PDA

View Full Version : Firefox is FUP

el_boss
Mon, 03-12-2007, 08:51 AM
This is getting really annoying. Firefox doesn't save form entries. It does save login info and adressbar entries but all the form entries get erased when I restart the computer. I've tried disabling all addons an reverting everything to default setting but the problem persists.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Death13a
Mon, 03-12-2007, 01:14 PM
does in tools: option: privacy: history the 'remember what i enter in forms and the search bar' CHECKED?

el_boss
Mon, 03-12-2007, 02:23 PM
does in tools: option: privacy: history the 'remember what i enter in forms and the search bar' CHECKED?Indeed it is.

Death13a
Mon, 03-12-2007, 02:45 PM
The problem should be with formhistory.dat at C:\Documents and Settings\*********\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wiroeqw3.default

BTW what firefox do you have? latest 2.0.0.2

el_boss
Mon, 03-12-2007, 04:20 PM
The problem should be with formhistory.dat at C:\Documents and Settings\*********\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wiroeqw3.default

BTW what firefox do you have? latest 2.0.0.2Yes the latest one.

So what should I configure?

Death13a
Mon, 03-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Well if your formhistory resets at closing firefox then try reinstalling firefox (fixes most of annoyences for me when firefox acts wierd). when you type about:config in your adress bar in firefox and in filter enter privacy at bottom there should be sanitize on Shutdown make sure it is not set on true. If it resets after restart of windows it most likely windows fault.

For full Firefox reintall backup bookmarks in C:\Documents and Settings\*********\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wiroeqw3.default

and delete profile then install fresh firefox and copy back bookmarks and install addon back.

But that little extreme since it minor annoyance and try just install addon that deals with forms.

el_boss
Mon, 03-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the help man.

I reinstalled the whole thing so we'll see soon if it worked.

el_boss
Tue, 03-13-2007, 05:54 AM
Ok it didn't work. :(

It got fup again after i installed the addons, so I guess the problem lies there.