PDA

View Full Version : Boys Be

animus
Sat, 03-10-2007, 12:23 AM
So I just watched this anime, the first 12. And boy did this piss me off. Not the anime itself, but one character Chiharu, made me punch a wall. This is the first time that I've been so pissed at a show or anime.

**Spoilers** I mean the bitch doesn't go with the main character Kyoichi because she has track camp, and goes ballistic on him for wanting to spend time together. She says that he doesn't know anything. She then meets a guy, and says she doesn't have a boyfriend before falling for him even. She then hurts herself and ends up not being to do anything in track afterall. She then gets all lovely dovey with this new guy. She even has the nerve to call him and say she's falling in love with him. They had no problems except for that little thing. I find she's a hypocrite, and Kyoichi catches them kissing. She doesn't explain anything, she doesn't try to rekindle and they break up. And then in Episode 12 at the end, she says she'll be waiting for him. Who's damn fault do you think it was in the first place and now she wants to get back together. **End Spoilers**

These type of girls piss me off the most. Maybe it's the cheating, maybe it's how she thinks it's totally fine, maybe it's cause she's a total hypocrite. Granted I haven't seen episode 13 yet, but I just wanted to vent really bad. I held back quite a bit, if I let it all out the thread woulda been filled with profanity, vulgarities, and etc. Did anyone else feel this way?

ether9
Fri, 03-18-2011, 10:22 AM
sorry I know I'm quite late but I FEE YA! agree 100%

here's what i thought, a bit lengthy but read if feel like it.
spoiler
now im not too sure about whether or not kyoichi and chiharu are actually going out or not since nothing is ever explicitly stated except for ep. 8 in which shouko asks if kyoichi if he and chiharu had "broken up" to which her replies affirmatively and not "we were never actually together." this would imply a relationship, of course this could be that kyoichi just assumed by himself that they were dating. it is implied that they are, at least, aware of eachother's feelings and are moving towards that.

as to did she "cheat" or not depends on how u look at it, are they actually going out or not. however, it doesn't matter because chiharu is still gonna come out looking bad.
1. they were going out and she just plain cheated on him.
2. they weren't going out but she stepped all over kyoichi's feelings for her; she basically did the equivalent of leading someone on but then goes off and has some "fun time" with someone else. and although their relationship might not had been a solid "BF and GF," they did have romantic relationship, albeit to a lesser extent. the "oh but we're not actually dating" card does not slide in this situation.

i do appreciate the realistic portrayal of the "falling to temptation during a time of weakness" scenario. chiharu is feeling down because she's in a fight with kyoichi and then she hears from her two gal pals about how much fun they had together so she feels left out, and then she also injures herself so she loses her reason for turning kyoichi's invitation down. note: SHE DID THIS ALL BY HERSELF TO HERSELF. kyoichi had no fault what so ever. she was the one that turned down his invitation to spend some time together, not only that but she even got mad at him for asking her and ran away, leaving kyoichi going "wtf just happened"; basically she is the only one in their "fight."

she then regrets not going with him and then injures her leg and while wallowing in her self inflicted pain she turns to a random guy for comfort thus "falling in love" with said guy. as to how true that statement is, we'll never really know for sure. she could had just been using him as a proxy comforter in kyoichi's absence. although the "nothing happened that night" event, something potentially could have happened had their intimate moment not been interrupted by the phone call of okazaki's girlfriend. the way it looked, chiharu was more than willing since she was the one called him out. "nothing" happened and they only "talked" but judging by the fact that SHE kissed him, they probably didn't talk about their troubles (kyoichi being chiharu's source she would be reminded of who she would be hurting, or she just didn't care by playing the "we're not BF and GF" card) so one can assume that they did some emotional bonding instead.

and to top it all off, it doesn't seem like she even attempted to apologize or make up (maybe they just didn't show the scene but i doubt it). reason could be that she feels too ashamed and guilty to face him or she doesn't feel that she did anything wrong. i'm going with the latter since in all of their meetings afterward, she does not look at him with shame or guilt or even a little bit of remorse, could possibly just be the director's fault. she just goes on ignoring him like she had no fault and also to note, it is kyoichi that re-initiates contact first by saying hi to her when she ran by the bench he and makoto were sitting. basically, she did everything but he is the one that has to deal with it all and fix it up, as if he did something wrong. and as if it is him that needs to fix himself he goes soul searching.

man, if only he and the blonde chiharu had gotten together, kind of like "two people in pain finding comfort in eachother's arms" lol. she should of at least taught him the ways of a real man mentally, emotionally and definitely wouldn't mind physically. the only thing that he "gained" from the trip is the heart to seemingly forgive chiharu for her transgression. what gets me most is that chiharu acts as though she has done nothing for him to forgive, if she had been more remorseful about her actions then she wouldn't be so unlikable.

putting myself in kyoichi's shoes and not as a viewer, all i would've seen is that the who i thought i was in a budding relationship with got mad at me for asking her to take a trip with me and turned me down because she so seriously wanted to train. and then i go to give her a little surprise visit, she'll surely be happy. oh look how happy she is kissing another guy, who is dropping her off in the morning, instead of doing the training she was so serious about that she angrily refused my invitation.

the ending would've been more acceptable if chiharu had shown actual remorse and sincerity by taking more initiative in patching things up; the way she acts, it seems like she just didn'g give a damn. they should have ended with him happy with shouko or blonde chiharu or nobody and he finds some new resolve in his life and he moves on and away from chiharu.