PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 5

Mr. Roboto
Thu, 03-15-2007, 05:59 PM
SD Release: http://a.scarywater.net/sd/%5BSD%5D_Naruto_Hurricane_Chronicles_-_005_%5B279EC48A%5D.avi.torrent

DB: http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/ns005.torrent

Munsu
Thu, 03-15-2007, 06:53 PM
One hour special next week.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 03-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Excellent... nice and early.

Any idea who got it out first? SD or DB?

Edit: Shouldn't the 1 hour special be the week after next? I thought there isn't going to be any Naruto next week either..

wready99
Thu, 03-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Is anyone else having issues with torrents going very slowly lately? All of the torrents I have tried to download in the last several weeks have been very slow.

Is it just me?

Because my torrents are so slow, if anyone has a Direct DL link it would be GREATLY appreciated :)

DB_Hunter
Thu, 03-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Its probably because there are a lot of people downloading compared to uploading right now. Give it time and it should speed up.

anime nomad
Thu, 03-15-2007, 07:22 PM
DLing right now. the DB version is only 140M instead of the usual 170, doest give me incentive to watch this right now :(

Sigh ... i've bee downloading the Bleach Filler eps from DB this week also (since there's no bleach this week too) and yes i've noticed that it seems slower then usual, even had an episode go bad, for some in explicable reason.

Mr. Roboto
Thu, 03-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Deidara is pretty badass for losing his arm and still being able to create that huge bomb. It looks like the Sand Village is in trouble.

I guess it wasn't a big shock that Tsunade turned Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi into a three person team. I wonder what rank missions they are going to do? Does Naruto have to complete the chuunin exam?

Mr. Roboto
Thu, 03-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Excellent... nice and early.

Any idea who got it out first? SD or DB?

Edit: Shouldn't the 1 hour special be the week after next? I thought there isn't going to be any Naruto next week either..

the previews at the end of the episode listed March 22 as the one hour special.

darkshadow
Thu, 03-15-2007, 08:06 PM
SD translated it to march 29th, which seems correct since naruto seems to say:
"sangatsu nijuukyuu ni mokuyou" which translates to thursday march the 29th,
DB also translated the time to 7:27, while naruto says gojuukyuu, which obviously means 59, SD translated that to 7:59.

JaySee
Thu, 03-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Who cares who got it out first? And if the torrent is slow, turn up your upload limit. The more people who already have what you have, the more they can download and upload what you don't.

Anyone else find it odd that the sand eyeball was so smooth and SHINY?

I wish that instead of the stupid explanations at the end of the show, they'd do funny little side-stories like Bleach.

mage
Thu, 03-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Nice episode. Anyone notice the significant drop in production quality in the preview for ep 6?

XanBcoo
Thu, 03-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Can't really say much for that episode. It was honestly pretty boring. The only thing that happened was Deidara dropping his mega bomb (which was actually pretty feckin' cool). The rest of the episode was all talking and...fluff.

I do love Deidara's bombs though.

Assassin
Thu, 03-15-2007, 11:08 PM
a mediocre episode, which is odd cuz i dont remember it being this boring in the manga.

Assertn
Thu, 03-15-2007, 11:18 PM
I liked it......

Idealistic
Thu, 03-15-2007, 11:26 PM
This episode was alright... And again... The new music doesn't really add any "oomph" to the fights... It sounds really dull....

Lucifus
Fri, 03-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Pretty decent episode. Nothing special about it really though. No flare. :(

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 03-16-2007, 12:53 AM
There definitely dragging things out in terms of pacing but honestly I'm rather enjoying it. Seeing how it just feels more cinematic as opposed to being rushed too quickly. That's the thing when you adapt action sequences from manga to animation. Usually the manga content if adapted verbatim would only translate into two or three minutes of on-screen action.

I know for everyone whose waiting so long for there naruto fix it can be frustrating, but I guess being a manga reader makes me feel less stressed out about it. I don't need to know what happens next so I can simply sit back and see how the material is adapted. And I do like the slower pacing.

Although one thing that's pissing me off are those wasted minutes at the end of each episode with the super deformed characters giving expository info that most naruto fans already know. But I guess the idea is that the fillers have been on so long that all the little kids in japan probably forgot so what better way to pad out content then by taking away one minute of run time and devoting it to expository rehash.

Terracosmo
Fri, 03-16-2007, 01:33 AM
God DAMN cliffhangers!!!!

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-16-2007, 01:41 AM
Although one thing that's pissing me off are those wasted minutes at the end of each episode with the super deformed characters giving expository info that most naruto fans already know. But I guess the idea is that the fillers have been on so long that all the little kids in japan probably forgot so what better way to pad out content then by taking away one minute of run time and devoting it to expository rehash.

While I agree those sections are useless... it helps to have shorter eps...
At least they don't repeat scenes from last episodes, like during the chuunin exams..

Wait... they do repeat scenes... from the same episode...

Yukimura
Fri, 03-16-2007, 01:55 AM
Everything still feels really slow, at first I thought it was just because I already knew the story, but Bleach doesn't feel like it's moving at a lethargic pace so it's not that. If they're going to keep dragging things out like this then the fights will never get back the tension they had pre-fillers, which would probably kill the show for a lot of people.

On a positive note, the part where Diedara thought he'd escaped and Garaa grabbed him with sand and just tossed him back towards his ball of death was very cool. On a negative nove most of the stuff that took place in the Leaf villiage felt unnessecary, out of place, and helped mess up the pacing even more in my opinion.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 03-16-2007, 02:52 AM
I liked the episode.

It's pretty obvious to me that the fillers were so bad that it's made people hate everything about the series now and even good episodes seem mediocre to them.

I feel sad for those people.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 03-16-2007, 06:06 AM
I liked this episode. I know that they are still doing that annoying thing of mixing two different scenes in to one ep, but its still pretty good quality.

Strange no one has discussed Kakashi's new technique yet. If it's really good, who knows, he might just make Hokage yet...

Deadfire
Fri, 03-16-2007, 10:20 AM
I don't really have anything against this ep, It was well done

Assertn
Fri, 03-16-2007, 11:45 AM
I also felt that deidara losing an arm was kinda like......a big deal

DB_Hunter
Fri, 03-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Yea I agree... it seemed to tickle him more than hurt going by the look he had on his face.

Kraco
Fri, 03-16-2007, 01:24 PM
He'll probably just make a new arm out of clay. No big deal.

Though he'll need to give it some sun light to get proper colouring instead of pure, pale white.

fifafreak18
Fri, 03-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Yeah i was expecting the big GAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! reaction when that happened but it really didn't seem to phase him to much.

gr3atfull
Fri, 03-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Good episode. I really liked the flashback since we got to understand more Garaa and his feelings.

Board of Command
Fri, 03-16-2007, 04:02 PM
I also felt that deidara losing an arm was kinda like......a big deal
Yeah I thought that was kinda weird. Maybe he'll grow it back...?

And it looks like Sasori is supposed to be some uber-l33t powerful guy. Quite an ugly mofo though.

Genma
Fri, 03-16-2007, 05:22 PM
For some reason I finished watching this and felt that it lacked something. The manga just seemed to capture everything better.

It's getting way too dragged on for my tastes, too. I can understand why they take so much time and stuff, so that the manga can go further, but seriously... the boring flashbacks are just too much for me to take now.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 03-17-2007, 03:37 AM
Strange no one has discussed Kakashi's new technique yet. If it's really good, who knows, he might just make Hokage yet...Well, we might be discussing it if he'd in any way even hinted what the technique was about.

He's got a new technique. Big whoop. He has about 990 old techniquest that he still hasn't shown us so it's kinda hard getting enthused that he's learned one more in 2 years.

StillAlive
Sat, 03-17-2007, 09:09 AM
This ep was good and the Gaara flashback was nice but the pacing is a bit slow I think. I'm probably still the only one who doesn't like Deidara - he "sneaks" into town flying on a huge white bird... wtf that's dumb :p

JaySee
Sat, 03-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Actually, it's genius. You can't judge distance and size of something in the air. So to those below, his giant bird would just look like a normal bird flying low. That's why he was surprised Gaara figured out his bird. Gaara figured it out because it was a bird not native to the land, not because it was huge.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 03-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Well, we might be discussing it if he'd in any way even hinted what the technique was about.

He's got a new technique. Big whoop. He has about 990 old techniquest that he still hasn't shown us so it's kinda hard getting enthused that he's learned one more in 2 years.

Well thats the point... it must be something good that he would mention it. It must stand out from all the hundreds of techniques he has that he seemed pretty pleased about it.

redcat
Sat, 03-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Well thats the point... it must be something good that he would mention it. It must stand out from all the hundreds of techniques he has that he seemed pretty pleased about it.
the only reason he mentioned it was so they could show how naruto and sakura reacted to it

DarthEnderX
Sat, 03-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah, that was pretty interesting, he's all like, "Back in the day if I mentioned a new technique Naruto would have shit himself trying to find out what it was, now he just wants to stuff Ramen in his fat face".

Sasori
Sat, 03-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah, that was pretty interesting, he's all like, "Back in the day if I mentioned a new technique Naruto would have shit himself trying to find out what it was, now he just wants to stuff Ramen in his fat face".

Aaaahh... The joys of growing up.. :p

XanBcoo
Sun, 03-18-2007, 07:31 PM
At 3 minutes, 30 seconds, there's a random shot of Kankuro's face shown at a funny angle that lasts for about half a second. It was bugging me because it really reminded me of something. I was just going through my "funny pictures" folder when I realized what it made me think of:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/359/kankuroweirdfacebp1.jpg
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1074/ganondiels8.jpg

Yeah, the animation was a bit dodgey in this episode, I'd say.

Assertn
Sun, 03-18-2007, 07:47 PM
What part of it was dodgy? I thought it was among the best animation shown so far in the shippuuden.

XanBcoo
Sun, 03-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I exaggerated. It wasn't terrible. But a few things caught my eye, like the Kankuro face, and a scene just before that where Deidara's head is disproportionately large. Other than that, it just felt kinda stiff and blocky to me. I guess I just don't like close-ups.

Mizuchi
Sun, 03-18-2007, 09:52 PM
i wonder what the objective of akatsuki is. If they wanted to they could easily take out the villages. I mean one of the weaker members (we know this because he has a master in the clan too) can nuke and destroy one of the strongest nations. if they all attacked together im sure they could take down konoha too.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 03-19-2007, 04:05 AM
I guess I just don't like close-ups.That must be it because I really don't see anything wrong with Kankuro in that picture.

I mean, yeah, he looks a little goofy, but he always looks like that because he puts on stupid facepaint.

In fact, I've pretty much always though he looked stupid. The guy wears a big baggy onesie with pointed ears, kabuki facepaint, and carries around a little mummy wearing a wig.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 03-19-2007, 09:01 PM
i wonder what the objective of akatsuki is. If they wanted to they could easily take out the villages. I mean one of the weaker members (we know this because he has a master in the clan too) can nuke and destroy one of the strongest nations. if they all attacked together im sure they could take down konoha too.

As of right now we know that they are looking for Naruto and now Gaara....so maybe they are looking for lonely boys to recruit? Or maybe they have something else in common.....

poopdeville
Tue, 03-20-2007, 05:46 AM
That must be it because I really don't see anything wrong with Kankuro in that picture.

I mean, yeah, he looks a little goofy, but he always looks like that because he puts on stupid facepaint.

In fact, I've pretty much always though he looked stupid. The guy wears a big baggy onesie with pointed ears, kabuki facepaint, and carries around a little mummy wearing a wig.

He's been wearing scrolls instead of his puppet lately. And he's a jounin now. I hope there's some relation. Maybe he's learned how to summon puppets.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 03-20-2007, 06:24 AM
As of right now we know that they are looking for Naruto and now Gaara....so maybe they are looking for lonely boys to recruit? Or maybe they have something else in common.....

You saying Akatsuki is really a pedophile ring?

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-20-2007, 07:43 AM

Suddenly... everything becomes... so clear.. :O

StillAlive
Tue, 03-20-2007, 11:06 AM
He's been wearing scrolls instead of his puppet lately. And he's a jounin now. I hope there's some relation. Maybe he's learned how to summon puppets.I'm quite sure he now summons his puppets: If you watch the preview for the next ep you'll see him facing Sasori (sp?) and rolling out the three scrolls most likly to summon his puppets.

XanBcoo
Tue, 03-20-2007, 03:43 PM
15 and 17 year-olds wouldn't be the targets for pedophiles. I'm guessing it's something else.

Come to think of it, that's probably why Orochimaru left. The kinds of boys that Akatsuki is after were a bit too old for his tastes~

DB_Hunter
Tue, 03-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Maybe Oro follows the Yoda school of thought... everyone is too old for his training.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 03-23-2007, 09:57 PM

Doesnt it all make sense? I mean HELLO!?!?! That has to be the only reason! -dg-

Animeniax
Sat, 03-24-2007, 03:20 AM
So far I'm thoroughly unimpressed with Shiiipppuuuddeeennnn (sp?). The animation isn't as lively or expressive as early Naruto, the action is slow, the storyline is hackneyed or predictable, and the entire feel is just blah. The use of the same voice actors doesn't help. Naruto and Sakura still sound like little kids.

The entire Deidara vs Gaara fight that has dragged on for three episodes has been repetitive and boring. The sand ninjas are pathetic. They wait that long into the fight before they decide to fortify the village and check for other attackers? And they stand around watching Gaara fight and cheer like little schoolgirls. I prefer some of the fillers to these episodes, since I can at least dismiss the filler episodes and get a good chuckle out of how poorly done they are.

bxgreatone87
Sun, 03-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Last weeks episode said there would be a 1hour special this week correct? Or was that a miss translation, and they meant next week?

RyougaZell
Sun, 03-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Mistranslation on Dattebayos part.
Double episode is March 29.
Then no episode next week again.
And another double episode April 12

Kraco
Sun, 03-25-2007, 02:21 PM
They must really be thinking about the pacing to have such a schedule. Unless they need the slot for airing something else during these silent weeks.

bxgreatone87
Sun, 03-25-2007, 02:37 PM
not really something just came up i guess. If they would have just showed single episodes then you can say they worrying about cathing up/pace.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 03-25-2007, 03:43 PM
I don't think its about pacing if they are showing double eps to make up for the missed weeks. Maybe the TV Station needed to air something else, or a double ep suited the way the story should be told.

Kraco
Sun, 03-25-2007, 04:55 PM
I don't think its about pacing if they are showing double eps to make up for the missed weeks. Maybe the TV Station needed to air something else, or a double ep suited the way the story should be told.

I thought that was pacing...

DB_Hunter
Sun, 03-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Kraco the context I'm talking in is that they are not pacing it to try and avoid the anime from catching up to the manga.

Kraco
Sun, 03-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Ah... I just mentioned pacing from the artistic point of view. I think as such it could be even appreciated by great many viewers. Some fight scenes, for example, surely aren't meant to be cut in the middle.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if they did acquire a habit of having two weeks without an episode and one week with a double length one, thus creating a bit of deficit. I'm unsure Naruto could take another filler sequence that long and stay alive.

Assertn
Sun, 03-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Ah... I just mentioned pacing from the artistic point of view. I think as such it could be even appreciated by great many viewers. Some fight scenes, for example, surely aren't meant to be cut in the middle.
Except the fight scenes in the original context in the manga are typically cut up even moreso than the anime =]

DB_Hunter
Sun, 03-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Yea I think if Naruto went through another period of fillers it would die... its fanbase would have just moved on.

I do hope though that the double episode's they show are good, and not like one half being full of flash backs.

Edit: This may be totally random, but what happened to Ton Ton?

JaySee
Mon, 03-26-2007, 01:50 AM
Shizune pawned it to help pay off Tsunade's debts.:D Is Ton Ton a female or male?

Krbadass
Mon, 03-26-2007, 03:32 PM
I think they are doing just fine with the anime right now. Its keeping me interested. It's dragging on a little bit but nothing to whine about.

Looking forward to the two double episodes.

Animeniax
Tue, 03-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Yes, apathy is a better choice than constructive criticism.

I see the double-episodes as being twice as painfully slow and twice as frustrating. At least they give you an extra week to forget about an already forgettable episode.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 03-27-2007, 12:23 AM
anyone getting any luck on naruto shippuden 006?

User warned for asking about upcoming releases

Yukimura
Tue, 03-27-2007, 12:47 AM
Do you mean looking into the future with our crystal balls? If so then no, mine's in the shop getting a new Flux Capacitor.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 03-27-2007, 01:00 PM
i mean, i see it on dattebayo, but no one has it. Here in college, we can't use bittorrent.

Kraco
Tue, 03-27-2007, 02:07 PM
See, Yuki? He's got a lot better crystal ball than you do! You should take better care of your Flux Capacitors in the future.

And lilphatboi88, you ever stopped to think why nobody has it, eh?

redcat
Tue, 03-27-2007, 02:36 PM
i mean, i see it on dattebayo, but no one has it. Here in college, we can't use bittorrent.
its a fake sub. notice the [YHBT]. (you have been trolled)

Yukimura
Tue, 03-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Oh that thing...I did dl that, it was mentioned in Open Disscussion. For [YHBT] Naruto Ship 6 DB just took out everything that wasn't in the manga from the first 3-4 episodes and cut and pasted it togeather into an 'episode'. It worked fairly well for the most part, though I think they may have put a few things out of order, possibly due to the way the anime originally presented the information.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 03-27-2007, 04:16 PM
its a fake sub. notice the [YHBT]. (you have been trolled)

I see, I only checked the front page of dattebayo and it did not have any [YHBT] or [DB] on it.

masamuneehs
Tue, 03-27-2007, 05:11 PM
first off, it's a good idea to look at the file name before jumping to conclusions. Your webrowser should have a little status bar where the actual name of the file pops up when you put your mouse over it (and you can enable that bar very easily in your browser options)

For example:
http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/nns006.torrent Is the file DB has up on their site under the name "Naruto Shippuden episode 6"

So, most people would just jump on that, DL the lame troll episode, and be very disappointed. Well, how can you check that what you're getting is real? How about comparing that file name to the actual releases?

http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/ns005.torrent Is the file for the REAL Shippuden Episode 5.

Now, how are these two different? Well, there's only one difference. The fakesub is called nns006 (NotNarutoShippuden6), while the real one is just ns005 (NarutoShippuden5). This is pretty basic internet know-how. I highly recommend you only download stuff that you're sure is a good file or that comes from a trusted source.

DB's site and IRC channel, being filled with assholes, is not a source to be trusted. I'd highly recommend going elsewhere to look for news on their releases.

Where I go for everything --> http://baka-updates.com/releases.php

lilphatboi88
Wed, 03-28-2007, 01:29 AM
I didn't dl it. I just made a simple mistake. Just went to their front page and took a look at it and went to my college's network to see if anyhone has dl it. No one did so I was curious and the first place I came to was here.

the_small_guy
Wed, 03-28-2007, 08:25 AM
oh that crappy troll thing
i ended up downloading that at the time because everyone seemed to be confused at the translation of the shippuuden 006 airing

but yea as confirmed above its a troll.

personally for new torrents i always end up either getting them off here torrentspy

Gnompf
Wed, 03-28-2007, 08:56 AM
When do the naruto shippuuden 006 coming out ?

Yukimura
Wed, 03-28-2007, 09:25 AM
It comes out Thursday the 29th, as was previosly mentioned above I believe.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Gnomf:

Mistranslation on Dattebayos part.
Double episode is March 29.
Then no episode next week again.
And another double episode April 12

In other words...
6-7 @ March 29
8-9 @ April 12

*sigh*

Assertn
Wed, 03-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Next person to ask about episode 6 gets a temp-ban

UChessmaster
Wed, 03-28-2007, 11:31 PM
*sigh*

Guess im the only one that think the episodes are getting too stretched... i mean, each ep is hardly 50% canon, and this fight has been forever... maybe it`s because i started reading post time manga once filler started...

Off-topc: anyone knows if the new intro and ending have full versions songs?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-29-2007, 12:56 AM
Yes, apathy is a better choice than constructive criticism.I got news for ya. Criticism is only constructive if someone who actually has something to do with making the show can see it.

Since nobody who makes naruto will ever see your post, your "constructive criticism" is just complaining.

Animeniax
Thu, 03-29-2007, 04:02 AM
I got news for ya. Criticism is only constructive if someone who actually has something to do with making the show can see it.

Since nobody who makes naruto will ever see your post, your "constructive criticism" is just complaining.
I disagree, I think someone at Studio Pierrot is reading these forums. A few times already I've seen questions asked or suggestions made and they were answered or implemented the very next episode. More than a coincidence if you ask me.

I'd like to check out DB's summary episode of episodes 1-5 without the filler material. Might be worth watching.

mage
Thu, 03-29-2007, 04:38 AM
I disagree, I think someone at Studio Pierrot is reading these forums. A few times already I've seen questions asked or suggestions made and they were answered or implemented the very next episode. More than a coincidence if you ask me.

I'd like to check out DB's summary episode of episodes 1-5 without the filler material. Might be worth watching.
Please tell me you're joking..

That's quite impossible. Even if they were reading here, they could not add any of our suggestions into the next episode because episodes are completed weeks/months before they're aired. It's not like they make one episode per week.

EDIT: For the person who neg repped this post saying "Clearly he's joking," I would like to know what's clear about it because it looks to me that he is clearly being serious.

?igma
Thu, 03-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Would be rather odd I'd say, besides, Naruto has been going downhill, so they should stop paying attention to these forums :>

This post has not received any reputation. You currently have -84 reputation points.

How the hell did I get -84 rep :? its like the first time I thought about clicking the grey thingy..

And I hardly say bad things :>

Mizuchi
Thu, 03-29-2007, 06:53 PM

ahahhahahahha you my friend are quite the retard
they dont make 1 ep a week, as qbert said, they are created months before they are aired

redcat
Thu, 03-29-2007, 09:40 PM
i would assume each episode takes at least a month and that several are being made at the same time

Animeniax
Sun, 04-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Actually I was being serious, so whoever neg-repped q-bert, you were wrong!

With the quality of these episodes, I wouldn't doubt they were made in a day by a class of middle-school art students. What's that demotivational poster say: "You can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor."