PDA

View Full Version : Bleach & Naruto Manga Spoiler Pics

Yukimura
Wed, 03-14-2007, 04:20 AM
After weeks of fearing to enter a naruto/bleach chapter XXX manga thread to look for a scanslation in fear of spoilers from discussions about spoiler pics I decided to ask the community.

Would you prefer that the spoiler pics got their own separate threads (as in Naruto/Bleach chapter XXX spoilers) or were posted to begin the discussions of each chapter as has been the custom for a while now.

Personally I would rather the spoilers and their discussions were separated from the full scanslation discussions, for the same reasons that raw discussions aren't generally allowed in the anime sections. I'd like to know that if I click on Naruto Chapter XXX people will only be discussing a scanslated chapter as a whole and not some random raw pages.

What do the rest of you think? And remember, if you don't care, please just say you agree with me, I asked first and I asked nicely!

Assassin
Wed, 03-14-2007, 04:54 AM
While i dont have any real problem with what you (and bud) are suggesting, i'd still prefer to keep the current system. Or rather, i'd prefer the current system with a slight modification, as that will work better then what you guys are suggesting.

The issue i have with your system is that its unnecesary, and kind of stupid to have 2 threads for the same chapter. Especially when one of those threads mite not even get more then 5 posts. I know bud said that the spoiler discussion can sometimes be very lenghty, but it can also be very short (and it usually is when nothing of great interest happens in a particular chapter). Plus, i dont like clutter, so i'd like to avoid 2 threads each week when one will suffice.

A better way to solve this issue would be to keep one thread, but with a more informative title. If someone is posting spoiler pics, then it should be labelled spoiler pics, so the people who are waiting for the scanlation dont enter. When the raw is released, the title should be changed to reflect that, and same for when a scanlation is released. For example:

Naruto chapter xxx spoiler > Naruto chapter xxx RAW > Naruto chapter xxx Scanlation

In addition, the first post should be edited to provide the raw/scanlation links as they become available, to avoid unecessary browsing through several pages by everyone else. The task of changing the title and providing the link in the first post should be given to the thread starter, and should be made an official rule. That way, if someone is too lazy to change the title or edit thier post to provide the links, they wont even bother making a spoiler pic thread and we wont have this problem at all. And if they aren't lazy and want to make the spoiler pics thread, then they'll edit the title/post accordingly, and the members who are waiting for the scanlation wont have any problems.

This way, the problem is solved, we dont have unnecessary clutter, and the threads themselves become more organized. Trifecta ftw!

oh and remember, if you don't care, please just say you agree with me. Im a mod and my opinion carries more weight then yuki's :p

Munsu
Wed, 03-14-2007, 05:22 AM
There will be no problems with clutter, there isn't enough thread creation to cause a clutter, and one additional thread per week shouldn't cause too many problems.

Heck, chapter 249 of Bleach is still in the first page and chapter 347 of Naruto is still in the first page. Do you realize how old those threads are and you're worried about clutter?

I don't really like the change thread title idea either. You're putting too much faith on members to keep the thread titles and the first post updated, and more so in a timely manner. I don't want, and I'm sure the other mods don't want to have the responsability of week after week paying attention to the update situation, we are usually the ones that get stuck with having to do it.

And third, I think we are forgetting our general rules. We shouldn't be tolerating spoilers. We've given a blind eye to the Bleach and Naruto manga forums, but to get technical, there shouldn't be any discussion on spoilers or there shouldn't be any spoiler material provided.

So, I still don't see what's the problem with creating two threads. Discussion and activity should increase in the forum sections also, so there's really no down side to the idea.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-14-2007, 09:19 AM
You guys are forgetting something. 'Mortals'... that is, normal users, don't have the power to edit thread titles. I would be troublesome to ask a Mod to change the thread title every time something is updated.

Genma
Wed, 03-14-2007, 10:15 AM
How about you just don't open the thread (or spoiler links) until the day the manga is released?

Spiegel
Wed, 03-14-2007, 10:42 AM
This would most likely be too much trouble, but you could open sub-forms within the Manga Sections. One that allows the un-translated Spoiler/RAW material, and one that discusses what has been released/Scanslation. That would make it where you have one forum where the spoiler rules are strictly (or more so than now) enforced and the other where the Spoilertastic people may roam.

masamuneehs
Wed, 03-14-2007, 11:33 AM
no opinion on this one. i can see valid reasons on both sides, but i'm certainly not active enough in those sections to know how shit should be ran.
i think a poll may be in order.

Munsu
Wed, 03-21-2007, 07:52 AM
Another alternative I see is, that people can create a spoiler pic thread, "Naruto Chapter XXX Spoiler Pic" in the Open Discussion forum. Then when the chapter finally comes out, someone creates the chapter discussion in the manga section. This should take care of both concerms of spoiler pic discussion and fears of clutter.

I myself would rather keep discussions in the same forum, especially when I think there won't be any clutter problems.

Assassin
Wed, 03-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Thats a pretty good idea actually. The open discussion sections is pretty dead anyways, so atleast it will have some activity this way.