get one

So after finishing this series should i watch the movie or move on to the sequel?

Kraco
Mon, 03-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Just move on to the second season. It continues the same story.

Archangel
Mon, 03-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Has anyone here played the original game? I wanted to get some info and opinions in it.

SamuraiOdin
Fri, 10-16-2009, 04:49 AM
I'm rewatching Clannad, and in episode 6 they cut to a "what if" moment involving Fuuko being sealed for several hundred years and a journey to "unseal" her. My question is if that is a parody of an existing anime, or just something thrown in creatively?

David75
Fri, 10-16-2009, 07:10 AM
I'm rewatching Clannad, and in episode 6 they cut to a "what if" moment involving Fuuko being sealed for several hundred years and a journey to "unseal" her. My question is if that is a parody of an existing anime, or just something thrown in creatively?

It's also in the game. I already finished that route.
I can't say if it is related to other works though

Archangel
Sun, 07-18-2010, 12:48 PM
The BDs are out by Doki

1080p (h264): Clannad (2007) [Doki][1920x1080 h264 BD FLAC]

Torrent (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=36555)

720p (h264): Clannad (2007) [Doki][1280x720 h264 BD AAC] (rev)

Torrent (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=36553)

480p (XviD): Clannad (2007) [Doki][848x480 XviD BD MP3]

Torrent (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=36554)

Can't wait for the sequel, so i can see this in HD

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1253/sseclipseclannadafterst.gif

MFauli
Mon, 07-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Well, since this thread got bumped, ill ask: Could a third season happen or is the story completely completed? Yeah, we got a kind of happy end, but I could have watched this show forever.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Well, since this thread got bumped, ill ask: Could a third season happen or is the story completely completed? Yeah, we got a kind of happy end, but I could have watched this show forever.

I'm pretty sure the story's finished. Animating new material would mean Tomoya goes to woo a different girl - and we've already had our Tomoyo and Kyou specials.