PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 118

Danad_corps
Wed, 03-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Bleach 118 is out

http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b118.torrent

damnit. I finished downloading it a few minutes before I have to sleep. Won't be able to watch it until 11pm tomorrow. Hopefully the action will be top notch...why the f is this opera thing going off my screen? I cna't read what i am typing anymore b/c i ca (deleted stuff so i don't know what i was saying). ...im going back to firefox for normal browsing. I'll post a few pics of the stupid stuff opera does. Hopefully someone will know how to resolve it. (i.e. when things go so far off screen i can't read it, and when i have to click far above/below/to the side of a button to get it to work)

Deadfire
Thu, 03-08-2007, 01:15 AM
That ep was pure ownage. thank goodness that they didn't focus on all the fights at once. It's interesting to note what releases mean for the Hybrids.

And Ichigo is going to totally go nuts on Grim

As a added note this is the first time I tried out the new zoomplayer with the new version of CCCP. I like the upgrade alot more over the other one.

LaZie
Thu, 03-08-2007, 01:35 AM
This ep was rather good. Got to see 2 new releases in one episode and how an Arrancar releases his zanpakutou.

PS.... Ikkaku is badass. :p

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-08-2007, 01:36 AM
BAN KAI!!
Heheh... have been waiting ages to see that scene...

Anyways... like DeadFire said, it was awesome they focused in just one fight, while showing just a bit of Ichigo and Rukia's situation. Rukia got owned...

On Dattebayo's matters... at least they used the spanish words on the preview...

hitokiriender
Thu, 03-08-2007, 01:45 AM
Wow... Ikkaku's bankai and eyecatcher at 18:00 mins in

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-08-2007, 02:09 AM
Holy shit! I think I have a new fucking favorite character!

Munsu
Thu, 03-08-2007, 02:23 AM
BAN KAI!!
Heheh... have been waiting ages to see that scene...

Anyways... like DeadFire said, it was awesome they focused in just one fight, while showing just a bit of Ichigo and Rukia's situation. Rukia got owned...

On Dattebayo's matters... at least they used the spanish words on the preview...
Yeah... in this episode they used "iron" instead of "hierro" when Edorad reffered to his skin, which is fine as a translation, but it would've been nice to see it as a spanish term.

Kensee
Thu, 03-08-2007, 03:14 AM
Ikkaku reminds me so much of Kenpachi, its no wonder they are in the same division. What I'm curious about is how long has it been since he could do ban kai ... cause if it was back when he fought Ichigo for the first time, I'm thinking he would of tore him up.

masamuneehs
Thu, 03-08-2007, 03:18 AM
the legend of 11th Squad continues to grow! "Fearless" indeed... doesn't hurt that he's got bloodlust like woah!

Arrancars' having releases didn't seem likely to me at first, since I originally understood Shikai and Bankai as drawing upon the power of the Zanpaktou to aid the fighter. But it seems that there is no Zanpaktou-spirit-type entity connected with the Hollow's Zanpaktou's. Like Edmundo (sp?) said, they're more like limiters that let the Arrancar go to full power when released.

something tells me the Bankai equivalent for Arrancars is going to be something wicked...

I am still worried what Yumikichika meant about preparing for Ikkaku's funeral. I guess his Bankai release might use so much energy when used in the Real World that it winds up fatally wounding him or something. I'd hate to see baldy go...

(and it really looks like he will, since the preview for next episode seems to be all flashbacks about his past... When, amidst a crazy battle like I'm sure everyone's fighting, they focus on a minor character, at the height of his struggle, for a background episode... that just always seems to be a sign that they're about to kill the poor guy off...)

I realize they haven't killed a substantial Soul Society character yet (not even that hoe Hinamori), but something's nagging at me about Ikkaku's chances...

Rukia is down!

Kensee
Thu, 03-08-2007, 03:28 AM
the legend of 11th Squad continues to grow! "Fearless" indeed... doesn't hurt that he's got bloodlust like woah!

Arrancars' having releases didn't seem likely to me at first, since I originally understood Shikai and Bankai as drawing upon the power of the Zanpaktou to aid the fighter. But it seems that there is no Zanpaktou-spirit-type entity connected with the Hollow's Zanpaktou's. Like Edmundo (sp?) said, they're more like limiters that let the Arrancar go to full power when released.

something tells me the Bankai equivalent for Arrancars is going to be something wicked...

I am still worried what Yumikichika meant about preparing for Ikkaku's funeral. I guess his Bankai release might use so much energy when used in the Real World that it winds up fatally wounding him or something. I'd hate to see baldy go...

(and it really looks like he will, since the preview for next episode seems to be all flashbacks about his past... When, amidst a crazy battle like I'm sure everyone's fighting, they focus on a minor character, at the height of his struggle, for a background episode... that just always seems to be a sign that they're about to kill the poor guy off...)

I realize they haven't killed a substantial Soul Society character yet (not even that hoe Hinamori), but something's nagging at me about Ikkaku's chances...

Rukia is down!

Rukia pulled a Sakura ^.^

Haha, I can see what you mean by the flashbacks foreshadowing something, I hope this is just a flash back when the battle ends, Baldy just rocks =(.

Grimmjow just seems crazy, I wonder how Ichigo will respond, or if he'll go berserk after seeing Rukia get taken down.

Ikkaku wins best poses (really, the animation was pretty good):

Edit: PICTURE SPOILERS AHEAD! (though if you read every post up until now, you already got spoiled =P):

Here goes:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/Kensee/bscap0017.jpg
Sexy
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/Kensee/bscap0020.jpg
Bad-assed
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/Kensee/bscap0022.jpg
Crazy
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/Kensee/bscap0023.jpg
Epic

Munsu
Thu, 03-08-2007, 03:32 AM
When Yumi said prepare for the funeral, I don't think he was counting on Ikkaku using his Bankai, I think he thought Ikkaku would lose. For some reason Ikkaku wants to keep his bankai hidden from other Shinigami, at least that's what I infer by Ikkaku saying that "since everyone else is occupied, I don't think they'll notice" and then he used his bankai.

I wonder if Yumi can also do bankai, if I remember correctly he was suppose to be seat number 3 in the division, but Ikkaku, his friend, already had that posistion so he chose seat number 5 for some wierd reason.

Anyways, Ikkaku just became a very cool character and Kubo has to milk it for all its worth, so I can't see him killing him off just now.

What's cool also is that since Ikkaku is not a Vice-Captain or above, he probably has nothing restraining his reiatsu in the real world, so we'll probably going to see his full potential.

Kensee
Thu, 03-08-2007, 03:37 AM
When Yumi said prepare for the funeral, I don't think he was counting on Ikkaku using his Bankai, I think he thought Ikkaku would lose. For some reason Ikkaku wants to keep his bankai hidden from other Shinigami, at least that's what I infer by Ikkaku saying that "since everyone else is occupied, I don't think they'll notice" and then he used his bankai.

I wonder if Yumi can also do bankai, if I remember correctly he was suppose to be seat number 3 in the division, but Ikkaku, his friend, already had that posistion so he chose seat number 5 for some wierd reason.

Anyways, Ikkaku just became a very cool character and Kubo has to milk it for all its worth, so I can't see him killing him off just now.

I wouldn't be surprised if he could, he seem to know of Ikkaku's bankai and probably has one of his own that he keeps hidden.

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 03-08-2007, 05:14 AM
so he chose seat number 5 for some wierd reason.

I think in his own words, he chose five because four looked ugly and five's character was the closest that resembled a three haha.

Anyways, wow, 11th squad owns. If Ikkaku already has a bankai, i wonder what's stopping Kenpachi from releasing his soon :D

And Grimjow freaking owns! He's like a crazier, insane and psychotic grown up version of hitsugaya

ForteCross
Thu, 03-08-2007, 06:34 AM
kenpachi cant use bankai... he doesnt know his zanpaktou's name... so he cant even use shikai (i think that was the second form of their swords... cant remember...)

StillAlive
Thu, 03-08-2007, 06:59 AM
Hell yes! This is the best Bleach ep since ages! Ikkaku is just some really big badass. I hope he won't die because now he is definitely one of the greatest characters.

kenpachi cant use bankai... he doesnt know his zanpaktou's name... so he cant even use shikai (i think that was the second form of their swords... cant remember...)
Don't know about it but I always thought Zaraki's zanpakuto is constantly released 'cause of his high spirit pressure, just like Ichigo's. On the other hand he doesn't know its name so I could be wrong.

Sporklover
Thu, 03-08-2007, 07:11 AM
Is it just me or does Byakuya's smile is kinda scary? It sent chills down my back...

JaySee
Thu, 03-08-2007, 08:02 AM
I thought the reason Ikkaku said to keep his bankai release hush hush was because they're forbidden to do it in the real world. Not to mention he's not even a vice-captain.

Another weird thing. Yumi said he's the 2nd strongest in 11th squad. First is obviously Kenpachi. So that little girl vice-captain isn't stronger than Ikkaku? That's kind of disappointing. I wanted to see her go buckwild Yoda style in some future episode.

Kensee
Thu, 03-08-2007, 08:57 AM
I thought the reason Ikkaku said to keep his bankai release hush hush was because they're forbidden to do it in the real world. Not to mention he's not even a vice-captain.

Another weird thing. Yumi said he's the 2nd strongest in 11th squad. First is obviously Kenpachi. So that little girl vice-captain isn't stronger than Ikkaku? That's kind of disappointing. I wanted to see her go buckwild Yoda style in some future episode.

He said he's the 2nd strongest male, the vice captain is female.

JaySee
Thu, 03-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Actually it said 2nd strongest man. Man isn't necessarily a reference to sex, but I guess it could be. Can someone who understands Japanese elaborate if he said "person" or specifically a male?

Inazuma
Thu, 03-08-2007, 09:23 AM
So the third Bleach OST got to be something, because, every Bleach fan had the reflex to fire up the sound level when watching ...

Ikkaku = Bleach's Mugen ?

Looking forwad to the next 10 eps

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-08-2007, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he could, he seem to know of Ikkaku's bankai and probably has one of his own that he keeps hidden.

Well... Yumichika's Shikai is also -secret-. Remeber how he defeated Isagi with it during the Soul Society arc. And Isagi is a Vice-Captain.

RedX1z
Thu, 03-08-2007, 10:57 AM
i've been thinking about it, and came up with only one conclusion. he didn't release his bankai form until now, because if everyone in soul society knew he had a bankai, he'd probably get recommendations to try out for the captain slot, but probably didn't want to, because he wanted to be loyal and stay near his captain. as weird and random that may sound.

anyways, the episode was pretty awesome. the concentration on the fight and the fight itself was crazily done. ikkaku has one huge ass bankai, though.

as for next weeks episode, it looks like a flash back which i'm not fond of, but then again, i'm probably wrong and looked at it the wrong way.

itadakimasu
Thu, 03-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Rukia pulled a Sakura ^.^

Haha, I can see what you mean by the flashbacks foreshadowing something, I hope this is just a flash back when the battle ends, Baldy just rocks =(.

Grimmjow just seems crazy, I wonder how Ichigo will respond, or if he'll go berserk after seeing Rukia get taken down.

Ikkaku wins best poses (really, the animation was pretty good):

Edit: PICTURE SPOILERS AHEAD! (though if you read every post up until now, you already got spoiled =P):

Here goes:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/Kensee/bscap0017.jpg
Sexy
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/Kensee/bscap0020.jpg
Bad-assed
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/Kensee/bscap0022.jpg

Crazy
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/Kensee/bscap0023.jpg
Epic

Hehe, i really enjoyed this episode; especially when ikkaku landed on one of volcanicas arms and was cutting through it, had me so pumped. Although, now im wondering how many more episodes / weeks will it be until we see ichigo fighting w\ grimmjow... the preview at end of the ep made it look like next weeks will be a continuation of the ikkaku fight and then after that they may be showing renji or toushiro fighting.

BANKAI !! !!

DDBen
Thu, 03-08-2007, 01:41 PM
This episode was great easily my favorite post filler episode. I can't help but be excited about the rest of the battles in this Arc now.Ikkaku needs to get used more he is certainly one of the most flavorful characters and would be a welcome change over many that we have to see over and over due to popularity.

darkshadow
Thu, 03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
great ep, but im suprised nobody really paid attention to what yumichika said *wink* *wink*

Conders
Thu, 03-08-2007, 02:13 PM
great ep, but im suprised nobody really paid attention to what yumichika said *wink* *wink*
I agree. However I don't dare to comment on them in fear of spoiling since I've read the manga. Anyway this fight was just awesome to see animated, and I really liked the way they animated the Arrancar release, and made Ikkaku (if possible) even more badass than Kenpachi.

Munsu
Thu, 03-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Actually it said 2nd strongest man. Man isn't necessarily a reference to sex, but I guess it could be. Can someone who understands Japanese elaborate if he said "person" or specifically a male?
He said otoko, which is means "male".

Maverick-DBZ-
Thu, 03-08-2007, 04:04 PM
WOW what an episode and for a person who doesn't read the MANGA that Bankai was one hell of a surprise! :eek: It was just so bad ass words just couldn't express the smiles on my face! :D

I really hope he makes it though because after pumping us up so much you would hate to see a character like that die after just showing off his bankai! :(

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-08-2007, 04:58 PM
i've been thinking about it, and came up with only one conclusion. he didn't release his bankai form until now, because if everyone in soul society knew he had a bankai, he'd probably get recommendations to try out for the captain slot, but probably didn't want to, because he wanted to be loyal and stay near his captain. as weird and random that may sound..This is exactly what I was thinking. If SS knew he had Bankai, they'd try and make him a Captain or Vice-Captain of some other squad. And it's obvious he'd rather stay in Kenpachi's squad. I'm not sure if it's out of loyalty or not, or if he just likes being in the psychotic fighter squad.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 03-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Wow what a badass ep. Totally in another league to fillers and probably one of the best non-filler eps too. I think this ep single handedly propels Bleach to the top of the anime battle between Bleach and Naruto for the moment.

I liked the way the fights wern't mixed/spliced together. It makes the action much more consistent and enjoyable this way. I think when the mixing method was used in Naruto just now with the Gaara fight and the Kakashi scenario spoilt things a bit.

Man Ikkaku's has officially become an insane cool dude, It would be interesting to know when he attained bankai, as for reasons already mentioned in this thread.

As impressive as his Bankai looks, one of the first things I thought was what the hell is Zaraki Kenpachi's release going to be like if he does it? I kind of thought that Zaraki was permanantly in Shikai like Ichigo, but come to think about it Ichigo only got to Shikai when he found out the name of his zanpaktou. So basically, damn.... Zaraki has yet to show even his Shikai yet, forget Bankai. Apart from Ichigo and with his potential, I think Zaraki is definitely a candidate for kicking Aizen's ass if he manages to release his zanpaktou.

Spiegel
Thu, 03-08-2007, 05:32 PM
I HATE TO BE CONTINUEDS!! Holy Cow. I loved it in every aspect of the word. I am sitting here screaming "Say it Say it you Dumb *Cough*, Say BANKAI." Just on a complete new level compaired to the *cough*Bounto*Cough*.

Kraco
Thu, 03-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Aye, it was a great episode indeed. I had never paid so much attention to Ikkaku, other than thinking he was a good embodiment of the fighting Zaraki squad in general. But this episode certainly made him a lot more interesting and badass.

But poor Rukia. She had only just recovered from her severe ordeals, and now she gets wounded right away again. I wonder if she can even stay conscious long enough to watch Ichigo switch to berserk mode to beat the offender.

anime nomad
Thu, 03-08-2007, 08:18 PM
OMG this episode was amazing!

not exactly true, if i remember correctly the zampakto is forged from the wielders soul, and is a manifestation of the souls desire to cut (zaraki mentioned some thing to this effect in his fight with ichigo, as well as byakuya in thier first fight when he cut ichigo's sword in half). the zampakto is part of the soul of the wielder and reflects the will of the wielder, a release of a zampakto is obtained by understanding your soul better. the closer you come to understanding/accepting your soul the more power you release from within your self. as ichigo said, the only person who can teach him to use zangetsu is zangetsu.
so if you belive what i've said so far, then the difference in a shinigami's zampakto and a arancar zampakto is moot. both are manifestations of the wielders souls, the manifestations differ, i think, because of the difference in souls of the arancar and shinigami, or really just the difference in souls of any two individuals.
i also believe it too early to say that there is no spirit-type entity for arancar, the fact that his zampakto has a name(volcania - *sounds like a chick to me*) implies an entity.
- my two cents on that issue
(sorry about the mystical-mumbo-jumbo post, as always feel free to disagree.)

Madarame Ikaku ROCKS! his bankai looks weird (mainly cause i can't figure out where that 3rd blade floating behind him is attached to). makes you think though, if ikaku has bankai, and he is 3rd seat, how powerful is yachiru? zaraki doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would have yachiru as his lieutenant just cause they been together for long, i mean zaraki respects strength. yachiru is probably kiduo based, but she must be hella strong if ikaku can't beat her.
3. i'm really starting to dig yamichika(sp?), he seems pretty cool and he wasn't supprised by ikaku's bankai, seems he already knew about it. i look forward to seeing him fight, (if you guys remember he owned that lieutenant with the tatoo on his arm, although they didn't show much of that fight. (can't remember his name, he's the dog faced captatins lieutenant ).

sorry about the long post, this episode was so amazing, i feel like going out onto the street and telling random people all about it :o

Mae
Thu, 03-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Niiiiiiiiiice. I thought that Ikkaku was one of those all talk, no real power to back it up characters, so I was pretty surprised when he suddenly pulled THAT out of nowhere.

Now why do I feel suddenly feel kinship with Kanako Ohno?

darkmetal505
Thu, 03-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Excellent. Everything was done perfectly.

Only one thing: do Shinigami have the ability to fly in the real world?

JaySee
Fri, 03-09-2007, 01:53 AM
They don't fly. They walk on air.

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 03-09-2007, 02:27 AM
As impressive as his Bankai looks, one of the first things I thought was what the hell is Zaraki Kenpachi's release going to be like if he does it? I kind of thought that Zaraki was permanantly in Shikai like Ichigo, but come to think about it Ichigo only got to Shikai when he found out the name of his zanpaktou. So basically, damn.... Zaraki has yet to show even his Shikai yet, forget Bankai. Apart from Ichigo and with his potential, I think Zaraki is definitely a candidate for kicking Aizen's ass if he manages to release his zanpaktou.

I believe Kenpachi's zanpaktou is already in Shikai mode. He basically told ichigo that he couldn't find a way to seal his Zanpaktou into its first form, because he had to much power. So he's by default, already using shikai.

anime nomad
Fri, 03-09-2007, 03:16 AM
agree.

kempachi's zampako is already in shikai, you can tell by the look also. unreleased zampakto's look like a normal katana, zaraki's zampakto has a different graphic.

Kraco
Fri, 03-09-2007, 03:25 AM
Even if it is in the released form all the time, it seems to matter little. Kind of like Ichigo used to be without that energy blast. Obviously Kenpachi doesn't know what to do with his zanpakutou other than simply hit and cut objects with it. Well, he doesn't know the name, so that goes withhout saying, of course.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 03-09-2007, 05:10 AM
Yea I would agree with Kraco on this one. I think you guys are right in your reasoning to say Zaraki's zanpaktou is in Shikai, but he doesn't know how to use it. It's just another blade to him. So. technically, he is and he is not in Shikai.

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Yea I would agree with Kraco on this one. I think you guys are right in your reasoning to say Zaraki's zanpaktou is in Shikai, but he doesn't know how to use it. It's just another blade to him. So. technically, he is and he is not in Shikai.

Well... isn't Ichigo in a permanent Shikai as well? And he didn't knew the Zanpaktou's had life before he trained with Urahara.

masamuneehs
Fri, 03-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Yes, it was established pretty early on that Ichigo's Zanpaktou is always in its Shikai release.

I've been troubling over the words of the manga prophets, about paying more attention to Yumichika's words... The first thing I noticed was that he didn't order a spacial freeze for himself, only for every other Shinigami.

Second thing is his saying Ikkaku would be satisfied if he died in battle. I'm not sure if he's saying Ikkaku plans on dying or what. Those words didn't strike me as anything special, since that's essentially what the definition of fearless is anyway.

Finally, the "please start preparations for Madarame Ikkaku's military funeral." This comes after Eduardo uses Volcanica for the first time, landing a solid hit on Ikkaku with it. To which, Asano asks, "Military funeral? You mean he's going to die?" And, at this, Yumichika shows marked surprise.

The surprise is what caught my attention. At first I thought Yumichika's emotions caught up to him, after he professionally observed and reported that he thought Ikkaku was going to die. Obviously Ikkaku is the person closest to him, and it makes sense he'd get upset at the idea of him dying, especially since he "must not help him".

But that doesn't quite make sense with his original statements, about Ikkaku's being satisfied if he's KIA. Doesn't mean Yumichika would be satisfied, but he values Ikkaku's honor greatly and would seemingly rather let him die than take that away. Or, perhaps he thought that, but upon Asano's words he had second thoughts...

But it was strange, because we still don't know what death for a Shinigami exactly entails. The whole "Ichigo is a reincarnation of Kaien" theory goes for the idea that reincarnation is what will happen. If this is the case (which it may not be) why would Yumichika get upset at the thought of Ikkaku dying in the first place?

"Military funeral" I don't know the custom in Japan for such matters (would almost have to be WWII era stuff...) but I was wondering if Ikkaku's violating orders would be grounds to have him executed. He may be breaking the rules by using his Bankai, or exceeding the allowed power level, and Yumichika intends to bring him to justice for this. They both have great pride, and Yumi, seeing that his friend is surely going to break the rules, won't interfere (again, the "must not help"), but will make him meet the consequences afterwards. This idea is supported by Ikkaku worrying about the other Shinigami seeing him use his Bankai. However, this theory starkly opposes my other one that the two are actually lovers.

edit -2500th post

Munsu
Fri, 03-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Well, remember that Yumi apparently gave up the third seat because Ikkaku was his friend (best friend?), so even if he dies with honor, there's plenty of reason for Yumi to feel upset if he were to die. And you probably hit the jackpot, he can't help him so at the moment he probably feels helpless.
And I don't think Yumi thought Ikkaku would use his bankai, so when he asked for the funeral he probably thought that Ikkaku would be killed by the arrancar. I don't think Ikkaku would tell Edorad to not tell anyone he can do bankai if he plans to die. Now, I don't know about the repercussions of him keeping his bankai silent, then coming to the real world and using it, and the important part is that his power is probably not restricted since he's not a Captain or Vice-Captain so he might be doing some real damage to the souls that sorround him.
Asano showed a bit of reiatsu power earlier, I wonder what's going to happen after being arround a bankai Ikkaku.

And speaking of power restrictions, do you guys think Ichigo has been restricted since he's at the captain level? We know he has no real affiliation to soul society, but they might have done something to him while in SS. I myself think that he's not restricted, but I guess we'll have to wait and see if he's restricted or not.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 03-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Ichigo was not always at Shikai. Remeber when he first got his Zanpaktou? It just looked some big ass meat cleaver. When he was training with Kisuke he was only left with the handle of his zanpaktou. Due to it being cut off first by Byakuya and then by Kisuke himself. He then went in to Zangetsu's world, where Zangetsu told Ichigo his name and then Ichigo was able to resume fighting again.

@Masa: Ichigo is a reincarnation of Kaien? Who is Kaien?

Munsu
Fri, 03-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Kaien, the Rukia's shinigami senpai that she killed because he was turning into a hollow.

Ichigo needed to know the name to go into Shikai, but Zaraki's reiatsu is so strong and powerful that it kinda forced the always released form, he didn't need the soul cutters name.

JaySee
Fri, 03-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Kenpachi's sword shows no sign of being in Shikai. It looks like a normal katana beat to crap. They said it looks beat to crap because he doesn't know its name and abuses it uncaringly.

Munsu
Fri, 03-09-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm pretty sure that Zaraki mentioned that his sword is in it's true form, and that's it's not sealed and that it can never be sealed because of his strong reiatsu. Hence why the release state of his sould cutter is forced. There are a lot of interprations of what's meant, but the general concensus is that it is in a permanent released state.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 03-09-2007, 05:56 PM
I don't remember him saying any of those things.

The other thing that I noticed interesting in this episode was the way the Arrancar's mask dissapeared when he used his shikai.

I'm wondering, since all the arrancar only have partial masks, if their zanpaktous are actually made from their masks, and when they use their shikais, it uses up the rest of the mask.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 03-09-2007, 08:17 PM
So by that logic, what be left to use if they used Bankai? Or can they not use Bankai?

StillAlive
Fri, 03-09-2007, 10:11 PM
That is a question I asked myself, too. For now I'd say arrancars don't have a bankai or something similar - actually they don't have a real shikai either:
Edorad stated that the zanpakutou of an arrancar is the core of their power and once released they reach their full power and take on their true forms. He also said that arrancars zanpakutous are the opposite of a shinigami's sword (whatever that means, I don't understand it...), therefore you probably cannot compare the release of an arrancars sword with the shikai of a shinigami.
And if they are in their true form after the release there shouldn't be a higher powerlevel for them after that - so no bankai or such a thing. Maybe...:confused:

dark maginn
Sat, 03-10-2007, 03:12 AM
Wow his bankai looks like kratos off of God Of War

Kensee
Sat, 03-10-2007, 09:38 AM
That is a question I asked myself, too. For now I'd say arrancars don't have a bankai or something similar - actually they don't have a real shikai either:
Edorad stated that the zanpakutou of an arrancar is the core of their power and once released they reach their full power and take on their true forms. He also said that arrancars zanpakutous are the opposite of a shinigami's sword (whatever that means, I don't understand it...), therefore you probably cannot compare the release of an arrancars sword with the shikai of a shinigami.
And if they are in their true form after the release there shouldn't be a higher powerlevel for them after that - so no bankai or such a thing. Maybe...:confused:

Finally someone who got his/her head around it. From what Edorad said, "this is my TRUE form," as in his true arrancar state. As much as king fisher's true arrancar state (no matter how pitiful) was the one Isshin killed. The arrancar wont be bankai - ing anytime soon, or never. They are opposites to shinigami and so when they release their swords, they become their true power, unlike shinigami who release their sword to bring out the power of their blades, not of their own.

Wow his bankai looks like kratos off of God Of War

Hahaha, thats a pretty intersting comparison ... only if Ikkaku was a wee bit buffer :D

el_boss
Sat, 03-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Perhaps best episode ever :D

gr3atfull
Sat, 03-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Just finished watching it.....

AAAHHHHHHH IKKAKU!!!!!!!!! He is soooo amazing!!!!!!! Ok I'll stop my fan girl moment now. Wow. He got bankai! Cant wait for next week!!!!!! I hope pretty boy Yumichika got his bankai too. Now, I really cant wait for more fights scenes and surprises!!!!

Carnage
Sun, 03-11-2007, 02:58 AM
The animation of this episode was off the fucking charts.....just wow....

If they can make the rest of the eps as good as this one then I will be a happy man :D

ForteCross
Sun, 03-11-2007, 01:23 PM
when we saw the past of zaraki... when he killed the little girl's parents... he had his sword... but if i remember clearly he didnt had shinigami's cloth... so when he said that his sword was in his true form... i though that his sword is not even a zanpaktou... just a beat up katana... cuz he already had it before he was a shinigami... i dont know... i need to rewatch those chaps...

Inazuma
Sun, 03-11-2007, 04:32 PM
" I didn't wanna use it in a place like this, watch closely, but don't tell anyone ... "

Ikkaku, just can't die ...
Or legion of fans will come and chop the scenarist's head off

" Don't bullshit me ... decide if it's impressive or not after your dead ! "

Sasori
Sun, 03-11-2007, 06:36 PM
At first I thought they really were going to kill off Ikkaku, now I'm not so sure. To say the very least, he will probably win but get the crap beaten out of him first. The animation in this episode is absolutely stunning! I'm really wondering how the battle between Shawlong and Hitsugaya will go.