PDA

View Full Version : Appleseed: Ex Machina

Munsu
Sun, 03-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Here's a trailer for the second Appleseed movie, Ex Machina. Looks pretty good, can't wait for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrllEZw9r4A
http://www.shirowledge.com/news.html#200702

Board of Command
Mon, 03-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Awesome news. Hopefully they can produce even better graphics this time around.

Kraco
Mon, 03-05-2007, 03:43 AM
Looks good. The second Appleseed version already had pretty impressive graphics, so naturally they have to pull this one off with new tricks.

Yukimura
Sun, 03-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Appleseed Ex Machina (1280x270,H264,Blu-Ray Source, 5.1 Audio) - [THORA] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=4808)

This file is 4.4 GB, is HD, has Japanese audio and subs in English, Dutch, German, French, Spaish, and Portugese.

Appleseed Ex Machina (XviD) (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=4809)
This file only has eng audio and isn't HD, but it won't rape your computerr.

English Audio Track from XviD Version (DDL) (http://www.mediafire.com/?ucjmzjsymq3)
If you're handy with mkvtoolnix and you want to hear in English so you can pay more attention to the beautiful HD animation instead of reading subs, mux this with the THORA release (add in a 1000ms delay!!!!). Unfortunately the resultant file won't fit on a DVD anymore.

Sandldan
Sun, 03-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Sweet been waiting for this for some time now, computer rape is imminent

Ryllharu
Sun, 03-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Neither computer I have can handle Blu-Ray resolution, so I suppose I'm out of luck until the dvd comes out here in the States, or a SD dvd-rip surfaces.

I had to do the same thing with the Paprika release, but that dvd was worth watching on my couch.

NM
Sun, 03-02-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as well but I've been looking forward to this movie for awhile. I loved the first one but there's no way my computer can handle a Blu-Ray source. =/

Board of Command
Sun, 03-02-2008, 10:07 PM
There's nothing special about the Blu-ray source. It's still encoded in x264 but just at a higher bitrate than the standard 720p episodic anime releases. If you can handle those then you can handle this movie.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 03-03-2008, 04:17 AM
Awesome. I'll have to wait for my billing month to get end now, so I can steal traffic at the end . Luckily it's not the end of March.

Yukimura
Mon, 03-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Is dub hate really that strong? The XviD release will should on pretty much everyone's computer.

rockmanj
Mon, 03-03-2008, 11:50 AM
yea, works fine on my old rig...

Board of Command
Tue, 03-04-2008, 01:05 AM
720p doesn't do this movie justice. There are lots of textures that look blurry when the camera zooms in on things. The cityscape looks amazing though. This movie should be watched at 1080p.

The story kinda sucks though. All flash, no substance.

Kraco
Tue, 03-04-2008, 04:08 AM
Then I suppose you should watch it in 1080p:

Appleseed​_Ex​_Machina​_(2007)​_[1080p,BluRay,x264]​_-​_THORA (http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=4855)

1920x1080, x264, 23.976 fps, 6.5 gb, Japanese AC3 5.1, 640 kbps, Eng,Ger,Spa,Por,Dut,Fre subs (Eng subs are edited R1 subs)

darkshadow
Tue, 03-04-2008, 05:44 AM
i thought it was awesome, i would actually buy, yes buy this if i had a blu-ray player :x (grabs 1080p version now)

Tobydelaroka
Tue, 03-04-2008, 10:18 AM
I dunno why... I have issue with girl being a main character in movie/anime/etc. I cant take it anymore! arghhh !!! *going nuts*
hmm downloading... ETA 2 - 3 hours.

Kraco
Tue, 03-04-2008, 10:48 AM
If you have an issue with that, you are already nuts so you don't need to bother going nuts anymore. Good for you. Half of the world population is made of women so it makes sense lots of movies and series have girls as main characters.

I have long known I like the traditional 2D characters a lot more than 3D renditions and while this movie had a kind of "plain" or simplified style (clearly not going for photorealism like some others), it still bothered me. 3D backgrounds, machines and such don't bother me at all, though. Just the characters. Although I suppose the old school 2D characters in as gorgeous backgrounds as this movie had might seem equally out of place, just in a different way.

A jolly good movie in any case, though. I watched the 720p version, and it looked absolutely superb. You could also see nice homages paid to various movies.

Board of Command
Tue, 03-04-2008, 11:49 AM
6.5 GB! I'm not going to re-watch this movie just for the visuals. The plot is really bad.

Lucifus
Wed, 03-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Wow, first time seeing Appleseed and I gotta say, CG version or not, I was absolutly blown away.:D That made my day.

The visuals were definitely a factor in that though, no doubt. Gotta share this with my friends. So very glad how she ended. ^^

Sapphire
Wed, 03-05-2008, 08:49 AM
I will watch. But it's still downloading. What I remember of Appleseed 1 was amazing. (At least visual wise). I'm going to go watch the first movie again.

Kraco
Wed, 03-05-2008, 10:29 AM
What I remember of Appleseed 1 was amazing. (At least visual wise). I'm going to go watch the first movie again.

Appleseed 1? You mean the original from 1988? I wouldn't call it amazing, especially visually. The 2004 movie was good, though. I actually watched the 2004 version first, then attempted to watch the original but it was so inferior in comparison it was really hard to watch all the way through.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 03-05-2008, 05:47 PM
I happened to stumble upon the 1988 version many years back while I was looking for DVD/VCDs in the house. I have to say, back then it wasn't half bad. Kinda like Ninja Scroll/Fist of the North Star quality. I've no idea which one follows the original story more, but the 2004 one seemed pumped with visuals and Hollywood action. Which I honestly don't mind. :D

Ryllharu
Wed, 03-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Finally found some free time to watch it. That was quality cyberpunk that satisfies my random cravings. Story was a bit on the cliche side of cyberpunk, but who cares?

The motion capture on this was much, much better than the previous film (if they did it at all). Motions and a ton of physical expressions were spot on. Combined with the shiny animation, there were points I forgot I was watching anime.

If James Cameron's live-action Battle Angel (with Alita being 100% CG) turns out even halfway as good as this....I'll be extremely happy.

Idealistic
Sat, 03-08-2008, 02:38 AM
I've seen this thread around but never really checked it out until I saw the preview on TV just now. It looks amazing.

My question is, do I need to watch the first film to watch this new one?

Kraco
Sat, 03-08-2008, 03:18 AM
No. But Appleseed 2004 is a very fine film as well so there's no reason to not watch it if this interests you. And for sure you will get some extra character background if you do.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Finally, new billing month, new quota!!! :) My ISP is getting smarter, so I didn't get to steal that much extra download, but back to the movie.

Awesome.

They did an even better job this time with things like facial expression compared to Appleseed 2004, especially Deunan's hair. I'm loving the 2D/3D art. They did it so well, at times I don't even notice 2D, and to me it's no less realistic than full 3DCG movies like FFVII - AC. The whole Halcon collapse reminds me of Laputa- Castle in the Sky, a childhood favourite. They also developed more on Deunan x Briareos relationship, which is nice. And Hitomi with long hair = win

If I had to pull it apart and complain, they could have timed the subs better to fit phrasings and perhaps made them more accurate. Hearing something and reading something else just throws you off a little bit.

Despite that, Awesomeness = Over 9000!

(R2 anticipation is getting to me, but I thought I saw a Geass @ 1:12:41 BluRay :))

Ryllharu
Sat, 03-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Hitomi voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro this time = win, longer hair or not.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 03-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Wow. Now that you mention it, every single recurring character bar one had different VAs this time round. The only one they kept was Ai Kobayashi as Deunan Knute.

Ryllharu
Sun, 03-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Damn. Hitomi was the only one I outright noticed, but I thought for sure that Athena and maybe Nike were the same, but nope.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 03-17-2008, 06:55 AM
If you can't get enough of this, Shinji Aramaki plans on making this a trilogy, so expect one more from this franchise, as well as a tv series that's under production. I really hope they surpass EX Machina like they did Appleseed 2004. I can't bare the thought of them stuffing this up like Terminator 3 did.

Ryllharu
Mon, 03-17-2008, 05:16 PM
...or you could always get a completely different angle on the entire thing by reading the original Shirow Masamune's manga.

Definitely starts out differently, and I'm not entirely sure where it all goes, but I certainly liked the take on it of what I read.